youtube.com/watch?v=732rgWdGGms
rt.com/news/358998-korea-pop-music-speakers/
mega.nz/#!qYQlhJBI!cvLMoXoHyEUFdgIftNS8BSWdmjGvqT9i2b9tKXz18j8
youtube.com/watch?v=_4R0JijjR70
youtube.com/watch?v=ADN0H6MREHA
strawpoll.me/11296084
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ITT: Shows that shit the bed in the second half.

Kabaneri?

Delta shit it in the first half and then went to sleep in the shit during the second.

REMOVE KAWAMORI
MAKE MACROSS GREAT AGAIN
IT WORKED FOR AQUARION

This show might've been better if every girl not named Freyja wasn't complete shit and the windermere faggots were more tolerable

To be honest Freyja is the only reason why I still watch this shit.

Plenty still do, OP you're just a faggot.

Posting third best girl.

>GIRI GIRI AI

I wish they played Ikenai Borderline more.

Most of us are waiting for previews. Might not happen though.

Kaname is fine, nigga.

Literally the only intolerable windy is Bogue. Everyone else is fine.

t.you

Reminder that the previously realistic gritty pro-war masterpiece Macross has been degraded into "Idols in space", it has fallen to the otaku pandering market and instead of being a stalwart for us manime fans it's now closer to AKB0048. Remember to support Sunrise and the upcoming gundam to show japan we like our pro-war realistic space operas and wont stand for our cherished long running masterpieces to be savagely devalued like this. First it was Macross, Next it'll be LotGH unless you do the right thing.

>Macross
>pro-war

Are you retarded?

>macross
>gritty

whatever you say bud

I'm pretty sure you guys were baited. Its a bit too obvious. Though there's literally /m/ retards that think that

I'm supposed to be horrified like Heinz because a bunch of assholes exploded themselves? My face was Roid's during the scene.

This. The twins are furniture, but I liked how one tried to sell Keith a love potion.

He just want his friend to get laid.

Bullying Keith should be illegal.

I would have liked them more if they bothered to remember they were both playful bullies and jew merchants.

He probably didn't intend for the NUNSfags to blow themselves up so he was caught off guard.

I want mikumo and keith to make children

Of course he didn't. When he sang, he put people under his control and forced them to surrender or get them to work for them. It was when var was out control they got apeshit.

That's why Voldor and Sandnigger planet was taken without resistance and no losses (after he finally controlled it).

He's not into toddlers.

I love Kaname.

no preview pic?

>Shows that shit the bed in the second half
Clearly I dropped it at the right point then. I just could not bring myself to care about the characters and Walkure are easily the worst idol group in the series.

Kabaneri shit the bed three episodes in, but it wasn't fully confirmed until zombie titan.

>literally posting lewds of 3 year olds

delete this

Don't think we'll even get one for the final episode.

Forget the series, Walkure are the worst idol group in a currently running anime.

Their songs are pretty great though, I can't stand other idol songs with "hai hai hai" and seacat sound.

Album leak is here

>bilibili.com/video/av6396593/

They've got two, maybe three good songs. Their 1 great song is actually a Mikumo solo.

YES

meant for

Hopefully the movies fix it like frontier

Well, it really hasn't got the following Frontier gathered, has it? It doesn't feel like it has, so maybe it won't even get movies.

Maybe it's just gonna be moving on from this one on to their next non-macross anime

They should cut the love triangle out or put either KumoKumo or Keith in the triangle instead of Mirage.

Also, Bogue, Arad, Messer and Kaname are fucking waste of time.

Fucking based

Hear The Universe

Fucking gori gori hoina.

NOBASHITA YUBI WO

>no DYRL until final episode is aired
It's bonus track, it won't play in anime.
I hope whoever uploads it on torrents won't be such a faggot.

>God Bless You
>Hihi今日はぶっちゃあ嬉しかった
>皆と一緒にいられてだいすきの歌も歌えて
>こころの中がRuneRuneでピカピカでFuwaaで風が吹いたみたいで
>それから,ううん〜 なんま [何でもない?] プレセントありがとう、今日も今までは一生の宝物!
I am a certified Miragefag, but Freyja is cute.

>Absolute 5
THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

Where to download?

They actually released God Bless You as a Freyja solo instead of a Mikumo/Freyja one.

Thank fucking Jesus because I personally take God bless you to be HayaFre's song.

Same.

How early should I expect dubs out? I'll be avoiding this place until then since I'll be at work when the last episode airs.

Earliest subs come out should be Sunday night.

Silent Hacker is even worse than Walkure's Birthday song. Poor Reina, she doesn't deserve it.

Anyway, your top 3 songs from new album?
Mine are:
Junjo
Hear the Universe
Absolute 5

Well shit that's gonna be nice then

Would someone please take mercy on my soul and translate this? "Yes" sex pillow is everything.

Good taste, I replaced Hear the Universe with Love Thunder Glow.

Before Delta aired, I was pretty sure that Reina was going to be my favorite character just based off her design. But man, it's not even the yurishit that turns me off. Her singing is just the weakest of Walkure.

God Bless You
Hear Za Universe

I feel like Walkure Trap is bad compared to album #1, if you remove the solo versions.

To be fair even in the show she never wanted to sing until Makina made her pussy wet.

>Kaname does the suki yo in Hametsu no Junjou Mikumo solo
Nice

>totally
>hetero

>Reina gave me a "lets sleep together pillow", so what about sleeping together?
>Like I would!
>Reina Prowleeer

Too cute, I'm dying.

>Hayate passing up on the chance to sleep with the precious Hoina

What a faggot. Delete Hayate. I'll take his place.

Thank you, user.

Nah the worst singer is her tittyslut lesbian partner.

Mikumo > Freyja > Kaname >>> Reina > Makina

last ep, user
they never talked to each other

Hear the universe's bridge part is kinda meh to me. The chorus is good though.

Which character do you want to get killed off in the last episode? Miragefags shouldn't answer this question.

Roid

Kawamori

Freyja. She's cute but needs to go far far away, for Hayate and Mirage's sake

Roid will die, and will take kumokumo with him. It's a pity.

>God Bless You
>1:30
>dat freyja

>the member of windermere royal families can control the Star Singer
>inb4 keith releases mikumo from mind control

We just need a movie to let it develops futher.

Is this a waifufags bait?

This anime turned out to be quite a disappointment but I will archive EP 1 and 16 because they are 10/10.

Top 5 songs!
涙目爆発音 (Based Kaname and my most favourite song in the album)
おにゃの子girl (Teddyloid did a good job composing the music!)
God Bless You (Good as always)
風は予告なく吹く ~Freyja Solo~ (Breathtaking)
Absolute 5

>16
Yeah, the tears was delicious.

>movies
I really need them, but kawamori in a new project now

shit taste

The cycle of suffering will ends tomorrow after the final episode airs.

I'm not going for the other ones that are released in the singles which are obviously better. That would be nitpicking.

Don't tell me you don't want to watch Freyja stopping breathing for good.

>no freyja junjo solo

Fuck.

So will nothing happen in the last episode again?

yes.

Junjo feels off without frejya.

I'll keep 1-3 and 13

Here is the DL link for each track:
pan.baidu.com/s/1ge2G3rd
Password:15n1

Based Chinese overlords.

>Last episode and nobdy cares
I dropped Frontier halfway too. Its the fate of Macross. Only the SDF was good to watch fully.

Maybe next time he`ll learn and instead of needlessly long idol shit will finally make OAVs/Movies about UNvs Anti-UN war before Macross left Earth.

dont worry they'll release a movie version that'll be better

If there is a next Macross they should hire T.M.Revolution

You mean Valvrave Season 2 and Gundam Seed: the Remake

Last third of SDF was crap too.

>涙目爆発音
Second worse song after Silent Hacker. It sounds like every generic opening for anime about cute girls doing cute things. It even has this little instrumental part in the very beginning when title shows up.

Also Kaname's voice is shit. Only Freyja and Mikumo should be allowed to sing.

Can we all agree Love! Thunder Glow is the best song?

Kaname is best girl and a literal goddess and if you cannot see that you're beyond help

>Delta start
Whoa! Kawamori touches the serious topic of Terrorism ideology, spreading around like a VAR virus. Commenting on modern situation, islamic suicide bombers, and stuff.
>Delta later
yawn mind controlling buthurt nordic slavs vs pop music. Reminds of Eurovision Conteset

>It even has this little instrumental part in the very beginning when title shows up.
It should have been the OP for that Walkure origins episode
Too bad Satelight is poor studio

Torrent when?

You mean JAM project?

fear not anons
we will have macross done by the based chinamen next time

>JAM project?
MLA opening by Jam Project the best!

Hametsu no Junjou Freyja solo ver. when?

t. Messer

I think it took like 2 years after Frontier ended for Ranka's solo of Lion to come out. Won't surprise me if it happens again, though I sure hope it doesn't.

this series was literally frontier 2.0 and frontier was complete shit, this is even worse.
fuck this series, macross is dead.

Frontier was tolerable because of character interactions, certainly not because of the story.

Thats kind of he problem, without those characters working as they did ... well it amounts to a nonsensical stupid story and even Frontier had a lot of retardation on some characters to drive the nonsensical plot forward.

user doing God's work.

It's been dead since the start. I honestly don't like idols, I only watch Macross for the fight scenes.

Fucking this. Songs were hype in the beginning, now they're kinda bland.

Even Macross II was better than this.

So, will they be putting on concerts like this? Or in the fanbase not even there for it?

youtube.com/watch?v=nEhp9cHNuzs

There's one in 2017: macross.jp/delta/walkure/livepage.php

Dunno if Yokohama Arena is hot shit or not though

wait the concert dvd

Yokohama Arena is one of the largest in its region.

Soo was it better than say Frontier? That one was okeyish

animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1474629055

Neat.

>tfw Destroids are non-existent in Delta

After finishing 7 lately all I want is for space hobo Basara to suddenly appear in Delta in his beat-up VF-19 and start singing.

youtube.com/watch?v=732rgWdGGms

wew, macross mind controlling music might have some truth to it after all.

That would be great. Maybe in an OVA or something. About OIL and the cost of WHALING.

rt.com/news/358998-korea-pop-music-speakers/

>South Korea is hitting North Korea where it hurts, by blasting K-pop girl bands over the border to annoy its neighboring nemesis.

>Following North Korea’s fifth nuclear test on Friday, South Korea is planning to send a message to its northern counterparts through the medium of sound and video, the Korea Times reported.

>The army is expected to use a large block of speakers complete with a video display directed over the border to blast the people of North Korea with loud pop music and accompanying music videos. It also plans to broadcast both South Korean and international news, via speakers which can be heard from 20 miles (32km) away.

