Just picked this game up few days ago and o boy...

Just picked this game up few days ago and o boy... this game is cruel I cant seem to progress far becauseof either bad luck or everyone just stresses out on me.... any tips for a noob?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZPvpWdtao7Dgnsy8wJvNqiSB7rvRFqxe
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There are a shitton of mechanics to learn like utilizing the curious, having the right team composition and shit. I really wouldn't be too shy about hitting up the wiki a lot. In general there is no complaining about bad luck, your goal should be to plan ahead and stay so safe that even bad RNG isn't going to fuck you over completely. Never press your luck in a game like this.

For me personally I got back into the game because a buddy of mine started a Let's Play series on it and he's usually fairly knowledgeable about the games he plays, so I learned quite a bit and started dissecting the mechanics more for myself from there on. I dunno maybe it helps you too.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZPvpWdtao7Dgnsy8wJvNqiSB7rvRFqxe
no it's not me shilling my own channel

Ty for the tip yea i think the biggest issue for me is getting that stress under control and getting good team comp when I look other what other people do these 'early game run' they equip all these items to there heroes that I can't possibly replicate but ill give your guy a shot hope I can learn a thing or two.

dont go cheap on food/torches/shovels
learn team composition
git gud
and dont forget: fresh recruits are always free

Trust me I do want to git gud. I really love the tone and setting of this game. It's really refreshing.

Try to get a decent squad going, but don't worry about people dying too much. The core of the game is the hamlet. As you upgrade your hamlet, it'll make your guys more powerful and you'll be able to progress that much easier.

This advice completely changed the game for me.

What do I need to start doing Veteran level dungeons safely? Currently I'm just doing babby Apprentice runs and saving up gold.

And what should I spend my gold on first?

O God not thinking vet yet XD im still getting my ass kicked by pig monsters.

Its been a while seen I've played the game, but if I remember correctly I saved my money for good trinkets and weapon/skill upgrades.

As for veteran runs you'll want to make sure your team has the max amount of upgrades for skills and weapons and also good trinkets. This will allow to to use most team compositions and strategies besides maybe the boss fights.

Once you get to the level 5/6 dungeons you will need a solid strategy for each mission. It is essential to know how your team composition is going to work. Having a vestal and 3 damage dealers is not going to work. You really need to develop a team that has great synergy with their skills. If you fail to do this you might get lucky, but the RNG can easily destroy you.

This is where most people get really frustrated with the game and stop playing it.

Side tip: If your party is at a low health and your only facing one easy opponent; delay killing them and try and get as many turns healing your party before you finish the fight.

Just keep your dudes strong on skills and gear, and that's most of it already. If you have lots of excess gold, remove bad habits or make permanent good quirks. You always can use quirks like fated, or anything that boosts dodge or speed.

I do the side tip but often enough the support just looses there shit after awhile

Try to stun the opponent or somehow prevent them from hitting your party.

allright ima reroll this save cause I've made way too many mistakes but this time I'll be more prepared!

Upgrade the coach a bit first, dump overly stressed folk low levels and replace them as the cost isn't worth it at that point, use the resources on other upgrades instead.

Due to the limited inventory space a 0 light run with a couple of expendables can be just as profitable as higher level stuff and can be done quickly.

Focus fire high stress enemies while stunning/moving high damage enemies out of position

Stress is the real killer in this game 90% of the time not damage

Yea I really want to roll 2 abominations in my group cause I love those guys they hit like trucks!!!! Too bad they stress everyone else out and not 'religious' peps would run with em I was doing fairly well with 2 abomination 1 jester 1 ocultists but eventually the stress got to em...

I love the game but it becomes a repetitive grind after a while

I also bought the game recently.To me the learning process was
>"ok,let's treat this like X-COM and just make a few failed playthrough to get a grip of the game"
>"oh wow,there is no game over state,good I don't to start from the beginning then"
>"wait,the characters are free?Why the fuck am I wasting time and resources on these trauma filled fags?"
>make many suicide squads and send them to quest with 0 food and torches to gather free gold and resources
>upgrade everything in town
>pick the 4 best characters and only use trinkets and release their stresses,the others I set free if they reach 100 stress
>got gud

>suicide squads
Why has that thought never whent threw my head holy shit!

Crits are your friends, they are a huge help to reduce stress

You can cheese your start with that, but you're not going to cheese lvl 3 and lvl 5 dungeons like that. You will need to actually git gud.

Wow interesting

>make a level 5 team, with the best gear and 0 stress
never use it

how m uch is this game? it never fucking goes on a sale

its 28$ and very worth it

>Buy alot of torches
>Learn which setups work best together and learn which heroes are best for specific dungeons
>Sometimes its better to retreat than go yoloexde, you can afterwards recruit fresh bunch of plebs for money gathering anyways
>Dont forget to upgrade skills and gear
People always seem to shit on this game for it having bad case of "Xcom rng", but its pretty much all about minimizing your losses.
Do i..
>Go le yolo and buy 1 torch and try to fight the boss when all my guys have 3 hp left XDD
or
>Prepare properly and retreat if things go to shit

>using torches
>ever
>not going dark run all the time and critting like a motherfucker
you're not doing it right

tell me I should go dark in the cove to my face nigger

both options are wrong
>kill the mob in the room with a lit torch
>before opening the chest,put the torch out
ez loot

do it faggot

>make a level 5 team with the best possible gear
>run a section of the Darkest Dungeon
>they retire

>wasting inventory space on torches
>not carrying every piece of loot with you because you didn't bring shit you didn't need

The ammount of torch used should be decided based on your party build.Some plays better when there is light and some on the dark.
Heck,I've tried a death's door build once that kinda worked.

>tips for noob, not RIP AND TEAR guide
you plep

Fun game
Stress is more dangerous than damage
New zero levels are free
Upgrade the coach

nigga 2 aboms is a great build, I used to kick ass with that exact team comp, just dont turn both of them at the same time, save for emergencies.

Once I wiped my full veteran team and realized that I only had low level people left I uninstalled the game. The grind is the worst part in the game. But damn does this game have an atmosphere

>Mfw going thru long dungeon with manlet at arms, vestal and 2x goldjews

>come across locked cabinet
>have a key
>curious nigger opens it

EVERY FUCKING TIME I WAS GOING TO OPEN IT YOU IMPATIENT CUNT

>640x360

>Only one character had the stone torch equipped

T-that's fine, I didn't like this team anyway