Why the fuck did she have to kill herself ??

Why the fuck did she have to kill herself ??

Other urls found in this thread:

encyclopediadramatica.se/Linkara
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because shes shit

fpbp

Because the new team doesn't understand how Camus Archetypes work.

That death scene was the hardest I laughed in the entire game.

Dark blue hair > Light blue hair

marth is gay

Wrong again, Smashfag.

who is that cute girl?

Dogshit > Light blue hair

Fates is the only fe I dropped halfway trough
I cant believe how shit the story is

Shock value.....horrible shock value at that.

It was almost as pointless as Elise dying but at least that made sense

Fucking this. At least hoshido was slightly more tolerable.

because you played the shit game instead of the better one

enlighten me with your "better one"

Indeed. Why would anyone buy Fates when they could be buying Shadow Dragon?

The non-shit route of the two main routes

Fire Emblem did Rem before it was cool?

Why did she have to kill herself?

That's what she was supposed to be?

Loyalty and if I worked with Caellach I'd kill myself too.

Daily reminder that if u dont romance rinkah ur playing the game wrong

That's what the tradition is.

And given how both of FE13's characters that were being dubbed Camus Archetypes acted completely the same as she did, it's pretty safe to say that modern IS doesn't understand them at all.

Lucina

Invisible Kingdom/Revelations

most of the characters survive except one but you can use a save editor and homebrew to make it so everyone survives even recruitable capturable minibosses

Shitty dlc

For what reason do you spoiler the people who have an interest for the FE series and probably share the same taste with you?

Igor is a fake and real Igor shows up at the end of P5 cus the JP VA died they just recycle old lines from the older personas

Goro is the traitor and shoots protagonist in the head then leaves the gun in his hand to make it look like suicide

>I have shit taste: the post

She has a shitty personality and she's a shitty unit. Step up your game.

Her friend was fucking a corpse

just use a save editor user
plot written deaths are garbage
you can use homebrew and a save editor called FEFTwiddler to revive plot-killed characters and recruit characters from other routes. and they surprisingly won't get you shadowbanned online.

your mom is shitty DLC
Dick Licking Cunt ;^)

She realized how superior her sister was and decided to remove herself.

>69
burned worse than Flora

It's one route of three. You could give the one of the fates of every character in the game and still not really spoil anything.

she's pretty hot

Son of a bitch!

How do I extract my save to use this? I've tried savedatafiler and when I try to load it on the editor it doesn't work

Hacking takes effort.

Why would you put effort into a game this fucking retarded?

the chapter0 chapter1 chapter3 files are what you should be opening, user
try JKSM instead
savedatafiler requires knowing titleids and JKSM is easier and allows you to name your backup folders and puts folders for each game. it's far more organized than SDF.

anyone with homebrew can do this. and FEFTwiddler is already out. no effort at all.

I stopped playing after the whole Rainbow Mage thing, like what even was that? I don't know if I'm missing something later on but that event felt so out of place I just gave up on an already dreadful story.

daily reminder that Rinkah has shit stats and would be a terrible mother and would give the fire tribe another female to rule them

The team read about her character, applied nipponese culture to it, thought it made sense and then had her kill herself without realizing the player won't have any of it. There's an actual reason I don't have time to type out, but it's buried behind implied information and supports only got in conquest/rev. So someone that plays birthright first, or even most people that play through conquest first, can't and won't understand why she offed herself. It's just shitty story telling.

felicia is true love, bitch is loyal as fuck

Stop attempting to viral.

Love her to death. Can't bring myself to marry anyone else.

When did Sigurd become a maid?

>There's an actual reason I don't have time to type out etc

I would quote the Nasty Cock Slut in response, but that would just backfire and put me under the gun.

You can get her in Conquest and Revelations but in Birthright you cannot. Just upgrade Fireball to level 3 in the castle and she will show up after 1 battle.

there was literally no reason for her to die and the way she died made me legit angry because holy fuck if that shit isn't cliche and stupid beyond everything

I don't think they're the same person, it's tough to differentiate them but Sigurd is definitely hotter.

Because, for all of the shit people will just say about the plot, she has severe self-worth issues. I mean I know the story is still shit but come on, people are just hating on it for the sake of hating on it by this point. People like that not acting rationally isn't totally unrealistic. Main issue is that you wouldn't really get that unless you go through her supports and Rev.

Now this bitch on the other hand, she is easily one of the worst written characters in the game. She had twice as many supports as almost everyone else and still manages to be shallow as fuck. But she's a moeblob so it's ok.

the only reason to bother with this is if you're playing birthright, you can recruit her in the other routes so who gives a shit

i think you mean Rainbow Sage and it's about the Fire Emblem in sword form and the other weapons held by the two princes and their retainers all containing the stones that resonate together to get a stronger Fire Emblem sword. if you do the third path, all the weapons will resonate to complete the entire Fire Emblem sword. the resonations allow you to fight final bosses in the plot

Rem is shit

Rainbow faggot was just an old fart who existed to give you some exposition and then die. He tells you about the fire emblem sword shit and how to get it.

