Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qx9FfZOcb_E
youtube.com/watch?v=y__rcwISltY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No this is the best Subaru

This is an Umaru.

This is the superior Subaru.

But this is the superior Pleiadeian.

But how can she be the superior Pleiadeian if this is the superior pleiadeian?

I just watched the first 3 episodes of this anime. Does it get better? and what did you like about it?

Not him, but I loved all the /sci/ spess shit going on and it has a really great climax in my opinion.

It was an adorably sweet show about growing up and being willing to take a path in your life. Subaru was truly subarashi.
Apparently, it was rather boring for many who watched the show as it aired weekly. I binge-watched it, so I had no problem with the pace.

It was a very nice magical girls-show.

If Pleiades doesn't hook you by the first episode, then you probably won't enjoy the rest much. That's just my opinion. It had me once I heard the OP. I loved the soundtrack, crazy shit is going on and the mystery of it all is slowly revealed while magical girls are flying around in space on vroomsticks and the romance is really sweet, too.

You're both confused, this is the superior Pleiadeian.

No airbags, no sell.

dat rear bumper tho

this fucking artrstyle give makes my dick reach the heavens

Thanks a lot.
To be honest I began watching it for the OP. So far I'm not disappointed and I'm enjoying the ride. See you all in a few hours if the thread still exists

The nigga's got his shit on fucking museum exhibits.

Nope!

youtube.com/watch?v=qx9FfZOcb_E

>that crappy modern car starting and revving sound
>when they could've just used any of the infinite subaru rally car sounds

youtube.com/watch?v=y__rcwISltY

A spectacular car.

Best Subaru coming through.

This user knows what's up.
For me it was AOTY 2015, classic cute Mahou Shoujo, with a really interesting plot (though it could get a bit confusing near the end) and the addition of real world science and astronomy made it even better. All the characters were really cute and fun to watch, the ending was bitter-sweet but really satisfying.

I watched it as it aired and loved it all the way through, and personally I don't see how it could be boring at all. Each episode pretty much upped the previous in craziness. I'd actually been interested in it since the original ONA, and it was nice how the first half the series expanded upon the ONA, and the second half gave it a proper sequel.

But yeah, as fan of mahou shoujo stuff, I really loved it, and it was definitely my AOTS.

There can be no other.

>All the characters were really cute and fun to watch
This, even the background characters

Does anyone have that image that shows which models of Subaru vehicles each of the girls was supposed to represent?

It was a steady downward spiral until the end of episode 5. Very nearly dropped it at episode 4, or whatever the swimsuit episode is, but Im very glad I didn't. It really picks up from there and you can tell the writers had a lot of passion for space and science. Subaru is a great lead as well.

end of episode 4*

No, this is.

Better butler too.

My Suabru is GaoGaiGar, yours are irrelevant

>downward spiral until the end of episode 4
But episode 4 was the first great episode, what's wrong with you?

oh they are literally based off of subarus
I just assumed everyone was calling it a car advert because of the name of the MC

That's not exactly true, I didn't really like it at first, but as you learn more about the characters it really grew on me.

How slow are you

Yup, it's a car ad. I wonder who came up with the idea of making it a space mahou shoujo.

I noticed that their wands got car grills when they got their upgrade
I just never noticed that they were all subaru grills

She was so great, I want a s2 just for hher

Every thread until someone delivers. Can someone clean the shitty artifacting pls?

I assume they saw the star logo and decided for space. then didn't want to do a a mecha because the last thing they would want is for people to compare it to certain other gainax mecha series
and then magical girl was the only other way they could have space hijinks

What about cute girls traveling in a space ship to the pleiades cluster? Make it like 2001.

Used the waifu2x de-noise option a few times and it looks a bit better, maybe just do it like 3-4 more times and it will be good.

maybe they weren't sure what would've done with the series if it was like that
could you imagine an even slower 2001

Nah, the plot was a mess, the fan service was over the top and unnecessary and the pacing was pretty off too. The final scene more than makes up for it though.

>the fan service was over the top and unnecessary
Episode 3 was the fan service episode, episode 4 is Hikaru's episode when they go to the moon.

>bloomers

Was this or Luluco the greatest love story ever told?

/thread

She is definitely the best Subaru

That was the first episode I thought was technically good and interesting but I was disappointed by. Her parents believing her was nice, but I wished they followed that up with a scene asking about how it was or something. Its just too ridiculous to just skip over that part.

I'm a huge yurifag but Subaru's and Minato's romance made me feel po-warm as fuck

Then again I'm not 100% sure if Minato is a boy

Minato is a boy.

Just a really really cute boy.

Are you 100% sure on it?

101% sure.

Boys can be cute too.

Still not convinced

You're posting two cute boys now. You should accept your love of traps.

I just assumed that they didn't want bring it up, unless she did it herself. Sort of like how Sakura's brother knew that she used magic, but he didn't talk about it with her since she was clearly trying to hide it.

What did she mean by this?

>still using the low-quality TV image
Why would you do that?

Finally found her. This is the best reverse trap in anime/manga.

POWARM

I think you got the wrong guy.

>I wonder who came up with the idea of making it a space mahou shoujo.
Subaru is the Japanese name for the Pleiadesian star cluster, and the Subaru logo is that constellation.

Basically Gainax and Subaru are both space nuts.