Is there a direct dl of the first album somewhere?

LISTEN
TO
MY
SONG
YOU FUCKING COMMIES

Honestly the only reason I've stuck around is for pic related.

I have a feeling I'll completely forget about this anime in a few weeks. The last episode I thoroughly enjoyed was Freyjas birthday.

Waifufags are trash and their waifus are trash.

K-pop would just make Best Korea want to nuke the south even more.

I'm not really a waifufag. I just think she's a qt and enjoy watching her do things. I'll forget about her too.

Same. Only sticking around for this cutie. Came for the spess planes, stayed for the Hoina.

>waifufags
Freyja is like my daughter. I want her to be happy, live long and easy life, find a nice guy to marry and have lots of kids. Hayate looks like a nice guy so I give them my blessing.

Only retards thought Windermere bombed themselves.

I also feel like this when it comes to Freyja. I'm like a doting father watching his daughter grow up and find someone she loves. And even though I know Hayate is a pretty fucking great guy, I still find him not good enough for her. But since he makes her happy, I will give my Freyja daughter to him. I'll trust him with her happiness.

Is Heinz sama good enough for her?

just give me my DYRL~Walkure ver.~ so i could be done with this series

Heinz failed the test when he didn't stop Roid. He can finish burning himself up for all I care.

She's so cute it hurts

>tfw I gravitate towards the cute girls in anime now and feel completely different towards them
Kinda like
These guys.

I just want to watch them grow and be happy.

so disappointed with this show.
that it got 10k sales only means they will get away with continuing such a obviously low production show.

Mah nigga, it just like watching your kid growing up. I also feel happy and proud when she got a high rank on character poll.

Well making everything as cheap as possible is modern anime trend.

I thought the final episode was tomorrow?

Loli Freyja is without a doubt the best part of this show.

I'd say "prove me wrong" but you can't.

mega.nz/#!qYQlhJBI!cvLMoXoHyEUFdgIftNS8BSWdmjGvqT9i2b9tKXz18j8

Cause the story feels like it's at the half way point in the final episode. Literally nothing has happened other than Mikumo suddenly having a personality and then getting mind raped.

>suddenly

Loli Freyja is a treasure of the universe. No wonder Immeldad made his move to secure her as a waifu for his son.

I'd watch an anime about nothing but loli Freyja being cute as fuck.

11/10 AOTY

Why isn't track #12 present in the leak?
Physical CD release exclusive?

The leak source said he/she will keep it that way until the last episode airs since it's a song we've never heard of in the show.

How nice of him. This is the best for everyone

It really isn't bad at all. Sounds kind of hype actually.

We already know it's DYRL tho. What we don't know is who will sing it. But this is better I guess, so that we can look forward to it.

Episode previews are up.

HAYAMIRA CONFIRMED

MIKUROID CONFIRMED

>Operation Ragnarock
>命懸けのライブ
Freyja will DIE CONFIRMED

CUM HISTORIA?

HAYAMIRA CONFIRMED

>Freyjafags on suicide watch

>Space battle confirmed
>Super packs confirmed

I'm at ease about the action. Now I hope for a HayaFre kiss scene to BTFO Miragefags.

>Operation ragunaroku

So it was Ragna and not Laguna all along then, so they could do "Ragnarok" at the end.

Are you expecting any announcements at the end of the episode?

S2? Movie? OVA?
24 minutes is not that much to tie up loose ends

Should be a little longer than that now. Frontier's last episode was slightly longer than previous ones.

Kawamori is working on a new show.

>Storyboard: Kawamori
Last episode is confirmed to be powerpoint presentation on history of final battles.

It doesn't really say anything new. It says the NUNS 47th fleet carrying dimensional weapons was destroyed so that the final battle on which the fate of humanity rests on is now in the hands of delta squad and walkure. The life on the line Live is about to begin

Storyboard by Kawamori = Mecha action for every Macross.

and said life is called operation "ragnarok" like

Too bad that battle will be small because
>lol NUNS fleet nuked itself

So, will the windies be punished for making all this war, or only Roid, the big badie-in-glasses?

Kawamori made Basquash after Frontier TV but before Frontier first movie.

Satelight's animation team would probably die if they didn't destroy NUNS fleet in episode 25.

Zero & Plus's battle were on a small scale..

Both were OVAs with generally better quality of animation. Especially Plus.

What i wanted to say is that it doesn't need to be on a big scale battle in order to be great whether it's an OAV or not.

>who will sing it
Walkure.

>trusting Kawamori
In 2nd half of Delta Kawamori was behind storyboard 2 times:
episode 14
episode 19

WHEN

DOES

THE

EPISODE

AIR

It does. Delta's choreography sucks compared to Zero and it has no hand-drawn animation to compensate. Make it big at very least with ton of shit-to-ship combat.

You will be punished for asking this

>ton of ship-to-ship combat
It's gonna be a 4 vs 5 battle with Macross Elysion and Sigur Valens in support.

Maybe they'll throw some moments of grunt competence. It happens sometimes.

Oh yeah forgot about them

in 22hours 30minutes

>anime birthday songs in general

Also screw some of you people, Silent Hacker is great, if there's a weak link as far as singing in Walkure goes it's Makina.

>no final battle walkure outfits in preview

this is bullshit

>Kaname says suki yo instead of Reina in hametsu no junjou
Thank god

>hayate's gimmick was supposed to be dancing
>he's shown to be good with the battroid mode due to his previous jobs
>never fucking does it

And no Makina in preview too.

But we all know that Makina an Mikumo will join rest of Walkures, they will switch to ultimate battle outfits and sing the final song together.

Final battle ends with Hayate dancing Super Bass by Nicki Minaj. Understanding achieved. Aerial Knights and rest of Delta Platoon join in and they bust out sweet Valk dance moves to Thriller.

i wish this show wasn't so meh because Freyja is a fucking miracle of the universe
If she retroactively replaced Mylene on 7 it would have been a masterpiece

>replacing Mylene in 7
It would have been fukin weird.

>Freyja replacing Mylene in Macross 7

Fuck...

Best Boy Gamlin
Best Girl Freyja
Best Autistic Music Boy Basara

KAWAMORIIII

Even with Freyja the romance still would have been boring as hell.

I care eat a dick

I care

>see this
>panic
>it just a battroid

Came here to post this.

>good songs
>there best song is a rip off song

which one of the moonrunes do i click for download onii chan

Why would you even want romance when the antics that Freyja, Gamlin and Basara would get up to would be amazing?

You're wrong user, best girl is Gamlin.

As if you could actually expect a substancial post from HayaMira shippers.

You could literally have a screenshot of Hayate looking at a rock on the ground and Mirage in the same frame 50 meters away, just staring at Hayate and they would scream HAYAMIRA CONFIRMED!! FREYJAFAGS ON SUICIDEWATCH!

Not rock n roll enough
not a good pilot either.

This, you got it all wrong.

>not a good pilot either.

Freyja is a Windermere, she fucking rides the wind. You could just teach her the basics and her Windie OP would kick in and do the rest.

Mylene is a legit jenius.

Only Roid and probably Heinz. Why would they need to punish the entire population for the actions of a couple guys? Zentradi were given love after killing a few hundred of the SDF-1's crew.

>make asspull-y show even more asspull-y
user always knows how to shit on decent show.

I know. I'm all for Hayafre but I thought it would be funny. Sorry hehe!

Mylene's a Jenius
Freyja's a Windermere

They'd be about equal. But who even cares. It's all just headcanons. It would've been fun though to see interactions between Gamlin, Freyja and Basara since I find them to be very likeable.

Freyja and Basara would fag over music
Freyja and Gamlin would get up to the stupidest things

The "there's still [x number of episodes] left! She could make a comeback!" just looks embarrassing now

"There's still 5 minutes left, she could still make a comeback!"

stream link? for tomorrow

>the fate of humanity rests on is now in the hands of delta squad and walkure. The life on the line Live is about to begin

>but it's just another Delta Squad vs Aerial Knights
Welp, not sure what should i say anymore.

Seriously why you guys still falling to shitposters baiting?
Really, i'm very sure it won't end even this show ended, best you should do is ignore it, same for bashing any other characters replies.

Oh, that animator who draws the Windies with ridiculously detailed hair is back and they are going to draw Mikumo too this time. Great.

Miragefag here, do you actually think i want Freyja die? nah she's good, and don't mixed up shippingfags with characterfags, they're different group of people.

They only person i can see will die and hope he will die is Roid, yeah i don't even think Mikumo will die because bunch of live concerts is waiting JUNNA.

>They should cut the love triangle out
Could make it better.

>or put either KumoKumo or Keith in the triangle instead of Mirage.
Nope, Kawamori want Freyja wins, whoever you put in the triangle, he/she will just become another Mirage.

Is there a reason my computer can't identify the file type of tracks 7 and 11? Everything else is MP3

>i'm very sure it won't end even this show ended
You sure people will still open thread for this show after it ends?

I have no problem with either of those songs

I've been watching all kinds of mecha anime over the years, from Gundam Zeta to hits like Gundam Seed.
Never in my life have I felt an energy in the building like I did when Macross Delta first came out. It was next level shit, like a mild psychotropic drug induced state. Kawamori had complete unfettered control of the otaku the entire time, like some weird spazzy anime director pied piper. It was amazing.
You just have to experience it for yourself in person, I cannot do it justice with words.

I WANT TO MAKE MIKUMO INTO A MOTHER

It's like waiting for Bleach spoilers for the final chapters.

>Miragefags will be BTFO in last episode
I saw something like this since last week, question is, are they even Miragefags? i mean, are actual Miragefags still watching this show at all? i'm not really talking about triangle here, because she hasn't do anything unique to let people remember her, maybe it's writes fault, but still, i can see Miragefags already dropped this show.

Strange, they open in VLC and firefox for me, but not audacity or foobar2k.

that's just Macross in general I mean the Frontier movies especially the second one are amazing

>Macross Delta
>amazing, or even it's good

No.

I am in an emotional state now after listening to Frejya's words in her song God Bless You. It made me feel gori gori and I feel compelled to share my thought with you all.

I know Delta isn't a good series as most of us would expect even I myself is quite disappointed. But to part with a series that is going to end which is released once in a while made me feel really sad.

The times we spent here discussing about related topics, bantering and bickering with each other about our respective waifus in these Macross threads is what I believe that made the experience fulfilling and memorable.

I'm not sure how long are we going to wait for another Macross series to be released. So I hope everyone will just come watch the final episode and let's enjoy our last moments together as the series comes to an end.

Don't worry, most people including you will forget this show in 7 days later.

Speak for yourself.

Not him but I won't really. Seeing as I'm getting the BD's.

