Re:zero ending

Which ending was worst re:zero or madoka magica?

Conversely which was the better show overall?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NO0axLv6C50
youtube.com/watch?v=9OPaBif_HzY.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Madoka magica has a bad ending

what.

I think both endings were good, honestly I hate huge cliffhangers when the next season is no where to be seen (if it ever comes) this ending gave it a proper ending you can be content with. (Unless you're a spoilerfag)

I didn't like it

both endings were good.

They couldn't go farther on the plot in that last episode because if they did that it would end in the cliffhanger of the century, trust me.

Kind of, there were a few questions unanswered that seem unsatisfying if you take their show-answers at face value.

>What was the deal with the letter?
Witch Cult must've done it
>Why doesn't Ram ask about her sister?
No time for meido scenes
>Why did they just put Rem on a bus like that and never bring her up again?
Emilia #1, That's just what the story is about.

The only one of those things that's a minor issue is the letter, the other two aren't. Originally an anime only-fag I wanted more Rem+Ram the whole time he was just with Rem and with Ram out of the picture for so long as well as Felt just completely leaving the show after the start an arc without Rem feels "normal" for this show.

I just finished Madoka Magica for the first time. The stories laws were inconsistent and the ending was unsatisfying but I enjoyed it overall. I am upset because it was misrepresented to me. People keep saying that the wishes are like the Monkey Paw where you wish for something but it's granted in a way you don't expect. That's not what it's like at all. People also said that Kyubei is evil and probably one of the most evil characters in anime, but he isn't evil at all and is in fact a good guy.

I haven't seen Re:Zero.

>ut he isn't evil at all and is in fact a good guy.

This. But the rebellion ending was the cliffhanger of the century

How is he evil?

Re:Zero didn't have any homo moments between Subaru and Reinhard or Julius, so Madoka>Re:Zero.

take your yuri goggles off and put your yaoi goggle on.

How is he a good guy?

If evil is defined by 'negative for humanity' he was definitely evil, he could accomplish his goals using alternative methods but chose not to because they were considerably less efficient, of course 'good' and 'evil' are human concepts which he doesn't comprehend because he is an emotionless being but from our perspective he would be neutral evil or possibly lawful evil.

you would have to be braindead to think this show has a comparable narrative to PMMM

Until this thread, the reddit:zero post spam was just stupid because the series won't be relevant in less than a month. Then this fucking moron OP comes along and makes this thread. How fucking retarded do you have to be to compare these two. There's no way he actually watched these shows. He either reads their Wikipedia synopses or puts it on in the background while he slams his head in a cabinet. Anyone who thinks re:zero is genre defining, monumental, or even remotely thoughtful, is a fucking child.

If this is bait, 9/10 I'm fucking riled, if it's not, kill yourself OP

Guys? Hellloooooo?

They didn't explain what happens to the witch, and why Subaru was brought there in the first place? What the fuck hellloooo?

And why did she tell him her name was Satella the first time they met? Hellppppp

OP is obviously baiting with him choosing two popular shows and saying their endings are bad, I can't believe you're so mad about it.

His actions were supposed to save several civilizations on the cost of fucking up some teenage girls' lifes. Duh.

wow its like its an adaptation of an unfinished source material

>Hellloooooo
In better times Cred Forums would have told you to back to gaia

He just can't comprehend why we would object to his deeds.

He was extending the lifespan of the universe. He wasn't negative towards humanity and in fact helped it develop.

People think he's evil because the girls he contracts to become magical aren't entirely informed about the consequences of their actions. That's their own fault, not his, he is very upfront and honest with the information he gives you just have to ask which the girls generally don't do.

The methods of his race might seem cruel, but only in the immediate since. In the greater scheme what they're doing saves the lives of countless trillions at the cost of less than a percent of a percent of those lives. Lives that are given voluntarily.

The reason people compare wishes in Madoka to the the monkey paw is more down to the tone of the series. With a traditional cursed wish from the monkey paw you get your wish but the spirit of the wish is twisted to the worst possible result. In Madoka Magica the wish is granted straight but the shallow nature of the wish ends up causing more despair for most girls. The result is the same but I agree it's not exactly a monkey paw, the easiest comparison is Faust.

