Just picked this up, what am I in for?

Just picked this up, what am I in for?
Nier/Drakengard thread

feels

Feels.

You must play new game+ after you complete the game the first time, otherwise you won't get the full experience.

Nier automata will be the best game ever made

Sounds good. Does it hard reference the Drakengard games? Never played any of em.

Very, very shit combat

Tears
Do New Game+ more than once
You will know when to stop

"Nier you are the demons"
And then Nier was a zombie.

Any europoors here who played Drakengard 3 with the jap voices DLC? Can I buy it with a European credit card, or do I need to buy a US psn code and get a US psn account? (I have a US boxed copy)

I wouldn't buy any PS3 DLC at this point. They're likely to shut down the classic PSN servers soon enough.

Amazing story and the need to replace your soul. Gameplay is OK, just don't expect an action game, think of it like you're playing a JRPG instead.

Agreed.

You don't need to play any Drakengard game. You will miss a few references about the lore that don't really affect the story, but that's about it. You should play 1 and 3 too though, they're great.

Usually your card won't work in the US PSN, but you can use PayPal or search for code resellers for US PSN prepaids.

not really, there are events in the game that are tied into drakengard but it's nothing you won't understand by not playing the game. avoid nier/drakengard threads until after you've completed ending d
also this, the drakengard games are usually panned by people for being shit but they're some of my favourite games. if you can look past the somewhat monotonous gameplay you should have a great time.

do the majority of the side quests
they add so much to the overall feel of the game

spoilers in a couple minutes you should leave the thread

lookup a sidequest guide and skip the shitty ones

If you don't enjoy the game after the first half just drop it, the game might not be your cup of tea

Why, if I can still get it before they do it and just keep it on my HDD?
You can use paypal on PSN? Nice

Is the used PS3 copy of Nier also goes for like 200$ online where you live?

Madness

Got it for $17 friendo

No, it has a few references here and there, but nothing major

The story is pretty overrated.

The way everyone is written to be on perfectly equal moral ground after the twist is such a hamfisted way to elicit emotion, it reminds me of greentext posts that turn everything on its head to try and make the villain sympathetic.

Did you complete the quest? I did___

>

Feels. Lots of feels.
Always play the New Game +. The game is incomplete without it and the second run takes like 5 hours anyway.

I disagree, I don't think it was trying to elicit emotion, it was trying to make a point. And I never thought it was hamfisted, that's the principle on gray morality stories after all. Stories that reject the idea that there's a truth and a non-truth or good and evil. It's just about conflicting interests.

And it's not like the entire story depends on the "twist". I don't even consider it that important overall. There's a lot more going on than that.

>Nier Automata TGS footage
>shows off, for the first time, how the game actually plays when someone is PLAYING it, rather than trying to demonstrate its features
>the only headline any news site is running is gushing about the inclusion of Auto Mode

I know reviewers are bad at games but god damn