What a money wasting decision.

> The most interesting part of the discussion comes around the 14 and a half minute mark, where they note that “Hametsu no Junjou” is something like an answer song to “Ikenai Borderline.” As a pair, they are songs that show JUNNA-chan’s growth.

why are you so butthurt user your favorite anime is shit? o are you one of those old guys that say this isn't muh macross

I'm not butthurt, just feel sorry for you about wasting money, i rather buy im@s if i have to pick a idol show.

good for you!

see? you can do that, I don't like im@s but I'm glad you enjoy it

don't be a dick

Who's going to be dumb enough to sing up for the next Kawamori's Chink disaster after the disappointment of Delta?

You're in Cred Forums, why would you expect people not replying you?

I don't even know what that is, nor am I interested to find out.

Delta still has decent sales.

given the commercial success Delta has enjoyed, I don't think he has to worry

inb4 meme replies

When I read Giraffe Blues's lyrics it's no wonder that song is more or less Delta's Aimo, since its lyrics are about being left behind by those you love, and also how one cannot do things alone. I mean, it makes sense why they chose to use that song for Hayate vs. Bogue in ep 8 and the crater in ep 23 (because Bogue feels like he was left alone and doesn't really know what to do about that except get revenge/justice) and Messer's funeral and Kaname trying to reach out for Mikumo (because both tried to isolate themselves from the rest, and well, Messer's death and all that).

In the end many of Delta's lyrics are well-thought.

You should say it's enough success for making a movie that rewrite the plot.

...yeah, there will be a Delta movie right? at least one?

With how big Delta's cast is I don't think it would do good in movie form. In Frontier's movies, for example, I missed Ozma's and Brera's development (but anyways in F TV the cast overall was pretty weak except for those two and the main three).

>tfw Delta was shit

FREYJA IS A MIRACLE
MIRAGE IS A TRAGEDY

>MIRAGE IS A TRAGEDY
She isn't.

I finished....

I did it...for her

for some reason I can't get myself to care about Freyja

based

She's generic genki girl, now with hairboner. Too bad she's the only character in Delta.

butthurt?

Well that's just you. The majority of us do.

How do i get asspained about generic characters? It's a cartoon.

the majority of us stopped watching weeks ago

Says every miragefag

Son that's incorrect

>us
Then why are you here?

The only thing you need to make 7 god-tier is bump up Mylene's age so she isn't such a brat and can actually hold her own next to Basara. Then again, the Protodevlin would probably overload on all the Spiritia making the battles too easy.

Threads are fun, though a bit dead. It's final episode and no hype. Something is very wrong with Delta.

I miss when Delta was good.
youtube.com/watch?v=_4R0JijjR70

But wouldn't it only focus on Hayate and Freyja if it was allowed to ditch the love triangle? That's good enough. They could also focus more on Keith and Heinz along with Roid as a replacement triangle. It can work.

We've pretty much discussed everything we had to discuss. All it really boils down to now is a bit of singing, fighting and understanding.

More like there's nothing to discuss. Plot is very simple and straightforward. And almost no tension for 25 episodes sans Messer's death.

But North Korea has their own band.
youtube.com/watch?v=ADN0H6MREHA

NK vs SK song battle when?

All Macross have stupid plots. Macross' stories never sold, it was either spess planes or idolshit. Frontier sold because of Sheryl and Ranka, not because of how "brilliant" the convoluted Vajra plot was.

Plot was always stupid, but Delta has no tension whatsoever. Feels like nothing really happened. And self-destructing fleets are lame.

For you maybe but like other user said, most of us want to know what will happen to Freyja and Hayate. Keith and Heinz too.

There will be your typical UNDERSTANDING and lifespan fix. Maybe Roid will die.

>if it was allowed to ditch the love triangle
The show already did that and it's was still all over the place.

>lifespan fix
(lol

That's what happens when the writers suck on the antagonist side far too much.

They did that with 7 and 7 was hot garbage.

They could have copied Yellows. Instead they gave us boring fujobait. Why the fuck Bogue or twins are still alive? Not-Yellows are supposed to be fucking ded by the final mission.

>The show already did that and it's

No it really hasn't until last episode. They wasted several minutes of screentime for other characters and dragged on Freyja's suffering to try and keep the triangle alive.

What if there is no lifespan fix? What if Kawamori gives us some bullshit ending where Freyja survives but with even less years left? Even worse, what if he fucking kills her?

Someone needs to send this video to Kawamori.
This is ideal scenario for next Macross. It's basically like AKB0048, but instead of no fun allowed government forces we have these incorrect/fake idols who are used for propaganda of their shitty regime. And then main characters would be proper idols trying to bring freedom and democracy. This way we could have both VF and song battles at the same time.

7 was great and Sybil and especially Gigil were great and Gavil and Gepelnich were fun. Also, Roid is far more interesting than space bugs or Grace who was pretty one-dimensional.

Then all that romantic build up followed by nonstop suffering that Freyja has put up with was for nothing. She deserves a happy ending after all the shit she's been through. Only 15 years to live, singing against her own people, being called a traitor and a spy, finding out her love is Hitler's son, hurting her love with her songs, and now she's got even less years to live. Killing her off now would ruin the show.

>suffering
>i cant sing lol
>but i will sing anyway
That's not suffering.

I didn't hate Silent Hacker as much as I thought I was going to

>look at me being edgy

It is if you're hurting your husbando with your singing.

Will it happen Cred Forums?

>look at me being mentally handicapped kid who does not understand the meaning of 'suffering' during wartime.

>loves songs since she was young
>songs were what helped her through the hard times when she became an orphan and felt sad and lonely
>suddenly told her songs are weapons and will cause people pain
>her song hurt the guy she loves
>lol that's not suffering

Take a chill pill, Jimmy. And stop being such an edgelord over an anime.

You first, mr. autismo.

Dumb Reinaposter.

Nice.

>bumping threads with shitty fanart only to keep them alive
Oh, how mighty have fallen.

What if Freyja survives, wins the Hayate bowl, but no kiss or hug scene?

Roid a best. I hate his guts but he's one of the best Delta characters. It's a shame that most people can't appreciate an unlikable but interesting character.

So, are we not getting an album version of Kaze Wa Yokoku Naku Fuku?

Only reason people hate the windies is because "lel fujobait". I like Keith, Heinz, Roid, and Herman. Cassim was nice too. The twins aren't exactly unlikable and it's not like they take up a lot of screentime so who gives a fuck? Bogue is a mixed bag but I'm pretty sure that's the point. He wishes to kill the MCs we like but he lost his sister to the side they support.

I can't say I hate him. He's still very human, but in a way he has lost sight of his own humanity? I mean, his obsession with Protoculture and his ambition has made him throw away his personal relationships with Keith and Heinz, and he's using both brothers, the Aerial Knights and Mikumo as human tools when you think about it. To be honest I see him as an interesting character, but I don't feel any hate or fondness for him. Still, he's one of Macross's best antagonists.

>Only reason people hate the windies is because "lel fujobait".
No.

>tfw the ending will most likely be a ending where hayate chooses no one

Grace in the tv series was a despicable human being and one-dimensional but lots of people liked her because she was hot. That's all.

If we get a no one wins ending. At least there won't be a major war going between Freyjafags or Mirage shouting BTFO!!!

Out of all Macross titles, 7 had the hypest finale.

She was a woman. If the windies were female we'd be all over them.
It'll be much worse than that considering they denied action oriented episodes in favor of episodes advancing Hayate and Freyja's relationship.

Gee, I wonder what this reminds me of!

Ironically, SDF had the worst final battle.

>Only reason people hate the windies is because "lel fujobait".
At least you didn't mention NUNS.

No.

Windies are annoying and shitty villains.
>MUH WIND
>MUH RUNEBONER
>SO TAINTED
>WALKURE REEEEEEEEEEEE
>NUNS REEEEEEEEEEEE
They behave like retarded fanatics, they always whine and complain, they never shut the fuck up. I don't care about their reasoning and justification. They are conquering other planets, they are trying to kill main characters, talking about justice makes it only worse.
And that's why Herman is more tolerable than any other windie. He doesn't act like a spoiled child, he has his reasons to fight, but he keeps it to himself, he knows they are wrong too so he doesn't try to blame others.

Logos was shit tho.

>They behave like retarded fanatics, they always whine and complain
Bogue is the only one who behaves this way you idiot. Roid does so too but he's SUPPOSED to be unlikable. Keith has said a few times he doesn't care about galactic domination, he's fighting for his brother and that was made perfectly clear. Cassim and Herman fight for their families and the MCs got to know Cassim in particular. Again, the twins don't do shit so how can they be unlikable? Heinz has started acting like Roid a couple episodes ago but that's Roid's doing entirely. Like with Gramia, he's manipulating him. I mean fuck, the knights only spoke about their tainted wings in one episode. Quit blowing things out of proportion.

It was consistent to me at least, EVOL was great for the first 2/3rds and then shit itself at the end.

Maybe Logos didn't get up to early EVOL as far as hype moments go, but it did help Savior-kun wasn't constantly sidetracked by Maia unlike Amata whenever MIKONO-SAN was in a 500ft radius.

But was better than Evol.

>Logos was shit tho.

this nigga high as fuck

Logos was super interesting

MEANWHILE WE AT ********

I've said it before.. Guilty Crown end

>Literally all songs but Absolute 5 is absolute shit

And so Delta dies not with a bang but with a whimper.

Logos had a shitty beginning, but the 2nd half was pretty good.

>Keith has said a few times he doesn't care about galactic domination, he's fighting for his brother and that was made perfectly clear.
The only difference with Bogue is that Keith doesn't scream like a little kid. But he still is extremely butthurt and angry inside, he is still retarded wind fanatic thinking about wind and shit all the time. He still whines about NUNS, bombing and shit

>the twins don't do shit so how can they be unlikable?
How can be they likeable then? They have the same mentality and belives as Bogue, they just don't screm like litttle kids. But that mentality is completely unlikeable. I'll repeat it again - they are conquering other planets, they are trying to kill main characters.

>Heinz has started acting like Roid a couple episodes ago but that's Roid's doing entirely.
Why should I like a shitty kid manipulated by others? He has no qualities that makes him likeable in the first place. But at the same time sentencing main characters to death makes him unlikeable even if he was manipulated and just didn't know anything better.

i want to make freyja whimper

What a shitty taste.

t. that guy who still listens to K-on shit

If I were Keith I'd be pretty traumatized by the war and scared that NUNS could do the same whenever I wanted to. If I were Bogue I would be really, really angry that the assholes who killes more than half of my family members and one of them in a war crime are not only getting away but lying to the rest of the galaxy about my planet being the true culprits. If I were Cassim and Herman I'd be worried about them doing the same again. And if I were Roid maybe my benign interest in Protoculture could have gone awry because of what happened. Who knows. I find them believable. You can find them annoying if you want, but the way they act, imo, makes sense and is in general very human.

