Storytime: Konjiki no Gash!! AKA Zatch Bell: Volume 19

Zophis and his army of ancient demons have been quelled, Gash bell moves into it's third arc as of volume 18! We are at the point where the series has really hit it's stride!

Gash bell is a Shonen action/comedy series by Makoto Raiku. The basic plot premise is that there are 100 kids from the demon world who come into the normal world to fight until only 1 is left standing, who is crowned king;

I'll be making a thread every day (can't give a specific consistent time of day yet due to IRL bullshit) and will post 1 volume every day until the whole run is posted.

Opening 1: youtube.com/watch?v=I0Ir4LL9Bkc
Opening 2: youtube.com/watch?v=_aMy1lJsRtE
Opening 3 is the current one, but still has sigfcant spoilers. I'll update the OP with it when it doesn't.

Previous dead threads (Be aware deleted spoilers will still be shown in third party archive links!: pastebin.com/CwgWtvev
Previous active threads:
Volume 11:
Volume 12:
Volume 13:
Volume 14:
Volume 15: Volume 16:
Volume 17:
Volume 18:

Other urls found in this thread:

n-u-l-l.net/
anime.thehylia.com/downloads/series/konjiki-no-gash-bell-),
youtube.com/watch?v=0c0xoa9VqH0
youtube.com/watch?v=nLneNl8zVRs
youtube.com/watch?v=KQ5kRyzQkyw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>FAQ:

>Why should I be interested?
It has really fantastic art, good humor, great tactical fight's with great choreography and is really excellent at utilizing both positive and negative emotions for FEELS; admittedly the series is a little rough untill arc 2 rolls around, after that all the above starts to really shine and continues to get better; the art in particular.

>Where are your scans from?
NULL's release. their site is here: n-u-l-l.net/ and they can also be found on bato.to and mangasaurus. EBJ has superior digital volumes for sale on their site, but they are japanese only, I'll be buying and ripping them eventually. There's also some really amazing quality Portuguese scans, but only for like 20 chapters halfway into the series, and, you know, aren't in english.

A-Destiny has really amazingly high res scans in english for the last 3 volumes, but they aren't publically available anywhere right now other then the last 3 volumes as jpgs on otakusmash, and the translation is generally nost as good as NUll's I feel in most cases. They also have 18-30, but thye quality isn't much better then Null's and the translation is still iffy.

>Isn't Zatch bell that kiddy pokemon ripoff?
You probably saw the localized anime. The anime is pretty not great due to changes it makes and missing the last arc (nontheless, here's a link to the anime episodes: anime.thehylia.com/downloads/series/konjiki-no-gash-bell-), and the localization is fucking terrible. The manga is way better, but even it admittedly starts out only above average untill it gets into the second arc.

I encourage you to post and respond to stuff as i'm dumping pages. It's far more fun for me while dumping if I see other people reacting to stuff that's happening and there' conversations I can reply to.

HOWEVER, please do not post images till I finish so the image limit isn't hit before then, and use your judgement for how often you post/how long what you are posting is. Don't overdo it.

DON'T POST SPOILERS (IE ANYTHING PAST THE CURRENT DUMPED PAGE OF THE CURRENT VOLUME) OUTSIDE OF SPOILER TAGS

>Year five
Damn, and we're barely over halfway through. How long did Gash run, eight years?

Started reading a few volumes in advance because it gets kinda addicting after a while. Kinda annoying how Zeon is posted everywhere, but only becomes important during the Attack on Demon arc.

Won Lei ;_;7

Still alive OP?

there he is

Oh shit, I just remembered which part this is.

Umagon fights are always fun.

HEY THAT'S

>tfw youll never have a little demon pony friend

THAT BLUE HEDGEHOG AGAIN OF ALL PLACES

>Won Lei
I know user, I know

That's because zeon is best demon boy

Faker etc

these guys look so much nicer than the horses from doubutsu no kuni

Current thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=0c0xoa9VqH0

Fuck forgot image

I love how all the horses want to be noticed by Sunbeam-senpai

>that one horse plummeting on the ground.

The Book Owner's Character Design looks oddly familiar too me.

grooovyyyy

>dat Jojo pose

Come on, Sunbeam. Don't give them more material to use against you

How can they tell the difference between the book shining with heart power and the book shining with a new spell?

