Re:zero

Now that this show ended how would you compare it to other isekai such as overlord, log horizon Sao ect...?
Better or worse ?

Other urls found in this thread:

translationchicken.com/2016/09/12/rezero-arc-3-interlude-ii-lets-eat-12/
ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/
pastebin.com/3srCpNgB
dailymotion.com/video/x2pmrwh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

worse than log horizon , better than overlord.

>ended
>implying

>ended

>Okay, we have this Story about Emilia and Toyota and Subaru loves Emilia for no real reason, what do we do?
>Oh, lets add in maids; one being Snarky McSmug and the other a Siscon!
>Great, lets give Siscon a reason to be a Siscon and let Mitsubishi help her overcome this trauma. This way, we can add a little bit spice, ya know?
>To make it more spicy, let her become totaly Dere for Hondai! Also let SisconDere have this fucking great scene where she is super kawaii and shit!
>Okay, now we go NTR on SisconDere because we want to make sure that the audience knows that Emilia is #1
>In the meantime, lets use Emilia sparingly and everytime she is on screen, let us have her a #HalfElfLivesMatter and Emilia Dindu noffin speech, like she is stuck on repeat! Perfect
>now for the final scene, we just imply some character development for Emilia while also still staying on course with the #HalfElfLivesMatter movement and have her do the cute SisconDere scene, just more zoomed in and with added brightness so the viewer only sees white.

This will not get another season, the anime itself has ended.

Different.

nonononoNOONOONOONONON

Konosuba is the only isekai I have liked so far, Re:zero had some good episodes but was poor overall

everything is different, but is it better?

You can't really compare them.
LH is about video game players getting sent to a game world with video game abilities and is about them adapting to the world.

Re Zero is about a guy getting sent to a fantasy world and being the weakest shitlord in the whole world who still manages to accomplish stuff because of his past experiences.

>You can't really compare them.
they all look like generic isekai stuff to me, guess I just cant appreciate the nuances.

The best ever made. Of course, if it had been longer it would be better, but 2nd season fucking never fucks it up a bit. Yet isekai is generally so bad it's actually still the best.

Jesus Japan just won't stop talking still about this episode. They love it too much.

Picture is both Re:Zero tags, occupying Top 1 and 2.

Ok final reactions:

Japan
>Beautiful ending
>Nice ending, expecting a season 2
>Thank you for the show
>Where's "Let's eat?" still, good show
>I really am expecting a second season! Please do it!
>Rem disappeared even from staff's memory

2ch
>Great episode, but no "Let's eat"?
>Disappointed there's no "Who's Rem?" still, the ending was good. Expecting a season 2
>Honestly was expecting to end at least on "Let's eat". Still it was better than expected.

West
>The ending was perfect, if people didn't know about the spoilers
>I'm so fucking salty. I prepared stuff just to post "Who's Rem" and it never fucking happened.
>W H I T E F O X F A I L E D A G A I N
>I only watched this show for the fucking ending to happen so that people will be fucking mad. Fuck this shit.
>Fucking pussies
>BLUNDER OF THE YEAR

The LNs just literally dropped the next part. Not enough official material to make more. Do some research anime only fags.

Had some really great episodes but the rest was overall average.

yea noticed this too
this is hilarious desu

there's a web novel that has enough content for ~2 seasons if they keep the same pacing as 1st season
do some research LN only fag

>Overlord
Sucked ass. Ainz is OP as shit.
>Log Horizon
Average even compared to SAO
>SAO
Sucks but at least this show I can see the appeal
>ReZero
Literally self insert shit with MUH DESPAIR because lol he has infinite lives

Isekai as a genre is just shit honestly. Even time traveling and "timelines" are getting old and tired.

So who's best witch? Which one has the best power? Which one of these abilities be cool in HxH?

Satella
>absorbed all powers and can grow 2000 hands

Ekidna
>can create dimensions

Minerva
>heal people by punching them, however that creates a disaster somewhere else

Sekhmet
>strongest witch besides Satella

Typhon
>removes limbs of anyone she finds sinful

Pandora
>rewrite a phenomenon

Hector
>negates any magical attacks with gravity

Carmilla
>makes people so aroused looking at her they forget how to breath

Daphne
>makes you so hungry when looking at you you begin to eat your own arm

And btw, which bishop has best authority?
Betelgeuse
>grow invisible hands
Ley
>can eat names (everyone forgets the victim), memories (amnesia) or both (vegetable)
Sirius
>can share or transmit emotions and sensations and raise them to the point of madness or control over them. She also fights with fire chains
Regulus
>stops time and becomes the sharpest thing in existence. A wave of his hand killed Reinhard
Capella
>can transform anyone into anything, and can transform injuries into uninjured parts of her body, thus she's immortal
Al[
>can rewind time

I have a conquest.
Please spoil this show to me, in the quickest manner possible

>Who's Rem?

Was everyone suppose to forget Rem at the end of this arc? Sounds like it would have been the best and maddening cliff hanger.

>The ending was perfect, if people didn't know about the spoilers
This, fuck you spoilerfags.

I usually drop Isekai halfway through but I really liked Re:0

>Rem disappeared even from staff's memory

I thought only Love Live would get that kind of trend. Almost 200k for a show that isn't about idols? That is really surprising.

>>Rem disappeared even from staff's memory

>>Rem disappeared even from staff's memory
Remfags on suicide watch.

it was kind of dispappointment, they kind of dropped the things that made it great in the begnining, does it come back in the wn?

H

FUCK EMTFAGS WATCH WHEN ARC 4 GETS ANIMATED AND YOULL SEE YOUR PRECIOUS WAIFU BREAK.
WHILE I WILL BE LAIGHING AT YOU WITH MY REM PILLOW

It was a fun ride.

Yeah, I know about the spoilers and this was honestly the best way to end the anime/season.

If theré isn't going to be a second season a cliffhanger would be fucking stupid

I did faggot, thats why I said official material. The publishers spend money to get their stuff made, they wont spend money on something they dont officially own as of yet. Do stop being butthurt and trying to rearrange reality for logic to warrant a S2 immediately.

This pretty much. LH is still reigning supreme.

the first half, then it became, meh.

>And, after suddenly smiling and gently bringing her face closer―
>"Subaru―"
>"―"
>Emilia kisses the silent Subaru.
>――Subaru's first kiss tasted like a cold death.

How far is the web novel from the anime?

Satella is probably the strongest
>Typhon
she's supposedly a lot stronger though
judgment is only one ability of pride, it's supposed to be more stronger, but she died before she could show her true potential
so Typhon is one of the more powerful
Pandora is pretty crazy too, I wonder if she could defeat Satella

So far. Too fucking far.

The equivalent of ~60 episodes.

>By the way, where's Rem?
What did he mean by this?

>Worse than log horizon

That's kind of impossible. Log Horizon has been going downhill since S2 the LNs went full retard

A lot

Ram becomes the dom in her relationship with clowncock

overlord seems better.

