Hyouge Mono is a better SoL than K-On!

Hyouge Mono is a better SoL than K-On!.

Kill yourself.

More like every anime ever is a better SoL than K-On!.

Let's be honest.
Anyone that openly says K-On is bad is just a contrarian loser that can't handle popular things because they've never known love before.

its more funny but its not better SoL. I got tired of watching him scratch himself while eyeing the cups.I also think Wabi-sabi is a retarded school of aesthetics made by poorfags who could not even make a proper tea cup(so they needed something to comfort make them feel ok about it)

Digibro pls leave

I've never known love before and I still liked K-on

Neck yourself

That's the power of K-on!
It means you still might know love someday, rejoice.

But really, what is love?

After you.

K-On! taught me about love

But K-On! isn't bad, it's shit.

Tea ceremonies were more interesting in Hyouge Mono compared to these boring tea and cake meetings.
fite me irl

Hyouge Mono is barely a good show and K-On! is the last great achievement in tv anime.

K-ON! is a mediocre SoL and Hyouge Mono destroys it.

>it's a smug salvador dali reaction faces anime

>salvador dali anime
FUND IT

It's anything but mediocre, and I truly don't understand how anyone with taste could even suggest that. Hyouge Mono is fine, really. Much better than the usual thing that comes out every season. But I think it's artificially elevated due to its unusual subject matter and setting. It's recent enough to not put viewers off, but unpopular enough to make insecure viewers feel good for watching it.

>It's anything but mediocre
Not really. Sure, its production values are high, but that's it.
>and I truly don't understand how anyone with taste could even suggest that.
Production values aren't the most important thing in anime, so yeah, i would prefer Hyouge Mono over K-On! even if the latter has great animation & direction.

Also
>But I think it's artificially elevated due to its unusual subject matter and setting
What the hell does it mean ?

I think if you can't recognize the beauty in K-On!'s narrative then Japanese filmmaking probably isn't for you. What do you think of Miyazaki or Takahata? Heck, forget anime, what about Ozu? I don't think it's great cause of that aspect, or because it looks pretty, or any one thing, but holistically it is a beautiful experience. Like a Totoro updated for the modern generation.

K-on is a cute watch with music I enjoy and high production values. That said there is nothing to the narrative.

Hyouge Mono is a very different take on the popular subject matter of the Warring States period piece. You fall in love with the main character for his flaws, development, and subsequent over coming of more flaws he got from previous developments. The character arcs of the side characters have a point. It's unique enough to be different from all the other period pieces over the years and familiar enough to not be out of depth with the lore. They are two different kinds of anime so ranking one over the other is an exercise in shit posting.

A period piece about tea is a novelty, so people give it points for that. Which I guess isn't necessarily wrong, but it feels a bit superficial to me.

Literally everything is better than k on, whats your point?

>I think if you can't recognize the beauty in K-On!'s narrative then Japanese filmmaking probably isn't for you.
Mate, why are you trying to imply that there's something different in K-On! narrative ? It's just a show about cute girls doing cute things, a well done show, but nothing more. I might understand people liking it because it looks pretty, but calling it a masterpiece is just silly.
>What do you think of Miyazaki or Takahata?
I haven't watched enough movies from these people to voice an opinion on their works.
>Heck, forget anime, what about Ozu?
What does some sort of revered film director have with a cartoon about cute girls ? I think comparing K-On! with his works is just insulting.

fuck off, Komeiji

It's also one of the best anime of all time. What's your point?

That's exactly it, you don't get it. "It's just cute girls" is a reductionist argument if I ever heard one.

Is that a trip?

xD

Yeah, pretty much.
>people who pay attention to e-celebs hate K-on!
Why am I not surprised?

Hyouge Mono isn't even slice of life. It is great though and probably better than K-On.

>is that a trip?
I can tell you're new here

What's the appeal of Hyouge Mono ? I watched the first episode and there's nothing special about it.
K-on is a 3/10 btw. overanimating the hair and mouths of a bunch of autistic highschoolers can't be good.

>"It's just cute girls"
But it is just cute girls. It's a CGDCT SoL and cute girls is the factor which is carrying this show, considering that the jokes aren't that funny. Pretending that cute girls are 2deep4u is just hilarious, considering that you're acting like people in those Big Dawg memes.
Actually, you can just shoop out eva out of it, and replace it with K-On! and it will fit perfectly.
Liking good visual direction is rather understandable, but it doesn't make a show "deep", especially when your show is about cute girls drinking tea and eating cake.

It is a slice of life of an aesthete.

That's like saying NGE is a slice of life about high school kids.

It is but honestly… How do you even compete with perfection that is Hyouge Mono?

Suit yourself, I guess. I never claimed it was deep, only that your preconceptions limit your ability to take anything from it. I would suggest revisiting it, if you haven't seen it in a while. Direction is irrelevant here, I think. Yamada did more interesting work in a strictly technical sense on Tamako and now Silent Voice. K-On! transcends any one part, I couldn't rightfully say "oh yeah I like it because of this one aspect."

Well, it kinda is.

>only that your preconceptions limit your ability to take anything from it
That's another way of saying it's 2deep4u
>K-On! transcends any one part
Such as ?

If you wanna interpret that as 2deep4u then go right ahead, I guess. I'm not calling it deep though. By "transcends any one part" I mean like, it's well animated but that's not WHY it's good. It's got nice storyboarding but that's not WHY it's good. It's how they all come together. You're saying stuff like it's understandable to like good direction, but that's only a small cog in a big machine, you know?

furuta a shit
senno a best

>K-On! is good

>It's how they all come together.
So what's so special about features of animations coming together ?