So by now you guys have probably seen the GITS teasers from paramount pictures. They look alright...

So by now you guys have probably seen the GITS teasers from paramount pictures. They look alright, but I'm not here to discuss that.

It seems fairly obvious that the superhero train in hollywood is going to run out of steam at some point. I don't think it's much of a stretch to imagine that if GITS performs well and makes a decent profit, we will start to see more anime/manga influence or adaptations coming out of hollywood. Cowboy Bebop has been in pre-production for years, but I guarantee if GITS does well we'll have a bebop movie within a year or two.

The question is this: If GITS makes money, what do you think the best and worst case scenarios for the near future are? I imagine the sentiment here is in general going to be very skeptical of these adaptations, but are there any you think might actually work? Or conversely, things that they might be stupid enough to try only to make a cinematic flop the likes of which the world has never seen?

Personally, I'd say the best thing that could happen would be a Berserk HBO series, since GOT is gonna end in a few years and they'll probably want something to fill that fantasy + tits and violence niche. Worst case would probably be Evangelion by Michael Bay, or FLCL by literally anyone.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FckkZihQUaU
youtube.com/watch?v=z64HCi2rQkE
soundcloud.com/nick_1-1/ghost-in-the-shell-stand-alone
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-24/christoph-waltz-in-talks-to-star-in-james-cameron-alita-battle-angel/.105734
flickeringmyth.com/2016/09/ed-skrein-joins-robert-rodriguezs-alita-battle-angel/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

best case scenario is bebop with a good cast

worst case is gurren lagann directed by bay

The white race must be destroyed.

The Superhero train is already on life support to be honest, I give it at most another year or two before capeshit just flops by default. Anime fandom in normalfags is steadily rising, as well, thanks to Netflix, Crunchyroll and it generally being easier than ever to find. If GITS does do well I can definitely see 'anime adaption' as a genre taking off, it'll have a VERY limited shelf-life though.

>Evangelion by Michael Bay,
I would literally kill myself if that happened.

>Evangelion by Michael Bay
>implying that wouldn't be awesome

>but muh deep, metaphorical subtext and allegories

Nah, they're just giant robot things fighting weird angel things. Michael Bay would make that shit legit.

I think the thing with anime adaptations is that there are very few series, especially modern series, that would translate for a western audience. I mean, there's not a chance in hell hollywood starts adapting slice of life or magic battle high school stuff, which is like 99% of what comes out these days. They'll probably stick with classic 80s and 90s properties until they find something else to latch onto.

You are a very unintelligent person. That's all.

These could work:
Spice and Wolf
Kaiji
Welcome to NHK
Higurashi
Detroit Metal City
One Punch Man
Wolfsmund
Another
Punpun
Bakemonogatari

youtube.com/watch?v=FckkZihQUaU

I would like to see a one punch man live action be the finale for the marvel/DC cinematic universes. Also I'm going to add Aku no Hana to your list

Good Choices user, in HBO or netflix maybe this could work:

Vinland Saga
Kokou no Hito
Historie
Berserk
Innocent
Akira

Live-action adaptations of anime = Cancer

Full-stop.

I never liked SAC

>best case scenario
We get some middle of the road adaptations target towards a general audience.
>worst case scenario
Japan starts caving in to SJWs and pandering to the western market and anime becomes yet another cesspool of political correctness.

There's no way in hell Bakemonogatari would work.

Higurashi is iffy. I feel like it only works because the protagonists are all young, and that much violence inflicted on children probably won't fly in Hollywood. An extremely loose adaption might work in the vein of what Chronicle was to Akira.

Spice and Wolf might work as a TV series but I honestly don't see it getting popular enough to get more than one season. It just lacks mainstream appeal.

>Japan starts caving in to SJWs and pandering to the western market and anime becomes yet another cesspool of political correctness.
I don't think that's likely. A bunch of manga authors (FEMALE manga authors, at that) have already spoken out against that kind of bullshit when it comes to lolicon. And the mainstream American comic book industry has always leaned left politically, so it becoming infested by SJWs was an unfortunate inevitability.

