Retro Cred Forumsnime Thread

Post what you've been watching/reading recently, what you think about it etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/telnoa.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=WM4Syuv4CTY
youtube.com/watch?v=KWee5HDnMBs
youtube.com/watch?v=qxHgVBpKNEo
youtu.be/bb_8PJ4Wqjo
exhentai.org/g/182146/4f5c26749f/
youtube.com/watch?v=RvZ_f9umldU
youtube.com/watch?v=P2g7tddHZ8E
youtube.com/watch?v=uTuMK-ZMPVY
youtube.com/watch?v=iamsNgUJmsU
imgur.com/a/VacYw
bakabt.me/torrent/167740/senya-ichiya-monogatari-a-thousand-and-one-nights-arabian-nights-h264-480p-orphan-tophf
bakabt.me/torrent/168788/cleopatra-cleopatra-queen-of-sex-1970-h264-orphan-tophf
deluge-torrent.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is lupin part 2 considered retro?

It's from the seventies, so probably

I started Yawara but I've gotten bored a few episodes in, I can't imagine watching 120 more.

I'm pretty much done with the first season of Sailor Moon and 999 entirely, I feel like watching something short next instead of starting another old, lengthy series, Layzner sounds incredibly cool. Either a tie between that or another non-Gundam Yoshiyuko Tomino series.

Big O
Never watched it, somehow.

Retro doesn't mean old.
Retro is about backward things. Anime that are made today that look like they were from the 70s are retro. 70s anime are retro if they look like they were made in the 60s.

40 episodes in Dougram, and there has never been a more believable anime about guerilla warfare. Filled with incredibly detailed tactics, political manoeuvring, media manipulation, defending economical interests etc...
The only problems a subpar animation
I've known Takahashi in his other real robot shows and still got surprised.

You're blowing my mind

You only really need to watch the first arc or so because it just repeats that ad nauseum for the next 100 episodes, resetting back to the status quo as soon as anything looks like it will change it even slightly.
It doesn't even end properly in the TV show itself either, you have to watch the OVA to get the proper ending to the series.

Trying to get into Orange Road but the first few episodes haven't done anything for me.

How old is retro?
I've been watching dragon ball, maison ikoku, and outlaw star, so maybe one of those count?

Not my fault other people are using the word incorrectly.

before 2000 i'd say.

Works for me.

I dropped it too. I got the feeling that it introduced many of the rom-com tropes that have been overused since and It felt like watching a checklist of anime clichés. Takada's Chara designs are timeless though.

I'm about to finish Gundam, it's been a fun ride.

Pre-evangelion

Late 90s weren't very different from the 00s, they just looked better

Ghost Sweeper Mikami.
This is what SJW Ghostbusters should have been, though Hollywood would never let it happen.

Main guy is the "alpha-loser" type of character which used to be fairly common, but is now nearly extinct.
Also, Maria is styled like a 70's anime chick so it's kind of retro within retro.

Been doing a Miyazaki rewatch, cried all the way through Totoro. Sometimes I forget about just how good anime can be.

I always roll with older than 20 years.

I'd set the bar at 2002, I.E. pre-Cred Forums, since this was where Internet weeabooism really took hold. Around the same time internet fansubs took off as well.

So, EVA

Happy was way more fun than Yawara, in my opinion. There is no status quo because shit keeps getting worse and worse for Miyuki.

Manga spoilers:
Okinu was better for Yokoshima than Mikami, desu.

>Mfw used White Base for the first time watching Macross
Time to rewatch after I'm done with Frontier. White Base didn't really seem to do the art justice.

>there will never be a show like yawara to air ever again

Just watched Blue Sub 6, which is technically just barely 90s, I guess.

Animation was fucking gorgeous but the plot fell flat for me, CG was hard to watch in a modern era, and the music was poorly used.

Just watched first movie of this. I liked the last little reveal they did. Pretty good C+ tier action flick for the time probably.

Currently trying to go through my /m/ backlog, so I'm watching the original Macross and G-Gundam if that's retro enough. Also Slam Dunk.

Can someone seed the 名侦探福尔摩斯[720P] Sherlock Hound 720p torrent on xfsub tracker pls

Forgot City Hunter.

>alpha-loser
Ryo Saeba?

Meh, SDF has maybe 4-5 episodes with good art, rest is unwatchable QUALITY with the lowest point being ep. 11 which is also a pretty important one.

About to finish Dirty Pair. Fun show. Is the OVA worth watching?

Was thinking of watching Takarajima, I bought the novel, Treasure Island, which it is based on not too long ago so I was wondering how close does it follow the book?

Also thoughts on A Wind Named Amnesia? Sophie a beaut.

I haven't seen the 80s OVA, the movie is required watchinng though, and Flash is fun but very different.

HD makes the Macross crowd faces all the better though. It accentuates the shitty art and makes it quite endearing.

I just watched this and I spent the entire series repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 episodes it was so painful.

>Ayy epic retro boxer lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

Kei or Yuri? While both so delicious I find Yuri's elegance a big turn on.

sounds like you have autism user

Everything before Evangelion is retro.

>I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 episodes it was so painful.
Why the fuck continue watching it if you disliked it so much?

Watching Zambot 3 and fucking hell how did Tomino get away with this back then

It does sound like a legit symptom. I can see him rocking back and forth.

Fucking hell user

shit taste, user.

I also prefer Yuri for the same reason. Kei is still a god-tier tomboy though

What is actually factually wrong with you senpai?
I understand not liking something, but you sound legitimately ill in the head.

Amnesia was pretty good

Seek help

Cred Forums memes have no power here

Dark Myth, it was sort of mediocre. I think Annou's better at lighthearted stuff.

I haven't seen this pasta in a while.

Got a lot of serious answers though.

>"This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..."

>You'll never have a night of class with Yuri, a dinner of good conversation about literature, the arts and music, which ends in the most passionate sex you can imagine

The main character rightfully deserved to be able to fuck Sophie at the end. One of the few bad ass MC's, speaking of that, how come there are more bad ass main characters in older anime compared to how many pussy whipped ones there are now? I liked how they were daring, ballsy and willing to take risks. Something which rarely happens these days.

>IT'S YOUR PAIN OR MY PAIN OR SOMEBODY'S PAIN
>DARE KA NO TAME NI IKIRARERU NARA
>IT'S YOUR DREAM OR MY DREAM OR SOMEBODY'S DREAM
>NANI MO KOWAKU WA NAI
BD when?

It was anime directors and writers being "inspired"(ripping off) Hollywood movies, same reason HnK looks the way it does despite being a legit masterpiece.
Right now they rip off each other so there's no 80's sci-fi setting with alpha guys to rip off.

80s action heroes went out of style in most media, user. Not to the same extent as anime, but it's definitely noticeable.

Do not make Yawara mad. That's for sure...

Banjou

YAPPAPPA- YAPPAPPA- II SHAN TEN

>Ryo Sae

How is Ryo Saeba a loser? Come on, man!

but mad yawara is cutest yawara

Crest of the stars.