This was a shitty anime. Wanted to know what the hype was about and kept watching, but it got worse and worse. I'm so angry that I listened to you faggots that I want to register on animeencyclopedia and give this show the shit rating it deserves, but I won't waste any more of my energy for this shit.

> mfw it gets great scores by obsessive rem/emilia faggots on animeencyclopedia

I'm disappointed in you faggots

>satella can grow 2000 hands
>subaru tells emilia he will tell her 2000 good things about her
>emilia's reaction
The witch is already reborn.

So what do you faggot watching next season?

(You)

What did she mean by this?

Remove haffu-effus

>warrant a S2 immediately.
I didn't, I just said there's material
LNs can be released pretty fast, look at how fast the first 3 volumes were released. Totally possible that we'll get another season in late 2017/early 2018 and have enough LNs to complete arc 4 and possibly arc 5 if they work hard enough.

>Roswaal's Cumdumpster

That's not Ram

Overlord is worse than SAO.

thx dude, it means a lot to me

>Rem
who?

Spoilerfags BTFO
BTFO
T
F
O

Hypothetically, If 100% of the written/planned 12 wn arcs were translated into anime, it would be 175 episodes long.

>Season 8 when?

heres partially right, the show started out good but then ended being a bland typical rpg type thing,

>Rem lost

FUCKING DROPPED

>S1 ends with a copy of Rem facepat
>S2 begins with finding vegetable Rem
kek

He asking were his gf rem is customers he remembered that he had a date with her

I've already fallen. Subaru is the best.

Damn, Subaru must have a god complex to say something like that.

The end bit of
>are you ok with someone like me
>you can fall in love with me in your own time
was so fucking cringe.I got it with rem since she was always like that but all of Emilias backbone seems gone

Season 2 when

Spoil me, what was the shit storm ending?

>Watch anime because of the trauma that the protagonist has to go through and how big of a realistically insecure neet with a gigantic god-complex he is.
>Finish Anime extremely disappointed with that forced sweet ending and the protagonist actually falling in love with a character he has no chemistry with.
Was the ending changed, or something? Arc 3 couldn't have possibly ended that way, right?

Im surprised how they just dropped her and glossed over it.In the end I wondered if he himself forgot about her and it would end on a stinger that rem is sitting right next to them as he is confessing his undying love to Emilia. The witch also needed to be a bigger part of the plot

Rem disappeared even from the staff's memories

Can anyone explain to me what the fuck happened here?

maybe. its worse than mahouka but its not worse than re zero

>there are people who expect WHITE FOX to make a 2nd season
Whitefox NEVER EVER FUCKING NEVER EVER made a 2nd season.

2nd Season ReZero fags might aswell stand in line with 3rd Season Index fags.
the last bit hurts me insde

You should ask this after 3 months.
Too many people are pretending to have good taste by shitting on popular anime at the moment.

THESE FUCKING FUCKS WHY WHY WHY MUST BETELGEUSE SUFFER SO MUCH ARHHHHHHHHHGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Its SAO with more cringy edge so i guess a 4/10 in the end. Expected something different but nothing really happened apart from 2 nice episodes. I think the series was just cliffhanger after cliffhanger which was what kept people talking and entertained.

Betelgeuse follows the gospel's words so subaru probably wrote something like: it's over

Im assuming books are their books of life that have all their life transcribed in them. If you write "the end" they just drop dead

>cucked by Toyota
Being Betelgeuse is suffering

Sauce on these witches?

- Any person not connected to the witch will go insane by looking in that book.
- Subaru can't understand the text in that book.
- Changing passages in that book has real influence on the world and can affect cult members.
- Subaru uses this to kill Betelgeuse.
- Avoid this thread if you haven't watched episode 25!

Overlord is literal bottom of the barrel tier. Like the tate yuusha LNs. Re:Zero >>>>>>>>>> Overlord

yep the whole show was people going "trust me I read the books, shit is going to go down and it will be epic" in the end it fizzles almost as hard as endless 8

omfg
they skipped the satella scene
where subaru says he'll meet her and she said she'll be waiting
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

>Whitefox NEVER EVER FUCKING NEVER EVER made a 2nd season.
What is GochiUsa?

Thats a deathnote, it says beetlegoose.

On par with LG, much better than SAO but then again anything is, not sure about Overlord.

So is this worth picking back up? I stopped watching after Emilia denounced Subaru since I found the cast of characters god awful.

I thought she was just hurt and resting.Maybe I'm misremembering though

FUCKING RUINED IT WITH A HAPPY ENDING

LITERALLY MADE THE BEST ANIME OF THE YEAR INTO YET ANOTHER MEDIOCRE ISEKAI ANIME

FUCKING PUSSIES REEEEEEE

>no more betelgeuse
FUCK DESU

HE WAS GOING TO MENTION REM

THEY CUT IT RIGHT AT THAT MOMENT

THIS IS ART

LH*

Subaru was a bitch for a while but ended up being super cool

How did Toyota know the witch would fuck up beetle juice in his head?

It was implied, which is way better than outright stating it

No, he loved Emilia always. They just cut Who's Rem? (Itadakimasu) scene.

speaking of log horizon, will it ever get a 3rd season? i know the second season was a massive fuckfest but i'm still curious for another one

yes but its still better then re:zero. If we are adding in manga then its also better than New Gate and is on the same level as Tensei Shitara Slime

Imagine someone putting blood all over you're waifu's limited edition art work that was never scanned.

The second season caught up with the books.

Yea people probably thought it worked better in their heads but on screen nothing of importance really happened for a long time. There was no sense of urgency you would expect from a guy who gets killed a few times in the first episodes.

I completely disagree.
As for the anime Re Zero was a bit better, but as a series (so the light novels and plot and everything else) Overlord is better, much better.

>yes but its still better then re:zero
Only if you have conditioned yourself to thoroughly enjoy eating shit.

It's not dropping a show if you finished it you nigger

Believe me I wish I could drop it, too, but it's done. Just forget it.

Most people will shit on Overlord because of the beyond cancerous fanbase and the constant general circlejerk but the show itself was decently entertaining.

Fucking Whitefox first Utwareruyawno and now this

I'm no longer watching anything made by Whitefox they always manage to fuck it up no matter how good it might appear.

so the girl he actually promised to save the first time around was satella?

No its not

It was you.

Why would he put his blood all over the devil's gospel? That seems like a really bad idea.

I guess eva gurren and insert other labeled mecha series are the same generic shit, i can't appreciate the nuances.

because she kills everyone who knows his secret and she uses nisan as her gate

I liked overlord, but the fact that Ainz is so powerful makes it kinda boring but still enjoyable. (the pay to win ending was hard to watch tho)

On the other hand, re:zero was literally weak MC has to earn his good ending with blood and tears. The transition between Shinji-tier and normal fantasy MC felt a bit rushed, too much time breaking Subaru and too little about him getting stronger in a realist manner (suddenly sky diving out of a flying whale without even hesitating) but it wasn't so bad.

