PlayStation Plus Price Increase Tomorrow

Reminder that today is the last day to get PS Plus at its non-increased price.
Are you gonna resubscribe?
Personally, I'm gonna do just so I can still play Yakuza 5, my older games like Dragon's Crown/Deadly Premonition and so I can "keep" that Castle of Illusion remake and the Genesis version (unless it still stays in my account even if I don't resubscribe).
The only thing I don't know is if I should splurge the $50 now or get 3 months for $18 and see if there'll be any PS Plus cards on sale during black friday.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YIhSABz6ip0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>yfw you're euro master race and won't pay more

I already got 3 years ahead and I got all 3 during those "get $15 back" months to fill what I was missing to reach $100 that month, essentially saving $15 each time.

That's because we've already been paying more for a year retard.

>Paying for your internet twice

Consoles, everyone.

Do PS Plus cards not go on sale all the time? Never owned a PS3 or 4 but I figure they go on sale as often as live does. Been paying 20-30$ a year for Gold since 2007

um.. except euro got the price rise long ago

They do. You can get a year for $40 righ tnow

not as often mostly because they haven't been around as long as live, but yes they do

their base price will still increase though, resulting in lesser sales

>Sonyggers STILL defend this decision
>they still use the "WHAT ARE YOU POOR?" excuse even without realizing the service was free
>they made fun of xbox 360 for having the exact service

I can't believe you console cucks defend this. Don't give me any of that shit about "complaining". Complaining does nothing if you buy it anyway you weak shits.

>he's been taking the WHAT ARE YOU, POOR? IT'S JUST X CENTS A MONTH like it's actually defending the thing
I don't even have a sony system and I say that to make them look bad

Nah. Lost my psn account and I don't play online on consoles anyway.

when? I bought 3 years of plus for 92€ on ebay this summer

you do realize they weren't kidding right?

they actually defend this, lad

Well even then so long as you make an effort every now and again to look for sales instead of buying the subscription up front this price change doesn't seem that big of a deal.

Still, hopefully Sony ups the game with more than just basic Amazon servers. Maybe they could rent out some of Azure, like Apple does?

>mfw never fell for the plus meme

those who do don't defend it with memes

>paying for online access

guess that's why we call em sonycucks

Quit your memeing, guys. We get it. Paying for PS Plus is shitty. No one here is defending it.
Also, why are you guys even in the thread(assuming you don't own consoles) anyway?

I don't pay for PS+ because I don't own a single game that needs online multiplayer, probably never will own one and also there's no other benefit to paying for it.

>tfw dad is a console gamer
>got a PS4 for myself while he pays for PSN and games on his PS4
>use shareplay and mooch off his PSN

Feels great. Literally haven't spent a cent on my PS4 aside from buying it.

I'm currently playing Witcher 3 on PS4 and shitposting on PC, idort master race faggot

>#forthepayers

>92 fucking euros to play the games you bought for 60 bucks online
>mfw people are actually ok with this

daily reminder that Canadian PS+ codes (but not canadian psn money cards) work on US ps4s.

I got a 12 month code from costco canada for $35 USD, though they just took it down. The 3 month code is still there for I think $12 USD.

Truly magnificent.

ITT: pic related

you might be in the wrong thread friendo.

speaking of which, n-noticed PSN added PSVR games last store update

Only for the 3 months. the year kept staying at 50 bux.

Is the price going up for Japanese PS+?

greatness awaits

>paying for online
>hike the price then PSN goes down 3 times in 4 weeks
>somehow retards justify this price hike even though they're getting shit on all the timr

>PC VRs require high-end PCs and an expensive Gadget
>PSVR requires a cheap console and a cheap gadget

Keep going PCuck

If they included Ps Now in the price I'd be all over it but no

They raised our price months ago. The US price didn't increase at that time.

Nope, I'm done with Sony.

never played online, I'm plus for extra discounts and the free rental games, so far they worth more than 3€\month

I wouldn't want to use PS Now even for free, I can already barely stand local remote play -- over the internet is completely unacceptable

even turn based games feel bad because of menu lag

I want a PS4, what features are locked behind PS+? I know online play is, I can live without that

PS now isn't worth it

It's not worth 20 dollars for a fucking streaming service

So you need to pay for a sub to get better deals?That sounds retarted

discounts and monthly free games

that's fucking it

>"region free" console
>can't use credit card or paypal from another region
>have to rely on overpriced gift cards
>10 000 Yen = 98,45 US$, but the 10 000 Yen card costs 106.99 US$ minimum
Never been angrier in my life, they always find a way to jew another ~8% out of your wallet.

Discounts
"Free"* games
And save file back ups to their servers.

jokes on you because you needed a pc to make that picture.

Why are they raising the price?

I've been thinking about getting a PS4. If I go through with it i'll just go ahead and get PS+. I stopped getting it for about a year for my PS3 iirc.

>what features are locked behind PS+?
Using and taking advantage of 99% of the titles nultiplayer

>free games
It's not free if you pay for it

cloud saves, and that's about it I think -- you can use a usb thumbdrive so it doesn't matter

I guess there's also a handful of "exclusive" demos and sales locked behind it -- I typically save over $50 a year just from additional sales, so I haven't been caring to pay for it because of that

also not all online play is locked, only actual multiplayer (aka not leaderboards and other minor online features) -- and it doesn't apply with subscriptions-based or f2p games (can play without PS+)

>paying to play online

Kek.

quit being a weeb then

at least you can play nip games on us ps4s

>they pay for their internet twice
>they have to follow rules on their own internet
>they can't even host their own servers
>they are subject to sudden shutdown with no refunds

Are console online players the biggest cucks?