I'm sort of enjoying it - enough that I'm half-way through yet at the same time I don't feel any strong compelling desire to watch the next episode.

according to vr it's 10 years

Tries to get the punani and fails 99% of the time in the series, when he gets it, he can't do it because FUCKING KAORI.
Not talking about the manga, manga is cool about that, did you know Takehiko Inoue worked as an assistant on it?

>Retro
>imitative of a style, fashion, or design from the recent past

well ill be damned you learn something new everyday

Yes, but that's the nature of being a player like Ryo Saeba. Ofc he's gonna fail with the majority of women, but he'll still enjoy some success.

At least he's not like some of the men in harem anime protagonists who let the women push men around.

I really wish they'd release Yawara in a perfect edition like they did with Monster, then again it doesn't seem likely we'll get it because sports manga doesn't sell unless we see a boom in it.

I think Saeba would actually get an aneurysm if he watched a harem.

Benn having a "medieval hunt" marathon recently although not sure if they fit retro.

Those who Hunt Elves>Louie the Rune Soldier>Sorcerer Hunters

TWHE kinda went to shit in the second season but was pretty fun. Louie was just okay overall. SH had great waifus and nice ecchi but had a terribly annoying MC.

Any other recs of this sort?

Reading Devilman at the moment it is both really funny and edgy, better than the anime for sure.

Miami was a Mary sue and never got any comeuppance. I dunnow. It just bothered me how she never seemed to lose and stuff although this came from reading all of the manga in one go so I don't know much about the anime.

Shame the dude lost his demon waifu but at least will get ghost waifu.

I'm entirely too late to this particular party, but I just finished the first 24 episodes of Eva and am now moving onto EoE. 3 minutes in I decided that I should take a short break rather than just binge the rest.
>inb4 pleb
Yeah, I know.
I remember when I first watched 0079. I did the English TV broadcast version. Jesus christ that was like getting circumcised all over again. It hurt so bad but it made me the hardened otaku I am today.

>You'll never have a night of class with Yuri, a dinner of good conversation about literature, the arts and music, which ends in the most passionate sex you can imagine
Why must you make me sad user?

>first 24 episodes of Eva
Don't fall for that meme. It's a good thing you didn't get at all into End of Eva just yet. Watch 25 & 26, then the End of Eva.

On an unrelated note, are any of the Yamato sequels worthwhile? I really enjoyed the first one, though the rest just seem like cash grabs at first glance.

Does Sazae-san count as a retro anime?

This is a shame because all of her outfits are so cute. The BD boxes are so fucking expensive.

I recently finished Rahxephon. Put it off for a while after episode 8, but finally got around to finish it. Not my favourite anime, but not really that bad either. I don't like mecha that much, but there wasn't any mecha in Rahxephon almost, but it's the military stuff that's annoying, and I didn't understand everything, it was a bit confusing. It was okay, no masterpiece but not really bad either.

Also finished Record of Lodoss War TV yesterday. I had stopped at episode 17 for a while because it got too exciting for me, but finally finished. It didn't give me as much enjoyment as the first part, but still okay. Maybe a bit too much battles and not enough of the more relaxing stuff? Or maybe I had just forgotten the important plot threads.

Also working on Now And Then Here And There. It looks amazing, and has very good music. It's overall very good. Have 4 episodes left, want to finish them in one sitting so waiting a bit before I finish them.

Now that I've finished Rahxephon I'm thinking a bit about the other important Evangelion mecha like Brain Powerd or Ideon, but it'll wait for a bit, will take a break from mecha for a while now.

So just finished Astro Boy omnibus 5 and I'm really enjoying this series. Outside of the occasional shitty story like Shoot em up in the Alps it's a really solid read. The time travel arc is pure genius in how it fleshed everything out. It somewhat redeemed Dr. Tenma for me after seeing what actually went down in Astro's origin.

>retro
>2002s
Also you won't really like Brain Powered unless you like Tomino in general.

Considering it's an adaption of series from the 40s to the 70s, I would assume so by the defention of retro.

anything that is animated on cels is retro

>I had stopped at episode 17 for a while because it got too exciting for me
what? you liked it so you stopped to spread it out?

have you seen giant gorg? you might like it.

Does Seto count as retro?

>because it got too exciting for me
Oh fuck it's you again

Also finished Nobody's Boy Remi. Is the genderbent version any good in comparison to this masterpiece?

Rahxephon looks very early digital like.

It's been so many years. Rahxephon is very old now.

I know Brain Powerd is supposed to be really bad, and I've heard bad things about the characters too, and I hate annoying characters. But still, I've had Brain Powerd on my mind for a while, so I may end up watching it at some point. It's also from 1998, and I'm collecting 98 anime, want to watch a lot of anime from that year.

It got scary because I was afraid they'd fail and there was much at stake.

Not seen Giant Gorg, but heard about it. Why would I like it though? I'm not saying I'll never watch it, but it'll have to wait for a long time. It's also from 84, and I want a little bit to not watch any TV anime from the 80s. That's counting against Ideon too.

>I really enjoyed the first one, though the rest just seem like cash grabs at first glance.

Only comet empire, once the movies hit it's cash grabs except worse because they try to inflict drama by needlessly killing off central characters. It's atrocious.

I haven't actually tried season 3 yet because crabsubs

Kei would be best girl in any other show, but goddamn Yuri is a miracle of the universe.

Mah Nigga, I've finally gotten around to watching this and it's been a blast so far.
Though I'm stuck on the rugball arc which is kinda boring.

Why did this fail?

According to /vr/ it's before 1999 you fuck

Read the fucking rules

Garzey's Wings.

fucking awesome

>Rahxephon is very old now.
It's really not.
>It got scary because I was afraid they'd fail and there was much at stake.
This is pretty autistic, user.

What's objectively the best Ghibli movie, and why is it Only Yesterday?

Nobody on /vr/ would call the GBA or PS2 retro and they are more than 10 years old.

>Also finished Record of Lodoss War TV yesterday. I had stopped at episode 17 for a while because it got too exciting for me

This is Poe's law as fuck

I just started watching this and it's pretty boring. Does it ever get good?

You misspelled Whisper of the Heart.

My Neighbor Totoro was the best because of 'that' bath scene

>2002 is very old
>I want a little bit to not watch any TV anime from the 80s

Holy shit, fuck off back to MAL.

I personally love it, but if you think it's boring then you should probably just drop it now, because it keeps the same slow atmospheric tone pretty much the whole way.

Ugly-ass CGI. The plot kind of falls apart as the series progresses.

I have been watching akage no anne. Its such a good adoption story. Not many people talk about it beyond posting webm's.

Iv never felt for a character like anne before. Watching her grow up every episode actually made my heart hurt that I couldnt have her as my own kid.

I swear, every time I see you post your taste gets even worse.