At least it is the closest thing to a Demon's Souls anime i will get.

I was prepared for vegetable, didn't expect that they cut it out.
>yfw it's the first thing to be revealed when S2 confirmed

Inuyasha is a way better isekai and came out like 20 years ago. Re Zero is quite the bullshit, i feel like i wasted my time with this snoozefest.

I didn't like Ainz personally at all and he appeared as a broody emo teen angsting how he can't be friends with anyone except the people of his guild.

Well that and overpowered to the point of being boring.

That's just your opinion, man

ok how is it worse than re zero?

rem is kill
betelgeuse is kill
why even live

>Overlord is better, much better.
No it's a more chuuni/edgy version of SAO. and it manages to come off as an even more childish self-insert fantasy.

Ainz's hypocritical speeches became really cringeworthy.

>rem is kill

She's not though

So, LN/WNfags, how likely is it that Emilia is Satella? This ending pretty much sold me on that theory.

he was too nervous to piss
deep down I always knew
overlord is boring because they break the first rule of showing plans "1.if you say your plan then something needs to go wrong of 2 you hide the plan and only talk about it once its executed " overlord lays out the plan and then has you watch its execution step by step. it could be about characters but instead of ainz crew you often spend time with some rendos who end up being taken over and relegated into background

so, not anytime soon

Season 2 never

Rem is forever, Rem is life

overlord is the press x to win of anime.

BECAUSE OF LOVE! OF LOVE OF LOVE OF LOVE OF LOVE OF LOVE OF LOVE!

I like the overpowered part when they acknowledge that they are overpowered and acting like they're the shit instead of pulling a SAO and acting like they a bitch.
But I enjoyed Mahouka so don't listen to my shit taste.

>suddenly sky diving out of a flying whale without even hesitating
Subaru's never really been shown to give a shit about danger, so there was no inconsistency here.

Subaru before sky diving off a whale:
>Fights with his life on the line despite his powerlessness (murdering psychopath, the crazy huge animal)
>Has the courage to suicide off a cliff

worse than overlord, way better than the boring shit that was log horizon.

Well time to read the WN.

the only anime I ever liked with an overpowered hero was one punch man.

>think i'm self inserting subaru
>realize i was betelgeuse all along
Rem is dead. The author will cuck us the same way Satella does. The suffering never ends.

Sorry, I can't into moon.
He wrote his name right?

How do people like log horizon? It's like Index where the show fucking sucks but everyone keeps saying "trust me, man, it gets better."

He wrote your name into it.

he wrote it was me, Dio

mondaijitachi is bretty gud. The MC acts like a complete cunt most of the time because he knows he can get away with it, plus there's no harem shit.

It was me, Pride

its a slow burner for people who like to pretend like characters in the show are their friends and they are hanging in a game. its not about the plot

Emilia = young Satella
Subaru = young Betelgeuse

Satella and Betelgeuse (old Emilia and Subaru) travel back in time for some reason.
Emilias 'I want to make everyone equal' policies backfire and she is portrayed as pure evil and is banished from the world (just like communism).
Subaru goes insane because he can't find his waifu anymore.
Emilia can't find Subaru either (maybe his change to Betelgeuse was too drastic), so she accidently calls young Subaru from our world.

Good show, the ending was underwhelming but cute. No mayor complains but it needed the cliffhanger imo.

That would have made it worth it
mondaijitachi has no internal constancy so they can keep asspuling till the end of time. bunny abuse gets old fast

Still waiting for S2.

By far the most over rated anime of the year.

SHAKE THAT

it needed more suffering
thats what I came for then you bait and switch me.

Your pretty dumb if you don't understand the plot already.

Almost no asspulls in the anime, but then >11 episodes
We'll be waiting for a long fucking time, m8.

Why the hell there's blank pages in the middle of that gospel?

So how did Betelgeuse die for good the second time round after reanimating his corpse?
The fire didn't seem to do anything to him and he just vanished on his own.

Half the book is empty. Watch him flip through it, half way its all black pages.

Satella felt asleep writing her bible.

Truly slothful

I liked it.
That's about it.

Subaru sort of got better in the end but he's still bit of a shit.
Emilia... I don't really care about her or her relations.
Rem might or might not be the best girl. She's bland but a good support character.
Betelgeuse is seriously one of the best insane- type villain in a long time.

'Isekai' is a narrative device meant to include a character we can understand and relate to into a world that is different. Thus, we can follow along as he/she discover the elements and other peculiarities of said new world. Mark Twain did it, for fuck's sake. Trying to to bundle the isekai stories together is dumb. There are often similarities but I would never try to find a benchmark for them.

I am expectant of season 2 (when/if).
Solid 7/10, might have been 8/10 if there had been less CGI. The stiff land-dragons were a pain to look at.

Should I read the web novel or the light novel? If wn where do I go to find it in english?

See the thing with Overlord is that is what I want
Everyone keeps bitching about how Ainz is OP, but for me that just adds to the entertainment.
Overlord gave me the one thing I wanted out of it: a dumb power fantasy taken to the most absurd degree where our protagonist is a literal god and can do no wrong. You have other series which have a boring Mary Sue protagonist, especially in Isekai, but they more often than not try and shoehorn in some sort of underdog battle-shounen adventure bullshit.
Not Overlord. When you're an 8 foot tall skeleton-god everything else becomes laughably trivial. The whole series is basically dedicated to jerking this guy off in the most showy way possible.
A battle is not just
>That technique!?!? he's so skillfull! This opponent is too strong!
It's
>We are in the presence of a god and all that we can do is prostrate and silently accept death.

Re: Zero gave me a whiny bitch protagonist who had to rely on everybody else to do everything and is generally a nervous wreck who can't do anything right the first time, not to mention the bland villains, uninspired adventure plot in the second half, and shitty love interest. The only thing it had going for it was the respawn gimmick being used to solve mysteries/smaller scale problems early on, but once the whale hit it became a lot less about problem solving and a lot more about Subaru just throwing himself at the problem until he fucked up the least.
Definitely not AOTY

>Reanimating his corpse.
He can't do that in the first place, he was barely alive and that attack was his last stand.

I like Re:Zero and all but I didn't FEEL the last scene.
Subaru is always telling Emilia she loves her but is up until now she reacts. Which I guess it works because Subaru puts so much effort, but that's what the viewer sees, not Emilia.

>overlord is the press x to win of anime.
It's about an average japanese salaryman managing an orphanage where the kids were abandoned by his past friends. Now that they're forced to move to a new place, he's struggling with the change and hardships, all the while he has to maintain the image of a dependable support pillar in front of his kids.

Was this ending anime original?

