God of War 4

Are you guys excited for this revamp?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tY6vIDCK7iQ
ign.com/articles/2016/06/14/e3-2016-god-of-war-made-me-care-about-the-series-for-the-first-time?abthid=5760873dad0cc3bc5f000022
youtube.com/watch?v=3qnIgbp7BvA
youtube.com/watch?v=0gJpvCXHKiw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Of course not.

no

You could not excite me for a Sony movie even if it were my favorite franchise.

my wife's son will love it

Nice meme

Nice meme

>demo shown at E3 was like 90% gameplay
>hurr durr 2 cutscenes = movie

Wew lad.

>New "God of War"

Imagine if they gave Devil May Cry a stamina meter and made firearms a TPS shooter.

Maybe we got off easy with DmC.

lol

>Ryse of God of War
why would you want that?

I think it'll be good. The devs said they're staying true to the games' roots, so I'm sure it'll be just as bloody and awesome by the time the prologue is over.

>Dumb down gameplay even more than the original God of War
>Try to make the game even more "cinematic"

Oh yeah I'm so fuckin excited man

I can't wait for developers to stop being so ashamed of the medium that they create in and actually try and make games instead of pseudo movies

>imying Cred Forums evenwatched it

you do know this is an /r/pcmasterrace outpost right user? If sony makes it, it automatically is bad. no need to reply to these manchildren.

As to OP. Yeah I am excited, played every single one. Personally I thought the series should have died with 3 (just felt like the right way to end) and this game should have a new lead, but I am very interested to see how Kratos ended up here.

>post yfw the edgy Devil May Cry reboot made by a western studio is more faithful to the original series it is based off in terms of gameplay than a God of War SEQUEL made by the same studio.

I am.
Looks like there is a chance it'll actually be a good game rather than simple hack'n'slash shit.

I expect in reality the trailer was the best part of the game and it's all back to the old press a button to win, monotonous gameplay.

>>Dumb down gameplay
>when the gameplay now requires dodging enemy attacks and timing your attack instead of mashing square

If the combat is fun like the old games sure, not if it is some stiff lords of the fallen shit

it will be the next dark souls.

Despite all the shitposting, we barely know anything about the game. Barlog said there's going to be an increased emphasis on exploration this time, which could be nice in theory, but I worry that the game will ultimately be very shallow.

Either way, it might prove to be a mistake to repurpose God of War into this, even if for audience familiarity. Supposedly big bosses and set pieces are returning, and that could be the difference maker in how people feel about the game. I'm not terribly excited, though. I don't care for the camera at all.

Would have been excited if they rebooted it with properly revamped combat or an innovative new direction. Instead we get another cinematic dad simulator and the combat looks shitty.

>people still force the "Mash Square" meme

I wish Cuhrazy fags would leave. All three games, and even Ascension have lots of actual casual checks that punish you hard if you mash square

If you say you don't have to dodge in any GoW up to this point, you are lying or playing on the easiest setting.

Mfw I saw the e3 reveal
>Kratos shoots and arrow
>"Archery +50"

They took a hack n slash game and turned it into yet another boring Sony movie game. This series needs to die.

DONT ATTACK ME OR MY WIFES SON EVER AGAIN

confirmed for never playing the games.

Stupidest fucking meme of the year

Fuck it makes me cry though

A revamp was a good move, action games are a dying genre, they needed something different or it would be doomed like DMC. My only concern is replayability, story-heavy games are usually worth one playthrough and that's it.

Fucking Days Gone looked more interesting than God of War: Dad Edition at E3

Wow cool. So instead of just mashing square you press X every 5 second.

Great gameplay. 10/10

I'm sick and tired of this cheap trend where characters slide across the floor mid attack, they don't even walk up the an enemy they just slide mid-swing. GoW looks like shit now.

naah god of war is shit anyway

>The last of uncharted 4

Boy I can't wait for another walking cinematic simulator about some misunderstood father figure.

Nobody said God of War was the deepest action series around, only that this new one seems more simple than these games have ever been

No need to be so hostile friend

yes it looks cool

moviegames bore me.

