It's Over. Our Dreams Are Ruined

CEO of the Pokémon Company confirms the NX is a Home Console/Handheld Hybrid

overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/pokemon_company_confirms_that_the_nintendo_nx_will_be_a_console_handheld_hybrid/1

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/130131/05.html
wired.com/2015/03/nintendo-nx-analysis/
ucreative.com/biz-features/behind-the-curve-how-older-tech-can-be-part-of-your-business-strategy/
arstechnica.com/gaming/2005/06/509/
engadget.com/2016/08/17/microsoft-aaron-greenberg-qa-project-scorpio-vr/
youtu.be/8Avdj_P-8SA?t=170
youtube.com/watch?v=lGaneyDfyls
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're a little late with this news buddy

That's a good thing dumbass

What gimmick sounds more appealing to you? Motion controls or a Console/Handheld Hybrid?

stop posting this same shit

Why? My dreams actually just started, I always wanted to play a Pokemon game on my TV.

reveal when?

A regular console and a regular handheld.

exactly, the nx have the power of a handhled with the resolution of a console.

Well considering it releases in literally 3 and 1/2 months it better be fucking soon. No idea what the fuck they're doing waiting.

What were your dreams, exactly?

le Gamecube 2

March is 3,5 months from now?

So the console and handheld departments join together to work full force on one single hardware so we keep getting games constantly and without droughts?

Oh no!!!!!!

this is exactly what I want

>It's Over. Our Dreams Are Ruined
Because I wanted to buy another shitty PC wannabe for a few overpriced titles.

Now I'm at least somewhat interested.

Wait, what happened to the winter release? Did they push it back? If so what about christmas release?

Then just don't get Nintendo systems, man. That hasn't been the case since the GC. It's been over a decade since then.

>What the title says:
The NX is a Home Console/Handheld Hybrid

>What I expected
"The NX is a Home Console/Handheld Hybrid"

>The actual quote:
“The NX is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device OR a hand-held device,”

>what your mom expected:
a good son
>what she got:
you

It releases in March, not December.

This.

As with the last dozen times this was posted, nothing is confirmed.

If they make an Animal Crossing for this console/handheld i would be so fucking happy

It's both handheld and home console, faggot. Stop deluding yourself.
That is literally what they mean with "changing"

But, this means my dreams of playing a mainline Pokemon game on my TV is coming true. I'll probably buy this when it comes out.

How about if Nintendo shows the fucking thing already.

What the fuck are they waiting? Until February?

>“The NX is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device OR a hand-held device,”
>"...OR ..."

Yeah, I'm sure this isn't going to be a fucking pain in the ass to dev for and definitely no concessions are going to be made on graphics/processing power for yet another meme gimmick.

Fucking PLEASE let it be a hybrid. I don't want to play handheld games at LITERAL forum avatar-tier dimensions anymore.

Who's dreams exactly? Seems like most people have been expecting this for a long time now.

The only thing that will dissapoint me is if it really is just a Tegra 1 in there. There is no hope of any serious level of third party support if that happens.

It's going to be a piece of shit. Call me when piracy is available for it and I'll think about buying depending on the games it has.

Good. This means that they can focus on a single console instead of having to spead out their effort across two different systems.
And they can revert to produce cheaper 720p games as it's technically a handheld.

Cant see the butthurt over this ye again

undred of shitpost threads every few hours

People saying Nintendo is doomed for months to come

But it's already better than the 3DS since it can play actual games.

You are retarded if you think they arent going at least 1080p, it's 2017

>Cheap games
>Nintendo
Do we live on the same plane of reality?

Who says there will be power differences between home and handheld games?

>change the concept of what it means to be a home console device OR a hand-held device

To me that sounds like it's neither but something else entirely. It's going to be a fucking phone isn't it?

But that's literally what I wanted.
Because it means a super high powered handheld device, and all of Nintendo's games on one platform.

It's nintendo.

Fuck off, tripfag.
Also, what is Pokémon Stadium, Stadium 2, Snap, Colosseum, XD, Poképark, Poképark 2, etc etc etc etc

"Last year we also started a project to integrate the architecture for our future platforms. What we mean by integrating platforms is not integrating handhelds devices and home consoles to make only one machine. What we are aiming at is to integrate the architecture to form a common basis for software development so that we can make software assets more transferrable, and operating systems and their build-in applications more portable, regardless of form factor or performance of each platform. They will also work to avoid software lineup shortages or software development delays which tend to happen just after the launch of new hardware." -Iwata

nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/130131/05.html

>1080p handheld

Whatever it is, you'll buy it anyway.

I mean you bought everything else.

When are they finally going to tell us more about this system?

All this secrecy and acting like they actually have something to hide will only make me more disappointed when they finally reveal it.
Unless there is some super sekrit hidden gimmick.

>since the GC
You mean since the Wii? GC was the last normal console that Nintendo did

Yes, I will wait and see what Iwata has to say before jumping to conclusion.

They've always said they're releasing in March. They're putting out that NES plug-and-play console for the holidays instead.

>our dreams
What dreams?

There is no way in hell Nintendo is going to push for 1080p gaming

The battery would drain in less than 1 hour

That's exactly what my post means, yours would mean the Wii was a normal system.

Apparently they don't want to reveal anything yet because something about companies stealing their ideas.

>What we mean by integrating platforms is not integrating handhelds devices and home consoles to make only one machine.

Iwata sniping Hybrid fags from his grave

Inclusive "or," not exclusive.

Stop posting this shitty clickbait, he never said "hybrid"

But that WAS my dream.

So I'm good.

The Wii WAS a normal system, it just had a couple new control inputs as well.

he's right : Since the wii nintendo is making console for mongolians.

>future platformS
>integrating platformS

That sounds like some bullshit PR statement. I don't expect anything really ground-breaking.

if the handheld is the console then there doesn't necessarily need to be a difference outside maybe the handheld having like a 720p while the console plugged in plays at 1080p. it would essentially be the wii u gamepad without the wii u part of it.

>wanting to pay for two Nintendo consoles instead of one to play Nintendo IPs

A handheld that can easily function as a console is fucking amazing.

It's actually a innovation that doesn't feel like a cheap gimmick and it fits Nintendo's style.
All Nintendo games will now be on one system.
Japan will be all over that shit and it might actually save consoles in Moonland.
It also won't compete with PS4 and Xbone directly.

Fuck yeah.

I don't see how this isn't both expected or a bad thing.

Nintendo was NEVER and will NEVER actually make a competing console with the current market. They are always going to make niche Nintendo-like solutions to the current climate.

If handheld nintendo games weren't the only reason to give a shit about nintendo I'd agree it's bad. But considering the 3ds has been the focus of most of their best development teams, and the franchises that lie there, this is nothing but a good thing.