Ah fuck no more rezero hopefully there another season
I'm gonna miss this series

Well, that's a lot less cool than his carcass being driven to move by sheer obsession/love of Satella but I guess he just died from his wounds then.

No, just finished midway through vol9

Legit feel bad for Betelgeuse. He was a good boy

Read the thread before posting retard.

It felt like it

What was the episode title called again

>It's not even anime original
>They just cut out the important bit

What do you mean?

This. I fucking loved Overlord, and only watched it after I was halfway through Re:Zero.

Why was Emilia so irrelevant through all the story?

yeah charm of overlord is not in its plot, its in the presentation.I was hyped for ainz vs clementine even when the outcome was never in question

I thought Overlord was impossible to surpass but ReZero did it. I'm a happy watcher. S2 when, for both anime.

It's not satella fault she just staying loyal to her husbando

This.

Log Horizon > Re:Zero = SAO > Overlord

That said, I'm not even a fan of Log Horizon.

So what happens after the last scene?

It's probably how the second season is going to start though. I guess they wanted to end the season in a feel good note instead of the cliffhanger of the century.

IDK i liked log horizon a lot outside the bullshit kid stuff in the second season. This wasn't bad though. No way does it deserve all the hype it got but overall pretty sold.

>all this LH circlejerking

What the fuck is so good about it? I couldn't even watch it when I read the summary. It looks boring as fuck.

Because the introduction to the story just finished.
The next arc is where the hot shit starts with Emilia as the heroine of course.

Next season shell be relevant

because she is a symbol, an ideal on a pedestal and chaika won't take no for an answer

So they ended the anime before showing what happened to Rem.

An appropriate move I guess.

>log horizon
That implies that the character driven slow burner story was good.

I mean the reason why Satella loves Subaru in the first place.

It was boring as fuck.

2nd Arc

Satella takes over Emilia through Subaru, she ends up destroying and enslaving the world the remaining princesses/knights and subaru look for a way to remove the possession, he has to come to terms he'll probably never save her and can he still love her after all the crimes she committed while being possessed

I thought Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen could not be topped but rezero did it

It's the Evangelion of our time. A FUCKING MASTERPIECE!

Why do I see some faggots considering the LN as the "official material" disregarding the WN?

The author is the same guy who writes both, right?
And not a lot of the WN material is modified in the LN (details mostly) right?

The anime can perfectly follow the WN material with the LN following behind it's not like LN > WN or something.

Too much Subaru-wanking.
The writer should just try to get a life and work on his self-esteem instead of writing such cheap wish-fulfillment stories.

Because the LN is more polished.

When will she get screen time

Why the fuck did they have to do any of what they did in the last episode and a half?
If Subaru's plan to not get taken over was the whole triggering the witch thing, why didn't he do it before he even died?
Even if we assume he didn't think fast enough on the spot for that, why didn't he at least just assassinate beetlejuice the same way on the second go and instead opted to a long ass pointless chase followed by a long ass pointless fight?
What the fuck happened at the end of the fight?He smeared something in his own blood into the book and suddenly beetlejuice just dies?
Also what was the deal with that bomb?

We need the Kadokawabucks to fund a S2

>>Beautiful ending
DEM LOW STANDARDS

Leagues ahead, but it went full QUALITY as far as animation goes.

quality art

Subaru was going to start talking about having Rem as a mistress, and trying to make a deal to enjoy both as his personal waifus.
Then Emilia stops him cold by asking him who is Rem.

Then the tears, the despair and the fourth arc start.

She does get possessed once, but it doesn't last long.

Ending was pretty meh outside of the Sloth fight.

I'd say at its best it was better than Overlord but it wasn't at its best for a good part of the show.

>Subaru was going to start talking about having Rem as a mistress, and trying to make a deal to enjoy both as his personal waifus.
No really, what happened? I suppose the second part is true though.

Its incredibly boring.

God didn't finish His homework.

Truly he was a Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

All it's true, he starts talking about that, then Emilia asks him who is Rem, and then they go running to the other team, who got assaulted by the archbishop of gluttony, who devoured Crusch's memories and Rem's memories and Name, leaving the former amnesiac and the later in coma.

When he tries to reset, he finds out he has reached a new checkpoint.

Anything other than this is wrong.

"It looks like I really did get to Start Life in Another World From Zero".

Seriously, White Fox?

>Also what was the deal with that bomb?
Yeah. What about that? Seriously, what was the fucking point?

>kills himself after just saying he loved Emilia

Can't he just kill him self multiple times to go to past checkpoints?

What's the point of it being isekai. It would work just as well if Subaru was born in the fantasy world to begin with.

Dammit Cred Forums.

That literally happened in ep 18 or whatever the one where they wouldn't shut up was

Overlord was kinda entertaining for the most part
I liked that it never tried to pretend tht the MC wasn't completely over the top OP and rather relished in that fact
SAO is a hilarious and infuriating trainwreck from the moment Yui pops up on screen
Re: Zero starts strong, stays pretty good for about half of it and them plummets into the pits of painful mediocrity in the second half, getting worse with every episode
Lastly Log horizon. Fuck this show. Fuck everything from the little heal loli and her "nyanta-san!!!!!", to the totally 18 loli ninja, to in general just a painfully cliche and shitty cast.
I can't even watch LH the way I watched SAO(to laugh at the trainwreck), it's just that bad

>4 Re:Zero threads on the front page
God is dead and we killed him

That's not how checkpoints work, user.

It's harder to self insert which means less $$$

Well, I'm not impressed about that gluttony thing, I'm far more impressed about Subaru talking with Emilia about having Rem as a mistress.

okay,before watchin 25, i decided to visin Cred Forums,and everyone was just HYPING about Rem died again,Who is Rem was back again,and about that White fox fucked up again. Okay i agree,white fox really fucked up with ending because it was really boring af,like literally nothing happened. Just Subaru saving emilia ,and yea i can say that i liked this ending,concidering that im NOT Emilia-fag,no,no im for Rem 100%,but only one question left here now...WHAT HAPPENED TO REM? WHERE IS SHE? WHY NO-ONE SAID EVEN A WORD ABOUT REM? What the fuck White Fox? This is where they fucked up/

Log Horizon S1 > Re:Zero > Overlord > Log Horizon S2 > powergap > SAO

Then he would have isekai sensibilities and would hate half elves. delivering exposition would also have been harder and him being disrespectful to people of rank would have been ever more cringe

how many MCs have endured suffering to the point where it makes them vain?

>I shall end your with my giant sword hands mode

>WHAT HAPPENED TO REM?
Buy LN.
>WHERE IS SHE?
Buy LN.
>WHY NO-ONE SAID EVEN A WORD ABOUT REM?
Buy LN.
That's main fucking problem with such anime. SAO at least ended fucking story.
White Fox is a studio making this shit.

>Shell
I get it

After the Rem - Subaru conversation episode, the majority of the top 3 rows were filled with Re:Zero threads with more scattered below.