Stop liking this game.

>I have to die or King Garon will kill my people!
>implying he wont do it anyway
>because he definitely didn't kill that one guy for following his orders to the fucking letter just because

Felicia is dumb as a sack of down syndrome bricks, but at least she isn't retarded like Flora.

Shit talking butler is better than both of retarded maids.
This is not up for debate.

How early can you get fireball level 3? I am not too into the castle building feature.

I refuse

>tfw my castle peaked at like #3 with minimal shilling

I deleted fates so I don't even know how much I dropped, never rotated my skills from the units there so it must be low

Why did ANYONE had to die in cutscenes? In the true route even?
The deaths are not even well made or sad.
Another reason why I prefered Awakening. I had such high hopes for Fates too

Chapter 19.

Even still, she's statistically way behind in every stat, and doesn't even have Tomebreaker yet. Even if you're gonna use her solely as a waifu, you still have a bunch of Gen 2 units, all of which will give superior caps to your moeblob daughteru.

ISIS hired a competent writer then tossed out like over half the shit he wrote and filled it with their own.
I was thinking this game would have a fantastic story and how good the setting is will continue to rub it in that my expectations will always be betrayed.

Scarlet's death is fine. Izana's is kinda rubbish but he was a bit character anyway. No one important actually dies.

I can't stand Awakening's boring-ass gameplay. The gameplay is what carries Fates (Conquest), and since Awakening doesn't have that it doesn't really have anything.

>Another reason why I prefered Awakening

>ISIS hired a competent writer
According to who? Who the fuck wrote this story? Who the hell is Shin Kibayashi?

And not to beat this horse, but this was still the guy who made the villain a one-dimensional blob monster from the start.

I was planning on it from the moment I saw her
but then Mozu showed up

Not him but Awakening managed to make me care. The only thing that was pulling my ass through Fates was Conquest's gameplay and I had to force myself through Birthright. While Fates has by far superior gameplay, Awakening is much more engaging.

Fates has better gameplay than Awakening, but Awakening had a better impact than Fates.

I played the fucking shit out of Awakening, yet Fates I haven't touched in months.

Discussion on it has died down significantly too. Maybe it was the access to piracy during the Japanese release that we didn't have during Awakening, but Fates' moment just seems to have come and gone.

HOW!?!?!? HOW DID THAT GAME MAKE YOU CARE?! IT IS LITERALLY THE EXACT SAME GAME AS FE14!!!

>I was thinking this game would have a fantastic story and how good the setting

Same here.
Fuck I dont know how many times I watched the trailers, I was genuinely hyped. Then I finally played it and couldnt even feel disappointment.
At least some of the characters made it worth the time.

Scarlet dies in a weird way too though.
What I mean is why make a important looking character if you are going to kill him? Especially in this game that lets you connect with them and learn more of their personality.

I'm inclined to disagree. It had a better story but let's not pretend that it was still anything decent. There's a reason why Awakening was considered to have the worst story prior to Fates, and RD before that. The only huge flaw Fates has compared to Awakening is the non-existent world building. Story is worse but again, Awakening's is still very bad itself. Characters are about even.

Awakening has your shitty waifu while Fates has a slightly less shitty version of your waifu. So no fucking shit you like Awakening more you spic faggot.

It was his first FE.

How was Scarlet important looking? She literally just tags along with Ryoma and that's about it. Is it because she isn't directly tied to the royals? Either way she's hardly important. She's also an MUsexual so there's that. Her death might be seen as pointless but compared to shit like the fish's deaths it wasn't really bad.

I'm not exactly sure. It just felt like it started off strong and not knowing what would happen to Plegia after you take down the mad king and that momentum was able to carry me past the dragging Valm section.

>It was his first FE.
No it was not. My first FE was 7.

FE 6 remake on 3ds when?

Also, why the hell are the supports in this game so damn bad? At least Awakening had some charming supports but these guys are all shit.
"Hey Effie, why do eat so much?"
"I will tell you next support convo."

Because you're reading the wrong supports. Just like Awakening, you have to go through a bunch of shit supports to find the decent ones.

>"DID AH TELL YA ABOUT MUH WYVERN MINERVA?"
>"HEY CHROM?! PIES!"

Scarlet was inoffensive, at the very least.

Sure, she's an MUsexual, so that's a given, but then Reina and Izana are in the same category as that, and they're obscenely jokey. She was also clearly supposed to be a Minerva reference that only went as far as just making her a Dracoknight and naming her "Red", but it was still inoffensive.

The offensive part is where she exists solely to die for shock value, nothing changes depending on MU being able to support with and marry her as opposed to Gunter having no supports at all, and then gets turned into a Yggdra Union reference in Rev Chapter 23.

Revelation is characters having retard join times with stats that ensure they can't even survive their own debut. The shitty Hoshidans cast isn't worth putting up with Rev's retardation and its awful second half

But then, Birthright isn't worth putting up with them either

I never had to go through any shit supports in between decent ones in the older FEs. Why the fuck do I have to now? Quantity =/= quantity, especially when all that extra quantity is made of cringe.

