DARK SOULS III ASHES OF ARIANDEL NEW GAMEPLAY TRAILER

It was posted by mistake on twitter and then deleted, Namco just released a non private version, go crazy fags

youtube.com/watch?v=1yH5tOcRY9s
>That music in the first boss fight
OH BEIBY MY BALLS FEEL SO TIGHT

Other urls found in this thread:

polygon.com/2016/9/21/12999624/dark-souls-3-ashes-of-ariandel-dlc-preview-hands-on-everything-we-know
youtube.com/watch?v=EvQlzOxRBGs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Will this one get deleted soon too? Downloading just in case.

not likely, this one is the good one

I think I've grown tired of Dark Souls and it's slow-ass gameplay. I can't really bother buying the DLC.
>the boss
Oh look, it's the unholy combination of the fucking rat-dog from 2 and Sif. Wow.

>Took all those hits from the big guy
Fucking scrub

dark souls gameplay is starting to bore me. They need something more complex. It's time for them to implement cuhrayzee.

no bloodborne isn't cuhrayzee and neither is NIoh

try out faster better souls

fuck off shill

Oh, it's you again. Come to waste another 10 minutes dumping your webms?

>implying im the only one

Why do Niohfags feel the need to shill their game so fucking hard?

I am on the opposite side of complaints but at the same level of fatigue. I like souls the best when it was slow and calculating and i wanted them to push that aspect, instead DaS3 just felt like BB-lite from mechanics to designs and it has killed my interest in it.

If i wanted fast action stuff i will play DMC or BB, not souls, unfortunately i am a minority.

because it's the successor bloodborne deserved

You seem to be yeah.

Because it's garbage and they need to advertise it so it doesn't fail too much and what better place to do so than the most contrarian hipster shithole on the entire internet.

You literally just posted that dodging webm in another DaS3 trailer thread so yes, you probably are

>its another le epic snow level
how lazy is From?

because it won't be any fun for them if MLGsouls is DOA

the only one right now, i didn't make the shilling webms, there are many i don't have

>NotSif
>NotPriscilla
>NotClericalBeastWithLordvessel
Yeah fuck off From

>auto kill animations when hp is low enough, no satifaction of going for genuin style

Game is trash m8, its not even that fast either

I'm not going to buy a console to buy a game whose formula I'm completely tired of.

I'd like something with more skill and reflexes required than DS. It's just dodge dodge dodge dodge slash dodge dodge dodge slash, repeat until the big, slow thing is dead. The games can't even get my hype up, even though I'm fighting some unholy abomination ten times my size.
Hell, I'd love it if they went the other way and made the game extremely reliant on careful movement, tactics, proper equipment and so forth, but pretty much all of it's just rushing around, killing everything with minimal effort.

Same actually, i also really liked tank builds with fuckhuge swords, and ds3 killed that for me hard. Its a really no fun allowd game

looks like shit aka more dark souls 3

>auto kill
user... you don't get opinions on shit you don't know anything about

Nioh fans are truly taking up the mantle of being the most annoying self-insertive fanbase on Cred Forums from Bloodborne

good thing it doesn't use the souls formula

looks like original demon's souls but improved, based Nioh will save us from B team and their DaS 2 and DaS 3 bullshit

Could anyone make out what the new waifu said in the cutscene?

Bunch of fags in here

>similar looking gameplay
>soul counter
>gestures

im not a fag

no u

Call it whatever the fuck you want. The walk around corridors, killing shitty lone mobs that offer no challenge, combat consists of a few attack types and dodging formula. It's dull as fuck.

I already played assassin's creed though.

everything is pretty clear except for that "flame" part
"fret not father"
"we have no need for thine flare/flame?"
"tis only the flame quivering at misguided ash"
"please avert thine eyes"

i think most people on Cred Forums have. i barely see any DS thread anymore

oh and don't forget
>totally not bonfires

Read the title as "Ashes of Andariel"

dork souls X diablo crossover when?

>similar looking gameplay
try playing it like dark souls and see what happens
>soul counter
mhm
>gestures
gestures in nioh can be used in gameplay, nioh takes some systems from dark souls and vastly improves them
>few attack types
good to hear you haven't played nioh
>lone mobs
right... again, good to hear you haven't played nioh

>Snow again
Why? Snow levels sucked in DS3

Every single webm you've posted supports what's being said.
This is a Dark Souls thread.
Take your shitty overposted webms and go make a Nioh thread, you faggot.

on second thought I think she might be saying "we have no need for thine flail"
that guy in the chair is whiping himself in the back, from this dialogue we can infer that the big guy starts up chained and unmoving and comes alive to attack after you kill its...daughter?

>more skill and reflexes required than DS
Did you play BB, enemies are faster in general compared to souls.

>Hell, I'd love it if they went the other way and made the game extremely reliant on careful movement, tactics, proper equipment and so forth, but pretty much all of it's just rushing around, killing everything with minimal effort.
Yes! That's exactly what i want. The souls game have with each entry gone farther from RPG to go for action and while i enjoy the reflex part of that it's not all i liked about it. It was a good action RPG but now its just decent action.

Yep, DaS2 might have been garbage in a lot of aspects but at least it expanded the amount of builds and forms to play the game, while with 3 we have taken the variety backwards instead.

my webms support what i'm saying
it is an improvement on some systems from dark souls and it brings its own interesting combat to the table
>go make an nioh thread
no

I see you playing it exactly like souls actually,

>it's an improvement
It's the same fucking formula with more shit added on top of it, as if it changed anything at its core. Kill yourself you asperger fuck.

>Snow levels sucked in DS3

There weren't any snow levels

Yes, it does. It borrows from Demon/Dark Souls heavily. Not that it's bad, but you can't deny the striking similarities.

>not bonfires
just call a spade a spade, everyone realized when lords of the fallen was a knockoff

>an nioh thread
>niohshills are literally incapable of third grade grammar

Stop making us Niohfags look bad, Jesus Christ dude. You're being a cunt for no reason.

>person playing the game in the gameplay trailer sucks ass
No surprises here.
I'm glad it looks good. I'll definitely play it since I preordered the deluxe edition.

if nioh isn't a dark souls clone why are you posting it in every dark souls thread?

>hud disabled to now show his godmode health
>actually takes a sip
like come on you're not fooling anyone dude

It's always the same webms, the same filenames. Is your life that sad that you feel the need of shitting these webms in every thread possible?

>haven't followed up on Dark Souls III ever since beating it on release
>DLC looks great
>my face when this thread
Nioh threads are doing okay on their own except for that one autist who complains about the lack of weapon degradation. Why do you need to come here?

no fucking way, thats amazing.

might need to finally buy a PS4 for this

Anor Londo and Irythl

i tried to play nioh like dark souls the first time i played it
i died repeatedly making no progress
plenty has changed at its core
i mentioned what you just choose to ignore it
i never denied it borrowed from souls, it just uses its own formula
no
no

fresh outta webms, have a nice day

You're not fooling anyone.

