Violet Evergarden

Novel chapters 1 and 2 are translated

x0401x.tumblr.com/post/145954838199/violet-evergarden-chapter-1-part-1

>Our first protagonist in the short, The Author and the Auto Memories Doll. A writer that cannot write anymore. Is gifted with Violet (and her writing services) for a period of three days to help encourage him to be able to write again.

>The second short’s protagonist. Featured in The Young Girl and the Auto Memories Doll. A young girl who becomes jealous when her mother rents Violet to help write something.

>The protagonist in the third short, The Boy and the Auto Memories Doll. Soldier who encounters Violet while on a mission.

>Our protagonist in the fourth short, The Scientist and the Auto Memories Doll. Is partnered with Violet when his employer pairs researchers and Auto Memories Dolls together for a collection of research pieces.

>The “writer” in the fifth short, The Prisoner and the Auto Memories Doll. Has prior knowledge of Violet and her owner. Is a giant prick.

First story seems quite grim, but seems might be some more lighthearted in others - but generally seems well written and not a typical material for KyoAni.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0CJeDetA45Q?t=6s
youtu.be/0CJeDetA45Q?t=10s
youtu.be/0CJeDetA45Q?t=15s
pastebin.com/x5a1GH6K
youtube.com/watch?v=vbpFQXc8C8M
youtube.com/watch?v=jbhcChdCAUk
youtube.com/watch?v=LkRmIJqIn_w
youtube.com/watch?v=gEUzRnWuy_o
youtube.com/watch?v=NK-yBkN9_eI
youtube.com/watch?v=D3gAHxI4M7Y
amazon.co.jp/KAエスマ文庫-ヴァイオレット・エヴァーガーデン-上巻-暁-佳奈/dp/4907064438/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474732209&sr=8-1
kyotoanimation.co.jp/books/violet/special/tameshiyomi/01/
x0401x.tumblr.com/post/145954838199/violet-evergarden-chapter-1-part-1
pastebin.com/1bXqCLPt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtu.be/0CJeDetA45Q?t=6s

The scene where Violet Dances near the lake
is same spot where the MCs daugther died exact on his hands

0:10
youtu.be/0CJeDetA45Q?t=10s
seems from 2nd short story

0:15
youtu.be/0CJeDetA45Q?t=15s
3rd story

“What happens to the black tea you drank?”

Feeling herself being questioned, Violet tilted her head a little. “It will eventually be discharged from my body… and return to the earth?” she replied. It was a very machine doll-like answer.

War buddies?

Seems so. At 0:19 at Cm you can see Violet carrying one of them through the fire there.

I'm hoping Takase Akiko is able to do anime's character designs. I don't want another Kyoukai no Kanata to happen.

KnK character designs looked great. And that novel and anime designs differ is given in absolutely every adaptation.

I would be very surprised if she did them. It'll probably be Kadowaki again because Ishidate loves her.

Weren't the (better) CM designs by the novel's illustrator and anime designs by someone else though?

I wonder how they`ll adapt first story. Start with "heavy stuff" aka the Oscars history and go lengthy through the death of his wife, suffering and death of the daugther, abandonment of the friend who cared of them etc. or the moment of him getting a task to write a new script and getting Violet - revealing the grim details later.

Yes, the original designer left so they had somebody else adapt them.

This is going to hurt the heart, isn't it?
I just hope they don't sanitize the dark parts again and save them for an OVA/movie like what happened with KnK.

Why does she bites the pendant (0:15)?

MC uses an axe, right?

God tier weapon right there

That's just chapter 1 in two parts, you made me think we had new material you fuck wad

>tumblr
No thanks.

pastebin.com/x5a1GH6K

Fujoshit

I don't think you know what that means.

I am pretty sure remove the part of Oscar being drug addict, simply because of japanese laws.

>omelet rice
>tofu hamburger recipe from the East

I thought this took place in the early to mid 20th century?

Is this actually good

I kind of want to read it but I'm afraid of wasting my shekels

has anyone here actually read the whole thing

still a fantasy world

Whoever wrote the pastebin of spoilers seemed pretty pleased with it, that's all for Cred Forums though.
I think the only other english-language impressions of the full book (also very positive) were from ultimatemegax.

What would be the most profitable way to adapt this that can also satisfy the fans?

Could it be possible to make one movie of each chapter? Kyoani could make it a massive movie franchise with one movie every year, it could become a must watch for everyone in Japan?

A mix of movies and TV?

Worst case, they make one movie out of all chapters. That would be a waste of potential, bring low profit and give a bad experneice to fans.

Just making a TV series could also be really, really good, but it'd probably flop and sell at most a few thousands, wastes potential and may even lose them money.