Oh, so what, faggot? It's going to be Nintendo NX and Nintendo NX GO?
Or just a home console that will replace Wii U while the 6 year old 3DS is still running?
Or a handheld to replace the 3DS while the dead Wii U is still crawling and begging for death?

Pokemon Company confirms that the Nintendo NX will be a console/handheld hybrid

Well there is reasonable precedent for it. MS and Sony both copied their ideas with the Wii. They're probably just trying to stall that happening as much as possible if it does in fact happen at all.

drop date is 6 months away.

what are they doing, the wii was nothing like this. and they're releasing it after holidays. they're going to flop and this is BAD.

don't do this to me nintendo, you're my only hope

It doesn't entirely confirm that, though.

Even if it sounds a lot like that.

Yes, because we need 3 fucking consoles that are clones of each other.

Nintendo handhelds always release on March

It's going to be multiple devices in different sizes that all can run the same software.

How no one is capable of reading between the lines and understanding this more than 2 years after Iwata blatantly explained it's what they wanted to do is a true mystery to me

So when will the actual reveal take place?

How is that a bad thing?

f i v e
h o u r s

They won't flop for those reasons, though.

But they still might for others.

At this point there's nothing to stall. Both MS and Sony have announced their next consoles, if Nintendo revealed the NX right now the competition would have to wait about 5 years at the very least to announce a rip off.

Eternal five hours?

We'll see once they actually reveal it.
I don't think anyone would be able to copy them within 6 months, or would even try.

Also, Sony and MS probably know what the NX is long before we do.

isnt the other way around?

the power of a console on a handheld?

How do you know? Sounds excluive to me.

Yeah, that's a really stupid idea. That's why there's only one shape and size of machine available for PCs, Android and iOS devices.

Probably fucking never.

it's a hybrid though. unless they're focusing on the handheld side more.

it's scarring me...

like what?

He never explained it to be exactly that, though.

But it's a good take on it.

Why? They didn't have to wait that long to announce their Wii ripoffs.

>Nintendo was NEVER and will NEVER actually make a competing console with the current market. They are always going to make niche Nintendo-like solutions to the current climate.

^
^
^
When will you learn people? Why do you still expect a Nintendo console to be a powerhouse? That's not Nintendo's style.

What the fuck would Nintendo gain from jumping into this stupid PS4pro/Scorpio arms race? Nothing.

This, they are working on creating an OS like windows that all their future devices will use so that they can just develop games once and have them run anywhere.

>like what?

Like all the same reasons the Wii U flopped.

- People don't get it

- No advertisement.

- Overpriced

- Multiple SKUs and not recalling the unwanted ones

- Woefully unfinished firmware

- Severe software drought

- No discernible system identity or core audience

>Nintendo was NEVER

That's both nonsensical and untrue.

>reading comprehension

>It's actually a innovation

but you could do that with the PSP/Vita

Why is everyone so against the idea of a hybrid console? All of Nintendo's 1st party outputs on one console that would eliminate long software droughts, the guarantee of japanese 3rd party support that supported the 3DS. I see nothing bad about this unless you're all about teraflops.

Oh, I forgot

- Overpriced and late development kits

- Poor 3rd party relations

- Deliberate fell out of grace with gaming media

Yes he did. I've posted this so many times I don't understand how it isn't common knowledge now. I honestly think people don't want to believe it because it sounds like a good idea and they're so desperate for it to be some flop gimmick so they can have a big party about it sucking.

>“It will become important for us to accurately take advantage of what we have done with the Wii U architecture,” Iwata said. “It of course does not mean that we are going to use exactly the same architecture as Wii U, but we are going to create a system that can absorb the Wii U architecture adequately. When this happens, home consoles and handheld devices will no longer be completely different, and they will become like brothers in a family of systems.”

>In case anyone in the audience was thinking that what Iwata was discussing was the merging of home consoles and handhelds into one single successor device, he was quick to put the kibosh on that. “I am not sure if the form factor (the size and configuration of the hardware) will be integrated,” he said. “In contrast, the number of form factors might increase.”

>“Currently, we can only provide two form factors because if we had three or four different architectures, we would face serious shortages of software on every platform,” he said. But if Nintendo had one unified platform like Apple’s iOS, Iwata said, it could actually create more than just two different game machines each cycle. “To cite a specific case, Apple is able to release smart devices with various form factors one after another because there is one way of programming adopted by all platforms.”

>“Another example is Android. Though there are various models, Android does not face software shortages because there is one common way of programming on the Android platform that works with various models. The point is, Nintendo platforms should be like those two examples.”

wired.com/2015/03/nintendo-nx-analysis/

The PS Move and the Kinect were mere peripherals and they still took about 4 years to come out to the market. We're talking about full fledged consoles here.

>smartphones with screens smaller than handhelds uses 1080p

They also cost $599+

>We're talking about full fledged consoles here.
Not necessarily. We have no idea what aspect of the system Nintendo is worried about having copied.

And run out of battery life faster than a handheld gaming device.

I was hoping the recent wave of Nintendo's mediocre spin-offs would end, but if the NX really is a hybrid, then there's nothing stopping them (or any developer) from making nothing but half-assed handheld games and marketing them as console games.

>It's on the NX, so it still counts!

someone on my friends list just told me there will be a stream in 5 hours

when is this taking place

Where the hell do you live? Africa?

Suppose the NX's gimmick is being a hybrid with a unified home and handheld ecosystem like every rumor says: how the fuck are they gonna copy that without making a new console from scratch?

Console gaming is dying. This is the lowest hype console gaming has had since the beginning of the NES era. This is the best route Nintendo could have gone. Why make games for both handheld and console when they can make games for one platform.

Some Nintendo series have their main entries on the handheld and the spinoffs on thr console though. Like Pokemon.

NIntendo's Twitch.

You forgot the most important part:
>No games.
Mario and Zelda don't count, they're not bad but a company can't just rely on two tittles forever... Maybe Splatoon is the only one...

>the guarantee of japanese 3rd party support that supported the 3DS.

How can you be certain? What if development costs are too high or the userbase is too low?

>Console gaming is dying...
Wat...

Have you ever actually bought a current generation smartphone and used it to play games? I'm thinking the answer to this must be no.

People often don't pay $600 for them up front because they get deals and/or payment plans along with their phone contracts, but that is generally the cost of a brand new current gen iPhone or Galaxy, and playing games absolutely drains their battery life very fast.

JESUS CHRIST
Nobody wants a fucking gimmick console you filthy cuckold connoisseurs, how many generations until you finally get it?

Calm down you fucking spaz.

First off it's a clickbait article with a blatantly dishonest headline, he never said "hybrid."

