what a dumb thread

Earthfag reporting in.

Water and Fire are overrated.

Earth and Air ftw

>Lightning > Air = Earth >Water >>> Fire

You need water and air for lightning.

Earth > Air > Water > Fire

Who /jizzomancer/ here?

The ability to destroy anyone's testicles is pretty sweet.

>Fire above anything
Guaranteed the last place is in hell or similar where everything has 200% resistance against it.

Earth

This.

>Fire can destroy a town
>Earth can level a city
>Water can freeze over an entire continent
>Air can suffocate a world

Air master race GOAT element

Earth Wind and Fire

When I say lighting I really mean electricity. Should have clarified.

yap

Earth is objectively the best element and has a lot secondaries to work with. Sand, soil, metal, mud, minerals/gems, you name it.

Fire hasn't been overrated since 2006.

Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Water is best because bloodbending, healing and ice
Checkmate firefags

try living without any

>water is overrated

That's like saying oxygen is overrated.

Heart.

Post the bois to cement their superiority

can't be contained

Wind >>>>>>>> Air

fuck off captain planet

youtube.com/watch?v=-8_4U7CP1_c

Air > Fire > Earth > Water

prove me wrong

hint: who cares

>Fire can destroy a town

London would like to have a word with you.

two words
BLOOD BENDING

water wins always

I like Earth, Wind & Fire.

but what if we fight at day time
Checkmate waterfag

AIR MASTERRACE REPORTING FOR DUTY

>get ruby
>brother gets sapphire
>one year later, get fire red
>brother gets green leaf

guess I'm a firefag

>BLOOD BENDING
If Avatar was the least bit realistic, wind could draw the air out of your lungs and suffocate you.

DO YOU REMEMBER

That might be possible, it just hasn't been done yet.

Fire, obviously.
Sozin did nothing wrong.

>The 21st night of september

If only this were a few hours earlier..

Did they even know that lungs took air in? Like, medical science wouldn't have had to advance too much because of the water healing shit.

They actually did this in Avatar 2: Lesbian Boogaloo

HEED MY CALL
Delicious brown

Are there any games with good Earth magic?

Air all day. I could release my farts silently in public and kill people with it.

This is wrong
Water douses Fire
Fire consumes Air
Air scatters Earth
Earth absorbs Water

So it should be Water > Fire > Air > Earth > Water

That is done in Korra.

>Avatar 2: Lesbian Boogaloo
Holy shit.

except that happend

youtube.com/watch?v=E9iw1ISArks

They do in a episode of legend of brown dyke.

>wind could draw the air out of your lungs and suffocate you.
They totally did that. It's how a certain character dies.

The Fire Nation uses fucking tanks and jet skis. They're fairly advanced in most scientific fields. The only nation that has healing are the eskimos who are going extinct and even then they only have so many.

Don't they have modern day cities in Korra?
I'm sure they know by now.

Wow, I didn't realize how many Cred Forums fucks litter this board. Jesus, calm down, someone already mentioned it. You don't have to race to show of your knowledge of fucking KORRA of all shows.

>get BTFO
>WOW CALM DOWN
:^)

>is wrong
>gets defensive
Every time.

They actually did that in Korra.

Right on, OP. You can literally pull the blood from someone's body with water power. Earth and water are equally powerful, but the whole blood thing makes water win. Fire is for fucking faggots. Water extinguished fire, and dirt doesn't catch fire. Earth/water win automatically.

This was actually done in the second series

A collage of all the worst characters in the series.

Earth>water>>>Air>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fire

prove me wrong faggots

Guess what happens, though? You survive for a while longer because you don't die instantly from lack of air. Blood out of body = death.

So is Korra worth watching?
Half of everyone says it's shit and the other half says it's great.

That thing you said happen man.

get out Fire baby

When the first two anons mentioned it I was just thinking "oh, that's neat. I didn't know that".
But then 3 more replies on top of that just shows how eager you are to validate having watched that shitshow.

Technically you could fuck up someone's lungs with air but for the sake of the plot there's limits to that.

Wasted potential: the show

If earth has dominion over metals then you could just pull the iron straight out of their blood as well.

Its because they stop in the middle of the phrase.

It's a great shit.

yes it is korra its a good show

It's worth watching.
Not because it's good, but it makes a damn fine cautionary tale for letting success get to your ego.

Is this some kind of Earth, Wind and Fire shill thread since it's the 21st September?