How come Bloodborne just looks like it had 500% more effort put into it? And DS3 just looks like shit in comparison. Lame boss battles, lame generic areas, lame art style, etc.

What went wrong?

because ds3 is made of re used assets from bloodborne
bloodborne was developed over longer
and miyazaki WANTED to make bloodborne

no fucking way, thats amazing.

might need to finally dig up assassin's creed and give it another play

>game shamelessly rips off dark souls formula
>nioh shills eat it up
Not saying i wont get nioh, but how can you shill to an obvious ripoff like that

>miyazaki san, what should the theme of this level be?
>just stick some more bloodborne tombstones in it
>b-but miyazaki san, we already used those for the last three-
>TOMBSTONES

This DLC looks pretty lack luster.

I hate how enemies respond to being attacked. It's like a full on flop when they doing poise through it, and when it happens on the first swing, it looks stupid and over exaggerated.

I really wish they could've went with less particle effects, and more frame rate.

>more frame rate
what

sure you're not talking about BB here?

Boy you really are bad at this

Why are Souls players so butthurt at Niohposting?

I don't play either game so kind of in the dark here.

then why are you shitposting in a dark souls thread? fuck off drakeposter

Because both are fine games and one faggot trying to create an us vs them mentality on Cred Forums with the two games is retarded?

Off-topic shitposting by an illiterate retard. Oh boy, who wouldn't want that?

most are just clinging on to dark souls too hard
some don't like that im spamming nioh webms in dark souls threads

How would you die treating it like dark souls anyway? Darksouls is reliant on defensive play untill you learn enemy attacks, and then its simply using youre build to punish them. Dark souls is all about safety in pve. How could that possibly get you killed in a game like this?

>tfw that response was genuine

overly defensive = die

I'm on console. I prefer Dark Souls 2 because 60 FPS.

Same reason we hate ponys, autists wont shut the hell up about it and shove it in youre face, even after they are told by everyone to fuck off

Are you for real? There's nothing actually impressive in that webm, sure the game looks fun in the others but saying you'd get another console just because of a parry is a serious overstatement.

i'm not trying to create and us vs them mentality user, I love dark souls and bloodborne
but I also love shilling nioh

>I'm on console.
found your problem

the game looks really fun that was just the final straw, love unarmed shit

How? Defensive means evading/blocking blows and punishing opponents when possible? Are you saying that this is just dmc but vastly slower? How would learning enemy patterns and taking advantage of them get you killed?

But I like it

So shitposting, litterally shitposting is youre stratagy to make people want youre game.

I see. Well let's hope they have more fist weapons than DaS III then, claws got old fast.

>it doesn't use the souls formula

He's standing right beside a bonfire

>tired of DS3, but want a soulslike
>already beaten LotF several times
>Nioh is only for PS4

Well, shit.

Bone Fist's were my absolute favourite, can't believe they got rid of powerstancing and didn't put them in

Isn't the Lords of the Fallen team making a sci-fi souls? You could wait for that.

the way you learn enemy patterns is different
enemies are way less predictable than dark souls
but it's mostly the boss fights that screw you over for trying to play it like dark souls
it plays like dark souls with a bit of ninja gaiden
it's not my game
they said there would be around 20 weapon types
no thats niohs take on a bloodstain
you can summon an npc programmed to play like the dead player and fight him for a chance at one of his items

>2v1 boss

How about no.

Holy shit, that window is huge. Can't believe people are unironically posting parry webms of that garbage.

Duh, it was bound to happen with sequels being pushed out often.

I'm not tired of Souls though, It's the exact kind of combat and storytelling I love. The Dark Souls sequels got nothing on BB and DeS in my opinion,however.

I feel like they do better without just making reiterations. Even Dark Souls 1 is technically just a repackaged Demon's Souls.

is the beta still available to play?

Same reason people got butthurt about Bloodborne. It's only on PS4.

Here we go.

shoulda tried it for yourself
it's a pretty small window, it takes practice to make a reliable defense out of parrying
no but they'll probably have another beta demo or two
they're changing and adding a lot

It's this or more giant dudes in armor bosses.

No it isn't, you idiot. The dude was a split second from being hit.

PS4 exclusive. Same with Bloodborne.

Bloodborne is my favourite From title, and Nioh I'm super hyped about, despite being a massive mustardrice. Good thing I'm not your average goldface poster.

>snow area

GOD DAMN WHERE IS MY DESERT SETTING ALREADY FROM, I NEED SOMETHING TO MATCH MY FASHION AND SNOW IS BORING AS SHIT

I hope there's a creepy bug boss but its probably just the three we've seen.

Dark souls Washington shit from the start
Demon souls is just forced difficulty

I thought the dlc was going to be about the angels or Londor. I'm tired of Dark Souls 1 homages.

Souls game with devil may cry like gameplay? Would this be good?

wait what?
you're actually hyped for this shit?

It looks boring as fuck

Bus a ps4? Duh

wouldn't work
action game =/= action rpg

Because most Nioh posters are trying to sway people away from Souls games by being obnoxious, when in reality you can just play both games and not give a shit.

Oh boy its Maria and Priscilla's lesbian daughter

>New DS3 dlc thread

>OH BOY WHAT A PERFECT CHANCE TO POST SOME DANK SAMURAI SOULS WEBMS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EVERYONE WILL LOVE IT ITS SO MUCH BETTER THAN DANK SOULS CUZ ITS NEW AND LESS POPULAR :^)))))))) WHY WOULD I EVER NEED TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO POST THIS GAME THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE THREAD!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ;^)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I have the feeling that its just 1 or 2 nioh shills that go around Cred Forums and /vg/ souls threads posting Nioh webms to mess with people.

Also im really hyped for this new dlc, i love snowy areas.

mad af

this thread went to shit fast
fucking weebsouls fags

Why does every souls thread revolve around Nioh now?

Theres more pro/anti Nioh posts than the actual fucking dlc.

Theres better discussions in reddit circlejerks.

Derailing in Cred Forums threads are the worst (except the tile one).

youre fucking up by ranting like this, it what those niohfags want.

everyone in /vg/ already ignores this

Dark souls is getting stale. Dark souls 3 is the worst souls game to date, and nioh is actually a fresh take on the formula, so dark souls 1 babbies are really fucking scared that it might be more "hardcore". I cant wait till nioh fags start tellinf das babbs to get gud. They will literally kill themselves

>how you can spot a vidya illiterate.

Oh fuck off, Dark Souls 2 prior to DLC was far worse. SM literally crippled builds prior to the agape ring.

That's really not the actual reason. What you just said is what you wish it was. Truth is people don't give a shit but niohfags are outright trying hard to annoy everyone, not only DaSfags.

