>ranked
>potg
>unbalanced teams

How do we fix it?

Other urls found in this thread:

hulu.com/watch/709504
clyp.it/xemcqqw3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There is nothing to fix, stop playing with random shitters.

Let it die.

Maybe try something out like WoW's dungeon finder where you pick your role and it adds you to a team that still needs the role

The game not having a scoreboard fucks it hard. When a teammate is doing bad he needs to admit he's playing poorly, but people hate doing this and end up costing their team a win. Unless everyone can play their roles will you just cannot win.

Because of this I just started playing like an asshole. If I see someone playing Torb while being useless I will call them out and bitch at them if they refuse to switch. Shit's infuriating.

>Queue as healer for insta-game
>instalock dps

This, man. This. If you were doing jack shit to contribute then your poor performance should be highlighted at the end of the game. Fuck Medals. Show who did what and for how long. Maybe that Genji on your team whom you never once heard use his ult was putting in work and raking in the damage. Maybe that Roadhog on your team was so shit that he missed over 70% of his hooks but never once switched.

Shame your players. That's how they improve.

Let it fade back into obscurity.
I used to think TF2's problem was F2P, but OW proved me wrong.

The reason TF2 turned to shit when it became F2P was because everyone and their 6 year old kid Started playing it, turning it into a cesspool of autism and terrible playstyles.

Now I'm facing the same type of people on OW, the 60 dollar entry gate was not high enough. Its only hope is fading to obscurity again, and then it will be good.

It's a good thing it's slowly dying, because currently it's fucking unplayable.

This, their "no pressure safe space where you don't need to worry about being judged by other players" went out the window when they introduced Competitive anyway.

They should just allow us to see other players stats at this point

>Playing Competitive, ranked upper Platinum

>Start a match

>My team has two Golds and four plats, and I'm the only Star player.

>Enemy team has two diamonds and four plats, multiple star players

>Our Gold ranked players are both around level 30 and instalock Genji and Hanzo, proceeding to use them both ineffectively and contributing fuck all to the team

>Rank drops like a rock

This kind of shit happens way to fucking often, several times a day in fact. Am I just unlucky?

Quality matchmaking Blizzard, maybe I'll get to Diamond some day.

>tfw losing 7 games in a row

There's one pretty helpful thing to watch to judge, it's the killfeed basically. If you never see a dps popping in, then you can be pretty sure he's bad.
This is also how you spot a good Widow or Hanzo and a bad one. Good ones scores headshots, so tgey WILL appear on the killfeed pretty often. If they don't, then no one gives a fuck about their medals.

Really nigga

>play junkrat whole game
>gold elimination
>gold damage
>gold objective time

Them:Wow junkrat on attack! Thanks for losing the game for us faggot!

Me:i have 3 gold 1 of them is for objective time.

them:golds don't help the team dumbass.

I don't even use my mic anymore in overwatch. Its so salty and toxic with people trying to micromanage each other.

>Gold in eliminations and damage as Reinhardt without even rocking an Ana
>Hanzo gets pissy when I tell him to switch for defense
>"I'm the most useful guy in this whole team fuck off"
Just add a fucking scoreboard or something in ranked Blizz this fucking game is a joke.

that's a tall ho

>Play competitive
>Nobody on my team picks Reinhardt or a healer
>I'm forced to take healer
>End up getting backed into spawn for the entire match
>Everyone quits but me and another guy
>Forced to take a loss

Almost every time.

>be top player in most FPS'
>all IRL friends are god-awful
>play with them in comp sometimes anyways because they're my friends
>friend of IRL friend starts inviting me to his parties when my IRL friend isn't around wanting me to carry him and his friends to diamond
>mfw this nigga thinks I'm gonna choose to play with shitters when I'm not even friends with them
I wouldn't even if they weren't crybabbies who abandon any semblance of team comp or coordination when they get killed by a tracer

A fucking lot of comp is luck honestly. Wins are dictated by whichever team has the most mediocre players, not which team has the stronger top players. I mean you can do well to compensate for a mediocre one but a single shit DPS (which happens to be the main class shit players flock to) will drag a team down so fast it's insane.

You don't have to be a total cunt, but if I ask someone to switch and they refuse then I flip a shit. I remember having this one Torbjorn player on the Russian map during defense. The enemy team completely overrran our first point and dropped his turret within seconds. We get pushed back to the second point and he puts his turret up top, it doesn't get any kills and gets blown up multiple times so I ask him to switch. He refuses and continues to build more turrets that are useless. We end up losing and I bitch him out and he replies back all on tilt about how I'm toxic.

Fuck off, I'm not the one throwing games.

pssst

they suck for not doing better than you, but junkrat is objectively a retarded pick in 99% of cases

I got invited to an overwatchlf once where one of the players was a "junkrat main"

I laughed on mic for a solid minute before quitting

>People still don't realize Offense heroes are the key to winning the game
>The worst players in the team ALWAYS gravitate to them

They're right, golds don't matter, they're a trap that shitters like you fall into that make you think you're being good.

>check your teams profiles
>75% of their play time is one character

what else is an insta loss?

Damn you sound autistic

>When a teammate is doing bad he needs to admit he's playing poorly
This has never happened in over 2000 hours of TF2. You call out the shitter on the bottom of the board anf they give out the same shitty excuses every time, "I'm not playing my main," "I'm just playing for fun," "why do you care, its just a game ;)))."
If anything, giving midgame player statistics just enables more whiners than team players, as it gives tryhard shitters another target to focus their impotent rage at.

>tfw your team has a perfect comp and amazing synergy completely by accident
don't happen too often but that's when I truly love the game

I've lost more because one moron is having his first seconds with genji than someone maining rein or lucio. And by more, I really mean more.

too many shit players "main" dps despite being terrible and should stick to playing lucio or mercy if they dont want to drag everyone down, but they're too stubborn to realize this

>Playing ranked
>Some salty shitter is arguing that "damage is a bullshit stat, you're inflating your damage by shooting Rein's shield"

I hate this argument. Shooting Rein's shield is important. Granted if you have gold damage and like bronze in elims with few kills then something isn't right, but still. Clearly you were carrying the team and they were just lashing out at you because they saw you playing Junkrat. Junkrat isn't even a bad pick on a lot of maps. Body shot into shift will kill any squishy and it's a really goddamn easy combo to set up.

Depends on the class, if your damage dealers aren't getting gold then they are fucking up. If they tanks are gold for objective time then they're probably fucking up. Some classes can easily get no golds and still be a really solid credit to the team.

Only morons think all the medals are just "fluff" stats.

Offensive heroes arguably have the highest skill ceiling and it seems like the worst players flock to them.

Like how the fuck can you play Soldier poorly goddamn.

Shit players should just choose a hero like Winston or Lucio where even shitters can actually contribute to the team.

Bad Genjis and Hanzos contribute absolutely nothing.

>its slowly dying
nice source for your well informed post there

>paying 40 dollars for the ASSFAGGOT experience of "mee ooga team booga" that you can get for FREE
LMAOING @ UR LIFE

>Junkrat isn't even a bad pick on a lot of maps
literally 2 and only on defense

Mei has more viable positions than junkrat right now

People don't seem to realise that DPS isn't just a way to make yourself feel good by picking up occasional kills.
If you pick DPS in comp, your team NEEDS you to actually be able to consistently output damage and pickup kills, especially if they're playing with the 2/2/2 meta.

>solo queue ranked because why not
>everyone in my team is also platinum
>mfw two player instalock heal
>mfw other two player instalock tank
>mfw I'm actually forced to pick DPS now

I wasn't prepared for this.

I don't understand why so many people pick characters they don't really understand well in fucking ranked. Like they're practically still in practice stage, in ranked. Play something in qp until you're comfortable with it and know how to utilize them in any situation. Also learn that they don't necessarily have "any situation" and switch characters. And don't be too proud to admit that you're doing a bad job and ask to support instead

>Play Genji in quickplay
>Relatively average player
>Play Genji in ranked
>Become fucking unstoppable
I don't know if it's the hype-ass intro music to ranked matches but that shit gets me pumped. Also I know a lot of players hate it but I absolutely love the on fire mechanic, it's like an instant ticket to THE ZONE.

It's the same thing with Reinhardt. Fucking love both of them.

>aim
>left click
>hit the head every single time
>yes, every single fucking time
>sometimes use abilities
>make sure you can aim
>EVERY SINGLE TIME

Wow you can play dps, what a revelation.