Second they've literally only had one system with a "gimmick" underperform, and the one before it was one of the biggest successes the industry has ever seen.

How is this a gimmick?

You poor, poor nigger

We don't care about success in the industry here. Success in the industry means pandering to the pleb and that results in crappy games.

Well then get your story straight, goofball. You just said "nobody wants a fucking gimmick consoles, how many generations until you finally get it?"

It sounds like what you meant was "I don't want a fucking gimmick console" which is a rather different statement.

Yes. That's what I meant.

Am I the only one who is somehow with this guy. I feel like Nintendo can't do almost anything right.

Kids aren't as excited about console gaming as they were 20 years ago. I work in foster homes. Kids/teens really don't care. They use a phone or PC. Almost no mention of Wii U/Playstation/Xbox. There needs to be something to shake up the industry, it is far too expensive for it to just be a niche industry for console loyalists. Why even buy an Xbox when everything is available for PC, and PC prices are decreasing monthly. You can get a decent PC that plays anything for 500-600 now.

I have an LG G4. At launch it was $500+ without a phone plan through sprint. And I get about 3 hours MAX before I have to recharge when playing games.

So for the NX platorm architecture to work, the handheld NX device will have to be a either a 3 hour battery life PoS or a tablet (tablets get better battery life by nature of allowing for larger higher capacity batteries). Because if it's even twice as powerful as the 3DS it's going to gimp the ever loving shit out of every game for the platform.

>G4
>buying a dedicated bootloop machine
lmao

Not really, people were very excited when Ps4 and Xbone came out. Just look how well it went. People now is even excited for the Ps4Pro, which shouldn't be a big deal, but most people is very happy about it.

I'm confused.. Do people want a successor to the WiiU? Why would you want them to continue that piece of shit instead of bringing us another godlike handheld as the comment suggests?

>gimp the ever loving shit out of every game for the platform.
What... No.

Shhh. Let them shitpost. It is all they have.

>500-600 now
That's the problem, who is going to spend $500-$600 on that shit when you can get the games without having to build shit for $150-$300.

Protip: it's another gimmic machine meant for children and teens.

But the disgusting man children of Cred Forums will gobble that cock up.

Can we delete this thread?

This is great information, though I'm unsure if it confirms what you're saying as such.

He could be talking of consecutive systems, not coinciding ones.

The NX might still be something that is primarily a handheld, but with add-on components that make it function for home use.

Essentially making it a successor to the 3DS, that upgrades to a successor to the Wii U for only $80 more or something to that effect.

No one is going to accept this shit, mane.

I feel like I covered that with "severe software drought".

he'll make another in the minute. He made this thread 4 time already today.

If you think about it though, March is when a lot of people start getting their tax refunds. Besides that, others get their refunds in February and will be able to preorder the console.

Why exactly do Ninten"friends" want to deny that it is a hybrid anyway? Do they want to pay more money for two platforms instead of one?

>he doesn't want games to be for children and teens

maturegamerssuchasmyself.jpg

That was literally 5 years ago, nigger.

>Mario and Zelda don't count, they're not bad but a company can't just rely on two tittles forever.
everybody is doing it at the moment. ps4 only has soul clones, bones have a large collection of militarry cover shooters. the 3ds is a pokemon machine, and the vita is animuland. PC is land of mmos and shitty western rpgs. They all decided to share the market to avoid competition.

The innovation is that it's a system that actually has games.

This, That's why Microsoft is doing something similar. Making games for Windows 10 PC and turning the Xbox consoles into Steam Machines. The company still making consoles fully is Sony, because that's the only thing they can do. I can see Sony dying off eventually while Microsoft stays in the game because of PC and Nintendo staying in the game because of Mobile.

Cred Forums will, not even him but Cred Forums fucking loves Nintendo and sucks their cock constantly.

No denying, they are just cautious. Nothings set in stone at this point.

The things you're suggesting really don't fulfill the idea of having a "family of systems" in the way that platforms like iOS and Android do, which is what he explicitly says he wants for Nintendo.

None of these quotes completely confirm anything of course. Nothing will do that except an official announcement. But they are much better to go by than unsubstantiated rumors and articles with clickbait headlines lying about vague statements made by someone who isn't even a Nintendo employee.

LOL, how can it have the power of a console portably? You fucking idiot.

>Now you don't have to be close to the Wii U when you want to play video games while you shit!

Revolutionary as always, Nintendo.

The psp has games. It wasn't beating the DS for a lack of games until piracy killed it.

I guess some want to deny it because it isn't confirmed yet, but people who want to make fun of it pretend it has.

It's a "don't say that about my Ninty!"-thing.

CINCO HORAS

you're right on that, they might want to market heavily after Christmas to pick up whatever people would still be interested in it after going into debt buying Christmas presents.

You guys suck at reading and comprehension.

It's just weird because I see it as a good thing given I don't think Nintendo would ever put out even PS4 tier hardware, let alone pro or scorpio hw. They just don't care about power.

until?

>implying that's even a problem anymore

Hope you enjor your Samsung brand IEDs loaded to shit and back with undeleteable propietary Samsung apps that are worse in every way than free shit you can find on the store!

No one's denying it, you idiot. It clearly does not state this in the article and therefore to suggest that it does is retarded. Wait until we finally receive information and stop spreading bullshit.

by having better hardware.

Nobody should care about power. The triple A bullshit is killing videogames. Art style >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "realism" anyway.

>fully
Sony is pushing the whole "TV on console" model really hard, harder than ever with the pro and half its presentation being "watch the best of netflix and youtube on it" speech. Sure they aren't making toys or steam ports yet, but they are still trying to target some side demographics like everybody else.

Yeah, I know. I was being a memespouting jackass

>implying
Oneplus 3 master race, faggot.

I'm worried the more powerful hardware will snuff-out Japanese 3rd party support.

This means that there will be a huge quality gap in games.
3DS games currently have low budgets and most of the library plays like shit.

This is for:

So basically they pulling the same shit Microsoft pulled in 2013, right?

And? A console would still hold much more power, unless your handheld ended up costing $700. Just watch the NX being fucking 720p, and then hooking up that shit on a 4K TV. Nintendo is so far behind the times.

You may be right there. A lot of Japanese devs bit it after DS due to 3DS becoming more expensive to develop for. Every platform iteration seems to increase the cost of development, leading to fewer and fewer niche devs who can meet that level

Very true.

>family of systems

Could still be a hybrid, just one that played both Wii U and 3DS games natively, as well as it's own software.

Double backwards compatibility, that might help extend the life of both of the other systems for a little bit.

Kinda like what the DS did for the GBA, until it took off like crazy a year and a half later with the DS lite.