Are you seriously blaming people for trying to be helpful?

Arcane master race.
Try using elements in a black hole faggots.

sss

Keep digging that hole.

Korra makes my whole dick go doki doki

youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY

i dont even have to say anything, this faggot says it all

Not really, no. There's a few highlights to each season that are good but as a whole it's pretty shit.

It's pretty bad. I watched about half of the first season, and Korra is completely unlikeable. Like, I gt that she's not supposed to be uber-competent. But the way they handled her personality makes her unbearable to tolerate. Couple that with the fact that the show tries to get into this sports thing as quickly as possible, and focuses on that. Can you imagine? Trying to get a bunch of anime and cartoon nerds to give a shit about a sport? They actually play out matches like we give a shit.

What went wrong with The Legend of Korra.

All the primary elements are equally as cool
Dark and Light (void, holy and other variations come here) are overused and most of the time overpowered
Lightning and Ice have a lot of potential but people rarely are any creative with them
Poison/Nature is shit

Name one series where MC was water-aligned.

Dark>Light>Pleb elements

Korra.

meme video

Decent, has some really, really low points.
Amon is cool but they ruin him afterwards.
Also, watch the videos this user links. Also know that Korra breaks a lot of the lore or retcons it.

I liked the 1st and 3rd season.

If nothing you could at least watch the 2 episodes from the 2nd season about the first Avatar. Those were really great.

You only needed to post one

meme post

I would totally impregnate katara with my super strong seed.

LOK did this already, i think it was season 3

go make another thread on Cred Forums about it jack ass

But the sport games were actually pretty fun to watch.

Water a best!

metal=earth+fire>water>>>air
metal is the best element

There are so many problems with that bit.
I did like the background and scenery art, though. Shame they didn't try to stylize the characters as well.

>using degenerate elements
>not using the light

there where no retcons

>Lightbending
Sounds like blasphemy.

I'm calling them overzealous, which is mildly annoying.

You play the game "Inside"? You know how you can get these mindless workers to follow you? But they don't really think about their actions, so they stand like directly next to you, touching you. And when you get multiple workers, they all crowd around you from every side, like they're about to film a bukakke scene.

It's kind of like that.

DUDE.

They do it in the series.

But it still breaks a good bit of lore, like the very origins of bending or how blood bending is when the moon is full for a couple examples.

>light
>blasphemy
Heretic spotted.

There are people in THIS thread right now that don't recognize fire as the superior element. It took a pretty much three nations combining their powers plus a almost God and betrayal from fire, oh and also a ancient God turtle to barely even stop fire. Fire>air>earth>shit>wadurr

didn't all past avatar spirits "died" because korra couldn't protect them?

literally the poor man's fire.

They were annoying, because they didn't do anything to advance the plot, or advance the character relations, or anything. The actions during the matches didn't matter, because they were never the point of the drama. They were diversions from the drama. In other words: those segments were masturbatory.

The whole lightning generation thing tends to fuck up water benders pretty well. That one armless bitch got taken out like it wasn't shit by one attack.

wow one guy and his shit kids that got killed and what lore did it break

Do you remember

Rollin!

Yeah, amazing, isn't it?

fire and pure light are different things boy.

you cant kill a spirit she just lost the connection

Light is gay.

How do you go from fire to electricity?
At least earth->metal makes some sense.

you're gay

but they fucking exploded

Shut up, Uther

no they didn't

Air > Earth > Fire > Water

Not sure, any science fags here that can explain it? Is it something like it's so hot it becomes plasma like or some shit?

gimme dat shadow

I literally just said a couple. And the issue isn't about some guys dying, that's never been an issue.

First Avatar bit shows that bending is just given by the Lion Turtle, can be taken away by said Lion Turtle, and you just punch the air to get a big fireball. But originally, everyone always says bending is a discipline you learn and people have learned by studying creatures strongly tied to the element. The First Avatar tried to shoehorn that in while already disregarding it by suddenly having creatures pop up next to him when he's showing off his skills.

The blood bending was shown and told to be from the water bending connection to the moon. When it is a full moon, it is possible to do. However those chucklefucks just blood bend at any point of the day or night. Also, since when does blood bending block bending ability when spirit power is needed for that sort of stuff. I mean, you can maybe excuse that since healing with water is usually a form of guiding through lines in the body and it just creates a sudden block or something.

