Kumamiko: *1,809

You will never get season 2 of kumamiko.

How does this fact make you feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fz3PWptpmLg
google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/13/warning-four-killed-bear-attacks-akita-japan?client=ms-android-att-us
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good, the finale was utter shit.

Good because now we know what the superior loli anime is.

Considering the anime was depressing as fuck, It's a good thing.

Kill yourself.

No one cares about Kumamiko anymore, you should neck yourself for trying to get a reaction with this thread.

Good, because the second half of the season was shit.

Relieved.

The show got worse and worse as it went on once the humor of the main gag wore off and pretty much ever change the staff made was for the worse. And the idol shit they shoved in was awful.

The only way I would want a second season is if a different studio did it.

What, so they can ruin it again?

>This
/Thread closed

Im glad, the miko bullying thing was getting old.

Holy shit they look so similar.

>pussy faggots can't handle the bullying
A bit disappointed but the fanbase is absolutely awful anyway so I'm glad they're off the board.

I hope her va get a new bully role.

I just want to watch again cute miko and cute bear doing cute things.

I need more Machi

Did you actually watch it? Because as a joke it gets old after like 3 episodes whether you took issue with it or not. They also botched the timing of it really badly.

This.
I can't get the reason why they are so triggered by that miko bullying.
Bullyings are alway delicious.

When I finished the last episode, I honestly thought Cred Forums was going to have a laugh about it. I never expected you people to react this negatively to it. What are you, a bunch of little girls?

MUH COMFY retards somehow flooded in Cred Forums that season, fuckers cant even realize what its about 3-4 episodes in.

Didn't get old for me. I'm the target audience for this i.e. gentlemen of fine taste who can enjoy a good jolly bullying.

I just don't like seeing people give up. Dreams are made to be chased after, even through the valleys of pain and the oceans of adversity.

Good. The terrible jokes and the product placement made me drop this garbage at episode 4.

And the screenwriters don't even deserve all the blame for it. The source material is terrible and the author is a terrible person.

Ah, well don't let me stop you then. Carry on watching them beat a dead horse.

RIP miko-san

My wife Machi is so cute.

>1,809

That's still a lot when you consider Dennou Coil sold maybe 1400 and Kaiba like 350 copies

How does her bj feel like?

>That's still a lot when you consider
No. No matter your mental gymnastics, its a shit number.

But he was neutered

It just proves how fickle otaku are, and that they can cancel pre-orders a week before for something so insignificant

Are you retarded? This show started great and exploded in popularity. Everybody loved the cute comedy with a cute miko.

But it just progressively kept getting worse and the bullying was trash. If you enjoy cute girls getting bullied you should fucking neck yourself.

Yoshio has a nice singing voice. The whole cast was really great.
youtube.com/watch?v=fz3PWptpmLg

The signs were there from the beginning. All the unnecessary sexualization, etc. You can just feel that the author probably reads, or draws rape doujins in his spare time.

Relieved. Hopefully this shit will be forgotten and buried under the sands of time.

>cute comedy with a cute miko
>Synopsis: What does a bear know about life in the big city? For Machi Amayadori's sake, hopefully a lot! The young shrine maiden has spent her whole life in the rural mountains with Natsu, her talking guardian bear. Now, at fourteen, she wants to take a chance and attend high school in the big city. Can Natsu really prepare her for city life? Or will his wacky trials be too much for even Machi to bear?
>Or will his wacky trials be too much for even Machi to bear?

>half the PV is her getting bullied
>manga has heavy focus on bullying

Your fault for not doing your research on what you were going into.
Bullying girls is a staple of anime comedy, see Chiyo in Azudai and Akarin in YRYR. In fact the bullying sub-genre has grown popular with shows like Watamote. Pity that people can't handle seeing attractive characters getting the short end of the stick for retarded reasons like muh feels.

I don't want to forget how fucking cute Machi is though. I do want to forget the last couple episodes though.

>If you enjoy cute girls getting bullied you should fucking neck yourself.

I know kumamiko was shit, but since when Cred Forums goes full sjw?

B-but muh comfyture.

The bullying in Kumamiko is fine. The thing about the ending is that she just gives up, and for whatever reason that just ruins it for me. The last episode had a "mind break" vibe to it.

In the masive threads over it in japan there were people calling it a Zeta Gundam ending.

>there were people calling it a Zeta Gundam ending
I'm not too familiar with the ending of Zeta Gundam. From what I understand that isn't a good thing.

Works as a pqssimg gag.but is completely disgustimg as the main focus. I'm actually a bit more faithful in Cred Forums now. All those years several anons claimed to want to bully innocent girls in devius ways but when Kumamiko was aired most anons reacted like real human beings and shunned the pointless and distasteful abuse depicted. It's a good reaction that shows there's still human emphathy insode you.

Those who enjoyed it i hope you are able to keep those dangerous thoughts and impulses within yourselves. Also i hope you never have children.

