What do you think of this series?

What do you think of this series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6zRjTxGANvA
youtube.com/watch?v=1o1majjN1N4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

everything after re4 is like dripping homeless people's shit into my eyes and ears but REmake is probably my favourite game in the world. re2 is also fantastic. can't wait to see new capcom fuck the re2 remake in the nose by not having static camera angles so the cod kids will buy it.

S'okay.

Gameplay is eh, "it's shit on purpose" tier, but the level design is tight.

Mediocre. I love the RE series but let's be honest, the series were never good.

I want to rest my head on Gloria's perfect whopper's.

For me it was the "B-movie" of vidyas, desu

It basically is, since RE used to be inspired by horror B-movies.

Only the first two games were good.

Prove me wrong.

I like the old ones, not so much the new ones.

From what I've played I'd rate them like this

REmake > Outbreak (1 & 2) > RE3 > RE1 > RE0 > RE2 > Umbrella Chronicles > RE4 > DLC campaign for RE5 > Code Veronica > Main campaign for RE5 > Dead Aim.

Lets be honest, your taste was never good.

>Dead Aim
i love Dead Aim

I played it without a Light Gun though, so it negatively impacted my opinion of it.

>Outbreak better than RE2, 3, 4 or Code Veronica
>Zero better than RE2 or Code Veronica
>accusing someone else of shit taste

Darkside Chronicles is pretty rad, Dead Aim I'm not so hot on.

I hate the tiny inventory management to the point where I pretty much can't play the old games, or at least won't
Love RE 4, 5 was ok, haven't played anything after that

being honest is telling you to kys for having such shit taste, user

RE4 killed it

>Umbrella Chronicles over RE4
>0 and RE1 this fucking high while CV is way too low
You have pretty shit taste too, user.

>a masterpiece of a game killed the series

this logic will never not be anything less than utterly degenerate

also the decline of the series wasn't because of RE4, but shit games such as RE0 and Code Veronica, which were pushing the storyline towards a massively retarded animu direction - pic very much related

You're a fucking dumbass with shit taste and probably the type of scum that prefer cover shooters over horror games. Shut the fuck up and go back to red dit.

I like good games user, not shit ones, and I don't defend bad games just because they're part of a genre that I love

REmake=RE4>RE1>RE2

The only other thing in the series worth talking about is RE5 in coop, but even then barely since it's RE4 but worse in every way aside from having quick switching

REmake=RE4>RE1>RE2

The only other thing in the series worth talking about is RE5 in coop, but even then barely since it's RE4 but worse in every way aside from having quick switching

I enjoy RE4 a lot and think it's a brilliant game, but I still agree that RE4 itself was the turning point and beginning of the decline of the series that saw it do a complete 180, from a horror series with action elements to action game with horror elements.

>thinking Code Veronica and Zero are bad games because the story was retarded

The story's always been retarded in Resi, and you can't honestly argue with a straight face that Resi 4 was any better

He is correct in a way. While 5 and 6 are basically reskins of 4 with gameplay modifications. CV and 0 really dropped the ball hard on everything related to RE except for gameplay and Tyrants. Thank God 0 can be considered a spinoff because it makes the plot of RE1 shittier if you actually connect the dots.

I'd put RE2 before 1 but otherwise great taste. Outbreak games are fantastic and have the deepest gameplay of the fixed-camera games.

RE1's story is good actually, in a b-movie way.

>knocking points off CV and Zero because of 'animu direction' even though RE4 has Leon backflipping through laser corridors, grappling out of spike pits, running away from giant manlet statues, harpooning giant fish in a lake and having a heroic dog come to his aid while a 15ft tall monster casually tosses tree trunks at him

>1-4
All good games when released, but didn't age well

>5
Hot pile of shit, and also that punching boulders QTE

>6
Deep mechanics that weren't explained at all, but also a very linear pile of shit.

>Revelations
A Decent handhald affair

Outbreak V 1+2
>Best of the Series

Dead Aim
>Can't believe I paid for that hot garbage

Veronica
>Shit

you can blame the direction of capcom without mikami's influence on that one

also mikami seems to be a guy can't do the same shit over and over again, otherwise he'll get bored and stop giving a fuck (see cv and re0)

he does really well on concepts that inspire him (early RE, RE4, vanquish, god hand and probably more)

the series would fall either way and it was happening way before your perceived notion of a 'turning point'

Deserves a place in hell for making Capcom think they can write

>all these people sucking Outbreak's cock

I replayed the first scenario of the first game last week after not having played it in like 10 years and I honestly don't know why people think it's deeper or better than the traditional RE games.

The voice acting and dialogue was awful (even by RE standards) and the gameplay mostly consisted of running into a few different rooms collecting ammo/healing items which were abundant in supply and the one item that you clearly only needed to progress further through the stage while zombies endlessly respawned behind us and walked through doors after us.