Though that's another I forgot, healing with water was a skill of bending. In Korra it's just dunking some asshat into a pool of water and poof he's healed after an hour. It's like a healing sauna.

necro getto

All of them can destroy a planet given the severity of the large enough scale.

It's about what can do the most effective damage retard.

You are not my king yet, boy. Nor would I obey that command if you were!

>water can only be used if there is water
>earth can control any natural rock or mineral
>air can be used with the surrounding winds, basically use it whenever
>fire is conjured up like air, use it any time
Fire>=Air>Earth>=water

Give me power

Water is everywhere.

Air please.

HEART!

Heat is the lowest form of energy, while electricity being more noble. If you see firebending as bending of energy makes sense for better bender to control a more noble form.

have fun with your waterbending on a desert

Non bending has best waifu

gimme Ice wizard
CRYOMANCY > ALL

mah negroid

EARTH
WIND
FIRE AND AIR

it still is a healing skill you need a water bender to do it and if anybody can be a bender whay didn't sokka become one and again just 3 guys and one was stronger than the other

Then how can you have electricity with a dry carpet?

>Suki
>Toph
>Azula
>Mai
Water and Air get fucked.

There's also water in the desert.

if anything air is the worse. it has no way to have s passive defense, all active defense needs to be a direct counter attack, and yet still requires even more activity than others to successfully attack if you dont have a tool to aid it

>Starts as a mighty god made of earth and roots
>Slowly turns into a fucking faggot once more elements are added

What did they mean by this?

Glad you could bake it.

>mfw I just remembered all those early 2000s late 90s Scooby Doo straight to dvd movies
Fuck you user

>you will never sex the Hex Girls

Rocks are manly?

Rolling for Nigga Wizzard

fire > air > water > earth

nippon wizard get

*Ding*

IT'S DONE.

1st season is ok.
2nd is flaming garbage.
3rd is great.
4th is ok.

You've just tossed a terrible salad, Arthas.

Yes but you posted the wrong one

3>2>1>>>>>>>>This is objective truth pleb

>season 2
>good
I mean, if you like shovelling shit down your throat then I guess.

Does this series still have a good output of r34?

Season 2 is arguably the best. The spirit stuff was finally given some backstory that retroactively made the spirit bullshit injected into the rest of the series partially forgivable. The civil war between the different water tribes was solid too. What exactly didn't you like?

Sozin is literally my husbando

goddamn the things i would do to this sweet piece of ass...

As did you.

Rollan'

Ooh shit, patrician's choice

>no muscle
Disgusting.

>make a dumb thread
>forget about it
>an hour later see it at the top of the catalog with 170 replies

Neat

I'll never know that feel

the 21st night of September?

youtube.com/watch?v=HWTfzFY4fVQ

>God tier
Dimensional shit (Time, space, gravity, etc)
Poison/Toxic

>High tier
Ice/Cold
Electricity/Lightning
Shadow
Psionics/Mysticism
Metal

>Good tier
Water
Air/Wind
Light

>Low tier
Fire
Earth

>Shit tier
Good/purity/etc
Evil/undead/demonic

Metal>Wood>Water>Earth>Fire

prove me wrong, faggots

Fire>Earth>Water>Air

Fire=earth=water=air

All have their place

I thought Avatar 1 was "the last airbender"
how did he air bend her if they was dead

Finally someone with actual taste

Dark is the absence of light, how can it be an element.

Better not be shit

Works for me, always hated niggers anyway

this
well kind of. Katara and Korra were worst girls

G H O S T

In season two, a deus ex machina solved the conflict and Korra brought spirits into the physical world. Now for no reason it gave bending powers to people who could not bend before, including airbending. The guy you see in the video is one of the people who got airbending.

Rorring

well, Tidus is in final fantasy x, but that's not quite a series, just a game, but your question is dumb so screw you!

top kek anons

Agreed. Earth nation girls are the best, bender or no.

Avatar the last air bender is a million times better watch that instead.

>Not Earth=Wind=Fire>>>>>>>>>>>> Gay as water
youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk

Where my earth bois at

Did you know they actually did do that in Korra?

I already watched that, which is why I asked if the sequel is worth watching.

The sun is the reason why life even exists.

I watched last airbender in the spring and been doing Korra since summer. It's so bad. S tier setting, dogshit writing. So many plot holes. So many dumb characters. So many leaps of logic that make no sense other than to push the plot. The mc is almost literally retarded.