>I never had to go through any shit supports in between decent ones in the older FEs.
Don't pretend that the older games all had fantastic supports. That's just letting nostalgia cloud your judgement. They were better overall, but the main difference is that there weren't nearly as many supports. If you took each Fates character and left them with only 4 or 5 supports they'd look a bit better.

>How was Scarlet important looking

What I mean is that she doesnt look like your average faceless NPC.
And the way she dies, as well as some of the other characters, seemed really unecessary and forced. I would rather have them live to the end than just have lame death scenes during the game that barely adds nothing to the plot.
And in this series dying during battles has always been a possibility, so having them die during cutscenes instead is even dumber.

Yeah but supports weren't as important back then

Fire emblem is a shit series.

>If you took each Fates character and left them with only 4 or 5 supports they'd look a bit better.
But that's not what we have. What we have is a bunch of unnecessary excess of supports that go nowhere and expand nothing on the characters, and only serve to make me feel that they exist solely as cannon fodder and gene pools for the Gen 2 kids. I don't care about any of them as characters.

That doesn't matter here. They still existed in the same basic capacity.

Main issue with Awakening and Fates is that making everyone support with almost everyone else doesn't work because it saturates and overexposes them. If Sain had the same amount of supports people would get really sick of his "GOTTA GET THE GIRLS" gimmick very quickly. Or Florina's shy shrinking violet routine. Or Serra's wacky shenanigans.

Actually looking at all of the supports in Fates and Awakening, it's obvious that some supports simply have more effort put in them. That might not sound like it's saying much but again, if you cut out all but a handful of each character's best supports then it wouldn't be annoying.

Once again, that's not what we have. What we have in FE7 is characters having decent setups for their personalities that never reach the point of grating in normal dialogue, and supports that give decent conversation between select units.

In FE13, it's a bunch of joke characters given three conversations where they mine the same fucking jokes as their introductions towards units of the opposite gender, and then you get to choose which units fuck with who.

>it's obvious that some supports simply have more effort put in them
Even if that's true, I liken that to a person telling a child to butter a whole loaf of bread evenly. Some will be decent, but others will be a mess, and it's all because they decided to butter an entire loaf instead of just using a few slices.

To an extent that is what we have, we just have a lot more fluff we have to wade through to find them. That isn't me so much saying that the supports are all great even though as it is saying that they aren't all that far below the standard. FE7's characters are really not as great as people remember.

The loafs of bread that aren't buttered evenly don't mean that the decent ones don't exist.

That "fluff" is still making it a whole lot harder for me to appreciate, even respect the few decent supports that are in FE13, especially since at the very next moment, the character can immediately just devolve right back into shitty manzai, especially when every single support is concluded with an out-of-place, cringe-inducing marriage proposal.

>The loafs of bread that aren't buttered evenly don't mean that the decent ones don't exist.

It still makes it harder to see the decent ones when grouped up with a bunch of messy ones.

In what sense were they not as important?

>Sets herself on fire for no reason
>Jakob: "QUICK! SOMEONE GET SOME WATER!"
>In the middle of a fucking snowstorm

In that FEs before 13 didn't have a cringe-inducing story.

That isn't exactly the same as supports.

Also FE10 says hi.

>Azura and her fancy water dance magic nowhere to be seen either

ROY'S OUR BOY

FE10 never made me cringe. Not even in the one-line supports. Those just made me laugh.

In that respect, you could put it above FE9, which made me cringe at the Boyd/Titania support.

Micaiah and Sothe made me cringe. Granted it didn't have any supports to cringe at, which left many of the otherwise decent cast of FE9 feeling under-utilized with no payoff. In that way I hate FE10 more than Fates and Awakening. At least they didn't fuck up good characters.

>MUH BASE CONVOS
80% of which revolve around the same handful of characters.

>Micaiah and Sothe made me cringe
How?

>Granted it didn't have any supports to cringe at, which left many of the otherwise decent cast of FE9 feeling under-utilized with no payoff.

They didn't need to retread on an already developed cast. Sure, it would've been nice to have had supports, but I'm fine with the development they got in FE9.

>>MUH BASE CONVOS

And now you're putting words in my mouth.

Forced drama.

She's not the Camus of Fates, Xander is you dolt.

FE13 has proved it will try to make as many shitty sympathy ploys with as many characters as possible. All of them fail to realize what made the Camus Archetypes sympathetic. They don't need to be explicitly Camus to undermine him.

And don't even get me started on Xander.

Eh, sorry then, people tend to quickly go on about base convos so it's kind of expected. But as far as Micaiah, she was basically the prototype special snowflake protagonist prior to Robin/Kamui.

And the thing is that I feel like a lot of FE9's cast was only half-developed. For example Nephenee had a lot of room to grow more confident, but it never really happens. There are some characters that have development but only a select number who are particularly plot relevant.