Maybe the way it glows is different>

truly best horse

Also, STILL waiting for artbook user to dilver

personally I think this battle is kind of not great

I think it's pretty okay. better than quite a few of the arc 1 fights, but not up to par with the last arcs main fights, or even this arcs.

Sunbean is someone I imagine Kiyomaru would grow up to be but then he does stuff like this and then I realize Kiyomaru will never be this cool.

Anime version of the song, because it's once again great: youtube.com/watch?v=nLneNl8zVRs

>Hey, my BOING is down here!

The face of a man that has lost the will to fight it

>Please don't call me Boing-chan

What did she mean by this?

Its always fun watching Gash join in on the dancing.

>kiyomaru singing along
It's perfect.

Sorry i'm so slow dumping now, got a TON of irl shit going on at the moment

no need to stress op

Would love to hear what people who have never got this far into the series/are new to it think the structure is at this point

Is Zeon naked under his mantel?

Of course.

Probably, Gash is

Demon

Well blindly guessing then, upper part makes it look like a egg, lower part maybe has no purpose beside holding it.

Some giant demon bird egg?

Is the mantle part of their body? I mean cause they can completely control and shapeshift it

It will be explained eventually.

I've read it already but what I thought at the time was: a giant demon dragon, since Earth mentions both Baou and Faudo as if they're similar things with similar power

It's a big nuke? Or maybe some kind of portal

Nah, just magical clothes. Gash has taken it of a few times.

Wait, this wasn't just a filler episode the anime made up?

>dat sunbeam

>tfw everyone in your class is some kind of talentless dork

I love sunbeam. He's so groovy

Hm it's been a long time.

Image spoiled to help the suprise

Oh right, it's this Beaker fuck

You think kiyo ever just starts to wonder how his life became so weird. You think h he misses when things like this didn't happen?

Why are won lei and lee yen so adorable?

Zatch knows whats up

Oh suzy. This isn't going to work at all.

>this kinda shit has happened to kiyo so much he can predict what's happening

I'm dying.

Suzume seems to have a thing for big noses

Just how strong is rein in the grand scheme of things anyway? How far could he have gotten in this arc, if he'd have stuck around?

And then there's this asshole

>Grooovy

Just under Leo, since he was supposed to be one the demons with the power to break the seal

I't's hard to say for certain where he'd be in terms of ranking, but as far as just how far he'd last, he'd almost certainly make it to the final battle with zeon. Or maybe not, since his presence would radically change how the events play out due to him being a huge force multiper on gash's team part.

I'd say he's probably right below or tied with Leo/Riou, but above all of Leo's underlings.

>only gets good in the second arc
Why are mangaka doing this?

if i had to guess off the top of my head maybe dragon clan tier?

I always forget that riou is supposed to be pretty damn strong, the complete curb stomp that zeon gives him is pretty much the only thing that really sticks in my head.

I wouldn't say it only gets good in the second arc, but it only becomes REALLY good in the second arc.

first arc is 7/10 decent and enjoyable but not ramarkable, second arc is 8,5/10 pretty damn good, third arc (now) is 9/10 remarkable

I like how rein can look both completely terrifying, and also completely adorable.

How did he know the address?

Ikki? Is that you?

Nah, he was a pretty miserable asshole before Gash came and weirded his shit up

In kyle's defense Kiyomaru can be pretty terrifying just ask rodeaux and zeon

And then there's this faggot

Yea Kiyo isn't the best person to start with, this might be something where having Suzy around would prove useful.

OP's wife's son here, OP's prepping the bull but he'll be back soon.

OP's slaveboy here, I've escaped and OP will be busy trying to catch me, then we will have lots of gay sex before he comes back.

Sorry my computer crashed

No, that's Brago

Ah, the good ol "throwing children" technique

She has one hell of a good throwing arm.

hey it works wonders for gash

>I groped my way there by coincidence
Jesus Christ, Zeon.

This guy is actually kind of cool, but he's still a jerk.

How old is he supposed to be? He looks like an adult, just like Bari. What are these demons eating to be like this?

Wiki says he's 23, but IDK where they source ages from

oh yeahhh...this asshole.