It's literally a Beat em Up akin to Double Dragon. It's not deep combat but it's pretty damn hard at times and still fun. It's the definition of a video game in all sense of the word

Was he right?
youtube.com/watch?v=tY6vIDCK7iQ

your memes bore me

It's really disappointing how many people came out of the woodwork to exclaim that they're "finally excited to play GoW again" because it's 'deeper' and has a serious story

Like, why in the fuck do you play games in the first place? Watch a movie or read a book if you want an engaging story. Playing the game should be the most important part of a game. Are these people ashamed that they play games or something and need to validate themselves for the sake of everyone they know?

lel you are stupid as fuck

CRAFTING

FUCKING CRAFTING

But user I need an epic story in order to enjoy my games. If it doesnt have an epic story then its just not a good game. Like Mario. Those games are simply not good because they have no stories. The NES Megaman games are dumb because no story.

>It's really disappointing how many people came out of the woodwork to exclaim that they're "finally excited to play GoW again" because it's 'deeper' and has a serious story
>Like, why in the fuck do you play games in the first place?
>But user I need an epic story in order to enjoy my games.
All this desu.
But now cuz of TLoU and B:I, you get all dem awards and media hype for being a smart game for smart gamers, but in this case I guess it's an emotional game for beta gamers.

sonygaf pls leave

>head game director is an ex-naughty dog employee

naughty dog is cancer. ever since their moviegame formula got famous, sony has decided that ALL of their 1st party games need to be movie games as well.

Are you sure? I remember they made a big deal out of the fact that the director was someone who worked on the older gow games.

ign.com/articles/2016/06/14/e3-2016-god-of-war-made-me-care-about-the-series-for-the-first-time?abthid=5760873dad0cc3bc5f000022
>During my extended demo, we wandered off the beaten path and discovered a number of crafting resources, pieces of armor, and idols. God of War will feature larger, much more in-depth RPG systems, something Sony will discuss further down the road
Why

They grew up.

Don't know who's worse
The people that get so psyched and hyped up, claiming it to be GOTY when it has just been announced.
Or the people that rant about it, says it's gonna be the worse game ever released this decade just as it has been announced.

>gameplay
It was a shit movie just like TLoU.

I never played a GoW but i've seen plenty of gameplay and i noticed the new one looks completely different than the old ones, looks closer to a Dark Souls type of gameplay than that of the older games. How do fans of the series feel about this?

as someone who has played dark souls and old god of war, the new god of war is nothing like dark souls

No...just no, GOW at least LOOKS like a GOW game, DmC has nothing but names in common with its original series.
Seriously how anybody can be retarded enough to even think DmC looks better than GOW4 is beyond me...
Somebody post Farnsworth saying 'I don't want to live on this planet anymore' please because these retards really are unbelievable

>generic mash buttons to kill something
>excited

>excited for The Last of Us: God of War edition

Nah, I was never a fan of the series when it was "Whack basic enemy 40 times to kill it"

>No...just no, GOW at least LOOKS like a GOW game, DmC has nothing but names in common with its original series.
Maybe in terms of visuals, but I'm talking about the GAMEPLAY. DmC was bad-mediocre, but at least it was TRYING to be a stylish action game with they same type of Rebellion combos, and E&I movesets.
This looks like TLoU with a typical TPS over the shoulder camera, lots of forced walking sections, and a slow hatchet instead of the faster blades of chaos. The director set there won't be any square/triangle combos anymore.

>Rage is Spartan is full
>Mash L3 + R3 now
>Fuck yeah time for combo
>It's a fucking cutscene
why

I didn't get it it all

Was that just put in so we can "feel" like we're playing a God of War game?

>completely different
The GoW formula for HnS isn't present. Indeed, it isn't even a HnS. Or a game. It is a movie (like TLoU).

>how do fans feel
Those that have lasted after Ascension are either moving on or just (naively) holding out hope for a real sequel (joining the camp of DMC in that regard). A return to form (as one should hope for with Bayo, NG, etc. too).

>closer to Dark Souls
It really isn't much like either.

As notes, while DmC had problems (a failed attempt to modify its brand of HnS, hard reboot, etc. *not to mention developer antagonism*), this soft reboot has an edge where grievance citations are concerned (this isn't even a HnS).

>hitting 40 times
>not instant killing with ring-out
>not dealing huge damage with collisions
>not making use of potent grab options
>not petrifying and shattering them
Which basic enemy do you have to hit (even on VH) 40 fucking times? We talking challenge conditions or something? You should be doing more than 1 damage per hit. Or are you talking about something other than a Minor Grunt (or less)?