Kyubei again isn't exactly the devil, but the result is somewhat the same. Kyubei misleads the girls into a contract that will ultimately doom them. He has a good reason but he's clearly manipulating them towards his own ends.

Anyone else hear Megumin saying "nice bakuretsu" when they saw the boom in re:zero?

yeah Faustian tragedy would be the best way to describe madoka magica.

>In Madoka Magica the wish is granted straight but the shallow nature of the wish ends up causing more despair for most girls.

Faust is a good comparison but you misunderstand. In Faust and Madoka there is a price for your wish, in Madoka they call it a karmic balance, which also falls in line with the shows theme of entropy.

This was another peev of mine, the prices the girls pay tend to be very out of balance for the wish they wanted. Sayaka wanted her friend to be healed and the cost was her life. Kyoko wanted her fathers ideas to be heard and he goes insane and kills his family. The only one that was balanced was Homura's wish, in that she was doomed to keep repeating the timeline because she can't change destiny. That's very Faustian. We don't know what Mami wished for, and Madoka was so powerful that what she wished for didn't matter because she was so powerful she could bend reality to her will.

Back to gaia, shitter.

>We don't know what Mami wished for

I take that back. She was in a car accident and we're left to assume she wished for herself to be healed. There doesn't seem to have been any cost for that though.

I think in the psp games its revealed that he wish was specifically that she didn't want to die alone.

But she was with her parents, she wasn't dying alone.

Madoka's ending wasn't bad, unless you're talking about Rebellion.

>Shit:Zero is being compared to madoka magica
What.

Madoka was good.
RZ ending was utter shit.

Talking about what?

RZ was good
Madoka was good too.

Re:Zero more like REEEEE:Zero.

Fuck Subaru for ditching the best girl.

>Madoka being compared to other maho shojo.

Rebellion, the third Madoka Magica movie.

I don't know what you're talking about. PMMM only has two movies and ended with Madoka becoming God.

There's no Rebellion.

Re: Zero's ending was great, and I don't even care about Emilia that much.

I've been waiting for someone to point out the oddity of these completely different shows being compared.

it's dead and gone now, what we see is a mixture of reddit and gaia all blended in a nice hot stew of shit

youtube.com/watch?v=NO0axLv6C50

Madoka had the better ending and was a better show overall.

Re:zero had more amazing high points but long stretches of low meh in between, and a dime-a-dozen feelgood ending that felt extremely forced (because it literally was, "who is Rem" was supposed to be the end-point of that story arc).

but re:zero was shit user

>remembers how white fox fucked agk ending

commits seppuku

The show should've ended on a cliffhanger. It's not like there aren't a shit ton of unanswered questions anyways. At least by ending on a cliffhanger there's dramatic tension.

It's clear they wanted to give the show a resolution though, despite the fact that it hasn't reached it's true conclusion, like what happened with the Hunter x Hunter anime.

Does the movie count as Madoka's ending? Because I rather like how Homu's selfishness subverted the show, just like the show's ending and Madoka's benevolent selflessness subverted the themes of the show, just like Homu's selflessness subverted everything that happened everything up until that point in the show, just like Kyoko's selfishness subverted Sayaka's existential selflessness, just like Sayaka subverted Mami's tragic selflessness, just like how Mami subverted the genre's heroic selflessness.

I just finished watching it now. The ending was fine, for an anime anyways.

Homurakuma did nonething wrong.

EMT won the animebowl, stop crying remfags.

Rem's too good for Subaru anyway.

So the whole thing about Subaru and a spoon vs Betelgeuse was just another meme, right?

So why did they spend all of their budget making this one attack look amazing only for the other 22 episodes of the show to have sub-par animation in comparison? Was it to hook me? Cause it did, and I got played like a damn fiddle for watching the rest of this dreck.

That single 5 second attack looks great though holy shit.

well considering that PMMM is one of the worst pieces of trash I've ever wasted my time on watching (even barring the shitty ending), and this was actually enjoyable, this wins out.