Phantom Blood, while having a movie that was apparently so bad that it never got a rerelease, would work given a budget. It takes place in England, so people won't mind white actors, and manages to tie itself up fairly well at the end, while also leaving itself open enough for a sequel.

>FLCL by literally anyone.
>now imagining Pixar FLCL

I'd watch it.

Why do people want live action shit? It's going to trash no mater what.

If GiTS actually makes money, do you think there's a chance of them adapting some of the other stuff Shirow Masamune created?

>american film directors will make adaptations of any anime series they happen to catch on television or found on the rental rack of a library ten years ago
>meanwhile all the manga that would make god tier live-action television series or films are left untouched because they'll never be published in the US

feels bittersweet

Americans always look down on cartoons. It took the most "adult" CGI cartoon possible with the most pathetic attempt at being "mature" to finally convince critics that maybe animated features don't have to be colorful happy stuff, but unfortunately this probably means that they'll probably go full Family Guy and be as edgy as possible.

goddammit Kubo spoiled me

They're adapting Ghost in the Shell the Oshii movie and subsequent TV series, not GitS the Shirow manga. You're more likely to see Patlabor than Dominion.

>slice of life or magic battle high school stuff, which is like 99% of what comes out these days

Thanks for revealing you're not actually from here. Now fuck off back to Cred Forums or wherever you came from

Why is animation so looked down upon in the West? Good animation is orgasmic to watch and is an actual art form that requires skill to accomplish.

Part of me wants to blame Disney for the cultural opinion of animation being inherently childlike, but that seems like a cop out.

Think about this, Bay is so out of ideas that Nazis are in the new Transformers

Animation in the west has always been cheap children's entertainment and that's now the reputation it is stuck with. Animation in the east isn't magically more accepted or widely consumed but it is seem as having more room for artistic expression and having more potential as a legitimate medium.

They need to be more like Edge of Tomorrow.

Just take the general concept.

Just reflavor Higurashi to take place in the American south

>Worst case would probably be Evangelion by Michael Bay
Just please no.

There's already been live action patlabor, though.

Unless SJ steps up her game after those shit performances as Lucy and Black Widow this movie is doomed to be bad no matter how great the rest of it is.

True, and it was half remake half sequel series. I'm talking about a western adaption.

what. Bay is fucking perfect for TTGL

>explosions
>tits
>one liners
>explosions
>decent mecha concepts
>EXPLOSIONS

>All this talk about the shitty GITS adaption that couldn't even get the look of the series down.
> Christoph fucking Waltz just signed on to play Doc Ido in the live action Battle Angel movie
>not a single thread

It wasn't always. Animated shorts and serials before movies used to be for everyone, and that included Disney shorts and Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies. Also the Max Fleischer Superman cartoons.

I'm honestly not sure when the shift happened because I wasn't around for it and I'm not a fucking cartoon scholar or anything.

This, and making it more "adult" or "innovative" either involves massive amounts of toilet humor or catering to SJWs. It's not wonder people want to stay away from western animation when shit like Family Guy and Stephen Universe exists.

Berserk
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fatal Fury

80s, I suppose. Not a whole lot of violent animated movies besides Transformers and Roger Rabbit, and all those other animated features probably created the stigma. The cultural gap and lack of Internet probably didn't help anime all that much, so it stuck.

Just imagine a world where all of our favorite Isekais are live-action adaptations directed by Shamalama.

It had to be before the Transformers G1 movie because the series came first and that was one long toy commercial.

>decent mecha concepts
You are on crack.

>Keanu Reeves as Spike Spiegel

>Bakemonogatari as a Western live-action
This is the worst fucking suggestion you could possibly come up with. Also, half of those aren't even remotely popular enough to get adapted.

Yeah, in terms of full animated features, there isn't too many, lots of cartoons had to be all soft and nonviolent, like the Super Friends. It got a bit looser in the 90s, went stricter in the 00s, and then loosened up again nowadays.

Either way, critics and executives think that kids won't be interested in a moment of silence or fighting, so cartoons are stuck with the same old stigma. Sausage Party won't help at all, it'll just make tons of 2-hour long weed jokes.

the only one that might work there is Kaiji

Which soundtrack should they have went with

Kenji Kawai
youtube.com/watch?v=z64HCi2rQkE

or

Yoko Kanno
soundcloud.com/nick_1-1/ghost-in-the-shell-stand-alone

We know the actual OST will be generic trash, what the fuck does the director of the Huntsmen know?