I thought this game came out like in March.

>only two bosses
>you have to play through a portion of the game again if you've already beaten it to acquire access
>takes place in Ariamis

And they charge $15 for this. Old Hunters had five bosses and different areas and was just as expensive.

just get nioh bro

Alpha demo was shit tho desu.

Will check out if there's another one in store for us.

Oh boy I hope there are lots of cinematic take downs and quick time events

kys/

>made the game extremely reliant on careful movement, tactics, proper equipment and so forth
Is there any action rpg that mesh acshun with rpg well? Most of the time it's autism number crunching or MUH SKILLZ and the rpg elements are used to limit your options, not expanding it.

No sm did literally nothing as proven by the agape ring. It was still the exaxt same build dominating at every sl. You just didnt want to let go of your precious, awful dark souls meta

>Dark souls 3 is the worst souls game to date.

No.

thanks for helping me shill

Are Niho fags the new BBfaggots that shit up DS threads?

I keep forgetting that dark souls 3 had shields. Like after bloodborne I got used to dodging and never used one in 3 as a challenge run on the first play through , then I did PvP in 3 for a while and no one used shields there.

its just one dude. just ignore him

>can't even tell it's clearly just 1 shitposter

I ain't playing 3 until a GOTY edition but is the combat still as fast as BB?

they fixed a lot from the alpha demo
no more throwing away your weapon every few kills and a working quickslot
try playing the game, or looking into it
it isn't like dark souls with cinematic takedowns

it's like bloodborne paced movement with dark souls paced weapons
it doesn't mix well or work

No. its not as fast as BB but without a doubt faster than any of the other souls games.

you can turn it off in nioh

>magic user getting fucked near the end

Good

>DLC
>3(2) bosses shown
Wait, did they show the """"entire"""" dlc? Or is this dlc really fucking big?

This picture is inaccurate

why are you spamming these in DaS threads, is it supposed to make people envious?

thanks, i hope someone makes a "prettier" version of that though
ignore him

>mobs of enemiy knights
I guess I know who is designing this DLC
and it for sure isn't Miyazaki.

fuckkk i wanna play bloodborne so much

wow it's like I really am playing a Sonic game

Nigger,what?

Snow is comfy as fuck,deserts are boring as fuck

what's those little skeleton things?

kinda feels like it's a bit too detailed here, with all the shit in the scenario it's hard to even tell where the enemy is

One of the best parts of BB was the fact that you didn't look like a glowing popsicle. All players looked like they belonged in the world. In DS3 you are forced to waste a ring slot, and you don't even have a shadow making it look like you are floating across the screen. The phantom form doesn't even have a phantom aura like Demon's Souls.

lady at the end has cute feet

>Worst souls game
That spot belongs to ds1

this
it being half finished hurts it more than people like to realize

>Dark souls 3 is the worst souls game to date
it's actually the best vanilla Souls game to date in terms of quality.
We'll see how it fares in the grand scheme of things once all the DLC is out.

>nioh isn't stealing the dark souls formula
>but it's going to be a much better souls game than any dark souls

You faggots I swear. Also,

>so dark souls 1 babbies are really fucking scared that it might be more "hardcore"

Are you twelve

the girl at the end of the trailer with the scythe has the same voice actress as Priscilla, only she isn't forcing the child voice

Man Dark Souls usually has super cool trailers. This is just some guy playing badly on godmode without anything interesting happening.

I'm still pretty excited for it though, Prismaria looks cool.

Yeah that's true

dead armored soldiers . bloodborne is probably the most detailed souls game

>ratdog again
>Priscilla again

I guess they really did run out of ideas after the first game.

>it's actually the best vanilla Souls game to date in terms of quality.

No it isn't. Lothric, Undead Settlement, and Cathedral of the Deep are the only exceptional areas in the game. Then we have mediocre areas like Farron Keep (open but shit) and Irithyll (completely linear). Finally the small shitty and/or rehashed areas like Catacombs, Anor Londo, Demon Ruins.

They have exhausted things to cop... I mean take inspiration from Berserk.

Messengers

unfortunately , undead settlement is ripped straight from bloodborne's hemwick charnal lane

And all those areas are better than their previous iterations, with the exception of Smouldering Lake.

Because they know it gets you faggots sweaty
Jesus Christ you fags are insufferable

What weapon is that?

he's using the chikage and simons bowblade

There's always those top level mlg pro fight club players that holds up a shield circle strafing for 20 mins.
>implying standing still for hours waiting to punish a mistake is fun
If you hit them they win.

So scythe lady and cauldron dude are phase 1 and 2 of a fight?

I thought it was the rakuyo. Curse me for not telling weeb weapons apart. Dey arr rook same.

So i borrowed a PS4 off a mate while he went away and it had vanilla BB and the dlc brought on it. I had one playthrough and did all the bosses including dlc and i was wondering, if i copy the save file and then buy a PS4 soon and get the GOTY edition of BB retail box will the save work or do i have to get vanilla BB?

I can't remember what my build even was for DS3.

I can't wait to go start the game up again and realize I want to make a new character.

Why does your post imply that I should get excited for this?

>Berserk (Japanese: ベルセルク Hepburn: Beruseruku?) is a 2016 anime television series
Demon's Souls (デモンズソウル Demonzu Souru?) is an action role-playing video game developed by FromSoftware, under supervision by SCE Japan Studio, for the PlayStation 3. It was published in Japan by Sony Computer Entertainment on February 5, 2009

>2016
>2009

Okay.

Your character can probably hold a longsword so its all good.

What's with all the bloodborne shills in the comments?

That BB map is padded as fuck. No one considers the queen's changers a separate place from cainhurst or the BSB boss arena separate from old yharnam

2/10 bait

High-level rusemandry here.

It's actually literally just one guy. Just ignore him and talk about Souls if it's a Souls thread.

Jesus fucking christ do they have to jam in a sif knockoff boss into every one of their games?

Get fucked fromsoft.

Bruh ill fuck you up

>another giant dog boss

woah what is this

>two bosses
>Priscilla in monk clothes
>fucking Sif
>no additional ending, just pvp fluff as if anyone gives a god damn about that

It's time to go back to Yharnam, hell, it's time to go back to Drangleic

So in the end it seems The Old Hunters will truly be the King of Kings.

someone hacked dark souls to play as chester

It's interesting just how much of an effect a different camera angle can have on how intense a fight feels.

>>no additional ending, just pvp fluff
What do you mean by pvp fluff?

You and I both know no one cares about PVP except those autists on /vg/

it's a chalice dungeon, rather bland
the little skeleton things are called messengers, they show up on bloodstains and messages, they cry at bloodstains

>tfw you will never be happy and carefree like that dog.

quality baiting user; everyone is really rustled.

