Now that the dust has settled, what is the consensus on Bleach?

Now that the dust has settled, what is the consensus on Bleach?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LEUM7SZbkl4
youtube.com/watch?v=P8Cw31uxUFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UFGHBiRjy5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's shit

wasted potential

the heart

It gave us Rukia so it's alright.

Manga started hella strong, went down in quality majorly after volume 20

I got to see Kenpachi rape some fags. So it was pretty cool.

its been finished for weeks and Cred Forums is still full of threads about it.

Are they still in the Soul Society?

Stopped watching and reading after Soul Society arc.

Too many characters not enough story planning

Kubo started to give no fucks at the end and did a big fuck you to everybody and i am not talking about the shipping ends only.

I'm hard pressed to find another manga that made it so big and crashed so hard

the ending was rushed

It should have at least ended at Aizen's defeat.

Personally I liked a lot of the side-characters and think there was potential to make the world very interesting. I'd love if it went into a "slice of life"-ish direction that's focused on Soul Society and the day to day lives of the inhabitants with occasional bigger stories.

it should have ended in the Arrancar arc.

That was the best part of bleach.

The ending was meh as fuck but it was ok for damage control.

this, Kubo could be a fucking hack but the world he created was interesting and complex (in a bad way)

Too much wasted potential.

he had 7 fucking years

It's shit. Bleach should have ended after SS arc and Rukia should have won.

Rukia best girl
Went to shit after SS

was really good for a bit , then they went to filler always wonder who quit the writing crew ? but after that it fell off a cliff.

the true ending is the end of the aizen arc. after that don't bother

It was good, then it was bad.

I miss the anime.

> had too many characters nobody gives a shit about
> fullbring arc was a mistake
> kubo had no idea where he's going with his story
> ichigo's gang wasn't significant in any way
> shit pacing
> ichigo blandest main character ever created
> ichibowl was never a thing besides the fanboys pushing it hard

kubo should've stuck with captains and espadas.

Remember when no one really died in soul society? Oops.

>muh seinen and death

Kiddy tier writing, Kubo is better than that.

>Stopped watching and reading after Soul Society arc.
THE MEME

Shit story, shit pacing, historically shit finale, colorful vibrant characters stuck in a terrible story, Ichigo being one of the most (pun unintended) hollow main characters of any shounen.

Strawberry >= Soul Society >>> Fullbringer > Quincy War > Hueco Mundo

I got about halfway though the next arc before dropping it because it was blatantly going "power levels" at that point.

Somehow, it managed to be more shit than Nardo.

wasted potential and rushed ending
character designs were cool , storytelling was lame

Top Tier waifus and keikaku moments.

What did he mean by this?

>It should have at least ended at Aizen's defeat.
Kubo still had to explain lots of stuff like Soul King and show all the bankais... Wait. Fuck.

>How it really went down
>Plans out enough content for 1 year
>Spends next 6 "winging it"

Could have just wrote a databook or saved it for Bleach 2.

Alternatively he could have literally wrapped all of those things up during fake karakura town arc and deicide.

only stupid people kept reading passed soul society and given that a lot of people did, it's obvious this was a stupid series for stupid people written by an idiot

how did you know it was going to be shit before it was out?

Why would people stop reading after the SS arc? The ending of that arc just left us with more questions.

Girls were great. Yoruichi seems especially popular.

reddit trash

Why don't they just remake the first arc? Or into a movie?

Why remake the only good arc?
They're making a movie btw, they announced it after the manga finished

Because it CAN be better.
And fuck real action movies, japs with wigs is cringeworthy. Also that's just selling out. Japs can't act.

Loved it 10 years ago. Still love it for some reason even though it was not good.

Yeah, but the other arcs have so much more room for improvement, wouldn't it just be more interesting to just remake those?
I just don't get why you would specifically only want a remake of the first arc, instead of the entire series.

It's good until the last 80 chapters.

So yeah, it's still good.

youtube.com/watch?v=LEUM7SZbkl4

Remake the fullbringer arc for all I care, I'm just talking what's most profitable.

You're the audience though, why do you care about profits?
You should only care about seeing what you want to see.

>Said outright he wouldn't like a Bleach live action because it wouldn't work

>Announces a live action movie once his shitfest ends publication

The hypocrite.

He's not the one making it though

Looked like a rush job or if his past commentary in between tankobon are any indication, he's pretty much lost interest in Bleach. The later would explain why the ending was so shit in terms of closure.

At least Orihime got to drink her strawberry milk in the end.

He was the one allowing it, though. He gets royalties.

If he lost interest then why did he write the last arc? Why didn't he just end it four years ago when the chance presented itself?

To be fair, they did a Bleach live stage show and it was complete shit. He's justified when he says it'd be shit, but companies will do anything for publicity and money.

Lots of shit changes in 4 years.