>Rasmus Faber
>TeddyLoid
>the highly energetic Junjo and Absolute 5
>melodic and emotional God Bless You
>anything like generic K-On shit
It's you who should stick to whatever shit you're listening to (I bet it's some Love Live cancer).

> that NUNS could do the same whenever they wanted to.

Also , Windies are acting just like Alto, Luca, Klan, etc. did towards the Vajra at the end of the series. Did they annoy you?

Not that user, but Walkure's music destroys Love Live shit by a mile. It reminds me that while I enjoy Love Live, its music is really, really generic. K-On though had good songs.

You talk like that's some big accomplishment or something.

Let's not compare it to EVOL for a second and take it as the standalone Aquarion show that it was. It was boring, and IIRC barely anyone watched that shit until the end. Also, it had terrible art direction, the main girl was the most decently designed one and even then the art style made everyone look fugly.

>he is still retarded wind fanatic thinking about wind and shit all the time. He still whines about NUNS, bombing and shit
Ever since Heinz has become king and Roid extended the war, Keith has stopped complaining about NUNS entirely. I don't know what show your watching but Bogue is the only one still complaining about NUNS to this day. And who the fuck cares if he's a wind fanatic? That's how their people are, why is this a negative? Is Freyja retarded because she loves music as much as they love the wind?
>How can be they likeable then? They have the same mentality and belives as Bogue, they just don't screm like litttle kids. But that mentality is completely unlikeable.
Like I said before, who the fuck gives a shit about the twins? Why would you waste your time complaining about whether they're likeable or not if we never focus on them? There's no point.
>Why should I like a shitty kid manipulated by others? He has no qualities that makes him likeable in the first place.
I never even said he was likeable? Man what is up with you idiots thinking an antagonist must be as likeable as the MC? Heinz isn't likeable but we can sympathize with him because he's a young kid who was expected to carry out terrible acts by Roid and his own fucking father. Keith is the only one who's made him happy but the war has separated them.

>dat God Bless You tho

>it's fine because they are butthurt
No, that's exactly that makes them unlikeable. Trauma and butthurt is a negative trait, it's annoying.

Also Frontier characters always treated Vajra like mindless bugs. Sometimes they were angry when their friends were dying, but they were never obsessed with any stupid ideas. They were just doing their job. It's similar to Herman, but as I already mentioned he is the only tolerable windie left.

In the TV series all evidence except Ranka's autism pointed to them just being monstrous spacebugs. And it even turned out it was partly correct because they were a collective mind network or some shit, which is why they didn't even understand that killing humans is killing multiple people instead of causing wounds to a single "humanity" being.

>And who the fuck cares if he's a wind fanatic? That's how their people are, why is this a negative?
Do i really need to explain why people usually dislike fanatics? Keith has nothing else except for his single retarded obsession. And Freyja is reasonable and has lots of emotions. For example she loves to sing, but she is ready to abandon her passion for the sake of Hayate.

>Why would you waste your time complaining about whether they're likeable or not if we never focus on them?
>I never even said he was likeable?
So what's your point? If they are unLIKEable characters isn't it normal that people don't LIKE them?

I...I care...

>they were never obsessed with any stupid ideas. They were just doing their job.
Here you go again using one windy to generalize their entire race. The only ones with stupid ideas and obsessions are Roid and Gramia. Keith has said on several occasions he doesn't care about the galaxy or protoculture. Heinz didn't care initially before he was manipulated and the Knights certainly don't care about protoculture either. You're so delusional, it hurts.

I have seen even nips generalize the protoculture thing to all the Knights too, when it's only Roid and at last Gramia, who was convinced when he saw what the Sigur Valens could do. The rest don't care at all. Keith has said so many times, Heinz is doing what he was told his father would have wanted to do. The rest have shown no indication of caring for the Protoculture stuff, either.

>entire race
The fuck? Are you knew to these threads? When people use word windies 99% of time they assume only Knights + Heinz + Gramia in these threads.

>Keith has said on several occasions he doesn't care about the galaxy or protoculture
I already told that he is obsessed with his stupid planet and its protection, you stupid retard.
Update the thread before hitting submit. I don't want to copy-paste the same shit for every retard in the thread.

I can make another generalization.
It seems all windfag are stupid. No one in this thread said that all windies (or all knights) are obsessed with monoculture or the idea of capturing galaxy. No one. Why do you bring it up?

>monoculture
Protoculture*

fuck you, autocorrect

>Keith has nothing else except for his single retarded obsession.
He's extremely concerned about Roid's sanity and Heinz's safety. He also cares greatly about his planet like any good soldier would. How behind are you?
>So what's your point? If they are unLIKEable characters isn't it normal that people don't LIKE them?
Quit being so autistic. My point was we can sympathize with Heinz because he's a young boy being forced to commit these actions. Idiot, why is this so hard for you to comprehend? When has it become a requirement for an antagonist to be unquestionably likeable?

I recognize this autistic anger and butthurt. Friendly reminder to ignore NUNSfag, hide his post, not even a (you), etc.

>When people use word windies 99% of time they assume only Knights + Heinz + Gramia in these threads.
You're changing the subject because Bogue is the only one who acts hateful and Roid is the only one who acts obsessive.
>I already told that he is obsessed with his stupid planet and its protection
Why the fuck is this a negative aspect? What's wrong with a character who loves his planet and his brother? Man you really are dense.

>He also cares greatly about his planet
Yes, as I said at least 5 times already he is obsessed with it and that's the only thing he cares about. He is concerned about Roid only because he thinks that Roid may threaten Windermere's safety. He cares about Heinz so much that he got him almost killed.
Also Hikaru, Max, Isamu and Alto were good soldiers too, but they cared about other things too.

>When has it become a requirement for an antagonist to be unquestionably likeable?
Wasn't it original point that they are fucking unlikeable?

You already game me fuckton of responses even in this very thread. You never know how to stop. Unless you ran out of arguments, even the most retarded ones.

>butthurt
Tghe irony. Didn't you just spam several threads in a row about NUNS getting btfo to calm your old butthurt? You even saved images and cited posts from months ago. I wonder how you survived with that burn for such a long period

>nd Roid is the only one who acts obsessive.
Are you fucking retarded?
Keith is obsessed with MUH WIND. Even your friend windfag agreed whit it. And original post was exactly about it, you fucking retard

>Why the fuck is this a negative aspect?
Because and , fucking retard.

Best ending:
>DYRL plays
>Keith kills Roid
>Hayate dances in combat
>Arad kills twins
>Mirage goes with Herman to learn how to fly like the wind
>Bogue stops being a faggot and reunites with his remaining family
>Kumo cures Freyja
>Keith and Heinz hug like bros
>Hayate and Freyja declare their love for each other
>Kumo gets a birthday party

>Same NUNSfag

Didn't you just ask everyone to ignore me ? That must be some sever butthurt if you can't even follow your own advice.

>Isamu
>good soldier

Isamu was a good pilot but not a good soldier. He disobeyed orders frequently. He was a loose cannon.

I think what makes him better than past antagonists is that he really thinks he's going to bring galactic peace. He's not after killing, world domination, or being evil, he's lost the sight of himself because he wants peace at any cost.

Keith was there when the place was bombed and he survived retard. It's not like Bogue or Freyja who got a backlash at a distance. He doesn't whine, he's got a survivor's guilt because his entire squad failed to stop Wright from dropping the bomb and everybody died in front of him when he was fucking twelve.

He also only brought that up early in first cour and then he shut up.

It doesn't matter. They were angry and wanted to protect their home. Same with Windies. If some fuckers conquered your country, treated you like shit and then use illegal bombs on your country, killing your family before fucking off and framing you and your pals on it.

You bet your ass I wanted those fuckers dead and suffer every single transgression they did to me. Not everyone can be an All forgiving Messiah like Freyja. Who is a great character but she's not particularly behaving like a normal human being.

Daily reminder that Sheryl is a miracle of the universe and best girl. Anyone who prefers Ranka has shit taste and - may God forgive me for saying this - an Albanian.

12 years old and can pilot a valk. These windies....

Yes yes, what a great deep character only a few thinking-user can appreciate. The majority of anons and nips can't possibly see the greatness of Windermere race, filthy ningens etc...

Let's also not forget that apparently the Windies were made by the protocolture as a defensive mechanism against the Zentradi. But since the Windies were too OP, they got limiters (their lifespans). Therefore Windies > Zents

No OST leak yet?

>Not everyone can be an All forgiving Messiah like Freyja. Who is a great character but she's not particularly behaving like a normal human being.
Yes. This. Freyja is the exception. Most people would be very, very pissed off. I known I'd be. Even Cassim before the experiments thought that sacrifices in war had to be made. Screencap of Bogue in ep 18, but this was pretty much what Cassim implied in ep 8 too.

Too busy jerking off to Windermere.

Read the thread faggot.

So much salt. 15 hours until Windhaters get sent to the salt mines together with Miragefags.

He's more interesting than Grace for the Evulz until Kawamori gave her personality change.

Who gives a fuck about Zents? They are ugly as fuck.

Then you watch IBO.

that is not a torrent user

You're shit.

>He also only brought that up early in first cour and then he shut up.
Yes, but he still is extremely butthurt and angry inside, he is still retarded wind fanatic thinking only about his planet. His trauma explains his behaviour, but it doesn't make him likeable a bit. His angriness and obsession with Windermere is the only traits his character has.

Hikaru saw his whole planet being glassed. It didn't make him forever butthurt asshole.
Or for example in Space Battleship Yamato aliens wiped billions of people on Earth. But again Yamato's crew found the way to deal with their sorrow and angriness.

Grace in movies was likeable, human and interesting, and her relationship with Sheryl was bittersweet. Kinda like Roid and Keith to an extent. But since those were movies they couldn't develop Grace too much. In the tv series she's like a typical Disney stepmother but maybe even more one-dimensional.

>obsession with Windermere

Why would he give a fuck about anything else? It's not like he lived or traveled anywhere else. It's not obsession, it's called patriotism. Scum like you who isn't attached to your country probably never experienced. He's not even that angry anymore, he looks JUST in general since Messer died.

>His angriness and obsession with Windermere is the only traits his character has.
Are you even trying? He has his love for his brother, his relationship with Roid, how he enjoyed his duels with Messer and went back to his carefree attitude when he was having fun with his Shinigami plus all the characterization and backstory from the manga.

>New song is finally here
time to listen to the same song million time until I get sick of it ;__;

More chapter never.

