91 days

What are your thought so far

Best anime of the season.

Possibly best anime of the year if you can ignore the low budget animation. Certainly best story in anime for 2016.

Apart from the frequent QUALITY, it's been very good. Can't wait to see how the last ep plays out.

AOTS

I haven't watched it, how does it compare to Gungrave ?

Was expecting shitty revenge gayshit , got pretty gud gayshit insteady

Actually really good, the writing has held up surprisingly well. It makes sense, it doesn't spoonfeed, it has at least a few nice keikakus and memorable moments, it isn't afraid to kill people off, it's just too bad about the quality.

Fairly similar in some ways, but overall I liked Gungrave more. No way 91 Days will have as good an ending

AOTS

AOTS no doubt. The keikaku this episode was 11/10.

There are no Zombies.

>it took three of you to kill me
>1 vs 1 me next time

Why didn't they just stab his neck?

This guy was a fucking beast.

What hero Del Toro was.

Nah, that was the Mexican impenetrable guy

Played like a fiddle.

Ganzo was the one to bring misery to him and everyone around him.

Why is Angelo so based?

I like how nobody in the Vanetti family knew of his betrayal.

Got exactly what I expected - some jap watching too much mafia movies and trying to make his own version of it.
Kinda neat in it's own way, but nothing outstanding.
Scene with Corteo and Fango was 10/10 though. Especially in sound design.

I already liked Fango's VA. Now I love him.

I also want to see Fango's girlfriend once more before the show is over.

Would have been AOTY if Kabaneri didn't air this year. AOTS by a long shot.

this shit got me hype as fuck

webm where?

How dense can one man be?

Why kill a sick dying man when you can destroy his family and everything he worked for his entire life.

He died without knowing what the fuck happened.

Just what he deserved.

>a good friend that is a bit paranoid
Nah.

Is every spic in this a terminator?

>DEL TORO
>Spic

yes, and? spic last name, like that mexican film director

>Guillermo del Toro was born October 9, 1964 in Guadalajara Jalisco, Mexico.

>paranoid
it was an educated guess
he was right about errything

Your face when?

He's Italian.

The name is common to Italy and Spain.

Unless spic also refers to Italians.

So why exactly did they kill uncle?

Man, the last episode was awesome.

Because they said not to touch their Don and uncle promised them Angelo wouldn't.

My favorite anime of this season

Is it still selling like shit?

His life, legacy and lineage.

FUCKING WRECKED.

good things never sell

this isn't an isekai story so it's going to sell horribly.

Since 91 days is so western, I think it could get some appreciation if it got on Netflix but I doubt that'll happen.

It's just shit compared to Re:Zero. Stop blaming the genre, shit show doesn't sell.

>MFW I like both 91 Days and Re:Zero

AOTS

Poor Fio.

Re:Zero is shit
Dumb frogposter

Saved

He died not knowing that the uncle killed him.

>Became the Dons right hand man with only 3 months
>Single-handedly destroy the entire family
>Only 15 years old

Absolute madman

A couple episodes behind, but so far I like it a lot. Not a big fan of the serious, silent edgy kid protagonist, but it isn't bothering me here.

Only issue I have is the animation

Was getting caught part of his plan???

Of course not.

In between this and a book called Traitor Baru Comorant the amount of keikaku doori is up to fucking 11.

Any failed plan can be part of a new plan.

>mfw i like everything
livin the pleb life is great huh, dumb frogposter

It'll definitely be worth a rewatch once the blurays are out and fixes most of the shit key frames.

So the 11th episode actually aired? Wasn't it supposed to be delayed or some shit?

Worst show of the season and disappontment of the year. Shuka was a mistake.

It's not moeshit so I can't convince my friends to watch something interesting for once.

It's nice to have a bad guy story once in a while, shame its so rare.

Don't quote me on that, but only one of the three channels it airs on had it delayed, the rest worked as usual.

That was most likely a misinterpretation or complete bullshit. I saw a post saying that the 11th episode still aired on a different channel, but I'm not believing shit on this board.

You've got moefriends? I'm a bit jealous, but I'm surprised they wouldn't be interested. Usually it's way harder to convince normies to watch moeshit.

