Fantasy on the rise

>fantasy on the rise
>maho shojo on the rise
>yuripandering on the rise
>fujopandering on the rise

>mecha in decline
>harem in decline (almost dead)

Can you even imagine how anime industry will look in a few years?

better

>Light novel adaptions gone
>Most anime are anime original works

There. I saved anime for you.

>harem in decline (almost dead)

KEK

Next season has 0 harem. Zero.

The season after that has one.

So apart from the harem thing, basically a return to the late 90s? Sounds good to me.

I think that in the future there will be a decrease in the amount of idol anime, right now there are too many of them. Omnipandering will be even more relevant. Harems will basically be isekai battle harem with no to few traditional harems.

How many reverse harems though?

Not him, but I think a couple next season. I know I am watching Watashi ga Motete Dousunda.

>don't buy shit you like
>no one else does
>sells less than 1000 copies
>similar series do even worse
>y u no make moar of dis japan?

This is the future you created.

I am not complaining, I like where it's going.

Dude, animu is better than ever. Fuck harems, fuck mecha and fuck male leads.

This. Positive forward progress, 100%.

>Fuck harems, fuck mecha and fuck male leads.
>fuck mecha
Let's not get crazy here, son.

A lot.

Humanoid mechas are trash.

>harem in decline
>implying

There is a shift happening. Fujoshi pandering is already here and taking up a chunk of the market. This is the trend that may change anime from shows that fat neckbeards like myself enjoy to Fujoshibait. I hope this doesn't happen but what is an American to do besides clap at the end of my favorite show.

See

There's no need for mecha when you can have Symphogear-likes instead.

Kill yourself shitlord.

Otome being popular started around 2011 when Utapri sold like hot cake, it's hardly something recent.

I can guarantee you that there will be shows that will turn out to be haremshit. Fags always claim that shows aren't harem when they actually are harem.

>but what is an American to do besides clap at the end of my favorite show.
You could buy anime.

I"m fine with that, but there still needs to be actual mecha. Imagine a mecha anime with lesbians. It would be a work of art. Well unless some shitty city in Japan commissioned it as an ad to get otaku tourist bucks.

Fujo- and otomeshit isn't going to take over the market, it will simply create a new one. It's not like the types of people who were interested in male oriented anime are going to disappear or watch fujoshit instead. It's an entirely different demographic that doesn't overlap, leading to a peaceful coexistence. Scaremongers afraid that this kind of crap is going to take over anime are delusional.

>buying anime
Don't be silly, Anonymous.

I don't think they are delusional, I think they are simply mongs from Cred Forums.

>Imagine a mecha anime with lesbians.

That already exists though, and in fact it was kind of a big deal when it came out twelve years ago.

In fact, several do.

There are only so many studios. If they can make more money on otome shit, they'll make otome shit.

Though they could always make subtext heavy sports animu. Everyone seems to enjoy those.

>Not supporting what you like.
I've bistipped several books and manga, do your part user.

Man I just fucking love Tony Taka's art style.

Sameface, though

>(Deconstruction) fantasy on the rise
>(Decostruction) maho shojo on the rise
>Theyarenotlesbiansjustfriendspandering on the rise
>Totallynotgaypandering on the rise

>Mecha
Minumum 1 series each season guaranteed
>Harem
Minimum 1 series each season guaranteed

If you ask me mecha and harem are the most healthy ones, may be are few each season but at least they still are what they are suposed to be.

On the other hand I forgot when was the last time we had a traditional fantasy anime or an actual lesbian show (pic not related)

This, the connection between piloting heavy machinery and raging dykelust is well-established.

First post best post

Kiitarou Shounen no Youkai Enikki
Okusama Seitokaichou S2

Also ova everywhere

"Eiyuu" Kaitai
Yahari ore...
Techi muyo
Strike the blood
Danmachi

At this point "Harem" is like maids, nekomimi or idols, is not only a genre anymore but an element that is added into almost everything.

This would improve things so much.

I've realized now that the majority of my all time favorites anime weren't based on an ongoing manga or LN.

Too many series at just one shot promotional tools for some endless manga/LN, and the result is that you see an anime you like, it turns out the whole anime basically only covers the prologue, and then 12 years later the series is still going, only it's gone off the rails because they've stretched their ideas too thin and now no one cares anymore, so they hastily finish the story before it gets cancelled.

The best anime are the ones that are original source material and have a beginning, middle and end in no more than 52 episodes tops.

This so much.

Specially since now they put an special interest into adapting as least content as possible from the source material so you have to buy the novel, there are 8 vols out for example but the anime barely covers one vol and a half.

>A harem of nekomimi maid idols

Harem are not going away, they are just becoming more subtle.