What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AAjRKRmw0Sk
mynintendonews.com/2016/09/21/nintendo-japan-hiring-3d-cg-terrain-designers/
time.com/4149809/xenoblade-chronicles-x-director-tetsuya-takahashi/
youtube.com/watch?v=98i3xsVkFbk
twitter.com/choco_mugi
forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-xenoblade-chronicles-hd-texture-pack-v7-5-july-23-2016
youtube.com/watch?v=FwjgoTc-KDI
youtube.com/watch?v=o3yG_20r338
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nothing. Best game of this gen

Post game is way too fucking grindy

Something in your head.
Music.
You playing Xenoblade Chronicles first.
No sequel.

the music for certain areas specifically the main town. other than that not much. easily the best jprg of 2015

the soundtrack
retarded ass online functionality fucked over the entire game and its narrative
LETS EAT TATSU LMAO

>Have like 20 party members but the game forces you to use Lin+Elma for the whole story
>Story locked behind hours of fetch questing
>90% of the game's appeal was exploration, exploration dies just the second you get your first Flying skell.
>Your character is there for 0 reasons. The MC is clearly Elma.
>Useless online features that NOBODY wanted.
>Game gives you no hint of its features. Wanna know how to fight properly? Read the whole manual first.

At least the gameplay was ok and I enjoyed exploring Mira.

>Post game is way too fucking grindy
It's not like you HAVE to get get that Mastema with Zenith canon. Augmented Ares can kill anything and requires less grinding. You even get actual fight, not just shooting your main cannon once (or twice for Telly-chan).

They cared more about making big monsters and big areas instead of everything else. The characters were shitty, the game had nothing to do with XC which had better more entertaining characters, and once you get your Doll there's no point to fight outside of it. I'd much rather replay XC a million times than XCX again.

blue dot harvesting
sound mixing
You have to do side content to unlock the main story
Tatsu
Grinding to get equips for the end game bosses is obnoxious
no exp share of any kind making it worse
none of characters get any development besides the tweest with Elma and the side story with Yelv

>Augmented Ares can kill anything and requires less grindin
You still have to grind for augments though.
Its really stupid of them to require 32 bird dicks to craft one XX-level augment. It would kind of be okay if the online playerbase wasn't dead, but it is, so the nemesis hardly shows up anymore.
They really should have thought that shit out better. A niche JRPG on a dying console can't sustain an online community.

>open world
>non character user created avatar
>shitty music
>story progression locked out by level requirements

quite a bit went wrong.

Everything. I hate this game on a core level, so many aspects of it are just completely fucked, never has a JRPG pissed me off so much from a design perspective.

Even if I hadn't played the first one, I'd still hate XCX, but seeing them fuck up this hard after getting a lot right in XC was baffling.

I like XCX a lot but can we all agree she was a terrible character?

Wii U's install base, poor marketing. Other than that it's a pretty good JRPG, probably the one I've enjoyed the most in the last years.

>sound mixing
This is the best criticism on the thread so far.

>It's on the Wii U
>I don't have one

>the game forces you to use Lin+Elma for the whole story

That was not the worst part, the worst was when some story quest required you to level up some of the characters you never use and it's one of those games when the characters don't get exp if they are not on the party.

Your parent's didn't raise you well enough not to make What Went Wrong threads on Cred Forums.

>You still have to grind for augments though.
Yes. But less of them.
Also the tickets really help and even with half dead online you can still ticket farm higher online missions so you don't have to farm the most annoying shit.
It's a shame about the nemesis missions. Those were gold mines for tickets.
>They really should have thought that shit out better.
I'd love to see a patch that would allow to exchange useless shit you get for tickets or at least ability to disassemble gear/weapons into materials.

i have this game but haven't played i yet. (bought like 8 wiiu games simultaneously)

how censored is it? i know you can't use the boob slider when creating your main character, but im going to be a guy so it doesn't matter?
potato-chan had some outfits censored right?
how is the rest of the game? im worried the removal of boob slider effected some npcs's boob sizes but i doubt it.
aren't there a lot of party members with some being dlc?

a little
no
yes
ok
yes, no dlc

That's literally all everyone else has sexy outfits and text is the same

The way they censored the game was pretty weird. Yeah, some (2 or 3?) outfits were slightly changed but somehow the game has like 30 outfits that show even more meat.

>potato-chan had some outfits censored right?
Bikiny style outfits and anything too revealing (unbuttoned black suit showing some cleavage) is 'fixed'.
>aren't there a lot of party members with some being dlc?
Yes, dlc chars+missions are included in western release.

Definitely get the 'performance' download packs from shop, the game loads badly form the optical medium.

>I'd love to see a patch that would allow to exchange useless shit you get for tickets or at least ability to disassemble gear/weapons into materials.
Fuck, that would pretty much fix most issues with grinding. Too bad Monolith isn't patching the game anymoer

The original was so much better. It's like night and day.

ITS REYN TIME

Everything related to the story.

I mean, how can you fuck up so big that encountering very plot sensitive objects with your "proper" team doesn't even do anything, but the entire town cries when they end up blowing up said object in a mission? What is even the point of having an open world if you're afraid to use it to it's full extent? This happens on several occasions as well. You can walk into the Cauldros base well before you even have the first lifehold segment destroyed, but no response to this whatsoever. Or how having skells isn't reflected in the cutscenes at all, even in the background, even though you got there in one.