But the worst part? The jobbing. Oh my god. They job so often. I can't stand it. I fucking cheered out loud in season two when Bolin stopped some bad guys(if you've seen it you know when)

There's some good characters but they're not immune to everything I listed. I'm halfway into season four and sort of regret it, sort of enjoyed parts.

Pic not super related but what was the deal with the blue fire? Could someone explain.

that's called "lightning"

Earth has the best qts

>Using one element
>Not using them all, plus more
Casual.

R-rolling.

Just watch it and don't feel bad about dropping it at any point.

Your shitty golems are trash and lose to a water golem everytime

ROCK EM
SOCK EM

Ecco the Dolphin.

and like all video games, not using the concepts to their full ability

Spongebob

>no one remembers this epic meme
Cred Forums is dead

Rollins

rollingo

Ice>Blood>Shadow>Smoke

>tfw the rural town I lived in was full of juggalos

They were honestly not bad people - hell, they all got together and each gave 100$ to a charity drive when they could barely afford their clown paint - but good fucking god do they have some bad taste in music.

I never knew what the Avatar world looks like until I recently discovered the CK2 mod.

How the hell did this gigantic ass city get conquered?

Bi-Han please.

>ATLA
learning your opposite element is hard

>TLoK
"I AM LE AVATAR, YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT XDDD" *firebends*

>*action*

AAAAHHHHHHHHGGG

They infiltrated it and took it from within when Iroh's siege didn't work. Bear in mind, Iroh's siege only failed because he gave up once his son died.

from the inside

It's opposite as in mentality, not element. Korra struggled the entire season to learn air because she was a stubborn meathead when airbending is about being spiritual and open to change. It's about the only thing they did right.

Season 3 Korra was pretty fucking great though. Maybe it even rivals AtLA.

Air > Fire > Water > Earth

>game has "air" magic
>its just a bunch of lightning

plasma>all

All of Korra is better than TLA. Aang and the creators fucking pussy vegan attitudes brought TLA down a lot not to mention TLA is more focused around the episodic plots rather than Korra focusing mainly on the major plot of the season.

>Earth Magic
>it's just poison

Objectively correct

Have you even seen Korra?

the number of people who don't seem to understated how this works is obscene

The elemental meme references the states of matter; those being Solid, Liquid, Gas, and Plasma

Lighting is plasma, it falls under fire

Also light is a partial not a state of matter

>Game has Black Magic
>It's a gun

*Particle

Its been a day

>Sozin did nothing wrong.
He's a fucking retard bro. His plan is to incinerate an entire continent with only 6 airships by using Sozin's Comet which only lasts like what, 2 hours?

She was just super duper strong so her fire was more intense. If you make a campfire or something the blue part of the fire is the center and is usually where it burns the strongest.

She was just way above everyone else in ability which is why it was blue and also why she could fight like 5 or 6 high tier opponents at one point to a standstill without breaking a sweat.

That wasn't Sozin that was Ozai. Sozin just used it to burn down each nomad temple which would've been doable in 2 hours since they were waiting ahead of time and had surrounded it on all sides with their big navy. They were all temples on long but small islands and would've burnt quick.

Ozai was the one who tried to burn the Earth Kingdom and even then his plan was to just disable their military to an extent they couldn't put up a fight anymore.

The Earth Kingdom was the only nation that managed any kind of war against them and did so for over 100 years. Without the comet they never would've been able to take them out.

>water
>not ice

You can have water without ice but you can't have ice without water.

kill yourself, seriously

What if froze a coke? Coke isn't water.

Dumbass.

He makes some decent points, but spends waaay too much time with unfunny jokes.

A lot like TLoK.

fire >

>tfw one of Aang and Katara's children is canonically a useless hippie that never accomplishes anything in her life

>there's no water in coke

If it was water it wouldn't be coke retard. Next I bet you'll say milk is water and you can freeze that.

>dis nigga fought 100 people at one time and killed them all by himself
>we never got to see him do anything other than play fight with a teenager and slide around some ice
>we almost got to see him fight team avatar but nah

God damnit.

>Not choosing earth and protecting everyone
>Not also getting a few light spells for maximum utility

Aang was a soft faggot, it's not surprising that they're fucker's up. Katara can only do so much.