Being so used to RE's traditional 2D control scheme made it a bit frustrating to control at points too once the camera angle shifted.

Does it get better?

Does anyone care about RE's voice acting? It's always been fucking terrible, it's pretty much part of the charm. I don't remember Outbreaks VA being that bad anyways, not like it's story is important anyways it's got barely any cutscenes.

>zombies endlessly behind us

Yeah that's the first level. I really liked that gimmick actually it gave a real hurried rush to it and felt like the city was going to shit as you got higher in the building up onto the roofs. God just talking about it makes me want to go and replay it. Fuck I hope that Outbreak HD rumour turns out to be true.

But not not every level is like this. Each level has their own gimmick, some have a stalker character like Nemesis for example. And some levels are just classic RE style progression, it's pretty varied.

I wouldn't say "it gets better" because I think the opening is great, but it definitely changes with each level so you might like some other ones better.

I like them so much because they're by far the most challenging RE games when played on the highest difficulty (ignoring the use of one overpowered character). A single zombie can end your run, enemies are extremely aggressive in pursuing your team, supplies are very limited, and you end up hoarding most ammunition for boss confrontations.

The first scenario is more of a tutorial stage if anything. The other levels have a more labyrinthine structure with different starting points depending on the character you choose. It may just not click with you, but I'd recommend at least trying the next scenario or two.

>RE5
>not top tier

youtube.com/watch?v=6zRjTxGANvA

Zombies follow you on every scenario. It just compounds the insanity on levels like the hospital where you also have a scenario-specific monster stalking you.

>different starting points depending on the character you choose.

Shit really, I never knew this, I always played with Yoko since she had extra inventory. How many different starting points where their?

Also who is the OP character again? I haven't played Outbreak in years. Also I remember the stress of the virus guage being a major factor in trying to avoid confrontations and go fast too.

God that game was literally some of the best gaming experiences of my life.

I know they follow you, but in the first level they are pouring into the building after you and you gotta keep going higher right. It's more linear. I don't recall that in the later levels as you could go back to the starting point and it was more traditional labyrinth level design.

all i see is loss

5 is unironically my favorite. The crazy laser beam temple was my favorite area

Great.

Resident Evil is one of the weirdest franchises in gaming, you never know quite how it will turn out. Really hopeful for 7, I doubt it will blow me away like RE4 did but it's time for something new.

Kek

>The crazy laser beam temple was my favorite area

Kek, that's probably the worst area in the entire series.

I think I might have been mixing the locations thing up because the only one like that I can think of now is Below Freezing Point. Depending on the character you choose, you'll end up on a different floor when you enter the first ventilation shaft which completely changes the strategy for the scenario.

The OP character is Jim. His dodge move is ridiculously cheap as long as you're careful with the virus gauge. The final scenario on VH difficulty is fucking absurd unless you play with him.

Not even close my friend

You can pick any level in 6 as the worst area in the series.

Ranges from great to bad (I'm talking here about you Gun Survivor and that currently new one called Umbrella Corps).

The more negative stuff is because of the less horror elements and more action (not to mention that the characters are now badasses that survived so much they know how to fuck over the most mutated monstrosities).

Hoping that with the new RE and a new MC the game will have the appropriate mix of horror, survival and action.

Though I'd love a RE where the enemies are exclusively G mutants.

G needs more love.

>the "all your gear has been taken away" level

I love the series but now I can only look forward to REmakes and Revelations 3. I hated the level design in 6 and I don't know how to feel about Resident Evil Isolation.

>Not liking wrecking shit with the melee system
Managed to make me feel like a retard playing as Sherry where you watch the gut input the buttons, watched his hand and not the screen. T

The two had no correlation.

Been shit for the last 10 years

its been surviving on hopeless cunts like me thinking it will be a "return to its roots" and fucking betas buying deluxe editions of 14 year old games because they have skimmpy outfits for women

i wonder if remake 2 will be butchered

the thing that ruined RE5 for me was not using the zombies from the original trailer youtube.com/watch?v=1o1majjN1N4 and giving them weapons instead, it's lees scary when you fight stupid people instead of bows

I like the first three games. The B movie feeling is amazing. I replayed them in order two years ago and I still had a lot of fun. I don't know why but I really love their clunky gameplay. I also played Zero (which is ok) and REmake (amazing, maybe the best one).

I haven't play Code Veronica yet, but I recently bought a cheap copy of the PS2 version. Plan on playing it soon, but I don't know what to expect. It's love or hate, most of times.

I also played RE 4 on Gamecube about 10 years ago and I liked back in the day. When I played The Last of Us I couldn't stop thinking "this shit is very similar to RE 4. Why people praise its gameplay so much thinking its something new?". Haven't played anything else after RE 4 but I have a 3DS copy of Revelations.

it's