How about how when it's conveniently established that your bodies are robots, suddenly people start talking about it openly? Or how that point makes little sense when people get eaten or have eggs laid inside them. Why would this happen to non-organics? Just why? Or how is it that your character stumbles across the Nopon first when they've been active for two months and have a ganglion base in walking distance from NLA? Okay, exploration wasn't priority, but they expect me to believe that? Let alone the player discovering every single alien race by themselves. That's a stretch when BLADE has teams every-fucking-where.

I mean, the story itself is generic and boring, but there's just so many things that make it go from that to just an incompetent mess that deviates from the entire design of the game. It also suffers from several small flaws like removing the skell jump when you get flight mode (wtf is this even, who made that decision?) Which is a shame, because exploration and combat is very entertaining, and the world and level design is great. Running around in Cauldros at below level 20 feels like a rush, and you really feel the imminent danger.

I liked more X in general, but I liked more the first Xenoblade's story.

-Lack of actual Japanese voice acting
-Tatsu
-the fucking side quest
-the music
-the combat system is fucking dull, no joke, I fell asleep in front of the game and still won
-you clearly aren't the main character, it's Elma
-the voice are ear-rape
-useless things (social binding)

+the map transition are seamless
+cool environment
+the music
+the skells are cool
+the weapon and armor design
+the collector is 70€, it's pretty fair

>-the music
>+the music

Only the people who played the game know the struggle.

My personal favorite

youtube.com/watch?v=AAjRKRmw0Sk

The game is a gem, and is above everything the other games did, except on characters, but even the story is countless times more interesting.

People bitching on this game are the ones that will bitch about Zelda when is out, mark my words, is just sonyniggers in disguise.

We will never have a secuel so we will never understand what the fuck was wrong with Mira.

Story ending on a retarded cliffhanger. Otherwise it's one of the best games this gen.

Or what a J-body is
Or why the Zarubaggon and the humans have the same ancestors
Or why the Samaarians created the humans, Ganglion and apparently the Zarubaggon

>but even the story is countless times more interesting
But story is pretty weak. basic struggle against bad aliens stuff.
Also since there isn't going to be a sequel we're not going to get any resolution for the juicy parts and Mira's secrets.

> and have a ganglion base in walking distance from NLA?
The only way this can be justified is that the world on show is actually much smaller than the world in-universe. I think one of the short stories mentioned that it took days to cross Primordia. Mind I do agree with your point and find it pretty ridiculous because that Ganglion base isn't some tiny outpost -- it's fucking huge.

fucking potato
>her voice
>her mode
>her jokel
>her personality
>her voice
>her face
>her voice
>her skillset

The villains also don't have any sort of substance to them besides hating humans.

What did she mean by this?

No PC version.

Seriously I'm playing through this game right now but I'd much rather play it on PC instead. One thing that's pissing me off though is the fact that you have to run all over the main hub to recruit party members instead of using a central recruitment point.

The cutest/best party member is locked behind a quest that spans 11 chapters and also requires you to beat a rather long series of specific side quests.

Also load times from disc are bad and sound mixing is crap.

>The cutest/best party member
But Tatsu joins pretty early...

Go climb in a pot Tatsu.

I started playing God Eater Resurrection recently and I noticed that Lin, Elma, and Irina are voice options for the female MC.

the fact that it did everything right

XXX has a chance to be nominated in the 2016 Game Awards since the localization was released in December. Do you think it will win any awards?

No. The general public doesn't give two shits about Xenoblade.

*XCX

Let's see
>cliffhanger ending
>le potato xD
>bottom of the barrel localization (>skells, tit slider, other censored things)
>light mechs are useless
>medium mechs are useless
>mechs in general are useless after you realize how much ground combat outclasses them
>the strongest bosses are literally impossible to kill without cheesing them with ghost walker, limiting your class options if you want to get anything done
>terrible pop-in
>no sound comes out of the gamepad, so off screen play isn't really possible
>thousands of fetch quests and choices that seem like they matter but they really don't
>forgettable cast except maybe elma, forgettable story
>godawful repetitive music

I haven't even started on the """""""online"""""""
>squad benefits aren't noticeable at all
>constantly seeing the same few messages popping up for ages
>can't actually talk to anyone in your squad
>missions consist of everyone getting in their mech and one-shotting everything, no strategy or teamwork involved
>the missions give so little tickets that they're not even worth doing and you're better off farming the world boss, getting 10x more tickets for 10x less effort
That's really the extent of the online. You farm the world boss and that's it. Everything else is not worth your time.

Such a shame since I enjoyed the first few dozen hours immensely, then it all went down the drain.

Your thread.

Are you ready for the sequel Xenobros?

"Nintendo has issued a job posting requesting for 3D CG “terrain” designers. These positions are at the company’s Kyoto and Tokyo main R&D branches. This latest job posting is thought to apply to Nintendo NX titles which are in development for 2017 and 2018. I’m sure many of you will be pleased that there are 3D titles in the works from Nintendo for its next generation platform."

mynintendonews.com/2016/09/21/nintendo-japan-hiring-3d-cg-terrain-designers/

The shoehorned online is easily the game's biggest flaw. I mean who the fuck actually thought that putting two nemesis bosses is acceptable. And the kicker is that they inflated the crafting requirements for augments and other shit because they knew eveyrone would just use squad tickets. But that strategy doesn't work for a niche JRPG on a dying console. Its been 9 months since the game came out and the online is already dead.
Really hope they don't waste time and resources tacking on a pointless online mode in the next game. They should either make it worthwhile or not bother with it at all and make it completely single player.