>Berserk directed by Lars Von Trier

He would get the cucking of Guts down completely

I will only a western movie adaption if they know they got the balance between relating to source material, and not pandering hard to fandom.

If there's too much lore/characters just get the premise right without being cringy. Couldn't care less or race if the acting are top notch.

>Berserk
Live action Western Berserk... so what, the Golden Age arc without the Eclipse?

>They look alright

user they look like garbage, Scarjo doesn't read as a robot, and they've absolutely ruined the visual aesthetic by trying to make it look ultra modern futuristic, when normal GiTS is fairly normal aside from machinery.

Since Capeshit is starting to see a decline recently One Punch Man would be perfectly timed and would probably do extremely well.

Most the rest of your recommendations are shit though. Kaiji is probably a good one, but it would need to be adjusted a little bit.

a lot of good anime involves sorting out personal neuroses and western audiences don't seem to have patience for those kinds of characters.

actually i think it's kind of similar socially even. people who can't hide their nervousness from others tend to like anime and not be popular.

Casca thinks and acts like an actual woman so it would never fly in hollywood.

>JoJo becomes even more mainstream and it's fanbase and by extension the anime community gets flooded with even more retards.
Please no.

>normal GiTS is fairly normal aside from machinery

Pretty much this. The architecture looked slightly futuristic (something you'd possibly see in 50 years), not the depressive overly futuristic feel I get from the trailers.

Seriously a light-bed instead of a normal comfortable bed? What were they thinking?

Kawaii, since they're trying to copy the 1995 movie.

Look guys, they can't make money on this with a faithful adaptation. It's a business. It has to conform to the conventions of what sells right now. Set your expectations accordingly.

I hope gits flops or else we get anime adaptations full of niggers with sjw elelments on the story.

>every fight scene looks like two scrapyards having sex with each other

>not hugh jackman

Reeves is more on the suave badass side rather than the ever-so-slightly grizzled that hugh jackman does with wolverine

I didn't watch the anime, neither the movie, but what I have about hollywood movies is the way they make everything dumber than it is.
shit avatar the airbender was fucking hilarious in a bad way. and aang looked like such a raging faggot.

The Last Airbender was just handled by a completely incompetent director.

I think that Marvel's Civil War movie was actually more well-written and nuanced than the comic book storyline.

Look at that smile, how could anyone say no to that smile?

> Of what sells right now

Would this be a big sell? Seems like normal movie goers wouldn't have much reason to see it other than it having Scarjo in it, and pretty much everyone who knows the original movie and has any appreciation for animation thinks that a live action version wouldn't really work.

Comics are a mess, you never have a decent starting point, they're never neatly collected, and they all contradict each other.

Imagine Naruto being written by five different people

Mobile Suit Gundam.
Do a test run miniseries portraying a group of federation soldiers surviving against Zeeks. If that goes well adapt the MSG movies. Maybe age up Amuro if you can't get a good child actor.

western audiences eat RWBY up, so they would love magic battle high school shit

would love to see a western live action adaptation of bakemonogatari just for the lulz

>They look alright
Get your eyes checked.

Do you think the US could adapt the Golden Age arc of Berserk as a movie trilogy, similar to the recent animated GA trilogy?

Why is Aramaki fat?

I feel guilty for saying this, but I would love to see an HBO adaptation of Monster

There is a battle angel alita movie coming out

Monster is one of the few anime that I think would actually work with live action, considering it's pretty standard and realistic, even finding actors to play the characters wouldn't be too hard either.

Only problem is that I can't imagine it being way more popular than any other crime drama shit that's flooding the western market these days, and anyone who's seen the anime probably wouldn't stick around through the entire show.

I fucking hate Kuroshitsuji and make sure to post that in every Kuroshitsuji thread I see, but it would work pretty well as a Hollywood movie.
>tfw no Joseph Marcell as Sebastian

You do realize they would all be westernized. I would love to see a Bakemonogtari one tho, it would be so stupid.