There was an announcement by one of the channels airing 91 days that it's delayed for them.
That was posted here on Cred Forums.
Shortly afterwards ANN and crunchy announced that it's delayed probably taking their information from here without checking it.
Turns out the other channels aired it normally

This isn't the greatest show in the world.

But it's decent. And I LOVE that it's actually decent, like, fucking finally some competent writing and an interesting story. You can't help but go into these types of shows with the "tryhard" expectation that Japan *tries* to write a serious story only to fuck it up by treating its audience like idiots who will love a show just based on its style.

I'm just saying that this show hasn't fucked up yet and the final episode is next week. So I'm pretty happy with this show.

not as bad as re:zero

I really don't think they will do any kind of bait and switch with the series, they're going to hate fuck than kill.

it sucks but I still kept up with it

>Things that sell more are better

Guess that makes SAO one of the best anime of all time then.

The anime is garbage and the directing is terrible.
It's not very entertaining, not comfy nor does it delivers likable characters.
You only like it because of the western setting and edginess.
Too bad, just like in US, edgy idiots don't buy anything because they are too edgy to support what they like.

>No way Spanish and Italian languages and names could share similarities

>SAO one of the best anime of all time then.
No.
That makes Gundam SEED the best anime of all time.
Praise Jesus Yamato

When was the last time we had a satisfying Keikaku Lord like Angelo?

he's 19

Last episode had a great twist. I was actually watch this to see if the Angelo would kill Nero, but seeing Angelo destroy Nero's family was even better.

lel-elf at the beginning of Valvrave? Though his keikakus were more in the asspull territory. Still fun.

>hurr durr 11 minutes

Or whatever the fuck that was.

>It's not very entertaining, not comfy nor does it delivers likable characters.

Do characters have to be likable? Angelo is not even likable. He's a depressed drunk suffering from PTSD who drags his innocent friend into this awful world of crime for his own selfish reasons.

The most important thing is that we can empathize/relate in some way. We understand his need for revenge and if you are watching this show I assume that you want him to achieve his goals as well. The scene with him running off with Corteo and killing him didn't feel hamfisted or forced either. As an example in Re:Zero they don't really explore Emilia's and Subaru's relationship so it's hard to understand why he loves her and why he does all this shit for her. In 91 Days we get a way better sense of Corteo's and Angelo's relationship and we can understand why Angelo tried to help Corteo escape and why killing him has set Angelo down into a suicidal path.

>not comfy

Are revenge stories supposed to be comfy?!

Was Corteo rushing him?

Yeah probably.

It was probably the side of Avilio that was grieving his friend's death and wanted the Vanettis' suffering to begin as soon as possible.

Nah he was dragging.

L-elf was an entertaining level of keikaku.

You mean 3:14?

How old is Nero? He looked pretty mature at Lagusa's killing.

Can they fix it? I mean, for some episodes, there's pretty much the 2/3 to redo.

If it wasn't for Corteo Angelo would be sitting next to Nero in the theater and then happily discussing the play in the bar afterwards. I guess uncle wouldn't come out as well if Corteo hadn't acted. Dude liked that comfort zone.

Felt like a rush to cross to the other side thought, the presence of Corteo didn't feel all that vengeful.

>3:14
Yeah that one.

I would be ok with that. But I'm also ok with all the suffering we got, and probably going to get by the end.

He was still in his teens during the Lagusa shooting, if i remember correctly.
He's apparently 21 according to the wiki.

It's a bit funny if you imagine he waited outside the room until it was exactly 14 past 3. The autism was real with Eruerufu.

He was 14.

You guys are really tempting me to pick up Valvawhatever.

But I heard that it's a shitshow down the line.

He actually did it the absolute madman

S1 is great
S2 is meh

I think it's one of those you call "so bad it's good".

Watch it with friends and you'll get some laughs.

Chocolate Man from IBO is quite entertaining.

But man, I sure hope he actually gets it next season, because Gali Gali deserves justice.

What's up with Lagusa and Corteo, are they like homos or something?

I don't like everything. Taboo Tattoo was terrible, for example.
But both 91 Days and Re:Zero are great enjoyable shows (possibly the two best of the season) and I don't want people fighting over them.

Every man in this show is homo except Fango. He is bisexual.

>I made you kill your best friend
>I made you kill your brother
>I killed your other best friend
>I gave your father cancer
>now I am going to kill you
It's like the plot to the only non-completely shit Punisher movie.