Not until they show actual gameplay. So far it looks like Uncharted/Last of Us type of bullshit.

I'm a fan of the GoW series despite Cred Forums shitting on it all the time. I've been calling for innovation ever since 3, but I didn't want it to be modern day Naughty Dog trash.

It didn't need innovation. Just not being shit. GoWIII did some things well (new stuff included). Just fucked up enough that it was inferior to GoWII. GoW:A was a massive pile of shit (multiplayer is mostly to blame for how things turned out *and that's the fault of executive mandates*).

Ascension sucked because they actually tried to do SOMETHING with the battle system and none of it happened to work. That and it also had a bunch of other problems, but that one annoyed me the most.

Also come on, don't tell me you weren't fed up with the same fucking moveset by the time you played 3.

>gameplay
Walking through a forest with droning dialogue and QTEs is not gameplay.

The gameplay footage of the actual combat gameplay just looked the exact same as The Last of Us. This is going to get completely overshadowed by the narrative similarities instead, which is fucking irritating.

It was the same animation style, the same camera, the same impact. Only you can throw the axe about this time instead of the spikey pipe or whatever breaking.

Its a fresh new look at the God of War series by making it highly alike another game.

100%

No.
This game's director also directed GoW2 then left Sony to work at Crystal Dinamics and now he's back.

GoW2 is my favorite game in the series. But then again A LOT of bad shit happened to video game industry since then.

>waaah why cant i mash square 2 win anymore

Why does every upcoming Sony game have the exact fucking same camera position. Like they can only make close in Third Person games after how popular TLoU became.

GoW was always cutscene ridden
Camera closer to the action makes it better, now you can feel strength after each strike
I still hope protagonist is just Kratoses descendant and not Kratos himself

>This game was just an alright action game
>Instead of making it better, let's just make it worse

Wew

> Action games are a dying genre

The hell are you talking about?

I'm disappointed because I liked the gameplay in the previous ones.
Still going to buy it because it's bound to be a blast.

>pressing r2 to win is hardcore
kek

>literally only 10 minutes of the game shown
>WAAAAH THIS GAME SUCKS

I like how Cred Forums suddenly likes the old gow games just to shit on the new one.

>Because theres no dodging and timing attacks in the previous games.

The combat system has always been easy and straight forward in the GOW series, "the smash square" meme has some truth to it, but at least it was responsive and enjoyable. Now all that is gone and replaced by some "realistic" bullshit with an awkward camera angle attached to it.

>Have a series
>People grow attached to it
>Completely change it
>Suprised when people get upset

dont be a dumbass

I liked god of war.

Yes. Fuck the nu Cred Forumsaginas standing up for this cinematic horse shit.

You do realize that by the looks of it, the combat system is even EASIER now, right? And TheGamingBrit did not complain about the difficulty of the previous titles in the video, its amazing how you people cannot argue without puting words in other people's mouth.

it looks like the last of us but without guns or stealth

But people wanted change, especially after the tripe that was Ascension.

Nobody saw Ascension and decided it would be better if they just made it TLOU

Actually, you won't survive without dodging in GoW on a difficulty level higher than normal.

>Gameplay
>People actually believes Sony's pre-rendered BS trailers.

After ascension I want to see where they go with it.

Hopeful optimisim

>Another Film or the cinematicstation 4.

Not really.

Major part of GoW was always the spectacle, that's why first 3 games were such hits.

Let's wait a couple of months and see what they'll have to show. Maybe the gameplay will be decent, who knows, it's not like we've seen anything on E3.

You are right Nobody thought that since no one even bought Ascension

>game looks so good PCfat thinks its not real

I remember seing Ascension copies in my local store for 30$ like a month after release. Got bored one evening and just bought one on a whim.

It was subpar. It's like these motherfucker couldn't decide if they wanted to make an action game or a fucking puzzle platformer at times.

People don't actually think that Kratos can be redeemed right? This nu Kratos should have just been a new character

>actually tried to do something
They try something each time. Too often dropping good things if not nerfing them (so new stuff looks better).