Did you see Park Chan-wook's Oldboy? That's a great live-action movie based on a manga.

Bake would probably be almost impossible, the material is weird enough without adding on the expectations from Shafts/Shinbo's direction style.

Kuragehime was fun as fuck.

I think Fullmetal alchemist has too much exposition, which makes for awful scenes, plus they'd have to make it grim and gritty.

HBO's Berserk would be great if they pull of the CGI for all the monstrous entities in the world, which is not possible on a tv series.

But the waifus, think of the waifus.

I was surprised that there weren't any threads about that too. Guess nobody wants to make a thread about that kind of stuff only to have it be flooded by "go back to Cred Forums" replies.

> Christoph fucking Waltz just signed on to play Doc Ido in the live action Battle Angel movie

Ffffucking what user!?!?

>It seems fairly obvious that the superhero train in hollywood is going to run out of steam at some point.

What makes you say that?
The last time the superhero train ran out of steam it was for a grand total of 13 months after Batman and Robin.

Superheros are too ingrained in modern western culture to just suddenly up and vanish.

Would just be a slideshow like the series

I feel the studios have kind of blown their load, though. There's been a severe oversaturation.

> Mfw the thought of them trying include Hachikuji in a live action western version

The entire crew would probably be arrested.

>played by Ellen Page

Oversaturation of the market, there are so many super hero movies slated to come out over the next few years that they'll only have a minuscule amount of time to get a profit that the whole thing will eventually just collapse in on itself.

See? Problem solved!

If oversaturation becomes a problem, it'll be a problem for DC and any independent comics that get movies. Marvel has a solid enough track record that if it comes down to picking between a Marvel movie and a DC movie, or even a Marvel-made Marvel movie and, say, a Fox-made Marvel movie, people are probably going to pick Marvel.

The anime that could get a live action adaptation to me are;

>Steins;Gate
>TV version Shokugeki no Soma
With less clothe bursting
>Attack on Titan
This is an easy adaptation that the japanese failed, Guillermo del Toro should direct it, he'll at least bring 1 asian chick in.
>(Fate/Stay Night) --- (Future Diary)
If adapted properly these two could be the next Hunger Games/Battle Royal

Hunger games was hunger games because the tweens could self insert as the heroine of the movie. Saber doesn't pull that

> Steins;Gate
I guess, seems like it's not really worth making though, in the west it'd probably just be seen as some kind of crappy doctor who ripoff with an unlikable MC.
> Shokugeki no Soma
> Less clothes bursting
That's one of the main appealing factors, so eh.
> Attack on Titan
Just, no, it would be so overladen with CG and crappy green screen acting that it would just feel soulless, if it failed in Japan it'll fail here. In general, it's only something you can pull of in manga/anime.
> Fate/Stay Night
Seems like non-anime fans wouldn't get into it.
> Future Diary
Talking in a large market sense, it would probably be deemed too violent to involve teenagers, they even toned down the damn hunger games in terms of violence.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-24/christoph-waltz-in-talks-to-star-in-james-cameron-alita-battle-angel/.105734

Hollywood rumors about an actor potentially joining the cast of a film aren't confirmations that he has. At this point all we know is that he might join. It's been a month since then and no new news. We'll see.

>Cameron reaffirmed in 2014 that he will not work on Battle Angel Alita until he has finished directing the sequels to his Avatar film, which are currently set to open in 2018, 2020, 2022, and 2023

That makes me very sad, 4 sequels of a shitty movie.

He's said that he plans on making avatar sequels for the rest of his life. I don't get his attachment to the series at all.

>He must be a furry.

Go back to Cred Forums you fucking cancerous faggot. This has nothing to do with Cred Forums.

>shinji is a nigger
>hol'up man, I am some fucked up shit yo
>explodes
Fund it

Dude, they are casting for the movie already with Robert Rodriquez directing, JC as producer. So the movie will prob be out in 2.5-3 years.

flickeringmyth.com/2016/09/ed-skrein-joins-robert-rodriguezs-alita-battle-angel/

Only Kaiji would wprk and that's because the characters arealready Jews.

gantz
a
n
t
z

>Westernize the fuck out of it
>Tokyo vs Osaka becomes NY vs LA
Which flavor of the month actress would play herself in the movie?