But yeah. We can specualte all day.

I'm certainly not against the idea of a handset and a home system with similar chipsets, using the same games.

Consoles don't support 4k.

They do now.

The alternative is hardly any games. Really most of the devs are on PSbone. Only a few Japanese devs remain with Nintendo

This is true, but it it always becomes easier to develop, the more power you have available, even if you're doing something simplistic or heavily stylized that isn't trying to push tech.

No they don't.

I am talking about hooking up the NX to a 4K TV, which is an sceneario possible in less than 2 years. Meanwhile Both Sony and MS are pushing for their consoles to at least do 4K video possible with their retarded mid gen consoles.

Their stated goals mean either the NX is a hybrid device or it's a family of devices with a unified core that allows one game to be played on any device. Either way the games will have to made for the lowest hardware spec. This means the games have to run and work well on what amounts to mobile phone components. So you won't be getting ground breaking visuals, physics, or AI. You'll basically ONCE AGAIN be stuck behind the curve in terms of gaming quality.

prove it loser

Depends on your definition of "support". They can display shit in 4K, not render game natively in 4K.

Unless maybe game that are graphically on par with undertale.

MS ain't doing gens anymore, only Sony.

Neither do TVs. Betting on the Olympics to make people switch didn't pay off as much as they wanted.

>3DS games currently have low budgets

Compared to what though?

Certainly not smart phone games, where most of the budget is spend on fancy ads, user aquisition, user retention, and monetization model research and upgrades.

>only Sony.
the ps4pro is shitting on gens system too. It's so much of a no-gen that it was only presented with ports.

>MS ain't doing gens anymore

Gens are not something you decide to do or not.

Most people still don;t have 4k tv's so it won't be an industry standard for a long time.

The NX will be a product family with universally compatible games. The handheld will be Vita tier and can be used as a controller for the home console variant which will run games natively 1080p 60fps.

Every single portable gaming device that gets released has better hardware than the generation before it. That's not fucking rocket science or a new development.

The Turbo Express was a portable TurboGrafx/PC-Engine that played literally the same game cards as the home system. The Game Gear was essentially a portable Master System. The Sega Nomad was a portable Genesis that played actual Genesis cartridges. Even the Vita is somewhere between a PS2 and a PS3.

Stop making yourself sound stupid.

Why are you so angry?

Still their retarded Scorpio will do 4K natively (and have like 20 FPS) the same with the PSpro (which will either upscale to 4K or do native 4K with 10fps).

Meanwhile the NX will neither do native 4K nor upscale to 4K and I will have to keep an old TV to play that shit or just take out my eyes at the wonders of 720p being displayed on a HDR 4K tv.

Yet they are doing a new gen with Scorpio. They are just retarded losers that don't want to admit they won't ever stop.

Compared to actual games.

I suggest you read about more ARM SoCs.

3DS was only weak because Nintendo was picking archaic parts and being complacent with it. If you look at modern ARMv8 hardware, we're officially facing a power creep right now.

I really hope it'll be something more interesting than just that.

Who the hell owns a 4k tv.

This thing is gonna be a handheld of some sort. Better to prepare yourself now than to be disappointed when they finally decide to reveal it.

You remind me of Nintendo back in 2004. Remember when HD TVs (720p) wasn't an standard and will not be an standard for over a decade?

NX is dead to me then.

Do you have a 4KTV?

>Compared to actual games.

That doesn't make any sense as a statement, user, and you know that.

Who the fuck doesn't?

>So you won't be getting ground breaking visuals, physics, or AI. You'll basically ONCE AGAIN be stuck behind the curve in terms of gaming quality.
This meme again.

ucreative.com/biz-features/behind-the-curve-how-older-tech-can-be-part-of-your-business-strategy/

NX will fail because it's a Japan centric console and the west doesn't care for handhelds anymore.

That was a different time and the average consumer isn't ready to switch to 4k yet.

Not him, but 4K TVs are starting to hit somewhat mainstream prices. I expect them to be in the "Affordable" range by next year.

Nintendo and ARM are [good friends].

I think and entirely ARM based Nintendo family of systems throughout the next decade would be a grand thing.

I'm not angry -- I'm tired of people shilling this product with the narrative of "it'll be as powerful as a console but its a portable". No, it won't. It will follow the same exact pattern as every other portable has, except it'll plug into your television.

By virtue of fitting into a portable form factor it cannot be as powerful as a console.

I have two. One in the living room and another one in the bedroom. They are incredibly cheap, user.

You guys do realize that it's going to be a home console and a handheld that play the same games, right? The console will have better performance, and the handheld will, of course, be portable. They'll be sold bundled but also individually. That way they only have to make one game for both. It isn't a hybrid. It's a system "family" like DS or Game Boy.

Some will want a handheld. Some will want as console. Nintendrones like me will get both.

Most people don't.

What are the chances that NX will play 3DS games on big tv? Im buying it on day 1 if it happens

Gens are decided by journalists, not the manufacturers

People who are complacent with the fact most broadcasts capped at 1080i.

do you have a single fact to back that up

>the west doesn't care for handhelds anymore.
You already saw this taking root with the 3DS, which sold fewer units in the US than the N64 did and was outsold by Japan for I think the first time ever.

if no news in the next 5 hours, the French leak was a lie.

Super low. They want to break away from the Wii/DS name/system, so they'll likely drop all BC with the 3DS. Makes sense if that "rumor" of Nintendo supporting the 3DS until 2018 is true.

The thing you have to keep in mind is the specific examples that he used, Android and iOS, and how he explicitly said "we should be like them." It's not just the "family of systems" statement but that he went out of his way to explain using two companies to illustrate what he was going for. The logical thing to do then is look at iOS and Android and say "how would a similar hardware strategy look if a console manufacturer was using it?"

The answer is that there would be multiple hardware devices all running the same OS and thus the same software. The possibility even exists that third party hardware developers would make their own versions. There could be an NX phone or even an NX tablet in addition to the NX mobile gaming device and the NX home console.

No, I can't say 100% this is what they're doing, obviously. But if you look at what was said in this meeting and just try to go with the most obvious interpretation it's clearly what comes out.

>Nintendo and ARM are [good friends].
Uhhh... okay.

That is the same fucking excuse, like literally the fucking same.

arstechnica.com/gaming/2005/06/509/

>penetration rate of HD tvs in 2005 in the US
>less than 10%
>2016
>Current penetration rate for 4K tvs
>somewhere near 10%

>The city of you and Nintendo

>monster hunter not stuck to a tiny ass screen with awful controls
>bad

Is this post true?

I don't want to believe, It feels like everyone has a 3DS where I live, south america

4k is a gimmick though because from where most people sit they can't tell the difference unless their tv is over 50 inches. 4k is for rich people.