>none of it worked
A lot was shit, but not all. Tether is fine (still needs work), but not as a full replacement for Orion's Snare. Tether is better off being a special grab unlocked with EXP (same for the GoS mounting grab *HC*). OH still hasn't gotten back redirection and alt.OH is basically forgotten.

The 'stun state' grabs were an amusing idea, but poorly executed (and came at the cost of regular grabs). Promptless QTEs were basically a total failing (not enough work went into making this glorified mini-game worth the hype from the devs).

WWs didn't have to suck shit (Bayonetta did fine with them). Shield managed to be mostly good thanks to not getting 'balanced' (it wasn't in the multiplayer).

The 'rage' (non-super state in this case) was a travesty for the Blades, but could have been fine for some other weapon (as its own mechanic).

I'll have to stop myself from shitting on GoW:A endlessly. Back to trying to praise it for what 'worked'. It managed to make an AoH-lite that wasn't shit (unlike even the best entry *GoWII*). Because I hate the title, I'll leave it at that. It only takes one exception to bring down an absolute (none) anyway.

Kratos's story is over. Is the story of him moving to Norway and raising his wife's son in a little cabin in the woods astory that needs to be told? No, it's not.

And the "gameplay" has been reduced to naughty dog-tier moviegame boringness.

>Kratos smashes the giants heads after wailing on it like any other game
>it goes into a qte state where he bashes on it over and over like the other games
>somehow this time its boringness

pcfats believes it is real but knows a shitty machine like a PS4 can't run it as it should.

More like god of war 7

>same moveset
If only you knew better than this. Putting CoO aside (though before GoWIII) and just focusing on the Blades, then. We'll start with OH. GoW1 had only one version (Slam), but it could be redirected. No i-frames, but it was good for damage, collisions, ring-out, positioning, locks, etc. GoWII made a great many variations (with i-frames *though mostly cosmetic changes*), but still had 'Slam' as the case without i-frames. Regrettably, no redirection. It did introduce the option to hold the input for those moves though (alt.OH). A given foe only had one, but there were three types (pull into grab select, pull into OS kill and 360 toss *instant kill*). GoWIII didn't return redirection and limited alt.OH to harpies (just 360 toss). Air OS is more or less the same (just new animations *some allowing infinities, some good for collisions, etc.*). GoWIII introduced a special that 'grapples', but isn't a grab (non-Power % move *usually with invincibility throughout*). GoWII added riding foes. The Battering Ram of GoWIII combined with the wall splat (added in that entry) would make a special grab kill. Halved (GoWIII thing) Undead could be grabbed (stomped).

Let's consider 'Bravery' (t1 *heavy string starter*). The most obvious thing would be that the ground version in GoWIII (BoE) is a single hit with medium speed. GoWIII has the classic version (BoA/BoC) for the double hit too (though not so hot against Zeus for the air grab tactic). It is slow unless it follows something (evade, s2, Hermes Rush, etc.). Similar to the launcher (Ascension) in that regard. GoWII nerfed it from being twice that of Plume to just being equal (to one Plume *GoWII made it and Spirit able to double hit, so they're potentially stronger than ever*) aside from removing the option to just evade into the fast one (and losing Hermes Rush altogether *great rapid movement technique that it was*).

GoWII improved on air s3 (light ender) in terms of usability. Not a lot changed with air normals otherwise. Specials are often shit, but sometimes good. They change a lot, but one that keeps coming back is CoC (and it is just awful unless you're fucking around *GoW:A actually made these specials alright to its credit*). LotF never came back after GoW1 (the instant full charge trick for air versions was neat). I already noted Hermes Rush (that goes for 'stomp' too, but it was more limited for uses). GoW1 had the Blades get a large amount of new normals during 'rage'. GoWII gave it some new specials, but the new normals were very limited. GoWIII made it the BoO (and pretty unwieldy among other things wrong with RoS).

Might was neat in GoW1 (though it could have used a damage buff for the ender). Could even string into Spirit from the fancy crap it does when holding the input. GoWII's version was more limited (didn't even have knockback *but could string into a move with that or a launcher*). GoWIII had a fruity flurry (that ends with GoWII's RotT s3). Just having the knockback on demand would have been better (even if it was only accessible after s2 or something). Wouldn't be necessary to dial-up Valor (s6) for the job.