This. We're talking about the DaS3 DLC and some guy is posting Webms of a completely separate game made by a different company.

I don't know why in DS1 the world felt more coherent and the narrative was still interesting. Now I feel they're just slapping random shit together and hoping nobody notices.

NiOh is coming to PC as well.

Eh to be fair souls fags are waaaaaay to easy to bait. Thanks though

I hope that AoA has a ring that replaces rolls with BB sidesteps, even if it's purely cosmetic.

The dagger art is a fucking shit substitute.

I personally think the RPG aspects of Dark Souls are Lackluster, I mean for some bosses you have to put like 40 points in VIT just to survive an extra hit. And in all souls games upgrading a weapon is much more important than leveling str/skl/dex. That's why I think lvl 1 runs are easy in souls because you barely change between lvl 1 and 100 compared to other RPGs.

fuck off you're in every thread shilling your shit

No, it's not inaccurate you just don't get it. It shows linearity in terms of what needs to get done to get from beginning to end.

fuck your no substance flashy bullshit mindset nigger

I couldve sworn it was a ps4 exclusive. well, thats what i see in a lot of threads at least. I expressed my disdain towards the fan base despite liking what i see in the often shilled webems. Nioh looks awesome, its a shame that the more rabid fans are so loud. Though i am close to believing its just one bored faggot biding his time to shit up the next souls related thread.

In topic, the new DaS DLC looks awesome, i am highly partial to snow levels.

It's not actually coming to PC for the time being, but it's also just one guy posting the webms. No one that frequents Nioh threads wants him to do it.

They only announced the PC version like 3-4 days ago at TGS.

not him but since it's the lotf team I would rather spent a night at a glory hole serving dicks that spending another minute in their games

Salt and Sanctuary

>spoilers
that shit doesn't even have story, come on

>Dark Souls 3
>shortest game in the series
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>On-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>no dynamic lighting system when even basic indie games have them
>rehashed areas
>rehashed NPCs
>rehashed animations
>invasions sucks
>Heavy armor sucks
>armor sets don't even fit properly
>brown and grey
>shit AI
>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>existence of Carthus Rouge
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>no tech
>No animation canceling
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>pyromancy is the quality of casters
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB

>the DLC actually won't save it

Not even laughing anymore

>Beat orntien rehash number 2
>A bonifre is literally 5 seconds away from his bonfire

I turned off the game there, what a joke

Wow, that dog is fast.

Its a pretty eccentric idea to think that one guy could be so dedicated to falseflagging, but i pretty much believe it. A PC release would be excellent, id definitely day 1 buy but even though says they announced a PC port, you'd think they'd have it somewhere on google. For the last, 10 months most folks though it was a ps4 exclusive.

literally martir logarius the boss

Without restrictions, he doesn't really hold up well. Even SL1 runners (who don't go there pre-Vordt) are likely to roll over his ass. His back-up singers are the primary problem to contend with (can't even kill them).

>long sword type weapon
lol even From devs know every other weapon is useless

It's odd but it's true, though he could be inspiring copycats now due to people getting pissed off and falling for the bait, it still seems like just the one guy. Anyone saying there's a PC port announced is lying (I mean come on as if they'd announce a PC port at TGS of all place), and it seems unlikely to be happening due to Team Ninja's past experience with the platform. Koei Tecmo have done a lot of ports though so while there's possibly a chance, it doesn't seem to be happening for the foreseeable future. It'd be nice for more people to get to play it though, but hopefully they wouldn't be the kind that were loudest on the surveys.

>shameless copypasting BB boss movesets
>rehashing sif, again

Pathetic

At least Royal Rat Authority won't be total shit this time. Not so sure about giving it back-up (again).

Really tired of the Souls games. Dark Souls 1 was really fun and I got caught up in the PvP. DkS 2 was shit PvE wise, but had the best PvP. I look at Dark Souls 3 and I just have no urge to play it at all. It looks like Bloodborne without the fantastic setting and the PvP from what I've heard is trash.

completely uninteresting. doesnt feel like they're even trying to do anything new. as one user pointed out, where's a desert level? we get snow all the fucking time. i would appreciate a beautiful forest or prairie. we keep seeing the same environments rehashed and it's getting tiring. and i swear to god, if i see one more fucking swamp, im not even going to bother finishing the dlc.

>I also love shilling nioh

Then make your own thread or a general and fuck off there. Retard.

>Oh look, it's the unholy combination of the fucking rat-dog from 2 and Sif. Wow.
DS3 had the best bosses in the series, and this is before DLC

Obviously there's going to be some neat twist to it

>Boss that rips off Martir Logarius with a Vicar Amelia beast form
haha yeah, nah

>not-Priscilla doing a Bloodborne dodge step

Fucking hell I want that so bad. Fuck daggers though.

Do they use god mode?
Playing like that would get you killed within a few seconds

>DS3 had the best bosses in the series

Not only god mod the character is also level 200 using decent damaging pyro and sorceries.

>magic can't do damage unless you're overleveled
When will this meme end?

When From become competent devs

I don't think you understood my implication.

That music was shit.

You don't use shields in DS3 because anyone who uses shields has a huge PLEASE PARRY ME on his head

DS3 already has 2 snow areas in the base game

If anything DS3 has the least amount of bad bosses in the game.

But there are still plenty of them which simply aren't good.

Like Wolnir or Curseridden Greatwood. And Old Demon King is so average he could easily fit into Dark Souls 2.

>If anything DS3 has the least amount of bad bosses in the game.

Meant to say series

That doesn't make sense.

As if that changes anything

personally im in the dungeon right now, best boss so far is either the bro with the two swords who summons the spectre in his second r 3rd form or the dog with the mace, and over all ds3 has been seriously lacking something really really badly, though i cant put my finger on what it is

It's true though.

DS1 has shit like Bed of Chaos or Moonlight Butterfly
DS2 has shit like Ancient Dragon or Old Iron King
DS3 at worst has average bosses. Nothing comparable to the ones i named.

>deacons
>ancient wyvern
>crystal sage
>yhorn

DS3 lacks something you could call Identity.

You can shit on DS2 for a lot of things but atleast it felt like its somewhat consistent in its own material.

DS3 swims in DS1 fanservice and its own additions to it are anything but decently placed.

>Remember Gwyndolin?
>Well, he got eaten and that guy now sits in the room you faught OandS in
>Have fun!

What's wrong with Lotf?

I mean I literally just started playing it and it doesn't seem too bad so far, apart from the general slugginess of movement

Great more knights..

Deacons are okay for what they are. Miles better than the DS2 version.
Ancient Wyvern is a gimmick boss.
And Yhorn and CS are both alright. The only problem with the latter is that the Stormruler makes him too easy to beat.