Yeah just like the human eye can't see past 30fps :)

Pretty much All the rumors so far seem to make the NX incredibly appealing to Japanese gamers. The west doesn't care for "split controllers for local play everywhere" or "weak versions of big console title on the go".

>still stuck on a shitty company
lol

Come back to Sony, Monster Hunter, and while you are at it, go to PC, where you are meant to be played.

It happen with the Wii U as well. That option of a second screen was mostly a japanese feature where most households don't have more than 1 TV meanwhile in the US there are 2-3 TV per household.

He's right though.

Yes, it's accurate.

You guys know that the 3DS is 6 years old right?

Not him but he literally wasn't.

Yeah and the Human eye can't tell the difference between 480p and 720p either! You sound like a fucking Nintendrone from 2004.

Nintendo doesn't make MH you fucking retard.

New 3DS is a thing user

I'm not giving Nintendo my money. I want them to go third party and I will stick to that.

Emulation can't come sooner.

Yeah, everyone's expecting a handheld with a twist at this point.

Yes he was.

Most people don't sit right up in their TV's grill, so they won't notice 4k>1080p

They would notice 1080>480

Why the fuck would you want to play 240p games on big screen?

You are talking to 2 different people m8.

>I want them to go third party
Pretty much where I'm at, too.

It is, how do you reconcile the fact then that the 3DS capped at 60M while the DS on the same timeframe was well over 120M worldwide?

The handheld market in the west has been cannibalized by the phone and mobile games market.

He's been trained by Nintendo to accept only the worst.

>Proper 3DS emulation wont be a thing for years

But they are bribing Capcom to stay on their shitty gimped console.

I admit that is my face regarding monster hunter.

Citra can already run games, it's not that far off

Then why doesn't Sony "bribe" harder?

Apparently to Microsoft it is.

engadget.com/2016/08/17/microsoft-aaron-greenberg-qa-project-scorpio-vr/

Xbox consoles are Steam boxes now.

That isn't an argument considering Gameboy Micro and DSi.

Not him but I certainly don't, have no plans on buying one for a long time either.

Sony is too poor to afford it.

Starting a game is different than actually being able to play it.

>being this retarded

Enjoy God Eater, that's the best you'll ever get, sonigger.

So was the GB Color and the GBA Micro and the DSi.

Upscaled correctly there would be no issue.

Sony doesn't have the cash reserve that Nintendo has

How can it be a new gen if Xbox can play all of its games and will be able to play all of Xbox 2021 games?

Doesn't matter how much they say so, if Scorpio doesn't boot up with a default install of Windows and let you install Linux, it isn't a PC

How poor are you?

I'm only the original person, those are two people, I'm not even a sonygger. I don't own a Vita. No Monster Hunter no buy.

And no, I ain't buying a 240p machine for monster hunter. Its a principles thing.

Not even close. Upscaling from 720p to 1080p would be decent but rendering at 240p and upscaling to 1080p will be dogshit regardless of what kinda upscale algorithm you use.

Not if the NX bombs.

Yes, I'm aware of that. If games were fully playable I would have said it's now, instead of "not that far off." Note how I pointed out games can be run, not that they are fully playable. I'm glad we're on the same page now.

Plenty of games can do more than just start, by the way. They have glitches and issues, to be sure, but they run well past the title screen. It's good progress.

Being butthurt because someone is literate.

See

Not mainline Pokemon games

I guess the Playstation 2 wasn't a new gen either then since it could play all the ps1 games.

>I'm not buying a 240p machine to play MH

You realize the PSP's resolution was barely any higher, right?

Why did Freedom 3 sell so well?

What if it is?

*Xbox One

You bought a tv without any real support and now you're crying about it in a website for Chinese cartoons.

A lot of Wii U titles run 1080p native, including Smash Bros.

GB Color isn't the same as Micro or DSi. It was a very notable hardware upgrade with an extensive exclusive library.

Isn't Orre a canon region though?

I'm not a Sonygger though. I have a 3DS and a Vita. And honestly I play a lot more on my 3DS than I do on my Vita because of MH. I don't see why I'd be a Sonygger just because I'd want to play MH in a better resolution

Then I'm going to buy a skorpio and pirate a ton of PC games on it

>PSP game is still the highest selling
SONY ALWAYS WINS BABY

Not that you would understand, since you think its okay to play on a 240p machine in 20 fucking 16.

I was playing on higher resolution on the psp over 10 years ago.

That's backward compatibility dumbass, Xbox One and beyond have forward compatibility like a PC and Mobile platforms.

>having comparable resolution to a console over 10 years old is okay

Maybe one day you'll get some standards.

Microsoft doesn't get to decide. Only those demonic game journos

They don't decide what Sony or Nintendo does, they decide what they do.

Refer to the XRGB Framemeister and explain in detail how it fails at 240p->1080p upscaling.

>forward compatibility
lmaoing at these buzzwords

Canon doesn't mean mainline you large professor

The only 1080p games on Wii U that run native 1080p is Smash, the rest are ports from older systems.

Scorpio is gen 8
--a game journo

He plays da gaem for fun!

It means you can play all Xbox games on Scorpio and beyond on Xbox One genius.

What keeps them from being mainline games? They play pretty much like a mainline games.

How can it be gen 8 if I can play all of its games on Xbox One?

Because Xbone is also gen 8

>xbox one
Its called xbone, you niggerian shitlord.

Same way you did when the ps3 came out and you played ps2 games.

Whoops got it mixed up with gen 7.

It's called both Sony faggot.

At 18 fps

How is it ruined? It's an original concept. How is that bad?

So the PS2 can play PS3 games?

Yeah so original they fucking did it WITH THE SUPER GAMEBOY

>It's an original concept
You nintendrones love this.

I, and judging by wii u sales, many others don't like original concepts.

At that point you could probably get a Scorpio for a low price.

>Cred Forums - we don't like change

Read the thread.

New doesn't always mean better.

Then MS will release the Scorpio X and your investment will be for naught and you'll be back to 18 fps

>I, and judging by wii u sales, many others don't like original concepts.
>I don't like original concepts.
>I don't like original concepts.

It's not, Nintendo's home consoles been shit since the GameCube. It's about time they focused on their superior handheld division.

That was not a full console, but an adapter

The Wii U failed because of the name mostly, not because of the console itself.

I love change myself, I have a gaming PC, and all consoles, and the Wii U is the only one that feel like it's worth it this gen.

Sure, but new mean interesting opportunities. What is the point of a console that tries nothing new and just try to do what PC are doing for cheaper graphic and price wise. I prefer to have new experiences than old one with a coat of paint.