Is the manga sequel ongoing, are were gonna have an anime for the sequel soon?

KIKOERU KASHIRA!

it started the SoL cancer though

>It's also from 84, and I want a little bit to not watch any TV anime from the 80s
alright nevermind. you just need to watch more anime

SoL is great, though.

It's not that I'm opposed to old anime, but I keep this cool table, and it has just so happened that I've gotten a big gap with no TV anime from the 80s so far. I want to fill out the 70s, which I have many plans for, and the 90s, a bit more, then I get a big hole in the middle, between the 70s and the 90s, which would be really cool.

I have seen some 80s anime, but so far they've only been movies and OVAs.

HEADS UP! Oniisama e BD comes out on October 4th.

nice

This is a bit autistic, user.

He wasn't asking for the objectively worst.

He's literally autistic

That's cool and all, but it explains a lot.

That's why I didn't say Earthsea.

Sazae-san was already SoL a decade earlier.

>It would be really cool to miss an entire decade of anime

I recently finished the Nausicaa manga and it was a masterpiece just like everyone said.
Although I did feel very empty after it ended.

Nothing wrong with SoL. You do realize that slice of life doesn't just mean K-on type shows, right?

fuck

Aria and soro no woto werent that bad.

Making my roommate watch Giant Robo, which also fits definition of retro.

It's a fucking masteriece except for being unfinished.

>I got the feeling that it introduced many of the rom-com tropes that have been overused since and It felt like watching a checklist of anime clichés.

You would be correct in that guess. The only real reason to watch Kimagure Orange Road in my opinion is if you have some nostalgic attachment to it, or you're really interested to see what started a lot of the love triangle rom-com tropes of today.
It's a series that's largely episodic and also redundant with nearly every episode's plot being able to summed up as: "Kasuga, Hikaru, and Madoka have a misunderstanding, this goes on until someone finally manages to clear the misunderstanding up". And unfortunately, that's all you get for 90% of Kimagure Orange Road, the other 10% is just purely fun episodes without any trite drama, but those are few and far inbetween.

I'm currently watching the Space Runaway Ideon anime TV series, and I'm a third of the way through so far.
On a mostly unrelated note, I recently finished watching Armored Trooper Votoms and Ace wo nerae. I greatly enjoyed watching both of them, and would recommend people to watch either of them.

>Anonymous
record of lodoss wars, slayers, dragon pink

Really surprised so many anons didn't know this

Now watch the movie, and just imagine how much better ever Miyazaki would be in manga format.

most people use the colloquial definition of retro, even though it might not be technically correct.

I've already seen the movie, I thought it was good too. But obviously the manga is going to be better because he had more time to do what he wanted.

a.pomf.cat/telnoa.webm

I hope someone rips it so I don't have to give the Jewpanese more money than I already do.

>90s shit
>retro
Pick one

There's always someone who rips it, let's just hope someone re-encodes it and times some subs on it.

>There's always someone who rips it
No there isn't

How old does something have to be in order to be considered retro anyway? Most 90's shows are over 20 years old now

How many of those episodes are actually that and how many are shitty methodical ones?

I'm sure with Oniisama e we'll get a rip. I mean come on, Dezaki has his loyal fans. If RoV can get a rip, it'll get a rip.

Ashita no Joe BDs never got ripped, and I can't even find a seeded copy of the second BD box for AnJ2.

>There's always someone who rips it
You better toss some dosh to a fansub group if you want them subbed.

>Ashita no Joe BDs never got ripped
?

That's 2 and that's not BDs you fucking retard.

3rd time is the charm bud

>baiting on the internet

I finished Akazukin Chacha recently. It was pretty cute.

I started the 70s gatchaman anime, 3 episodes in. It looks a lot better than I expected, and it's good, it's just a bit too silly with its monsters.

To be honest, the DVD encode is actually pretty good.

>tfw this image now effectivly encapsulates my confidence in posting

It certainly exists, but it didn't get ripped

Not really retro, but I started watching Kare Kano because its being used as shitpost fodder.

Why is this anime so good? Im at episode 8 and I can feel all the emotions. Is the manga as good as well?

>Is the manga as good as well?
No.

>not really retro
How is Kare Kano not?

This is the face of a RAPIST!

The KareKano you know of is a product of Hideaki Anno's involvement in the anime. It manages to be funny while fleshing out characters at the same time. The manga is so-so honestly.

Your mileage may vary after episode 16 since Anno quit the team due to creative differences. Id say its shit at episode 17 onwards

>the crazy man-hating girl is healed by the D
fuck this show. i loved her crazy.

Souichiro lived a hard life

The Tsurumaki episodes were god tier though.

I found it to be okay after episode 16 too, very underrated from that point. It's not as good, but it's no worse than generic shoujo romance either.

Votoms is the shit.

Pretty sure they released a Yawara perfect edition in Japan.

I thought he left after episode 18.
I'm pretty sure he directed the episode where they fucked, and then peace'd out.

Nice the Xbox 360 is retro now.

Imaishi's episode was the peak of KareKano.

Yeah, that was the episode. The mangaka was pissed because he made it too funny and not melodramatic enough

Yeah, I was so over it. Shame it didn't get more episodes and month ladies. Instead there was a remake which was meh and early thus kinda bad CG.

Props for spotting that nipple. There are at last two other slips in second ep that I know of.

>Is the manga as good as well?
No and that will unfortunately affect the anime quite soon for you.

Be Kei, have Yuri.

Tsuda was too posessive of her work. This couldve been her biggest success if she just gave Gainax more control. Its like she didnt realize that when the show does serious melodrama, it really does it well

You know what really has changed? The moe/bishoujo anime equivalents of the 80's and 90's all gave their protagonists either a proper love interest or a crush on an older senpai. A girl in love was considered moe. These days they're only allowed to be in love with bland self-insert protagonists.

Soon

That was moe-fied in the anime; the original novel is just typical YA stuff and the manga adaptation is a shoujo.

Good job repeating exactly what I said.

wow

I watched this dubbed.

Fuck me, I liked it better. Veronica Taylor nailed it.

>exactly what I said
>a post consistingly solely of an image
I'm sorry user I'll try not to telepathically reiterate your points again.

Don't reply or post at all if you can't read the thread of discussion.

It was so inspiring. I loved how the episodes were just the perfect length. Usually you get a bit bored after a while when you watch 25 min episodes, but in this anime they were perfect. It kept a high speed, and dense content, which never made it boring, it was always so enjoyable to watch. And it the episodes were the exact perfect length, just when you start to get exhausted by the high pace and dense content and how great it is, it ends and you can take a break. This is how every anime should try to be.
And it was inspiring, when I was watching I wanted to do like the girl, it was inspiring to try to pretend to be perfect, I wanted to imitate that.
And both the opening and ending themes are amazing too.

I haven't given any anime 10/10, but Kare Kano showed me what I want in order to give it.

Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.