>mechs in general are useless after you realize how much ground combat outclasses them
Not really unless you use one of the game breaking builds.
>no sound comes out of the gamepad, so off screen play isn't really possible
I'm pretty sure this is wrong but it's been a while so I'll test it when I get back from work.

>Tokyo
>Kyoto

It's happening

The sequel has a lot of potential. I'm hoping that NLA makes contact with the Ark that Lara Nara was talking about. We also know from Elma that some arks took human bodies instead of digitizing their minds, so I'm really hoping that we see some conflict and strife between the real humans and artificial ones, similar to the prejudice we saw from humans towards xenos in the first game.

>Not really unless you use one of the game breaking builds.
not him but thats the only way to beat endgame tyrants.

Quick time event repeatedly every single fight.

>contact with the Ark that Lara Nara was talking about
Mind explaining this to me, famalam? I didn't see this piece of dialogue but it sounds interesting.

Fuck I want to play XCX in HDR.

NX port when?

I never tested it for a while so what I said might not be 100% true, but I'm pretty sure you can't hear most sounds from the gamepad.
Some sounds do come out from what I remember, but most don't. So I couldn't even play with headphones.

Considering that fact the there was literally no good games this year, yeah

I fucking loved the game and everything about it.
The music grew on me like a tumor. The gameplay was a huge step up from Xenoblade. The only thing it's missing is some sort of gambit system to make allies less retarded. The game looked fucking good, but that might be me being drunk for 99% for gametime. I wish I could play it again for the first time to sink 250 hours into it the first month I got it

There's a sidequest where Lara Nara sends you to Sylvalum to get data from a lifehold piece. He later says they analyzed the data and found out it was two transmissions from two other arks, one in french and one in japanese.

>how censored is it?
no titty slider and no lewds on potato and some other thing I forgot about

>im worried the removal of boob slider effected some npcs's boob sizes but i doubt it.

NPCs kept their tits

>aren't there a lot of party members with some being dlc?
3 of them which are included in the western release

To this day, not a single rpg has made running and jumping feel as good as XCX

Oh nice. I've done the quest but I didn't remember that particular detail. Did they ever mention what the transmissions said at all?

>tfw sequel is set in Neo Tokyo or Nouveau Paris

Oh, fuck off Jaewong or at least use a trip so I can filter you, you authistic buttdevasted fanboy.

>>>/gamefaqs/

Nah he doesn't tell you what they said.
If I remember correctly I think he said they're having translation issues because everyone on board the White Whale is a native english speaker

I liked the world, the mechs (until I started seeing how quickly they trivialized things), and the side quests that had stories to them. That was about it. Main story was trash that ended up being too short in a game that was so fucking long. That fucking info dump at the end by mary sue Elma was ridiculous. They had the whole game to gradually get into that shit and never did. How do you even fuck up the pacing of a story that badly? Music design in general was bad. Not just the songs themselves but how they were used as well. Text was ridiculous small. Post game was shit. Combat is unbalanced as fuck. Your MC doesn't really feel like a MC most of the time because you're just part of Elma's team. Hurr we'll call you rook because you're a shitty silent character and we can't voice your name. Besides silent characters in CURRENT YEAR? Fuck off with this shit already. No exp sharing with your party. Fucking hell man. Having to actually go find your party instead of just swapping them out? FUCKING HELL MAN. It's like one step forward and two steps back with everything when it comes to Takahashi.

navigating the world in general felt incredibly good
>get to test flight module
>first time flying
>you get to stomp out of some garage to start getting airborne and get that one navigation point that's been bullying you since you started the game
I haven't gotten goosebumps from vidya for a long time, but this was one of those rare occasion where I just flew until my tank was empty because I could
holy fuck I would kill to play this game for the first time again

I have a few words for you Jaewong.

>Quick Step Gems
>I'm totally not obvious Dickson
>Sharla
>Ether Mine
>Mechonis Field
>Agility
>Unbeatable V gem
>Ice Cabbage
>NTR

I have trouble playing basically any other open world game just because of this.

>fast walk speed
>very fast run speed
>no stamina bar, run as long as you want
>high jumps
>very generous ability to get onto ledges that you might think are too high for you
>no fall damage
>NO FALL DAMAGE

I can't think of many game where just running around exploring are handled as well. And it serves as an excellent balance to the fact that you can easily chance upon strong enemies, because running away is almost always a viable option.

It felt like they changed their minds on what they were doing with the story multiple times mid-development and as a result there were tons of threads that go nowhere and things left unexplained and it kinda left a bad taste in my mouth by the end of it

Whenever I see screenshots from XCX it makes me want to start playing again but I have nothing left to do. I'm at like 94% and only have endgame tyrants left. But grinding to make augments is just not fun. Especially since I can't grind the nemesis bosses anymore.
One-shotting Feliciano, the All-Seeing over and over hoping to get equipment with the right perks is just a chore.