Even that was nothing compared to what would've happened if they did the cliffhanger ending though.

My God's not dead. He's surely alive. He's living on the inside. Roaring like a lion.

They didn't cut anything, they just stopped before the point was presented.

They are all garbage desu
I never realized that wish fulfillment shows could be even worse than battle harems

HE'S ROARIN

Season 2 will be announced next week

I forgot to use this '

Better than Log Horizon since I kept watching it after episode 3.

Worse than SAO because despite how shitty SAo was, it had a reasonable justification for the isekai and I never ended up liking the villains more than the protagonists.

I haven't seen Overlord yet.

>inb4 people saying I have shit taste

>Rezero
>Wish fulfillment

There nothing wish fulfilling about this show

>Japan has shit taste
What else is new?

Deserves a spin off so we can have an adventure story instead of Subaru's constant faggotry, it's fun watching him suffer and die but I wanted to explore Luginica.

Why the hell would they cut all the scenes with Satella, isn't one of the main focuses to find out why is she so focused in Subaru?

Shit taste desu
>Liking SOA at all

Checkpoints are basically stated later on to be decided by the fact that Subaru must die in order to solve a problem. That was a conclusion later on.

worse than any of these

I never said I liked SAO. I just said that Re:Zero was worse.

I seriously thought it was a spell effect when I saw it

>How did Subaru get to the new world?
>Why does Satella want Subaru so bad?
>What was the significance of the blank letter?
>What happened to Ram and Rem?

None of these were answered.

She's not the director's main focus.

>The protagonist died more than a dozen times, sometimes with extreme agony.
>He gets humiliated most of the time.
>He's useless for almost anything.
>While he fixes a lot of things, he needs to rely on the loops to fix the stuff he breaks himself.

There is no wish-fulfilment in here, user, Subaru suffers, and every victory he achieves requires a lot of effort from him, he's not a born winner, he's a loser who happens to be unable to lose for real.

>plus there's no harem shit

What harem shit did re:Zero have?
Rem loved Subaru, Subaru literally rejects her for satan.

He needs to be clueless enough for Emilia to trust and know jack shit about elves, oni's and witches.

>it's my first time watching a LN adaptation

What were you expecting?

Stay tuned for season twoooooo in twooooooo years.

Man, that ending was so underwhelming and it seems they wrapped it up in a way that it doesn't imply a second season.
Good riddance.
I liked Re:Zero since around episode 6, I really liked it but I feel like episode 15 set my expectations super high.
I have no one to blame but myself.

And to answer your question OP: It's a darker Isekai but I wouldn't say it's better or worse than Overlord or Log Horizon.

This has so much potential.

BIG

After 25 episodes of suffering which character is your favourite Cred Forums

Mine are felt,Crucsh,rem and winhelm and bettlejuice

Yes, I guess being a half elf who looks like the witch who destroyed the world subtracts a lot of points from her.

For the same reason he's hardly worried about Rem being an Oni, most likely he considers it cool.

>Literally nothing: The episode

They didn't even make it obvious in the anime that she loves him.
Final Satella scene was cut too.

Ram helped villagers and Rem was being healed in the capital as far as Subaru and the viewers are aware.

>Re:Zero = SAO

>it ended in daisuki instead of ai

what's the point?

Priscilla and Aldebaran seem interesting.
Subaru made me cringe more than a few times but I like him.

Much better.

Though, that's not saying much.

>11 minutes of cheesy dialogue
I love how Subaru was supposed of being this more "realistic" kind of character and he transformed into the most generic anime hero there could be after his dialogue with Rem. I mean, I wanted him to man up but the change was insane, too sudden (facing demons, leading armies, suddenly completely in control of his emotions to the point he can smug talk his enemies) and the level of "luck" he suddenly begun displaying out of nowhere made it really hard to suspend my disbelief. 25 episodes and the most interesting character is the villain, while Emilia is still more or less a cardboard box character (she's "very kind" and was bullied because she looks like Satella), to the point she has to explain her character to the viewers during her only meaningful dialogue she had a chance of having in like 16 episodes.

The show was saved by the more than average/superb directing. Pacing always felt good and it was never really "boring" to watch. But this doesn't save it from being utterly devoid on any concrete substance. It didn't even remotely try to address the "main plot". A sad case of another average show which could've become far, fare better. And now here we wait, for a second season that will never come.

Nope. I disagree.

>you have no skills
>all suffering has a reason and eventually pays off
>all the qts eventually want you
>all the men come to respect you
>all the people are moved by your words

The directing was bad. The director worked on mainly animation but still, the director was too much of a rookie.

Don't forget that at a certain point you get plot armor and you stop dying. You also get to be really cool by doing unpratical shit.
>"I could immediaatly write "it's over" in the diary and kill spiderbetelgeuse whenever I want but I shall wait, the scene will be more drammatic.

It makes no sense.
Rem litterally sacrificed herself multiple times for the guy.
Hell, even after brutally attacked by meme man her last words were the confession.
And even after experiencing all that and her openly confessing about it he's still going for Emilia because reasons.

I don't dislike Emelia, but come on, after all that shit you'd think he'd be a bit more considerate.

I actually like Subaru but Ram, Rom, Al, Julius and the little I saw of Anastasia.

Subaru.

My wife Anastasia is so cute.

>How did Subaru get to the new world?
Satella pulled him there
He was her lover during the first loop.
>What was the significance of the blank letter?
in their culture blank letter means "fuck you I have nothing to sat to you" so it could be interpreted as "fuck you Im switching to another camp"
Ram was fine, did not you see her in the ep? Rem was eaten by a magic beast that makes everyone forget them. like all the other people the whale ate

>Anime about witches
>Red text
>Anything in the book is truth and affects the world.

>Yfw the golden witch makes an appearance

Subaru, Ram, Rem, Crucsh and Wilhelm

>All the qts
I'm still waiting. Males, actually yes so far.

>he liked Overlord

guys... we knew about it

>who is Rem? : Season 2
>happy stupid ending like Zero no tsukaima season 1 : No more seasons EVER

its over guys, the anime has ended, the ride is over , those who still follow the WN
see you in our occasionally weekly Threads

Not really. The gospel does not work like that. He was gonna perish anyways.

So when does the rem fiasco start? And how did the part leading up to it go?

>S2 NEVER
>NO FREDERICA
>NO MEIDO PETRA
>NO ELSA
>NO ROOSWAL GOING BONKERS
>NO GARFIEL

I thought it was supposed to be about Subaru becoming a badass gradually instead of instantly, he was still shaky in 22 and 23 with Wilhelm telling him to man up. But yeah he takes his death really well in 24 despite just winging it.

He's still in the friendzone.

At least it was funny, though I'm not going to defend it.