Maybe he shouldn't have taken 4 years to write the last arc

Went to shit directly after the rescue arc
I thought that was the consensus already

Overlong

Too many characters

boring

It's plain simple user - because he had a job to finish. For example there people have shitty jobs they don't want to do but that doesn't make them stop working because they are obligated to do so for reasons like money, contract, etc.

I doubt he had much say in how long the manga would be running. If his superiors or boss told him to drag it on, he would have done it regardless of anything else.

>he did Wandenreich because of contractual obligations

Pretty sure the second he pulled that arc out everyone thought he was just desperately trying to keep Bleach going.

See

Who the fuck wanted him to keep going? Didn't everyone get drop the manga during Hueco Mundo?
What producer or editor or whoever the fuck runs the manga would sign on for another 4 years of a series that's already dead?

>Manga started hella strong, went down in quality majorly after volume 20
I really would have prefered if the story revolved around Ichigo's home And have the characters travel from the human world to the soul society and back again. The story ending up stuck in Soul Society exclusively is what bored me. I want to see how it affects humans.

>editors
those are the fuckers to blame the pace at mexico, fkt and the last part of fullbring, but yeah, the last arc is all on him
if you go from the last chapter of fullbring to the final 2 chapters, cutting all of jewbaca of course, it goes a lot more smother than what we got, so imo he had the final planned, but not the way how to get there

Because it was a huge cash cow and people don't let go of those until they're pretty much dead. By 2016 Bleach was pretty much on it's last legs. Look at the marketing side - I mean no anime, no decent games, no nothing worth mentioning. Meanwhile Naruto is still going in various media with a successor already running.

Bleach became a disowned child.

But I want to see the soul society arc as-well...

Bleach was on it's last legs during Hueco Mundo and died halfway through Fake Karakura Town though.

why didn't they just cancel the manga the second he started writing fullbring? If they wanted the package to be neater why not just cancel it when he finished fullbring?
I can't believe it's because he was "forced" to do it.
It sounds alot more like he was given complete creative control and abused it to keep it going.
I can't imagine someone seeing the dropping numbers in 2012 and thinking "yeah thisll work for another 4 years get to it"

a lot of people talk shit about fb, but it started very interesting and actually refreshing from almost six years of fighting, it went to shit the moment the captains showed up

soul society was second arc.

Fullbring should've just been a new series.

Also it was literally just the vaizard arc again.

>I'm hard pressed to find another manga that made it so big and crashed so hard
Not One Piece

>Who the fuck wanted him to keep going?
The publishers that were still making a more than tidy profit.

Who the fuck else do you think cared enough? Even Kubo was done with the project.

No, I get that you're saying it's the publishers, my question is what publishers? what profit? There was no one left to make money on.
Even the diehard fans were turning their backs. The only people here who even finished reading it read a free scanlation.

>no Isshin bankai
>no Aizen bankai
>no Ukitake bankai
>no Shinji and almost all the rest of the vizards bankai

how can you end a series without showing all the characters full power fuck

I've always wondered if Isshin had something similar to Yamamoto.

it still sells 400k per volume, so there's that

I don't know, user.

A musical and an actual live action movie are not exactly the same.

One naturally can't expect too much from a musical from a tecnhical point of view, it makes you enjoy other elements from it.

But a movie is a different thing. And that's why it would suck harder.

thought it was alright

It's shit.

Apparently, his Bankai puts a lot of stress on his body. Maybe it puts him at danger of overheating.

It's only shit when you expect the musical to be something it's not meant to be. The musical is fun, the songs are catchy, most actors are well-cast.

Top tier casting
except for rukia and ichigo.

I think old Rukia was the best actress and best singer.

As for the 2016 cast, I can't judge without watching first.

Garbage. Not worth the paper its printe don.

youtube.com/watch?v=P8Cw31uxUFQ
Whose scream was best?
Sub dub or musical?

Watch the anime up to the end of Soul Society, then stop.
That's my recommendation.
Filler arcs are shit even if Zanpakuto Rebellion gave us some amazing waifus.
Actual story past that drags its feet way too fucking much.

youtube.com/watch?v=UFGHBiRjy5M
the openings are pretty good thoughout though.
Just watch those instead of the show.

>dust
this is unironically my favourite meme

Plays, and the future movie are fuck all garbage. Literally only loved by ichiruki cancer.

>ichiruki cancer

I used to be IchigoxOrihime but the more I look at it the more bland I realize their relationship is.
IchigoxRukia has a dynamic at the very least.

Ichirukists are polluting the musical community with their ignorance. They only care about using stuff from the musical to prove that theirs is the one true religion.

True fans of the musical enjoy watching actors sing, dance, have fun, and occasionally pretend they're manga characters. Some musical fans don't even read or watch Bleach.

Ichigo/Orihime is planned from the pilot and telegraphed during the course of the manga.