They basically took the prologue to a grand story and made it its own game.

>It felt

“The design focus for this game was on map exploration and character builds during battle,” says Takahashi. “We deliberately distanced ourselves from having philosophical themes intertwined with the core of the story. Given that we at Monolith Soft had no experience with developing HD titles, our goal with this project was to experiment with and implement the assorted tech skills we needed for HD game development. We decided that trying to balance that with an epic theme-laden story would pose difficulties. Our hope is that we can start by creating the core system, then expand on the story and thematic elements in our future project.”

time.com/4149809/xenoblade-chronicles-x-director-tetsuya-takahashi/

While I do agree with the idea that the world is smaller in-game than in-universe, there is also a Blade outpost very close to it. Shouldn't be hard to stumble across some Ganglion, and that's just Primordia.

What the fuck are you talking about? I listed some flaws with the game. Some of those are arguable, but you can't argue against how you can find lifehold segments before you "find" them in the story missions. This is just sloppy design, and should be rightfully criticized.

What the fuck are you even talking about? Why are you samefagging this hard? Who the fuck are you talking about?

This is why exploration in X felt so good. That, and the hidden creatures actually make the world feel much more alive. Shame they didn't include any predation, the indigens are a bit too friendly to eachother. That's just nitpicking though.

There is also a very good progression between where you can get with jump, where you can get with skell jump and where you can get with flight pack. Sort of gradual unlocking, and it feels rewarding.

Did Kunihiko Tanaka draw this image? I can't read jap

Start a new file. It'll hurt a lot deleting your old one, but you're not exactly doing anything with it anyways.

It'll blow you away how much better the game is on a second playthrough.

That seems incredibly dumb if that's the case. Nagi is Japanese (though it's possible that he was born and raised in America) and wouldn't be a stretch to believe that Boze knows some Japanese. Isn't French taught in American schools? Thanks for answering, user.

>“The design focus for this game was on map exploration and character builds during battle,
>and character builds
Well they sure dropped the ball there. The only way you can make a viable endgame build on foot is to use the memesword blossom dance build.

I feel like it's arguably better than the original.

I just think the characters are worse, creating your own silent protagonist was a horrible idea

Oh, and remove a lot of the UI elements as well. Made exploring that much better for my second and third run. I would suggest everything in my experience, and only later turn on the minimap.

I just finished witcher 3, and I'm having XCX cravings. I just wished it was 1080p instead of 720p. Really hard to turn back, I just had set sharpness as low as possible so I couldn't notice.

no diea what you just said but I have a million xenoblade x covers with lolis saved

Additional portion kf 3-4 mL kf jot etjs kl tl wadh the riginal sdk s d filter laper. Leep tje fkltratr jkt smd grsy sff ester yk thr sdm j tl tne slljtion kd kjst turbd or until s msxoumim f 20ml of wa5rt jad been qddee. Note thwybif too large a quantity of wate4 isnuser the refigety ot proeuft may be substwntislly reruced befsuse eome a mol3e mwy no5 b3fome tu4bid eue a 53nrenfy 5o rirm suoersaturwted eolutions. 4emoge thebtkaek trok 5h3 pla53 qne foger the mou5h and wllow it to fool to 3oom tempe4wture then fool 5he flwdk in an ife ba5h w. Midtu43 ifnife and eater until frystwllixsruon ie fomplete

Simple. Start a new game and play as a class you haven't. Stay in that class without mixing. Fuck EBD cheese. Stay out of skells but for travel and fighting mobs you can't otherwise, like swimming or flying mobs.

>he doesn't know about javelin masterrace
>he doesn't know about assault/photon
>he doesn't know about knife/sniper

That's what I mean. My idea is a stretch considering how spread out Blade is and how much time they spend actually exploring shit, plus considering that bases are quite large as well.

The other anons are referring to a GameFAQs user known as Jaewong who constantly bashed Xenoblade X for whatever reason (I don't remember too well to be honest).

Loved it but after grinding post game it killed it for me.

Professor B, go back to the future

The story, some minor censorship and like 4 songs.
Game is great besides that.

Nothing but just like every jrpg it's a bit grindy and repetitive. But unlike most jrpg this one is actually fun.

And the fact that you have to go around and grab them to add them to your party makes it tedious as fuck.

>Make a good looking world but make it just as empty and boring as every other open world game

Kunihiko Tanaka is the artist involved in the character designs of Xenogears, Xenosaga and Xenoblade X. His style is also used for the anime Key the Metal Idol. The girl in your pic kinda looks like this girl

Friendly reminder that this guy could've been our protagonist if not for the multiplayer. I think he was supposed to be the protag anyways.

The cast is weak and main story doesn't take advantage of any of the games strong points at all, and even conflict with the gameplay half the time. Tatsu especially brings it down, every scene with him is bad.

New LA themes are bad but everyone knows that. Sound mixing could use some work too.

Needing a 15gig patch to make it work properly is stupid.

Still my favorite RPG in years.

It's almost like they wanted you to walk through the city from time to time isn't it?

So protype-Lao, or Elma's co-pilot

iirc, his design was either used for Lao or Yelv

Should I bother leveling the whole party in the prequel?
I just got Melia but I don't know how to play her and apparently the AI can't do shit with her.
I already left Sharla to rot since she ony has 2 damage skills, wtf were they thinking?
Does she get better late game?