>These days they're only allowed to be in love with bland self-insert protagonists.
I think you're misdiagnosing it. The bland MC is a harem thing. The CGDCT/female-protagonist-school-life shows have been /u/ territory since least the early 00s, that's why they don't have male crushes.

That's it, there's no saving a perfect retard like you, just kill yourself.

>replying to pasta

you're a fuckin' doof

Which is the best Cutie?

about visuals.. 2004

1994, but on bluray.

2004 is the cutest, original is the best show.
Shin is a fucking mess only good for the Go Nagai references, never seen Flash.

So it's winter soon and I went trough my backlog and pulled out everything retro:

I'm 78 episodes into legends of the galactic heroes, and I don't want this shit to end.
I really needed to catch up on some of dezakis works, so I started watching the following shows:
>Ashita no joe
It's really good, I'm loving it.
>rose of Versailles
Also great, gives off a utena vibe.
>space cobra
Really bizarre and trippy.
>takarajima
Looks great.

Other retro stuff I'm watching right now is:
Mobile suit gundam movie III
Area 88
City hunter
Space runaway ideon
Nadia
Fushigi yuugi
Hokuto no ken
Martian successor nadesico
Sdf macross
Magic knight rayearth
Master Keaton
Sakigake otokojuku
Escaflowne

Shows that I plan to watch are:
Most lejiverse shows.
Either the old HxH or YYH
Tekkaman blade
The big o
Shinzou ningen casshern
Riki-oh
Cutie honey
Karekano
Hell teacher nube
GS mikami
Dirty pair
Anything devilman related
Bunch of old OVA's like odeo 808 and bubblegum crisis
Black jack
Arslan senki

Soon it will be snow as far as the eye can see, but i still think that i will have a wonderful retro winter.

>Also great, gives off a utena vibe.

Rose of Versailles (And Riyoko Ikeda in general) is the biggest influence on Utena, so that's to be expected. Ikuhara is also a student of Osamu Dezaki.

Shin has the best animation as well.

PA PA YA PA! PA PA YA PA!

PAPARA PA PA PA PA PA
PAPARA PA PA PA PA PA

3,000 Leagues in Search of Mother is also a classic anime. Miyazaki was the character designer for it.

And Takahata directed! One of the earliest classic TV shows.

Looks kinda shitty, was it any good?

Well according to legend he completely lied about Ideon's premise to get it greenlighted.

I don't know if it will look good though. It should but the DVD didn't look very good sadly.

Why are so many pre-90's shows so long anyway?

Nowadays, you'd struggle to find shows that are more than 26 episodes.

Back then however, you had a bunch of different shows that spanned anywhere from 39 to 100 episodes.

Daily reminder that this is still the most technically impressive animation work ever created.

>sol
>cancer

I've seen much, much better.

Post some then, nigger.

Depends on your thoughts on gay sex.

god her tits are fantastic.

Why were the 90s so fucking awful?

Not him, but it's not strictly that scene. Got to watch the whole thing, and with the music/dialogue. Robot Carnival is masterpice and that is the masterpiece of Robot Carnival.

Defo watch it if you didn't yet.

About halfway through Eden no Ori. I like it, only started it because Suicide Island hasn't had an update recently.

I just watched this, and I thought a lot of it was unintentionally hilarious.

They weren't.

>Slayers encompassed the entirety of the 90s

because that image is based on saber marionette J. which has become a meme for its artsyle, you idiot

It becomes a fucking slideshow after the first few episode. The concept of Music and voice acting over manga panels is quite expermimental, but also barely watchable.
Drpped that shit 12 ep in and didn't feel guilty or less knowledge/a/ble since.

Watch literally any popular film known for its animation. Akira, Ghost in the Shell, most Ghiblies, etc
Like that looks good and I have no doubt the whole film does, but that cut doesn't really sell it as the ~best ever~

I figured. I'll watch it one day. Doesn't really interest me.

I really like this ED
youtube.com/watch?v=WM4Syuv4CTY

Yawara is a miracle of the universe.

Is Flash worth watching? I liked the original DP series.

I do love 90's stuff.

I love this OVA.

Good shit.

Based on one messed up Saber Marionette drawing. Even Saber Marionette doesn't look like this.

The artstyle is nice and charming, I like the 90s artstyle.
Gonna watch Saber Marionette soon, one of the greatest examples of 90s artstyle, and it does not look like this.

Burn-Up W/Excess is my jam.

pure 90's kino.

faved

Yeah, just accept it is different anime, different DP, and it is quite enjoyable. Plus great animation.

I had that same realization after reading Nausicaa.

Kushana best girl.

>doesn't look like this.

you sure?

Nausicaa is objectively the best Ghibli film

You make it sound like the movie is full of bath scenes or something

Found the drawing it's based on (thanks /r/anime)

I recently watched the first episode of Genocyber and it was fucking boring. I've heard that even fans think it goes downhill after the first, so is there any reason to continue watching?

73 hands down. Colorists on acid, creative designs, variety of settings and vilains, hilariously atrocious adult characters. It's the best one. 94 is an okay and less creative iteration that went in line with the cyberpunk tropes of its time. Re: is a fanfic trying hard to merge the franchise with some incongruous, eva-like meta vibes.

At least the face is symnetrical and it doesn't look like one eye was placed on the cheek, like the other picture. It's based on QUALITY Saber Marionette art, not regular Saber Marionette art.

I'm almost done with Project A-ko. I've watched 4 of the movies and am about to start the next 2.

Sort of wish the plot and story was fleshed out more. Especially in regards to what the deal is with a-kos strength, and her and c-ko's sudden appearance after the explosion.

Now I've read synopsis of the last 2 episodes and find out they are in an alt universe and there's only some loose ties to the other 4.

It seems this was a common thing in anime of the day. Where they introduced something and the audience was just supposed to accept it with no explanation.

I enjoy it though. So far.

reto anime equals = uncensored hentai

costs to fund

>Iria
Thanks for reminding me to download this. Was intrigued when I heard of it a few months ago but didn't have the hard drive space at the that point in time…

I finished it recently as well. Blows my mind how they went from that to fucking IBO.

but that wasn't slayers, it was saber marionette
and its not even the same artist.

sad thing because i love slayers and Araizumi's art.

but, SMJ was just retarded. like taking slayers stile to a whole new over deformed level

Genocyber, Guyver, those kinds of gory OVAs are simply boring and not worth your time.

Meant to reply to

>Colorists on acid
In Japan?

Those years were the peak of the hippie era. Artists could get on influence by just breathing the libertine air.

Good stuff. I really enjoyed how the plot accelerated towards the end. The beginning was kinda a pain to watch through to be honest.

Now I'm watching zeta gundam and I'm having a similar problem. Everything is just so slow.

>started watching Touch
>as expected of Adachi

It's 100 episodes though. I'm thinking about rewatching Patlabor.

Recently watched Venus Wars. It was great.

HnK?