It's fine if it parts of it doesn't suit you but the anime is not bad overall, one of the better shows from that season I would argue even.
Again, the mindbreak could have been an expected ending given the nature of the show. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that
>his wacky trials be too much for even Machi to bear

Even then, she could recover from it quite fast given it's a comedy manga and the author must obviously continue the series since it's only got around 50 chapters if I recall.

There's a certain element of mass hysteria to the reaction that just seems weird to me. It's like they lost all reason and are actually trying to succumb to despair.

Author didn't like how mean-spirited the bullying got compared to the manga, and he hated the ending.

Even if you remove all the bullying, it was still a pretty shit adaptation. The moved a couple of chapters around which fucks up things like why Yoshio asked Hibike to take Machi shopping, the blatant shilling was annoying, and the idol crap should never have been attempted and left as a brief gag during the new miko outfit chapter.

Glad. I can't get over that fucking ending.

The whole last episode bit was a dream in the manga though. Having it actually happen and then Machi being okay with not ever going to high school in the city kinda makes it hard to continue under that premise.

The show itself wasn't bad, but it's one of those cases where it's an acceptable product with some poor decisions that ruin what could have otherwise made it better, and allowed for a continuation. As it stands right now, there's no way for them to continue adapting the manga.

As the villain is dying at the end of Zeta he lashes out with a psychic attack that pretty much destroys the MC's mind and leaves him retarded and childish.

>he hated the ending.
She hated the ending. Pretty sure she insulted the writers too.

The ending was perfect. I loved it. Only normalfags have a problem with it because they wanted her to overcome her social anxiety and go outside among people.

Let her live in peace and be happy as a miko.

>>he hated the ending.
>She hated the ending.
My bad. Yeah, I heard she chewed them out over twitter, said how the ending completely invalidates the message.

The way people took it as mindbreak is mostly due to the show executing the ending scenes horribly. The manga makes it more of Machi just being stressed and the end scene is more of just machi being dumb. In the anime they put too much focus on her actual suffering and in the final scene made her seem too innocent and childish, with the happy and upbeat music just making it even creepier because there is such a huge shift in how shes acting between the two scenes that it makes it feel like she really got fucked in the head and broke. Also, they botched the wording of a joke at the end that makes her seem even dumber then they probably intended.

I don't buy the fact that I'm "not a real human being" for liking dark comedy. Without going too philosophical, it helps me gauge the full extent of human nature which includes laughing at adversity and suffering.

My stance is that kids should be aware of that suffering which is what makes us human. Trying to shield them all the time is not good imo. I am aware that it's a "dangerous" position to have in modern society but that doesn't mean kids can't explore it. There is a saying that kids can be cruel because they don't know any better. Well, adults can be too even if they do know better. We're not all saints.

dream or not, I bought in the comedy. It's not like her life is forever doomed because she skipped on the decision to go to the city. I remember that she decided it on a whim so it's a relatively shallow dream that's been shattered. It's a good lesson for her to show that life does not always work out.

She's been innocent and childish all the way through. It's not that big of a deal in my eyes since she is reacting to the setback in an immature manner which is normal for a sheltered 14 year old.
The execution was just pure comedy. Possibly a little dark for an ending for the average folk these days but it's funny to see her get what she had coming.

Why are nips so cruel? Would it have killed them to give us even a slightly happy ending?

Her post before being taken down was supposed to be a tradtional "thanking the staff" kind of thing at the end of the anime. However she mentioned that she really disliked Yoshio's dialogue in the final episode about being a sacrifice and that she regrets not reading over the episode script and okayed it because she had trusted the staff to know what they were doing.

This post was taken down after like and hour and there was no word from her from a while.

Then like two weeks later the anime staff put up the usual "thanks for watching/supporting us" post (which was oddly late in coming) and within an hour of that the manga author puts up this really scripted sounding post where she basically does nothing but praise the staff and anime and then mentions that all the problems with the end were probably her fault because once in a meeting she brought up that it might be nice if Machi actually visited the city.

BUY MOAR MANGA!!!!

I don't get the outrage over the ending.
Not that it was good. It wasn't. The last couple of episodes were disappointing.

Staff probably wanted to work on something better but got stuck with cum a miko.

The ladt 3 episodes outright destroyed everyones opinion on the show and the ending was just the cherry on the shit cake that pushed everyone over the edge.

An autistic child became retarded.

Fuck the author and her mindbreak fetish.
Very good news.

As a fan of the manga let me just say that the anime was horrible. Bullying or not. They really fucked over a lot of the scenesand the anime original stuff was awful and out of place.

>then mentions that all the problems with the end were probably her fault because once in a meeting she brought up that it might be nice if Machi actually visited the city.
Wow. Why do I get the feeling she was pulled into a backroom with men in suits explaining how everything is actually her fault?

It doesn't come across as mindbreak in the manga. More like Machi throwing a tantrum and temporarily giving up after literal interference by the mountain god in her dreams because the author wanted to do some more SoL style chapters and actually show off a bit more of the village and surrounding area where Machi lives instead of just the shrine and random shopping centers.