>But as far as Micaiah, she was basically the prototype special snowflake protagonist prior to Robin/Kamui.

She's not even close to being an escapist character. She's just a protagonist that the game went overboard trying to make important to a story that should've been wrapped up in FE9.

>And the thing is that I feel like a lot of FE9's cast was only half-developed.
What?
>For example Nephenee had a lot of room to grow more confident, but it never really happens.
Why would you even be expecting that? She's not a plot-important character, and if you removed her insecurity about her accent, she'd be either bland, or completely interchangeable with Brom.

>There are some characters that have development but only a select number who are particularly plot relevant.

Welcome to Storytelling 101.

Muh honor and shame.

The what? Anyways if anyone actually cares I just got back home so I can type up an actual response.

First thing we have to establish is Flora essentially has zero self worth. This is from years of basically being ignored by her father, having her sister being favored/having more time spent on her(for being a better warrior/requiring more time from Gunther for being such a shit maid), and from basically taking on the burden of "political prisoner" by herself. There are several supports and myroom lines supporting this, such as: her Corrin S rank where she literally states she's useless if she's not a maid, her Japanese my room lines where she asks if you like her more than Felicia(this is while married mind you) and Flora/Felicia's A rank where she talks about her father always favoring Felicia.

So now that's out of the way lets talk about he allegiance to her tribe. Unlike Felicia, Flora actually gives a shit about her tribe, likely due to the fact that she's going to become the leader one day. In all 3 routes, her actions are due to the ice tribe. In birthright she fights in hopes that'll it'll prevent garon from wiping them out, in rev she sacrifices herself to buy the tribe time to go into hiding, and in conquest she's directly defending the tribe from Corrin. Outside of the tribe, she takes her role as big sister seriously, which is a further cause of insecurity when Flora can't do the one thing she feels is her duty(protecting Felicia). By fighting Corrin and co., she feels as if she's betrayed her family. Some of you may be wondering "why didn't she kill herself in the other two routes if betraying her family is what caused it", and it's because that isn't what caused it. It was a cause, but not THE cause. The real cause is fucking up the Ice tribe.

(1/2)

(2/2)

In birthright Kilma is mysteriously absent. In addition there are far less troops than conquest AND you have to drag them out of their homes in order to get more troops to attack. While Fates is a pile of shit when it comes to story telling, there is at least some instances of consistency between the plots. As such we have to assume(yeah there's that word) that she went home like in conquest and started a rebellion. Unlike conquest, Corrin wasn't there to put it down peacefully. Instead, the ice tribe was Cheve 2.0.. Kilma was put down and they likely lost a huge amount of soldiers. Given that the rebellion was kickstarted by Flora's return, she probably feels an immense amount of guilt and directly responsible for the event, which can somewhat be seen by how bothered flora is in Birthright.

So between her insecurities, and her failing every duty she put upon herself, she took the entirely (irr)rational path of self immolation

So now you're probably wondering "why was it the ice tribe could go into hiding in Rev but not Birthright?" Well one is that Rev is a pile of shit, but two Garon put a higher focus on stopping Corrin since he knew about Valla. This meant he didn't give a shit about pretending to care about the rebellions, this can be seen with Scarlet being in Hoshido instead of hanging from a noose.

>as far as Micaiah, she was basically the prototype special snowflake protagonist prior to Robin/Kamui

There were some totally unnecessary reveals about her, like being the true Apostle, and being crowned the ruler of Nohr even if Pelleas lives is pretty similar to Kamui being crowned the ruler of Not Zeal (though it does make sense that Azura would want to step back from that responsibility after everything she's been through-- but the writers themselves never actually acknowledge that because her feelings and motivations apparently don't matter) but she was a fallible protagonist who made mistakes and whose fuck ups are actually called out by the story and characters (cf. "it's ok Kamui, you wouldn't be you if you weren't a gullible moron whose messes we have to clean up").

And in the endgame, she's out of the picture entirely because Yune's taken her over and she has no say in things. Micaiah's more like a proto-Azura where the writers mishandle them by using them to prop up Kamui/Ike and they have to contend with godawful plot contrivances (BLOOD PACTS, bubble curses)

Worst part about the blood pact is that Michaiah has to tell Pelleas to go to the library and read a fucking book. Also, why was Izuka the only one to read the Begnion treaty? Why wouldn't the king has his military leader read it or you know read it yourself.

>Playing 3ds FEs for the story.
Sure I kinda enjoyed the future past, but the main one is even shitter than it's ever been.

>Endgame comes up with retired chapter 18 when they died due to dumb plot reasons.

I liked her C support with Niles

The china shop line triggers my autism but that was about it.