>tryhard shitters

We're talking about ranked here, you should try your best to win in ranked. If you're sub par with an offensive hero then you should switch to something easier.

Even at platinum level in ranked people are so bad that a Junkrat can easily win out games. Granted, you're not wrong, I still don't get angry seeing a Junkrat.

What I was trying to say with that is I so rarely see other player pick viable characters I was just surprised that for once I did NOT have to choose between Tank or Healer.

play an actually good game maybe ?

If you main Junkrat can you tell my why you fuckers always picks Junkrat when i'm already Mei? One defense hero can be worked with an contribute, but 2? And they NEVER switch, even if I pick first.

Go for the safe bet and pick Soldier. He's just marginally worse than McCree.

When I was tryharding to rank up in season 1, I'd always check my team's profiles during setup and suggest switches so everyone was on their best role and hero.
It's more common than you think to have some guy pick a hero or role they have almost no time on and just shut up during setup.

>Tryhard

You're in rank. That's where you're supposed to try your best.

If you want to fuck around and waste everyone's time for a few laughs, play unranked.

Any response to this other than 'Ok' or 'Thanks for correcting me' is retarded.

One thing that might make Genji better in ranked is that you probably have better teammates and fit in a proper composition. Genji does it best when he can capitalize on team efforts. The opportunities are hard to find in quick play because everything is a mess.

Ok, thanks for correcting me.

Did you just hit silver or something? Not that uncommon desu.

>If you main junkrat
god no, I literally never go Junkrat.

The answer is they suck

I'm onto you.

>play Rein
>someone picks Ana on defense
>never receive any healing at all and they nano boost me at the worst possible moments, and don't even bother heal 'nading me and heal while I rush in
>check their profile
>a million hours as Genji and Hanzo, 0.1 minute as Ana
DON'T go into ranked if you don't have sufficient experience as at least one DPS, one tank and one healer.

Can you leave during hero select without penalty?
Sometimes a match is already lost before it's begun.

Soldier or Reaper. Soldier is impossible to fuck up and melts easily if you have any semblance of aim. Reaper is a bit harder to use but he's a really valuable addition for hunting down tanks or sticking with the payload

You're sorta missing the point. Yes, ranked is for people to try hard in and do their best, but there's a difference between someone accepting their mistakes and saying "Good game," and moving on and an actual Tryhard who'd just spout angry shit endlessly in teamchat and go out of their way to insult people

Yes, in QP.

play tf2

No, still mid-platinum. I've gotten a lot more lucky with team comps in Season 2 when solo queueing. Season 1 was a fucking mess where it felt like a more punishing way of playing QP.

I've been playing tf2 since release. We're fucking bored of that game. Go away.

you'll get bored of overtrash any minute now and play something thats actually good.

FUCK

Zarya is quick play just sucks. She's a beast in comp because enemies actually focus fire your team, which allows you to build damage fairly quickly.

I just hate people that consider Mei a damage dealer. I remember some chick saying "are you fucking retarded?" when I said Mei wasn't a damage dealing character. We ended up losing and I had 3 golds. They were salty as fuck when I said "sorry, can't carry em all".

This is a really solid point. You need to be able to play at least one role well. Considering this is OW that really shouldn't be hard.

wait what? this game really doesn't have a scoreboard? holy SHIT fucking BAD. no wonder this game is such hot garbage.

>I just hate people that consider Mei a damage dealer
If you're talking about 2/2/2 then she absolutely is a damage dealer.

Mei CAN deal good damage, her headshots deal McCree-tier damage at mid range, and her walls can separate tanks from their team which obviously assists DPS greatly. But this requires the Mei to be a good player, many Meis are terrible.

Also if she takes up one of the DPS spots then the other DPS should be pretty good to make up for it.

Everything you just said makes her sound like a huge hindrance compared to any other offensive character. Granted, good Mei's are solid I would still want another DPS with her.

>her headshots deal McCree-tier damage at mid range,

If you're using this argument then why not just fucking use McCree?

Her damage is weak in comparison to any other decent offensive character. She's better at splitting enemy teams and controlling areas by being a thread and using her ult.

>Her damage is weak in comparison to any other decent offensive character. She's better at splitting enemy teams and controlling areas by being a thread and using her ult.
Her damage is actually on-par with the other offense/defense roles. Icicles have falloff but do excellent damage and are easy to score headshots with

Regardless, the role she fits in a team composition is DPS and not tank. Rein/Zarya/Mei/Hitscan/Mercy/off-healer is the defensive strategy.

She separates the enemies' tanks from their team. You see this in pro tournaments all the time on stages with choke points: Rein leads the enemy team, and a Mei puts a wall right behind him so everyone can kill him in a second. After their team is short one tank and are vulnerable.

Also her ult is a game changer now thanks to the range buff, it's kinda retarded honestly

I went from 2500ish to 1611. Literally all my teams are full attack, with me needing to choose between a tank or healer. Meanwhile all enemy teams are balanced. I think I'm cursed.

Yeah but then I could just mute you in the game chat. Stay mad.

Oh yeah, can't forget teammates leaving if a point got contested once, because of course that's a surefire loss. Have also never seen a match that wasn't a steamroll from either side. Either we win immediately or the enemy does.

If you consistently get bad teams you cannot win. Sorry man, I think the same shit is happening to my friend.

Not saying she's a tank, but I've seen a lot of low damage Meis. I see her primary function as being a threat and a disturbance, not a damage dealer. Like how people don't see Zenyatta as a primary healer.

>5 gold medals as Zenyatta
I don't know what my team's doing and quite frankly I don't want to know

I have the same experience when I solo queue, luckily I got a few friends that play from time to time and they're pretty decent.

>Get 4 gold medals
>Card is some miscellaneous shit like damage blocked or hook accuracy

You're not wrong, but you're misusing the term DPS

In Overwatch when someone says DPS they mean an offense/defense character. Compositions consist of either 3 tanks and 3 support or 2 tanks, 2 support, and 2 dps. In this sense (the only one really used in Overwatch) Mei is a DPS.

Yes, her primary function is less damage and more stalling/cc, but what she is considered in the meta is DPS

That's a huge bummer, mine have been pretty even a lot of the time. Granted I've been doing a lot of solo q so eventually things tend to balance out. What's the penalty for leaving anyways? They should hand out a 30 minute comp cooldown for quitters.

Also tfw you lock an offensive character and 3 people on your team do the same a handful of seconds later.

Stay losing dude. Cred Forums just can't take the heat when it comes to team competitive games. Even fairly easy ones.

Ten minutes with an increasing timer up to a full season ban.

>game has a couple of legit fun character to play as
>you're forced to play the shitty boring ones otherwise you lose

how can OW players go through such torture? why don't you play a game where you can actually play how you fucking like instead?

>Most fun characters for me are Zarya and Zen
>There's never a situation where people don't want me to play them

Feels fucking good, man.

>Hey lets make a ranked system where your elo gain is dictated by win streaks and performance
>Dont forget to tell the team that decided that there shouldnt be any way for your "teammates" to see who's actually pulling all the weight with 4 gold medals to go fuck themselves and add a scoreboard
I like how in trying to make the game less "toxic" (thinking that somehow proving you're actually doing all the work is "toxic"), they've made it worse by allowing people to get the retarded idea that A: "gold medals dont mean anything so im gonna keep being fucking useless and not change out" and B: People can just straight up lie and say "hurr i've got gold u dont ur bad ur not in our premade swap" and hide the fact that they're anchoring like a fucking handicap.

Just been playing Overwatch for the first time this last week and in qm im baffled by all the people that instalock Hanzo. I suppose their inner weeaboo possess them.

My most fun characters are Genji and McCree, true shitter style, but I honestly think most of the good characters are fun, even Mercy. I have no problem fitting into any comp, but I rarely get to play DPS unless I play with my friends.

I think it's moreso just the prospect of his ult and "Le epic sniper kills,"

>Le epic sniper kills
This fucking infuriates me because these goddamn mouthbreathing shitters think they're actually any level of skillful without realising Hanzo's arrows have a hitbox the size of Roadhog's ass

Seagull play him all the time in streams and everyone wants to be a pro headshotter. Same thing happened with Genji which annoyed me since I have Genji as my favorite hero and now Genji shitters were everywhere giving him a bad name. At least it died down somewhat with his nerfs.

I really wish play of the game wasn't a thing.