>I've been thinking about getting a PS4. If I go through with it i'll just go ahead and get PS+.
Why would you pay for a service you get literally nothing out of?

>ever paying for a glorified p2p connection

This is why aside the dudebro catering why I abandoned them after PS2 and never supported Microshaft. You're an idiot if you pay for a p2p service in a shiny wrapper. It does nothing but serve as a selling place for store items, stores data, and routes your connection to other players. You're paywalled from your own internet, it's a surpreme form of cuckoldry.

just wait until steam starts charging for online

>pay monthly subscription
>get access to games
>lose access to said games if you stop paying

Yo dawg, look at all these movies Netflix let me watch for free if I pay a monthly sub.

>Why are they raising the price?
No reason beyond wanting more money

Despite all this money they've received thus far in their pay wall, they've done nothing to stop the constant outages and poor service

Jewish of the highest caliber

They'd lose more then half their userbase, and their PR would never survive the disaster. Steam's large userbase is thanks to its ease of access to service with good discounts on games.

saying it many times wont make it real

Netflix doesn't advertise that they're giving you free movies or the fact that they're giving them to you in the first place

Because they can. These are the same people who a few months ago said they were making gorrillions off the PSN service with digital games, music, and movies/tv.

keep dreaming you console kid

They profited some 400m dollars last year just in PS fees and now they're raising the price for no reason other than they can

If they did that pc gaming would drop over night. The paid mods debacle alone should show that pc users won't tolerate bullshit

NOT IN UK

YASS I CAN SPEND IT ON A HAGGIS SUPPER HAHA

The difference is, if I import a region locked console, like the 3DS for example, I can use my credit card just fine.
If I were to import a PS4 I still couldn't.

Funny because if you took your credit card to the country you got the ps4 from it'd work at every store

>Witcher on PS4

Please, mate. kys or play it on PC.
I have a PS4 and a PC and I'm just using it as a Bloodborne/Uncharted/Until Dawn/Persona 5/FFXV machine.

No reason to play games that have a PC release on that thing.

Yeah, Sony has this weird idea of your account address having to match your credit card address.
So of course my fake Japanese address will never allow that.

At least importing physical copies still works.

>they can't even host their own servers
/vr/ here what about the whole WoW fiasco what happened with that?

I'm just glad my games don't use the internet

got it as a gift and im having a blast

shame tho i really wanted the TW1 young Geralt mod

WoW was a whole other beast

>you had to buy a game
>you had to buy a subscription on TOP of buying the game
>you had to grind and continue paying a subscription for the freedom to grind

All assuming the PC was capable of running the game on high settings

Never subscribed in the first place. I don't play online enough to pay for it.

>PSN adds paypal
>"oh, that'll probably solve my international payment issues"
>not available on jap PSN

>pay for online
>pay for games
Pick one, the other is free

Not that but the fans wanted the old update(?) back and they had the server shutdown for all the fans who just wanted vanilla WoW

I wish NipMoot would ban children from this place.

>go to a restaurant to buy food
>waiter gives you a FREE PS4 game with your food
>come back to eat there regular, he gives you a new FREE game every month
>one day they change chef, and the food is kinda shitty, stop going there
>waiter breaks into your house and gets all the games back

not him but he's got a point. plus is still a fraud anyway

If Nintendo can afford to have free online for the 3DS and Wii U how come Sony can't afford it? Are they broke or something?

they'll probably just shut it down again like 2 years after the NX is out

no, they know how thirsty and defensive sonyggers are, so they bumped the price for more shekels

Don't give Sony your Mony

Nope, just greedy. Sony's game division has been on a major upswing since PS4's release. With the losses from PS3 they were ALMOST justified in their gay little paywall, with this price increase and their actual profits and earnings they have no excuse for this price increase. Not even Neofag can make proper excuses for this.

>food analogy
Every time.

this
>paying to play with screaming 12 year olds

I wonder, say you are a developer of a cross platform online game, could you just make your game's online functionality work on PS4 for everyone?

You need to host your own servers either way.

>never had a ps3 but got a ps4
>sold it as soon as the neo was a thing
>never bought plus
>all of my friends that got hooked onto PS plus since it's inception have to pay even more or lose access to about half of their game library
feel amazing

>Paying extra to play online.

No matter where I see this for a game or a console I always think it sounds retarded.

>we heart indie games
i thought that was some promotional phrase sony used near the launch of the ps4

Sony pony revisionist

ghost busters flopped

good video game soundtracks osts
youtube.com/watch?v=YIhSABz6ip0

ff14 is cross platform and doesn't require ps+

Nintendo's online is garbage, though.

Not that Sony aren't just doing it to be jews.

SFV is cross-play with PC.

>My Sony defense is failing, better use the nostalgia card!

Fuck you, this is an everyone vs everything zone

Nope not anymore. I built my pc a few months back and only use my ps4 for Netflix now. Though I am gonna keep it for Yakuza as well.

What the fuck, even Nip mobage take my gaijin credit card with no complaints.

Sony a shit

Don't give Sony your Mony

>sonyggers have to pay for online
>they still get attacked by script kiddies

SONY MADE A WALL AND YOU'RE PAYING FOR IT FUCKING SONYGGERS

To remind you all that your trash.

You lose access to PS+ stuff when you don't actively have a subscription, but if you renew your subscription say, a year later, your downloads list will be repopulated with every item you once owned. Including the monthly rotational stuff as long as you clicked download once (Even if you never actually downloaded it).
And you won't lose or have to pay extra for items you bought at a PS+ discount, or lose exclusives you payed for, like the HE God of War stuff.

Why would I worry about this last chance when I already bought 3 years worth of PS+ time?

The PS5 and XBox Two will be out by the time my sub runs out