Flash wasn't bad, but it's pretty far removed from the original Go Nagai conception

"Moe anime" didn't exist.
Bishoujo was made for girls and had a secondary male audience

>Enjoy the shit out of this movie
>see live action dvds at that movieco (some expensive ass movie store went out of business
>shieeet looks like they got the actress that looks pretty good as iria
>2 stupid comedy duo janitors because of formulaic japanese movie studio

Fucken disappointing.

it's true, japan generally doesn't do well with live action save for a handful of niches. they animate damn near anything and make it work if they really want to, but they can't do that with live action for some reason

Where should I started with 80s romcoms? I was thinking about watching Kimagure Orange Road but would it be better to start with something else?

just go for it bud

Start with Maison Ikkoku.

youtube.com/watch?v=KWee5HDnMBs

Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku, and Kimagure Orange Road are all considered the quintessential 80's RomComs.

that show really shits the bed after the first act, the fights are all samey and its pulls some absurdly retarded shit with one character's death immediately being replaced by an identical clone, the cast really doesnt develop save for crinn with some of the side characters seeming straight out of a tominio show in terms of purely illogical motivation and actions. And it would be so bad if the show didnt wind up turning into an episodic and ultimately aimless show until around the 50 or so episode mark where things of important start happening again.

the last act does salvage is mainly and almost entirely cause of the villain, but the series is more a waste of potential and victim of poor pacing than anything.

Kinnikuman is like one of those fights between children where they make up powers to counter one another constantly.

And it's fucking great.

youtube.com/watch?v=qxHgVBpKNEo
This song is incredible lol

I could not enjoy this at all

Much preferred the original, and that'a not even great

>Especially in regards to what the deal is with a-kos strength

Pay careful attention to her parents at the end of the first film, user

a.pomf.cat/telnoa.webm

>Yo Dawg, I heard you like transformation sequences, so we put a transformation sequence inside your transformation sequence so you can watch schoolgirls strip while you watch schoolgirls strip!
Does Wedding Peach ever Git Gud? So far it's easily the cheesiest paint-by-numbers Mahou Shoujo I've seen.

I've been really enjoying Hyper Police.

The MC is a cute knife wielding catgirl bounty hunter that can zap shit with pikachu style electric attacks from her two pet magic parasites.

It's a fun show, and the manga is good too.

so enma-kun?

I just finished Macross 7, and I loved it.
The ownly downsides are the painfully slow first twenty episodes and the fact that they reused animation every other episode.
Also Planet Dance being the default song.
Holy shit though, those last 10 episodes make up for everything.

>Kimagure Orange Road
Don't even watch it. It is the worst show I have ever seen. It is held afloat by asspulls and misunderstandings of the highest caliber. NOthing is resolved in the end.

It's a generic shounen/seinen battle series that happens to have a female protag. Why not Aim for the Ace instead?

I've already seen aim for the ace. I just really enjoyed the humor in yawara, and the characters

>Only Yesterday

A film about disconnected SoL segments which were never intended to have an overarching narrative, and that is over reliant on the nostalgia of the audience? Enjoy it as much as you want, I won't begrudge you, but please don't pretend you're somehow more patrician for liking something more down to Earth over the other films.

Nausicaa is honestly the single greatest comic I've ever read. Its Miyazaki's greatest work and I wish his film career didn't overshadow it so much.

>tfw ywn be a young male consort in Kushana's court

SA is not better in manga format, and i can't imagine how something longer would be better than the film already is anyway.

Who hurt you? Why do you hate good feelings?

Reminder that he criticized Charlie Hebdo for drawing Muhammad, and says people shouldn't mock cultures they're not a part of.

wtf i hate miyazaki now

does perfect blue set the standard for anime films?

>Where should I started with 80s romcoms?

Don't. Watch '90s magical girl shows instead.

What does that even mean.

Miyazaki is an old-ass crank that has lots of wacky opinions. He once said that he dreams of the day Tokyo is completely submerged under the Pacific in an interview once. Just because he's dead wrong about one topic doesn't mean I stop respecting him as an artist. The guy refused an Oscar for Spirited Away to protest the Iraq war. That takes integrity, and I know Cred Forums loves to hate on Ghibli to be le ebin bitter contrarians but I'm not going to shit on one of the few people in the industry willing to tell the truth about how far its degraded.

Hajime no Ippo is the shito

I love old dumb fanservice-y shows.

Perfect Blue is a movie, newfag

I agree it's his best work, and in my top 10, but not really the greatest in my opinion.

He's a showa-era old grump.

No shit, but if anything Kon sets the standard for anime movies, not Perfect Blue.

>I'm not going to shit on one of the few people in the industry willing to tell the truth about how far its degraded
He hasn't done that, nigger, you fell for internet bullshit. All he's done is repeat some very general criticisms that he's been making for 30+ years, and retards projected their own complaints onto him because of it.

I started rewatching You're Under Arrest; it's been years since I've seen it. It's antique, but enjoyable.

Seconding Maison Ikkoku. Watch the final movie, too.

Considering what happened to Charlie Hebdo, he was right.

>they're not a part of
but islam is french culture.

Nirvana is classic rock.

90s, because THICC

Source?

>Want to buy a quality laserdisc player for Anime
>They're all like $1000

FUCK

Is it even worth collecting Retro anime on Laserdisc?

I hope you enjoy the whole series user

What are other shows where the anime has improved over the manga?

Does Kodomo no Omocha count?

We're talking about Only Yesterday, not Yamadas. Besides it's true. Miyazaki's more down to earth films like Kiki and Totoro are also better than his fantastical ones (Nausicaa, Mononoke)

just wrap it and put it on a shelf

Ryo Saeba would get so much pussy if he didn't have Kaori there.

Touch is good.

I watched Wings of Honneamaise yesterday, it made me wonder where that Gainax went

Tomatoes.

I guess the tomato business is just too strong

Is there another show in history that gives off that similar feeling in quality for a romcom? Something where you watch the characters grow up?

I've already watched Kimagure, Touch, cross game, and yawara. I won't count Ranma or Urusei as those weren't shows where characters really grow and those are much more comedy.

Were the 80s the best time for that type of show?

Gonzo and Khara stole all their people, and then Trigger stole their next generation.

natsuyuki rendezvous was nice

Not really, Presence is pretty much my go-to example when arguing that high framerate is not the same as good animation.

I think you're confusing some terminology there. Bishoujo anime/manga/games are works whose main appeal is the presence of pretty girls; it doesn't make sense to make that for girls unless you're targeting a very specific subset. No, the fact that there's a manga and anime called Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon doesn't make it "bishoujo".

yes, it is really good. One of Isao Takahata (not exist only Miyazaki) best work.

The spin off was better.

73 the cutest
94 the hottest
2004 the weirdest

i hope that new series open the road to other remeke besides Yatterman

How was I supposed to know this when everyone uses the term wrong?

Anyway, thanks for the lesson, didn't expect to learn a thing on a mongolian basket weaving forum.