> In Faust and Madoka there is a price for your wish, in Madoka they call it a karmic balance, which also falls in line with the shows theme of entropy.
It's destabilizing to the natural order of things, which is why it results in anti-entropy. They grant the wish in order to make things spiral out of control.

>Sayaka wanted her friend to be healed and the cost was her life.
Every mahou shoujo ends up as a witch. Even if that wasn't the case, everyone ends up dying eventually. The only things lost are years of living. Sayaka knew she was giving up a part of her life being a mahou shoujo because of the time it would require. What it cost her was extreme misery because of her pride.

>Kyoko wanted her fathers ideas to be heard and he goes insane and kills his family.
It was implied he was already insane and a heretical proto-cult leader before gaining cult-hypnotism. There's a reason people didn't listen to him without magic hypnotism. And that's why the wish was granted, to destabilize the natural order.

>The only one that was balanced was Homura's wish, in that she was doomed to keep repeating the timeline because she can't change destiny.
Time travel is always imbalanced, and Homura's second wish completely changed destiny.

There's no direct cost formula. It's not a trade of this for that. Magical girls defy entropy, you get more than what you put in. The cost is a result of things going out of control. The wish is a catalyst, it causes a chemical chain reaction, it is like a spark to ignite fuel, it burns, then it's a given that it explodes, and incubators rely on things spiraling out of control to defy entropy.

>evil
Nice slave morality you got there.

I'm not the one saying he's evil.

>Homura's second wish completely changed destiny.

She had a second wish?

>She had a second wish?
Rebellion

This.
Why was Re:Zero so hyped? I was bored most of the time, and just waiting for stuff to happen.
Although I bet whatever is to come in Re:Zero will be better than what the anime covered thus far at least
But nonetheless Madoka>>>>>>>Re:Zero

The spoon was when Subaru was mad at Crusch for not helping him in the first rewind when he met Betelgeuse. He stood up and walked towards her only to be stopped by Wilhelm. In the anime he didn't have the spoon, in the manga/LN art he did.

>Rebellion
I just finished watching that, I don't remember a second wish.

It won't be resolved even if there is a season 2 so they should just drop the bomb here for maximum character development.

I don't even. Are you dense or something?

That's not helping.

>20 mins in and no despair
>24 mins in and hope maybe they slip it in in last 3 mins
>they don't

I feel cheated.

You know the part where she takes Madoka prisoner and becomes the fucking devil, the climax? And then QB says human emotion is too dangerous. It's made pretty clear there, and throughout the movie, QB does not understand how human emotion defies entropy which is why they study it. There's no trade or equivalence implied. QB simply knows that if it grants a wish and throws things out of whack, girls tend to become witches, and this transformation defies entropy.

The show doesn't really understand the concept of thematic pay off. Betelgeuse losing for no other reason than deus ex machina is poor writing and an anti climax is ever there was one. He deserved to win in literally every single way. His only mistake was being against a character with plot armour.

Betelgeuse won a couple of times. He also whined about plot armor and how it was unfair

When the end-credits music kicked in I gave up completely on anything happening.

Anyway, even if you were completely oblivious to the awaiting-cliffhanger (i.e. never use the internet), how can anyone be possibly satisfied with that ending?

>how can anyone be possibly satisfied with that ending?
because the anime writers probably don't expect people to spoil themselves

How come Subaru has all these mental breakdowns, slowly loses hope, and almost completely goes insane only to make complete 180s after talking to a girl?

How come the only time Subaru questions why he was transported into the world was on his first life, then he just wants to fuck Emilia for the rest of the series?

Why does Subaru randomly falling for Emilia at first glance just become the basis for all his feelings for her? How come it's never addressed that it's just this one-sided bullshit up until he spergs?

Why does Rem's pussy become drenched when looking at Subaru after he helps her out with one issue? Why did it turn into a romance at the drop of a hat?

How come Emilia saying that Subaru was a good person after he fell asleep on her lap enough to convince someone who distrusted him so much that she was willing to kill him in past loops that he could be trusted? If that's all it took, why didn't Subaru saving Emilia in the loot-house not have the same effect?