Vinland saga will finally see an adaption.

Oldboy is set it the real world and is built on the kind of themes asian cinema excels at portraying. The western adaptation was bound to fail, and we all knew that years before it actually got made.

GiTS could be done well independently but wouldn't have the necessary budget or sell enough to be profitable.

Yeah, that's why she's in it. There's no way it would have even gone into production without a huge star. Even with the brand recognition they're still only grabbing the interest of a small minority. It has to be sold as a fresh property to most people.

The fact that there was controversy over the ethnicity of a character that doesn't have an ethnicity tells you everything you need to know about the public they're marketing to.

KILL HOLLYWOOD AND WHITEY!!

>Sunrise revisits live action Gundam

It works perfectly within canon as well since there were teams all over the world. All you need is unwilling assholes hunting aliens and you're set.

This got me thinking that Dorohedoro might work better in a live action adaptation rather than an anime.

D E E P

why is she not being played by a strong independent black niggerwoman? i mean niggress? tf

keep WESTERN adapted live actions out of Cred Forums

One of the irrelevant characters (the guy with the red eye prosthetics) got turned into a negro.

i wish Scarlet Johanson never blinks in the movie like Makoto doesn't and her skin is more robot like.

Kinda like a human but not really

What are you talking about? Bay directing Eva will be exactly what it needs.

Less psychosocial analysis for dysfunctional, anorexi Japanese teenagers, and more giant robots tearing shit up

Basically live action Rebuilds?

Best case scenario: Code Geass starring Shia LaBeouf as Lelouch and Megan Fox as C.C.

>magic battle high school
ah so like Harry Potter then

>Megan Fox
Dropped

>Spike will not be starred by a jew

Full Metal Panic with Tom Cruise as Sagara Sousuke

What actually needs to happen is a Beck adaptation with the Tenacious D guys. That's their forte.

Im a bit later but why? Bay can do really good action (13 hours wasnt half bad).
He just needs some good writers and some control.

>Cameron handed Alita to fucking Robert Rodriguez while he does his never ending Avatar sequels
Pretty much lost all faith at that project. Why didn't he have give it to mah nigga Shane Carruth?

NO
FUCK OFF
GITS IS GOING TO SUCK DICKS
Anime to movie is going to be just as terrible as video games to movies.
The main points of what made each anime good is going to be discarded for "woah dude" action garbage.

God, I wish somebody revived Kubrick and made him work on anime movies. Not because of the quality of the movies, but because of his strict personality. People nowadays would work themselves up over choosing a racially diverse cast rather than working on the movie itself.

Seriously, have you seen people complain about "whitewashing" and "cast not being diverse enough"? That's just bullshit in my opinion, but if doing this is going to bring more profits to them I don't see why they wouldn't do it.

>I will only a western movie adaption if they know they got the balance between relating to source material, and not pandering hard to fandom
This

Making adaptations by committee to please the fanbase is the sure way to create a bad film that unfortunately generates a lot of hype and profits

I'm glad that Cred Forums users are clever and can see through this scam

This is what Hollywood thinks Mary Jane looks like, why the fuck would anime casting be any better

Depending on whether I like the full trailers that are going to be released eventually, I might give them a shekel or two.

I haven't gone to a cinema in ages

maybe some mid-tier stuff like Edge of Tomorrow will get made, cant really hurt anyone. I dont see any need to be butthurt even if everything will turn out real shitty

>GITS teasers
>look alright
Is this a fucking joke?

Also if anything they gonna rape more older popular series like Akira or Record of Lodoss War

Not anime but could Code Lyoko work as a movie? I know there's a shitty live action tv sequel but I'm talking full budget movie

>TFW Hollywood decides to adapt more anime movies
>TFW they adapt SAO

I've heard that SAO was actually planned to have a TV series. Wonder how'd it work. The American CG industry is not shit, but it would have a fucking big budget to make a series off it.

>4 Alicization 230 minute long movies
I'd cream my panties.

