Should KyoAni stop making anime movie now that Koe no Katachi bombed?

Should KyoAni stop making anime movie now that Koe no Katachi bombed?

¥1,900,000,000 K-ON! Movie
-- ¥850,000,000 Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu
-- ¥680,000,000 HighSpeed!: Free! Starting Days
-- ¥550,000,000 Koe no Katachi (estimated)
-- ¥220,000,000 Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!: Takanashi Rikka Kai
-- ¥205,000,000 Tamako Market: Tamako Love Story
-- ¥161,817,100 Kyoukai no Kanata -I'll Be Here- Mirai-hen
---- ¥42,971,350 Hibike! Euphonium ~Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku-bu e Youkoso~
---- ¥93,040,600 Kyoukai no Kanata -I'll Be Here- Kako-hen
---------------------- Munto

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/intl/japan/yearly/
youtube.com/watch?v=0CJeDetA45Q
x0401x.tumblr.com/post/145954838199/violet-evergarden-chapter-1-part-1
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=849907
worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=55322&start=7850
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Should KyoAni stop making anime now that Koe no Katachi bombed?
*FTFY

I think the anti-Kyoani brigade might as well be the most retarded and delusional people to have ever crossed Cred Forums.

Still did better than Monigatari, tho

>Koe no Katachi bombed
What?

No. Was it good? I haven't seen it.

Nah
¥800,000,000 Kizumonogatari Part I1: Tekketsu-hen

so it did worse than moeshit, harushit and fujoshit?
big surprise

It will easily beat Shoushitsu's box office numbers.

I don't want them to. They create animation with above average to very high quality in the industry.

>-- ¥550,000,000 Koe no Katachi (estimated)
Let's see.
By Monday it had already made 411m.
I have no idea how much it made on Tuesday and Wednesday, but yesterday it made another 150m.
411+150=561m, OP, are you fucking idiot?

Only one part of the movie out and it still did better than Koe no Katachi

>it made another 150m
Source?

>what is essentially 3 days worth of tickets

good thing we have such wonderful mods to take care of them

they don't make movies, they make hour long episodes are a completely fucking pointless

Why would you adapt all of KnK into a movie?

Wouldn't it be better to make a series? You couldn't make 13 episodes out of 60 chapters?

Movies make more money.
TV series are highly dependent on ads but movies need only to advertise themselves to the right audience. And due to the fact that movies can cram as much money as they could, the result are higher quality.
Furthermore, TV series need to make a good first impression to have loyal followers whereas movies need only a decent conclusion to have a nice rating. Litterally the difference between a crude tool that never breaks and a fine one-shot that can earn you sequels and cult if you used it right

Simpsons and Game of Thrones maybe successful TV shows but there is no way they could beat LotR, Avatar, and Harry Potter

>K-ON that high
>disappearance that low
nip shit taste is true

The series was awful though.

>¥1,900,000,000 K-ON! Movie
>-- ¥850,000,000 Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu
Jesus Christ

that are released theatrically, with higher budget and production value.

in other words, movies.

Should user stop shitposting now that his troll thread failed?

>bombed
delusional leddit shitstains believe this

Where did this meme come from? KyoAnus fags are desperate.

this happened after Endless Eight. If they had done a short second season in 2007 and the movie right after Haruhi would be way higher.

Kyoani movies don't look particularly better than their TV anime though

Does this take into account inflation?

Did it beat Kokosake?

>estimated
By your ass OP?

The estimated numbers are around 1 billion. It already made 600m

>550,000,000 only just one fucking weak
findsayaw.jps
That's life time tho and see above.

Depends on the movie. The recap movies and Kyoukai no Kanata looked like tv but the others looked way better than their average tv adaptation.

>5 445 000 US Dollars
Wait a sec, is anime industry really that fucking tiny?

Monogatari beats it in plot, characters, director and quality sales. Koe no Katachi by Kyoani is like that Liberal SJW that wants you to vote for Clinton or else.

>avatar

Cred Forums shit not welcome here

Someone post the numbers for today.

>over half a billion
>bombed
I want this meme to end.

>anime
movie industry in general

boxofficemojo.com/intl/japan/yearly/

the dates are updated Sunday, so the 411 million yen from Monday would put it in place 65, the probably over 700 million yen from this whole week in the top 50 movies of 2016.