>The what?
Lewis Lovhaug.
encyclopediadramatica.se/Linkara

>wall of text

Look, I'm sure the people who pieced that together out of the nothing that FE14 gave them are to be commended for how willing they are to rationalize away their doubts. But the fact is that the only thing I saw out of Flora is that she's as much a loyal slave to MU as Gunter and her sister, and yet she kills herself because she feels shame for betraying MU and putting her own life before His Holy Righteousness Sieg Kaiser Kamui, and was too stupid to think of LYING to the MASS-MURDERING BLOB MONSTER when he ordered her to lead the GOOD GUYS into HER OWN HOME and tell HER OWN PEOPLE to fight AGAINST them. This isn't a question of self-worth or self-preservation, this is just sheer idiocy.

Hell, if we're prioritizing gameplay over story, you could've still kept Chapter 17 inside the Ice Tribe Village map! Just have it that Nohr's goons showed up to take over the village because they couldn't trust Flora, who indeed was bringing them all to her home to ask for Hoshido's protection against Nohr, and then she gets killed right as she's offering! I managed to figure that out the instant that braindead idiot set herself on fire!

>The china shop line triggers my autism
You're not Onmi, and you never will be. Fuck off.

>playing any FE for the story
I get that the 3DS games have really shitty stories but it isn't like the series is well-known for it's great stories. Best it has is Genealogy. Otherwise the stories are just kind of there. Not awful but not anything worth talking about.

How is Xander not a Camus? How is Xander a bad character?

I'm proud of Cred Forums today for not devolving into waifubanter

>Encyclopedia Dramtica

Thanks for indirectly allowing me to find pic related though

Looks like it will be good for a laugh

Who's Onmi?

There have been some good sub-arcs in the past, like the whole thing with the BK, Joshua's backstory.

Not them, but Camus didn't kill small children

Well it's not like Xander aimed to Kill Elise. She ran into his sword while he was midswing.

People were just hopeful that Fates might have something more to the story after complaints about Awakening's, with different paths like joining two different sides, or IS hiring a writer (whatever his writing skill is).

I know, I was being facetious.

I think the quality of the writing was given once they started with the peace-loving Hoshido, or the big bad Nohr

>WAAAAAH MEIN KAISER HOW DARE YOU ABANDON ME B-BAKA

>I DEMAND YOU FIGHT ME IN THIS DEFILEMENT OF THE IKE VS BLACK KNIGHT DUEL

>NO I DONT CARE IF ELISE KILLED HERSELF TO TELL ME HOW POINTLESS THIS IS, I HAVE TO DO IT BECAUSE ITS WHAT I WAS TOLD CAMUS WOULD DO EVEN THOUGH THAT'S COMPLETE BULLSHIT

>ALSO WHY AM I A PALADIN WHEN BEING MOUNTED COMPLETELY CLASHES WITH THE IKE VS BLACK KNIGHT IMAGE AND THE GAME KEEPS TRYING TO COMPENSATE BY GIVING ME A HERO SPRITE IN CUTSCENES

I guess it might help that I didn't really keep up with any hype. I tend to ignore games until they actually get released. Seems to work out for me to some extent.

I still find it funny how the most popular characters are in Nohr despite the obvious favoritism towards Hoshido.

The whole story was a clusterfuck without a single instance of good writing. There is absolutely nothing in this game that makes sense.
It would be weird if she didn't kill herself.

I don't really see how it is supposed to be Ike vs. Black Knight other than the fact that it has a knight and a protagonist. PoR didn't invent one on one fights. And you do know that characters don't have to fit 100 percent into their archetypes right?

Fates came out over a year ago anyone who cares about it should have already played it.

Xander is a terrible character, do you actually think he's well written?

he's at least better than Ryoma

No one was talking about Ryoma, stop deflecting onto other characters.

>And you do know that characters don't have to fit 100 percent into their archetypes right?

When you're designing a character that's so obviously inspired by Camus, you have to show respect to that archetype. Otherwise, you end up damaging him and all who follow that archetype by association, just like how Lon'qu damaged Navarre's refusal to fight women by being cartoonishly scared of them.

Xanderfags deflecting to Ryoma are the worst

It's like saying "YEAH BUT WHAT ABOUT JOHN WAYNE GACY" when someone says that Ted Bundy guy was a real asshole

Anyone who deflects is the worst. It just means that you can't admit that your favorite character is written horribly and you have to bring someone completely unrelated to the conversation to try and "save" your favorite character.

>being triggered over spoilers of an old game
faggot

He's not a highlight of a franchise by any means but I think he's pretty good, OK at worst. He obviously has internal conflict between Garon and you. He also knows that his father isn't really a good man and that his acts seem to have gotten more and more cruel but he doesn't want to admit it.

>It's like saying "YEAH BUT WHAT ABOUT JOHN WAYNE GACY" when someone says that Ted Bundy guy was a real asshole
>implying either of those were bad

tumblr plz go

Outside of Oboro there wasn't anybody great in Hoshido.

He did that because he was crown prince, because Nohr was being invaded he had to die so that Leo could rule Nohr afterwards.
If he had just surrendered or joined with the Hosidan army there would be large scale unrest.

It only came out 4 months ago in Yurop

So if I defend an anime because its execution of a shitty anime cliche is better than Sword Art Online...?

Is it me or does this sentence not make any sense.