>thread about x
>dude starts spamming y
>"this is a thread about x"
>"why are x fags so butthurt about y? lol, I don't even care about x or y, you can trust me, haha here's a smug face meme to show how stupid you look"

I'll take whatever you're smoking. but seriously those bosses are shit and are on par with the bosses you complained about from DS1/2

None of those are as shitty as the shitty DaS1 bosses like Pinwheel, or anything in Lost Izalith.

The worst boss in DaS3 is Greatwood Tree.

They different people but yeah they're either apart of the same battle or are 2 different fights ala Aldia and Nashandra. You can see the crow sitting in the fight with the lady

The wolf is a miniboss

Fuck off baiter

Best way to fight Yhorm bar none is to fight him with normal weapons, but have Siegward as backup. It has everything cool about the fight and means it actually becomes a proper fight.

It's a huge as fuck knights that move at sanic speeds with unbreakable poise in a bland/colorless open area episode.

dragonslayer was probably one of the hardest parts of SL1, lad
even with shield ring twinking, most of his attacks are strong enough to wipe you the fuck out in a single swing, and his escort of pretty butterflies can also instagib you with 2 of their 3 attacks

How come I'm seeing this exact same comment on the YouTube trailers for this DLC?

Also Miyazaki is a hack and DS3 will be lackluster. I hope the DLC is good.

Yeah this might be the first souls dlc I dont buy :\

Not as interesting as The Old Hunters, but it looks cool, I like how the area is really open looking and like an actual forest.

Really hope lordvessel-weilding mummy isn't the last DLC boss, considering that ToH trailers never really showed Lady Maria or the Orphan of Kos.

looks like more left overs

Oh boy! I can't wait to play some Stagger Souls 3 : Longswords of Ariandel!

>anything
>comparable to the worst DS1 bosses

Really.
People have forgotten how badly designed DS1 is at times.

Bed of Chaos is exceptionally bad but even other bosses just suffer from awful design choices

>Moonlight Butterfly is basicly invincible if you play melee and so they made the thing offer itself for literally free hits so people who don't play mage can get a kill

>Fat Farting Demon is a boss THREE FUCKING TIMES

>Pinwheel is so easy that even SL1 characters can easily beat him

>Centipede Demon in theory can never leave the lava resulting into you being most likely fucked just because of it

Not even Dark Souls 2 has bad bosses like that. The worst Dark Souls 2 bosses are either just insultingly easy , bad on hitboxes or kinda generic.

Not all of us do, but you'll notice the ones who blatantly shill more than the ones that reply on topic or just read through the threads.

Hopefully it won't suck dick like Royal Wood.

Apparently its smaller than TOH so I'm worried about it being on the light side.

it's the first and smallest of 2 DLCs IIRC

>How come Bloodborne just looks like it had 500% more effort put into it?
Because it did

seriously, ive been pretty vocal about disliking 2 but you have a good point, 2 at least has a consistent atmosphere that i could cling onto and experience, despite the fact that i disliked mechanical and design choices made for the game, ds3 just feels like side content. i gave up on enjoying the game when i got to the poison swamp with no iron ring desu senpai, there was some cool areas and enemies there but i didnt experience them because it was so fucking retarded and tedious. ds3 shows that not even the A team gets it

>The worst Dark Souls 2 bosses are either just insultingly easy , bad on hitboxes or kinda generic
Yeah too bad that's almost all the bosses in Dark Souls 2.

>without bamco, FROM releases one huge awesome dlc
>with bamco FROM splits it into two small dlcs

>A team
A-team is Japan Studios

I don't know. Maybe because DS3 is the FOURTH fucking entry in the franchise (if you count DeS, which is basically the same style)..

>sign a retarded contract 10 years ago saying "You're gonna make these 3 games for us and we're gonna milk the fuck out of them - do you agree? [ ] Yes [ ] No"
>woooooooooooow bamco wtfff
it's free money for fromsoft and bamco.

I know I'll get frustrated with those mobs that can spam firebreath like in BB

Because i don't have an PS4

>fucking the consumer in the ass is good because it's more money for the company
wew

Everything wrong with Dark Souls 3 right there, just spam attacks, take turns spamming attacks, everything that the first game wasn't and specifically broke the mold of.

Because faggy us vs them mentalities are the number 1 worst thing on Cred Forums. Faggots post console war threads and for some reason faggots also try their hardest to shill a rivalry between The Witcher, Dragon's Dogma, Souls, and now Ni-Oh despite all those series' being very, very different.

>Cred Forums now hates Dark Souls

What the fuck happened

>copy pasted sif and a pvp battle
>copy paste lady maria with a few of logarius moves
>copy paste vicar amalia but this time he has a pot with lava instead of being on fire himself

I'm very VERY disappointed.

DS2 has the most amount of bosses and probably will still hold that crown after DS3 got its DLCs.

It has a lot of boring and mediocre boss fights but so also a decent amount of good ones.

>Fume Knight
>Ivory King
>Sir Alonne
>Sinh
>Smelter
>Looking Glass Knight
>Velstadt
>Lost Sinner

But if we really only want to name GREAT boss battles.

DS1:
Artorias
OandS
Manus

DS2:
Alonne
Fume
Ivory King

DS3:
Abyss Watchers
Nameless King
Pontiff
SoC

Disappointing sequels is what happeend

Cred Forums doesn't hate dark souls, most people here are just ambivalent towards dark souls 3 and hate dark souls 2.

It got too popular. Can't have that.

Luckily, shitposters are already prepping Nioh to be its successor, effectively killing any attempt to discuss this game seriously in the future.

You didn't think Twin Princes was great?

None of the bosses you listed for DS3 would qualify as great.

II happened. Then II was rereleased. Then III happened and rehashed everything.

Dark Souls has little to do with this, mate.

Do you know that feeling you have after you spent 10+ hours sleeping and you're still tired and slow as shit and everything takes you atleast half an hour of consideration even though you've done it a million times before
that's how lotf feels

Hey. Abyss Watchers is you fighting a horde of Artorias fanboys in the same theme.

And Pontiff has a creative second phase.

And SoC is basicly what Gwyn should have been.

Nameless King is kinda overrated though.

One thing that put me off Bloodborne is every single fucking character you make is basically a dexfag from Dark Souls.

Character building got VERY boring very fast.

Fuck, I just encountered a giant fucking guy who guards all the times which is literally unbeatable unless I use magic on him. Same goes for some other guys with shield, literally unbeatable unless I cheese them with a backstab. I would drop it if it wasn't for the general aesthetics and promising story. But maybe I'm gonna drop it anyways.

yeah it starts out OK but once you hit that boss with a greatshield and the worst hitboxes of all time, and every enemy has a greatshield, the game totally falls apart.

Debug mode.