>flop

hahahaha.... nope

>Koe no Katachi by Kyoani is like that Liberal SJW that wants you to vote for Clinton or else.
Jesus, you need to get off Cred Forums asap

Looks to me like they should make a K-on!! College movie

>Keions getting smashed and BLACKED
I dont wanna see that

>Yui smoking the bong
>Ritsu playing beer pong
>Tsumugi in lesbian orgy

Just stop this threads

Never were funny and it's embarrassing at this point

550 million yen is still good, though.

Those seem to be the numbers for its first week. Not bad, at this rate it might even make 2 billion and out-gross K-On, becoming KyoAni's best selling movie to date.

What's the typical ratio for opening week/overall gross?

It's the same guy making these threads every time right?

Id bet moneey that it is

Shit, Koe no Katachi is doing fantastic and Violet Evergarden, a completely unknown and obscure LN, has a large fanbase already. KyoAni's future is bright.

>violet has a large fanbase?
Where?

I'm assuming he's talking about MAL where VEG is top 10 most hyped upcoming show

But I read in the latest kimi no na wa thread that koe no katachi surpassed the billion yen. I don't get this false flagging on their latest kino.

In KyoAni studio. They woudnt give it an award they withheld from others and have jury members cry in happiness that they finally got a masterpiece novel,.

He is probably talking about the close to 1mil view from jewtube.
youtube.com/watch?v=0CJeDetA45Q

Oh great. It's like my mom is my biggest fan.

how did it get so many views?

This.
It is the only submission that got an award. Rest of the shit like chuu2, free, knk and phantom sales were all just consolation prize winners. Just imagine what kyoani can do with the real award winner.

I thought Koe no Katachi was a series this fall sesaon?
Did I just get rused again?

It's some Shaftfag trying to cover up how terribly Kizu performed.

>Shaftfag
>implying

That is clinical paranoia right there

Embarrassing how kyoani 3months hand drawn can beat Shaft 3years hand drawn with just a single week at the cinema.

You're ao out of the loop it's unreal

A quick google search could've told you KnK was a movie. Do you not know how to use the internet?

>youtube views = fanbase

How the fuck did KyoAni finish KnK in 3 months and make it look that good?

Violet hasn't even charted on Oricon. Even LNs with less than 10k sales chart on Oricon. That's how irrelevant Violet is and will be. Hell not even a single 2ch user has bought it it seems since the only spoilers we've got come from an user here on Cred Forums.

VEG chapter 1 and 2 are translated btw.

x0401x.tumblr.com/post/145954838199/violet-evergarden-chapter-1-part-1

And yes, it seems to be really good. However also quite heavy. Happy story it seems not.

That's just the first chapter.

Though it's better written than Hibike and that's a novel. The author is definitely a keeper, they will give the adaptation their A game.

None of the KA books has ever ranked on Oricon.

Fukano Youichi drew Shouko and Ueno.

Literally who?

Moot

Since when did Cred Forums give so much fucks about sales?

You fags are moving like Cred Forums every day

>TV series are highly dependent on ads
How to spot the newfags.

Protip: Why we care about BD sales instead of viewership ratings?

That logic doesn't really follow, we have little reason to believe it won't suck.

Studio War threads are basically the Cred Forums equivalent of /ak/ threads.

Since stalker threads are a thing. They shouldn't be allowed because they don't even discuss about anime, but that's implying the mods give any fucks, which they don't.

/thread

Fucking retards, sales don't mean shit, they only mean that something appeals to the lowest common denominator.

Cred Forums is dead.

some of the KyoAni sales come from their shop that does not report back to Oricon.

[順位] [販売数] [映画作品タイトル名]
 *1 193069 君の名は。
 *2 *60076 ハドソン川の奇跡
 *3 *47549 映画 聲の形

xD you posted it again! this time it was eve n more funny xD

>Weekend Forecast (09/24-25)
>01 (01) ¥968,000,000 ($9.6 million), -10%, ¥11,225,000,000 ($109.3 million), Your Name. (Toho) WK5
>02 (---) ¥300,000,000 ($2.9 million), 0, ¥300,000,000 ($2.9 million), Sully (Warner Bros.) NEW
>03 (02) ¥164,000,000 ($1.6 million), -42%, ¥725,000,000 ($7.1 million), A Silent Voice (Shochiku) WK2

The forecast seems accurate enough.