Which is why I'm rather surprised Kubo skips the romance and interaction part almost completely. For instance:

- after two failed attempts at Ichigo walking Orihime home, he doesn't show a successful attempt
- after having Orihime confess and not-kiss Ichigo while he's unconscious, there's no confession while he's conscious
- of all people Ichigo wants to protect, and all pairs of boobs he wants to ogle, why is Orihime the one he marries? he never says what makes her special to him

It's one thing to not focus on romance, it's another to plant seeds and then not do anything about it.

But I guess it's on par with other, non-romance, plot threads he started and abandoned. Ichigo/Orihime romance is just like Shuuhei's bankai.

idk...

Since it's generally agreed that the overly huge amount of characters is part of what held Bleach back, who would you have cut in order to bring the numbers to a more manageable level?

I'm someone who has never bothered with Bleach, but I'm still sad Rukia never ended up with the MC. She's the cutest.

I mean, they made it clear that orihime had a crush on Ichigo, but they never showed him having any interest in her as anything more than a friend.

I have no doubt it was the original intention.

80% of the arrancar should have been unnamed background characters, since that's basically what they amounted to anyway.

Some of these doesn't need to be cut altogether but just keep them at the background or kill them early

Rose, Love, Mashiro, Kensei, Giriko, Jackie, 2/3 of Sternritters, Hisagi, Tousen, Komamura, Ryuunosuke, Shino

Apparently, in Japan, declaring that you'll protect somebody no matter what is an indication that you feel more than friendship with whomever you're making the declaration to. I don't remember where I heard this, so take it with a grain of salt.

but he did that for Rukia too

I AM MAD

I feel like people just overthink it cause they're so used to romance being written in a very specific and cliched way. It was not overt, but it was obvious. Sometimes things don't need to be spelled out in neon letters to make sense. Orihime liked him. Ichigo treated her differently than any other female he interacted with.

When I compare Ichigo/Orihime to Naruto/Hinata or Goku/Bulma (the prototype), I can say that Kubo did a better job than most.

It's fine the way it is and a lot less frustrating than most of the writing (but then, I'm not overly invested in seeing Ichigo walk Orihime home, especially when it's more than obvious that he eventually does at some point. Why do I need to be told this?). For example, the way Kubo handled the Soul King and his death or Yhwach not being able to see Uryuu coming with that arrow.

I was right. I won.
Orihime best girl and waifu

shit since soul society ended

not even worth paying attention to since aizen's arc ended

Unnecessarily convoluted.

Almost every character appearance in the latter 2/3 of the manga relied on the reader's good will built up for them in the first 1/3.

When your central cast becomes nothing but recurring cameo appearances, that ain't good.

Ichi parings are all shit.

That person is referencing a specific moment in the manga.

Ichigo wants to protect a mountain of people, but there's only one person he bowed in front of and declared to protect without fail.

I feel like he declared he was going to protect Rukia as well

>When your central cast becomes nothing but recurring cameo appearances, that ain't good.
Especially when your main character seems like an extra in what's supposed to be his story.

TatsukixOrihime was the better pairing

Sequel when?

Most likely never.

Pretty much all the openings and endings were gold.

4 'Good' arcs, 2 'Bad' Arcs.

Anybody who thinks Aizen should have been the end of the series CLEARLY did not read the manga.

Or did people conveniently forget about the QUincies:

1. Origins
2. why their powers eradicate Hollows
3. their goals
4. why the Soul Reapers and Quincies never get along for centuries

How about the reveal of the Zero Squad and why they were chosen?

How about revealing the Soul King and actually showing what happens when he's killed?

And before anybody says 'well we didn't get an explaination for Soul King', he isn't meant to be delved into. He's like Izuru Kamakura from Dangan Ronpa or the Tesseract from MCU. They are alive, but they are plot devices that are integral to their universe and how they function. No personality, no goals, no ticks, no determination, etc.

Or what about the backstory about Misaki Kurosaki and Isshin?

Not ichiaizen.

underrated post

Should've ended after Aizen. There was unanswered questions but there's still unanswered questions. There was great things in Bleach but it was sporadic and bare. 6/10 but still my favourite big three.

When?

That's not how you spell Rukia x Orihime.

The reason is because nobody fucking cared about the quincies.
There was no mystery with them until the wandenreich arc started, it was a pretty open and shut case.

They could have just dealt with the soul king at the end of the aizen arc, same with the Ichigo's mother shit.

He didn't need to write an entire story arc and bring up a hundred new characters to have a big war event just to do those two things.

When he was trying to prevent her from being executed

>The reason is because nobody fucking cared about the quincies.

But the Quincies were integral in the Pre-Reaper arc and designed as the Anti-Soul Reaper. Hell, the Mayuri fight with Uryu showed off a preview of the Final release form! Hell, Old Man Mainfestation was Juha Bach BEFORE he was introduced in the final arc.