>People are slowly realizing how bad the game is and how little Blizzard cares, this became exceptionally evident in the Summer Games Box Bullshit event when people were already starving for new skins and shit and instead get
>Box only, those coins are useless bro!
>A chunk of the Sombra "ARG" which is just them pretending to be running an ARG when it's just to tie over retards until they release her
>Then the new map which exemplifies they aren't willing to even try anything new, cause it's another Control Point into Payload map with choke points as far as the eye can see and the only open space is the control point and the lane for the Payload up to the door
>With 2 new Legendary Skins for one character
>They don't listen to their community
>No Blizzard Dev team ever has
>Nor do they care as long as you give them money
>And it's finally shining through due to the sheer popularity of Overwatch
Fucking finally.

>pro players pick them "for fun" when they play games they know they will absolutely curbstomp in
>shitters believe they're legit good and start instalocking the shittiest heroes thinking they can be nearly as good as the players they want to emulate

>first greentext is whining about summer event
stopped reading there

this is an 18+ only site

>He can't even finish a greentext
This is an 18+ only site, please go finish your elementary education.

>hurr dey no listen
>baww muh boxes
hulu.com/watch/709504

Start watching at 14 minutes

Learn how the world really works you crybabby faggot

>Hulu
>South Park
>Linking to a season that requires a sub
You're a retard.

They do this with HotS quickplay.

>finish placement matches at ~2600 SR
>solo queue for a few days
>lost 600 SR, despite consistently being the best player on my team
>all because I keep getting paired with spics who instalock Hanzo or do other stupid shit like picking Widowmaker and Bastion on attack
I give up, it's fucking impossible to play competitive matches without friends. The game really needed some sort of low priority queue, like in Dota 2, for the shitters that refuse to learn team composition or to actually pick characters they know how to use.

Mei deals 5 more damage than McCree with her base shot. On top of being able to pick people off pretty well at mid-range (which is easy because projectile hitboxes are retarded again), she is a counter to basically every tank, especially D.va and a soft counter to Genji.

>play Winston to deal with enemy Genji
>they switch to Reaper next round
>play D.Va to delete his shots
>they also have a Mei and Zarya to make sure I can't do a fucking thing
Mei is disgusting

>Nobody on my team picks Reinhardt or a healer

Why tho? Reinhardt is my main and he fucking wrecks shit so hard.

Maybe i'm just really unlucky but I'd say 8 out of 10 team I play on has a Hanzo. They're always the ones who contribute the least and they're always the ones to complain when things don't go right.

They play Hanzo regardless of what map it is, whether they're on attack or defence and no matter what the situation is. If it's overtime on Lijiang tower they'll still stick with Hanzo. Something about him and Genji just attracts the most assholes, they're usually the most vocal ones blaming their team for not pulling their weight whilst they're sat miles away from the objective flinging arrows around a corner hoping for a headshot.

I don't doubt there are good Hanzo players out there but holy shit they're hard to find.

>When it's just to tie over retards
yeah, people like you are a diamond dozen

I have a friend that was top 500 last season and he used to lose 20+ games in a row. The tilt gets worse the higher you go

It seems like every time I pick Rein (or a tank in general, I especially have this problem with Zarya) my entire team runs away and leaves me alone so I can be brutally murdered by Tracers and Genjis or focused down by their whole team.

>nearly 230 hours played
>still haven't even touched ranked at all because i'm afraid of getting stuck as healbitch/tank and watching my team fail spectacularly
I didn't want a golden gun anyways.

At least I have seven bucks and a basic understanding of the freemium model

You could always ask mommy for a sub but if she won't buy you loot boxes I doubt she'll get this for you either

The Hanzo infestation is a bit worse here recently because Seagull mains him now.

Dedicated Servers. They are the only reason I put so much time into TF2 as I played for a long time with Cred Forums servers since TF2 started. Overwatch players being extremely serious about a casual game is what killed it instead of just being good and playing the game normally like most people who played TF2 did.

>thinking Blizzard would ever release their server code for Overwatch
That's a nice fantasy world you're living in, user.

Oh I know, but that would be the answer to all the problems with Overwatch.

I've been noticing a lot more Mei and Zarya combos. What's the best counter for them? Hopefully a tank or support since dps is always insta locked.

You know the exact reason why people wont switch?

"SWITCH YOU FUCKING HANZO FAGGOT, UUUUU SUUUUUCK, FUCK YOU WE CARRY YOU, SWIIIIITCH"

What do you honestly think is going to happen? that he is going to listen to a complete stranger that bitches at him and is in general, a huge asshole?

I know this might come as a foreign concept, but sometimes being nice and asking nicely will go a long way. You might call me a pussy faggot, but it's pretty much just basic shit, you keep ignoring.

if he doesnt listen to polite requests, then he obviously werent going to switch, even if you called him a huge flaming faggot.

I'm the same, I did my placement matches just out of curiosity and then didn't bother with ranked anymore. I'm like that on all games though, I just don't particularly care about rank. I do like to play competitively sometimes but I don't look to overwatch for that, I prefer quickplay with a bro. We have a lot of fun so I just stick with it.

>like Bastion, Hanzo, Torb and Symm
>all bad characters that can't be either played on attack or played at all

At least in TF2 offensive Engineer is decent even without babby turret update.

DESU is not worth it man.

Shit gets more frustrating than fun seeing your team mates do jack shit.

And this is coming from a 3054 Diamond...

Only reliable counter to Zarya is Reaper, he deals with Mei pretty well too if you can kill her quick enough.

He's very good but you can only enjoy playing reinhardt for so long until you realize that shitters will never let you pick anyone else (unless you want a team with 0 tanks because no one will ever pick or even be good with them), you look at the 20000% pickrate you have with him or zarya and think "man if I'm only ever allowed to use this faggot who can melee and shield up then I might aswell go play Dark Souls or something"

t. player with 80 hours of Reinhardt combined between Season 1 and 2 but quit the game because bored as shit of him (and any other tank) past the first 40 hours

It would only solve bad servers where shitters unite, yes.

It wouldn't do jack shit for ranked.

A good McCree deals with both of them too

Tracer is probably Zarya's hardest counter. Reaper or Mei also work well. For Mei, McCree is probably the best counter, assuming you can headshot after flashbang.

Partly because his sentry is stronger, his dispenser is useful, and his teleporter is a godsend. And he's just one character.

Reaper takes less skill to efficiently deal with them though. If you can aim well McCree shits on almost everyone 1v1.

>I know this might come as a foreign concept, but sometimes being nice and asking nicely will go a long way.

You underestimate these faggots tho.

Every time I ask someone to switch I get either ignored or a troll answer.

And yes, I do as politely.

Then I go as far as giving them the benefit of the doubt and think they'll perform good.

In rare cases they do, but more commonly they're always guaranteed to fuck up.

That's when shit starts to get irritating.

And they only switch about 10 seconds before losing the match.

Ranked is shit though.

>McCree
>deals with Zarya

???

>ranked
either get rid of it or make it party of 6 or nothing
>potg
either get rid of it or make it winning team only
>unbalanced teams
add autobalance

boom game fixed

If you need a scoreboard to figure out who is the shitter on your team, then either you are the shitter or you're just as bad as they are

>autobalance
this is quite honestly the most retarded post i've seen all year which is a huge accomplishment given that im posting on Cred Forums

Because he can deal out good damage without being in range of her beam and since he isn't projectile based can avoid shooting her barriers more reliably. WHenever I play McCree I tend to focus Zarya because I know what a high priority target she is

I'm having the best luck at killing both of them with either Zenyatta, Junkrat or Bastion

They're fairly unpopular picks in pro gaming (except Zen) but they tend to do their job just fine in Diamond Ranked games and if a Mei needs to die it's well worth picking them

I played competitive last season at the beginning lost 70% of the time. I don't have any friends at all so it's pointless to play for me. It's okay quickplay is fun enough.

>How do we fix it?

remove hanzo, widow, ana and mei from the game

all i ask

Sup silver player.

>killing Zarya as Junkrat
Nah man, Zarya sees those grenades being lobbed down towards her she sees it as a great opportunity to charge her energy.

>I can afford to waste money needlessly
Good for you?

>Playing reinhardt
>Blocking 20k of damage on average
>STILL getting silver/gold medals in objective kills
>tfw stuck at Gold 2,200 because I have to rely on teammates who just scream at me because they don't know how to take cover behind a giant blue rectangle.
>Tfw have to convince gf to play a healer just to get a decent medic.

