Your GOTY when you turned 18

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_in_video_gaming#Notable_releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rapelay

i turned 18 this year
i don't know any good games this year

I forgot to mention, the game has to be released the same year you turned 18. So for me, Medieval 2 Total War was '06 when I turned 18.

Pikmin 3.

What's a better game?
This or the original Rome Total War?

Youngin' don't be shy, you're allowed on this imageboard now!

They're both very dated, but I preferred Medieval II just cause I'm a knightfag, but Rome had the better diversity in units.

Gunz the duel was the only game I was playing that year.

My first Total War was Medieval 2 but I'm a Romefag so Rome Total War was more fun for me lol.

Both are great
I prefer Medieval 2 because muh crusades and it has more varied mods

mh4u

Holy shit i remember gunz, do they have dedicated servers yet?

>Played Medieval 2 for three years until I discovered Stainless Steel
>Mfw

Fuck, what even came out in 2008? I remember 2007 had some great shit, but I don't remember much after that.

Super Mario Bros

no it's completely been dead for a long time

Fallout 3 :v)

gotta be this one. i lost my dog the day this came out because i was playing it on a big ass projector and my friend left the front door open.

Resident evil 2

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

cant remember the name but it was an arcade game and the enemy said "human, fight like a robot" I don't think any popular consoles were out when I turned 18. maybe some Texas instruments thing

Just played it this year. ; )

Yeah I'm old, fuck you.

Good choice, though.

2012 was a shit year desu

Skyrim? I graduated in 2011 so I forget

You are a dinosaur.

>2014
Dark Souls 2, I guess.

I had a lot of fun with it.

Vice City

MTW was better than both. M2TW is better than Rome though.

why are you still here

Dragon Age: Origins or MW2

>Arthas did nothing wrong

Rabi Ribi

I honest to god cannot choose, it was an amazing fucking year.

I'd been working for a little bit, had my own PC, bunch of consoles, regular LANS with mates.

>Vice City
>Metroid Prime
>Operation Flashpoint: Resistance
>Mafia
>Divine Divinity
>Shenmue 2
>Arx Fatalis
>Hitman 2
>Jet Set Radio Future
>Freedom Force
>Sly Cooper
>Kingdom Hearts
>Battlefield 1942
>Neverwinter Nights
>Age of Mythology
>Warcraft 3
>Splinter Cell
>Soldier of Fortune 2
>Morrowind
>Time Splitters 2
>Super Mario Sunshine
>NOLF 2

It's really no surprise I became a wizard, no pussy could ever hope to compete with that.

fucking based list..

remember when vidya was good?

It will only get worse from here.

What's your GOTY so far?

I didn't want to recall all these memories, user.
They still hurt.

Nier.

It's also my favorite game of last gen.

Technically, it came out when I was 17, but I didn't play it until the following year. It's still my favorite.

>Chessboard world map
Mah nigger.
You actually had to build your armies properly to defend your outer borders, instead of just plugging the most obvious entrances with a cheese army.

Pic related only good game from that year

The translation came 6 years later.

GTA 4
Fallout 3

Good taste. Terrible morals.

Either Demon's Souls or Uncharted 2
Probably Demon's Souls but I don't know, Uncharted 2's multiplayer on release was really fun

Bayonetta.

That was the year I built my first computer. Bought Splinter Cell, Hitman 2, BF1942 and MoHAA as my first games for it.

this thread is pretty much asking for bait

so here

>Same year as Shogun 2 Total War
>DXHR
>Dark Souls

I don't even like DaS and that shits on EYE.

I built mine a little bit before that, first games were Thief 2, Commandos 2 and Aliens vs Predator.

Fuck I miss those days.

way ahead of you there, i barely play any new games at all anymore. i actually get to still enjoy vidya, even if i don't play it that much

just finished deus ex 1 recently, it was pretty fucking based.

played mgs3 this year, one of the best games ever

uncharted 4 was good this year, if not short and dull near the end

a couple of games i wouldn't mind getting are off limits because of my shitty pc and denuvo

looking forward to dishonored 2, i'm certain that will be fun

looking forward to hating on mafia 3

Breh EYE shits of DaS because guess fucking what, EYE is a complete game and Dark Souls is just a half of the game. Get fucking triggered cucklord.
DXHR and Shogun were decent.

Same. It was simpler times, where all I had to worry about was getting my chores and homework done, so I could spend the rest of the day playing vidya.

Crysis.

Battlestations: Pacific

Fuck you I like it

And EYE was a convoluted plot with terrible UI and Da-
>DaS is just half a game
>Beat EYE in 15 hours versus DaS 30-35 hours

The one thing DaS has worth compliment is the open-world transition of no loading and connecting all the areas to one another.

>Wrecking everything with the Super Yamato
>IJN in general causing immense butthurt
>Ohka runs
>Midget submarine knife fights
>You could control the planes you launched
It had ALL the fun

Yeah I'd pick Stainless Steel over the new games any day.

AI did less retarded shit too

"Wake up and shine, free man, wake up and shine"

WoW BC
The Orange Box
Persona 3
Warhawk
Virtua Fighter 5
Super Mario Galaxy

Well i turned 18 in march, so as it seems its gonna be xenoverse 2 from the looks of it because literally nothing else interests me this year

Holy fuck 2005 was a terrible year...
Resident Evil 4, Civ 4 and Battlefield 2 were the only games decent that whole year.