>There was no mystery with them until the wandenreich arc started, it was a pretty open and shut case.

No it wasn't! THe origins, the reason for their power being wonky, their goal and their blood feud hadn't been elaborated on. The Quincy lore wasn't all that fleshed out.

It's the same problem that games like Dark Souls has with Demons. People WANT to see more about the demons, but we never got anywhere with them.

>They could have just dealt with the soul king at the end of the aizen arc, same with the Ichigo's mother shit.

Except Kubo couldn't because Aizen would have to destroy all of Karakura Town to get there. He isn't the son of the Soul King who KNOWS how the Spirit Palace works. Plus Ichigo told Isshin to tell him about his mother later.

It's even worse than it would have been.

A damn shame that in such a long running manga my favorite scene remains Rukia's rescue. Number One is still one of my workout songs.

Everyone assumed he was Zangetsu.
Also White Ichigo was originally just a manifestation he created to teach Ichigo how to wield his zanpakuto. After their first fight he re absorbs.

>A bunch of years ago there were humans called quincies, they shit all over the floor and refused to clean it up so we had to kill them to stop them from shitting all over the floor
made perfect sense and I can't see how anyone could read that and think "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER QUINCIES"
Everyone was pretty sure Ishida and his Dad were the last quincies.

He could have just wrote a different plan for Aizen to create the soul key, or pull another bullshit "twist" where it turns out the thing he wrote beforehand was just a lie and the real key to the soul kingdom was ichigo himself or some shit.

No. He's only ever had a scene like that with Orihime. That's not to say he doesn't want to protect everyone though.

I never understood the Soul King's role. How the fuck are they even rebuilding? How is everything not destroyed. Gotei 0 decimated, Soul King dead. Dude who made Zampakuto's also got fucked, right?

But that was the point! The author was trying to trick the reader with his plot twist. Old Man Manifestation looked, acted and preformed the powers of Juha Bach!

1.That's like how everybody assumed Jon Snow was the bastard son of Ned Stark but that was NEVER the intention by the author.

2. Uryu said he was the last of the Quincies, but then Ryuken showed up and said "No, I'M A QUINCY!" and threw out the whole 'last of the quincy deal' right out the window.

3. Aizen getting that far without any real fleshing out of the Zero Squad or the Spirit Palace would have been far more detrimental.

I would suspect a databook to answer that question the same way that it answered Ulquiorra stuff and Tia Harribel stuff.

OST is God tier. Even the worst of the OP and EDs are still ok.

>Goku/Bulma
Don't you mean Goku/Chichi?
Besides, Dragon Ball is in a different playing field. It has next to zero romance and only uses pairings as a means to produce next generation fighters. Its lack of romance is like in One Piece, except One Piece is happy just focusing on the current generation. The other extreme of this is romance shounen such as Nisekoi, Ichigo 100% and I's.

Bleach on the other hand is the kind where romance is not the focus, but it exists and flows with the plot. Others like this are Naruto, Kenshin and Flame of Recca. I suppose it's equal with Naruto where they need a movie to explain how Naruto and Hinata got together.

Bleach has very little romance in the series. It's very sidelined in general. Naruto was fucking FUELED by the Shipping wars. NaruHina and NaruSaku was basically anime equivalent of the Twilight relationships.

I don't get how you can establish that removing this one character will destroy the world's natural order and result in chaos only to kill him off and never offer any resolution.

At least nothing as stupid as "Ichigo is the new soul king!!!" happened. But, an explanation of what happened to the Soul King would be nice.

He didn't. He only said, twice, that he's gonna SAVE her.

And then he throws her at Renji and said that it's his job to PROTECT her.

1. The hints that Jon Snow was not actually his bastard son were clear and present and it was a reigning fan theory for decades.
There was absolutely nothing clear that Ichigo had quincy powers inside him, I recall there was actually a fan theory that his mother was an arrancar because of his hollow powers.

2. Ryuuken announced himself as the true last of the quincies when he revealed to ishida that he could restore his powers. Being the only other living quincy depicted in the show, nobody had any reason to doubt him.

3. The Zero Squad didn't fucking exist until after the Fullbring arc, also they were fucking shit.
"haha you guys were having trouble with aizen? we could have come down and beat him up in an instant but we didnt just because lol"

This, to me, is Bleach's one unforgivable flaw.

How can you spend multiple scenes of warning that the absence of Soul King means the destruction of worlds, have the MC slay the Soul King, and then don't explain how things are fixed? Makes me wish Aizen had won.

no matter how hard I tried I could never get up to Ichigo's first Bankai, it was to boring, I did watch last anime arc though, it was fine I guess.

1. Except he does the Shadow powers and Blut Vene on Ichigo during the Kenpachi Zaraki fight. How do you explain that?

2. Except that the Quincy heritage could easily have skipped Ryuuken's generation. It's entirely possible and we didn't get a conformation until AFTER he announced his powers. It's like how Yuzu and Karin, despite having a Quincy for a mom, aren't at all Quincies.