>Re zero WN/LN fags have been hyping up episode 25 for several weeks saying It'll be the biggest ending ever and shit up the board more than episode 18

>all i got was a typical happy ending with some confession crap

Hahah this is why i tell you web novel and Light novel fags are the biggest bullshitters on this damn board

This show is so popular. Do people actually expect this to not get an S2 with how few risks most anime studios take? If they have something successful they should milk it completely dry.

REMFAGS

ON

SUICIDE WATCH

That's actually bad. He's devaluing his life.

>I love how Subaru was supposed of being this more "realistic" kind of character

He never was.

No real person would save a random girl he has a small crush on after dying trying to do so again and again in the most gruesome way in arc 1.

The trauma would crush such a person and would definitely not handle it himself again.

>papyrus
>this cleaning

How?

think about spoiler fags... they are going to travel to japan to stone the WhiteFox director for his Sloth!
fuck that no "Who's Rem" scene!

>shit your waifu is

For me it also the world building, the character dynamics, the political dynamics and the bug scale of it all that makes me like Overlord so much.

Unfortunately the anime only adapted the 3 first volumes and even botched it at that.

Judging Overlord by the contents of those 3 volumes expressed trough the mediocre anime would be like judging One Piece without reading past the baratie arc.

We weren't exactly lying. The anime stopped at a point where the reveal was to occur and Subaru to kill himself.

its not papyrus. I would like to see you do better in less than 5 minutes, with no Photoshop

To be fair it would've been a shitstorm if the episode lasted another minute.

Who are the semen demons on the top and bottom right?

>Reading like mudslime

>not lying
>said things will happen in an episode
>didn't happen

Tell me why i shouldn't consider eveything you say as mere fanfiction at this point?

Well I was under the impression Emilia was the only anchor he could use to bear all this bullshit. It wasn't exactly the best writing but I could accept it as a plot device.

Subaru was never really normal back in earth either.

REMINDER THAT SUBARU'S CONFESSION WAS A PARALLEL TO REM'S CONFESSION IN EP18.

He woukd have sorted his daddy issues eventually

Its funny because subaru will go insane if she goes for another guy

Yeah. Eventually. But his mentality back on earth was not normal. Even the shit he did was not normal. Old habits don't die so easily.

where is the review which was promised?

Thanks yoda

Honestly? I wish that happened, so that Satella would pick up the pieces and keep him as his much desired husbando.

Bonus points for doing that in Emilia's body.

I hope that happens.
He deserves to suffer.

He was always vain.

al is a bishop?

I said we're not lying. The anime literally was a few lines apart from the reveal. But they didn't do it.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure they could make a 12 episode 2nd season with the content currently available easily.

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO REM WHY IS SHE A VEGETABLE NOW?

What you believe is up to you.

Ok i made a template.
Anons, show me your power.

suicide watch

Not the same user, but I think he was pulled from Japan too but year before Subaru

So, what now? What's next?

Well....at least the Sloth is alive.
That's good... I guess

With the WN, yes.

Arc4 is longer than Arc3 though, so it would need to be longer than 12 episodes.

Truly slothful

Granted, Subaru does love her and Rem is fine with being the second wife.
He just loves Emilia first.

>I said we're not lying.

Do i have to repeat myself?

>said something will definently happen in the anime as if it were facts
>it never happened at all

I'm done listening to bullshitters

>felt, crucsh
My favourites. And we ended up with barely any of either of them. Felt's plot lines just got straight up abandoned.

>It makes no sense.
Well, just because someone gives their life to you it won't obligatorily make you want to have kids with them.

oh ok

>not using superior template made hours ago
that color gradient is truly slothful user

user just gave you the fucking translated interlude, you spaz.

Julius

I'm not entirely sure if you're trolling him or being a dumbass.

When in doubt I always question the intelligence of the guy in front of me, so, stop it, idiot, he's telling the truth.

>thinking a show that was faithfully adapting a LN will suddenly switch to a unedited draft

This has only ever happened with a few rare cases like Loh Horizon.

Don't get ahead of yourself shit is never getting another season until 1 year depending on how many LN volumes released.

>japan has the shittiest taste ever

Like pottery.

>no more betty

fuuuuuuuuuuuu

thumbnail reminded me of kyouma

"Ur a faget"

BUT WHERE IS REINHARD?

I definitely wasn't getting ahead of myself, simply stating that they COULD. I highly doubt they will, but they could.

flash "hundred yard" dash?

Betty and subaru's land dragon

Ok web/light novel fags i need some info

Where do i read the novels

Where should i start from, which volumes / chapters

I'm looking for the ones that continue where the anime left off

Please Cred Forumsnons help a nigga out

Reinhard
mfw no screentime

>trips
What the FUCK user

I want to fuck Petra so hard.

"The End"
>Reinhard gets trips again

Here it goes again.

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

That doesn't change the fact that you guys lied.

>someone factually lied
>doubting my intelligence for calling you faggots out

From now on unless you're producing the anime don't go round saying shit as facts.

I'll now go and see if you guys are lying about the content too.

>true hero of the series gets rejected by his waifu
>murdered by the bastard who cucked him
>true villain of the series survives
>confesses to his waifu
>gets away scot-free
BAD END

I want Capella to sit on my face.

We need to go bigger.

it's ok i'm just an asshole it's a pretty good meme anyway

For the WN ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/ buy it or search up scans for the LN.

From Volume 1 / Chapter 1.

There will be no S2. They won't want to risk losing financially when it is revealed that Rem is gone.

Yes, a spinoff in the same world without the main characters of the series to ruin it.

>hurrubrubrurr you guis r magicians that can see the future so u lied!!!!!!

They didn't finish the fucking volume, I'm not sure how anyone could've predicted that. It was much easier to guess that they would've ended it on Subaru either killing himself or his face in shock after "Who's Rem?" for the cliffhanger shock.

They wanted to make him sound romantic

Ended up with SUPERIOR GENTLEMAN creep feel

Subaru isn't a cuck

It's on the same level as SAO for me

aka pretty shitty at worse, mediocre at best.

big
hands

she's the new main girl after arc 4

exactly. I don't see him pulling the whole "im fine as long as she is happy" bullshit, He will lose his shit if he suddenly wants to love someone else

Then again don't start pushing shit for weeks as if it was guaranteed to happen.

The fact they ended this way might even tell you they don't plan for new seasons and might just leave it off as a 1 season adventure with a sweet ending and the rest of you fags go buy the LN.

Betty is a spirit and makes a contract with subaru in the future and becomes his puck

>There are people who wonder why LN's get so much shit

>Satella was voiced by Rie Takahashi

What did Whitefox mean by this?

>finds a way

he wrote that he could return by death because it kills people

Can anyone tell me what did Subaru write here? In the fucking page that i watched the episode, it didin't have a translation

Good , Season 2 incomming.

Satella is Emilia of the metaworld, duh.