Kei of course

I am watching it too and it is pretty fun show

I-Is this considered old?

I decided to watch Alien Nine since I've never seen it, and I'm guessing this was the start of a trend of the "no noses" artstyle that became so prevalent today. The animation was pretty okay...

Currently slowly rewatching the Black Jack OVA's. They're fucking great.

Downloaded a poorly seeded 1080p rip and added subs, looks way better than the 720p one.

You do know extracting subs from the DVD and muxing them to the BD is the easiest shit.

Been watching lain. It's boring as fuck but very comfy and atmospheric, almost kafkaesque

The animation wasn't very good but I liked the characters and the story. The last episode wasn't very good either. The last sentence in the show was something like "oh yeah, fersen was murdered because he became a dick. the end" Couldn't they have made this epic story that spanned over 20 years to end on something better? Not better as in something positive but something other than what felt like a footnote. Just felt like a clumsy way to end the show by having one character explain what happened to everyone.

I have no idea how the story ended in the manga so maybe it was the fault of the source material. This felt like a show that used the original work just as storyboards and just followed it so I'm suspecting this ending was the same as in the manga. Or maybe the manga ended with Oscars death and they added all that stuff to the show. Maybe someone will tell me since I'm too lazy to find out for myself.

Great story and a great show with a bittersweet ending. It was like a good book that you can't stop reading.

Just finished the whole main series of Initial D
The plot after Second Stage sucked but the art after First Stage was almost unbearable

One of my favorite shows of all time.

I didn't read the manga either but from what I understand the manga is more marie antoinettes story not oscars like in the anime and the manga continues a whole volume after Oscar's death

what kind of faggot unironically uses the word "defo"

I'm watching it right now.
Is there a word for this kind of shoujo that's different the more atypical ordinary girl romance shoujo?

Please seed the Shin Ace wo Nerae torrent on NT if you have it.

I'm hoping it at least garners interest in people wanting to translate subs for the older shows.

It didn't use cute faces, basically.
And it's great, even though using early CG (guess they knew what they were doing), although it's weird to consider it retro.

Yu Yu Hakusho

still have 20 episodes to go but kinda on a break, got bored

How many times do you find something you want to watch only to find out its not fully subbed
>RIP

Madoka is mai waifu and has been for the last 25 years (I'm thirty).

I might look into that after I finsh the 80s anime, thanks user.

I love Kimagure Orange Road, but then again I'm in love with Madoka and have the biggest nostalgia glasses on. Just download some of the first episodes, you'll know what it's all about after three or four episodes. If you can't stomach it, don't watch it I guess.

Also the whole thing is wrapped up with two movies in the end. Second movie is with a different art style.

>He's a showa-era old grump.
Showa era best era.

It's happened for a few things.

I really want to watch the Kabocha Wine/pumpkin wine with subs and the older Yatterman and Time Bokan series that aren't subbed yet. What's frustrating about Kabocha Wine is it has a full dub of italian, french and german and with all those language options, you'd think there would be at least some pseudo subs for it.

I wanted to watch some of the old princess knight since I watched it when I was a kid (the choppy and the princess "movie"), but afaik only the four first episodes have been translated.

youtu.be/bb_8PJ4Wqjo

Nostalgia is probably the only reason I like it, too. And the music, and some of the art. And character designs.

I love the illustration book.
exhentai.org/g/182146/4f5c26749f/

Why do people in these threads mostly always post the same 10 meme anime?

the only meme anime is urusei yatsura

I guess because we're the same oldfags circle jerking in the same thread all the time.

Hnnnnnng braid.

Except you're the one using it incorrectly

There are more than 10 anime in these threads. But it may be hard to find people to talk to about the more obscure stuff? The number of old anime that a lot of people watch, but never talk about, isn't that big.

Started watching Slamd Dunk... Goddamit, why haven't seen it before!!! Only 4 episodes and already so fuckin good

Best anime of all time maybe?

Cutie Honey Tears.

It's a joke

Osomatsu-kun and Jungle Taitei were the worst with this for me. Granted Osomatsu has much more than Jungle Taitei, and more dedicated fans, but still.

and i forgot pic

>obscure stuff

It's be fun to watch more of Tezuka's old works. I can't believe people haven't subbed more of his works, he's like the Japanese Walt Disney.

>want to watch a mecha that I remember from Super Robot Taisen games
>can only find shitty subtitles for it
>dub is either too shitty or it doesn't exist

Well, I guess I lucked out finding decent subs for Shin Getter Robo, but that's not really retro.

I've also been watching You're Under Arrest, but that's pretty much mandatory viewing if you're here. It's not a super popular anime, but it did spread across a number of countries.

I like how most of Miyazaki's more contemporary films about how shitty Japan is are pretty much unheard of in the west compared to his other fantasy works.

why is it that almost no Miyazaki films have any shading

Shading is very rare in anime. Only some OVAs had it but screenshots of those same few OVAs keep getting reposted by shitposters like Paul "Otaking" Johnson.

Grave of the fireflies
>it made me cry like a baby at a friends house

>the art after First Stage was almost unbearable
It gets worse? Jesus.

>contemporary films about Japan
>unpopular
Why wouldn't they be? Why'd you care about the state of a country you don't even live in. It's movies for Japanese people, not Westerners.

Though Spirited Away had lots of it too. The big thing about Spirited Away was that it hit almost all audiences.

>Why'd you care about the state of a country you don't even live in
Because it's interesting to see the opinion of a highly prolific person in his country be one of the few to publicly criticize it.

Exactly my point, you'ld think it'd have more attention, especially Jungle Taitei knowing the whole lion king thing everyone brings up.

Here's a TV series with Shading

I think you are exaggerating, and that many TV anime have shading

From that animation filter it looks like blood.

Great taste

First Stage looks amazing plebster.

Why can't I be interested in what things were like about another country? I just thought it was funny because people here only talk about Spirited Away or Princess Mononoke but never knew Only Yesterday existed

>The main character rightfully deserved to be able to fuck Sophie at the end. One of the few bad ass MC's, speaking of that, how come there are more bad ass main characters in older anime compared to how many pussy whipped ones there are now? I liked how they were daring, ballsy and willing to take risks. Something which rarely happens these days.
Blame the self-nsert MC bullshit

Finally watched Belladonna, fantastic movie.
There was more creativity in this alone than in most of the 12-24 episodes series I watched.

>Jungle Taitei knowing the whole lion king thing everyone brings up

I used to love Lion King, but I can't watch it anymore knowing that it's blatant plagiarism. I could probably have watched it if they'd acknowledged that they'd borrowed (or mostly ripped) from Jungle Taitei, but they just out right deny it.

Imho Lion King should have it's Oscars revoked because of plagiarism.

Thi is Oh!Great first work?

Which Dagumi would u race

Download Kare Kano because meme face.

Don't go post her on Cred Forums.

I like it because it reminded me of Maison Ikkoku, but just not as good.