>Hey. Abyss Watchers is you fighting a horde of Artorias fanboys in the same theme.
Fighting a group of enemies isnt a good boss battle

>And Pontiff has a creative second phase.
It was a gimmick, that is not creative

>And SoC is basicly what Gwyn should have been.
The first phase was retarded, they should have just kept the fight as the second and given him his own boss theme instead of rehashing Gwyns

I disagree, I think BB has by far the best heavy weapons in the series. Nothing compares to the Kirkhammer.

Because you browse Cred Forums and you have to pretend you hate everything to fit in.

You know what this game WILL do? If it sells, at least. Force each company to compete and improve their games. :)

>Fighting a group of enemies isnt a good boss battle
fuck you

>The first phase was retarded, they should have just kept the fight as the second and given him his own boss theme instead of rehashing Gwyns
see above

This sounds like those auto generated posts from bots.
Jesus fuck you're a bad shill.

Not to mention the goddamn wheel which is kind of impractical but amazingly fun.

Also the hunter's axe which is arguably the most well rounded weapon in the entire game.

There is literally no weight to it.

It just causes a big cloud of dust and moves a fraction of a bit slower than the axe.

All the clothing in the game is shit.

Everyone needs to use a sidearm so you always look like a hunter or a man with a cannon on his arm.

The character design in Bloodborne was pretty fucking shit.

Actually, come to think about it, the combat was pretty shit too because it was so fucking easy to cheese

There's several huge weapons and ways to tank hits.
There is nothing wrong with having to fight multiple enemies and this is the one of the dumbest new memes I've seen lately. The rest that you're talking about also sounds dumb but I'm fed up of that shit in particular.

Nah you can be a goofy edgy blood character (strength/blood lets you smash and shoot shit all day long), and arcane lets you kin mode it up. I found a lot of variety in how the builds played, even if there weren't as many paths to build towards.

>i never played the game

I'm tempted to say this is the same poster since this is just a sea of bad opinions;.

>Abyss Watchers
>Pontiff Sully
>The Champ
>Nameless King
>Soul of Cinder
>even the easy bosses had multiple stages and gimmicks to make them memorable

best bosses in the series, and this is without DLC
anything else is a meme opinion

I think everything but the second sentence in this post is just outright wrong.

everything in this post is retarded, but as a supporter of free speech I will defend your right to have shit taste until the day I die.

Abyss watchers is one of the shittiest bosses in the series

Just because you don't agree with it its a meme now? Way to go guy

>Souls threads have their own Barneyfag now
Was only a matter of time, I guess.

no it isn't

>Don't like an aspect the game lacks
>Y-You never played and you are wrong.

The fact that they needed to use transform modes to make the weapons even remotely different shows the weakness of the bare mechanics.

When I run games through, especially RPGs, I generally enjoy a mix of different archtypes.

This is literally not the case in Bloodborne. It took the DLC to give me something other than "Old Victorian clothes a Deviantart faggot would wear"

In fact the entire game I felt like some weird Edgy teens character, despite using the Kirkhammer, the Wheel or the Sword-in-a-sword.

Especially when I figured out the iframes are higher in Bloodborne, there is no weight limits and I can just dodge everything like a naruto character.

I liked plenty of the bosses, I liked the level design, but the game was just too easy and it fell flat on it's ass when it came to character design.

Only weapon I actually liked fulled was the bladebow.

What the fuck is it with Dark Souls and dlc snow areas?

Pontiff is trash, if the shadow and the real boss did different attacks it would have been a cool fight and not a cheap party trick.

I'd like to imagine someone actually doing this
>playing ds3 with friends
>kill boss
>suddenly shut it off
>"yo why did you do that?"
>"There were...two bonfires next to eachother"
>"...so?"
>"SO!? THIS IS A BIG FUCKING DEAL! REEEEEEEE"

>if the shadow and the real boss did different attacks it would have been a cool fight and not a cheap party trick.
then it would have been no different from every other copypaste multi-boss (Sentinels, Gargoyles, Lud&Zullen etc).
The Jojo stand aspect made it a unique fight. Your opinion is trash.

Is Soulsborne PvP really that big of a deal? I only played Bloodborne, but still, never even felt compelled to give PvP a shot. And no. It's not because I'm unable. I do have PS+. I just never cared enough to try it.

>why are xfags annoyed that yfags shit up their discussions for no apparent reason other than autism
gee whiz, i wonder why

Just Cred Forums being Cred Forums.

my post literally never implied you didn't play it or that you are wrong, I just said your opinion is retarded. It's clear that you just dislike the victorian ascetic and concept of bloodborne. It's ironic that you complain about people undermining your opinion and then spout le edge le deviantart for a whole post.

>the base game has no clothing besides generic old victorian clothes
>executioner set
>cainhurst set
>graveguard set
>madman's set
>bone ash set
>yahar'ghul black set
>crowfeather set

Autists like to make it into a huge deal. You can play the entire game without needing to pvp

99% of this list applies to pvp problems
>playing souls games for pvp
kek

Stands use different moevs than their users, you might as well have spouted some retarded food analogy

pvp was a very unique aspect of demons souls that helped it stand out, which is why many people really cling to it, combined with the fact that it can be fun, but im like you., i dont care too much about it, but i mean come on, even i can see that the 3v1 ganks with 3 were stupid

there has always been a bonfire in EVERY souls game directly after every main boss area.... why is this a problem for you now in dark souls 3?

just drop it you're not missing out on anything on a game that is slower than dark souls 2

Well, yeah. For my first and so far only Soulsborne game, I handled Bloodborne just fine on my first playthrough, beating the whole thing without any online assistance outside of messages telling me to go for an all out attack against a giant pig while I'm still at a single digit level.

Didn't do NG+ though. I liked the game, but not THAT much.

No Priscilla covenant, no buy

jesus christ just kick his shield YOU DUMB FUCKING IDIOT, JUST KICK HIS SHIELD AND THEN STAB HIS DICK OFF

Dark Souls series is ok, it's a bit too tryhard for my tastes though. I think by now the formual is getting stale and I think they should make some changes in order to appeal to a broader audience:
-New weapon types like murkrets or a medievil bazooka and you can take cover for things that are shoot back at you
-Parts where you have to run away from a huge enemy and the huge boss chases you to a turrent and you use it to kill him
-Other parts where you can use turrents on loads of people or even a catapult
-You can see how many kills and deaths you have in pvp and the more kills you get unlock extra abilities for you and new skins for your weapons and armour
-Free running and climbing up on sthings
-You have a npc partner and he is an ethnic and he makes jokes and he gives you estius flasks and stuff when your in trouble
-If you get backstabbed or parryed you can press a button at the right moment and you do a counter
-Bosses arent just running around hitting them you can get to like press buttons at the right time and it does damage
-Vehicle sections like on a horse and cart or a boat or like a stone age motorbike and gliders
-When someone invades it asks you if it's ok and if you press no then they are sent away
-You can go into peoples houses and talk to them
-If you get hit then dont get hit for a while your health comes back
-You can have a romance with someone and even it can be a man if you are a gay
-Better support like map packs for arena and new weapons and amrour or better versions of weapons and armour in the game
-Moderators chosen from popular members of the community, they will monitor for poor sportsmanship and ban those they feel are a negative influence on the community & metagame
-Some people need you to get things so you can go get them and bring them back and they give you souls or items
-You can get a pet and they go around and find items for you and secrets so you dont have to search around so much

No, it's because people act so overblown about the horror of having to focus on an extra enemy that the sheer idea of it gives them nightmares, and that alone is apparently enough to make something bad. That guy said absolutely nothing about the fight itself, only that it was bad because he was outnumbered.