Every shop and 90% of quests are in NLA. Even without the horrible party switching system you spend a ton of time there anyway.

Let's talk about J-Bodies
youtube.com/watch?v=98i3xsVkFbk
What is their purpose? Is the MC one too?

I just got a WiiU. Never owned a Wii.

Should I get this or Chronicles? I do not have time for two games.

Chronicles. Get a classic controller if you dont have one by the way.

To remind XC babies, that this game has "Xeno" in it's name, and Perfect Works in it's history

XCX

chronicles is just FFX, don't waste your time

It's not really the biggest issue anyways, so I can deal with it. At least it has a plausible reason.

I figured that much, but I can very much praise X for what it did do right. I mentioned exploration, and this aspect is why I have restarted my game twice. It's just a very engaging world to explore. I think it looks great, has a lot of nice views, the monster design is on point. They feel sci-fi, but not too far out either. Having two weapons in combat makes the entire thing more dynamic, and even though they are wildly different in viability you can easily use any of them during your playthrough without any issues.

Shame the game doesn't encourage you to go to Sylvalum earlier, because running around in level ~15 is a whole lot more fun when everything and everyone can kill you and you really have to plan your movements to some extent.

The standard battle theme is actually something that gets me wanting to battle more, which says a lot for these kind of games where I get tired of it after a while. A bit cheesy, but it fits the tone of the game in my opinion. Other tracks are more hit and miss though, and I prefer Chronicles soundtrack overall.

It's a game that has a lot of great concepts, does several things very well, but suffers from conflicting designs and many small annoyances.

>Perfect Works in it's history
Nope. Xenogears and Xenoblade X are separate canons.

I imagine that Lao would still have been his own character, but I support the idea it was Elma's co-pilot

Also this guy looks pretty fucking dandy. Likely to be the guy seen at the end of the game on the beach.

He looks like Yelv

>he doesn't know

Square owns Gears, so copying Perfect Works is illegal.
What isn't illegal is keeping the same story with different trademark names. KOS-MOS -> Elma

I completely agree, though I do hope the sequel has a larger focus on telling a good story now that the prologue is out the way. If we could have this game's god-tier explanation and a good story then the sequel would be fucking grand

Elma seems to be more akin to Miang than KOS-MOS so far

exploration*
whoops

Nothing aside from a lackluster post endgame. Why do you post these every week?

What Xeno game should I play now that I've played through XBX?
I own both Chronicles and Gear but never even opened them. Saga looks interesting too and I've been looking to build up my PS2 collection.

Cant't you pick up Fry's first affinity mission aroun lvl 17 or so? That one also leads to Sylvalum.

Nothing, top notch game. I still wishing for a sequel.

Gears is a pretty fun game. I assume you know of the infamous disc 2?

I still don't know what they were thinking. Could they really think of no other way to pad out the game after chapter 12?

Ah well, at least beating Telethia was satisfying. The fight was actually quite a nail-biter.

Elma has an interesting design, its a shame she has as much personality and character development as a pile of dirt.

exploration was basically the only thing this game got right
don't get me wrong, exploring the world of mira was fucking incredible but as soon as you had seen everything more or less there was absolutely no reason to play this
the list of shit this game fucked up legitimately might not fit in a single post

Diskbomb Formula Zero masterrace

Get Xenoblade Chronicles.

what augments did you use for telethia?

hey, the personality matches with KOS-MOS

>I completely agree, though I do hope the sequel has a larger focus on telling a good story now that the prologue is out the way

Hopefully they will actually reflect on the exploration in the story. I mean, X tried somewhat by requiring set percentages. That was a good idea given the central theme of finding the lifehold core, just that none of the story missions actually covered what you had explored. My guess is that they were too locked in the linear mission type that they didn't dare to break out from.

True, and Hope's recruitment brings you to Cauldros after mission 5/level 25 I think. And to get there you really have to go through Sylvalum or swim to Cauldros and then backtrack. I would still not call that encouraging you though, but maybe that's just me.

If you care more about story, memorable characters, atmosphere and music appropriate for the mood of the location, play chronicles. If you care more about better graphics, faster gameplay, playable mechas, and you have an above average IQ and an attention span that lasts longer than a childs, play X

If I recall, 1 ether resistance xx on each limb, 1 accuracy augment xx on each limb, 2 evasion xx drives on my mim, 1 ultrafauna slayer xx on each art 3 arts gain TP xx on my sword and 2 arts gain TP xx on my gun.

Oh yeah, and on the actual skell itself some random shit like gain HP XV, anything extra I could find.

I loved this game, loved Xenoblade Chronicles, and am hyped as fuck for the next game.

NoA

>no elma x ayylma porn
is japan reallty that fucked

but change dude is pretty cool

Wait, I'm forgetting. 1 either reflect neg xx on 3 of my arts, and 1 thermal reflect neg xx on avatara missile.

Neat, I'll copy that down. I want to get back into this game and kill some of the tyrants I havent got to yet but I just can't bring myself to face the grind. I wish the enemy index told you what items they drop so I didn't have to google each one.

You know what, just to be 100% sure, I'm going to boot up my Wii U and check my Ares. Wait one sec.

I appreciate the effort my man.