I'll always stick up for fire, fire is cool as long as it isn't just flames and nothing else. I mean, fire is just heat energy so what's to stop other types of energy being accessed from that? People always expand earth to include metals and sometimes "life", air always gets lightning and water gets ice and other liquids so I think it's only fair that fire gets to branch out to other forms of energy, I mean, the 4 classical elements are meant to represent liquids, gases, solids and energy after all.

From there you get all sorts of cool abilities that are better than just throwing fireballs around, being able to superheat your hands so you could melt through things with them, creating plasma and controlling the Sun, you know, the source of energy for most of the biomass on the planet.

And even if we are just talking fire alone and no other energy, at least you get to be able to throw tiny flaming meteorites around, fly over buildings with giant gouts of flames and cause explosions in peoples lungs.

Earth is a pretty cool second best and the others are just whatever.

Oh? What's this?

>Fire is about ending the fight with overwhelming power before your opponent can react
>Earth is about having solid defense, becoming an impenetrable shield
>Air is about avoiding damage, staying light on your feet and dodging anything your opponent throws at you
>Water is about reacting fluidly to your opponent

Korra's character should have been a lot more like Sokka. Chill, laid back, a very go-with-the-flow attitude. You'd think baby Korra's line would come from a Fire or Earth nation Avatar.

What orbs lets me ask the druid how the fuck he managed to mis-assign all these colors to the elements?

>A world where Korra was the Sokka of the group instead of Bolin, And Asami was the Suki
>You'll never experience this
Why were we even born? Just to die?

Korra was just a shitty show and did nothing with the philosophy behind the elements outside of using it to create a "when will Korra unlock this power" tension in season 1.

what the fuck is plasma

fuck the plasma and fuck da police

>Yellow is fire
>Red is earth

I am triggered beyond belief.

>Offered with superhuman abilities
>Complains about colors
Classic Cred Forums

Let's get rolling.

Earth>Wind>Fire
>DO YOU REMEBER

That reminds of how great it was when Bolin first started lavabending

>and sometimes "life
which is retarded because water is life, not earth

Are we talking about Cardcaptors? Fire was the cutest.

>i wanna fuck that lesbian

The sun, the sun is plasma.

I'd say life is a mix of all 4 elements rather than solely 1, life doesn't just form in pools of water with organisms made of nothing but water in the same way it doesn't crawl out of the ground as tiny rock dudes.

Obviously there's water in everything living but there are also minerals they get from the Earth, oxygen they need for respiration and energy that usually comes (indirectly) from the Sun (or geothermal vents).

>here pick some of these earth elements......and the sun lol
whoever invented plasma should die.

>Obviously there's water in everything living
thus water is the predominant force behind it, and should be the element behind "life", not earth.

>implying fishes breath oxygen

how do the card captor cards work, animebro?

I was too young to pay attention to such trash back in the golden age of manime.

Fire>Water>Air n'>Dirt

Except the foremost earthbender prior to Toph figuring out how to manipulate best music, is an insane madman.

Air and yellow. -89 degrees celcius sounds broken as fuck.

Let's analyse this.

Water = Passive Changeable

Earth = Passive Resilient

Fire = Active Resilient

Air = Active Changeable

In the hierarchy Water>Earth>Fire>Air, Passive gets put entirely before Active, indicating a strong preference. The Changeables are at the extremes, indicating that this factor acts as an intensifier of both goodness and badness, and vice-versa for Resilience.

So OP is highly passive and thinks the changeable makes the biggest difference, for better or for worse. Sounds like a little bitch to me.

First you have to dress up as a magical girl, then you have to throw the card. I don't remember much, all I remember is the Fire card was a little qt3:14

yeah they do breath oxygen, there is oxygen dissolved into the water (aside from the obvious oxygen in water molecules) that fish need to breath, they can't breath just pure water.

He wasn't insane, just a little eccentric.

Sozu and Azura were ego-centric murderous fucking sociopaths.

Who ever invented plasma? Or who ever invented the term?

Let's try it with some new elements.

Rate your stance on each pairing.

bread

That's the point. She was earthbending and firebending as a toddler like it was no big deal. But struggled hard with air and would've probably done it with water too if she wasn't born in the water nation.

Lightning and Ice need more complex systems to accomodate them.

Broadly speaking, Water is an opposite to Fire. But the strict abscence of Hot is Cold, and as Fire is mostly defined by Hot, it makes sence that Fire's true opposite is Ice.

Following from this, we can say that each Greek element has a true opposite representing its abscence.