One of the leaked sound files have Athena said "Teams have been balanced"

Take it with a grain of salt.

the trick is to avoid aimlessly spamming nades in a room knowing that she's nearby, and then to keep blasting her off after she's done shielding

a solid Junkrat can also bait empty shields if the Zarya is bad enough

for the first two games of last season comp i found meis blocking our spawn point, then a symmetra putting the teleport to make us fall.

QP has become shit lately on eu servers

iktf fellow reinbro

>having a GF
I thought all Rein players were glorious homosexuals

Here's the audio clip before someone calls bullshit.

clyp.it/xemcqqw3

Im with you bro.
>Standing on payload. Holding shield up.
>Allies die cause they run past the payload to get kills
>They all blame me cause I couldn't protect them

How could I protect them if they cant protect themselves?

My pain is greater

>30K blocked on average
>Constantly get gold on elims, damage, obj time
>Without Ana or Zen
>Get POTG
>Still LOSE

On the other hand, a Rein that just holds his shield up against nothing while your healers are pestered by a Genji is the worst. Go smash his skull in

>having a hulu/netflix account instead of spending 50+ a month on cable is wasting money
At least pretend you pay for your own life

Oh boy
>absolutely demoĺish enemy team defense, no chance of comeback, victory is assured
>you have been autobalanced to the opposing team
>lose

>cable
I don't watch TV tho.
I don't waste money.
Cable around here is $20 btw.

Aren't they adding in a death match mode? I assume that's even more casual friendly so team balance probably would make more since there.

First step is to stop playing a shitty meme game

We've only heard talks about Skirmish becoming it's own mode, and it mostly works as practice

>playing Rein
>McRee and 76 are behind my shield
>they're fucking dodging back and forth
YOU FOOLS LINE UP YOUR GODDAMN SHOTS AND WE MIGHT ACTUALLY KILL SOMETHING

>Play Zenyatta
>when an enemy Rein charges ours I heal him and discord theirs
>our Rein survives and theirs dies 100% of the time

Also fuck people who complain about not getting heals in the middle of a fire fight. If you're behind cover and not getting heals that's a legit issue, but otherwise you just need to fuck off and realize that priorities happen in a team fight.

>muh golds
Your team was right

upset baddieboy.

>gf
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>playing McCree
>enemies standing stock still behind an advancing Rein
>he throws his projectile at us, dropping his shield for just a split second
>blow the 76's head off

Zenyatta's are pretty cool. I hate Hanzos with a passion though. They never contribute to the fights reliably and are edgelords who try to cover up the fact that they are bad with "Heh, I was merely pretending to be retarded. *Tips Fedora*. This game is for casuals anyway ;) ;)"
Why do people feel the need to play hanzo? He and Widowmaker are both outclassed by a decent Ana.
Heh, Nothing personel kid.

that's my one issue, honestly. I keep getting paired with or put against comparatively low level players, and put against or paired with equal or higher level players. Just because their placement matches indicated that their 'skill' should be around gold/platinum/whatever, doesn't mean that they've put enough time into the game to know what works on each map, what counters each hero, what team comp works best, etc.

I'll play 10 matches in a row where either my team gets run over or my team runs the enemy team over before I get a match where things are decently even.

Hanzo is fun, not that a tryhard faggot like yourself would know what that is.

They need to balance the heroes better. I know some picks like Bastion are situational but he's still a piece of shit that dies too fast. Torb is useless, Widow and Hanzo are crap.

I can't honestly have fun knowing full well I'd be more of use to the team if I just stopped playing a certain character and got on another one.

>having a shit projectile taking too much time to be charged is fun.
Oh wow. At least Genji or Tracer, i can get why you'd consider them fun, since they just dash and jump in every direction.
But hanzo? lel.

Shit should be balancing out soonish. I just played like 3 games and everyone in them seemed fairly competent overall. There was only like 3 wasted ults in all of the games combined.

I really have no issue with Hanzo. Some of them are semi useful, same for Widow. The only thing that fucking irks me is seeing Torbjorn.

>people trying to micromanage each other

you mean fucking teamwork?

this has to be bait

>I laughed on the mic for a solid minute
I really hope this didn't actually happen, spergalicious.

Are they ever going to make it that your ranking depends at least somewhat on individual performance? I honestly think CS:GO nailed that one

How many times will you do this to yourself? Never go into comp alone. Always bring friends

It does to a degree, it's just that trying to be a decent player on a shit team is near impossible.

Cred Forums seems to think that someone getting mad at them for being retarded means the player base is toxic as hell.

It's okay user. Reinhardt players have it hard having to rely on total retards all the time.

>tfw my friends that play are low gold and high silver

I have like one buddy in diamond but I want to rank up to him before grouping with him.

Also story time.

>Play Ana, attacking on Hollywood
>our team pushes past the choke, a lot of us die out, a lot of them die out
>it's just me and the reaper near the point with 1 or 2 enemies near by
>suddenly their Mercy flies in and revives 3 of them
>I manage to sleep their recently revived Reinhardt before he can get back on point
>I pop up, heal the reaper once and ult on him
>They run back to Reinhardt, I wake him up with my grenade and hit a few of them
>reaper melts their team, our team respawns in and starts to help
>we take the first point and end up winning from then on

Shit felt good. Reaper + Ana is just brutal.

Smashing the skulls of Genji players who underestimate both Reinhardt and my ability to predict where they're going to dash/jump to is one of my favorite pass times.

Them desperately trying to flee before getting knocked the fuck out is one of the most satisfying feelings in the world. Second only to Charging a Genji to death mid-ult before he can kill anyone.

I'm usually more in the mood to just fuck around in games so I rarely even do competitive.

Playing Reinhardt is an exercise in knowing when to shield and when to swing. Also yes, Genji can get fucked hard by Rein. His swing arc has the biggest fucking hurtbox that covers a huge horizontal area, so you can swing and easily slap the cunt if he's anywhere near you.

Dedicated servers

>copy tf2
>forget to copy community servers, community made content
>leave out what gave the tf2 so much longevity because you have an ego
>still make money off of retards that waste their youth playing video games

That image tho, I loved that episode. Kenny getting the meat sweats and vomiting profusely was hilarious

What do you expect from a Junkrat shitter trying to Justify his choice on attack. For all we know his gold elims would have got him 4th on the other team since he team is getting shitted on by the other team and Junkrat is absolutely a Terrible choice at shutting down that said thing.

Just because you have good stats doesn't mean you're doing well. It's a team game and you have to support your team if you want to win. That's what most shitters don't understand and that's why they'll stay in plat.

i play zarya for my group and we have a dedicated rein, lucio and zenyatta.

i can play genji too if we need dps but we're really needing another dps dealer but my computer is the only one getting above 60 fps..

i want to upgrade everyone's shitty rig so they can kill fuckers with hitscan instead of derping arould with junkrat and bastion

>Escort the Payload, naturally pick Reinhardt
>Teammates pick Pharah, Tracer, and/or Genji as our DPS heroes, AKA Characters that will literally NEVER EVER get behind the shield
>Lose horribly, barely get outside the start because myself and the healers are the only ones trying to escort the payload.

I could see this kind of shit happening in Quick Play, but in competitive it's just baffling that people don't understand basic fucking strategies/teamwork. Especially since I'm in 2800+ Platinum, almost Diamond.

>consistently get 3 or more gold medals as tracer
>consistently lose
>can't tell if i'm shit or everyone else is

thats when you switch to zarya or roadhog and go for burst damage.
if your team will absolutely not cooperate and you refuse to accept an immediate loss, you should switch to a tank that can handle the team build.

it sucks and its not fair, i know, but rein by himself will get murdered every time.

That's usually what I do, but it still sucks being forced into an objectively inferior strategy because people have their heads too far up their own asses to care about anything other than running off and trying to get solo kills in game that requires a team effort to win.

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things anyway, because regardless of which tank I end up playing a team like that is very unlikely to pull together and get the objective to the end anyway.

>Just because you have good stats doesn't mean you're doing well

You have to go back to your safe space

Yes take one line out of context to justify not being a team player. As I explained if you're getting kills/damage/whatever nice but are you supporting your team? If your team is getting shitted on by Pharah/Mercy combo and you've got the dps spot and not being a hitscan to counter you're not what your team needs.

Like at least half the players in platinum are retarded, it's pretty insane. Also Pharah works damn well behind a Rein shield. Her direct rocket hits can bully any other tank.