3. No, the existed WAY back in the Turn Back the Penduleum Arc. Volume 36 to be exact. Shusui talked about how Kirio Hikifune was promoted to Zero Squad and gave Aizen a panic attack for not knowing that.

They didn't come down because it was Soul Society's job to take care of that plane. Their job only comes into affect once a person invades the Spirit Palace. They are the last line of defense. This was explained too because Soi Fon asked this very question to the Zero Squad.

Did you try the manga?

When it comes to fandom, Bleach shipping wars are just as bad as Naruto shipping wars.

Romance in Bleach are sidelined but for Orihime's love getting spotlight like this scene. She's jealous of Rukia AFTER Rukia brought her the Ichigo who swore to protect her, suggesting that for her.

But then Rukia gives her some loving and Ulquiorra kidnaps her, it turns into a series of fight fight fight and Aizen being Aizen, and after the dust settles it's time skip like nothing happens.

And as I said above I see treatment on par with Kubo's other, non-romance, dropped plotlines.

I got further in the manga but still didn't make it

1. Blut Vene wasn't explained as a quincy thing until after the fullbring arc. There was no need for an explanation, when it happened everyone assumed "oh ok, I guess zanpakutou spirits can do that"
Keep in mind the only quincy at that point in the show was Ishida, and nothing Zangetsu did at that point matched Ishida's powers at the time.

2. Why does that matter? It didn't skip Ryuuken's generation, and even if it did, that just makes Ishida correct for assuming he is the last quincy,
Also, again, Ichigo as a quincy wasn't revealed until after the full bring, so there was not even a question about any of that until after Aizen.

3. That was such a fucking non-sequitor I can't think of anyone who was clamoring for an explanation on that. There was ton of nonsense introduced during the soul society arc about the inner workings of soul society that didn't matter or develop into anything that just served to make things appear well thought out.
If he wanted to make us care about Zero Squad, he should have showed them doing something interesting to make us get invested. He didn't so we didn't, and I guarantee nobody reading that part years ago remembered that off-hand mention.

The point I'm trying to make is that none of these are questions the fans wanted answered, or thought needed to be answered.

Cause Kubo never sunk so low as that fake confession scene from Sakura or doing false parallels with parents to purposely mislead fans. Also, IH and RR are nothing like SS which is a pairing that is on par with the main relationship in Twilight in terms of being dysfunctional and disgusting.

That said, it's Rukia who senses Ichigo's unspoken wish to protect her, and told him that she doesn't wish to be protected.

Then she almost died while Renji's getting his ass kicked and Ichigo canceled going back to her just because Ulquiorra says he's the one who took Orihime, and Byakuya ended up saving her from Zommari.

So I'm not sure what Kubo's getting at, aside from wanting to set everyone up for a fight scene.

1. But you are trying to disuade the existence of all these strange events as "It doesn't count', ESPECIALLY since they were in such major events. Anybody can do that by your logic and there was no such thing as a bad arc in any manga EVER by your logic.

2. It matters because it shows that there is more than ONE QUINCY. That means there is clearly more out there that were never introduced.

3. Except the 3 volumes AFTER the intial attack of Juha Bach has a number of things that focus on them dumb ass.

Stop trying to make it so that the arcs don't have proof that needs to exist despite the fact that they do. You are just trolling at this point be ignoring all the evidence.

You can't claim that the wandenreich answered questions from previous arcs when nobody was aware the questions existed until wandenreich arc.

But there were a bunch of questions about the Quincies since they were such integral part of the Pre-Reaper arc. We never elaborated on them and we needed to do such.

Isn't it obvious?

Ichigo was insulting Rukia in that scene by thinking she wasn't suitable for battle. Renji is the one who sees her as an equal and someone who can fight beside him.

Flashforward to the final chapters of Bleach, when Ichigo trusts Orihime to fight alongside him.

O B V I O U S

Out of all of the integral characters from the pre-reaper arc, I feel like the quincies were the thing that had the most elaboration on.
Orihime and Sado were just handwaved as hogyoku magic.
Ishida had a backstory, an explanation of who he got his powers from, what happened to all the other quincies.
It was an open and shut case, until they opened it again.

I still assume Orihime got her powers from the Hogyoku somehow. I don't think an alternate explanation ever popped up in the manga.

Wouldn't mind sucking Rukia's futa cock desu

I think they did directly explain she got her powers from exposure to the hogyoku.

Rukia would have a tiny, shrimpy dick. I prefer my futa cocks with some length and girth.

>assuming my waifu's dick is tiny

it's probably twice the size of her body

This. A dozen interesting characters, ignored, pushed into the background, or at the worst, killed off.

Almost everything else on her is tiny. You can't convince me she would have a big fat dong.