I'm talking about japanese language impressions

Then I again I can't really depend on the shit taste and low standards of most people who read LNs

>Kyoani could make it a massive movie franchise with one movie every year
The only movie level story in the first volume is her flashback which takes up the final third of the book.

>Could it be possible to make one movie of each chapter?
No. They might fit the whole novel in one Movie, but not the opposite.

Most pleasing would be TV series with multiple episodes per short story.

Kyoukai anime has lot of older casts.
If they kept the LN design, they would have to make these look like a grandma.

I was actually surprised by how much the chapter didn't suck. I was expecting the usual shit from LN, but it was actually quite nice. The only scene that I didn't like was the "bathroom" one and even that was tasteful.

>The only scene that I didn't like was the "bathroom" one and even that was tasteful.
This.

Yeah, that was the most cliché moment but it was used to tell the story (ie revealing what she really is) and wasn't overindulged in. (You can tell it's a female writer) It could be a moment of classy fanservice in the anime without being too retarded.

Who will voice Violet?

Yeah, the scene was over quite fast, served a storytelling purpose, and with didn't went the "KYAA ECHI! neck-breaking slap" thingy that LN writers usually love to insert on those scenes. I really hope someone decides to translate the rest of the novel.

Saori Hayami since Kyoani have a huge boner for her.

Apple Siri

Mai Nakahara

Hopefully some newbie

Yukarin

Please no.

While I was reading I didn't gave her a voice, but I'd think that Misato Fukuen could pull it off. HanaKana too, if she isn't asked to use her usual "moe-voice."

I could hear that

Ignore the newfags. There is only one correct choice and its Kikuko Inoue

youtube.com/watch?v=vbpFQXc8C8M

I can almost see the prostitution doujins writing themselves at Violet's introductionary scene. That's usually a good sign.

Literally doesn't fit.

This is some real /lit/ shit

>What was reflected in Oscar’s eyes was a sight more bewitchingly beautiful than any naked woman. Dripping golden hair. Beautiful blue orbs of a dimension that would not soften even within a painting. The finely-shaped lips just below them. A flesh body with a slender neck, an outstanding collarbone, plump breasts, and feminine curves.

Can't wait to see this animated.

So each chapter is a different story?

Yes

Sounds a bit too old/mature for her. It needs to be softer.

And the hype is real, the prose, at least, is a league above most LNs.

She plays a Mother figure in the show, so Kikuko is perfect. Just has to use a more calm voice - the fact that most know her in extremes as either saint Belldandi or in opposite mature vixen milf doesnt mean thats her whole range. She can sound not to mature and refined.

youtube.com/watch?v=jbhcChdCAUk
youtube.com/watch?v=LkRmIJqIn_w
youtube.com/watch?v=gEUzRnWuy_o
youtube.com/watch?v=NK-yBkN9_eI
youtube.com/watch?v=D3gAHxI4M7Y

Weave the initial tragic family backstory into the final lake scene and it'd be 9/10. Why aren't the author making more volumes of this?

Writing books takes time.

The book was released on last year's Christmas. 9 months is plenty.

Honestly Kyoani might be waiting for book 2 to come out right now. I personally think Book 1 alone isn't enough to make a 13-episode run, also the anime would promote book 2.

So, *how* can I get the book? I think this one is worth my money.

Amazon.

They probably have the manuscript for book 2.

Episodes 1-4 of KnK covered the first LN and they had the manuscript for the second. Of course there was a lot of filler padding added though.

Disagree. The tragic family story has value on itself, and requires more time than just flashback at the end. I woudnt mind whole episode dedicated to their lives, with Violet appearing only at the end. Otherwise the emotional weight is insufficient.

One has to truly portray the suffering he went through - being a poor playwright and finding waifu, becoming popular and rich and building a house and preparing to live a happy life with wife and kid, wife dieing and him finding out she lied to him about her condition, wife`s friend starting to help them, him being tought on daugther and acting unreasonable because of wifes death, before discovering daugther is sick too. Desperate attempts to find cure for her, the wife`s friend who helped them giving up and abandoning them, daugther becoming sick looking and unpleasant to look at, giving up on hope to cure her, accepting her future demise and fighting daugthers so that they stop threating her and just give her painkillers. And the final scenes on the lake. Breaking apart, becoming insufferable lazy drunk and drug addict no one wants to deal with and being approached out of pity by old friend with job offer - but finding you cant even write properly now, since health deteorated.

It`ll be a huge waste to just "shortcut" it, plus it will be good opportunity to actually introduce the world it take place in.

amazon.co.jp/KAエスマ文庫-ヴァイオレット・エヴァーガーデン-上巻-暁-佳奈/dp/4907064438/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474732209&sr=8-1

It's this one, right? Does it ship internationally

It does

well it does to America atleast

OP by Nano.Ripe
ED by Ali Project

What is this 2011?