Shirou is the son of the red man

then it's either too bad or you're too stupid to defend it on its own merits

Deflection just shows desperation.

>Outside of Oboro there wasn't anybody great in Hoshido.
Writing-wise, I liked Oboro and Saizo the best. They must be the Hoshido characters that show the widest array of emotions.

I'd agree on Oboro and Saizo. Azama and Orochi were alright too. Everyone else was just kind of there.

>One side is called "Birthright"
>Hoshidan siblings claim to be your true family
>"Oh no wait I got this letter from our mom see it says 'we're not related' so it's okay for me to fuck you."
>"Ryoma? Yeah he knew this all along."
>"He won't tell you unless you fuck him or one of us though. Ever."

Japs are homewrecking monsters.

>If he had just surrendered or joined with the Hosidan army there would be large scale unrest

Larger than the unrest his one-dimensionally evil blob monster dad is causing by insisting on invading Hoshido and showing absolutely no personality or sense whatsoever? Even though his other, equally-beloved siblings have already sided with MU just fine, and both the genuinely malicious Hans and Iago are dead?

When Camus fought to defend Grust, it was to fight alongside his comrades in their attempt to protect an ill and aging king from an invading force seeking to break the most omnipresent military force in a years long conflict. As he says: "But what sort of knight abandons his kingdom- his king!- now, when they need him the most? Would you have me toss away the life I have built as if it meant nothing at all?”

With Xander, he's trying to defend a one-dimensionally evil blob monster from being killed by a self-righteous-yet-totally-justified counter-offensive because that blob monster insists on causing nothing but harm to both countries in the name of making himself king over both of them.

I liked Hana as my favorite character in the game. Though I can't exactly reason why...

But that did cause unrest. You go out several times to suppress threats of rebellion. And when you fight Xander, he doesn't know that Garon is a blob monster. To him that's still his dad, even if he has gone a bit more mad in the past few days.

Technically they're step siblings, assuming Mikoto and Sumiragi were married beforehand

But still, you're right

Why couldn't Fates have taken the Jugdral FE games example with how they handled Thracia being a similar scenario?

I never used Saizo, I tried using Kaze as my theif until the event, then used Kagero as they were both underlevelled bt she seemed like she'd have an easier time catching up. Wasn't expecting such a high str growth from her though

I did like that Hanna was a jerk to Tsubaki.
Helped that she was really strong as a unit, even if she was also really squishy, especially with life or death.

The alternative was to be in Fire Emblem Fates longer.

>But that did cause unrest. You go out several times to suppress threats of rebellion

What?

>And when you fight Xander, he doesn't know that Garon is a blob monster. To him that's still his dad, even if he has gone a bit more mad in the past few days.

Again, his siblings ended up defecting just fine, even if it was their fucking dad. They decided that they oh-so-holy Sieg Kaiser Kamui was more important to them than their father, and yet Xander can't do that for whatever reason? Hell, at the very least, either Xander could've stopped when Elise killed herself to stop them from fighting, or they could've just tried at least once together to reason with Garon instead of trying to kill each other! Even fucking Eltosian ended up trying to reason with Shagall when he faced the reality of having to fight his own damn sister! You could've at least kept the scene the way it was by having MU use his stupid magical power to wage entire battles without killing a single person that he uses over and over again in Nohr Mode to spare Xander in the fight! ANYTHING other than insisting that this moron is a Camus only to have him act no better than that TsunderAngst Monster Takumi!

There's also the small bits of character moments that show Ryoma is a horrible sibling to Corrin

>If you choose Birthright Xander will try to argue the case for his side before attacking you
>Ryoma only steps in when Xander almost killed you
>If you choose Conquest Ryoma instantly attacks you
>Xander steps in and defends you straight away

>Ryoma chapter in Conquest
>Demands you 1v1 him, Xander's having none of that but Iago and Garon are there too so it's a lose-lose situation if he tries anything

>Xander chapter in Birthright
>Ryoma just sits there and watches you get slapped 7 ways to Sunday by Xander
>Only steps in when Laslow and Peri arrive after Elise gets split in half which makes Xander give up on the fight altogether

Xander may be a retard. But at least his heart is in the right place as a brother.

Ryoma is a manipulative cunt.

Still don't have an answer to this.

Ryoma wasn't there in the scene you choose conquest

Ryoma offers help when you face Xander but Corrin says no.

Xander also threatens to kill Corrin even if you are on his side but lets just forget about that.

>Ryoma is a manipulative cunt.
Don't forget how he knows you aren't blood related to the Hoshido siblings either but still refers to them as your REAL family to trick you into siding with them.

Do you think the next FE will just be one game again? I hope not, cause, it'll probably be easy (or artificially difficult on Lunatic) and have bland maps like Birthright/Awakening so as not to upset the huge crowd of shitters Awakening drew in, and the story will probably be just as bad as it was in Awakening and Fates too.

Dude, it's fine if you like Xander more. I like Xander more, even if he is the second dumbest character in the game after Flora. Well-groomed knight always looks better to me than an anime-haired samurai.