Robo-faced Waifu

What dicks.
Now I'm glad you know who beats the shit out of them.

if I wasn't afraid of hitting the image cap, I would've posted the pic I only use for things that make me laugh too hard.

Wow
What a bitch

That's a boy.

He's a big child.

That top panel is really good

this fight has a lot of really good art

Rein is cute, cute!

this page is another one of my favorites. Raiku is REALLY good at using shadowing.

Ted best boy

>You'll never raise a badass bancho demon kid to become a king
;_;

I want to hug that monster

He's more of an American greaser then he is a japanese bancho, no?

I never noticed that his "mustache" was nose hair before

Is this Zatch's most embarrassing fight?
Because the level of jobbing here is ridiculous here.

RIP horse on the right.

Just imagine if Papi was on their side. Kiyo giving commands to Papi and Kyanchome would be the most annoying thing possible for any foe

GROOVY

/ss/?

Not really, Papi may be comic relief, but debuffs will fuck up anyone

>tfw no Tio/Kyanchome/Papi/Kolulu support core

Wow, rude.

I don't think it's jobbing, but i;m too tired to try to put my opinions into a coherent thought, I tried and failed.

>this fucking guy made it to last 10

Thanks a lot, Kiyomaro.

YAAAAAAY!!!

Aw yeah, time for running.

dat smug Kyle

Byoutiful

>spell has no prefix

So uh, this is a tier one spell.

>Mongolian Umagon
I completely forgot this was a thing. I never liked this guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=KQ5kRyzQkyw

It would imply so yes, he mentions on an earlier spell that he only seems to have learnt powerful spells so far

yes

Why are the filler chapters so damn fun and amazing

Sunbeam's a bit of a clueless idiot sometimes.
>Completely zones out and stares into the abyss during battle
The absolute madman.

>lulling enemy into false sense of security
You mean absolute genuis

Things woulda gone way different if he stayed and fought with Gash in this arc

Pretty sure Raiku recreated this scene in his shorts at the end of the volumes. Not sure if we passed it or not

OP's friend here, OP just up and went to the convenience store just because he felt like it.

Sorry guys the captcha is being fucking stupid and wouldn't load

Oh FUCK
They're gonna use THAT spell

Throwing is fucking OP in this manga

Nigga's got to learn to tech

so what the fuck is Big Boing? A normal human? I used to think she was a mamodo.
If she's a human why the fuck is she like that?

She's a gag character.

>Sorry guys the captcha is being fucking stupid and wouldn't load

This has been happening to me all the time as of late.

FOOL. She's no ORDINARY HUMAN, she's one of the MAJESTIC TWELVE

Keep in mind Rodeaux was using a Dioga level spell here, which is more or less the level of Gash's current Baou

so Reins spell here must be fucking insane. Dude could have one shotted demolt possibly

I thought it was a demon door that would unleash fucking everyone into the Earth.

>They fucking swim away
>who woulda thought they would redeem themselves of all people

It takes one or more of Zaguruzemu to make Baou equal Dioga spells. But yea I would put my money on Rein taking out Demolt.

Yes, that's what I meant, Zaguruzemu boosted baou

>Rodeaux face
Oh boy, the next time will be better

NANIIIIIIIII?!!?!?!

That part is great

Professor Riddles is loving every second of this. It was well worth the Zaker's.

End of volume 19

not a fan of reins manga colors here, it's too dark. A very very pale cyan or seafoam would be better

Gash is a bad influence
He's not gonna be a kind king
I'm betting my money on Brago

>Buffaloman Armbands
Wew lad.
Someone should make a Kinnikuman storytime sometime

Its not everyday you come home to find a global superstar, national superstar and a bunch of cute girls all waiting in your house.

I always wondered what those were.
Thanks Raiku!

But none of them are his pure waifu

That's next volume

I want to kiss Cheeta's face scars
She had a pretty hard life

GROOVY
R
O
O
V
Y

The whole time I thought it was white or a very clear shade of green

Much thanks.

>The nun?
I thought she was great, her demon Momon(?) was kinda annoying at first, but he grew on me too.

OYOYO soon

Momon did nothing wrong.
Can't wait for Tio's panty shot

>I groped my way there by coincidence
Is this Zeons flashback or Folgores??