Fire - Ice

Earth - Lightning

Water - Dust

Air - Metal

The reasoning for this being that true earth is non-conductive, metallic element occur very rarely in gases, and dust embodies dryness.

It is further possible to insert esoteric elements like Forest or Poison into the model via intermediaries and their opposites.

you were a pedo back then, user.

I was like 10. But I still think he/she/it is cute.

Now how the fuck did my image not post.

Who /gravity/ here?

I like your posts. I feel like I learn something from it.

why the fuck is air blue and water green holy fuck this is so retarded

And posts like this are why I love Cred Forums. You can't get analytic elsewhere without shitty board politics getting in the way. The praise means a lot to me, so thank you fellow 'non.

korra is not canon anyways

>Korra is not canon

There are some things that shouldn't exist, this is one of them.

I pick the one on the middle whatever one that is. The moderate one.

EARTH > WIND > FIRE > AIR

Earth can beat all of them

It's a normal clam. There would be no pearls without them.

No ugly, no beauty. Law of life. Hey, those would make good elements!

>earth can absorb water
>earth can stop cold the wind
>earth can swallow the fire
Earth truly is da best.

any element in high quantity can destroy the others

Funny how only the earth kingdom was able to stand up against the fire nation

>Knocked together an element system for a planned CYOA most of a year ago
>CYOA didn't pan out but I liked the system
>perfect for a thread like this
>computer broke two weeks ago, haven't moved files yet
>can't remember filename, so don't know where to start searching on desuarchive

>this has happened before

Because the air and water nations are are extremely weak.

>freeze water to destroy earth
>use running water to erode earth

not so tough now

>use running water to erode the earth
How many millions of years will that take?

>implying water can't dissolve earth, dirt, and rocks
>implying air can't erode earth, dirt, and rocks
>implying fire can't ....
Can fire actually beat earth? What exactly does fire do against earth? It seems like the flaming zombie effect, the earth is still there just now in flames.

How does the lava move from the bottom of the earth to the surface?

I only wish there was a way to scan for images on archives and detect for words within them, then search. There'd be a lot of false positives for single words, but for images with consistent or prominent phrases the utility would be vast.

Earth without plants is useless
Air without oxygen is worthless
Water without purity is ruined

You don't have to destroy something to win

>Earth without plants is useless
>Air without oxygen is worthless
>Water without purity is ruined
I don't think that will stop a mancer from bending the element, or it will?

Flesh Wizard reporting in.

>tfw you roll snakepenis every time

epic meme

water is best anyway

my female friend who is into zodiac shit told me my zodiac element was water the other day. pretty cool considering I always liked water the most.

Not him but the fact that Korra fucks up and disintegrates the avatar cycle left a bad taste in my mouth.

You have so much potential, so many story arcs, so many different avenues of exploring the avatar's past lives and you basically make it so that it all resets?

What the fuck were they thinking, it's hard to believe that these are the same people who made season three and AtLA

rename dust to sand and we are set

Got em

> these are the same people who made season three and AtLA
the same people made s3 and atla
only 2 of them made s1 2 and 4

>Most useful offensively to kill another person(Close Range)
Air>Water>Earth>Fire

>Most useful offensively to kill another person(Far Range)
Air>Earth>Water>Fire

>Most useful defensively to protect yourself(close range)
Water>Earth>Air>Fire

Most useful defensively to protect yourself(far range)
Air>Earth>Water>Fire

Objective Power Rankings:
Air>>>Water>Earth>>>>>Fire

>Implying earth wouldn't absorb water and become a living panacea
>Implying water isn't fucked by trying to overtake earth and becoming plant food

fire bending is stupid and OP, pls nerf
>air benders can bend everytime cause... there's fucking air everywhere
>water benders can bend water only when they have some water close to them
>earth benders can bend earth when they are close to earth
>fire benders: LMAO I SHOOT FIRE FROM MY HANDS XD
at least Shamalan famalan movie was right with this

Still though, Aang took three fucking seasons to learn how to bend all four elements, had to deal with a lot of shit, and still barely managed to learn firebending before the comet arrived.

Yet this bitch can bend 3/4 elements from the start of the series, yet takes most of the series to learn how to bend air?

When she had spent a decade in some super sekret klub that's dedicated towards helping the avatar and shit?

Like what, you're telling me that nobody bothered to teach her air bending at some point before the first season?

