Your Name

So what was the verdict on the new Makoto Shinkai film?

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
fictionpress.com/s/3206139[
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do you like it? It's shit.
Do you hate it? It's good.

It's ok. 5cm/s had the better script, but this has better animation.

Flick tier.

Koe no Katachi is Kino

I'm definitely trying to catch it in theaters for the US release.

>watching low quality release

so far it's made more money than the movies for love live, madoka rebellion, girls und panzer, k-on!, and idolm@ster combined

TAAKI?

it's below Re:Zero

Went in without many expectations, it was good animation wise and the plot was alright, though the whole time travel alternate universe thing with the comet impact was weird.

AOTD on par with Spirated Away and Totoro Otakushit BTFO Normie win.

So what did he actually did in this movie since backgrounds were done by someone else and he can't animate? He just made other people to work and come out with shitty ending?

>Not watching the world premiere at AX

I really liked it.

as a normie, it was pretty good. made me go back to my Cred Forums days just to shitpost about it.

i can't watch it without tearing up

This Year is shit thank god This movie save it.

I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't think it would be this good. I even rewatched it.

I look forward to seeing it on BDs. If it comes to theatres here, I'm going to go.

>dat pantsu
do grils like thios watch weab animu or just the normie friendly ones?

Normie friendly ones. The ones who watch weeb shit are gross.

I still think 5cm/s is the best movie he's ever done and the peak of his career.

Is it getting any more showings in the US? I'd like to see it in a theater, but I didn't see any last time I checked.

Funimation plans on doing some US theatrical releases. It's probably going to be very limited though so cross your fingers it's at a theater near you.

Is it just me or did the movie have 3 potential climax points and Shinkai decided to just have one and tone down the other two?

1. Mitsuha finally confronting her chichi-hoya: Major breakthrough for the Miyamizu family and explains how they get to Tokyo eventually. This plot point doesnt have enough development throughout the movie tho and it was smack dab in the middle of climax 2.

2. Comet Miracle: really well done sequence. 10/10. BRAVO SHINKAI.

3. Taki and Mitsuha finally meeting up: IMO this deserved a full song insert like the "One More Time, One More Chance" in 5 cm/sec for us to feel the weight of all those years and for the catharsis to have more impact.

If Shinkai tried to insert climax 3 it wouldve messed up the pacing tho. Not to mention additional budget constraints for an AMV/montage.

>Funimation
They did have a showing of the Psycho-Pass movie near me. Unfortunately, it was the dubbed version, but if this one is subbed, I'll definitely go see it.

I wish the next Shinkai film features a SEA gril and invloves starfish and living in a tropical island

I can't google for shit.
Is there a list of places and dates where this will have a theatrical release?

who is this semen demon?

Now I wish Aku no Hana rotoscoped pretty people instead of filthy nihonjins

bump

Think for yourself you retard.

>retard
>think for himself

Is she malaysian-chinese?

>whole time travel alternate universe thing with the comet impact was weird

The best part, you mean.

Just decided to watch it with some friends.

At first we were like "Ok, this isn't that bad, but how are we supposed to get attached to these characters when everything is happening so fast and where will the plot go?" and then the meteor hit and I screamed "OH SHIT SHES FUCKING DEAD" while my friends were like "NO NO NO NO" and the whole rest of the movie was hype. We cried like bitches when after making it look like it would be like 5cm where they never meet again, they finally do at the end.

Really great movie. Glad I watched it. Also the cameo from Garden of Words with Yukino was a nice touch.

this

if you can't buy yourself in vanilla romances then you're not gonna like it.

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139

so is this sekaikei or keitai?

It's Kimi no na wa and you should kill yourself.

It's Kimi no Na wa. you fucktard

It's 君の名は you fucking retard.

It's Your Name. you fucking weeb

Fuck yeah Hyundai at 7 and EMT at 8

way better than Deaf Note

Keit-ai is already a manga. Stop posting it.

I'd rather Fap Note.

>So what was the verdict on the new Makoto Shinkai film?

It found a way.

Can you do one like this for KnK aka Deaf Note?

Also, I will forever suck the dick of the studio that has the balls to adapt Fap Note into a series or movie.

>webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
>Patreon

>an animu set in Singapore

will there be another godzilla and kimi no na wa in 60 years?

It felt like an actual anime unlike shit other geezer produced, I mean we even got ecchi laser beam and was a big hit among normalfaggots.

It was okay t b h.

how did everyone here watch the movie?

>watching anime in public

no thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

literal meme and full hype

kek post more.

>I mean we even got ecchi laser beam and was a big hit among normalfaggots.
What are you talking about?

While Godzilla's success is nothing to scoff at, as it did wonderful business, Your Name completely outclassed it. Regardless, Toho distributed both films and I'm sure they're satisfied with them being the two highest grossing films in Japan for 2016.

Threadly reminder that it has been made into a fanfic, a fictionpress story, a manga, a preview, an anime, and an honest-to-goodness movie, so stop talking about it.

fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
fictionpress.com/s/3206139[
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE

It never fails to amaze me how rascist Japanese are.

How the hell is that racist?

Kimi no Nawa is normie tier in Japan

kinda funny that they treat us the same way we treat non-whites

Is there a higher quality than 480p up on nyaa yet?

Average anime flick; Looks great, characters are likable, but the plot was inconsistent and the romance felt forced.

Don't really know the context behind this movie but the fact that it did well in cinemas is kind of shocking to me. It's nothing special.

>kino
Kimi no Na wa

>cinema
Koe no Katachi

>film
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari

>movie
Hangyaku no Monogatari

>flick
Evangelion Shin Gekijouban

>"I can't come up with any valid criticism for the movie, so I just say it's for le normie bogeyman so that I can fit in on Cred Forums"

> flick
> Evangelion Shin Gekijouban

That bad, huh?