>Hi everyone, i'm a filthy secondary

SATELLA IS NOT REAL

>"なお、オットーの加護の力はかなり強力なので、17話で彼がスバルに対して非道を働いたとき、彼の耳には追いかけてくる白鯨の声が聞こえていて……と思うと、彼の発狂も理解できるかなと。"
>Incidentally, Otto's ability range is pretty big. In episode 17, when he did something very awful towards Subaru, he had heard the White whale's voice that was chasing them......If you think along these lines, his madness is possibly understandable.

GODDAMMIT OTTO

I already made that reference.

>of anime

not like the anime was made from some form of source material or anything

0/10 apply yourself or get out

SHE'S REAL IN MY HEART

Her adventures stealing stuff from people?

Seems quite boring in my opinion...

For not being real, she sure left a lot of people butthurt, not to mention that part when she possess Emilia and kills lots of people while screaming how much she loves Subaru.

So did they just pussy out of showing the Rem thing? I honestly doubt the show isn't getting a second season and that would've been a perfect cliffhanger.

?

REMU REMU

Ending stuff on cliffhangers is cheap and awful though

The way it ended was pretty fucking awful too. Even more so than a cliffhanger end.

Ok. Arc 3 in detail.
> The candidates posters were posted like in episode 14.
> Witch Cult gets word of candidates and look who is popped up: Emilia.
> Witch Cult plans accordingly and is coincided with the whale.
> Whale and Cult are WITHIN THE SAME DAY AND NEAR ON DESTINATION.
> Betelgeuse's unit eliminates anyone in their path and to "test" Emilia.
> White Whale is intercepting the path shortest to the Mansion and was mentioned beforehand in episode 14.
> Subaru takes wrong route and meets White Whale there.
> White Whale chases Subaru based on his scent.
> White Whale suddenly leaves when it would have literally killed Subaru.
> Clue is Otto supposedly killed from Witch Cult WITHIN THAT AREA OF THE WHALE.
> Puck in episode 18 was to actually say Gluttony's Pet to describe Hakugei.(mistranslation or anime removed it)
> Gluttony's pet
> In episode 23, mabeasts still hunted after Betelgeuse for his smell but the Whale was considered a mabeast.
> So why did the whale stop when it would have the tendency as a mabeast?
> Gluttony's pet.
> Betelgeuse is Sloth and his unit should not be able to deal with the whale.
> Gluttony's pet
> That unit that was near the whale
Where are they now?

Deleting Krusch's memory and Rem's memory and existence turning her into a vegetable. Subaru is the only one who remembers her

EMILIA ENDING
M
I
L
I
A

E
N
D
I
N
G

Ley's unit.
He also hates merchants, explaining why Otto was killed during that loop

>Betelgeuse
petelgeuse

You should've known it was waifushit by how the people on here talk about it. All they ever talk about is rem, never how good the plot, music, non-waifu characters, etc. are.

Oh, there were talks trying to make out of the plot and all that but that got overshadowed by a bunch of pointless spamming. In other words, there was, but a bunch of idiots decided to make pointless wars for no reason and there were attempts, but no. So there a bunch of assholes who wanted to spam waifus and so on. There were attempts, really. But the threads went to absolute hell.

>finish last episode
>just happy it didn't end in suffering
>come to threads
>no 2nd season
>Rem is semi-kill

Cred Forums ruins everything even after everything is over.

Subaru when he was full Elliot-mode
BeetleSloth

Remember, the ride never ends

But anons, it doesn't matter if it's not mentioned. Because we're at this point in the story, Rem is already kill.

What did he mean by this?

I had low expectations and was still disappointed.

Jesus I actually feel angry at how it ended.

Betelgeuse experienced loss.

I want to see the timeline where she wins the crownbowl and purposely fucks everything up for everyone but her slumbros.

>Re:Zero now at 210k tweets

This anime is successful. There's no second guessing about it now.

White Fox and Kadokawa will for sure take a look at this.

Overlord is better than both Re Zero and Log Horizon.

so what ever happen to the pv it wasnt relevant right?

>He also hates merchants
Why?

He was raped in the ass by one as a little boy.

>likes SAO
>Dislikes Overlord

He hates jews

You have shit taste.

>anime made in japan for japanese audience
>americans cry because it's not made how they liked it
>therefore: japan shit taste

Too many people say "next arc is where the hot shit starts" after every single fucking arc.

No. Fuck that. A series absolutely does not withstand going through it for three fucking arcs before the excitement really starts. People need to drop that shit.

From the very beginning, the hot shit was always fucking here.

The first arc was good. It introduced plenty of major players, from Emilia to Reinhard to Felt, in cool and memorable ways; the Elsa encounter after being killed by her was good; the big fight at the end was good.
The second arc was good. The focus on mystery really drove home the show's difference from typical isekai stories. It introduced tons of new characters and concepts and of course eventually centered in on Rem, who is well-loved.
The third arc was good. The despair was good. The cringe was good. The monarch competition was god. Juli beating Subaru's shit was good. The White Whale was good. Petergoose was really fucking good.
And the fourth arc will start good with いただきます and will continue being good with witches and all manner of other assorted fuckery.
Re:Zero is good. It has tangible and well-presented themes. It has interesting, fun characters. It defies the potential banality of the isekai genre without succumbing to a complete deconstruction. It has an actual conflict with a main character who has to struggle to succeed. Re:Zero was good from the get-go.

And if you don't like it, that's fine. Its content simply didn't appeal to you, clearly.

>A series absolutely does not withstand going through it for three fucking arcs before the excitement really starts.
>What is Hunter x Hunter

That's different. The manga/comic medium is somewhat different from the novel and anime medium. But I can't actually comment on Hunter x Hunter in particular because I've never cared enough to look into it. Hisoka and Meruem seem pretty cool just from a passing glance of the series on Cred Forums, though.

Best isekai out there, and I say that as an avid fan of Overlord. I hope someone translates the next volumes of the LN, just like we still have Overlord translations.

It's done.

Are there any other isekai fantasy stories on the same level of overall quality as Re:Zero, Overlord, and Shieldbro that don't just spiral into complete trash like Mushoku Tensei?

Oh god, it's even worse than I thought it would be.

Overlord is one of the worst anime I've managed to watch all the way through, I didn't realize people liked it.

I can't speak to the source material, but in terms of the anime I prefer Re:Zero by a large margin over Log Horizon.

Log Horizon's character writing is much weaker, it's more juvenile, its conflicts are less complex.

HxH is quality all the way through, it just doesn't peak till later in the series. That isn't the same has requiring viewers to suffer through bad arcs.

Though I also don't think Re:Zero had bad arcs, so vOv.

Yeah, in that regard the same can be said of Re:Zero (if you like the series).

After watching Re:Zero I feel like there's no anime that can ever compete. Its pure kino

>Re.Zero.EP25.Thats.All.This.Story.Is.About.1080p.WebRip.x264.mkv

>occasionally weekly Threads
more like daily generals

Whats a good show on crunchyroll to fill the void?