A mancer with a bullet in the head stops mancing

at the end of the day how you act is what maters so just take the the philosophy with a grain of salt in your powerlevel discussion

invincibility is a heat haze

It's funny that you mention that because AtLA was the one who actually had an overarching plotline.

One of the reasons why I picked dust was to broaden the base. "Dust" feels more centric to "dry particulate solid" than Sand, and also feels more distinct from Earth, which is a factor in keeping the elements neat. Sand feels more like a subtype of Dust than vice-versa.

There's also a connection between Dust and Fire, similar to that of Water and Ice. When a body is cremated, we say "Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust". Sand conveys more Earthy imagery, which would break this symmetry.

they addressed it by making it the most powerful and advanced nation and water the most dindu one.

Int roll

roll.

I still dislike korra
thanks for the (You)

>implying your meme golem doesn't become a mud golem as soon as it clashes with a water golem
At that point you have already lost.

MAGNET
A
G
N
E
T

I like fire because its my element
If I had to pick ones other then that i'd say water or air.

are you a wizard?

this is retarded, you can't even get close to someone that uses fire with your air attack. you would burn yourself to death

Competetively speaking, long range is a defensive asset; it allows an attacker to strike from a safe distance where the enemy cannot reach them. It falls into the broader category of avoidant defenses, which include high mobility and stealth/obfuscation.

Arguably this entire bracket is encompassed by the Air element. Water at best provides mobility, and Fire obfuscation (smoke+blinding), while Earth provides none. It's unsurprising that Air comes to the top of analysis when long-range is treat doubly on top of defense.

In wholeness, Earth and Fire have chiefly resistive defensive attributes - such as high HP, conditional invulnerabilities or damaging enemies on contact. Earth has a strong claim to any ability in this category, and Fire and Water moderate. Air generally has none, as the lightest, highly permissive element. Symmetry is restored.

The distinction speaks less about the raw ability of each element to defend themselves, as it does for their role on a team. Air is unlikely to form the core of a defensive brunt, and Earth makes for a poor assassin.

This is pussy shit. Here's the real deal.

>implying they wouldn't just seperate it into it's constituent parts in their struggle to control it.

>the battle turns into two autists trying to reform their respective golems after the initial clash

>What is manipulating the granules of rocks and minerals around the area and becoming a basalt golem that can tank your shitty splash of water

No.

Rolling for Penis Wizard

how to know when an element chart is shit

>it includes time
>it includes arcane and unknown
>it separates blood from water
Shit chart

That would be great.

>implying the water nigger can't do the same
Enjoy being frozen and cracking as soon as you attempt to move

Rolling?

Reminder, your sign determines your elemental affinity

>implying Libra wouldn't be smack dab in the middle

>Implying the air is cold enough to do that
>Implying you have enough affinity to attempt it

rollout

>Thing is shit because of arbitrary reasons

I'm a Leo and I'm afraid of fire.................

Necromancy all day

>implying the air controls the temperature
>implying it isn't fire and water the ones in charge of hot and cold
Your move.

>scorpio
>water
In what fucking universe?

It has always been water. Always.

They are based in mental states or some shit not in stupid shit like scorpions living in a desert.

Scorpios are fucking crybabies like Cancer and Pisces.

When the Sun explodes and engulfs the planet I don't think there'll be much earth left.

>See water
>Rocks around? Strengthen defenses and let it crash over you
>No Rocks? Bury underground and gather soil for counterattack
>No ground? Manipulate the cobblestone/slates/etc to your liking and defend/counterattack
>All water? Sink to the bottom and gather all that wet dirt or sand and create a self-sustaining ecosystem that absorbs all the water before you can make your move

I win.

The Sun isn't fire.

Yeah it is.

No it isn't.

If the sun is fire then so is my dick.

All dicks are rock.

I'll allow it.

What are pussies then?

Libras are supposedly the most spiritual. Fitting they get air.

Water

>Not picking the only good element

Air is the most cucked element, since most games merely make it about utilizing lightning rather than actual wind.

Is that the windows 7 logo?

LET IT RIP

Yeah and lightning is more of a fire thing than an air thing in the first palce.

Explain how.

While not a retconn, the origin of the avatar was completely terrible. It made Bending a power granted by the turtles which partially retcons what the life lion turtle said. It essentially made the Avatar a soul who hosts a symbiotic worm of "good" because if it dies the worm of evil gets to fuck shit up for a thousand years before making another good worm.