I liked her because she was fucking insane and made some great faces. The windies just don't emote on the same level as Grace did.

How to fix Delta's characters

Combine Chuck / Messer / Arad / Mirage

Combine the twin knights

Combine Herman and Qassim

Combine Kaname and Mikumo

The things I'd do to Heinz...

Don't care enough to hate them, these guys are comic book tier villains on par with Grace with the exception of like two guys.

Honestly, Bogue is actually one of them, he makes me laugh everytime he explodes and actually shows emotion. Everyone else just looks on without even changing expressions because even they know there's nothing inside themselves.

How to fix Delta
put them in schoo settingl :^)

You better not be thinking about lewd things.

>He has his love for his brother
>love
Keith "loves" him, but he never gets close because of his obsession with Windermere. And now he literally lets Heinz die again because his obsession with Windemrere is stronger than anything else. Can't you see how cancerous this obsession is?

>his relationship with Roid
They were friends. Now Keith cares obly about Winderemre. Keith is concerned about him because Roid's plans may threaten Windermere's safety. His relationship with Roid doesn't add anything to his character except emphasizing his obsession even more.

>enjoyed his duels with Messer
To be honest I totally forgot about it. Still it adds almost nothing to his character. At least in terms of likeability.

>plus all the characterization and backstory from the manga.
Yeah, he was a nice kid until he got forever butthurt fanatic.

I was thinking of doing things like playing football (not handegg), play videogames and the like

Combine Hayate and Freyja, but in slightly different sense

You're comparing Grace to the Knights? That's not very fair. Knights are just soldiers with families. Grace is a mastermind. Compare her with Roid and Roid wins easy. He's far more interesting.

>comparing an emotionless robots with other emotionless robots

I mean to be "far more interesting" would mean one have to be interesting in the first place, but sure he is better than her if you say so.

How about Roid and TV Leon?
Leon is miles better than Roid.

TV Leon and Roid are tied for me. Leon still comes off as kind of pathetic since he only wants power and some land. Plus he's just a pawn for Grace. Movie Leon is better than Roid though but movie Roid might surpass him if we get a movie of course.

>missing the point of a character this hard
The reason why Keith hasn't stopped Roid yet despite knowing that Roid is endangering not only Windermere but Heinz and also killed Gramia is because Keith's love for Roid is bigger than his love for Windermere. If the one in charge was anyone other than Roid Keith would have killed the fuck out of them a long time ago, but alas, Roid is like a brother to him and the first person Keith loved as family.

But keep on reducing the characters you dislike to one-dimensional caricatures. Funny thing, the one who is actually acting like a butthurt fanatic is you.

Roid was more family to Keith than his own father. Anyone with a brain should be able to realize Keith still sees Roid that way despite disagreeing with his views. NUNSfag obviously does not.

>people think this shit will get a movie

Are you fucking serious?
Keith loves Windermere. But if he loves Roid even more, then why not just STOP him? Not kill, but stop? Keith can tell everything to Heinz and remove Roid's regent powers. Or he can lock Roid up somewhere. Or even imprison him to save his life. There are million of different ways to save both planet and Roid.

I can't believe you're that fucking retarded. Keith follows his plan because he still believes Roid is working in Windermere's best interest. He has some doubts, but he still trusts Roid. He even said this in the last fucking episode. You must be completely blinded by tour retarded wind favouritism to think otherwise.

All Macross shows get movies. Plus even got a movie and that was less successful than all the shows.

>>people think this shit will get a movie
Sunrise had been using their Gundam recap movies to "fix" their TV shows since the original Gundam TV series. I don't see why Macross can't do the same.

Hayate and Freyja should combine their genes and make beautiful HayaFre babies

I think you mean keith and mikumo.

Junna's GIRI GIRI MADE is so much better than the full group

>But if he loves Roid even more, then why not just STOP him?

Because he loves him you idiot. He's struggling to believe in his cause because he's the closest thing he's had to family besides Heinz. Seems to me like your NUNS patriotism is blinding you. I've noticed windfags are more willing to admit both sides are wrong than NUNSfags who only yell "fujoshit" and want genocide.

>shipping a 19 yo. with a 3 yo.

Disgusting.

I want this too.

Why are Windies so beautiful?

Macross 7's ending is probably the best ending any Macross has ever had.

The part where everyone sings Light the Light with Mylene is one of the most emotional in all of animu.

It's kind of spoilt by cutting to Basara singing Planet Dance, though.

Literally how is Freyja attractive.

Her design is just paedobait.

Beautiful doesn't have to mean sexually attractive.

She's beautifully adorable and perfect in my eyes and heart.

Windies who come from royal and nobles families. Commoners like Cassim doesn't have that beauty.

Freyjafags, let us vote

strawpoll.me/11296084

I think Cassim was just a rare case. Herman (when he was young in the manga) was one fine motherfuckers and he comes from a common background. Same goes for the twins, theyre merchants. Roid as well is from a line of priests, not nobility.

In most ancient civs, priests were a high class, right below nobility, so I would consider Roid part of the ruling class still.

Cassim was a pretty boy when he was young at least.

Yes, Keith trusts him because they are childhood friends.That's why Keith knows that Roid loves Windermere too and that he doesn't want to harm the planet and its inhabitants. But it doesn't mean that Keith loves Roid more than Windermere or his love is as strong as it was when they were kids in academy.
And as we know Roid doesn't have purely evil intentions. It seems he tries to fix windies' lifespan so it's not like Roid is lying to Keith.

has anyone seen the macross Frontier film where they watch Fire Bomber videos

I have a bad feeling Kawamori is going to be a faggot and pull a sky ending for the sake of MUH FEEL GOOD TRIANGLE, cockblock in a HayaFre confession just so Mirage doesn't seem so pathetic

>Freyjafag still thinking Freyja is going to win

>the best I can do is reply with a meme

As expected

Well I heard Hayate will make his love clear in the end and that seems likely. Mirage encouraged Hayate to go talk to her last episode so I think that's the feel good part about it. Mirage can let go without being a bitch like Ranka.

>still parroting magazine garbage after they're proven wrong week after week after week after week

>I'm still butthurt over my horse not even being in the competition, so I'll just shitpost to make make myself feel better

How cute.

I'm not holding any hope because Hayate is a grade A faggot who even though he said "If you like someone, you should tell them how you feel" he still does jack shit about his own feelings.

>I'm butthurt that my horse never won despite being shoved to the MC for 26 episodes
>M-muh mmm-movies w-will f-fix it!

>I'll act autistic, maybe they'll take pity in me.

It's OK user, there's pills for that now.

It's simple, he does not like Freyja romantically.

Nah, he does if the way he stares with googly eyes at her is anything to go by.

Hm, while the romance is pure, I guess I prefer this over the shitstorm that was the competition between Sheryl and Ranka.

Competition makes people care, that's why people were hyped during Frontier's finale while nobody gives a shit about Delta's final episode.

F-fuck you. I care, as do other Freyja and HayaFrefags

Speak for yourself miragefag

You're a bunch of waifufagging autists. No one cares about Delta, hence why threads are dead.

I don't know, user. You complain and complain and yet here you are, waiting for the final episode like the rest of us.

Why exactly did Mirage like Hayate again? Does she have a grandfather complex?

L-lewd

>censored rune

Can we get Macross R as an apology now?

LOVE! THUNDER GROW!

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I wish Delta was good.

No. It would sell poorly. Audience over in Japan won't trust Macross unless it has a Sheryl or Freyja.

>y-yamete, Hayate-kun!! K-kimochi desuuuu!!

>Literally all songs

Shittiest taste in all existence.

Nigger fuck the japs.

Who really thinks the final episode can match the energy that frontier's had? Anyone?

I can't see much excitement in this anime anymore. Things just died somewhere, sometime.

DYNAMITE, DYNAMITE EXPLOSION ONCE AGAIN!

They're Macross' only audience thanks to HG. But honestly, idols(or songstresses) are make Macross, Macross.

I do because the windies have various faces unlike the space bugs that no one cared about. Plus I'm confident Walkure can do better with DYRL than Ranka.

A writer has to be damn fucking incompetent to make a Macross boring.

So much VAR

What if Freyja really dies? Yes I know she's the cash cow character and everything but what if they really do it?

>Final episode of Frontier

It really can't. Like, not even in a hundred years. Frontier (for all it's like and hate), did a pretty good job of pacing it's story out and developing it's characters; both main and support.

>episode 25 opens with Macross Quarter making its dramatic entrance
>the grand reveal of Battle Galaxy impersonating mega Ranka
>all within 2.5 minutes of the episode
>VF-25 SUPER MESSIAH being bought to Alto
>him FLYING it to himself into GER-WALK mode
>Sheryl changing up
>the START OF NORTHERN CROSS
>reference to Sakura-hime
>OZMA calling out TOTSUGEKI LOVE HEART!
>the constant transformations between battleroid and flight
>all the insantiy

Frontier's final episode delivered in fucking spades. Everything just was on an upward climb of awesome.

Unless Satellite has saved up all their budget for the next episode and are going to deliver something similar, it won't match the intensity, energy, and excitement.

It helps that Frontier had nearly every song being awesome.

I honestly only like a handful of songs from Delta. The new OP is especially fucking horrible.

Well, Yoko Kanno wrote the majority of the music in Frontier and she's insanely talented. It also helped that you had Maya Sakamoto and May'N both lend their voice to Frontier's song composition, plus Nakajima Megumi for Ranka's songs.

Delta probably would have succeeded more than it's current standings of Kanno was at the helm of Delta's songs as well. But outside of a couple songs, it's overall repertoire is just weak. Finally, Frontier had a new ED every couple of episodes which kept things fresh and exciting. Delta's ED was a slice of life love song ED for nearly the entirety of the first cour.

The only way Delta is really going to be able to save itself is if one there will be two movies, and both of them go all out with fighting, the song and dance show, and the songs themselves. Hell, you could probably make the argument that Macross Delta would have better served as two back to back movies with the way it's plot has been handled. But here we are. Hopefully Delta's ending episode is good.

Reminder not to come on Cred Forums tomorrow through however long it takes for subs (likely 26th or 27th)

>Delta will never have a sign off salute in going to battle

>Or Battle Fleets duking it out against each other in full battleroid mode

The first time he notices the change in his thoughts is three weeks after they've started dating. He always knew that Freyja had a tendency to wear tops that exposed her midriff or skirts that exposed her slender legs. What he didn't know however, was how much of a pervert he was becoming now that he had come to terms with his feelings for her.

It's odd, he thinks, because even though he had never had problems with touching her or being close to her, now he feels a certain type of rush just by standing next to her. It wasn't like he had anything to feel guilty about, he was her boyfriend after all.