Why do all of the romantic relationships feel extremely one-sided or have to involve one member of the relationship being tragically removed from the story to force sympathy?

Subaru's confession to Emilia was a carbon copy of the time he saved Rem. Both girls end up crying, both girls end up having Subaru touch them on their left cheek, both girls end up smiling at the end, both girls end up falling for Subaru.

Why was the extent of suggesting that Roswaal had ulterior motives for involving himself with the royal selection just him going, "I am kill dragon." and making a rape face when Subaru appeared in Arc 3? What was the point in even bringing up that he had these motives if the anime was just going to abandon it?

But they killed him multiple times in previous loops.

Puck kills him, Wilheim kills him, the Jew cats kill him and his fingers. Killing him was never the real problem.

>You know the part where she takes Madoka prisoner and becomes the fucking devil, the climax

There was no wishing involved there.

Can I ask - What was the problem with the ending? Yes, it was bland, but you can't end on Rem getting fucked-up with no Season 2 confirmed. Better to end on a high note, if you get me.

Also, the show's a lot more boring now Subaru has his shit in order. Having to rely on other people for, well, everything does not a compelling character make.

Are you retarded? Being granted by QB is not part of the definition of wish.

cont.
If the anime was just supposed to be about prologue of the series, why didn't they try not to leave us with so many unanswered questions?

What's the point in ending on the confession scene? If the story is supposed to be the beginning of an even bigger story, why go through with something like this instead of teasing the audience of a bigger story we've yet to see?

Why did Crusch and Rem just get side stepped completely? It's implied that something happened due to the note, but no one bothers to question this outside of, "That's not what we meant lol." Then, you just never hear from them ever again.

Why does the story choose to be told in such a way where Subaru is just being shoved into situations by pure circumstance alone instead of him actually pursuing any goals? Why do we have to wait until an S2 before he actually does something on his own instead of being forced into a problem he has to solve by sheer coincidence?

How come Subaru's relationships with other characters are always one of the three: allies, enemies, love interests? Why can't he have friends? Why can't he have someone to talk to? Why can't we have a conversation in the series that shows off the character's personalities instead of every single encounter being one before an immediate fight or one that's so fucking important that lives are on the line? Is the author just afraid to write dialogue?

They killed him but he ended up winning in all those instances.

>Are you retarded? Being granted by QB is not part of the definition of wish.

There was no wishing involved.

Yes, there was. I think you should look up the definition of wish.

Madoka isn't even close to being as good as re:zero

10/10 jodan

This. Her subjugation of Madoka and the others wasn't the act of a contract wish, as per Madoka's godhood and Sayaka healing shitty violin boy.

It was purely her flexing her newfound power as something more than a witch. Kyubey is responsible for this, not because a wish was made, but by creating a situation where Homura couldn't completely transition from magi to witch.

It's pretty clear you don't actually know what the fuck was going on and are just trying to play semantics to shift the goalposts. Stop posting and accept that it wasn't a "Wish" that was "granted," it was Homura just fucking taking what she wanted.

>It's pretty clear you don't actually know what the fuck was going on and are just trying to play semantics to shift the goalposts. Stop posting and accept that it wasn't a "Wish" that was "granted," it was Homura just fucking taking what she wanted.
I never said Homura had a wish "granted" by any other entity. You're strawmanning now.

Granting isn't the component here, it's wishing, which didn't happen in rebellion as per the rules set down by the series.

Homura didn't "Wish" for anything. She wanted something, and when the opportunity was there, she took it.

Regardless, please continue to call everyone dense and try desperately to imply that nobody but you understands what you actually meant the first time you said Homura had a "Second Wish." Everyone knows exactly what you meant and you were wrong. That's the end of the discussion.

>rules
There's only rules on how QB grants wishes.

>Homura didn't "Wish" for anything.
And you're accusing me of semantics?

>nobody but you understands what you actually meant the first time you said Homura had a "Second Wish." Everyone knows exactly what you meant
So did no body understand it or did everyone understand it?