This game surprised me at how much fun I had. It got me to not want to take breaks from playing video games, which was weird and unheard of for me at the time. I was worried I was getting bored of playing video games.

Oh and Shadow of the Colossus but I didn't play that until a year later

Digital Devil Saga came out in 2005 and that was pretty rad

It was 2010 and I was a depressed NEET playing JRPGs all day, so my guess is persona 4

No one's baiting and you've posted a good game.

Medieval ii had more features

Rome had better mechanics

Cav charges were more realistic in rome, pikes were more useful, more simple and effective attack animations for troops, unots didnt get stuck as easily and seige deployments were more lenient. Also you could use a diplomat multiple times a turn, change your faction heir, and have units go berzerker

Medieval ii had crusades, religion, castles, cannons and guns, cannons and guns on elephants, new world, merchants, and princesses

>Late 2012

Probably Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, though I may not have played that until 2013. Can't remember.

>Turned 18 in 2004

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_in_video_gaming#Notable_releases

2004 had some pretty good games senpai.

original rome total war

medieval 2 is nothing more just a meme.Evey single fucking neighbour attacks you for no fucking reason even if you are a ally

That's a good fucking list

fallout new vegas

2010/2011

tfw still a virgin

last of us?
rofl idiot kys

that's really disappointing, user

i don't begrudge your choice, but i hope you've played better games

nothing wrong with it t bh

also 2013 was a shit year all things considered

>2001
>Smash
>in the same year that gave us Black and White, Onimusha, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Oni, Paper Mario, Anachronox, Throne of Bhaal, Max Payne, Silent Hill 2, GTA III, Devil May Cry, Halo and Shadow Hearts

shit b8, m8

I really do love this one.

For once Cred Forums was actually right about a game being good.

Lots of replay value too.

I first went NCR and had a fairly generic and easy playthrough

Next time I went legion and had just about every NCR lawman after my ass. It was great.

only silent hill 2 comes close and hasnt been bettered since

I don't even have one, 2012 was such a shit year for me.
My 21st was better since my family all chipped in and surprised me with a PS4 and Bloodborne.

I didn't have any of the latest consoles, so I didn't play any of those games until years after.

Jedi outcast a close second. Didn't play battlefield due to shit internet and not wanting to play with bots.

>Rome had the better diversity in units.
This is completely false.
It had three roman factions with exactly the same units except 1 unique per(even worse, most of the units were different qualities of legionnaires), celtic factions with largely the same roster, greek factions with the same shit, and then egypt and carthage, and mixed factions like seleukia, and then completely gimped factions like numidia and parthia.

Medieval two had more flowing contrasts and european armies with largely similar units but even then they had much more uniques and differing rosters. it also had more different groups with western and eastern europe, scandinavian units, russians, byzanthium, turkey, egypt, moors, and even south american units. They also had some drastic differences in the city units.

Numerically and faction based M2 had the better diversity, and this gets even more one sided with the expansions.

We doing this?

Apart from a few shitty missions with a pointless lack of checkpoints, and the dreaded PISS FILTER, I loved everything about it. Still my favorite GTA and still fun to drive around in.

You're here forever

:^)

Deus ex hr was 2011 right? Yeah that one

Skyrim.

>1998
>MvC
>Final Fantasy Tactics
>Tenchu
>Freespace
>Parasite Eve
>Starcraft
>Dark Omen
>Unreal
>Fallout 2
>Grim Fandango
>RE: Director's Cut
>Halflife
>Baldur's Gate
>Suikoden II
>Shogo

Fuck, man, if I had to choose, probably Fallout 2 or FF: Tactics, just based on the amount of time spent on those.

"Wake up Mr Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes"

>getting presents from your family at 21

I wish I had a close family, my last gift from anyone was at the age of 7 until I met my girl.

Come on. I just finished this again, and after it's over, that's it. You can't do any fun stuff and exploring the map isn't fun, like in V and you can fly in planes and drive fast cars more than 3 blocks at a time and all the customization shit, and the CHILIAD MYSTERY hunting.

protip for IV tho- turn on "definition" in the graphics options, then go to display and turn all 3 settings up (brightness, contrast, saturation. or play around with these, i know a lot of people don't take saturation all the way up). then look up on google how to turn off the game's "bloom" because i can't remember (you have to edit a cfg file).

for V- get mods that turn off all the blur, motion blur, noise and chromatic aberration shit

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
still goty in my heart to this day

What came out this year that was good Cred Forums?

Same for me. I was pretty much unbeatable in multiplayer with this game.

Since my birthday is in april I'm just gonna include the full 12 months before it so, that'd be Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

It's still in my top 5 games ever so I'd say it was a pretty good year.

Dark messiah. Easily.

2014 was a pretty shit year, my GOTY was probably Sonic Generations if that even released that year.

Vanquish. Still my GOAT

C&C 3 and TF2

Fuck, there are so many great games from 2004.
I'll go with Metroid: Zero Mission, though Shadow Hearts Covenant is a close second.

could of sworn Generations was 2011

>exploring the map isn't fun, like in V

LA and its environs are terribly dull. IRL, video games, anywhere. Plus I prefer the challenge of driving NY-style streets.

For IV you can get CleanIV to remove the piss filter. Some of the ENB configs are better than ICEnhancer.

Probably

There's probably still a private server up.