Boyfriend. Somehow the word still made him a bit jittery. It was nice.

But the matter at hand was that he thought he would be alright, he could control his urges. He was a nice guy and he cared about Freyja too much to make a move on her too fast and freak her out. He'd just supress his thoughts and take it slow.

Or so he thought. Two days later he finds himself picking up Freyja from her dancing practice and she's once again wearing that pink blouse that exploses her midriff.

'It's over' he thinks, and begins to make excuses to lightly touch her and feel her skin against his callous fingertips.

Minutes later they're walking down the road, heading back to the Ragnyan Nyan when a couple of teenage gays are walking towards them from the opposite direction.

Hayate isn't blind, he notices how they look at her. He's perfectly aware that Freyja is an idol, a star sensation with many fans and the object of affection of many teenage boys. The boys begin to whisper excitedly between themselves as the distance between them decreases, their gazes flitting to Freyja.

Freyja is of course completely oblivious, too caught up in telling Hayate about practice today and how Mikumo had praised her for getting better. So Hayate does what any protective boyfriend would do.

He gingerly rests his hand on her waist and pulls her closer to him. Freyja jumps a bit at the sudden contact, and turns to look at him startled. Eventually, she bites her lips and turns to look at the ground, her cheeks stained with a dark rosy red.

The boys turn to look at Hayate and notice the condescending stare he's giving them. One of them splutters and urges the other two to hurry up and flee the scene.

Hayate and Freyja keep walking for a while, his hand still resting on her waist. He can feel the softness of her skin and the warmth that she radiates.

Finally, Freyja breaks the silence, "W-why did you do that?"

'Shit' Hayate thinks, 'So much for playing it cool.'

"No reason, sorry if I startled you," he says and begins to remove his hand but is stopped by Freyja reaching for it and putting it back on her waist.

Her blushing is back in full force, 'Cute' he thinks.

"I...I don't mind. I like it when you touch me...I-I'm your girlfriend after all. We're dating, right?" Even the way she stutters through her embarrassment is cute. When did he become so whipped?

"Yes, you're right. In that case, I won't hold back anymore," he teases, he instictively pulls her into a hug and buries his face in her hair. The sweet smell of apples fills his senses, the scent he knows is unique to her.

"Uhihihi, Hayate, you're such a pervert."

Hayate laughs along with her.

Yeah. Maybe he was a pervert, but only for her.

>Or sending off the bird that got you through hell and back in one piece

>teenage gays

I meant guys. Oh god. My fujoshit tendencies are coming out.

>nearly every song being awesome
Nah Sheryl only had a handful of truly good songs. Ranka had none. Seikan Hikou was good though, but it's equivelant, Rune Pika, is far better. I won't deny the background music from Kanno was better though.
Hayate is no soldier so I imagine he would do a thumbs up instead. Maybe the YF-19 hand symbol.

>track 2 is generic dubstep
What is this normie shit? Did they like fucking contract some normie foreigner to do this or something?

meant track 3

>dat Durandal

I hope the movie gives us a new version of the Segfried and also fleshes out Hayate and Mirage's piloting skills a bit.

y'all fighting over not liking the music and im just here like

>pic related

That's the Makina solo song.
She needs more autotune and EDM style because her singing skill is relatively weaker comparing to others.
But that style kinda suits her, surprisingly.

Also, I think it's fair to say that part of the reason why Delta failed was because there was a lack of a legit hot blooded leader leading Walkure.

Whereas Frontier with SMS had Ozma. He held everyone together really well, and then the advice he gives Alto in deciding on what he wants to do really drives him home as a grounded all around fantastic leader.

There was a distinct lack of leadership direction in Delta. Everyone had their own motivations and they had a general common goal, but nobody really stepped up and was responsible in driving the growth of everyone else.

It just sounds off. It really sounds like something you'd hear in the west, only with nip voices. I bet they contracted someone not from Japan to make that shit.

>cries about generalizing an entire race
>calls NUNS murderers for actions of a certain branch
High point we ignore these stupid Windiefags. They're just as autistic as MUH KAZE.

It was made by TeddyLoid actually

They really killed Messer off too early

At least that explains why it sounds different.

Silent Hacker actually sounds alright at the end when it goes full Lightning Returns with the piano

>Windies were made as a defense against Zentradi
???

I can see how that might work but where does the show say that?

>patriotism
>enslaving other planets with mind control
You retards are the ones giving patriotism a bad name.

Interview someone posted a few threads back. I think it was 2-3 threads ago. Check the archive.

So what do you think will be Hayate's (and Walkure's) reactions once Freyja starts to crystalize in front of them?

The issue isn't so much that they killed Messer too early, though that has it's own faults. It's that nobody really picked up the slack when he died.

When Michael was killed by the Vajra, everyone and I mean EVERYONE stepped up their game. Klan took over Michael's role, going as far as piloting his VF-25 to continue his legacy--while giving up her role in the Pixies. Alto, Luca, Ozma all flew better and took things way more seriously before when they shared a tragedy. Especially Alto and Luca since they've known each other for a very long time and suffered through a lot of hardships.

Messer dying is fine. It's that his death was entirely in vain.

>Delta has a distinct lack of a hime

Huh. I hope it doesn't become a standard then.
Same with the whole "song as a weapon" thing the merchant proposed.
I'm fine with it becoming a thing but I don't want it to be something the Protoculture knew about especially at the end where they were getting fucked.
A random nobody like Lynn Minmay with no special audio augments could sway and solve the Zentradi problem.
I'm gonna be pissed if a superrace like Protoculture knew the solution yet they somehow got rekt for reasons.

It's a god damn lack of direction. Every scene feels like a repeat from some earlier point in the anime, too much focus on the Windies and just no real character development from the MC at all.

>can dance in Batteroid
>recruited
>now he just deploys, gets shot a bit, episode ends
>EVERY TIME

>Delta
>failed

Don't be such a Frontier fag. Delta isn't as phenomenal as Frontier in terms of sales but that doesn't mean it is a failure, at all. Plus, you'd have to have mental problems to think Ozma is what made Frontier sell, as amazing as he is. Like the others have said, nips only cared about Sheryl. Besides, I think a dead Messer is selling well. His music player sold out when it was released as merch or at least that's what I heard.

According to Grace O'Connor in Frontier & Sayonara no Tsubasa, the Vajra are a race even more advanced than the legendary Protoculture. That the protoculture tried to achieve what the Vajra had, but somehow failed.

Which clashes with the current state of Delta's story with the developments of Mikumo and the level of fold wave integration Protoculture has shown to have. So I guess they decided to retcon that little bit.

I can see Hayate yelling for Freyja to stop singing but Freyja won't listen to him and continue to burn herself out.

>Remember to support Sunrise and the upcoming gundam to show japan we like our pro-war realistic space operas

Neither Gundam nor Macross are pro-war. They both have shown decade after decade there is misery and misfortune from war. They also both faithfully show in multiple real time decades and multiple plot timelines how greed and hubris play a part in either creating war, propagating war, and even preventing the cessation of war.

Your post shows how you mistakenly assume that they are pro-war because both Gundam and Macross tried to also be entertaining and watchable franchise shows. There is something fans use called "reading comprehension" when it comes to manga, LN, WN, and novels. Perhaps fans there should apply "viewing comprehension" when it comes to anime.

>but somehow failed
?
I just assumed it's a work in progress. Like designing all their ships and stuff like the Vajra. Was there anything detrimental enough to be called a 'failure'?

>current state
I'd still say it's all hazy. I'd rather classify everything Roid says as him rambling half facts convenient for his actions.

Gundam endings are the same as Macross ending s except Gundam endings don't force the friendship ending down the audience's throats. Well, except for one and it was the absolute worst.

Even the least bloody series have a more believable amicable endings than some of Macross' weakest titles where the writers and producers just forcefeed their shitty ending.

I'm not arguing on the basis of sales of merchandise, CDs or DVD/Blurays. Though, if we're gonna talk about that I'd like to point out to you that Sheryl's Diamond Crevasse made up 51% of all of Delta's combined CD sales.

That's pretty bad considering everything else Frontier released OVER the course of it's 25 episode run.

That said, Delta has failed when it comes to story telling, pacing, character development, and overall execution.Things happen in Delta without consequence to the agents within it. You could write out half the current cast in Macross Delta and the overarching story and development wouldn't change. That's bad.

You could write out Hayate, Mirage, and Freyja completely--and the overall story wouldn't be significantly impacted is rather damning. Especially considering that by episode 23/24, we learn that it was really about Mikumo all along ANYWAY.

Finally, it also doesn't help. Like fucking at all, when they make references to Megaroad-01 and Minmay just cause why not, and then don't bother to fucking deliver why they did that. It's like watching Kubo and Bleach's ending, except it's Macross and it shouldn't by all powers that be, have ended this way.

Yeah, they better not reference the Megaroad-01 any more than they already did.

I've been waiting for this for a long time but I don't want it to be dragged into this piece of shit.

>Alto, Luca, Ozma all flew better and took things way more seriously before when they shared a tragedy.

I'm really getting tired of this silly meme. No one "flew better" after Michael's death. As far as I know, everyone except Luca was already amazingly talented in combat. Not once did Alto come off as helpless except when he fought Brera. Only thing that changed was Alto's bloodlust against the Vajra. He wanted to kill them all, even saying he was willing to kill Ranka after she left Frontier fleet. It wasn't until the very last minute he had a change of heart. Movie fixed this when Alto supported Ranka's thoughts on the Vajra earlier.

People keep downplaying Hayate's development. The point of Messer dying wasn't to make Hayate "get gud", it was to show him how terrible war is. Hayate became disgusted by killing since his first kill and began hating war in general after Messer's death. He fights primarily for Freyja and respects her peaceful intentions. It's not like this is disrespecting Messer's legacy either since he's an overprotective idolfag too. Compared to back in episode 1 when he didn't care about shit, he's more determined than ever to protect Freyja and end the war.

>Hayate became disgusted by killing since his first kill and began hating war in general after Messer's death.
However it didn't translate into any significant change given he was against it anyway.
It just made him entirely dull.

Remember the earlier developments where Messer criticized him for trying too hard by aiming at the wings of the enemy planes instead of taking a direct shot?
Yeah. I wonder where that went.

>I'd like to point out to you that Sheryl's Diamond Crevasse made up 51% of all of Delta's combined CD sales.
Yeah I remember that chart but wasn't that comparing 8 years of Frontier sales to Delta's 4 months? Doesn't seem fair to me. Also didn't Delta's OP1 sell more than Frontier's initial Triangular sales? Not sure I remember that but still. Comparing 8 years of Frontier to Delta now is pretty pathetic way to make a point.