"gen" is a marketing term that just group all systems that were together for a period of time. Literally never had anything to do with tech, at all.

hey look, an edgy pinoy bragging about his daddy's spending.

I have a gaming PC and a PS3-4. The Wii U is the only console I feel its not worth getting this gen.

Drop the gimmicks and maybe then you will get a sale.

Not really, because you can then play all those games on the original Scorpio and decide whether or not to get the next Xbox and so on and so on.

I'm not him but how much of a retard do you have to be to just assume Nintendo will do some sort of miracle where they have a shit hardware on a handheld, a shit hardware on a console, but somehow they'll make something more powerful than both PS4/X1 inside the handheld? Why do you even have a computer instead of the power of a good gaming computer inside a mobile phone?

>gimmick
You mean interesting new ideas that allow it to not just be a worst PC?

You sound like Xerox when they thought the computer mouse would never sell because it's a gimmick.

Not overpriced != cheap

you dingus

>"split controllers for local play everywhere"
Not even gonna lie; if this was true and someone made a good exclusive fighting game for it I'd be there day 1.

>has a gaming PC
>thinks the PS4 is worthwhile
So you really like that Bloodborne, huh?

I was obviously joking, Jesus Christ.

then you sir, are whats wrong with gaming.

gaming is about gameplay, Nintendo has been trying out new ways to play games, however most people don't want to move out of their comfort zone and just want traditional controllers, where gameplay has technically speaking Peaked, thus one of the reasons why games have been moving to be story driven games isntead with so-so gameplay.

like it or not, Nintendo games are still mostly about the gameplay and nintendo is usually really good at using their own "gimmicks" however third parties still don't quite graps how to implement those features properly and dont even try that much because people just want the new set piece video game from Sony/MS, and I'm actually an Xbox fan who started playing video back in the Atari days but can appreciate what Nintendo has been doing for the past decades.

the mouse is a gimmick though, I only use it for gaming. Learn2keyboard shortcut and tabbing.

Its a good game. I was considering an Xbone now since their games are finally coming out. But the Scorpio announcement stopped me.

Not him, but for me Nintendo and Microsoft seems to be the only ones making games this gen and next. Sony seems so damn interested in TV and VR that's it's affecting their first party outings. Microsoft went out of their way to close down their entertainment studios and TV studios for Xbox and went to push for only game development on Xbox. Hell for VR they're just working with Oculus instead of making their own and pushing it as hard as Sony.

What the fuck you expected anyway?

To be fair Microsoft has been publishing plenty of second party games.

>then you sir,
>>>/reddit/

Then you, are the cancer killing gaming.

The last time I supported Nintendo consoles was with the gamecube.

And the last time I supported Nintendo handhelds was with the DS, which was a mistake on my part. The DS was trash.

True and that's fine, I'm just happy that their not making "cinematic experiences".

Sony is never about first party with a few exceptions like Naughty Dog's Uncharted and their cali studios' God of War. They always rely on third party to sell most of their consoles

Well, that make since then.

Well nintendo already fell for the 3d meme. How mad would you be if they fell for the curved screen meme too?

Sony has always been a platform for games. I don't think I even own a single sony game on my PS2, and I have 100 games for it.

They are barely about games in general. The games they push are narrative heavy and they have marketed the Vue more than anything else this gen.

It's all I do all day everyday until reveal.
Please hold me Cred Forums, I can't take it anymore.

>They always rely on third party to sell most of their consoles
Because they know that that's what actually sells consoles now.

It's alsmost as if they're a huge media conglomerate interested in selling other stuff and are (smartly) using a popular brand to push them.

The console/handheld idea is stupid. Having a gamepad with a screen affect the console bundle price. Nintendo should keep selling them individually but let console user play handheld exclusives. The vast majority of console users don't want portability.

EPICCCC

It's true and I wish people would see that. They even seem to get a free pass when they pull anti-consumer or anti-developer crap.

>our

fuck you op. v is not one person

>our

fuck you op

Lose hope

How exactly does that work? Will only certain games be portable? Will it need a stable connection to the main console? Does it have certain range, or does it have service to compensate?

My main console is a PS4, but god knows I'll ever fall for the PSPlus meme.

FUCKING this

It's funny because when Nintendo released the WiiU earlier than the PS4 and Xbone and when they announced the NX, everyone was crying how it's too soon for the gen to end, yet now they are praising Sony and MS because reasons.

>using a botnet browser
>clicking the X to close a tab
>going to fucking Reddit

That's false though people dont like having to buy a 3DS and a Wii U and would prefer it if they could have a single console they could place on the TV to have HD graphics.

This. I NEED animal crossing

But people are at arms about the PS4 Pro now, the Xbox One at least has forward compatibility to the Scorpio, so Xbone gamers won't have to be left behind.

>But people are at arms about the PS4 Pro now
Where?
Aside from Cred Forums being Cred Forums and shitting on everything, I don't see anything.

Why?

This.

Its finally time for Microsoft to become King. A new Age of gaming is upon us. Remember when the 360 was king, all the goty games we got?

It is literally over for Sony and Nintendo.

Whose dreams are ruined? This is exactly what we've been sking for since the Gamecube era

It uses a Tegra X2, it's very power efficient for how powerful it is and can do 1080p easy.

The problem is you'd want a 6000-9000mah battery to get 3DS tier battery on it.

And a battery of that size would cost Nintendo like $20.

I'm wondering if they'll bit the bullet after spending pennies on the 3DS batteries.

*asking

>we
I never asked for a sub 720p shit device.

All I wanted is a cheap machine to play ace attorney.

>people are complaining when PCs LITERALLY already can do this

Docks, eGPUs and automatic graphic configs would like to say hi!
From 2000.

Then buy a used DS you fucking autist

And thank god Nintendo doesn't cater to you, Retard

Anime isn't aired in 4k.
Why would I need a 4k TV?

We know. Get over it and move on. You bagel boy.

>It uses a Tegra X2
It's not using anything nvidia related.

I want to play NEW ace attorney games, you imbecile.

>creating games fro this new platform.

>fro

I literally don't know what you're crying about. Take it to mommy or reddit or wherever.

Yes it is.

>dreams are ruined

A combined effort and singular system with the best of the console and handheld Nintendo devs sounds like a fucking dream come true. Nintendos handheld market has always been a burgeoning success that, to this point, remains untoppled even against Sonys efforts.

yes

I don't get it

you are my mommy, Cred Forums

You little weeble wobble slob on my knob you dog.

This is exactly what I'm saying. Allow NX console owner to play both console and handheld games and sell the portable handheld thing individually.

The handheld unit will probably be 720p or less. The console unit will certain render 1080p.

Then go to your room and fap to neps, you've had a big day.