I agree, but most Pharah players I've come across are not smart enough to take advantage of it. They'd much rather fly up into the air and get sniped by enemy Soldiers, McCrees, and Anas.

thats nice. i was playing with masters and top 500 players and tanked my rating since 1) no one wanted to deal with the tracer that kept picking off our healers 2) we had a hanzo main that was complete garbage and refused to switch 3) people getting picked left and right.

im convinced blizzard just wants to fuck most of their player base into some artificial bubble thats almost impossible to break out of. if its been a month and some of these upper diamond level players have survived so high being so shit something is wrong with the system

>he doesn't use movement to compensate for aim
Dumbass. Although come to think of it that's the main reason I was awful at CS.

That's when you switch to Zarya or D.Va and hope for the best.

>not understanding that your teammates are going for a dive comp and not a death ball

No user, you're the problem.

This.

You're the one that doesn't understand how Team comps or basic strategy work you retard. Pick Winston or Zarya.

Did you miss my second post?

>attack on payload
>person on widow
>"hey can you switch off of widow please?"
>goes hanzo

>objectively inferior strategy
Wew lad. Dive comps were the fucking meta pick before the tank stack comps became more common, and nobody does that in competitive mode.

You're still shit.

>my team
>6 randoms
>enemy team
>2, 3 man teams
>each with at least one guy a tier above your entire team
>"ITS ALRIGHT user, THEIR COMBINED SKILLED RATING IS 2 POINTS BELOW YOUR TEAM'S"

Its overwatch

its a shitty casualized tf2 clone that takes no skill, theres nothing to "fix"

also if you stopped posting dumb threads like these it would probably hold us back from the "worst fanbase" mantle for another month or so

>overwatch
>strategy

Bored of it. Stop posting meme games

>OW
>worst fanbase

Top kek, it barely cracks the top 10.

>Select screen
>someone does hanzo insta pick
>torbjorn follows
>ending gracefully with a widow
>wakemeup.jpg
>tempted to just quit but stop because of the ban that would follow
>someone from our team becomes a bro and takes one for the team and quits
>match is cancelled

You will always have a place in my heart datkUsh420

gg ez

Its easily top 5, really trying for number one on Cred Forums with threads this shitty non-stop all day

should honestly just stay on /vg/ instead of spamming 10 different ow threads at the same time

Lets be honest, if he was getting golds as junkrat his team was pretty fucking garbage.

>expecting anything but gold for damage as junkrat

>but it wasn't gg
>it was bg

Blizzard should just add a kick mechanic at the beginning of a match. That way the entire team can kick hanzo insta lockers as well as people who pick widow and torbjorn. I mean that would justify the long ass waiting time the attacking team has to be locked in their spawn.

And for fucks sakes just spawn the defending team in the first point at the beginning.

nigga cable is fucking useless because of commercials now. On demand is much better than cable, especially with no commercials.

that said I just pirate my stuff, plus someone gave me their aunt's netflix account

>Finish placement matches
>do horribly and end up in gold
>fight my goddamn way up through shitters, quitters, hanzos, to platinum
>Finally reach upper plat
>reach SR 2980
>IM GONNA MAKE IT BOYS, IM GONNA MAKE IT
>lose 6 games in a row

Hanzo is good now though. Very easy to use and would yield better results than some other heroes in the hands of a shitter.

Also what's up with most rank 70s falling into rank 2700 this season? They're usually awful. Did they get lucky last season?

Or is still rank 3000 the same as 60 last season?

>match is canceled

what

>never played the game
>"no wonder this game is such hot garbage"

Do you fuck your mother with that down syndrome mouth?

If someone quits before the match starts, the match is cancelled

>muh gold medals dont matter meme

They do matter because they are the best gauge on how shit your team is. If you have all the golds then it means your team is slacking off and doing shit.

>popular game game gets a bigger number of threads than the obscure games
>so it should move to /vg/ to calm my fucking autism
So you're the kind of guy just going to every thread and be that obnoxious faggot just saying >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> aren't ya?
I mean, if you hate those threads so much, why don't you just filter them? You know, 4chanx can make Cred Forums the safe space you're looking for. Because at that point, it's as ridiculous as the guy walking into a gay bar and complaining there are faggots everywhere.

>play junkrat
>sit in a corner and hold LMB
>press Q
>get golds
>rinse and repeat
Man youre so fucking rad

Maybe the team can't get momentum because they can't stay alive because people aren't playing like a team.

I always or never switch depending on how it is asked.

>Hey pal, we dont really need a Junkrat, could you switch to McCree or Soldier to counter their Phara?
Sure thing mate.

>We dont need another dps you idiot keep it 2-2-2
Haha go fuck yourself.

If he had gold objective he'd have to be in a corner with on point at least.

Damage done and elminations are such shit stats because of the way Blizzards counts them. Eliminations are counted as long as you did any damage within the buffer before they die, and damage done could mean that you shot Roadhog a lot but never actually picked anyone off when it was important.

>junkrat is objectively a retarded pick in 99% of cases

Only on games played at top skill, it doesnt matter for anything Diamond and below.

I don't like competitive because its full of try-hards. You use a single character thats not "in the pro meta" and your entire team shits on you for not "following the meta" while all proceeding to only die and not do shit.

>be rein escoetig payoad
>enemy pahara keeps killing me
>no one from my team bothers killing her because aiming at a flying target is hard
>get so bad i climb on top of the payload and try to swing at her when shes low making me a big fat target to everyone else
>overwatch

I still feel like the crosshair for McCree's left-click is bigger than the actual hitbox, which makes it infuriating to hit people.

The game literally has a scoreboard

>I will call them out and bitch at them
you sound like a tool

>tfw 6 hours as Zenyatta in season 2 because I can't trust my team to either heal or deal damage

It's a good job I'm good with him. On the odd chance someone else locks him i just pick what we need and hope for the best.

>BRO JUST PLAY TF2, BRO. BRO JUST PLAY TF2, LOOK AT THAT COMPETITIVE BRO. BRO PLEASE PLAY TF2 NOBODY PLAYS IT ANYMORE. BRO MEET YOUR MATCH BRO, LOOK AT THESE SICK HATS.
Yeah, no thanks faggot. You've obviously never played overwatch before so you enjoy your casualized free to play baby game.

>this shitty argument again

Frogposter being frosposter

>when TF2 was at its peak Cred Forums said it was casual
>now that it's obscure and overwatch is more popular Cred Forums says it's not casual

Never change Cred Forums

>implyig anyone cares about gold on objective time
And this comes from someone with 40 hours with rein. I always get gold on objective time but no one cares, not even objective eliminations. The only gold medals anyone seems to care about are eliminations and damage

>enemy tries doing some cheese strat on route 66 with bastion and rein
>switch over to junkrat
>completely steamroll them

Why don't more people play DVA as a flanker? Similar to what i do as tracer.

She has one of the best mobility skills in the game, a no reloading gun and a decent shield with low cooldown.

She is more of an attack class than a tank

I imagined a reinhardt jumping on top of the payload frantically swinging at a phara flying above him.

Kek thanks for the laugh

>allow players to play MvM-esq single player "Omnic Crisis" missions that influence who you match with in ranked games based on how many shots you land, how fast you complete the missions, etc

>card votes happen before potg, players vote for potg

>in ranked mode, certain heroes cannot be selected first. characters like hanzo, reaper, genji, are grayed out until the 4th or 5th pick
>not picking before the hero select timer runs out causes the game to drop you and connect you to a skirmish and pulls a new player to replace you
>players with headsets are more likely to be connected to players with headsets, those without only connected to others without
Like said, Dungeon Finder, but only after improvements to the hero roles have been made

>allow Symmetra to set 12 turrets, remove their slow down, and make it so if you set 4 in a box shape on the ground, it becomes an aoe heal zone akin to 76's healzone

Just saying it eliminate the possibility of him turtling never pushing the goal

>He can't judged where the slow moving flying pharah is gonna be, put his large ass behind the cart, and use his fire strike to destroy her.
Either this is bait or the idea of practicing never occurs to you.

>doesn't like my hanzo pick

okay. i'll swap to widowmaker then :^)

Here's the thing.
Why isnt there a petition or something to call blizzard out that symmetra and the defense heroes barring mei, need reworking. The fact that an entire class is this underused should be a glaring balance flaw not a minor thing.

Its clear they are never going to be picked for anything but quick play, and even then more and more people on quick play will flame you for touching "bad characters

Their role in the meta is completely non existant.
They cannot even perform their duty as a defensive character better then the offense, besides mei.

If you care this hard about the game being good why is there no uproar about defensive heroes being this shit?

And dont use the excuse of "they are annoying"
That just means the system is broken and flawed yet you dont care because its not your favorites.