This destroys the "Balance" idea of the avatar and belittles the concept of the entity, which the first series implied was incredibly important (i,E the avatar being an avatar of the world itself)

>Light
>It's magic "holy shit" an not actual photon manipulation.

What's stopping someone from conjuring any one of these elements into your brain for an instant kill? Seems trivial to compare for combat purposes.

Rol

Energy is the basis for fire and electricity. When you get into THE core of elements, it boils down to:
>Energy
>Liquid
>Solid
>Gas

Blue fire means the fire is incredibly hot.

This. They took a mythological figure and turned into a superhero

I got you nigga

Came in here just to ctrl+f magnets

>rock fucks water
No fuck you user, water beats earth

Haha, sup cunts. Still being inferior? That's cool. I'll just be over here, being the best element.

Shut up Cloud.

you are literally a faster fire

Fire bender burn their emotions to make fire. Just like how different chemicals burn different colors so do different emotions. For most firebenders they use anger and whatnot so it's red. For Azula she burns her cold hearted bitchiness, which happens to be blue.

Trufact

It's only a fire thing because Avatar tried to conceptualize fire bending as energy bending, with electrical discharge being the greater form of energy than combustion.

In most games the elements are associated with elemental forces, and air is thus associated with storms, making a lightning a sub set of the element.

obviously water

>Aquarius
>Air

Air>Water
only potential threat while im flying is the nuke from a fire main and i can just tele 100 miles of water and a hurricane between it and me for protection, also i can fly to your mom's house.

water > air > fire > earth

learn what is a beach you dumb piece of shit.

Black>Green>Blue>Red>White

if we're talking mtg

It's not only a fire thing because Avatar did it, it's more like these things have no rules so we just use whatever makes sense to us individually so I would class lightning as fire as the 4 classical elements are based around states of matter with fire representing energy which lightning falls under.

People only give lightning to air because they can't think of anything else to give it and it would be nearly useless if it was only concerned with blowing things about, I've seen games attribute ice to air too because the air is cold sometimes, I guess.

Red>Green>Blue>White>Black

Lightning goes with air because like I said, it's associated with storms.

When you are thinking of air based attacks for an RPG, you think of tornados and storms. So lightning gets thrown in, as common place as wind blades and tempest.

Avatar is probably the only series to connect lightning with fire.

How's the second season of Legend of Korra guys? I never got around to watching it.

Worst season of both series.

read the thread retard or I will fuck you up

Oh shit my bad senpai

>When you are thinking of air based attacks for an RPG, you think of tornados and storms. So lightning gets thrown in, as common place as wind blades and tempest.
this isn't logical you piece of shit.

if we are talking about elements like that then you would need water to make lighting appear.

It never made any sense for wind to have lighting attacks.

It's bad. If you like TLA, just read the synopsis of Korra and don't bother watching it because it actively ruins good things in TLA with some Prequel tier writing.

Why are you so worried about the eyes? Are you concerned that each is watching you? That if you closed your first around one, it would examine your blood with amused delight.

That if you pocketed two together, they would clatter and gossip amongst themselves. "Of Course", you'd think. They broke from the Shining Mind: they have its vitality, but not its wariness or experience.

You would have to lock them in separate boxes, lest they peep at you when you're bathing, and see who you are. The thought of their sight on your skin filling you with horror.

What if your skin turned clear?

What if they saw your bones?

Why do you keep dragging Avatar into this when it has nothing to do with the conversation but is about a bunch of people arguing over their personal interpretation on what belongs to what in regards to the 4 classical elements?

I love Avatar as much as anyone else, but it has nothing to do with why I think lightning/electricity is more of a fire thing than an air thing.

This. I haven't even watched avatar.

I don't know why Cred Forums assumes you have to watch a shitty western show to talk about elements.

>Implying that Solid isn't just denser Liquid, that Liquid isn't denser Gas, that Gas isn't just denser Energy

When you get to the ABSOLUTE CORE of the elements, it boils down to:
>Energy

>*Plasma
ftfy

Why not boil it down further to just
>strings

Is this a faggot I see before me?

>fire mages and mancers are from Pakistan
Muslims must die

air is just pressure you can't beat pressure unless in the vaccuum of space.

Air suffocates by fire
Air gets sealed by water and earth

Air a shit

Hide waterfag threads

Ignore waterfag posts

No not reply to waterfag posters.

water is best, nigger

is it a coincidence I only drink water too?