Evade attacks didn't exist in GoW1 (unless you count Hermes Rush or the rigged up fast t1). Perhaps for the best since they're so often bad (and came at the cost of losing that fast t1 and fast T set-up). Doesn't have to be that way, but just is.

>knows a shitty machine like a PS4 can't run it as it should.

>hasn't seen Uncharted 4

The launcher (T *Ascension*) hasn't changed much between these other than in terms of damage (GoW1 was strong, the others are as weak as an s1). I can't remember if GoWIII's slow-mo pursue/rise had i-frames (I know a few entries removed that *before GoW:A messed it up more*).

Getting back to specials, CoC in GoWIII wasn't too terrible (even improved upon it with the mashing thing). Tartarus Rage in GoWII was super bad (OP as it was in CoO owed to how staggering moves were just too good in that title). GoWIII's ground version wasn't nearly so flashy, but much more fuctional (held input was good too). The air version letting you get stuck on some large targets/groups for far more hits was cute too.

Weapon Switch specials were mostly bad. GoW1's simple AA and AO were much more practical. GoWII just gave up the slot to Icarus Wings (which did well with the gift in IA *360 launcher with auto-rise* and IO *on-demand air knockback*). GoWII's 'offensive' was just awful on the ground. It was probably better than CoC in the air (but still mostly for dicking around *racking up hits at least served more combat purpose in fueling 'Inferno'*).

Nope. Not at all.
I liked GOW 1 and 2, the 3rd already was old and the prequel was useless.

Another GOW would have been too much, but this thing is even more of a bad move than anything. It looks more kino than TLOU...

Bitch i've seen the fucking thing. The graphic quality fluctuates like a ghost on crack just so the fucking thing can run smoothly as 30 fps or less. All the "oh so pretty scenery" can only be found on certain areas with no other activity so as to not eat up processing. Most of the game loooks like a 2010 game on max settings on pc.

The Blades of GoW1 had counters as part of its upgrade path. The counters were just instant access to enders (no i-frames added), but that was good utility. To consider the GoWII version would be more thinking of a Fleece ability than Blades, frankly. GoWIII is in a similar boat, but you upgrade the Blades to get these moves. Supposing they count, you get i-frames for Revenge (360 knockback *BoA*), Ram (knockback) Return (uniform projectile reflection and petrification reversal) and Rise (launcher). Ram and Rise were meh, but Return and Revenge have their place as alternatives to 'Hades Reverse' as a technique (even the parry has i-frames thanks to the Fleece).

Regarding wall combat, GoWIII improved upon our attack options during traversal (no Pegasus stuff *though not bad as a filler*), but was lacking in combat scenarios to make it worth having (they forgot this part being important *unlike GoW1*). Rope combat changed slightly with GoWII (GoWIII didn't change that much).

For being the same weapon (outside name and appearance), it changes plenty, I'd say. Just not always for the better. The damage modifiers in GoW1 were 1.0/1.5/2.0/3.0/4.0 (with CotG's BoA being 5.0) rather than 1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5/3.0.

>fed up
I wasn't. I just wanted to see it keep getting improved upon with the best moves with their best versions. Even Athena's Wrath could come back if it didn't conflict with (R),t. Also, if it wasn't shit (slow start-up, only one hit from a multi-hit shockwave, very low damage, can't cancel out of it, etc.).

I'm fine with the Blades being the signature weapon (primary tool). Naturally, being the same thing means a lot of similarity from iteration to iteration. GoW:A was dumb enough to pull the stunts it did with making an s4 variation as an ender (before getting enough meter to have access to the regular s4, then s5 and s6). This aside from robbing moves of hit properties without rage active (super foolish).

the fuck are you talking about?

nice meme

Also
>all sentences capitalized
Hello phone faggot

>/r/pcmasterrace
Hiw do you know what redditards post are like, do you go there often?

>simple hack'n'slash shit

>wanted change
I wanted a good GoW game. This isn't a GoW game at all. They lost sight of what made for a good entry, so they just made something else (and will probably fail at that too).

>without dodging
As in the evade? You can probably do without it in a lot of cases as you can go without block, grab and other aspects of combat (though taking away too much at once is unwise). GoW1 and GoWII both have highly exploitable i-frame antics to consider. You can block quite a bit (especially with parries in GoWII). Even have decent tanking options in both (though it might be harder to have it for each occasion in GoW1). You would still have the 'pursue'. I suppose the air evade with Hermes Boots is out, but Icarus Wings are fine. Air blocks are pretty capable. Still, there are times where it would be trouble to go without evasion for too long. That much is true.