Glad. Bullyfags are the most limp-dick pussy-shit queers on this board. I hope their life is filled with nothing but disappointment

Adaptations are horrible most of the time. More new at 11

My point is, there wasn't any reason to get outraged at it. It was bad anime like we get season after season. Machi acting retarded is obviously a joke, but the show got so bad so weren't able to deliver it well.
It wasn't even the most uncomfortable I got with the show, the infamous supermarket scene is way worst and people loved it (because it's a good scene).

This got bad at a level I haven't seen in an adaptation since the second Negima attempt.

>Disgusting japanese old men in suits forcing an innocent woman to praise their garbage
Holy fuck the bullying is real.

Do you really think she did not approve and get off to that anime ending?

I'm gonna take your word for it and read the manga now. Already deleted all the episodes aside from episode 3.

What's up normalfucks

>Show about a Miko bullied into giving up her dreams
>is actually a cry for help from the author who was bullied.

Manga was more fun.

It may be worse but perception is a factor. You see something disturbing happening halfway into a show but more or less go with it because you know there are still more episodes and the cgaracter still has motivation so you have hope for them to do better.

But the mindbreak was the finale so that's it. There's nothing afterwards to look up for and hope is gone. That's what made it so hard to swallow despite being relatively tamer in a technical sense.

I think it was a bad move if they hoped to continue because they killed the joke. Making her suffer is not the same if she already has given up.

Oh yes, I sure remember when a delinquent with a cigarette in mouth was beating up Akarin while she was trembling in fear. And when her uncle forced her on a table like he was trying to rape her.

>flooded in Cred Forums that season

This series caused a shitstorm in Japan. And a wave of cancelled preorders not seen since... ever.

It was doing great for half of the season then dropped like a rock.

>Pity that people can't handle seeing attractive characters getting the short end of the stick for retarded reasons like muh feels.
Said characters often get compensated for the nonsensical injustices they suffer. Machi don't get any reward for the shit she takes.

>>Or will his wacky trials be too much for even Machi to bear?
>wacky

OP was cute as fuck. ED was cute as fuck. First few episodes were nothing but cute comedy.

Everything started to fall apart with bike girl episode.

People whine about bullying at the slightest thing, even about Akari, no matter how lighthearted it is. If you don't think that about her, there are lots who think the same way you do about Machi. Cred Forums is full of tumblr faggots like you that cry "muh comfy" at everything, and none of you can agree on what that is.

Needed more fanservice

It was a truly depressing end

According to her she didn't actually even read the script for the last episode.

I think people reacted badly to the ending because most of the viewers(otaku who enjoy comfy SoL) relate too much with Machi's anxieties.

>Bullyfags defending a shitty adaptation just because it has bullying in it.

I know. And I have a hard time bringing myself to believe it.

Only the last couple of minutes.

What is the meaning of this gesture?

plz no bully bullyfags.

a need for a bottle of water

>Show receives funding from the region to promote it.
>Anime ends with her being traumatized by the region's city and the manga chapter where she no longer wants to go there.

Good job anime staff.

Also, that season a bear in the region apparently killed and partially ate 3 people.

I doubt niisan just went there to visit :^)

Everything you seen in episode 12 of watamote was in the manga not like Kumamiko anime only ending.

source?

I want a miko with critical social anxiety of my own to bully and traumatize.

The last two episodes are actually a bastardized version of a manga chapter.

In it, Natsu is praying to the God and breaks down and asks the god to make Machi not want to go to the city and leave him. That night Machi has a nightmare about city people throwing rocks at her and calling her a hick. She wakes up crying and goes to Natsu to tell him that she doesn't want to go to the city anymore. The next day the two are sitting around eating cake which Natsu got from Amazon and Machi is amazed that "Amazon Saito" came all the way from South America to deliver a cake to them.

Anime fix the time Skip and add on to some of the chapter.

My mistake, it was 4. This was apparently a big news story at the time.

google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/13/warning-four-killed-bear-attacks-akita-japan?client=ms-android-att-us

What really sucks is at the time there was a cross promotional event planned at a nature park where the park was going to use kuma mino in their advertising for educational event on bears with stuff like the VA's attending. Then the bear attacks and massive backlash around the ending happened. Sucks to be that park.

I'm the only one on internet watch anime and read manga of watamote at same time.

I dropped the manga before the anime started airing, but holy shit do I have to pick it all back up to see this shit show for myself.

I wonder what happened to Pierre and Kinema Citrus. Goddamn, from Yuyushiki to this shit.

Tomoko shit herself in chapter 30.

How would you even make a season 2 after the season 1 finale tossed the manga story in the trash?

I doubt Japan would react well to an anime original story about Machi slowly losing her mind and committing sudoku.

>shilled hard for a random clothing store
>couldn't even use Amazon's name

Should have stopped after episode 8 and called it a day. It's unfortunate since the show was good up until that point and the mangaka suffers from collateral damage from the fallout of the shitstorm regarding the final episode(s).