Yeah, these idiots wouldn't be happy with a new film adapted page for page from the manga with superb voice acting and made by a god tier studio. They'd still bitch about something.

STOP, thats a horrible idea.

No more fucking golden age, fuck off.

What are the chances we'll see the Major get her head bashed in in the movie?

zero

>What are the chances we'll see the Major get her head bashed in in the movie?
About the same as ScarJo being naked.

>Berserk
I don't see that working in any way. There's so many monsters in it would require a budget of a hundred million for the CG or it would end up looking like CG from shit like Hercules or Xena.
Also, I can't name a single actor that could accurately portray Guts' rage.

I still have nightmares about Dragonball Evolution, I think it would be best if Hollywood stayed far away from Anime...

Purists aside though, Edge of Tomorrow was legitimately awesome in my opinion. If your gonna do an adaptation, you have to keep enough to please the old fans but change enough to make it more accessible. Edge of Tomorrow wasn't perfect, but in terms of an adaptation that was based on a ridiculous manga but still worked, I thought it got a lot of things right. Apparently it was successful enough to get a sequel too.

>So by now you guys have probably seen the GITS teasers from paramount pictures
>They look alright
NO

FUCK OFF CUNT

Emily Blunt and Tom Cruise repeatedly getting shot in the head is enough to make any movie good desu

There's no way it can do a sequel that will uphold the premise of its own universe. I loved the movie because it was a really well done and modern Groundhog Day, but there's no denying that it falls apart almost immediately as the last act hits.

For Edge, they've kept a lot of base elements. Like main character being bad at combat initially. And Cruise had a persona for that character.

Now, say, proposed Noir adaptation was a hell of cuts and alterations, perverting themes and characters.
Like, the main thing in Noir is a relationship between Mirelle and Kirika, and it's contrasted by relationship of Altena and Chloe. And adaptation mixes Mirelle with Altena and removes Chloe, changing relationship dynamics completely. Also adds several love interests for both heroines just to dilute it again.

I liked how Tom's character slowly fell in love, then when he loses hope about saving the FMB he just goes through the battles like a savage not giving a fuck and letting the fat dude get killed.

HAKURYUUUU NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FUCK OFF SCARJO HOOK-NOSED JEW SLUT

bakemonogatari is basically twilight for males, so maybe it would work, i guess

What is wrong with you? Autism?

I wouldn't put it past them, although honestly SAO would probably be made into like a Syfy show or something

Twilight for males is creepy and disgusting to the public and would never be acceptable.

I didn't say it would be acceptable. But really twilight is kind of repulsive as well. I think the main issue is that young boys are more into robots and explosions and shit and young girls are into romance, hence twilight

Should make a genderswapped bakemonogatari aimed at chicks. Would sell millions like twilight except be actually good.

fate/stay would not be hunger games shit.

it would more like what if i told you legends from across time fight each other under a benefactor for ultimate weapon type deal

hero from across time battle it out with each other might attract a good amount of people it would be like cape shit,but more to the myth and lore of the old world

Considering absolutely every character in monogatari is fetish bait, it might sell like hotcakes. I don't know how they'd deal with Araragi being brutalised every story though.
>Stapler
>Monkey
>Cat
>Cat Electric Boogaloo
>ExorcistMan

>I don't know how they'd deal with Araragi being brutalised every story though.
Oh, that'd basically make it better for them.

Vagabond
Ballroom e Youkoso

Nah, that's not a working metaphor. Most women are naturally submissive, hence 50 shades's popularity. It doesn't work for men. Although in bakemonogatari it's really just more violent than sexual, except for maybe in crab's case.

>Most women are naturally submissive, hence 50 shades's popularity
So you are saying the woman in monogatari are submissive, so they wouldn't translate into attractive men? holy shit dude think before you type.

Fuck, I didnt follow the post chain, I was just posting on the basis of a live action normal bake, not genderswapped. My bad.

You guys do realize this probably going to be another Prometheus...a movie with stunning trailers that turns out mediocre Michael Bay / JJ Abrams / Damon Lindelöf tier pile of mediocrity.