Ban parties in ranked, and give a longer warmup with a specific instructions to players to organise their hero picks.I suspect part of the problem with the unbalanced teams is that it aims for equal average team levels/ranks - instead it should select to ensure no players fall outside a certain range of the average

>/vg/
If those people weren't bitter autists sperging out if anyone dares contradict the opinions of their hugbox, then maybe I'd post there.

I agree about the kick mechanic, they already have one in WoW.

I'm the opposite, I was mid 40s last season but now I'm mid-high 2000s

Are you me? Over 60% of my playtime is Zen and the rest is almost all Rein.

That sounds like the most unfun shit. Are you a teacher or something?

stop bumping an obvious overwatch shill thread guys

Stop encouraging replies and just post what you think Tracers asshole smells like

you're a faggot

Get out of silver league and you'll see

>how dare you faggots talk about a videogame

In a board full of Cred Forums and /r9k/ faggotry, you complain about videogame discussion?

>wakfu

pottery

Two options:

>shield team and hope for someone from my team takes out phara like its supposed to happen in a team game

>just use my enormous shield to shield myself. Fuck my team.

Yeah something tells me people dont like playing with you

>actually shit at most characters, even Rein
>pick Lucio
>literally stand on point and E
>spam shots without aiming
>occasionally Q
>gold healing
>gold objective time
>bronze eliminations
>for blind m1 and E
I normally don't complain about winning, but this is silly.

What are you even on about. Her shoot speed is twice as slow and her projectile is harder to aim between being non-hitscan and the shooting delay.

If you're seriously comparing her damage potential with McCree's, then you've got some sort of brain disease.

>it's so salty and toxic

YOU are the fucking problem. Period.

You fucking faggots and your political correctness think you deserve to be praised for "participation" like it's a fucking honor that you threw our fucking game by going a defensive hero on attack. Fuck you. You either WIN or fucking LOSE.

Faggots that can't handle someone calling them what they are, shitters, deserves an automatic 2 week competitive ban. Go play Quick Play with your shitter style and stop ruining my fucking rank bc you think you are a "pro" genji or hanzo or junkrat.

You are shit and you ruin a team.

fucking love that show tbqh

spenny is a faggot though; emailed him for his sex with spenny column and he's a giant faggot and always uppity even if you word things nicely

Your hidden ELO is really high compared to your actual rank.

I'm not exactly sure how it works in Overwatch but in Smite you gain a lot more rank for each win than you do for a loss if you have an ELO higher than where you are.

>start out the season playing mostly Mercy/Lucio/Rein
>lose most games as I can't assist a team that's running around with their heads cut off
>switch to more selfish heroes like Zen/Zarya/D.Va
>skyrocket through the rankings

This is why we can't have nice things

I exclusively play Torbjorn in competitive. Attack and Defense. Shit is hilarious. Entire shitty teams will wipe to the other team and then scapegoat me. Me getting play of the game at the end is icing on the cake.

>tf2
>casualized
Of the two, which game has the "press button to rocket jump" abilities, infinite ammo, and half as many players on each team?

I want to drown your face in bleach. Die in a fire now

>>Some salty shitter is arguing that "damage is a bullshit stat, you're inflating your damage by shooting Rein's shield"
Damage to rein's shield doesn't add to your damage score though

>giving a shit about score in tf2, EVER

The only reason the defense characters don't get picked is because they have kind of crappy ults.

Symmetra's ult can be destroyed,
Junkrat's ult can be destroyed,
Torbjorns ult can be destroyed,

Meanwhile the two snipers, each with good ults, are each getting nerfed/buffed into being either top or bottom tier.

Even if it's quickplay it's frustrating when the only ones actually trying to push is me as healer and the reinhardt, the rest are too busy practicing their shitty hanzos to help out. Like, you can play as good as you fucking want, you are gonna lose.

What? Yes it does.

No, damage to any sort of shield is never counted.

got a team of 3 on EU server playing ranked ~2600 SR, anyone wanna join up?

This. This game lacks tons of features. It just sucks.

stop solo queueing

don't fall for any of the "you can carry if you just pick ______" memes, they're absolutely true sometimes but there are also so many straight idiotic teams that you just won't be able to carry unless you have dictator-like charisma on voice chat

it literally is lol, even zarya's barriers

>Only play QP
>Match queues up, premade teams on both sides
>Check profiles for shits and giggles
>Enemy team's comp scores are all Diamonds and Masters with lighting coming off of them
>Allied team's comp scores are Platinums and Golds
>Some motherfucker always instant locks Hanzo and has 50+ hours as Hanzo with less than 5 hours in anyone else

This matchmaking is busted.

Competitive rank should be based on personal skill completely, not whether your team won or lost.

>>Only play QP
At least you're not playing competitive. I love it when seasons are over, because QP brings the fun back with the lack of pressure.

If it wasn't for the locked Golden guns and sprays they have behind Comp, I would literally never touch that cancerous bullshit.
But instead, my stupid fucking ass wants some dumb ass cosmetic cancerous shit, so I drag myself across Overwatch hot coals, with nothing but infantile rage and misery to show for it.

I'm kinda tempted but too anxious

Counts towards damage stat, not ult charge.

Yeah I don't care enough about gold weapons to deal with that shit. The way they shine ends up being kinda tacky and distracting to me anyway.

Holy fuck you're retarded. Go into quick play right now and don't do anything but shoot at Rein's shield and tell me what happens to the damage done counter.

It counts. What's even worse is that Mei's ice walls count too.

It's really bad for D.va's because they'll self destruct only for Mei to put up a wall and their damage gets inflated by 3000 points or so and they suddenly get gold damage.

Zen and Zarya aren't selfish though, they literally make bad teams good just by being on them. Their ults are the best thing your team could ask for.

That's completely true. It's mostly a dick measuring contest, I'm just too much of a child to not take part in flopping my own dick out.

>"Lol bro chill I'll switch if it isn't working"

Is there anything more infuriating than this?

Dealing with Zarya isn't just killing Zarya.

If you can force her to back out of a fight without any charge, you gain maybe 10 seconds of momentum because she's rendered useless until her cooldowns and shields are back up.

McCree can do this. Other damage dealers other than Tracer really can't. 76 to some extent, but you're in bad shape if she bubbles your rocket.

B-B-But user, you just need to git gud.

You need to be good enough to take on the entire enemy team by yourself!

Clearly the guy picking Bastion on attack wasn't at fault.

>"Lol dude i'll switch if I'm getting fucked up"
>They proceed to never switch even when they get curb stomped

Now THAT, is infuriating.

fuck bastion players in comp. It doesn't work. It never works, except when the opponent does it in the fourth round, otherwise go to 76, mccree or whatever else you piece of shit

Not true. They're good on attack for melting a Rein shield on the first choke point on Eichen if you post up on the stair case on the far right. I usually start out bastion, break the choke point line, and immediately swap to a better class after.

The worst part is these idiots only switch after the enemy team has already captured the payload and are 3/4th on the way to the cap, so when they do switch and actually pick something that contributes to the team comp they're still useless because they don't have time to build their ult.

QP is where I dick around and try new heroes or might have to quit in a match

I play comp only because everyone is playing at their best and I usually only ever have fun playing at my best. Trying hard, sweating bullets, and holding my breath for clutch moments are what I consider fun. The ranking is a goal, but that's not why I play. Am I try hard?

>Am I try hard?
You are user, but so am I.
I complain about the misery of Comp, but the rare occurrence of when the planets align and you get a top tier team comp with great people to play with, that makes all the losses before hand seem worth it.

>play a month after release with a four man queue
>match takes eight seconds to find

>solo queue now
>around forty seconds, more or less

user

>when a shitty hanzo get potg because he freeloaded on a zarya ult and probably feels like hot shit after

>free game compared to 60$

user

Same here, he's easily on 9/10 of the teams I play with regardless of map and they never EVER do fucking anything. It's so goddamn frustrating.

I wish they would nerf scatter arrow already so these shitters wouldn't keep getting the positive reinforcement of a free kill every 10 seconds.

>thinking I was the person you were responding to

user

Is there any hero more underrated than a (good) widow on attack?
>Defending Anubis as Zen
>Our Rein drops his shield for a second to firestrike and gets me headshot
>Said widow proceeds to shoot Lucio/S76 dead shortly after and win her team the first point inside of 60 seconds into the match
>Between 2nd being not good for widow and switching to an anti-sniper comp (Genji/Winston) we manage to stop the bleeding and hold for a little over five minutes

I've had several games since the start of this season where an attack widow has played out of her mind and won points for her team pretty much by herself.