If you really want to argue the semantics of wishes, then she had a wish that was "granted" by releasing the power stored in her soul gem, which happened to have an effect that mirrors what happened when Madoka made her wish. You claim "granting" isn't the component, but if it isn't then by that logic self-actualization of a wish is possible. Achieving godhood and rewriting the universe has only been precedented by a wish. Adding a new principle to the universe is directly related phenomenon to what QB does as wish granting.

>He wasn't negative towards humanity and in fact helped it develop
Did you miss the part where he was encouraging Madoka to contract with him and become a witch powerful enough to destroy the world? You see her annihilating humanity and Kyubei says "Well, this is your problem now, I'm outta here"

He was shown to be completely self serving throughout the entire series, I don't know why you'd take him at face value when he says he just wants to save the universe when almost everything else he says is intended to manipulate people into doing what he wants.

>re: zero ending
>bad

Kyubey never lies, he never once lied in the entire series.

>Madoka to contract with him and become a witch powerful enough to destroy the world?

Because of the energy she had. She probably had more energy stored than the entirety of humanity would ever produce in its entire existence.

Does that mean Homura repeated timelines for longer than humanity would exist?

I thought Rem died and Subaru repeatedly killed himself?

Fuck off trolls

>Kyubey never lies, he never once lied in the entire series
I'll take "What is a lie of omission" for 400, Alex. A lie of omission is just a lie, Kyubey deliberately witholds important details to mislead and manipulate people. See the whole "Is it possible to bring Sayaka back? I dunno, it's never been done before..." and then "Oh yeah that's flat out impossible to do, sorry."

The legalese bullshit about him never telling a falsehood is meaningless. Just because he never outright says something that is false doesn't mean he's off the hook.

>Does that mean Homura repeated timelines for longer than humanity would exist?

The power multiplied exponentially. We don't know how many times she repeated it, but it didn't have to be much.

>See the whole "Is it possible to bring Sayaka back? I dunno, it's never been done before..." and then "Oh yeah that's flat out impossible to do, sorry."

He said it might be possible for Sayaka to be brought back in general, then later he said she should have known it would be impossible for her specifically to bring her back. He was honest.

He wasn't upfront with information but I don't think he lied by omission. It's subjective so we could go back and forth on this but that's how he felt, and he doesn't have the same values as humans.

So this is like a katana being folded a 1000 times not actually being folded a thousand times.

Also, they're a hivemind. So they don't lie to themselves. They probably don't even really communicate with themselves.

Anyone else find it completely strange how nobody EVER asks Subaru about the mysterious land he comes from?

Why did they even get Julius to fight Beetlejuice with that over-elaborate chase scene when having old dude stab him in the back worked just fine?

Literally the first episode

And then NEVER mentioned again

No one asks him about his strange clothes or the strange zipper thing on his jacket.

He's just wandering around with not a single person wondering about his costume.

>Literally the first episode
One single character, in one single episode, asking Subaru where he's from, and being told 'a faraway land' is nowhere close to a real answer

Episodes 3, 10, 11, 20, and 25 all had great animation in it.
I actually uploaded a video of all the sakuga in the series, if anyone is interested

youtube.com/watch?v=9OPaBif_HzY.

>nobody EVER

Right, nobody EVER asks him about the land he's from. All one person asks, once, is WHERE he comes from. She doesn't ask anything ABOUT Japan, the ideals of the people who live in the world, the society he lives in or the kind of technology he has

why are you comparing the two?
they have nothing in common.

also why doesn't he just say he's from another world?

The ending wasn't like what Cred Forums told me, but as a Remfag I am still triggered.

Reminder to disregard everything that came after episode 15 and except this as the true Re:zero ending

Madoka is suffering done right, while re:zero does it kind of ok in the beggning and the decides
fuck that noise lets pander.

Episode 15 was decent but the show is mostly a yawn fest. Reminds me of another Anime that is overrated like Casshern Sins.

>witches and sin, witch stink miasma being similar to curses and the build-up of negativity
>character time looping through despair to save their loved one while everyone remains ignorant to their repeated efforts
>major focus on being powerless and suffering
>hard working blue hair girl getting NTR'd and erased

I could draw a couple parallels between the two.

I was promised Remfag suffering end. What happened?

White Fox chickened out.

I actually really wanted to see that shit.