Now that I check Amazon again
>2000 yen
>When KA's site lists its price at 648 yen
Is the book out of print or something? I'll just use a bistip proxy, fuck that noise.

Ok,
>OP by Element Garden
>ED by ZAQ

Someone who has a slightly deadpan voice
she's supposed to be emotionally numb and kuudere-like

mamiko noto ?

>mamiko noto
If she did the same voice she did for Yakumo it would be PERFECT

airing when?

I wish I cared about this but it seems very generic.

How so?

whether they're dead or not, we'll be getting some delicious older ladies.

The Pic from OPs post is from second short story, so the milf and a kid in it are alive.

It is like everything else out there. What is the gimmick?

I'm getting Kino vibes from this

b8

>bishounens and a qt FeMC
Aside from that does it have shoujo and reverse-harem elements?

Are the raws anywhere?

VEG site
No

Without romance at all?

>VEG site
What's this?

There's no romance so far.
kyotoanimation.co.jp/books/violet/special/tameshiyomi/01/

>There's no romance so far
>so far
Lets just hope the most alpha male wins violetbowl.

Its episodic story and she is a typewriter robot for fuck sake. Its essentially a tale about IPhone7 with Sisi passed down from one person to another making photos of their life and sending SMS helping solve their problems.

She's human.

She`s just a typewriter scientist made for his nearsighted waifu. Mass produced mind you, and used at war and in normal life in simple menual tasks.

>“If you wish, I could also breathe more quietly.”
I see, so Auto-Memories-Dolls have this use too..

HUMAN
U
M
A
N

What i like is that Violet does appear to actually have character - not just a meek obedient slave doll. Have own temperament, "beliefes" and "regulations" as well some conflicts. Reminds how Kumiko is such a good character because of being imperfect.

I really like her so far. Might surpass Kumiko for me when it's adapted.

>Violet to surpass Kumiko
Not when Ishidate "Why show and don't tell when you can not show at all" adapts it. He's too shitty of a director to make this decent.

>Might surpass Kumiko
That's a bold claim.

She isnt. She is just an only prototyle Proffessor made for his waifu, superior to all other copies. Unique, but not human though.

She seems like a cookie cutter kuudere to me.

Her overly elegant way of saying "I'm going to piss the tea out" was funny I guess

>"Why show and don't tell when you can not show at all"
what?

“The technology of the present human civilization hasn’t reached that level yet. There are actual mechanical dolls, though. Some cute ones. But I just… thought she’d be a good medicine for someone like you, a shut-in who doesn’t interact with people. That girl… doesn’t talk much, but she has the power to restore people. It served the purpose, right?”

“Yeah.”

She was indeed quiet, but, yes, she was a really good girl.

“They’re no match for Violet Evergarden, but next time, for you to have a permanent assistant, I’ll send you a secretary that isn’t half-human.”

Source: x0401x.tumblr.com/post/145954838199/violet-evergarden-chapter-1-part-1

I should add he calls her "half human" due to the fact she is android who lost her hands in the war. Her new metal ones let her type with precision and accuracy, and it's why she's so useful as an Auto-memories Doll

He's the only director who could make it decent.

>kuudere
She is an adult looking person with mentality of small child, but restrained by regulations and guidelines to act refined and in accordance with her program. Kuuderes are cool unemotional, meanwhile Violet doesnt withold her opinion and easily reprimands her "Master", bit stubborn and unreasonable, but at same time patronizing. A really strange mix.

The most interesting part about her so far is to figure which her is the core of her character and real (same as which Kumiko is real - the one at home, with friends at school or with Reina) - a maid, a child, a mother, a robot, a soldier etc.

Its just as i said. She is "original" Auto-Memories Doll. How you think she ran with inhuman speed, made earth tremor with a kick and run on water surface. She doesnt even need to breath.

And this part is fake spoiler reposted from troll from old threads where no one actually read the novel yet.

>And this part is fake spoiler reposted from troll from old threads where no one actually read the novel yet.
Except it's actually in the source provided you twat.

Now it isnt. The spoilered part is just a quote from available translation about the fact shes nothing like a serial mechanicall dolls, after Oscar seen her in a bath and seeing perfect female body went ballistic.

And the part about her being human who lost arms, is fake spoiler from long before.

pastebin.com/1bXqCLPt
These are real spoilers from Novelanon.

Fake, as always.

Gilbert finds Violet, as a kid - she was already like that. She didnt age since than in over at least dozen years. She is superhuman soldier too.

The Oscar episode is actually after all those events and she joined the company recently - aka 10-15 years of her actual creation.

Prove that you've read it then. Take a picture of the book with the date and I'll believe you.

Source?

All these meme spoilers remind me of Phantom World.

glad you're back to disrupt threads, fake-kun