Now this guy is onto something.

its a cheap way to add depth to a boss fight, when you kill the other abyss watchers off the main guy is so easy to beat you can stunlock it to death. thats why its terrible

I appreciate that you put effort into your bait instead of just posting
>implying PCucks will EVER play bloodborne

>the main guy is so easy to beat you can stunlock it to death. thats why its terrible
straight sword is easy mode

That said, the gameplay is only one part of the bossfight. Atmosphere contributes as well, and the Abyss Watchers fight was 10/10 in that department.

It's ok if you disagree though. I'm sorry that you disliked the fight.

That makes no sense. You think multiple enemies is bad because killing one enemy is easy? How is it cheap, because you think it is? How do you know they didn't add them with a specific style of fight in mind?

they could have upped the poise on that guy so LS doesnt stagger him. nameless doesnt stunlock from it for example

>How do you know they didn't add them with a specific style of fight in mind?
how do you know that they did? there is no synergy between the abyss watcher clones and the boss, its just literally 2 other npcs with the exact same moveset thrown onto the field

>someone, somewhere, had to type this out
The Internet is place of mystery and wonder, mostly wonder.

the other Abyss Watchers were there for story purposes mostly

But the fact that they would get into fights with one another was unique. What could have been a lazy rehash of the other copypaste multi-bosses (see DS2), became something slightly more memorable.

also those bonerific fire effecs from maria

that doesnt answer my question, thanks anyway

I agreed with you. Why are you being so hostile?

Its fine if you didn't enjoy the fight. I understand that my experience with the game isn't going to reflect everyone else's

Watcher[S] is a bit of a clue. The moveset itself is full of dashes and sweeps so they can chase you if you're trying to split them up, and also so the crazed one can get right into the fight and screw things up. The entire tone and point of the fight is shown in the opening cutscene. It's not a duel or a hunt, it's an all out brawl between a dead legion clinging to delusions of greatness.

> it's an all out brawl
It's a brawl to see who can chain stun who first.

You might need to go outside.

You're right, maybe then I'll find someone with an opinion worth two shits.

If you like shit that much you'll fit right in

Sounds like you've got a lot of experience with shit.

Please stop fighting or I'll tell mom.

did you tip your fedora after beating them?

I don't see what's wrong with the Ni-Oh dude. It honestly looks like a more fluid controlling Dark Souls.

well call mom so I can dick her provided she looks like the kind of milf I want to dick

people are mad at him because it's always the same webms, also it's a form of infiltration into the topic like someone spamming Guild Wars shit into a WoW thread

Then report and move on. You honestly believe he'd keep posting as much as he does if he didn't get replies? Especially that dumbass who kept saying "it probably plays exactly like Souls."

It's not strictly that they're against Nioh, it's that the guy keeps spamming the webms in threads not about the game to try and force confrontation, and people keep replying to him despite it being obvious what he's doing. If people want to discuss Nioh they can make other threads for it hell I always like talking about Nioh someone could make a thread right now but what he's doing is just trying to piss people off rather than support any game.

Worst finale, it actually makes me sad.
Dark Souls 1 was so great, then Dark Souls 2 happened but it was still a fun experience, I expected the flame to die out in a supernova explosion but it dies in a whimper.

Dark Souls 3 why you gotta do me like this?

You know what the worst part is? There hasn't been any significant balance patch pushed out.

We waited 6 months for a shitty 2 boss, 1 area DLC that has a grand total of 4 (FOUR) new spells.

In the same time frame DS2 was chugging out patch after patch and released all its DLC.

In the same time frame Bloodborne delivered the equivalent of 2 DLCs in a single package.

Its fucking embarrassing.

>You honestly believe he'd keep posting as much as he does if he didn't get replies?
>implying shilling over competing games doesn't bring guaranteed replies for any thread ever
even a single "fuck off" is an incentive tfor people like him to keep doing it. what do you expect? every single user to somehow agree collectively not to ever reply?

That guy playing is hilariously bad.

it's intentional so normies don't look at high level play and feel intimidated into thinking they won't be able to win unless they're that good and back off

Not Cainhurst the dlc.

Dark Souls 3 is my favorite in the series, best level design and bosses

>that has a grand total of 4 (FOUR) new spells
Do we know this or are you being hyperbolic?

This has been confirmed in an interview by miyazaki himself

polygon.com/2016/9/21/12999624/dark-souls-3-ashes-of-ariandel-dlc-preview-hands-on-everything-we-know

>"It is taking place in the Painted World, but it’s taking place in a different Painted World," he said. "However, there are some connections between this Painted World and the one from the original Dark Souls. The reason I decided to return to the Painted World is because it matches with the theme I’m trying to describe in the first DLC. Players should be able to understand the reason as they play the DLC."

>"It’s kind of a spoiler, but there will be two boss battles in the DLC," he told us. "Just like in the base game, there will be big changes during each boss battle. That’s being emphasized more."

>In the case of the wolf fight, the boss battle actually begins by fighting a difficult human character, seemingly defending the wolf. Once he falls, the much bigger, much more powerful wolf takes his place.

>Miyazaki promised there will be lots of other content in the DLC. This includes four new spells, four full armor sets and 15 new weapons. Perhaps most interestingly, the new weapons include a new spear type that players can actually throw during battle.

>"Ashes of Ariandel is independent from the base game," said Miyazaki. "The storyline and theme of the base game are pretty much concluded in the base game."

>"Our approach to the DLC for Dark Souls 3 is allowing players to access the DLC once they reach a certain area of the base game," Miyazaki said. "Once they reach that area, they always have access to the DLC. But that is definitely not at the very beginning of the game, because of the difficulty level."

>"It’s time to move away from the Dark Souls franchise," Miyazaki said. "As president of From Software, I’m not completely denying the possibility of bringing back the franchise in the future."

There's nothing that interesting happening in the trailer and action games for the sake of space and timing fundamentals is getting boring. It's why SFV has been a failure.

>best level design
maybe for individual levels, but the overall shape of the map is a straight line with a few diverting paths

will we ever get another world as interconnected as DaS1 again?