This car commercial was way better than it had any right to be

The threads were fun too.

Threads were po-warm as fuck

This looks like one of those Lisa Frank folders your mom bought your sister at Wal-Mart for her first day of third grade

>the fan service was over the top
I only remember one episode with fan service, and a few of the eye catches. Unless I'm forgetting a ton I don't remember that much fan service.

I think it's art from the BDs.

They were great indeed.

I was just wondering if someone from Subaru showed up at the tomato farm and said to them "make us a space mahou shoujo show" or if they just threw a bag of money at them and said "make us something vaguely car related" and gave them full creative control.
I am still amazed that that silly little ONA became such a great show.

Also could anyone post the endcards? Since post-TV broadcast Pleiades threads are always 30% discussion and 70% art dumping.

Got a few more for the other characters.

I bet it was more like "you like space, we like space, let's make a space show!"
>Since post-TV broadcast Pleiades threads are always 30% discussion and 70% art dumping.
Because the art the great.

At least she isn't a beta.

>cute middleschool girl is more alpha than 95% of male protags

And she teaches her husbando all about /sci/

Why was the ending so perfect

Welcome to mahou shoujo

Except most modern mahou shoujo MCs are denser than a black hole when it comes to romance

It's probably because modern mahou shoujo is all yuribait

I hope at least one of the mahou shoujo shows next season will be even nearly as good as Pleiades was.

Subaru a cute

I still can't decide whether Hikaru or Nonoka were best girls ,both were so perfect.

Keikaku is trash.
Izetta will be tryhard.
Flip Flappers will be good but not comfy.
Matoi feels cheesy.

Cheesy in a Precure way or cheesy in a Symphogear way?

It feels like they are playing Biz Markie's just a friend on repeat.

But I don't even count the yuri stuff as true mahou shoujo anyway.

But modern mahou shoujo is great and YuYuYu is a great show

And for what its worth not-Homura over there is canonically gay for dense MC girl

Precure and Symphogear are good cheese.

Matoi feels more like forgotten whimsical mahou shoujo like Corrector Yui or Kamichama Karin. Which I will admit, is my thing, but I know its also trashy.

Half of the cast is gay for Yuuna. I didn't start watching Mahou Shoujo to have to deal with the same tropes that plagues harem.

>Keikaku is trash
Honestly I momentarily forgot about this one, I think it could be fun for the ride, but no way it'll be an actually good show.

I think Izetta could be good though, although it's pretty different from your typical mahou shoujo. Flip Flappers just looks really fun and I hope the threads will be comfy. I think Matoi looks pretty fun too, and we really haven't seen too much of it to judge how cheesy it could be.

>Matoi feels more like forgotten whimsical mahou shoujo like Corrector Yui or Kamichama Karin.
That actually sounds pretty fun.

Only Tougou and Karin in the anime timeframe, and Karin is basically a no-hoper tsundere crush that gets shipped with every other girl and is also the best girl

Shipperfaggotry is only a side element in modern mahou shoujo while in haremshit it's the only thing there is.

Plus, there's at most one or two girls in love with MC, and normally there's one pretty obvious OTP. I'm not personally a fan of it, but it's way better than harem shit.

>recenty was "discovered" the 9th planet
hope they named apate

>Flip Flappers just looks really fun and I hope the threads will be comfy
It does look fun, but it might be one of the more popular shows this season, because of animation, so thread's might not be that comfy.

Izetta is an alright concept, but the staff working on it and the studio don't look very promising, I will still check it out though.

FF doesn't have any particularly infamous staff working on it or anything, so hopefully that'll keep the threads from getting too big, but yeah I suppose the sakuga could attract unwanted attention, but let us pray for the best.

In Izetta's case, while the staff didn't look great, I didn't think they look better, so I still have hope. Shows with mediocre looking staff have surprised me before. I'm also glad it's not A-1, which I was convinced it would be before the studio was actually revealed.

Didn't help that A-1 draws most of its shit like BunBun does.

This Subaru looks cute. What is her anime?

Houkago Tea Time

That's why I was convinced it would be them. Although YuYuYu also has BunBun as a character designer and looks nothing like A-1's shows, but Izetta looks a lot like their style.

Yuyuyu changed the style a lot though, Izeta was closer to the bunbun conceptual stuff, even so, the princess and Nogi Sonoko looks very similar.

Well Sonoko is pretty much mahou shoujo Mugi with longer hair

She's even drawn with caterpillar eyebrows in the various 4koma

That's not anime.

Space Ship Vroom-sticks.

We should do a livestream. I want to feel all nice a po-warm again like when it first aired.

Like the yearly sora no woto streams? I'd get behind that.

On one hand I want FF to fly a bit under the radar, on the other hand I really want Kiyotaka Oshiyama and Takashi Kojima to get a bit more attention, since I really liked their work on Space Dandy and Shin Sekai Yori respectively.

I also really like the idea, we should do it when all the BD's come out.

The fun part about YuYuYu is seeing how much fun the staff have with the merchandise

I'm hoping FF flies under the radar here, but gets recognition in Japan. Granted most the time when an original starts picking up speed with the nips, people bandwagon on it here too.

Mahou Shoujo isn't very popular in America besides Sailor Moon and Madoka

By here, I meant Cred Forums. I could care less what the rest of the english speaking community thinks.

Post more Subaru.