>You could write out Hayate, Mirage, and Freyja completely--and the overall story wouldn't be significantly impacted is rather damning.
I'm sorry but no. That's wrong. Hayate and Freyja's development from friends to platonic couple is what make Delta good. Not fantastic but it's by no means as bad as you say. It's not like Frontier's plot was any better. At least the windies have characters like Keith and Roid for us to care about, for Frontier everyone wanted Vajra genocide and it obviously did not deliver.

>insanely unrealistic, but cool as shit

>no one really flew better after Michael's death

Yeah, no. They did. Yes, their bloodlust was turned up to 11. This ultimately resulted in them taking more risks during combat leading to much better execution of combat, scoring kills, and thus BETTER flight.

>Messer's death was to show him the cruelty of war

Ok.

>makes him disgusted by killing

You're in a god damn fucking war. Against an enemy that is conducting bioterrorism, sonic terrorism, AND is enacting a grand scale plan to effectively mind control hundreds of billions of people across thousands of light years of space.

Messer's death which made Hayate disgusted by war becomes vapid in the face of the consequences of Windermere succeeding in their goal of war itself. You don't have to like killing. That's disgusting. But that's different from killing in stopping an enemy that's hell bent on involving an insanely large number of innocent people in their own twisted logic--and further, who are completely disconnected by the conflict across thousands of light years.

In other words, step up or fuck off. War isn't a game. Also, death shouldn't be cheap if it can be avoided. Messer's death was cheap, because it served no one in a way that mattered. And it's massively ironic that Hayate is mostly unaffected by the bio and sonic terrorism Winderemere conducts, but it's really Messer's death that makes him disgusted to "killing."

So utterly cheap.

>I'm sorry but no. That's wrong. Hayate and Freyja's development from friends to platonic couple is what make Delta good. Not fantastic but it's by no means as bad as you say. It's not like Frontier's plot was any better. At least the windies have characters like Keith and Roid for us to care about, for Frontier everyone wanted Vajra genocide and it obviously did not deliver.

You misunderstood where I was going with that. I'm saying that the story's focus and pay off has as of now basically been about Mikumo. If Hayate/Mirage/Freyja were not present. This development and payoff wouldn't really change. I'm saying that's bad. I'm not making an argument about romantic inclinations between Hayate & Mirage or Hayate and Freyja.

>Last episode
If any one else was subbing this other than /gg/ I would have watched it.

THIS

ENTIRE

SEGMENT!

>Remember the earlier developments where Messer criticized him for trying too hard by aiming at the wings of the enemy planes instead of taking a direct shot?
Yeah, again, Hayate doesn't support Messer's ideas of killing and after he recieved this criticism, he resonated with Freyja and was able to disable Bogue. When Messer died, Hayate truly began hating war. It's like back on SDF. Hikaru didn't get good after Roy's death since he was already good to begin with, he just began disliking war and focusing on fighting for peace and the woman he loves.

This is just reminding me of that idea of Basara and co jumping in to save the day. But, since there's already too many singers in this party, I think that's not gonna happen. I honestly don't know what they have planned at this point. 24 mins doesn't give them much playtime.

My point was that Hayate was trying to improve himself enough to aim at wings. That entire thing went out the fucking window after Messer died.
Now he's literally a fodder pilot who goes in, gets shot a bit, episode ends.

>Yeah, no. They did. Yes, their bloodlust was turned up to 11. This ultimately resulted in them taking more risks during combat leading to much better execution of combat, scoring kills, and thus BETTER flight.
Try again. Alto was already taking huge risks since his first ever encounter with the Vajra. Alto was a gifted pilot from the beginning.

>And it's massively ironic that Hayate is mostly unaffected by the bio and sonic terrorism Winderemere conducts, but it's really Messer's death that makes him disgusted to "killing."
Messer's death made him disgusted to war. Hayate started off already hating the idea of killing similar to Alto who wanted the Vajra dead since the beginning. Hayate's development lies primarily in his determination to protect his new friend who feels there's another way to end the war besides senseless killing which would just go on forever if not for her singing. Why does Hayate's kill count have to increase if his opponents consist mostly of mind controlled pilots? This isn't as simple as hive mind Vajra.

>This is just reminding me of that idea of Basara and co jumping in to save the day. But, since there's already too many singers in this party, I think that's not gonna happen. I honestly don't know what they have planned at this point. 24 mins doesn't give them much playtime.
What I WANTED, can be done in one episode. I just don't think the anime studio had the guts to go that way.

Chaos is too weak to fight Windermere, and NUNs already lost its fleet. So the only dramatic conclusion is some catastrophic destruction of Windermere caused by the ruins either accidentally or intentionally. Anything else is just boring, as there is really no other threats left.

If it were to happen, it would happen in the movie (assuming that Delta will get Frontier's treatement of two movies). If it only gets one movie, then it would still be a maybe.

All that said, I honestly preferred the idea of song being a vessel to convey meaning as pic related, rather than weaponizing the song itself in the way it was done in Delta. Especially with the Valkyrie pilots.

>By listening to songs
>suddenly we can pilot 2-3x better than ever before

Feels utterly silly than simply being a good pilot and having the song do it's job of removing control from the protoculture technology OR mitigating the effects of Var Syndrome. It removes the necessity of character growth in terms of personal maturity and maturity of skill, in favor of having an easy way out that let's you "get gud" aka it's literally a cheat.

To date, Macross pilots have never resorted to cheating when it came to their ability to fly and fight. But Delta really subverted that basic premise with song magic fairy dust. I get that Hayate isn't a solider. But he CHOSE to pilot a Valkyrie. He chose to put himself in the heart of what is an interstellar war. In more simple terms, he put aside his civilian status and chose to became a soldier. As such, he's got a personal responsibility to get better at flying and fighting while coming to terms with the morality and justification of war--and to ultimately decide to be in favor or against it. But he never really reaches this point properly.

He is against war, but having a ethical/moral standard that you don't want to kill or engage in war is stupid when you continue to engage in Valkyrie engagements and perpetuate war.

>Alto was a gifted pilot from the beginning

Absolutely. But he did get better over time. Hayate is not a gifted pilot, but his growth as a pilot hasn't changed all that much from a moment ten episodes ago & a moment as of last episode. He should by now at least be able to hold his own w/o sound cheat.

No it didn't. They found out he and Freyja could resonate. This resonance gave him the necessary buff to be good at disabling pilots. This isn't even supposed to be a major arc. The point of Hayate's character isn't about getting good at shooting wings, it's about finding a reason to live. Finding something to care about and being able to protect that something. That's where Freyja comes in.

I really wish they had focused more on his ability to dance the jet. Imaging, instead of 'music makes me fly better', 'music makes me dance better'. He has a beat. He has a good song. He's flying circles around the enemies because the power of music. Instead, he became Mr. Grumpface.

I was promised dancing mechs and I was lied to.

>To date, Macross pilots have never resorted to cheating when it came to their ability to fly and fight.
Alto has all that pixy dust flying around him as he flew at the Vajra queen dodging all kinds of shots. This is heavily supported by the fact that you see his POV and suddenly all the laser shots are slowed down.

>But he CHOSE to pilot a Valkyrie. He chose to put himself in the heart of what is an interstellar war.
He chose to fly because he loved it. He chose to participate in the war so he could END it. It's like Basara. He only "fought" to have the enemy listen to his song and promote peace.

>He should by now at least be able to hold his own w/o sound cheat.
That's not even an option. The windies are superhuman and they can also use songbuffs now. Hayate has only been a pilot for a few months. He needs the songbuff. Really though, no Macross pilot except Shin has had episodes about training and getting good. Alto was already good and never developed beyond wanting more genocide. Basara never changed. Hikaru only strengthened his desire to protect.

People complaining that Hayate "didn't fly better" even though he's the only Macross MC to defeat the opposing ace. A feat not even Isamu could accomplish.

>Alto cheated to fly

No retard. It happened only ONCE in all of Macross Frontier, show and film. It was done to convey that through the Foldz Crystal earring that Alto wears, he's now able to directly convey through Ranka, Sheryl, and himself, to the queen that they are not the enemy. It's a personification of their combined effort to convey meaning through emotion.

It doesn't in anyway make his piloting better, because immediately after we go RIGHT back to reality and the speed of lasers hasn't slowed down at all. The whole point of that entire little piece was to show the audience that the song is now finally able to reach the Vajra. Through basically the representative of humanity to them.

>He chose to fly because he loved it

So did Alto. However, Alto balanced his desire to fly with his responsibility as a pilot, and then when war with the Vajra does break out, he deals with the personal and moral conflict that that brings.

>Chose to participate to so he could end it

By disabling enemies rather than shooting them down. Which ultimately bites Walkure in the ass, when Messer gets killed.

>comparing to Hayate to Basara

You fucked up. They're diametrically opposed to each other in promoting peace. Being a coward doesn't make peace happen. In a war you fight and you fight to win, and end a conflict quickly as ethically as possible. Aiming at pilot's wings is silly. Offering mercy to someone who wants to kill you is arrogance. Basara promoted peace through his song. Hayate basically didn't kill when he should have, and the background consequences of that is that Windermere is stronger and more able to achieve their own goals rather than weaker and not as capable as a result.

>Windies are super human

Complete bullshit. They were just as capable as Walkure pilots BEFORE song buff faggotry was introduced.

>Alto never developed beyond wanting genocide

It's like you didn't watch Frontier at all. At all.

>It doesn't in anyway make his piloting better
Lasers slowing down meant he could "see the wind". The same exact fucking thing happened to Keith when he fought that squadron of NUNS pilots. Same with Messer when things slowed down as he approached the windies during AXIA. How did you honestly miss this?
>when war with the Vajra does break out, he deals with the personal and moral conflict that that brings
Only conflict I got from him was about being a pilot to escape being an actor. When it came to the war, he didn't change his mind about the Vajra until the very last episode.
>By disabling enemies rather than shooting them down. Which ultimately bites Walkure in the ass, when Messer gets killed.
Messer was killed in a fight to the death, moron.
>Basara promoted peace through his song. Hayate basically didn't kill when he should have
Hayate is helping to promote peace by protecting Freyja while her songs cure people. He doesn't want to use these buffs to kill when his opponents are actually mind controlled people. Why must he become a full on killer if his job is to help stop VAR. He's not a soldier.
>Complete bullshit. They were just as capable as Walkure pilots BEFORE song buff faggotry was introduced.
Which is exactly why Hayate needs songbuffs. He's an average pilot at best so if there's a chance to be good, he's going to take it for Freyja's sake.
>It's like you didn't watch Frontier at all. At all.
So you're saying Alto didn't hate Vajra the entire time? He was willing to kill Ranka for fuck's sake. He hated them all the way through.

haters will just say it didn't count because Hayate had to use song magic

Only you is disgusting here

>He's not a soldier

Then he shouldn't be flying. Jesus christ, this isn't hard to understand. He is a part of NUNS. They're an army. They are currently engaged in a war with Windermere. He is LITERALLY a fucking soldier.