If you're literally standing on the payload, you are a fucking moron.

I hate when reins do this, by leaving a gap between the shield and the ground, you're letting the enemy team shoot EVERYONE behind you. Beyond that, you're letting everyone with explosives get free kills on you by just shooting beneath you.

The problem with most torbs I see is that they put their sentry in a place where the enemy team can see it and not in a place where it will ambush them while they're focusing on the team or objective.

Pretty easy to an obvious good torb and bad torb that way

>I will call them out and bitch at them if they refuse to switch. Shit's infuriating.

you sound like a faggot

are you the guy that asks obnoxious rhetorical questions like "why is our Reinhardt so bad" or wonders aloud "I don't know why our DPS keeps dying" and then when people call you an asshole you make fun of them as if they want a safe space?

All i want is a little scoreboard for my team showing which medals are held by which people, is that too much to ask?

Heck, don't even do that just tell me how many medals each person has

>Finish placement matches
>Land at upper end of Platinum
>Around 1/2 wins from Diamond actually
>Tfw play exclusively solo queue
>Play for a few hours
>Don't win a single match
>Drop all the way down to mid-gold
>Haven't played Overwatch for over a week since then

Who /doghouse/ here?

Sick of this shit.

I'm going to learn how to play Ana so I can just nanoboost my friend playing Rein and fucking push through a choke. Convincing your team to perform a coordinated push without at least five players queued up is a nightmare, especially if you're pigeonholed into Lucio.

>tfw exclusively played tank and heals in comp in season 1
>got good as Reaper between seasons in shitplay
>still barely use dps
I don't know how many times I've carried as Roadhog and Lucio. Shit's ridiculous.

Widow is hands down the worst character in the game followed by Torbjorn and hanzo for the vast majority of players.
However with a fuckton of practice she can insta-gib anyone squishy, but it's unlikely to happen.

Fuck that. I want an actual scoreboard so people can stop thinking they don't need to switch because "gold elims lol".

if they have gold elims on a DPS class then neat.
if they have gold elims on a not DPS class, they need to bully the DPS into getting better
if they have gold elims as DPS and are shit your entire team needs to step it up and them call them shit, otherwise they're just right for you.

Why the fuck do elims and damage done even mean anything

You can tickle an enemy and still get elims

Damage Done is probably just Bastion shooting Roadhog a bunch.

You're not gonna carry as Road in higher levels of ranked, unless you yourself is carried by another tank

After losing 2 games you have to stop because there's some days I go on a winning streak and I'm not even doing good.

>Is there anything more infuriating than this?
Yes

>OMG Mercy you're so bad, fucking learn to heal
t. player who is off on his own

>gold damage with Junkrat

Thanks for feeding the enemy healer ults, asshole

They can't fix it, because Blizzard has some of the worst matchmaking known to mankind. It's the same exact reason HotS died. The winner of every game has nothing to do with one team performing better and everything to do with the other team not performing at all. This of course isn't helped by every Blizzardfag going into their multiplayer games with a supremely selfish mindset. It's like 80% of their playerbase doesn't know the definition of 'competitive' or 'team'. Work together? No, fuck you, I play every game for myself only because I'm a massive faggot. Then when you get mad I report you and you get reprimanded for 'toxicity', a word which somehow doesn't apply to me when I actively ruin the game for everybody unfortunate enough to be matched with me.

Someone HAS to have gold elims, it doesn't mean the DPS doesn't have to step it up and switch to something they're better at when shit isn't dying. When the fucking horrible McCree lands a few body shots on KOTH but is non-existent on the killfeed then defends himself with "Lol, then why do I have gold elims?" something is wrong. There's only 2 DPS on the team, of course you're going to have gold.

What's worse is they usually don't have gold by the time we lose, so us "stepping it up" doesn't do anything besides help fuel the cancer in match chat because we still fucking lost.

This is the biggest problem, especially when they instalock. Good players end up always taking the role of tank/support because it's what their team needs even though all their efforts will be wasted because the offense heroes won't do shit.

Good dps + bad healer/tank > bad dps + good healer/tank

I used to like playing support but I'll be damned if i go back to it

You are completely at the mercy of your team having a set of balls, I've had games were nobody makes an attempt to break the choke point for almost the entire 4 minutes. Meanwhile I'm lucio just healing and sending shots down the choke because I cant do shit. Fuck other people,

>comp game
>2-man team on my team
>they both instalock hanzo and widow

>another comp game
>guy picks hanzo
>gets on mic. it's a shit-talking little kid
>everybody tells him to switch
>he picks genji and sucks ass
>on defense, he picks bastion and gets fucked
>switched to widow

I'm willing to bet that most turbo shitters that everybody complains about are 15 years old and under.

this!Towards the end of season 1 i started play Reinhardt and zarya and I this same realization.

>>comp game
-man team on my team
>>they both instalock hanzo and widow
I just had this (except in quickplay) and the hanzo told us to not be cancer when we all went widow/hanzo too

>Teammate picks Bastion on Gibraltar
>We absolutely destroy the enemy team and cap the first point without stopping once
>Get stuck in the hangar
>Plainly obvious we have no way of gaining control of the payload to keep the pain train going
>Bastion still too prideful/fucking retarded to switch
>Takes the Reinhardt a switch to Zarya for the fucker to switch

Bastion's only use is it's shock value, it's like a micro-blitzkrieg that forces the enemy team to adapt so your team can counter-adapt and gain the upper hand once again then return to neutral.

Because when I'm getting Golds in damage as Reinhardt, who can't damage other Reinhardt's barriers for ez damage, THEN SOMETHING IS CLEARLY WRONG.

A fucking scoreboard would solve so many issues. Medals only make both scrubs and pros more prone to lash out and lie.

>tfw you "teleport behind them" and get a quad-penta with death blossom
My whole team starts to laugh making shitty jokes based on Coldsteel

what anime is that from?

Why are you celebrating mediocrity? Everyone groans in disgust every time Reaper and McCree get play of the game.

We get it, you teleported behind them/posted up on an advantage point and hit Y.
And people wonder why this game gets a bad rep for having a low skill ceiling.
The only reason why heroes like that don't get any worse of a rep then they already do is because of Hanzo's existence.

>play junkrat
>spam grenades at Rein's shield but don't actually kill anyone
>whine about team when I have gold damage
Every time

>You fucking faggots and your political correctness think you deserve to be praised for "participation"

he literally didn't imply any of that. not wanting to be constantly chewed out for an unconventional pick =/= demanding political correctness, however similar they can seem.

>threw our fucking game by going a defensive hero on attack

Would you prefer that the devs make it literally impossible to pick defense heroes on offense? Or have 2/2/2 be enforced? What about 3/3, is that comp allowed?

If the answer is that no meta should be enforced, then should people still be called shitters for breaking it? You can call anyone anything, but that would create a stale meta. Or should that only happen after they break it AND do poorly? If performance is the relevant criterion, should we ban people who play poorly?

Has calling someone a shitter ever caused them to stop playing shitty or turn a game around?

Nigga u dumb as hell

No, it doesn't.

Chill out dude, I was just saying how funny and silly it is.

I'm sorry for taking my Reaper hatred out on you, user.
It just sucks to get a shotgun up your ass when you're pushing the payload. ):

There's no justice in this world

tfw good reaper/mcree/healer/offtank
how do I learn rein

I'm gold because of premade of 6!

>criticizing the exact things that stop this game from tipping into the toxic MOBA cesspool

I want to nuke everyone in this thread

High blocked damage isn't necessarily good player. A good player knows when to drop shield. A retard keeps it up until depleted then the team wipes.

That's not even that bad.

T. dropped from 2800 to 2000.

2700 to 1800 here. Just kill me.

What's the highest rank you reached? Remember if you don't Solo Q, your rank is pretty much cheating.

I got 3400. Currently at 3200s though.

I'm about to get shit on hard for saying this, but watch moonmoon when he isn't throwing games. Aggressive rein is best rein.

Erased/ Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, check it out.

>if you don't Solo Q, your rank is pretty much cheating

You go against others with the same advantage of being able to group, how is that cheating?

>dropped like a rock from 2329 to 1890 in a little under a week
Fuck this shit. I know I'm not the best but some of the people I get paired up with act as if it's their first time using a mouse and keyboard

"If you aren't playing with this handicap that I give myself because of my inability to make friends you're cheating" is what he's saying

1. Not always.

2. Potential to get consistently carried by group members.

>Potential to get consistently carried by group members
Or potential to be anchored by your group members.

where my hanzo lads at

Do you have any legit advice for solo queueing? I only group nowadays because it's fucking awful. How often do you play? What do you do when you're on a loss streak? Do you stop playing for the day when you're on a win streak?