Hehehe that's gay nigga.

we don't know yet you FUCKING retard

Know the old saying "Where's there's smoke, there's fire"?

There isn't any smoke coming from NVIDIA. Any time people were expecting some new hint from NVIDIA, they have gotten nothing.

It's not gay as long as he doesn't lick the balls.

Our gamergate daughter is here, Cred Forums

I want them to keep the gamepad. I love the thing because it allow for so much more creativity.

>Rumor also has it that the Nintendo NX will be a cartridge based console
Why the fuck is Nintendo so fucking obsessed with cartridges?

Please Explain

You okay buddy?

what fucking game is that? is that some warioware or something?

They wouldn't be cartridges, they would be flash memory like the 3DS cards/SD cards

>It's not gay as long as he doesn't lick the balls

What the heck?

WHTA THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YOU RETARDED PIECE OF SHIT FORCED FAGGOT

>I was pretending to be retarded

Yep, Game & Wario.
Mode is called "Gamer". You play mini games on the gamepad while watching the TV so you don't get caught by the mom.

I love the gamepad because I can play vidya on the toilet and under my blanket.

Its flash memory. More durable than CDs, and faster too.

It's called "speculation" you fucking sperg

It's from Game & Wario. You play Wario Ware mini games on the gamepad, and on the TV you have this.

Your goal is to play video games as much as you can before Mommy catch you after bed time.

You lose if :
Mom catch you
Lose all your lives
Hide so much that you fall asleep
youtu.be/8Avdj_P-8SA?t=170

Nintendo always has a thing with speed and flash memory would only improve read times.

Same thing.

More difficult to hack, more durable, faster loading time
tl;dr DVDs are shit

>our dreams are ruined
>exactly what everyone with a brain wanted

???

It's cheaper and has higher performance.

They did the math and you didnt fuckboi.

I'd also like that Nintendo keep making games on the Wii U but it is very unlikely and making the NX portable will impact on the price/performance ratio of the system.

Blurays are more prone to breaking than SD cards.

The fact that they don't have not even 10% of the features and content a real Pokemon game has, or the fact that they don't feel like crafted shit you can make in a year as oppose to a new generation game that you can actually feel took a couple years to form.

this
I wouldn't buy another proprietary video game box. If it can be portable and create a new video game experience than a standard living room console, that's what'll make me buy it

They are still butthurt about Sony CD back in the golden age of videogames.

This suggests that the NX is probably a set of two systems.

The handheld system and the home console system.

Both of which are designed to be standalone but are also designed to interact with each other.

WHY CANT IT JUST BE A POWERFUL CONSOLE THAT I CAN PLUG A NORMAL CONTROLLER INTO SO I CAN PLAY SOME FUCKING GAMES?

What kind of clickbait is this?

He literally only said
>""change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a handheld device""

and somehow this 100% confirms the NX is a hybrid

It needs to be a handheld to get all the good games from Japan you retarded doggo

The article misspelled "for".

Who says its not?

Because most people already own a PS4, no reason to buy the same console twice.

I think you meant to say it needs to have a dumb gimmick because its not a nintendo console otherwise

>he doesn't want a wii-u power level handheld with good games and full television/multiplayer support

>wanting another wii u
lol one was bad enough

Dumb faggot

Most "hybrid" devices do a lot of shit and excel at none. Also, what's the point of being portable? Will people carry around smartphones and NXs?

>Make a powerful NX system
>Add a motherboard of the new handheld inside it
>Sell the new handheld individually
That's it. No tablet gamepad, nothing. Just a normal console that can play both games.

That's what it is? It's just that you can pick it up. And Nintendo does not race in the power race, they cant win when the PC and all the rest are doing it.

the nintendo vita and gamecube 2

>Also, what's the point of being portable?
1. So all their games are available on one platform
2. Japan

>Will people carry around smartphones and NXs?
Some people that already carry around a 3DS or Vita might.

Because if it was just a normal powerful console that you can plug in a normal cnotroler to play some games you would go and buy a PS or Xbox while saying that they already have games so there is no reason buy a normal console that needs to get games.

nah, im a PC user, id love to get a powerful nintendo console with actually worthwhile exclusives while playing all the multiplats on PC.

50% of the market in Japan is mobile because people spend 3-5 hours in trains and buses and they dont have time to play consoles at home.

Then you're the minority and Nintendo thinks you aren't worth being the main target demographic.

Honestly, im fine with this. I only hope it's powerful enough to still produce Wii-U level graphics or better.

Why does the 3DS have a shit library then?

Looking at Japan and their fads its why Nintendo has shitted the bed so hard. They need a global appeal and this is that approach.

An hybrid system would be a hazzle. Not to mention you'll be paying $60 for handheld games, games being touch-based only playable in "handheld" mode or whatever.

Only thing i can think about the hybrid console rumour being true, is that Pier Schneider at IGN is taking it like 100% confirmed, and that guy is not your modern clickbait journo.

An unified platform (smart devices, pc and the classic Ninty console) makes more sense than slapping a Wii and a DS together and call it a day.

Bro. Why powerful?

Fun fact : The Gameboy was made monochrome because it cost less and devs were already used to that style.

They could do a powerful console, but it's 100% useless. You really want a third clone console that play the same exact games as the Ps4 and Xbox One but just with a Nintendo logo in the front?

That's stupid.

>Powerful
>Console

Pick one.

Since this is also a handheld console, I wonder if the tv console component will be single player only. I suppose it's just going to be a giant controller with a screen like the sega nomad, and you just link it to the tv and hold the console in your hands instead of docking it.

What? Why would online not be a thing? You could simply plug the console into a "base" and it connect to your TV and online.

>Not to mention you'll be paying $60 for handheld games
Says who?

>games being touch-based only playable in "handheld" mode or whatever
The only games that did that on the DS were rhythm games and a few experiment titles like Meteos and Kirby Canvas Curse (which led to Rainbow Ride).

>An unified platform (smart devices, pc and the classic Ninty console) makes more sense than slapping a Wii and a DS together and call it a day.
No it wouldn't. They would have zero control over the smart phone and PC environments, not to mention you would have three companies getting cuts from their software sales. That's not even good business.

I meant local multiplayer on the same device.

I don't understand the issue, Nintendo will give you literally that.

Fuck, they gave you that the past two gens.

I dont see it either. You will probably be able to plug Wii U pro controllers and Wii controllers in.

Sounds like a disaster for third party developers and doesn't make sense considering reggie and iwatas statements

>Our dreams are over
But that's exactly what I wanted since the beginning.

best in thread.

This is how Nintendo makes it. The WiiU and 3DS were never meant to be two separate systems.