Like, something similar to this? A "protagonist gets sent to an alternate world" show?

yaoi hands

I expected this show to be a weaker higurashi when they cry and it was. Still enjoyed some of it tho

Killing yourself

Basically this

This.

> In arc 4
> Come across this quote
> Roswaal : I don't care. You got infinite times of tries
Eh?

kek'd at this
couldnt be more truthful

He doesn't know HOW he can retry though.

It's like the author is quoting from people.

>there will never be Rezero: Season 2 and Overlord Season 2
Why even live?

When is the next time travelling anime coming out?

Does Steins;Gate 0 count?

Not... really. But I guess it will work in the meantime.

The VN was better than the anime though, wonder how 0 will stand.

Both are shit. Overlord, more like overrated

> "This anime is overrated because I didn't like it! "
I love this Cred Forums meme. I wish it would spread out to other boards.

Unrated post.

IM triggered now. Heres (you).

More like
>LN in Japanese
>Japanese readers know exactly how every scene goes, and judge it based on how well it's adapted from the source.
>Satisfied since it's objectively done well.
vs
>EoP secondaries read sketchy summary that had no proofreading on a wiki/pastebin and come up with some fantastical scenarios and headcanon that is probably completely different from the LN from the start.
>complain because adaptation didn't play out exactly how they though it would in their head-theaters.

He knows that Subaru can retry but not the trigger. And has Elsa try to torture it out of him.

Large parts of Arc 4 are dedicated to shitting on the edgelords who think Subaru should just kill himself over every little thing.

>25 episodes
>explains nothing about the witch or why Subaru is even there
ends with "THATS ALL FOLKS"

Seriously fuck this show, it had so much potential.

>Anime is animated, storyboarded and voiced much better in my head
It keeps happening.
Why is reality so shit?

> Time resets have no consequences! >Thus, no tension!
pastebin.com/3srCpNgB
I wonder sometimes what kind of story this is.

Log Horizon went downhill after the first 10 episodes. After that, there wasn't any actual suspense to it and the rest of the episodes were merely world-building.

>Any person not connected to the witch will go insane by looking in that book.
One non-cultist/non-subaru held it, and two of them had a glance at the pages. Both were fine.

"All you have to do is eat this bowl of eggs."

Overlord has no conflict in the plot apart from the Shalltear thing. Everything is an Ainz is stronger than it thing. The plot is about pure powerlevels.

Tbh I didn't enjoy it that much, this season had better stuff imo.

Praise Jesus

There's quite a few misconceptions in this series. Half of them are actually coming from the viewer's misconception.

The world building starts after this, this was basically a prologue.

my problem is that the episodes have too much color banding.

You are taking the chapter's name as literal. It was meant to end in despair, but you better buy the bluray for that.

Season 2 by KyoAni

>worse than log horizon
ehhhhh
>better than overlord.
yeak ok I agree to that

>No "who's Rem"?
>Happy faggot end

It's shit. It was like a spectacular 99-yard kickoff return but they fumbled it on the one yard line and lost the game.

?you'd think he'd be a bit more considerate.

He's not. He's being selfish throughout the whole show and they make that clear

Echidna's wall of text has nothing to do with resets having consequences or not, only that she's a psycho bitch who wants to see Subaru suffer and die in various ways for science.

The stuff about resets comes earlier, with the Second Trial showing the outcomes of failed loops and the Witches speculating on the existence of parallel realities.

Congratulations, you have a primary-school-level understanding of literature. Overlord isn't about fights or powerlevels, it's about a paranoid salaryman bullshitting everybody and hoping they don't realize he's just a paranoid salaryman.

Because she's unstable with extremely poor self esteem.
Subaru knows better than to stick his dick in crazy.

Re:Zero was easily better than most isekai series in general since they are goddamn generic. That being said, I would say that it goes:

.Hack//SIGN > Re:Zero > everything else

Bee Train just made a really beautiful series that just can't compare to what we get today. Such a fucking shame that the studio is dead.

How exactly did Subaru kill Beetlejuice at the end there? Was there a significance to writing in the book?

This one is better.

>Let's eat
>Who's Rem

do I want to know what these are referencing? I've been avoiding spoilers and LNfags this whole time

Overlord wasn't generic at all. Overlord, like Re:Zero are both going against the flow of "protagonist wants to go back to their world" flow, both just embraced the fact they weren't living in a shithole anymore.

I remember listening to the ost from .hack sign all the time as a kid.
dailymotion.com/video/x2pmrwh

overlord is the the press x to win of anime.

So, what did Otto get in the end?

no overlord is a pretty through and through power fantasy, to say its going against the grain is a delusion.

woud say ReZero is the most overly doramatic emo edgy isekai anime ever aired.

I'm sure most anons agree, Outbreak Company is an underrated masterpiece.

Join the Emilia camp.
Become best bros with Subaru.

>both just embraced the fact they weren't living in a shithole anymore.

Oh boy, you don't know how much shithole Lugnica's world is yet right ?

He lost everything at the end though.

Sounds like a sweet deal for driving down a cliff

Every anime is power fantasy. Even Evangelion, the best anime ever made.

how is watamote a power fantasy?

touché

to LN fags

Was the anime version a good adaptation?
Did the anime deviated or omitted something along the way?

>satella
>elsa's return
>dat blonde furry shown in one of rem/ram flashbacks
>beako's dealio
>royal selection
>other sin archbishops
>puck's final form
>blank letter
>emilia as witch's vessel
What are some other unresolved plots that were shown in the anime series?

r:z > agk but kek it's white fox, fucking kek

Jesus please no

Yes. It was badly adapted with quite a few bits of contexts badly put or removed.

So what's this "Who's Rem" people are talking about. Didn't that already happen?

Magical girl raising project aka Madoka 2.0, and cute girls doing cute things to protect their cute country from ugly Nazis

Someone spoil me on why Rem vanished again/What's up with Crusch?

What are you talking about?

Another Sin Archbishop shows up and bitchslaps her into an existential coma.

Toyota can't even fix it because it happened after he cleared a checkpoint.

It was interesting but fucked up in multiple parts, execution was pretty terrible when it mattered the most. Ending was pretty meh.
It's worse than Log Horizon but a little better than your average anime of this type.

Jesus plese yes

Okay fair enough.

Now what's this about "Lets eat" and something about a situation with Crusch?

kek'd

Post yfw ur brain starts to tremble

>>dat blonde furry shown in one of rem/ram flashbacks
that's just another maid from the mansion, she quit the job a while back iirc

Rather than that, my Joy and Gratification are trembling

Worse than Aura Battler Dunbine, but better than Garzey's Wing.

Betelgeuse was a tragic hero.

Shit taste and you type like an aspie, keep trying user. Together we can overcome your disabilities :')

lmao truuuuuu

We have a soundtrack out yet? I've been trying to find a MEGA for it but no luck.