>when the guy I like does it it's ok

Does what?

In Conquest you go to the ice village and Cheve because you hear they are plotting rebellion. This means that Garon was causing unrest

The other royals weren't the first born so they have a lot more leeway. The reason why he continues the fight is so that he doesn't have to live with the guilt of killing Elise.

Be's a bad character.

This is the most autistic thing ive read all day. Calm down.

The cg right before shows them at about an equal distance away from each other and like 5 feet away from you

You mean like every other character in this game?

he's not there

The Cgs are poorly made

>Takumi at the port in conquest
>He pulls out his bow and rants at you in talking distance surrounded by hoshidan troops
>Game cuts back and he's on the other side of the map by himself

>In Conquest you go to the ice village and Cheve because you hear they are plotting rebellion. This means that Garon was causing unrest
So you support my point, then?

>The other royals weren't the first born so they have a lot more leeway.

Common sense isn't exclusive to being younger. Hell, Xander should've noticed when Garon started being a blob monster instead of a human if he knew him for that long.

>The reason why he continues the fight is so that he doesn't have to live with the guilt of killing Elise.

Wow, what a fucking baby. Glad to know that the Camus Archetype has now become synonymous with "dumbass who's incapable of committing suicide without someone else to do it for him". Just fall on your fucking sword, you retard. Or at the very least, don't fight back.

Don't forget that Xander knew Corn wasn't their real sibling and was content to lie to them their whole life

He's only saved from skeezy "we're not actually blood related" confessions in the S support because they find out the truth elsewhere

Exactly. Just admit that you like the visual aesthetic he has. Nothing wrong with liking a couple of the character designs in this game.

I don't know what you're talking about but okay.

That's the scene where he's running in to save you m8.

>I don't know what you're talking about
Defending a character from what's obviously a troll observation. Nobody is going to honestly assume Ryoma is an abusive sibling unless they're making jokes.

Posting best Paladin.

Sacred Stones was easy as fuck, but I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than then recent ones.

Despite what this thread might tell you, most of Cred Forums actually loves Awakening.

He's not running in the screen shot. He starts running immediately afterwards

The only reason why it looks like he's letting you get beat up is because the paladin attack animation is more than one strike.

I didn't think something this trivial and minuscule would be used to attack a character but here we are.

that's because character animations are stilted as fuck in cut scenes

Which I cannot understand for the life of me. That game was literally Mass Effect 3 again in terms of writing. Do people just not care if a game is worse as long as the gameplay isn't a fucking cover-based shooter? But then why do people like Human Revolution when it's just as blatantly a cover-based shooter?

that's literally the split second he starts running, it's hard to make the animation start off as running

Excuses excuses

whatever you say

B-But the waifus and funny meme characters like Henry

>ITT: People take joke observations seriously

>muh archetypes
Go back to /feg/. They didn't exit till after Kaga left because IS has always been shitty writers.

Maybe you should consider looking into why people like or don't like one game over the other.

Literally what does that statement have to do with anything?

>They didn't exit till after Kaga left

Your autistic rants because you think a character ruined muh camus.

You're saying that people loved Mass Effect 3 completely until the ending happened?

...I'd believe it.

was it canon?

It's making him look bad by association. I'm not saying it "ruined" him. The only way they could do that was if FE11 had succumbed to the habits FE12 did by making him recruitable if he was spared.

Also, your bitching about archetypes still has nothing to do with that.

>I can't enjoy a character because another character ruined him
Sonic's arms aren't blue

No user, you are the autist.

So is she a sub or a dom?

You did save him right?

I was married to him by Chapter 10 desu

whatever you want her to be

I saved the one who mattered.

Yes. His gigantic Res made him an invaluable mage killer in lategame Lunatic, and the broken-ass Shuriken debuffs were also nice against a lot of enemies. One of my most important units desu

>tfw Tumblr writes better supports than IS themselves

Their S-rank convo in the same-sex patch was pretty decent.

She just wanted to drive home the fact that you screwed up by siding with weebs.

Can you blame her?

>tumblrs flora s rank with corrin
>half of it is corrin acting surprised Flora was a political prisoner
>other half is incoherent, OoC rage

I'm disappointed you never got to play as Rinkah's father or the Ice tribe father dude.

Having Fuga and the other two hanging out would be sweet.

Nice trips.

I wouldn't say that but I can see why people would give it some leeway even though I hated the fuck out of that game. Same goes for Awakening, I hated it but I can see why people might have enjoyed it even if they're played better. It's not necessarily a completely shitty game with irredeemable qualities.

And we get derailed by waifu pic dumps. Fucking typical.

Because she is in a fucking zombie franchise

Maybe, but what I took out of playing FE13, as someone who has played every other game in the series, is that it's just Fire Emblem, but with a team that completely fails to understand what made the series good, from the awful writing, to the zergrush gameplay, to the hyperfetishized characters.

>playing the other routes after marrying her in Birthright

Why? She just wanted her armor to look fabulous.