Ares 2 would still likely prove a joke once you get in on him (just have to block and punish lightly *attack too much and he counters*). Having your back to the wall would prevent him from pushing you away. Don't want him at range or he gains unblockables. Ares 1 would be a problem were it not for Artemis Tricking (though you can block most of his moves anyway and even clear Hammertime with Ascension). His meteors would just be about standing in a particular spot and hopping (if not hitting him with a bolt right away). Still, there are times I don't see a way to prevail without some dodging. Just plenty of times you can do without (Pandora's Guardian is open to being beaten to death without the player needing to move much *but you would need to close the gap quickly and probably with an evade, really*).

It's a pretty shitty meme.

Why does every game these days want me to care about some snot nosed brat?
Getting sick of all these dadgames.

>will be decent
Even allowing for this, it won't be HnS (much less the GoW brand). I don't replay the game for spectacle.

>Most of the game loooks like a 2010 game on max settings on pc.

Lol

They've been forcing 'humanizing' on him for awhile now. Completely futile. Why do it anyway? He stands out more as the ass that he is.

>being that sonydrone

youtube.com/watch?v=3qnIgbp7BvA

You probably deluded yourself from this. it's ok, maybe one day sony will give you actual gameplay trailers.

>instigating this hard
This really is your containment zone isn't it?

You need to time parries and dodges perfectly as well as switching between the most effective weapons and pulling off the best combos you can depending on the enemy.

Unless youre playing on easy mode

>different time of day

You are the one instigating implying that any complain of the game comes from reddit or pcucks, also if you can't handle someone else opinion without speging out, maybe you should go back.

I know everyone generally likes GOWII best, but is III anyone's favorite? I can always go back to that one, especially now that it has a 60fps edition.

youtube.com/watch?v=0gJpvCXHKiw

>one dimensional in his rage
To be fair, Kratos was toyed by the gods since his childhood, add the fact that he is a Spartan pretty much justifies that he spends most of his time killing things while being pissed of.

>time parries
GoW is kind enough to not make timing very strict as it wouldn't be super precise at 30fps. Exception being the fuck-up that is GoW:A (high risk, low reward counters there).

NOTE: I-frame abuse is usually better, I feel. Still parrying petrification for a free Gorgon Rage is hard to argue with.

>timed dodges
Not that hard most of the time. Again, pretty relaxed about this stuff. Even a low skill player like me can usually do well in challenge runs without being tested too greatly.

>most effective weapons
I don't know about all that. You should be fine with whatever if you just learn the weapon (along with the foes and the environment). Generally people stick with the Blades (understandable), but sometimes that isn't the best call. GoW:A doesn't have alternatives unless you count WWs (in which case, Shield is the best *teams with your Blades very well to the point of being broken*). Artemis from GoW1 had the Homerun techniques for hard exploiting ring-outs (even where not intended) aside from i-frame abuse (to the point of AI breaking outside archers and bosses). Delayed block and lack of a parry hurt its appeal a little. At least it had good cancels (even for some specials *unlike the BoC*). Lacked a special moveset with rage, but still got the damage perk, hyper armor, defense increase, immunity to petrification, etc. I'll stop myself before droning on about all the weapons in the franchise for pros/cons.

The fact that the journalist solely talks about the story without referencing the gameplay is perfectly symbolic of video games """"""journalism"""""

if it gets good reviews I an open to giving it a shot

>combos
Usually a bad idea in the DMC sense (for style *showing off*). The system is better suited to 'quick kills'. Petrification is a means around high HP (when done right *unlike with GoS or GoW:A*). Ring-outs do well (when allowed). Environmental hazards and terrain oddities (higher/lower levels, chokepoints, etc.) are well worth consideration in a fight (just as much as the foes you're up against or your actual weapons, spells, etc.). Collisions tend to be helpful (much more so in GoW1/GoWII on higher settings). Grabs do some serious work (though nerfed little by little throughout the series). Why bother with a fancy approach when you can launch into OH redirect (slam dunking the enemy off a cliff)? Why not just air OS infinite a Minotaur Tormentor to death in just three moves (versus a long chip battle for their high HP)? Temple Sirens? Crush them (rather than deal with their evasiveness when trying to land melee *though perfectly reasonable that way too*).