Ending was retarded lol. Neat movie though, I was privileged enough to see the restoration in theatres. Quite a treat, certainly one of the most interesting old features. The music was killer.

I watched "just" a 1080p rip so I'm a bit envious.
I don't think the ending was retarded but that's open to different opinions.
Agree on the music, definitely one of its strongest points.

Once the blurays are released I think I'll pick it up. They did a great job with it. It's honestly amazing how Mushi Pro trusted a bunch of gaijin with the original film.

> only yesterday a miyazaki film
Lurk for two years and watch at least 400 anime before posting here, otherwise you'll pass as the idiot you are.

Kill yourself, autist.

> Only some OVAs had it
How many pre-2000 shows have you watched please? Two?

Totoro of course.

Probably going to pick it up too once it releases in Europe. Don't really get why the US gets it 5 months prior but hey, better than nothing.
Hope it sold and sells good, because it would be great if this established a trend of "cult" anime restorations

who bubblegum crisis here?

Agreed! There's so little knowledge of pre-Ghibli film in the West, I'd love seeing some old Toei Doga shit brought over.

why would they outsource the restoration project to a bunch of foreigners

Agreed, also Jungle Taitei still needs subs my fucking god.

I've been reading some of his edgier stuff lately, Ode to Kirihito and MW, and they're pretty good

Although I feel like MW is sometimes just edge for the sake of edge.

It was started by foreigners. They approached Mushi Pro and asked if they could do it.

Ooh, I am.

I Bubblegum Crisis.

I finished the original and Crash with a friend recently, going to start watching 2040 with him and some others next week.

I've already seen it though. I like it less overall but it's still great, has better sound design and an actual ending. And Linna actually matters.

I like schlock, though I dont even know if this qualifies as schlock, but it ain't high art to put it that way. I like things that doesnt take itself too seriously

It's very good.

Decided to finally watch Patlabor, the publishing order should be fine, right?

Bubblegum Crisis is one of my favourite OVAs, stylish, well animated and good music.

2040 really divides my opinion, I'm a Sonoda fanboy and absolutly hated the design changes, but I also love Chiaki Konaka, who is in charge of the writing for 2040. Might as well give 2040 a shot but I know the designs will piss me off

There are diferent continuities.

Early Days OVA (original) > Movie 1 > Movie 2

Tv series > The New Files

Early days continuity is more "serious" since is mainly directed by Mamoru Oshii, OVA is lighhearted, Movie 1 light serious and Movie 2 just go full political-military thriller.

Tv continuity is a SoL buddy cop with some action series akin to the original Early Days OVA

I would say all continuities are good, just depends on your mood

Where do you guys download torrents of old shows if they're not on nyaa or bakabt?

animebytes

Not him but I didn't know this. I'm going to have so much fun.

I don't mind the Patlabor OVAs or movies but I like the series better.

Tell me why tell me why

Wait, I found 3 movies. Movie 3 is after movie 2, I assume

Someone should make an edit where it says "We're leaving this thread" and "Bait" and "Nope" or something.

this. but there's only a few shows I haven't found around that I've only found on animebytes.

I wish they had continued the OVAs, they told the story better than the manga. The manga tried too hard to make it unnecessarily confusing.

Is Ranma half retro?

Not to mention the super cute loli grew up to be ugly.

For me I guess anything with cel animation is retro. That's more or less my division.

We don't talk abouy Movie 3 in this household user. Movie 3 is chronologicaly between Movies 1 and 2 but is kinda of an anomally, almost none of the original cast is present and its not Oshii directing, you can skip Movie 3 IMO

for me it's just what I perceive is old, usually it's stuff in the early 00's, 90's and 80's. I don't care about some special snowflake from /m/'s definition that retro is only for stuff before 1980

>animebytes
Can I look up somewhere a list of what they have?

It's a private tracker, so I guess the answer is no. You can probably get an invite if you hang around /r/anime though.

Probably not, I'll do a quick check if it's just a couple things. It's really easy to get in though, just fill out an application.

I've been meaning to check out this anime so I just listened to both of the voices and I do like Miyazawa in the dub better, but it bothers me how all the little captions and onscreen text don't get subs. I'm conflicted.

I buy English language DVDs and VHS.

That's actually how I find a lot of new stuff; it goes for stupidly cheap, especially the VHS which are normally like $1 or $0.25 a pop. So I'll buy stuff that looks mildly interesting and watch it blind.

Good times.

Hyper Doll. I wish they'd translated volumes 4 and 5 of the manga.

Ideon is pretty great

This show is dumb but great.

I either need to learn moonspeak or Italian if I ever want to watch it, so I've started on moonspeak.

It's actually pretty weak for a Tomino show, weirdness aside.
But Be Invoked is worth it.

I really enjoyed that show when I watched it recently.

Watching the entire gundam franchise starting with universal century

The first third of the show is a bit slow but once you get past episode 14 you're hooked
At least that's how it was when I marathoned it with a friend.

Yawara's design is so cute but I can just barely sit through an episode. I think there are way too many episodes for me to get into.

>people praise Urasawa for drawing unique faces for his characters
>Yawara, Miyuki, Keaton's daughter, Anna, Kanna all look the exact same
What did he mean by this?

Star system

Been rewatching the unloved/forgotten third show of the 90's big 3 space westerns anime

> And before anyone ask's, yes the only reason I started watching it again is this thread: on /m/

ftfy

The pacing is pretty damn uneven, even for a Tomino show.

>Outlaw Star
>Unloved

Nigger please

Outlaw Star was one of my first anime. I watched it more than fifteen years ago, probably nearer twenty years ago.

To be honest I don't really remember what it was about.

I've somehow managed to play both versions at roughly the same time, with dub audio and sub visuals. This is probably tougher than it needs to be but I'm not sure how else to go about it.

What do you mean with meme anime?

he means that he's

>the 90's big 3 space westerns anime
Which is the third one, assuming the second is Bebop?

Watched Shin Takarajima yesterday. It was decent, typical 60s Mushi Pro/Tezuka. Animation was pretty decent for TV, like a consistently above average Tetsuwan Atom episode. Story was kind of rushed. I liked how it makes use of the animal characters to express its message.

Haven't gotten far into Tetsuwan Atom, but so far Rintaro's episodes are above average but not amazing, Yamamoto Eiichi's tend to be darker in tone and poignant (which I like). All my favourite episodes are his, except for episode 1 (directed by Tezuka). Unfortunately he stops directing episodes after episode 77. Still haven't seen any Tomino episode. Not sure if there is any other director to look out for. The Studio Zero outsourced episode (34) commentary is interesting, glad it got subtitles because it's pretty hard to understand without.

Trigun I guess.

Thanks. Weirdly enough, I forgot about it for a while and remembered Outlaw Star.

I mean, that's pretty obvious, considering all those "retro cafes".
But no one uses the term like that so I don't bother either.
It's like how moe doesn't mean what 90% of the population on Cred Forums uses it for.