Yeah maybe it aint that bad, but fuck me i was 1 win away from diamond

>get a winning streak
>get within 50 points of diamond league
>fall back down
>repeat

This has happened to me 3 times, just a hair away from getting that pretty icon.

>Blizzard matchmaking

>ever queing with more than 3

deserve it tbqh senpai

I play a lot. Play a few hours a day. I basically stop playing when I lose 2 games in a row or I have an errand.

I don't really get on losing streaks anymore. It's weird because in like gold, I used to go to a lot of losing streaks. But once you reach the 3000s, most of the players are competent. Don't even have to tell them to not guard so close to their spawn.

And I only stop playing after a loss. Never on a win streak. Except one day where I went from 2200-3300 in one day and I just didn't lose the entire day. You get a crazy exp boost . But I was too tired to play more.

I moved back to Dirty Bomb. Having tons of fun. Don't even know why I left in the first place.

Because is fucking dead and has literally no future of any kind?

Which characters do you play?

I can't hitscan for shit so my main 3 are Rein/Reaper/Lucio. And if they're picked or need a counterpick, I could go Winston/Dva/Mercy/Ana.

If you play Rein or Lucio, you have to take charge and establish your dominance by saying what the plan is.

It's easier to win games now because there are better DPS players in this rank.

How to solve everything:

Pressing TAB allows to see your team's stats just like yours.

Damage dealt. Eliminations. Deaths. Accuracy, Healing Done, etc.

b..but that only encourages toxic behavior user. Feelings will be hurt and we can't have that.

>Stay losing dude. Cred Forums just can't take the heat when it comes to team competitive games
>being this assblasted

My block list contains every salty torb moaner and trust me all the others do the same. It cracks me up that people just start raging on keyboard at someone instead of actually playing, and I guarantee you they've blocked you on the first comment anyway. When you main torb the comments get VERY repetitive and become block on sight. From that point you're just talking to yourself.

>the way to solve things is to make people obsess even more about individual stats and not how they are working together

Why can't goldies ever be good at dps?

I play a mean zarya and I always end up raking in all the gold medals, despite the fact i'm a tank just doing tank stuff

Whenever we're losing and I say that the dps should make some changes because I shouldn't be out damaging them, they refuse to do better or change and we end up losing

If I could get good at aiming without going into quick play or fucking up in comp, I'd do it myself and carry myself out of gold

>Why can't goldies ever be good at dps?
They cant aim good

>play qp
>3 dps, 1 road 1 winston
>sigh and pick mercy
>we have no pushing power since they have all the annoying projectile shitters like junkrat and hanzo and zarya to protect them all the time, along with zen+mercy
>when match is over I ask them why do you not counterpick whatsoever, because I can't fathom how it is fun having all odds against you
>this question offended some retard enough to check my career profile, dig up some low stat I had and ask "how are you diamond with that [low stat]?"
So many playing this game are oversensitive DPS mains jerking off over numbers

>I'd do it myself and carry myself out of gold
Good luck, those people are instalocking DPS regardless. Even if you pick before them, they will pick third and be super stubborn about it.

Right here senpai. Went on a huge winning streak and it up to 3144 and then dropped all the way down to 2712 which is lower than where I placed. Haven't played comp since.

That just dawned on me

There isn't any escape out of gold, is there?

this happens now and then in diamond too. people are complete shitters

Gold shitter represent, I main Zen and Mercy in comp.

>Go on 6 game winning streak, getting 30-40 for every win
>Suddenly lose once
>Lose a hard 40 rating

I....I don't get it. What's with this system? I thought streaks determined your rating loss.

This shit right here. His Rein is amazing to watch when he actually tries

>m-m-m-m-much golds
Every time. You're just feeding healing ults to the enemy team and allowing them to steamroll yours. Any hero with a self heal ability also benefits from your autistic shitspamming.

pregger ho>slut ho

link some vids

>whole team goes in without me (I am at base because I died because nobody ever defends me even while I am healing/boosting them)
>they all die
>WTF MERCY NO ULT FUCKING IDIOT
>WOW RETARD MERCY
>LMAAAO MERCY YOU SUCK
>FUCKING HEALERS
>when the team select said "NO HEALERS" the remaining three people chose mcree, reaper, and widowmaker (on attack)
People never notice when the healer is helping and keeping every fucking moron alive at once, they only notice when the healer is gone.

>Overwatch is Dead on Arrival!
>Overwatch will be dead within a month!
>Overwatch will be dead a week after competitive launch!
>Overwatch will be dead by the end of the year!

Is there anything more pathetic than this?

Cute Dva!

>"I don't think the Mei on attack is working"
>"No watch it'll be great"
>at this point the payload had been stalled for 3 minutes and we wipe again
>"the Mei on attack is REALLY not working"
>"fine I'll switch after I ult"
>there's 35 seconds on the clock
>he misses ult and doesn't have enough time to switch

I don't even hate Mei on attack but we REALLY needed something else. For reference this was the hangar on Gibraltar. Wide open spaces with lots of room to fire down on people is the anti-Mei zone.

it reminds me of before bloodborne came out.
>FOUR weapons!
>FOUR hours!
>TWO areas!
>NO magic!
>SEVEN bosses!
>12 fps!

>Plat
>no friends to play with
>randoms never talk
>always trickle down
>will play wrong heroes(Off heroes on Def)

Should I just stick to Quickplay? at least I won't lose anything.

This happens to me every single game in quickplay. I'm not exaggerating.

The odds of a player being good enough to majority gold and bad enough to ruin the team by not playing like a team player are astronomically small. Even if the most-gold medal player is being selfish, he shouldn't succeed at several roles at once like that unless the team is shit.

You cant you little faggots, you all have to learn that sometimes you lose, deal with it.

Yeah but how would a kick vote work in comp?
you can't replace a player once the match has started.

I just don't understand how reins could think that's a good idea when standing in front of the cart and letting it push you, moving to the sides as needed, is instantly recognizable as a better strat.

>bronze shitters thinking hanzo or widowmaker is any good on defense

In the end I think that the only gold that really matters is the objective time,
the others are just a way to know how badly the match is going.
It doesn't really matter if you have gold,
what matters is having gold when you shouldn't,
it's the best way to lose the hope of a victory faster,
like a hog with gold healing when you have any other healer in your team.

You NEVER queue 5 or 6 deep. The game then limits you to going against only 5 or 6 deep teams. In my experience those other 5 and 6 teams are basically all full platinum shit wreckers who feed on salt and tears. So unless you have equally shit wrecking friends, don't even bother.

A dive comp is when my team mates disperse and then die one after one right?

Pretty much the same with overwatch. I did my qualifications and ended up in 2540 but I only lose like 8 points and gain 40.

I play hog on both defense and offense to good effect. Nothing like out healing my fucking teams Mercy or Lucio.

Also love it when you're playing a charcter in the role you're supposed to be playing and call out a teammate who REALLY needs to switch. Then they go "Well why don't YOU change to that character, HUH?". It's like fucker I may suck at Reinhardt but right now we're supposed to be defending and ALL OF YOU picked offense characters. So I'm the only one putting up a god damn defense so how about one of you cock smokers goes healer?

A dive comp is something that solo queue shitters attempt but you actually need proper coordination to pull off; that being said it is a hard counter to a deathball, and absolutely rapes when properly done.

Hog is really a tank that could be summed up with the phrase "Everyone is protected, if I kill everybody else"

People who want their teams to obey their entire command have serious mental issues. Why would several strangers EVER listen to some egotistical jackwad rudely commanding them?

If you dislike your team your routes to fix this are the following

1. Have a team of friends and only play with them
2. Hire workers to be your teammates
3. Play a singleplayer game or a multiplayer game that is 1v1

If you don't want to win don't play comp.

>team including Reinhardt gets caught in Zarya ult
>Rein charges out of it

You could also not be an autist and just ask.

Perfectly acceptable if the Zarya ult is followed up by Hanzo, Roadhog or Pharah's ult. Everyone is going to die anyway so Rein may as well try to get out and stall for as long as he can.

>tfw 3500+
>tfw everyone on team uses mics
>tfw everyone understands counters and the advantage of high ground
Each game is fun even if you lose because it's usually a close game and everyone plays their best.