Is working in real life as fun as it is in anime?

Is working in real life as fun as it is in anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/axGxweYJ-SI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nothing in real life is as fun as it is in anime.

Never

Absolutely not.

Working made me more depressed than anything else in the world.

Very stressing and depressing

Fuck no

There must be at least one thing that is.

It's as good as the people you are working with.

You are not working with cute 2D girls.

Sex and sports is about it.

Raping i guess

watching anime

no

school isn't as fun either, it's all just one big propaganda to brainwash nips into slaving their lives away

not even close, sometimes i want to kill myself

They're freaking portrayed as slackers.
Eagle Jump should be dead.

Anime wouldn't be comfy if it was realistic.

>doing massive overtime
>arriving at 8 am, working until 10pm
>coming in on weekends
>on top of also sleeping at your work place just so not a single precious second of your work time is wasted with that thing called "life"
>fun

Yes, it's an accurate portrayal of the Japanese work environment. I think you're just blinded by the fact that you only get to see a short compilation of the funniest moments during months of work.

Only if you can turn a hobby you enjoy into something money making.

This is a lie. Keep work and fun separate, or you end up losing the things you love to the mediocrity of having to work with them all the time.

>having insane deadlines
>having a boss that demands retakes of projects that are perfectly fine
>working from 8am to 11pm
>missing the last train
>rampant sexual harassment
>coworkers constantly distracting you
>staying overnight because QA cockroaches
>working on weekends because managers don't know how to schedule
>fun
and these are supposed to be the comfiest moments at work

Dying

>QA cockroaches
>implying
You wouldn't have to stay late if you could write passable code Codemonkey-san.

I don't know about that. Mind broken from pleasure is more common in anime than in real life.

i know that feeling. worked as a QA tester for a shitty indie game and it's a wonder how there were so many retarded bugs.

Fo course it is silly! Just look how mods do happily and diligently their jobs! and they just receive the feeling of having a work in return. They're the living proof that working! Is fun

Consider having a job that's just as repetitive as QAing, but the responsibilities and requirements change with each work iteration, sometimes on the fly.

Even something as simple as eating a cake or a hamburger isn't as fun as it is in the 2D world.

If anything in real life was as fun as it is portrayed in anime, then we wouldn't need anime.

Eating cakes, because you can actually taste them.

Girls shouldn't smoke

good thing i'm not a coder

Yes, go get a job, also get a girlfriend and get a bunch of kids, just like in your chinese cartoons.

In the anime world, smoking has no negative health effects. Hence, like everything else, smoking in anime is more fun than smoking in real life.

>tfw shenanigan in high school and university never happened

;_;

Don't forget:
>Meetings, meetings meetings

Well, certain aspects like that, yeah.

>getting a girlfriend
Enjoy splitting half of your fortune.

>Alright guys, we're gonna try out this thing called Agile for our team.
>you guys will be doing the same stuff, but faster because you'll be more focused
>daily standups
>everyone pair up, user, you get the junior

>get a job
>get a jf
>have kid
>congratulation on contributing to the human species
>die

>normalfaggotry

>Agile
FUCKING AGILE!

>implying i have money

user...

Working is never fun.

There are people who get paid to play sports and fuck bitches if they are good enough. Now I'm not big on soccer unless there is a show about it, and there is one this season, but I remember seeing a list of guys that hated playing soccer and did it for the paychecks. I'm sure the majority of the sports people enjoy them.

Working is hell but so is being an unemployed neet.

Enjoy the happy student life for as long as you can.

I've worked 5 jobs in my life.

1 was fun for a while until the fun people started leaving for better opportunities
1 was okay for a while until it became tedious
3 were completely soul draining

I would estimate that's a fairly accurate representation of the job landscape as a whole.

but you can't penetrate girl's cervix in real life.

most of them end up broke doe

It's not about ending up broke it's about enjoying it.

>Is working in real life as fun as it is in anime?
Of course not.

>sports
Adrenaline is pretty good, but you don't get slow-mos, inner monologues, and hype background music in real life.

but most of the athletes retire before even reaching 30, from that moment their income reduces to almost nothing, so yes, is fun, but is not for a long time

You imagine the music.

Isn't Kobe really old? He just retired like last week.

The gods had condemned Sisyphus to ceaselessly rolling a rock to the top of a mountain, whence the stone would fall back of its own weight. They had thought with some reason that there is no more dreadful punishment than futile and hopeless labor.

If this myth is tragic, that is because its hero is conscious. Where would his torture be, indeed, if at every step the hope of succeeding upheld him? The workman of today works every day in his life at the same tasks, and this fate is no less absurd. But it is tragic only at the rare moments when it becomes conscious. Sisyphus, proletarian of the gods, powerless and rebellious, knows the whole extent of his wretched condition: it is what he thinks of during his descent. The lucidity that was to constitute his torture at the same time crowns his victory. There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.

I'm a medical doctor.
No.
No, it is not.
Currently uemployed. I really don't want to start working again ;_; I'd rather hang out with you faggots and not watch anime.

baseball reliever pitchers get an entrance song, so there is that, mariano rivera had enter sandman

I just applied for work after being unemployed for nine months. I was in summer vacation like Madao.

The fun parts of game development are pretty fun, i.e. the creativity and asset/game-play design part.

New Game never shows the not fun parts of it, and there's a fuck ton of that.

> fixing bugs
> interacting with your fucktard players
> repeated playtesting
> sanity testing of parts of the program
> fixing bugs created by fixing other bugs
> checking library integrity
> crunch time
> running out of budget
> fixing bugs created by fixing other bugs created by fixing other bugs
> optimization
> getting fucked by MS/Sony/Valve on licensing
> getting fucked by your distributor
> getting your shit pirated

Umiko is passable as real.

OF COURSE THE CODE SUCKS, YOU CHANGED THE ENTIRE INITIAL SET OF REQUIREMENTS YOU FUCKTARD

Why do I even have a project manager? Most useless position ever, they only make powerpoints with fake dates and madeup data.

i said most, very few get very lasting careers, the average nfl career is 3.5 seasons, nba goes around 5 and mlb 6

>Working
Pros: Money
Cons: Literally everything else.

Most of the guys in fifa manager last over a decade. Maybe americans are just lazy and think 3 years of work is enough money to enjoy the rest of their lives.

Absolutely not. You can't go comparing a product made to be enjoyable with the dread of real life.
Much like with girls, you can't compare 3D with 2D because the latter is the ideal perfection that will never be reached.

My condolences, but you appreciate good project managers are lot more after having been under bad ones and working closely with another one.

> Building special made-to-order products
> Parts supplier in China
> Product is time sensitive, so parts are ordered from the Chinese supplier and air-mailed here for assembly and fitting
> looks at operations balance sheet
> $150,000 in shipping costs YTD
> The shit is this
> looks at invoices for parts
> one after every order
> previous PM bought parts from China as orders arrived, ordered in just the quantity needed to assemble the order
> told the boss it was "Just in Time manufacturing"
> scraps entire order system, finds common parts and orders one shipment/week of expected amount with standard shipping
> keeps stockpile of most commonly used specialty parts at respectable level
> air-mail for least common parts when we run low
> shipping costs went from 150,000 to 25,000
> MFW when boss only gives praise but no raise for saving the company 100k a year

This is the kind of common sense shit that just doesn't happen under a bad PM.

Brats are so much worse in real life

youtu.be/axGxweYJ-SI

>you will never be the bandi

I've sent in some job applications, sent in one today and I'm going to send in one next week too. I'm currently receiving money from the state, but if I don't find work myself, they're going to put me on a job I don't want. It's starting to burn my ass.

YES