Consoles can no longer survive in a world of ubiquitous PC and tablet access. They must off what PC does not and what tablets cannot. They must offer both mobility, and hardware unity. Portability and buttons.

For Gaming to survive, the kid with the Nintendo in his backpack must become Great again. It cannot be a handheld only. He must hold the power of an entire console in his luggage, the better to BTFO the mobile shitters.

There must be ..... Gattai!

>No it wouldn't. They would have zero control over the smart phone and PC environments, not to mention you would have three companies getting cuts from their software sales. That's not even good business.

I meant something like Steam or Google Play. Look at the Wii U digital store. A lot of games there could be in a smartphone easily. It would be a Nintendo controlled enviroment spread accross platforms, with an emphasis in promoting the NX itself, who would be the only deviced allowed to play the entire catalog. They could release companion apps, put shit like Pokemon Go and Mario Run on a console, stream Directs to every person without needing Twitch or YouTube. Something like that.

They said they're leaving the Wii brand behind. Those controllers can't be compatible if they want to avoid a similar Wii/Wii U confusion.

;_;7
youtube.com/watch?v=lGaneyDfyls

Maybe I should give Underale a try.
All the OST I've heard sounds great.

It's pretty good. Dont watch anything and go blind. Overhyped and overhated. It's a great experience in general.

Just listen to Goat mom.

Oh man... Wow...

So this is how Nintendo bows out huh?

A desperate, half-bred attempt at a console-handheld hybrid?

Fitting I guess. Fitting but sad.

They're so out of tune with the world that they threw everything they had into THIS?

You mark my words and you mark them well:

Nintendo's next generation after NX will not be one of fanfare and childlike delight. It will be one of despair and jaded anguish. The mobile platform will serve Nintendo well for a few years, but the taste it leaves in their mouths (and yours) will be bitter and acrid.

So go ahead... Buy yourself an NX. What you're really buying is a front-row ticket to Nintendo's suicide. And then their funeral.

Me?

I'll be lurking in the wings with a cold grimace on my facade.

Laughing. Crying. Remembering.

Dude. We dont know shit. Also, people have been saying that Nintendo is doomed since the 80's. Everybody is on mobile.There is nothing wrong with it.

>I meant something like Steam or Google Play.
They can't compete with those stores, it's just not happening. Again, not smart business.

No, I'll be lurking in the wings behind the wings that you are lurking in! The wings you will be lurking in will be a part of the mainstream.

>graphical upgrade for Etrian Odyssey
muh

Control your autism.

>Console/Handheld Hybrid
>Our Dreams Are Ruined
Not mine at least, that's exactly what I wanted out of it

You cant play MOBA shit and minecraft with servers/mods/whatever on a console though, and that's what most PC "gamers" are into.

Why do people use ellipses instead of commas or semicolons?

what happens after that? does playstation fuse with xbox to fight for tears and sacrifice?

No one knows how to properly use commas or semicolons.

cause Nintendo has a thing for keeping costs down. Not for the consumer mind you but for themselves and devs so easier to work with hardware is a win win for them and devs making games for their consoles.

Also like others have said that if one wants power then pc can never really be beat which is why Nintendo has always been slightly to full fledged gimmicky with their shit.

it's a smart move, wii u is a disaster and the handheld market is shrinkin at enourmous speed.
MIght as well try to have one succesful console instead of two failed ones

MonHun and I'm selling my left nut for the NX

I did.

So nx reveal when?

That ain't the Scorpio.

October 27th.

If you care about power, you play multiplats on a good PC.
PS4 Pro is the ghetto alternative

Shitty CPU that bottlenecks the system and causes performance issues.

Verdict: Not powerful.

Handheld games have been superior to console gaming since a while ago anyway.

And then they say that public schools do not damage children.

I hope so too. Mon hun 3U on wii u was great and the 3ds versions felt crammed with that tiny ass screen.

sorry, i actually like fighting games and playing them with other people. let me know when fighting games on PC aren't complete ghost towns a week after release

>anime face
lol

You scared me a bit, I thought this was going to be actual bad news. We already basically knew this from the get-go.

This is probably the most cringeworthy fedora post I've read today. Surprised you didn't pull out your katana and teleport behind Reggie.

I'm just happy Monster Hunter 5 will finally have 2 real analog sticks.
I keep going back to 3U on Wii U just for the 2nd analog stick.

and because its the last monster hunter game that was actually good before they released the meme jumping gimmicks and the horrible new meme weapons.

Because they don't want another Wii U sized failure. The market can't support a third dumb down gaming PC, like you want.

>playing EO on a single screen

But what about my cartography fetish?

>don't feel like crafted shit
You're a tard.

Wouldn't be surprised. Monster Hunter, like Pokemon, seems to be trying new things to see what works and what doesn't. Probably was given the plan early on and knew that would have to adapt.

Trying new things is fine. You keep what works, improve the lackluster elements and drop everything else.

>implying they will drop anything
This is Monster Hunter, not pokemon. New addition stick to the core, save for underwater combat which was scrapped god knows why.

he is right you moron

>Super NES
>N64
>Gamecube

Probably difficult on handhelds.

>all dead last in the race
lol

I'd like to imagine this means it's gonna try something along the lines of the VMU, but that could easily be done with a 3DS.

desu I don't think there's really anything Nintendo can do in the home console market, at best they can make a souped-up Gamecube with proper online and basically be another Xbone or PS4. And from a market share perspective that didn't work well with the actual Gamecube.

Maybe I've just been on Cred Forums too long OK I objectively have been, but it seems like the console market is in its end days. Not immediately, mind, major console releases will still exist for a decade or so, but it seems like there's no real growth potential. I should be cheering this on, having multiple otherwise-similar machines with exclusive games is terrible when you think about it, but nostalgia dies hard I suppose.

Super nes won the 16 bit war N64 come in second

>it's another ambiguous quote taken as a confirmation episode

>winning against the Genesis
You are changing history as we know it, aren't you?

For a long time my favorite games tended to be either on PC or handhelds, this trend just intensified when whatever offbeat mid-budget games there were fell off of consoles.

I mean, can you imagine something like Phoenix Wright, back when it was that weird lawyer game, coming out as a full-fledged console release? At best the Wii got some Trauma Center games, because it was the underpowered gimmick console.

The semicolon is my grammarfu.

March is the second best time for game releases after holiday dude. Tax returns, start of financial year for a lot of companies, its great.

Genesis Sold 34m Super Nes 49m

How are people getting to 370+ light? What am I missing here?

I don't care, so long as the games are good and plentiful.
Which I'm worried about.

this is exactly how I feel. It'd be butt fucking retarded to third wheel the home console race

>500x300
I'd call that a screenshot for ants, but it's already double the size of the native screen res of the 3ds