Should FE have died a hero rather than lived to see itself become a villain?

What is the name of the purple haired titty monster that wants to give you milk or whatever. I masturbate to her constantly and I've never played a single fire emblem game.

Corrin in Smash made me not buy Fates

Fuck its an awful design. The moveset on paper is cool but everything else is shit

>turns into an ebin drago
>can fire big water balls
>FEET FEET
>armour from a reject shonen

You don't need to know her name to look for rule34, dumbass.

So will the NX Fire emblem actually go back to the series's roots?

But I do. It's hard to find otherwise. I don't even know what game she's in to narrow it down.

My nigga

>Shadow Dragon 2.0
I hope not.

Oh no, someone has original moves in a smash game where half of them are made up in the first place

Female Lucina.

But Shura-skinned boots are the finest and comfiest in the land.

But Shadow Dragon is good, fool

I like the moveset but the physical design is a massive turn off

Dude, just ask for a picdump over on /feg/. Stop baiting for one here.

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

NO

Welcome to anime hell fucker, the only way is down.

I guess this is a good thread to ask but is this anywhere as good as people make it out to be?

Only way to find out is to play it yourself. Don't let anyone affect your judgement.

Hahahaha.... HAhahahahahahahahahahah! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be if it got a decent translation.

You know you can still have a conversation while other people are posting images right, you cynical tard

On a scale of 1-10, how much did she trigger you?

Project Naga's supposed to be working on it, take that as you will.

The translation it's got is servicable. If there are any problems, they can use Serenesforest's transcript.

Though I will admit that it's shit.

Not if the posts are crowded out by waifu pics and people dumping more of them to masturbate over.

Depends on what exactly is being triggered.

Also it's canon

Her intro dialogue made me cringe then I forgot about her for the rest of the game.

Yes fates please give me this gimped Cavalier then give me Xander again a few chapters later.

>take that as you will

Hm?

It's heavily overrated by people who were pissed off at how easy Awakening was and still believe the "FE5 is the hardest game in the series" meme.

If you like FE, you'll probably enjoy it, but don't expect some amazing FE game. There's a reason so many of its features never returned or were implemented completely differently in all subsequent FE games.

Also as a word of warning, it legitimately has the worst case of RNG in the series. If you fail a chapter, don't be surprised if the next time you try it that enemy stats fluctuate by as much as 5 points and they also gain movement.

some people weren't wild about the new FE4 translation, but that might have more to do with the project leader being a tool

Frankly, judging from these threads it feels like every game is overrated and FE was never great.

Huh. I haven't really been keeping up to date with anything about it, but I thought the old one was pretty bad. What were the complaints about the new one/the project leader?

>nuFire Emblem

All FE games are honestly about on par with each other, which is why there's so much stupid in-fighting. The only games in the series that are really bad are FE1, 2, and 3 since they haven't aged well and FE11 since it has lots of design problems for a modern FE game. Every other FE game is enjoyable and certainly worth playing.

>FE3 is bad
Never, ever post again

The patch names use the ones from Awakening, which some people don't like. Shit like Ferry/Fury being changed to Erin is pretty bad, then there's minor stuff like Lewyn vs Levin or Quan vs Cuan.

I'm going to post right now again to laugh at you for thinking an archaic game that turned axes into items that purely exist to be sold for money is good.

Yet you and I are having a conversation right now, and so are other people.

Im fine with the awakening names because at least its officoa. Changim Fury is literally because he could and thought he knew best.

She was my waif, no regrets

The only criticism people have for 3 and 11 are that they feel "old". Just go play awakening.

Name changes and liberties with the script despite claiming to be faithful, a big one was the Fury -> Erin name change where he basically stuck his fingers in his ears going LALALALA when pretty much everyone was saying that's stupid (also his insistence that another name some translations gave her, Ferry, "isn't a fucking name" even though it is [and it's Irish, which would fit a game with lots of Celtic mythology references])

A lot of decisions he made came down to his own personal preferences and a general "I know best" attitude

also, this is just me, but I think the Earthbound font was a jarring choice for the game.

Sacred Stones had a better split of paths than fates did

I saw one update post of his where he was debating removing the incest undertones of the game because he thought they were gross. I think he got talked out of it, but I started being a bit apprehensive about it after that.

Haven't tried it, but I hope it turned out decent.

She was kinda mediocre, which is a shame because her personal skill was neat when teamed up with dance

>removing the incest undertones
>in Incest and Horse Emblem
Though I'm pretty sure they kept it last I played it, but that's pretty shitty.

do translators just have big egos, or something?

>job is to translate the script
>everybody is excited for a new, better translation
>I know what I should do, I should edit the script!

When something goes as wrong as Fate's Story, people try and think of ways that explain how it happened.
I'll be entirely fair to IS, there's a chance the writer did a shit job and what we got is all they were able to salvage. However, when looking at things like the setting I doubt that.

They find things they don't like in the story and decide to arbitrarily 'fix' them.

Do you even lift, user?