His keikaku was literally just aiding Tekkadan and fucking over his bro at the end because he doesn't like the current system.

>this fucking face
How did Uncle think it was a good idea to let him near don Galassi?

Mind-broken Angelo is best Angelo honestly

Smarter than literally every other Gundam villain though.

But hey, most action shows don't have the time to set up huge keikaku anyway. Either that or they turn into asspull central.

It's a fun show if you don't take it too seriously.

Gundam villains aren't particularly smart. Barring maybe Char.

>91 days until Christmas

This is not the thread I was thinking of.

Should have posted the one on the chair.

>image.png
Why is this allowed on Cred Forums now?

Watch it and imagine a shitstorm that happened on Cred Forums during airing

Best move of the whole show. I was honestly wondering how Angelo was going to get rid of him, because there was no way the Uncle was going to let him live after he was done with Angelo.

I feel bad for laughing at this. Poor Corteo.

Gotta remind myself to never leave any leftovers when murdering families.

>Keikaku Lord
Hardly. Only reason he succeeds is because his threshold for failure is so low, its almost impossible for him to lose.

First think if you ever leave leftovers on your plate, then think bigger, son

AOTS
O
T
S

The new episode was great in almost every aspect, a little sad for the QUALITY though.

If there is a god, someone will rip the BDs

>that scene where the Mexican guy gets hit by the truck and it zooms in on the dog
This was probably the worst scene I've seen in a while. Anyone else feel the same?

>Low Budget
>Storyline that'd be pretty mediocre had it been a live tv show
It's mediocre...

I found it hilarious, especially with the piano sound effects.

But Corteo won the bowl in the end.

Tigre and Cerotto may actually defy all expectations and be the only survivors of the main cast.

Tigre, Cerotto, Lacrima and Fio

Kabaneri fucking sucked and was always the same shit every ep

Mobbu is AOTY with 91 days coming in at #2

Well I think everyone know at this point that everyone will die sadly.

No happy ending as it should be.

No circus adventures for you

Fango's slut isnt even close to main cast

And Fio is going to do the old "im taking you to hell with me!" kill+suicide if Angelo doesnt actually shoot himself when he's done

Welp, last ep ends with Angelo getting caught behind some shitty alley, wondering how they could drag this out for 2 more eps instead of straight up shooting him

what 2 eps? you're forgetting the shitty recap taking up one of the 13 eps

I just wish Corteo survived and and a little more Fango would be cool.

Fango getting shot in the playhouse would have been amazing considering his character style.

of coursh
he crashed this playhouse
WITH NO SURVIVORS

I wouldn't be mad if Avillio and Nero decided to say Fuck the Mafia and went in Circus adventures with Corteo, but that just my faggot part wanting for a happy ending for everyone.

God damn I don't even know what to expect next episode. Angelo did what he wanted and doesn't give a fuck if he dies now. Should be interesting.
Don't fuck this up Shuka

Along with Rakugo contender for AoTY

Oh come the fuck on, it isn't even remarkable enough for AOTS, not to mention mid season recap for one cour and all the QUALITY.

So enlighten good sir, what is in your opinion remarkable enough for this AoTS?

Tigre would survive a nuclear warhead going off next to his head.

My point isn't that there's some clear-cut masterpiece to blow everything out of the watrer airing, but rather that an AOTS shouldn't be chosen on the merit of 'we rarely get things like it' or 'the direction is above average'. To my mind there's nothing exceptional about it, and the production issues prevent it from being an overall good pick.

>Testa and Vincent were best friends
Really? Testa was pretty quick to grab the knife when his BFF came visiting. And why didn't Angelo have recognized Vincent and Nero as the assassins if they were so close?

Fair enough. But still, I genuinely enjoyed this show despite certain episodes having bad overall quality. In my opinion no other anime compares in this season with 91 days. Maybe only Mob but everything else is pretty subpar.

Mob hasn't even gotten to the good parts man.

I enjoyed it as well, but then again, I usually enjoy anime even if I think it's below average. It's a fine show, and this season was pretty disappointing so I get where you're coming from.
Mob vs Teru was pretty hype, so was the last episode.

The history repeats itself, probably

>so far
>one episode left
Anyway, very good show hampered by QUALITY and some cliche writing.