Takahashi hired his friend who also is a famous hentai doujin artist to do some of the armor designs in XCX.

Koichi Mugitani
twitter.com/choco_mugi

Hopefully he will continue in XCX:NX

guberment weapons like realians from xenosaga

>Hopefully he will continue in XCX:NX
Hopefully NoA doesn't edit his costumes either.

is he the "sexy armor" designer from the credits? it's been too long to remember but someone of the credits really struck out to me
I just wish takahashi the best after changing some words with him and his wife since they are incredibly chill and I fuckign love xeno games

chronicles is unplayable once you play the combat system in XCX so play chronicles first then XCX

if you can only get one XCX

yup he's the one, goes by CHOCO

The only other thing censored was the Six Stars Ritual set for all characters including males, the bottom half was originally a thong. I'm thinking the coding was different since it's the only outfit that isn't different for genders and NoA censored that for all characters by accident.

btw, you can use hacks to change bust sizes, it even appears on characters online

fuuuuuck man. This game had so much potential to be amazing. Even with all of it's flaws it still has the coolest world I've ever seen in a video game

I remember bringing my friends over and we played this game on acid and just spent hours flying around everywhere and exploring. I will never forget that moment

god damnit I owe him about everything I've ever earned if he got money for all my boners
dudes based as fuck

It honestly would not surprise me one bit if the valley girls from Treehouse wanted to censor the six star costume for females and leave it unedited for males.

I liked it okay, but didn't progress very far at all.

My two things were, one, the soundtrack was borderline annoying and way too repetitive. Two, the map was way, way too big. I didn't know that was possible, but it was. I felt overwhelmed by the shit there was to do that I just didn't do it.

I want to pick it back up, but the Wii U is in the living room now and my roommate are always fucking on the (my) TV playing Madden or NBA2K17 or what the fuck ever.

I hate it.

There is only one outfit that potato-chan has that wasn't censored because NoA probably never earned that many materials to verify. The infinite armour I believe, gold colored. Celica has the exact same body type as Lin, 3D model wise. She's completely uncensored.

>changed dumb titty monster to pure and amazing DFC

I see literally no problem here

if whatsherface from the treehouse is anything to go by the majority didn't want lewd shit to be gone since they are huge perverts themselves

She's still a tittymonster they're just covered up

Well yeah, the treehouse has people like Alison, but she was firmly in the minority since they also have people like this guy

burn everything

No problem, I remember how hard this shit was for me. Alright, here it is. Bear in mind some of these augs are just ones I threw on because they were there.

M- Blaster: 3 Arts GP XX
M-Blade: 2 Arts GP XX and 1 Slayer Ultrafauna XX

Agni Gatling: 1 Slayer Ultrafauna XX, 1 SpecUp R-ACC XX (ranged accuracy), 1 reflect-neg either xx

Avatara: 1 slayer ultrafauna xx, 1 specUp R-ACC XX, 1 reflect-neg either xx

Aghasura: 1 reflect-neg either XX, 1 slayer ultrafauna xx, 1 SpecUp R-ACC XX

Vajra: Reflect-neg ether, SpecUp M-ACC XX (Melee accuracy), slayer ultrafauna xx

Head: HP-Max XV
Body: Spec up Evade V
Left arm: Spec up ether resistance XX
Right Arm: Spec up ether resistance XX
Legs: Ether resistance XX
Skell: SpecUP fuel-cost xx, Overdrive frame-hp XV, Overdrive Extend XX

One piece of advice, wait out his mind read, don't panic when your attacks miss, that shit will go away eventually. I can't guarantee you this will earn a win 100% of the time, but it got me to beat him. I just barely did it. My partners were Lin and Elma with a Hades Amdusias and another Ares 90 that has a few ether resists.

>you never got your character drawn into the /xbcg/ collage

shit soundtrack

shit combat balance, when you get a skell you can literally kill things absurdly higher level power leveling yourself, so i basically refused to use a doll unless needed during main story because it was so easy

quit game being first in 5-6 time trials and got region first on superboss though :^)

>muh levels

size matters

didnt mean to quote. muh bad

I guess the treehosue is split into 2 branches, the localization part that is anti fun and the streaming part that is just a bunch of perverts

>sweden

I feel hurt ;-;

I was posting screenshots and contributing to the the threads all the time since the night the game came out, and I'm not in there

Sweet, I'll screenshot it. Thanks user.
I dont have a second Ares 90 so I guess I'll just give my partners some level 60 skells with some superweapons or something .

I thought 4channers want to be the little girl, why would anyone here object to this?

I noticed that Agni, Avatara, Aghasura, and Vajra are all indian references. Some one have any meaning to how they are connected to Gears/Saga/Perfect Works?

>not on there as well
guess my wonder red posting there since day one without any avatar faggotry going on wasn't enough to be considered part of the circlejerk

Its a bit of a conflict of interest to financially support someone who says your company's products promote rape culture.
I'm wiling to bet Nintendo isn't aware of this, just like they weren't aware of Alison moonlighting as a prostitute

>Wanting to be apart of that autistic general.

Used it for the information and that's all

I still want to lewd the potatoe

there's always honey select

Glad I could be of some assistance. Yeah just slap on some accuracy/ultrafauna augs on the level 60 supeweapons or just use them as cannon fodder to save some hp in the beginning. Mine just got trashed lol.

they dropped the ball hard with the ending
there should have been at least 20 more hours of main story content

The plot

Everything else was fantastic

>main conflict was solved
>needed 20 more hours of story content

Really now? I didn't know that.