You should rather call it vintage or legacy I guess. Or eternal. Eternal is fine.

I really like vintage style stuff. All my guitars and basses are kinda vintage, and I drive an old Mercedes.

I recently watched a few episodes of Tylor again and I still love it. Also, holy fuck, the OP song tingles my nostalgia bone so hard.

best sport manga ever.

Probably because Outlaw Star gets threads semi regularly, and be it only for the "what is thy desire" meme threads. Also the OP and ED gets regular mentions. Out of the 3 space cowboy series, OS is probably the one where I get most easily into the mood for a rewatch.

>TV Tylor

Fucking god tier

I love how they never really answer is he's a lucky idiot or a secret genius.

>OVA Tylor

Eh.

Episode 3 and I didn't expect to be tearing up. I'm also really loving the expressions. I'm a fan of earlier wacky Gainax since it knows when to be quieter - Panty & Stocking is the craziest I can go and everything by Studio Trigger is just "eh" for me.

Finished the ace wo nerae movie
Holy shit those last 30 minutes are gold
Is munakata dead?

Yeah, the OAVs were kinda bad. Luckily the tv series stands well on its own. To this day I love the portrayal of his live well and let live philosophy.

>Tokimeki Tonight

my nigga

this is nice meem with nice doubles

I remember trying to read the manga after the anime. Holy fuck, the author should have begged Anno on her knees to improve her shitty shoujo pap. It quickly turned out to be shittier than I would have imagined, with her trying to "heal" darky darkster's blackened soul. I fast forwarded to the end and I think I blew a gasket when that dumb bitch of a main girl got knocked up by accident and thus gave up her university plans to be a mother. I wish I could hate the author bald.

ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA!

I've still gotta watch the film. But I'm kind of putting it off because I know S2 isn't subbed so I'm not in a rush.

Been watching Hana Yori Dango, and it's very enjoyable. There really isn't great romance anime like this anymore.

I love Hana Yori Dango OP, put it in my backlog but never bothered to watch
youtube.com/watch?v=RvZ_f9umldU

I was just happy I got more of the princess. Though I had forgotten most of the show when I watched the OAVs, there was like ten years between watching the TV series and the OAVs. I didn't know there were OAVs.

That reminds me that I should watch the Vandread movies.

If it makes you feel better, it's revealed she becomes a doctor later on.

>doctor later on
>long work hours
>no life
I wish I could go back to high school and pick a different job. Or that I'd dropped out in Uni. I don't want to work ;_;

I watched Monster and didn't like it because the ending was vague and edgy and twin peaks type shit

>Heil Hitler!
Legitimately what the fuck did he mean by this?

Zeppelins were invented by the Germans.

Earl Gabriel did nothing wrong.

12 kingdoms is my comfy retro go-to

I JUST DANCE IN THE SWEET MEMORIES
youtube.com/watch?v=P2g7tddHZ8E

I'd wish someone would put the second op on youtube.
Found it on dailymotion, but I'm not allowed to post it here.

youtube.com/watch?v=uTuMK-ZMPVY

The most retro anime ever created

i love this b8

youtube.com/watch?v=iamsNgUJmsU

How the fuck did Anno do it?

that's the full version though. i meant the tv version. also with better quality.

Read and watch Kyuukyoku Choujin R .

When I'm a rich-fag I promise all of you I will pay translators to translate the forgotten animes of the past. And have them free to see on the web

>Become a richfag
>Old anime license is cheap as fuck
>But every license avaliable
>You now can sub, dub, watch, distribute, screen in a cinema whenever you want

Did Genesis Survivor Gaiarth ever get a BD remaster? It's wasn't really an example of high storytelling, but I rather liked the postapocalyptic setting and imagery.

PA PAYA PA

>animes

Anime, when used to refer to Japanese cartoons only, is an English word and follows English pluralization rules.

What, you dont like humor user?

I'm pretty certain animes is the most correct plural form. Just look at one of horriblesub's torrents, it states that the plural name is animes. As horriblesubs is the fansubber that subs the most animes, they kind of decide the norm I think.

wow somebody actually filed a copyright claim on california crisis

Trigun and Genocyber.

CA Crisis BDs when?

Watched Please Save My Earth years ago on the local public access channel(along with Key the Metal Idol and a bunch of Ranma and Uresei Yatsura) and I didn't remember much except people on the Moon reincarnated in Japan and lots melodrama.
Rewatching now and it's not bad. But fuck is it one of the most melodramatic things I've ever seen.

W-what?

I would love a BD realese but it almost impossible BUT, if what is true, maybe someone bought the rights? Or are they planning to do a re-release?

Great film. I've also been looking for Eiichi Yamamoto's A Thousand and One Nights and Cleopatra for some time, but no luck.

I really liked that anime, and it's one of my most wanted full adaptations. If only Kyoani would buy the rights to it!

I wouldn't put too much stock in Youtube copyright claims. There are too many auto-claiming troll bots who make false claims, especially on monetized videos to skim off other peoples' hard work and get away with it because YT is too bloated and convoluted to deal with each claim individually in a timely manner.

Can't argue with that logic

You mean no luck in downloading?
They can be found pretty easily on nyaa and bakabt.
I downloaded them myself a couple of weeks ago.

>deers
>fishes

I enjoyed Guyver to a degree but Genocyber was just boring.

The only problem is that Japanese words don't have plural forms. Adding "s'" at the end of words is sort of an English thing, so adding an "s" at the end of "anime" would be like shitting all over Japan's culture.

You xenophobe.

I've just watched the 1001 Nights two parter episode of 999, quite fun.

I think you'll be fine watching the movie as it wraps up the first season well. The Second season starts out with some of the end of the movie.

imgur.com/a/VacYw

No luck in downloading I meant.

Animé is a french word which means animated. It was borrowed into Japanese to mean cartoons. It was then borrowed into English to mean cartoons of Japanese origin only.

What are you even on about?
I can name plenty of TV anime from pre-2000s that use shading, there were especially a lot in the 90's, but even in the 80's there's anime like Ashita no Joe 2, Patlabor, or Yawara that definitely made heavy use of shading.

bakabt.me/torrent/167740/senya-ichiya-monogatari-a-thousand-and-one-nights-arabian-nights-h264-480p-orphan-tophf

bakabt.me/torrent/168788/cleopatra-cleopatra-queen-of-sex-1970-h264-orphan-tophf

this two are good releases and have enough seeders (they downloaded pretty quickly for me).

>panese words don't have plural forms

tachi

Anime is short for japanimation.

you need to use white listed torrent programs to download from bakabt though. i use deluge.
deluge-torrent.org/

I use uTorrent 2.2.1, the latest decent release before it went to shit. I recommend using that.

Anime is a Jewish word which means "Save Israel you fucking goyim". It was borrowed into Japanese to mean brainwashing propaganda. It was then borrowed into English to mean cartoons that turn you into a neet beta only.

Thanks senpai

you are welcome user