What was the point of this character?

What was the point of this character?

Waifu bait.

To cuck Rem

Being best girl EMT.

Okay lets do a recap.

Subaru swears to help Emilia and is given another chance cause he doesn't want to let her die a death like that or have something precious to her stolen. He's in another world so his life is meaningless to him at this point, though it already was, and he's a NEET that's become attached to someone.

Next, is almost killed by Rem, which he can't simply escape by walking away as Rem follows him and kills him anyways.

Then, Subaru is killed by the curse. He has no idea what the curse is so he still can't abandon the mansion. The curse then kills Rem so Subaru must find out what's causing it. At this point, Subaru has died a few times and has become VERY attached to these people on personal levels. Emilia not so much because every time he forms a bound with her he dies anyway and has to start all over which from a gamer's perspective is boring.

Now lets skip some more. Subaru gets his ass kicked and looks like a retard in front of Emelia for muh pride. Rem leaves in a carriage before Subaru and is killed. Subaru arrives to see the witch cult already killed everyone and Emelia. Subaru realizes that if he doesn't save Emelia the entire city will be destroyed by Puck because of a contract. Subaru has no choice but to save Emelia now as she's a huge liability and he likes her anyway.

Emelia doesn't do much for the story until Arc 4. She's nonexistent and doesn't make many appearances early on. There is no reason for Subaru to love her other that him being autistic.

There is no turning back now because Subaru is already stuck saving Emelia even if he wanted to leave.

useless waifubait

they could have substituted her for rem and the story would not have been any different

She is actually Satella.

Satella looks exactly like her, and Satella hates the alternate personality of the Jealous witch within her. She also loves Subaru, yet we aren't really told the reasons yet. She is starved for love because everyone hates her, and she flat out tells us her name is Satella at the beginning.

Plus it's kinda hinted that Subaru may be Flugel. I'm guessing that one of the witch powers is time travel and they end up in the past where Emilia is possessed by the witch of envy.

I also forgot to mention that it would make sense since puck is a doomsday device.

She's the main heroine.

See the thing is, the story keeps going.

Reinhard kill Puck. Everyone live happily ever after.

What's the point of Reinhard, Roswaal, Felt, Priscilla, etc...

They just appear and disappear whenever they want.

She has a pretty obvious point.

I'm more likely to question the point of half the events in the series. It all felt like a bunch of random shit tacked together with no consistency in tone, theme or pacing.

This, she's a literal definition of the term. Subaru and the fans get lured in by the prospects and suffer for it. Rem ain't bait, she's the actual 'waifu' he could have been happy with.

All well, shit would be boring if he didn't suffer.

Being shit and ruining episodes.

Why is Rem so shit? She ruined the whole series

Ram would never say that

Rem is waifu bait because her whole character is just to be Subaru's loyal wife no matter what. Emilia at least has more individuality and a purpose outside of just being Subaru's love interest.

I know but Rem is a shit character

who?

>Rem is waifu bait because her whole character is just to be Subaru's loyal wife no matter what.
Nothing about that is baiting. Emilia is literally waifubait and Subaru learns the hard way she is not his dream girl.

What was the point of that show? It's literally a bunch of random shit put together

Emilia is supposed to be waifubait for Subaru in narrative terms, but Rem is the real waifubait for the audience. She's the actual 'waifu' he could've been happy with because she lost all semblence of personality outside of loving him. That is now her sole purpose. She is a trash character.

Why is there no GOOD time travel shit?

That's a meaningless definition of bait. Is anyone being fooled to their detriment? The entire show seems like bait.

Steins;Gate

What was the point of this thread?

I said good.

Rapebait.

I guess there aren't any time travel anime with moe blobs all trying desperately to fuck a self-insert MC. I imagine that would be more your speed.

Are you really trying to pretend S;g isn't a fucking harem with a self insert? It's a nerd surrounded by archetypes (including a moeblob), most of whom want his dick in some way.

I didn't like it at all and that's mostly because I'm so allergic to harems and moeblobs in the first place.