>Easy
The setting where spells cost less (can do more damage if they're a Power % type), we have favorable stats (shit collisions in GoW1/GoWII though), foes barely attack (no need for AI abuse like on VH if they're just going to stand around), etc. Mostly about spamming normals (free to tank as much as you please).

>depending on enemy
True enough. Satyrs aren't very hard (just tough by GoW enemy standards *putting aside stupidly designed shit like the GoS Keres Wraiths*), but for those used to spamming light strings (or even depending on air juggles *regarding GoW1*), they'll slap you silly. 1v1 is just ground OS spam. If they have back-up, that becomes less viable (aside from the damage not being great outside GoWIII *still don't have i-frames during the mini-game*). Forced OH locks work wonders (when you can't ring-out, petrify, use collisions, etc.). Most will just magic spam them away (or rage).

no

Need to see more. The fact that they are changing what the game is, is a positive because I hate the original god of war series.

>tameemfags still trying to find ground to stand on after DMC4SE blew DmCDE the fuck out

Except Ascension tried to change things up, but they fucked up.

>Implying I like DmC
>Implying it isn't just GoW dropping the ball much harder then that reboot did
?Implying that nu GoW isn't shitting on old fans even harder than the atrocity of the DmC marketing
wew
sonygaf shill detected

>adding 'depth' to characters
What's wrong with not doing that? Why aren't games now happy with you playing as an absolute cunt?

what kind of sound does Kratos make?

NO

I like the new direction, but it's going to need way better combat than what little bit they showed us. Hopefully it's a work in progress because those melee hits looked weak and floaty as shit.

>GoWII is best
Indeed. Not for a quality story (though the presentation of cutscenes is fun). For the gameplay (combat). Something worth coming back to (though sub-weapons could stand to have more going for each than 2-3 moves that do well while the rest aren't worth using or are just bad *CoO and GoS both did well with their singular secondary tool to the point of being worthy of considering them full fledged primaries*).

While true, he does make a lot of his own problems (often with his 'solutions'). The guy seemed to enjoy his anger. Without someone to shift the blame on, he would just kill himself (as evidenced by the story *more than once*).

>How do fans of the series feel about this?

i am the physical embodiment of rage

>Cred Forums
>ever caring about god of war

No.

>Dad of War: My Wife's Son Edition

No, thanks

this

Kraton was always annoying and silly it was just fun to kick asses of everything in the Greek mythology and his character served good for pissing off everyone

for once the player's antics would match with the character as murdering innocents for hp you do not need is not out of the question for him

What is happening to gaming lately? If I want to watch a fucking movie I will watch a movie. Why are they shoving movies in video games with all the cinematic realism bullshit.

In a desperate attempt to be taken seriously but some people they are trying to ape an older medium that also was the most recent to gain respectability by certain old people.

As a fan of the franchise from the start and having beat 1,2 and 3 on God/Titan/Chaos respectively, Yes. Very much so.

Ascension was ok, but they were clearly running out of ideas. This is the best thing that could have happened.

Even if it ends up being shit, it would be better than feeling absolutely nothing like I would have if they had pumped out another sequel. Kinda like how I felt about playing DaS3.

Gow4 is the color splash/mgsurvive/umbrella corps of playstation games

>vanilla VH qualifications
It's a start. Not really saying much with so little though.

>okay
It was bad for a GoW game. CoO was boring, but this entry drove the will to play out of players (to extent series vets didn't want to play even the older games they enjoyed).

>running out of ideas
Shouldn't really be the case given Greek Myth still had plenty more for them to work with.

>best thing
>genre switch
You what?

>better than another proper entry
Nonsense.

What is happening to gaming lately? If I want to watch fucking paint dry I will watch paint dry. Why are they shoving JRPGs in video games with all the excessive grinding bullshit.

Is Ascension worth to give a try?
It's the online still with people?

>worth a try
Not especially.

>the multiplayer
To Hell with it. Shouldn't even bear the name (stand on its own).

>online still active
I don't believe so. Not at this point. You might have a chance if you arrange for a match with people on the official forum, but even that's a long shot.