Royal Guard Squad killed offscreen

Ichibie isn't dead
Hikifune, Senjumaru and Tenjiro aren't dead.

>only possible death is Nimayia

Try again dude.

You get my point. They were taking down offscreen.

>Rukia will never dominate you with her giant 12 inch cock
:[

Actually, they had a group fight with the Top Sternritter Guard moved to the fight between Juha Bach vs Ichibie and then showed the ending result of the other 4 fights.

I like final arc. Some people jsut don't understand kiboism and takes everything seriously

This

Bleach should have ended with the Vicarious Shinigami arc

>not working out with showing off
ehh, pleb

Pairing-wise, yeah it's obvious.

But the thing is, Renji's belief "warrior, insult, bla bla bla" kicked him in the ass when Rukia nearly dies and he was too occupied to backtrack and find her. That he even tries shows that he doesn't abide 100% by his words either. That he would "insult" Rukia himself, over letting her die.

They're just lucky the genre doesn't kill protags.

>killing your best healer & second best fighter for the sake of getting your best fighter up to speed
Soul Society deserves extinction

>Hikifune, Senjumaru and Tenjiro aren't dead.
Wait, how do we know this?

Bleach was around for over 15 years. Plenty of long-running series will eventually lose steam whether it's the audience losing interest or the creativity just not working anymore. Unless there is a hardcore loyal fanbase like One Piece then it's not gonna last forever. I don't think Bleach crashed, it was more a gradual decline that can be pinpointed depending on the arc.

Bleach suffered from going too long, anime cancellation, and way too many characters getting introduced and thrown away. Also nothing really happened. Ichigo had no goals except to fight increasingly OP villains in fights where there is no real emotional attachment.

Because of the statement in the following pages

Note, Juha said "Fallen", not dead. Even Ichibie describes his allies as 'Fallen".

Juha Bach described Ichibe as he 'died'.

Here is the second page for

What would Aizen's bankai look like?

His illusions become reality.

Why did Kubo skip the Senjumaru training stage like he did?
Was it because:
A) Editor told him to rush
B) He ran out of idea

well his shikai is sort of invisible, his bankai would probably be the same but more impressive.

Or maybe complete hypnosis was his bankai the whole time and we just didn't know it.

we already had Lemmy or Remmy, i don't remember his name

Gremmy the Vision

He covered the little bit in the flashback. Plus all it was was her clothing.

The problem with Bleach is that it peaked too early and then died too fast after Mexico, Soul Society Arc should have been the third last arc and Urahara should have taken more time to prepare Ichigo facing the Gotei 13 so Ichigo handling them well despite being relatively raw wouldnt be the typical MC plot shield.

The last two arcs should have been dedicated to fighting Aizen and the Espada and then finally going to Hell.

Incorrect. Naruto is the blandest character ever.
> lost his parents
> is really stupid

If I had to choose to watch all of it or none of it I would choose none of it.

Yeah, that cut off flashback. Basically you can skip through all Guard stages like that. Like just show everyone dipping in Kirinji's pond and then the next panel they're restored, or in Hikifune's stage she greets them with a table of food behind her. But he didn't. Only Senjumaru's stage got that kind of treatment, we don't even know what the clothes do, spritual power-wise.

>Aizen will never dominate you with his giant 12 inch cock
ftfy

> Gin.

Never forget.

I didn't know what was a real shitty ending before this.
And I thought naruto or gantz were bad

Aizen looks to me like he's got a perfectly normal dick. I feel his real value is in his skills rather than his weapon.

Shikai
You se what he wants you to see-illusions.
Bankai
You see what you yourself want to see-delusions.

>Bleach
Gantz Tier

I still can't believe Kubo drew this.

Kubo is fun when he does silly SoL things.

I don't even recognize a single name from that list

>We will never see an SoL miniseries about what everyone is doing now

Naruto was far worse. Bleach was rushed, but that was due to editors messing with it.

Naruto not only didn't end, but took like 3 different products to justify it's ending.

It started off great but got disappointing. It continued to falter all the way up to the end. Kariin's boobs were two of the only satisfying things about the ending. That seems to be the general sentiment.

Karin tits are indeed highly satisfying.

It had ups ad downs.
7/10

It started pretty good and gradually became worse. Reading it became a chore by Hueco Mondo arc and then downright unreadable after that, culminating with the worst ending possible.

Goddamn it, what a waste of characters and of my time. I guess Kubo got greedy in the end. He could've ended the story any time he wanted but chose to stretch this crap until there was nothing left. I hope he saved up some money because I doubt people would read another work by him after what he did.

a good manga that went bad 1/3rd of the way into its run

rukia best girl
ichiruki best couple
kubo a shit hack writer

>not recognizing Tousen
Do you even read Bleach?

>join me, ryoka boy.

>ichigo blandest main character ever created
He was a really cool guy at the start.