Treehouse
Longsword
Ares90
Postgame Fights balanced around one shotting the enemy or being one shot

his gems aren't good if it was a "nailbiter"

I can't remember exactly what I had I just searched /vg/ archive for my old post and it only mentioned defensive gems

>you just need ether def xx on your skell armor and x5 evasion for your skill xx on your ground armor

with that you basically can't die

I just remembered what I had for damage, arts.gp xx. overdrive for ares 90 resets cooldowns? or something and with arts.gp xx you get progress towards overdrive everytime you use a ability if I remember correctly

>Longsword is trash if Nagi doesn't give you Blossom Dance
>Ares90 at base is garbage because of fuel. Diskbombs are 10x better, 10x faster and no fuel cost.
>He doesn't know what is Astral projection, or how to tank like a god.

Well, I skimped on evasion because it was taking way too fucking long to craft them. I ran out of patience after the first two evasion drives and just thought "fuck it, this is good enough.".

It was enough to carry me through and honestly made the fight more fun. I'm glad I didn't one-shot Telethia. That would have been so anti-climactic.

Side note if you apply 1 xx ether res Aug on all armor then all of telethia's attacks will do 1 damage except it's electric shockwave. Also you only need one negate ether reflect Aug for all your weapons as well as a thermal for avatara and physical for vajra. After that the dominant strategy for telethia is to attack his tail and defensively use vajra and avatara when he tries to put you to sleep or topple you. This is because your skill can't be toppled/put to sleep while in an art attack animation.

I probably went overkill I expected it to be harder and didn't know, I was going for region first at the time but someone beat me hours before I had my gems ready

Oh yes, my apologies, I should have said physical for vajra, not ether. Hopefully he's still in the thread and reading your post

Oh God, out of all 3 of those the one I felt most hopeless about at first was Gradivus. 500 million HP, holy shit.

he needed the least amount of gear grinding because you just needed to abuse longsword evade skill and have 100% up time during overdrive or whatever

From the NX Employee Rumor thread

>"There was an interesting tech-demo on the console system that I got to see, some untitled project involving a huge robot in a huge city - apparently it was brought out of development hell specifically for the NX after failing to work on the Wii U system, though I'd never seen it before myself. Graphically, it looked stunning - huge mechs in a dense cityscape wrecking shit.

>That sounds like it's just Project Robot. Your story's getting sketchier because you don't even need to work for Nintendo to remember that.

>"Just looked it up, I can see some similarities but the visuals and setting are drastically different, as are the robot designs which more resemble mechs than whatever's going on in that Wii U tech demo/game."

XCX Tech Demo?

It wouldn't have been in development hell if it were.

Meant XCX:NX Tech Demo

>implying Dadaan the Strongest Prone isn't the best battle in the game

>Employee rumor
Okay

The issue is that the last game only came out last year. Development hell implies delays, but we wouldn't expect to see their next project for another year or two anyway.

not necessarily, it could be that they initially started developing for Wii U but struggled due to the hardware limitations, or it could be inferred that this is an (enhanced) port of XCX and that the developers had trouble with certain aspects of the Wii U version. Alternatively, they actually are talking about project giant robot instead, who knows.

There is literally no other studio in Nintendo that does Mechs other than Monolith Soft. They are the most ambitious within Nintendo, so it seems more likely that they would work on this, not Nintendo EAD

>mfw using Diskbombs to kill Telethia with only autoattacks

that shit was absolutely broken and I loved it

I felt Gradivus was the easiest of the big 3. I used him a lot to test different Gatling gun builds' damage output

My blossom dance did like 14-16m looking back at old pictures

not sure what my gear was or if i had all buffs

yeah very few builds came close to Blossom Dance's damage output, largely because it ignored resistances. That being said, other weapon builds were still able to bring out some good damage, enough to fight the big 3 on foot.

1.8m per hit can't remember how many times it hits 7-9?

>I miss riki
how old is this image?

within first 1-2 weeks

i stopped playing pretty fast after doing everything i wanted to do

None of those can beat the endgame tyrants.

>MC is clearly Elma
What's so bad about that, self-inserts are boring
>Flying skell
Outside of Cauldos you don't have to use it, and Sylvalum has xe-doms to stop you doing that.

It's better than the other quests where party member 4 is just standing aroud like a stick in the mud all mission, but quick levelling is barely an issue, especially with skells.
>Wanna know how to fight properly
There's a brief description in most of the menus, of what each art does, what TP is, how overdrive works etc.

I remember the being a lot of L+A spam, and a more like botanic shulk message cropping up a lot

nothing you twat. KYS immediately

The music is really decisive I liked it for the most part, but it's nothing like the original. Doesn't help that Chronicles has one of the best soundtracks in vidya.

Some things look like total ass, but at the same time the enemies look great and the environments are amazing.

Skells mess with the balance for a while, but somehow they managed to make them seem super powerful without being too OP by the end of the game.

The story itself isn't awful, but it's presented really stiffly outside of a few story chapter cutscenes, and the only characters that get the spotlight are pretty uninteresting in comparison to minor characters, like Boze.

