ITT: No fun allowed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MNRFOiqksNI
youtube.com/watch?v=VJwjx1xhd1c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The bad guy was an immortal Sir Issac Newton who transported himself to a magical realm through alchemy.

How the fuck can you claim Escaflowne is "No fun allowed" after that shit?

Also: fortune telling that magically enforced it's reading onto the world was cool as fuck and also terrifying. Escaflowne had tons of cool shit.

Sorry* if I just spoiled a 20-year old show for anyone.

Now I have to go listed to the OST

ESCA!

FLOWNE!

Everything ruined by focusing on dumb shoujo heroine and her fucking love dramas.

KIMI WO KIMI WO

AISHITERU

>and her fucking love dramas.

With the main love interest being an insufferable, suicidal angstball. Which in turn resulted in a bad spat of jealousy from the thieving, petty cunt of a catgirl, who regrettably wasn't used as a demonstration case for all the different ways there are to skin a cat.

Sympathising with Dilandau was quite easy. Oh well, at least they managed to wring a few interesting tracks out of Kanno, probably through the use of brodequin, pear and red hot pliers.

The series was great, the movie was EoE-tier mindfuck of awesome.

Fuck, I need to watch it again now.

youtube.com/watch?v=MNRFOiqksNI

Greatest opening theme of all time.

>No fun allowed

I present you Aika.

Remember when Hitomi jumped onto a Zaibach air ship?

Yeah, nether did the guys in charge of the second half or the movie

The movie was completely ruined by its horrid pacing. It's a shame, really, because it looked and sounded great, and I loved the different take it had on everything.

Any of you guys have the webm of the scene where Van destroys Dilandau's men? The one where this plays:

youtube.com/watch?v=VJwjx1xhd1c

The show would have been god-tier if the last third wasn't such a mess.

>Everything ruined by focusing on dumb shoujo heroine and her fucking love dramas.
That ain't the show being no fun allowed, that's _you_ being no fun allowed.

...fuck, did I misinterpret the whole point of this thread?

Best episode, best scene. Hitomi a cute and best.

2nd best. Eva still wins.

The blonde princess was best girl.

I can't pass up the opportunity to post this.

>draw a boy
>call it a girl
why is this allowed?

This so much. The first half was pretty good fantasy and then it went full drama and occult bullshit. Hitomi doesn't even up with Allen or Van so what was the point?

JAJUKAAAAAAA