Go fuck yourself, dumbass
>According to Masamune Sakaki, a CG creator in the anime industry, an average 13-episode anime season costs around 250 million yen (or $2 million). He also made it clear that most anime can't recoup this expense, and the industry rests on the windfall of a few big hits. In a July interview, Takayuki Nagatani, producer of Shirobako (itself an anime about anime production), claimed that his show cost 500 million yen (or $4 million) for 24 episodes. In order to make it sell, he had to "advertise it, plan events, and make merchandise." Shinji Takamatsu, a veteran animator, cited a figure of 150 to 200 million yen ($1.2 to $1.6 million). "Expecting to make that up through disc sales alone is a hopeless business model, but that's how almost all late night anime are," he writes.

Fuck, why is Ueno so delicious

>chuuni recap garbage earned more cash than Love Story

Larger fanbase to be fair.
it's not really fair

>Koe no Katachi bombed

I love this meme! XD

I wish Kyoani would make a Tamako recap movie where they remove all references to the bird. Could be ag reat way to get people into Love sTory

Too late. Yamada already moved on.

I feel the anger.

God, user stop going to Cred Forums every single day.

Late night shows have to literally pay for the timeslot. They don't get shit from ads. You fail to even understand such basic concept of the industry yet you act as if you were a master.

>Monogatari beats it in plot, characters, director
No.
At least you're right about one thing, though.

back to right wing tumblr with yee.

Who is this type of crap movie supposed to appeal to anyways? Cause I can't see boys/men being all that into it.

KyoAni needs to fire some of their fujo staff and get back to their roots.

Are you retarded?

Are you?

Yes.

Yes.

Quality sales?

Smile status: Saved
Really hope kyoani does more standalone movies in the future

Fals-flaggers aside (someone hijack the internet of these people for fuck's sake) will the movie revenue reach 1 billion Yen?

If the movie stays in the theaters long enough then yes 1.5-1.4Bil is possible. The first week was very strong for a limited release with 570Mil from Saturday to Friday.

I'd say it has a good chance to reach it. It does have some broad appeal.

even if it doesn't it has performed fine

It earned 410m yen in the first three days, why are you even asking that question? You should be asking if it'll make 2 billion yen.

>1 BILLION

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHA

It may reach 1.5 billion but 2 billion is out of the question.

Shochiku giving it too little screens, late night anime tier.

デイリー上映25分前販売数合計ランキング:20160924
順位 販売数 座席数 回数 館数 先週比 映画(作品名)
*1 196291 523945 1396 220 *90.4% 君の名は。
*2 *61527 273481 1297 238 ****** ハドソン川の奇跡
*3 *48705 123333 *476 101 *62.5% 映画 聲の形

Saturday is over.
62.5% is nothing impressive but still okay enough.
Koe no Katachi doesn't have the rewatch power of K-ON! and GuP so don't expect it to do that well.

Two billion is a very unrealistic number for Koe no Katachi now.
Even 1.5 billion seems a bit too optimistic.

Well, it's from a late night anime studio. Manga is late night anime tier as well.

>bombed
How did it bomb? That's a pretty high number. The difference between that and the movies that are above it is the fact that there was some momentum going into those movies; it was a follow up to popular series.

>Koe no Katachi doesn't have the rewatch power of K-ON! and GuP so don't expect it to do that well.

It wasn't even that good to begin with. Just critic hype.

>How did it bomb? That's a pretty high number.

It's mediocre. All hype no delivery.

They're starting to cut screenings now.

Source?

His ass

>Still among bet sold movies
of course they should do more anime

My dad works at Nintendo

Did you bother reading past those 2 sentences?

>this thread again

I don't care about any of these numbers but I'd just like to interject to say that I want to give JK Ueno a thick messy creampie during our compensated date and have her snarl out at me for not wearing a condom.

Nishiya really went all out on the designs
Ueno's highlight in her eye is the same as the manga (which is different from everyone elses)

One thing I don't get is why so many KyoAni fans tend to be SJWs.

Reminder that Horiguchi leaving is a blessing and Nishiya is their best designer.

>Since when did Cred Forums give so much fucks about sales?
Ever since 2009 when Bakemonogatari went past 50k+ sales you newfag

KyoAni doesn't do much fanservice work. Amaburi kinda got there and then Phantom World went full blown. I guess the SJW's tout them as being against the tides of constant fanservice in anime.