I had the usual dream where I was back in primary school. I was doing something, probably floating in the air like I usually do in my dreams to be the center of attraction, when I noticed Rukia sitting on her desk next to the door. She had a face like ":S" on her face upon looking at me, like she was embarrassed of me showing off like that. Like she knew me better than all the mook characters of the class.

I can't remember how the dream went from this, but at one point I kissed her. It didn't feel any different than usual (I kiss a lot of women in these more or less lucid dreams. How shameful of me) but it all changed when we held hands. Somehow I felt it more intensely than anything in my dreams before.

It was great.

Done.

I'd go a little bit to the left to retain Kuukaku and Yuushirou. Shutara and Senna are fine, too.

>cutting Aizen

URUSANESO

It was at it's peak during the Soul Society arc. After that it was just a downward spiral. The final arc was just a complete mess with unresolved plot points and character arcs.

At least best girl won the Ichibowl in the end though.

>At least best girl won the Ichibowl in the end though.

heresy

>best girl
Orihime was a shit character.

Her personality died in the middle of soul society arc and never returned.

She was better when she was a goofball.

It's basically Wasted Potencial: The Manga.

She got back to act like her old self in parts of the Fullbring arc.

>these three doesn't appear even once in the Quincy arc
Somebody needs to ask Kubo whether he remembers they exist

If you like bleach or wan piss you also like naruto

piss off

>best girl won Ichibowl in the end though

That's not Tatsuki ;_;

Remember when a lot of us thought Ichigo knocked up Orihime right after the war ended?

Is Yuzu adopted or just very unlucky?

>ok kubo we need a character to join ichigo and aizen for the final battle, a close friend thats been with him from the start and will now finish it with him
>.....
>Renji

This,
I never really wanted for there to be a direct romantic plot in Bleach, but it always felt obvious that Ichigo and Orihime were meant to be a thing.
It seems that Kubo just wanted to avoid that side of the story.

Unlucky but at least she can cook.

the salt

I think disappointing I'd the most appropriate word to describe bleach.

Orihime was shit after the SS arc.
She was one of my favourites before then.

Rukia or Tatsuki would have a been a more satisfying end. Hell, even Nel had more chemistry with Ichigo than Orihime did. She was basically a plot device to remind us how great and desirable Ichigo was, but we all knew he was an utter shit by the end.

Good job Kubo.

What is the name of this book? It's illustrated by Kubo.

t.mad Ichiruki fan thats stupid enough to butcher Tatsuki's character to pair with Ichigo

Wasted potential.

The first two arcs were solid, really fun and if ended after SS most would remember it fondly and I'd personally give it a strong 7/10.

But it continued, and lots of great characters ended up being sidelined and misused.

We then got the mediocre HM arc that felt like a shoddy replay of the SS arc at it's core with some of the most drawn out fights ever.

The KW arc was fun, if only for Aizen's shenanigans, after his defeat Bleach should have ended with Ichigo's power going for good.

Now, the FB arc had a fun psychological thriller vibe, but it was cut criminally short and in the end was nothing more than an excuse for Ichigo to regain his powers.

The final arc was a mess, with quinces out of nowhere, a fun start with the first invasion but as it dragged on it just became a mess.

Then the series came to a rushed finish that left dozens of questions hanging and was just awful.

Taking the whole thing into account, I find it quite shit.

Ichirukists are still so mad. It's great. Can't wait for the final volume and a Kubo interview.

tfw Orihime married the male version of Tatsuki

This. I feel like that's what Bleach was at its core anyway. It upsets me we lost out on what could have been a really great story.

None of those things had to be explained or touched on at all.

Bleach should have ended at Soul Society,by that I mean,Soul Society should have been the endgame final level after several arcs in the Human World

And he still failed badly.
He scred a moron to death, but anyone could have done that.

Started to focus too much on the Captains instead of the actual protagonists (Ichigo, Chad, Ishida and Orihime).

>No, the existed WAY back in the Turn Back the Penduleum Arc
So does the Kido Squad, but we never got an explanation on their exact position, and never see more than two members.
"Zero Squad is Royal Guard" was what most assumed and where fine with.

Kubo didn't know about the Aizen betrayal until AFTER that guy was "dead".
So much for planning.
Kubo also admitted that he uses the plot only as a vehicle for cool shit happening.
Most stuff in Bleach is almost certainly made up on the fly.
It wasn't problematic until they entered Ghost Mexico, and if he had ended Bleach after Aizen or Fullbringer it wouldn't had ended as a complete disaster.

>You are just trolling
Great come-back.

1. There were peoplle going on and on about Kubo's planning capabilities. Some were just making fun of the asspulls, with thing like this-and-that-level reader. Others were serious and used it as a dumb argument against people who called Kubo out on the bad storytelling.

