TEXHNOLYZE

13 years ago, TEXHNOLYZE's final episode aired on Fuji TV.

I can't imagine how the Japanese audience watching it week to week must have felt, especially with how episodes 19 and 20 were omitted from the broadcast.

If Cred Forums is up for it, I hope we can have a nice thread for my favourite ABe-related show, also timed quite nicely with Hamasaki finishing up orange as of late.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/147234744/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good show.

Suburban houses.

Atelier BWCA's background art for Texhnolyze was fucking amazing, I'm glad they were around for stuff like Shigurui and Mouryou no Hako too.

Been in a group subbing it as it aired. It was quite a ride.

I never got myself to re-watch it properly after that, maybe it's a good time now.

>if there's anything you want, anything at all

>especially with how episodes 19 and 20 were omitted from the broadcast.

Why?

>especially with how episodes 19 and 20 were omitted from the broadcast.
I'm not really sure. I checked the Japanese site (which is still around) and it seems like there was a limited airing of episodes 19 and 20 on Animate TV.

I know that in the interview included on the English release, ABe indicated that Konaka was months late on the scripts for the final few episodes so that might have been why.

boring shite

shitty show

(You)

The director continues to draw and upload a lot of Texhnolyze art/sketches on his twitter, it's definitely something that's close to his heart.

I can imagine, it didn't exactly come across as a "another day at work, it pays the bills" work.

To be honest the city would have been better of letting Yoshi bring down the Class because at least then everyone wouldn't be turned into spooky twitching ghosts for all eternity. But instead Shinji lived up to his name and was a complete pussy and Ichise felt compelled to defend his husbando that left him to bleed out in the streets

Everyone knows that Yoshi did nothing wrong.

Any word from the user doing the re-encodes? He made a thread some time ago but I never heard from him again.

Excellent, a reason to not download this quite yet!

But where are the new encodes....

Here's the link to the thread for comparisons and whatnot. As I said though, no word from him thereafter.
desuarchive.org/a/thread/147234744/

the dvdrip is still goood
better than KAA

They don't call him the Man of Men for nothing

Which one? The one at nyaa has the same problem in crushed blacks.

Any insight as to what the fuck Kano was talking about in his last speech or is it supposed to just reflect his insane solipsism?

I'd say there was no deeper meaning to the speech itself, but the fact that even if it were true Ichise was ready to hit Kano anyway was what made the moment. The possibility of the entire world being a representation of some guy's mental state is too insane to even consider in the last episode of the show.

Right, I mean for obvious reasons Ichise no longer gives a fuck about anything he's saying, not that he ever did, but I was always curious if any of Kano's dialogue got slightly lost in translation since he's talking some pretty esoteric shit and he's turned into an actual insane person from I guess a combination of the incest and the bored apathy from his privileged upbringing. They did a really good job with his character design and surrounding environments in that regard - he's the only character with an unrealistic hair color, always lounging in his fancy chair/throne in a bathrobe while smoking cigarettes and babbling about aesthetics in his opera house base of operations.

I still don't understand how I managed to sit through the whole thing.

At first I waited for the "cyborg underground fighting" to start, then I was curious about seeing where the fuck it was going, then I don't know what happened, my mind gone blank and just kept watching.

I remember watching the episode when they come to the surface where everything is ded I was looking at the screen and honestly, I SWEAR, I shout "why the hell I'm watching this" extending my arms to the screen, just to put them in the armrests again and continue watching.

I think this show had subliminal hypnotic messages or something.

Holy shit, I knew it was bad but I didn't realise it was that bad. If I'd seen a comparison like that back when I watched it I would've waited for a proper release. Texhnolyze is my favourite show but this makes me feel like I haven't even watched it. Good luck to that user trying to make a proper release, keep it up.