Zeon's.

BEST BOY INCOMING
Oyoyoyoyoyo~

Yeah, I always picture him like as this color

You read my mind, user

I'm reading at my own pace and got into vol. 14. Kanchome's fights are the best.

>Tio's panty shot
That sweet, sweet rage. Doesn't she unlock a new spell from her rage alone? kek

>Doesn't she unlock a new spell from her rage alone?
Yes.

More like one and a half spells, I think she's the only one to ever unlock half a spell and not actually be able to use it.

Man, Sunbeam fell with style.

[Momon Foreshadowing intensifies]

>Suzume seems to have a thing for big noses
Yeah, just look at this stud. who couldn't fall that nose.

>Tio and Megumi look interested in ice-skating
>Doesn't invite them
Tch.

Oh, yes.
The famed Tiny Net.
It's a net and it's tiny.

>The prince of faggots and his golliwog partner actually outran Gash, of all people
Say what you want about them, that's one hell of a feat.

Cyborg girl is cute. CUTE

>Raiku actually rubbed a hole into his shirt because he was drawing so much
I love this guy.

Cheeta is wonderful.

gigano bumperuga

Why do you think they lasted so long in the first place

user, the dump is over already

I want more people to see it is all

sage

rude

Not just that, but a spell that was never supposed to have been unlocked in the first place

you can see the zakeru spell does not cover all the page on gash's book

I think spells like that would bother pretty much anyone when they're unprepared for it.

Zatch's attention wasn't on Papi, also.

Did Sherry fall under Stockholm Syndrome for Brago?

Brago seems to just be a straight up asshole towards Sherry, and even threatens her on multiple occasions and punches her when she's acting like a weak shitter. Then later on Sherry's all like "you don't understand him, he's kind!"

also:
>Sherry wants to find and rescue Koko using Brago, so puts up with his bullshit throughout the battle for king
>Brago is an asshole and threatens to kill Sherry's Butler if she doesn't listen
>Sherry threatens to kill herself if Brago doesn't listen to her, saying shit like she doesn't give a shit about demons and Brago won't be able to compete for king anymore

Wouldn't, at this point, Brago still threaten to kill the butler, because he's fully aware that Sherry just wants to find her friend, and killing herself would be illogical? Brago should've been able to point out this bluff and still act like an asshole.

If you say Brago already realized the bluff and chilled down, then Raiku should've made that more apparent. At the very least, have Brago complain "hurr durr what about Koko huh? What will killing yourself accomplish hurr durr"

my only real gripe about the series so far. I have no idea why I got so autistic over one small detail

>Implying Brago thinks that hard about the emotions of stupid, weak humans

I see your point about the suicide situation but uh

>"you don't understand him, he's kind!"

when did she ever say this?

not very explicitly, I was just exaggerating, but Sherry does sympathize with Brago despite the constant abuse after the millenium arc.

I guess they just warmed up to each other from traveling together so long, and she saw stuff like him punching her as more of a motivator than raw aggression

That kind of thing is bound to happen when a pair gets this far into the contest.

>Shit! I hate ice!
This one joke made that only okay fight totally worth it.

Yeah the Umagon vs Kaudio fight is really pretty meh compared to most fights we have no

so moe

Lewd.

How does kanchome know what it is?

There's no way to explain how he figured it out that wouldn't also spoil what it actually is.

You'll find out next volume

God I fucking love Rodeaux. I can not wait till the big fight.

ZAKERU! ZAKERU! ZAKERU! ZAKERUGA! ZAKERU! ZAKERU! ZAKERUGA!

The one time "Kiyomaro" complimented her was when Kyanchome was impersonating him with a big nose. I'd imagine that's where it came from

Banchos are basically greaser wannabes that think greasers are some sort of deliquents while we all know they're just posers.

I love how Ted is literally Josuke.

Brago had grown up and matured by that point in the series. He wasn't the edgy loner he was when they first met.

So did the delinquent classmate get phased out, or does he come back? He's been missing from the last few chapters that involved Kiyomaro's friends.

a character with such powerful starting spell usually result in having a shitty late game

>spring is coming, we have lots to do

the chinese couple is celebrating chinese new year?