Ariandel = not-Cainhurst
Cainhurst = not-Eleum Loyce
Eleum Loyce = not-Northern Limit

>Ariandel = not-Cainhurst
>Cainhurst = not-Eleum Loyce
>Eleum Loyce = not-Painted World of Ariamis
>Ariamis = not-Northern Limit
fixed

>every snow level is just a copy of every other snow level

that's the point of my post.
the comparisons between Ariandel and Cainhurst are just as loose as these other examples which are basically a snowy area with a big castle

>will we ever get another world as interconnected as DaS1 again
no, that type of design requires a shit load of effort for very little reward. only autistic Cred Forumsirgins that make up 10% of the playerbase care about the connected world. the average normie that makes up most of the playerbase doesnt really care, and majority rules.

>millenials

They're working on three new IPs. You know this, right?

Good gajrin, we fromsoftware work very hard! So be gratefur!

>that last 30 or so seconds
New waifu acquired. She has cute feet

>no PvP
Man, this shit's gonna die off fast isn't it?

pvp is usually pretty fun in the souls games, dark souls 2 even managed to make 99% of the weapons viable and thanks to is more paced combat nothing feels bullshit

I wanna fuck a tree

>Moonlight Butterfly is basicly invincible if you play melee
Throw firebombs dummy
>Pinwheel is so easy that even SL1 characters can easily beat him
Actually Pinwheel is pretty fucking dangerous at a low SL if you go there first without Leeroy

>implying you won't get one where you worship her corpse

>Perhaps most interestingly, the new weapons include a new spear type that players can actually throw during battle
We javelins now?

Looks kinda lame desu. Unless it comes with patches to fix the main game I won't bother getting it. According to /dsg/ it's supposed to be the shortest DLC they've made.

>snow
>winter
>enemies are obviously based from norse designs
Is anyone else a little bit peeved by this? I mean souls isn't like the epicenter of originality but it seems like a really lazy cop out for a snow based enemy when they could have designed something much more interesting, or at least use a mixture of themes. Hell the outrider/irithyll sets were fairly original and were also based heavily about snow and cold shit. That's like making a forest-themed DLC where most of the enemies where wear plaid shirts and wield hatchets, or a desert DLC where the enemies wear turbans and fight with AK-47's.

>we want the Skyrim audience

>DSII had DLC and patches out fast
>As did Bloodborne
>"Why are they taking so long for DSIII?"
>"They're working on three different games"
>*shitpost*

Nice work, man.

>DS3 invented snow castle areas
they've existed since Demon's Souls m8

you bloodborne fags don't need to keep reminding me to pay hundreds of dollars to play the only ps4 exclusive...

I get it, you like your

I'm poorfag alright

>she

>he doesn't want to use the new paired AK weapon with jihadi weapon art

>tfw poorfag
>saving shekels for a long time for bloodborne machine
>finally get it
>PS4 Pro announced
>no patch for bloodborne announced
wew dodged a bullet there

Even better

Yes.

>want to get a ps4 for bloodborne
>tell myself to wait for at least one or two more great game games before buying
>Rachet and clank is 5 hours long
>Uncharted is yet another interactive movie, but this time they ruined MP, the only fun part
>remasters everywhere
>Nier coming to PC
>LBP 3 is floaty shit and dead
>everything else is shit or weebshit
>new PS4 about to come out at the same price
Thank god I'm not a sonygger. I'm still gonna buy one mainly for kh3, and I'm praying that Nioh is actually good and not a meme, and that GoW:my wife's son edition is not shit, but I'm not to hopeful for that one.

But the base game in 3 already had Norse inspired stuff. A lot of the boss names are inspired from old Germanic names or themes, there's Nordic weapons and armor including a starting class with a viking suit literally called "Northern Armor", and snowy locations already exist in the base game.

because Art is subjective user

>thinks DS2 and BB didn't also have them working on split projects

Keep acting like a retarded apologist

Member when the Souls community wasn't full of faggots?

>In the case of the wolf fight, the boss battle actually begins by fighting a difficult human character, seemingly defending the wolf. Once he falls, the much bigger, much more powerful wolf takes his place.
Old Monk 2 Wolf bogaloo now

That's retarded, lothric castle is more like not-cainhurst. Cainhurst is a sprawling castle first, ice-level second.

DSII had being worked on concurrently with Bloodborne and an early version of DSIII. No other titles at this point we're being worked on. DSII is released, BB and DSIII are still being worked on, along with DSII's DLC. DSII DLC comes out over a period of months, BB gets released Q1 2015. DSIII is still being worked on.

After BB's release, From Software began work on three separate games along with working on DSIII, and BB's DLC. These are the facts, Susie.

this is sadly the case, where Dark Souls 1's fantastic level design shines most is when allowing for large variety on repeat playthroughs, and most players play once with their starter equipment, summon for every boss, and never touch it again.

Nice to see From dicklickers still defending their every fault

Yeah, it's weird. I remember that for like a year after Dark Souls came out, it was still quite niche and obscure. I think that Dark Souls II being announced at that shitty game awards normie show was what caused the gigantic spike in popularity. Dark Souls II had a pretty "epic" trailer and good marketing that drew in a SHITLOAD of new players. Just look at how many retards played DaS II first and think it's the best one.

If it didn't get so popular we may not have gotten Bloodborne though, which I find to be the best one. There is still the occasional comfy souls thread, the trick to a good souls thread is to make it about a specific game without starting with a complaint, then fans of that souls game flock in. Threads about DeS and BB are particularly good, and DaS 1 gets nice threads now and again.

You don't even know what my stance on the matter is you imbecile. I'm not defending From's actions. I'm giving you nothing but facts. Personally I think it's SUPREMELY fucking stupid to work on three different games at once.

>"good thing it doesn't use the souls formula"
>Player is standing next to a bootleg bonfire

The formula is starting to get old. I think these Souls like games should start using bullet hell enemy design.

>Unholy abomination with a bow/crossbow/gun
>Has the aim of a drunk stormtrooper

I mean if you're gonna make ranged enemies atleast give them the capacity to hit me. It's easy as fuck to parry melee and you hardly have to worry about ranged.

Breed with bullet hell, Souls-likes and let me matrix through arrows like a mother fucker and parry all the things.

youtube.com/watch?v=EvQlzOxRBGs

Friendly reminder that Velka is
>cousin of Gwyn
>daughter of Allfather Loyd
>mother to Priscilla
>irrevocable proof that Miyazaki has a foot fetish

>the human part of the boss is actually a player summoned by farron watchdogs

That would be really fucking cool actually. Hope it actually works this time

>try out a game that's still months from release and no longer offering a demo
Fuck off. People go into a Dark Souls thread to discuss Dark Souls. Go start a nioh thread if you wanna jerkoff over prelease stuff.

what's wrong with the Moonlight Butterfly?