Changing party members is a huge pain in the ass.

Overall I think it's a masterpiece, despite all of it's flaws. The exploration is just so damn good, and the world is so interesting that I can forgive everything else. Chronicles is more polished, and arguable BETTER, but I think I prefer X.

story was terrible. quests and multiplayer didn't make up for it

the art style, writing, music, was all worse than the original

I prefer the old combat but that's just me

skells were fun to fly but the combat was horrible

I would have just preferred an HD remake of xenoblade with multiplayer support

>I would have just preferred an HD remake of xenoblade with multiplayer support
you're a colossal faggot mate

Quests were far better than they were in XBC, and depending on the quest could be really good.
Mia's arc was pretty funny, there was the shit with the Ma'non detective, Alex making NLA great again, the and the ice cream

It ruined all other RPGs because none of them will ever top this masterpiece.

"This story never truly ends"

>direct sequel already confirmed by Takahahsi as not happening

>direct sequel already confirmed by Takahahsi as not happening

This is a good thing. There would be no way to pull it off correctly.

>>Game gives you no hint of its features. Wanna know how to fight properly? Read the whole manual first.

while this was extremely frustrating for me at the beginning (i never played xenoblade chronicles), once you're not nub anymore its not really a factor

Great, I was waiting for a thread.

I've got like 95% of the game done. Only thing I have left is like the super bosses that I literally can't seem to beat as I am. Even doing that cheap dodge build thing doesn't help on the bosses that stay out of range.

I literally don't want to grind, but am willing to do it if it's for a item or two that allows me to beat the rest of this game.

So the question is, is there any super OP item or anything I could grind to almost guarantee defeating the last of these assholes? I don't have the Ares skell or anything, so I don't know if that would do it. I've also not got any skell super weapons.

Also hot damn I really want to replay this game, just beat it a month ago. But feel I better wait and make sure they don't go releasing a updated, or just port on the NX.

>I don't have the Ares skell or anything, so I don't know if that would do it. I've also not got any skell super weapons.
A naked Ares or superweapon still won't do shit against Telethia, Pharsis, Gradvius, or pic related.
The only way to beat them is to grind XX-level augments, most of which require 32 bird dicks and 25 snail assholes each to craft

you can beat that guy with an blossom dance build which requires very little effort

How do you take pics with such amazing quality?

not him but you can just upload them to imgur through the wii u browser

Feature bloat
content bloat just for the sake of content bloat

Story should have have been dedicated scenarios, not just a bunch of mobs placed on the world map. Felt really unimportant as a result
Music was really hit or miss

user that already exists, there is even a hack to to play it in higher fps

you can play it perfectly on 4k with hd textures in dolphin

gee I even have a fx3850 and it runs flawless all the time

forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-xenoblade-chronicles-hd-texture-pack-v7-5-july-23-2016

OVER THE RAINBOW

Can't spell Reynbow without Reyn.

Dat OST.
youtube.com/watch?v=FwjgoTc-KDI

youtube.com/watch?v=o3yG_20r338

Cauldros Night is even better T B H

I'm practicing really hard on sculpting 1/48 minifigures of one of these people in the collage. For the 1/48 skell model kit, of course!

The catch is that the pilot... minifigure thing, is like, 1 1/2 inches tall I think, and I've never done miniatures in my life. I don't want to show my current work, they look like bad clay people from Robot Chicken

Good luck to me!

Elma for Smash Brothers?

Hopefully the next Xenoblade game will be out before then and they can use that character.

I'm all for it
>B to change between melee and range
>Melee moveset is based around dual swords
>Gun moveset is based around sliding off stage
only problem is the whole gun thing but they'll probably manage it, seeing how bayonetta managed to get through and Xenoblade X only has a t rating

derivative jap RPG released the same year as the genre-defining Witcher 3

I know as a character it seems pointless, but Rook making use of a variety of weapons would be even better, in my opinion.

>Down smash is psycho launchers
>Up smash is javelin
>Forward smash is photon cannon

>you'll never tongue elmas or ayylmas butthole
>not even porn to make uo for it
Fuck this shitty world and fuck japan for having incredibly bad taste

Just for you

Stop playing with my feelings user

I liked it, even though i get overwhelmed with shit to do, missions, heart missions, city missions, collect missions, huge zones, kill missions, investing, fucking side missions that i would otherwise miss.
I don't wanna rush the heart missions because there is so much other stuff, im at chapter 6 or five i don't remember, its been a while since i played.
and i liked the music too

>Rem lookalike near the center of the formation

What did they mean by this?

That you should consider suicide

Shittiest fucking waifu

It was on the Wii U.

I don't even own any of these awful consoles and my pc is a complete and total worthless toaster, but that's the main reason.

If this shit was on awful sony shit, you know it would be nonstop talk of the town for way longer than it has lasted.

Mechs.

Thats literally not a possibility though and fucking nobody talked about zombieU and people love to gobble up ubisofts shit

>wanting to put your mouth on an anus

Fucking degenerates.

>Tfw when building the Koto Formula model kit at the moment
Too bad they didn't do my personal favorite line.

B.B.'s are clean though their asses are just for pleasure

Story, music and characters.

Everything else was better than XC

Time for you to scratchbuild and 3d print your Inferno parts.