>There will never be a live action Inferno Cop adaptation

>Beck
this would be cool if it was english/japanese but as a tv show mind you

jesus cant even remember the last time someone brought up beck on Cred Forums

not fucking one of you said hellsing as a HBO show

come on ITS SET IN FUCKING ENGLAND
>but the nazis
nah it wouldn't be a problem

I warned you about this but you didn't listen, I've been saying for years that they'll come after our Chinese cartoons and manga after the Capeshit trend dies but you all called me crazy.

The only problem is though that women in anime and manga are written incredibly well written without the help of feminism to pollute their character. They can do the whole, strong, independent woman who need no man but secretly yearns for one incredibly. I have no idea how that will even transition to a western remake of certain shows.

This must be how Cred Forums felt before Iron Man came out in 07/08 and everyone decided to become a faux nerd because of TBBT.

People complained recently about a Transformers movie which displayed Nazi flags all over Blenheim Palace, just imagine how pissed people would be seeing Nazi flags and logos everywhere in London if they filmed Hellsing there.

>Inferno Coppu
Now, this is a truly great idea.

>Transformers movie which displayed Nazi flags
wat

besides hardly any swastikas in hellsing minus the arm bands and in the blimp plus the one painted in blood the nazis get rekt who cares

We're going to have normalfags appropriate "nerd culture" even more if this shit happens, right?

>mfw 4.0 will be a hollywood movie with live action.

Nah, I imagine hollywood anime-adaption to become something similar to videogame-adaptations, IF they decide to concentrate on anime for a while.
So expect expensive turds after turds after turds on the big screen.
In that sense nothing much changes.

Would be pretty hilarious if "weeb" became the new "geek"

>I'm such a nerd now becomes "I'm such a weeb"

It would be funny and cringe at the same time. There's also the possibility of The Big Bang Theory continuing on for another decade namedropping nothing but anime and manga.

>Final scene of TBBT is a parody of the final sequences of EOE

Worst case scenario, it turns out like Resident Evil; it's shit, but normies love it.

I think Rose of Versailles could possibly work especially if they get Brienne's actress from GOT playing Oscar.

To be honest it kind of already is, I mean anime is rolled into that whole "geek chic" persona, albeit at a low power level.

>While I ton't like the humor of the big bang theorie, I kinda want to see this.
But how many Cred Forumsnons will be "dat" guy in their circle of friends who will always don't like the movie because the animu is so much deeper.

all of them, you idiot

>Elevator gets fixed
>They all ride it and become tang along the way
>Only leaving Sheldon and Penny who become giant naked Penny and Sheldon
>Sheldon is singing the NGE theme but is replacing each word with Bazinga
>The big bang is both Penny and Sheldon's giant corpses collapsing in one another as the ritual is completed

>Final scene of TBBT is a parody of the final sequences of EOE
I'd pay to see this

Akira has been in development hell for years.
Battle Angel Alita might have a chance since James Cameron wants to make an adaptation of it.

Nah he said he's too old for that already. Personally I think he'd make an amazing Vicious.

The best case scenario is that it's bad and has lots of funny scenes to make fun of. The next best thing is them shaping up and making a decent movie anyway.

The worst case scenario is that it is kind of bad or mediocre without much to make fun of. But in that case all I have to do is not watch it.

Because I think this way I think more adaptations are good because I don't get bent out of shape if they end up bad.

All jojo parts would make great movies, if you cut out all the filler.

I've always seen that vinland saga could easily be made into a show, compared to most anime and manag

more like

20 century boys on hbo?

What actor is naturally androgynous enough that they could easily and convincingly portray both a man and a woman without much effort?

Kaiji already got Japanese live action movies, so maybe.

I think the train has already sailed user. After how badly and most importantly how unnecessarily All You Need Is Kill was fucked up I don't have any hope for any further Hollywood adaptions, it followed their standard formula of dicking with things to a tee and I see no reason they'll change. At the same though it also did just fine financially, budget was $180 million and it made like $370-400 mil last I checked, so I think as far as being on Hollywood's financial radar, Japanese IP is absolutely there. They're busy running current stuff into the ground, but I don't think you're going to avoid them trying to start exploiting anime/manga/LNs/JNs as a new possible gold mine even if GitS doesn't do well.