>They don't get shit from ads
lol
You are an idiot that BDs alone are enough to support a multi million anime project, especially when it is so easy to pirate

It's not BDs alone, there's other merch, source material sales etc.

Did you ever watch anime on a live stream as it's airing? Most of the ads are advertising the merchandise for the show or other projects by the same studio. How much do you really think ads at 2AM are worth?

Profitable enough

My point is that, while TV series have back up plans to prevent a total flop, movies have the higher potential to earn millions from a single hour show.
And this is not including the fact that TV series can be pirated readily but movie bd release takes a long ass time

Would you fuck a deaf girl?

Horiguchi had the perfect designs for Keion and especially Tamako. I miss her. Nishia wouldn't design something as cute as pic related.

Madoka was one of the most popular shows of this decade, so it could bring some decent views, it was an anomaly.
It's not called the graveyard slot for nothing, late-night anime is the equivalent of teleshopping, it's an ad in itself.

>No new doujins

Is that proof of the movie flopping?

>old man
>cute

It's offensive if you don't.

it's her father you numbnut

>hitting on her father

She did it to commemorate her father being elected as the mayor of Yawata city, you disgusting degenerative scum.

Don't project onto me, dadfucker.

>cute old men
>not cute

Your quotation literally confirms what he's talking about cretin. Lurk the fuck more.

anyone have a link to the full OST?

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=849907

thanks user!

>One week sales with only 120 theatres
>Already probably grossed nearly triple its production budget and is on pace to beat Disappearance by the third week
The real question should be why haven't they stopped making TV anime altogether to exclusively make theatrical films

Only Yamada is interested in making films

And sucking cocks

Only her husband's cock, Yamakan.

stay delusional yamakan

wtf i hate kyoani now

>Since when did Cred Forums give so much fucks about sales

For a long time now, new friendo

>"Can I cum inside?"
>No replies.

no, obviously they should just make more Haruhi and K-On movies.

Stay mad shonen shit eater

>And sucking cocks
And who's not interested? Are you not?

>The real question should be why haven't they stopped making TV anime altogether to exclusively make theatrical films
I really liked that cat episode in phantom world that had cinematic direction.
I hope KyoAni will start making more movies. Movies are fun.

She's too old now, I prefer kid Shouya's VA to suck me dry.

>Yamada will probably go on early retirement if she ever gets pregnant.

KyoAni will never be able to replace her. I wouldn't be surprised if they pour morning-after pills into her coffee every day

Yamada will die alone and unloved

>if she ever gets pregnant.
>japan
>getting pregnant

Rest easy, user

Kawanami's cat episode was too good. Hope he gets to do one in Violet.

>lost ai yukimura because muh married life

I'll die if they lose Yamada. Knowing her she would probably still work while pregnant though.

She's 31. If she's going to have kids, she should be starting now. If a few years it will be too late.

I'm kinda amazed that she has managed to do so much with her life, and she's just a year older than me. I'm just a medical doctor.

Japanese shamefur dispray aside, 31 really is a good time, physiology-wise. Once you get over 40, over even 35, the quality of your oocytes deteriorate, and the chances of giving birth to Autism de Duchenne increases.

Even Japs know that Ueno was right and that she should've won.

She probably has about a year left before she inevitable retires and leaves KyoAni to their own devices. Her biological clock is more like an alarm now.

I didn't even finish reading this manga. Did deaf girl win?

No one else was actually in the race.

I was referring to MC not sperging out or the manga ending with some retarded implication.

It's kind of implied that they'll get together at some point, but nothing more.

Two days ago I saw Koe no Katachi movie at Toho Cinemas in Fuchu city, Tokyo.
I am a big fan of this manga.
But I was really disappointed at this movie.
It's not worth watching at all.

The second part of the manga was straight shit. If KyoAni removed it then the movie is worth watching it, even more than reading the whole fucking manga.
If you think otherwise then you have pretty shit taste and you should feel ashamed.

Good, I thought the manga was garbage past volume 3. Hopefully they fixed it.

Bueno

I was asked that question long ago, user.

I would destroy deaf pussy

worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=55322&start=7850

Kimi wa also doesnt have the rewatch power yet its killing it at the theater.

It totally does. Kimi no na Wa is a very upbeat and comedic movie, easy to digest like any Marvel capeshit movie.

Stay delusional.

Where's your timestamp faggot?