Yeah...and no.
Bleach did crash, Kubo had no clear plan after Soul Society, and it shows.
It get's worse afterwrds.
Things like too many characters are a consequence of idea-less writing, the anime got cancelled due the plot's snail pace (they had a 50 or so episodes filler arc before fullbring, and after fullbring they would have needed ANOTHER one) and fans left because they stopped enjoying it.

>consensus

consensus is you should form your own fucking opinion instead of trying to fit in or get a "consensus" so you can go post it back on whatever website you came from

I hope faggots like you get raped and get a perforated asshole.

Too be fair, the Captains and VCs were really fun and great characters in general.
Compared to them, Chad and Orihime were too boring.

was okay for a while, had quite a few slips and fumbles along the way though. The last arc was only good for the first maybe quarter, then it all just came apart into shit. Shame that with all its ups and downs and genuine potential, shit was the note it ended on.

of all the stupid times fucking kubo couldn't keep his shit straight

Chad was cool early on until he turned into a jobber,Orihime got really tiring on the eve of Hueco Mundo,especially when shes the target of another rescue arc.

The captains I agree with but a lot of the lieutenants didn't add a whole lot and certainly didn't need entire fights devoted to them.

Fpbp

>he actually cared about romance in Bleach

Lookit this stupid chimp trying to rub sticks together and come up with literary analysis. Nice try detective, but you're flat up wrong on every front. Remember when writing your next 3rd grade history report that primary sources are your friend.

To start they aren't even the same fucking word, you drooling illiterate. The first uses 落ちよ which can translate a number of ways:
>to fall down (literally to be knocked over, entirely non figurative)
>to fail/to lose
>to crash; to degenerate; to degrade; to fall behind
>to be ruined; to go under
>to fade/to come out/to come off/to be removed
>to fall/to be defeated
>to come to (in the end)/to end in
>to die
Obviously the commonality in its usage and how it applies here is "to cease to be [in a former state]" ala failure, loss, crash, denigration, ruin, defeat, end, and death. In any case nothing about it even begins to imply nonlethality specifically, even in the broader context.

Second is 敗れた which only translates as
>to be defeated/to be beaten/to be unsuccessful/to lose
and that is implicitly lethal because the context we have that is concrete is that Ichibei lost and died (resurrection ability aside).

So no, you're attempted analysis doesn't hold any water. Even if we try to stick to explicit phrasing that, at best, just leaves it indeterminably vague. But nothing suggests they're more likely to be alive than dead.

Remember when Kubo said he would explain this kids? Because Kubo doesn't

it's just called "History of Japan"

SS ends with Aizen betrayal and giant civil war where he is finally defeated. Have Isshin and Masaki background in SS arc somewhere. Introduce lore throughout SS arc.

In the end, Ichigo and Rukia must go their respective ways, but they promise to never forget each other, implying perhaps a more than platonic love.

There, I just fixed the ending for you.

>IchiRuki salt

looking it up on amazon it's just a series of covers done by manga artists, the books themselves are textbooks.

Cage of Eden?

>implying perhaps a more than platonic love.
>implying.
Top kek, ichirukifags everyone.

I got to see Ulquiorra-kun, so I guess I can forgive Kubo

>the dust has settled

Ichirukicucks, LMAO,
This salt will fill the sea for eternity.
Ichihime friends,awesome bro!
We endured hostility all for victory!

Cred Forums is ours, fuck the haters.
Kubo is our King, he loves us greater,
Than the ichiruki fiends who ruined the fandom.
Their death berry theories where all LOL RANDUM.

So join me in thanking Kubo Taito,
For giving us the best ship of our life-o
greatest love story in anime has just begun,
The marriage of Orihime and her Kurosaki-kun.

Peace and love to y'all xx

Kids were cute. I actually don't know if this is the consensus or not, I just like the kids.

The aftermath has really shown me how IchiHimefags are worse than Ichirukifags, so I give Bleach 2/10

Underrated post of the year. Bleach was fucktasticly awesome in its own way. Much like the others of the big three it just went on too long. Had it ended on the soul society arc like many others have said it would still be remembered fondly.

ICHIRUKI SALT LMAO
ICHIRUKI SALT LMAO

>IR didn't happen and cowtits won, so 2/10
Why do IRfags attempt to come off as being neutral? Not fooling anyone.

Shiba family is best family.

>doesn't understand the word "platonic"

Even though Aizen's Sandcastle was shit, atleast he was cool

First is Kishimoto I suppose?

Good until the soul society arc ended. After that it completely derailed.

Yes.

Just saw a long-ass post made by an Ichiruki fan and it started off with "Bleach isn't a shounen"

I can't deal anymore. It's been over a month.

5edgy7me

Why is kishimoto such a shit tier artist

REMINDER TODAY IS THE FINAL DAY FOR THE BLEACH Cred Forums SINGS

has anyone actually contributed to that?

6 people so far when we had over a hundred votes, 5 of those submissions were in the past two days

>LMAO