Stop perpetuating the autism that he isn't a soldier, he is.

>Alto hated Vajra the entire time

Wrong. He watched Gilliam get crushed to death by the Vajra. Therefore he hated an enemy that was so brutal and cruel. Overtime, he saw them as an enemy because they threatened the innocent people in Frontier, and because he joined up with SMS a private military outfit, he fulfilled his duty as a soldier to SMS to oppose the Vajra.

He WAS willing to kill Ranka, because at the time Ranka chose to become complicit with the enemy. She was a direct threat to Frontier, to him, & Sheryl--whom he had feelings for. He didn't hate Ranka, but saw it as a choice that he would be forced to make because there were no good options. Killing her at the time, meant stopping the enemy from gaining control over the Vajra--because over the course of the series, it was shown that Ranka's singing had controlling/placating effects on the Vajra.

As the series developed, he eventually learned that Vajra can feel pain too via the foldz quartz crystal. That they have emotions, which means they can be happy/want peace. Alto grew from a guy who witnessed the brutality of the Vajra personally, and the hatred he had for the enemy, into someone who at one point in time was faced with the choice of killing one of his friends of out necessity than because it was something he reveled in, & then ultimately culminated in him wanting to pass on the message of peace & non-enemy to the Vajra main queen via song. Using himself as a vessel to channel the emotion and message of song sung by Ranka & Sheryl.

He grows from a boy to a man, learns of a world bigger than himself, finds a place within, and brings peace through love and song. Hate was the beginning not end.

>rather than weaponizing the song itself in the way it was done in Delta
>Macross pilots have never resorted to cheating when it came to their ability to fly and fight.
Bullshit. SDF crew had Minmay's song used primarily for distracting zentradi while pilots could take advantage of it. In Frontier, they used Ranka's song to paralyze Vajra giving incompetent NUNSfags the chance to kill them all.

Take Freyja away

What can he do against Keith?

The Alto of this show is Keith.

Accurate.

>They were just as capable as Walkure pilots BEFORE song buff faggotry was introduced.

No, they are officially the strongest and best pilots and strongest race according to Febri interview. That's why Protoculture made them short lived to balance their bullshit. Their fucking runes can sense fold waves, so they can easily fuck up anyone like that.

They were toying with Delta Squad: testing some shit before getting called off.

Even if Messer was good, Keith only got fully serious with him in the episode he killed him. And he needed to be juice up by Var.

Two eyed Keith in a gown when?

>Then he shouldn't be flying. Jesus christ, this isn't hard to understand. He is a part of NUNS.
Why should he not fly if his abilities are valuable? Also, he's not a part of NUNS you fucking idiot. He works for Xaos. He's not forced to kill like a typical NUNS pilot.
>As the series developed, he eventually learned that Vajra can feel pain too via the foldz quartz crystal.
You're definitely getting the movie and the show confused. Right before Ranka left, the last thing he did with her was take her out for a ride while slaying numerous Vajra that were paralyzed by her song. He didn't stop hating the Vajra until Ranka freed the queen and had them help the fleet in defeating Grace. He was always in support for genocide. The only reason he became a man was because he fucked Sheryl. End of story.

>As the series developed, he eventually learned that Vajra can feel pain too via the foldz quartz crystal.

To be fair, this only happened in the last fucking episode. Not "over the series developed." He realized he fucked up in the last episode. Before that he was still a hateful revenge driven man who aimed a GUN at Ranka and Ai-kun because of his irrational hatred, even if he knew Ai-kun beforehand and he offered no threat.

Alto isn't that different from Keith. He should teach his wind/sky buddy to crossdress.

Nothing of course. Which is why Hataye needs his beloved Freyjafu. Basically the power of love has surpassed even the skills of a top notch pilot like Isamu. Sasuga Kawamori.

>people bitch when Keith is reluctantly letting Heinz continue singing when he's risking his life for his planet or trusting his shady PM best friend
>nobody bitched when Alto reluctantly let Sheryl did the same for Frontier or trusted the shady as fuck and certainly not his friend Leon, when his former superiors had fucked off

what's the name of track 8? It was nice to hear another song with Kaname in the lead. I wish she'd gotten a little more time in the spotlight. She has a good voice, unlike the yuritwins

I wonder what ever became of Clai-clai after her nervous breakdown. Get better soon, Clai-clai

Kawamori is a hack constantly overusing the same shit.

涙目爆発音

Song sounds hype as fuck.

>They found out he and Freyja could resonate
Which ended up helping no one.

What reason to live? He was living perfectly alright before. He literally had no compelling reason to become a pilot beyond having unconventional skills and said unconventional skills got sidetracked and forgotten about so hard, it's not even funny.
Macross Delta isn't a fucking SoL.

>涙目爆発音
right, and what is that in letters I can read

GIRI GIRI AI
IKENAI BORDELINE

>defeat the opposing ace
>get one lucky shot in
>wasn't even completely in his wits
>Keith proceeds to outperform his pre-getting shot self by soloing fleets and regularly wrecking Hayate
>Hayate forgets Immelmann dance, forever a scrub

>What reason to live? He was living perfectly alright before.

Except by the fact he was a joyless, aimless bum who wasn't attached to anyone, not even his family or life? Freyja changed him. She made him think about what he wanted to do, where he wanted to live, which people he wanted to hang out with.

Never ever. He's a pretty boy, but he ain't got no feminine charms. Also nice digits.

>always in support of genocide

Uh... an alien race attacks Frontier, crushes a human in front of him to death, is then targeted by them when he's trying to keep Ranka safe in Frontier; ultimately enlists to stop them, and then has to protect other humans in Frontier as well as Sheryl from their hive-mind goal to destroy Frontier.

Yeah, his hatred is justifiable given the circumstances. So your argument against him is outright idiotic.

>you're getting the movie and show confused
>movie and show are all one plot
>but that doesn't count because it makes my counter argument fall apart

Can you not?

>became a man by fucking Sheryl

You really cheapen character growth. It's such a shame.

Given the circumstances and what's happening in Frontier, define irrational hate of Vajra for me. I want to know what exactly you mean by that, because I don't see that. At all.

>Alto trusted Leon

Eh, I don't think he trusted Leon as much as he didn't understand why SMS was betraying Frontier when there was a global threat of the Vajra present. He was in the dark, and chose to side with Frontier because he wanted to protect Frontier. He makes this case to Ozma when trying to ask why the events are transpiring and specifically asks him "is this how an adult should behave?"

Ozma of course yells back, "I'm not an adult. I'm a man." Which is a dual layered statement, in that Ozma is choosing his own path and also he has his convictions and moral/ethics of a mature adult. Alto, at this point in time hasn't gained that wisdom yet. So he is unable to reconcile what's happening. He's pretty much in the dark of the conspiracy that's developing within Frontier.

And then when he gets disabled by Ozma, and Skull-2 and Macross Quarter jump out of system ; we get his drawn out dammit.

That's my take on it anyway.

It literally translates as: watery eyes explosion.

So you'll have to figure out what it actually is from that. I don't read Japanese (yet). So I can't really say.

Hayate was supposed to be someone who never enjoyed life and was depressed underneath (the apathetic type of depression). Freyja made a man out him and her passion stirred his. It's clear since their meeting.

If you're too lazy, just look for the novelization. The reason too is that he fell in love with her, he's just not self-aware about his feelings.

>Which ended up helping no one.
He saved Walkure several times.
>What reason to live? He was living perfectly alright before.
Before he met Freyja, he was a drifter that didn't give a shit about anyone or anything. He was always fired from whatever job he took. When he met Freyja and saved her life, he found out how great flying is. So he became a pilot. He later became friendly towards Freyja so now he found someone to care about.
>said unconventional skills got sidetracked and forgotten
He still resonates with her, fuckwit.

At the cost of the entire fucking show. A selfrealization should be appropriate and with the realization that it's a fucking 24-26 episode show and not a 100 episode one.

Not to mention, Hayate and Freyja complementing each other was something that was understood right from the beginning with how perfectly they worked with each other. It shouldn't have taken this long for the show to stop stumbling on itself and getting on with the most basic form of character development.

Hayate and Freyja working together isn't something worth celebrating about. It's the bare minimum of what the show had to achieve anyway.

>Given the circumstances and what's happening in Frontier, define irrational hate of Vajra for me. I want to know what exactly you mean by that, because I don't see that. At all.
Aiming at Ai-kun is irrational action, specially when Ranka, his friend, is on the way. He knew Ai-kun was harmless because it had hang out with him for weeks or months.

He refused to listen to Ranka, he refused to see beyond his own hatred or his own pain.

>He saved Walkure several times
Something that's literally what he should've done on the minimum. I would've been impressed if he's achieved anything besides what's already the least he could do.

>He still resonates with her
And so what, retard? Besides managing to shoot Keith once, has he done anything?
He just flies around. Nothing fucking happens.

>Aiming at Ai-kun

It's a fucking Vajra. And at the time, when he did point a weapon at it; the Vajra had completely invaded Frontier. People were getting killed and eaten left and right. He knew Ai-kun as a harmless pet-like thing. Not something the size of a small car that can squish a fleshy human in a second.

He had no way of knowing that the Vajra wouldn't kill them. Yeah, it didn't. Yes, it also didn't take any stance of acting as a threat. But for fucks sake, try to make an argument that at least is sound within the context of it's occurrence.

Namidame Bakuhatsu-on

Nice song. I fucking miss Messer.

>movie and show are all one plot

Are you retarded? Things go differently in each. In the TV show, Alto never develops sympathy for the Vajra until they begin helping the fleet in the very end. In the movie, he struggles to believe Ranka's beliefs, but he ultimately supports her when she proposes they might have feelings. You really haven't seen the show. Also, I never argued that Alto was a shit character because of this. I'm simply stating facts, and fact is, TV Alto wanted bug genocide till the very end.

>I would've been impressed if he's achieved anything besides what's already the least he could do.
He's surpassed Bogue and sent Keith home twice. He doesn't have to do more. He's just a pilot. He's here to protect Walkure not rack up on kills.

It's actually more like "Explosive notes/voice with watery eyes"
I'm a Chinese speaker and with only little knowledge of Japanese, but from the information I gathered, the song seems to fit the early situation of WALKURE before Mikumo came.
That they didn't have enough fold activity but still tried their best to achieve little to no success.
With desperate voice and tears.