And frankly just like Edge of Tomorrow I think that GitS probably WILL do well financially unless they utterly fuck it up. Normalfags liked the lead actress fine in other works even if lots of Cred Forums didn't, it has a big enough budget, and to western normal audiences it'll feel "different" even if they fuck things like going all plasticfuturistic rather then the actual GitS aesthetic since it'll still be a different root culture/IP and set of ideas then they're used to seeing hollywood rape up until now, and it's on the leading edge of a possible wave so it'll get a freshness bonus, deserved or not.

So right now I'm expecting something around EoT-tier, maybe somewhat better maybe somewhat worse, that'll still make the studio plenty of dosh. And we'll just have to get used to being mad until the craze is played out.

I think Attack on Titan as a full blown movie trilogy with western actors should work
The live action movies were just a cashcow

Lol

>if GITS makes money
Would anyone here seriously pay to see this retarded trash (love the original, just don't want this bitch ruining my childhood)? I really hope not otherwise I can't hang out with you guys any more.

Attack on Titan could absolutely work, and is just the type of thing that fits. The setting is already basically western medieval anyway, Hollywood is perfectly good at that. The plot is also quite universal, the antagonists fit, the action/monster elements are all good, it's not too "problematic" in any of the ways that current western culture cares about. It doesn't get insane with power level stuff or weirdness. And it is reasonably well known and popular but new enough and shallow enough (and I don't mean "shallow" harshly here) that the fanbase isn't insanely hard to please/weird like a lot of others (Eva comes with huge baggage there and all sorts of psychology/abuse issues that would make it crazy hard to pull off for example). Anyone thinking about IPs to be adapted have to remember that it needs to fit within a couple of hours, MAYBE 3 at most but even that is a big stretch. And Hollywood isn't usually going to be willing to bet on a trilogy or something up front. So any series that really depends on lots of subtle build up and character stuff is a stretch.

So yeah, AoT seems like a total gimme as much as any moon IP of the last decade.

>Would anyone here seriously pay to see this retarded trash
>implying everyone here combined would constitute even a fraction of a percent of the audience hollywood is aiming for worldwide

I know but what you guys think is acceptable matters and is indicative to some extent

That's retarded.
Go kill Bay instead.
You'd stop the movie and become proper anonymous hero.

>All You Need Is Kill was fucked up
No, not really. It was a fun movie though it could hardly be called adaptation.
More like 'slightly inspired by' because of all the changes they made.

RAPEMAN live action on HBO

Make it happen

Or an anime reboot by trigger would be fine

The best part is the irony of how much this will resemble the Matrix more than it resembles the original GiTS film.

they had to choose someone that has plently of acting experience or some copy pasta face of the major. They chose something with a lifetime of acting and a good makeup artist

The fag who played that trans and also played Stephen hawking

Well of all the things to adapt Appleseed actually makes the most fucking sense! Also there has yet to be a good Appleseed adaption.

Rodriguez is a hit and miss director. When he hits he knocks it out of the fucking park, when he misses you get Spy Kids or some shit. I think with Cameron's script if he follows it has at least a chance of being good. Gives me more faith that adaption than GITS which has the Snow White director and Avi Arad involved.

It's funny you see Hollywood trying to adapt shit that really doesn't work as a Hollywood blockbuster rather than shit like
Black Lagoon( now there is a movie for Robert Rodriguez and Tarantino to collaborate on.)
Appleseed
FMA
Cowboy Bebop( which they were trying to get off the ground at one point)
Gunsmith Cats Back in the day i thought Jordana Brewster would have been PERFECT as live action Rally Vincent.

why would anyone want anything that comes out of Hollywood?

And this
Is what Hollywood thinks Motoko Kusanagi looks like. At least "Mary Jane" can be applied to a Black girl ( this one is Mulatto and high yellow as fuck but whatever) as opposed to a White bitch running around with a name like MOTOKO KUSANAGI.

motoko is a cyborg, her body can look like literally anything

God i love that excuse. Makes me smile every time i read it! The new "But Goku is an Alien, guys!"

>they look alright