What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ghLe3JUVwTk
arstechnica.com/gaming/2008/04/crytek-swears-off-pc-exclusive-games-in-piracy-wake/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Obtained the right to Timesplitters and are holding out with them.

Unforgivable.

they chased an audience and abandoned the audience that made them big in the first place.

Was just about to post this.

consoles

They spent too much trying to design games. They should have just stuck to engine design, which they excel at.

They fell for the f2p meme.
youtube.com/watch?v=ghLe3JUVwTk

Forgot about this. Oh, and Warface.

Yeah, Crytek can't into games.

>chase the console audience
>go bankrupt
Selling out doesn't always work I guess.

overextending without significant results

They aren't bankrupt kid

incompetent sandnigger ceo

>remove cheats from dev console because of muh multiplayer
I fucking hate this, why even bother with a dev console if you can't do anything fun with it? They should have kept the multiplayer separate from the base game like Crysis Wars if they were worried about cheating. It's bad enough that they abandoned mod support.

PC

VR

The only time i've seen where focusing only on graphics rather than gameplay will kill a company/game

Crysis 1's gameplay is good though.

Everything after Crysis 3 was a massive failure and quite literally put them on the verge of going bankrupt.

>Ryse
>The Homefront curse
>A bunch of F2P games that all flopped
>VR junk

Homefront 2 could have been an okay game if it didn't use their shit engine

Crysis/Crysis: Warhead are great though. Crysis 2 was dumbed down but it wasn't awful or anything. Crysis 3 was fun but way too short.

Homefront 2 should have been pseudo-open world like Far Cry and the Crysis games. The open world is pointless since there's no real reason to revisit any locations and it suffered from too much filler like most Ubisoft games. Everything just feels half-assed, like the game could have been good if it was more focused.

Shitty management and not paying your employees or only paying half of their paycheck while the upper managers proceeded to show off their Porsche or BMW in front of the office building.

Ever since that accident some of their most important engine programmers jumped ship and are now working literally two blocks down on Star Citizen.

>focusing only on graphics
>made consoles games

that was their downfall

Greed has such an ugly face.
arstechnica.com/gaming/2008/04/crytek-swears-off-pc-exclusive-games-in-piracy-wake/

>yfw you start a riot in one of the yellow zones for the first time
I wanted to love this game but holy shit the performance made that almost impossible

At least they did what nearly all "AAA" devs don't do and tried to remedy it. It has gotten better since the abysmal launch

>not paying your employees or only paying half of their paycheck while the upper managers proceeded to show off their Porsche or BMW in front of the office building
I believe that. I know the "not paying employees" part is 100% true but given how the CEO of the company is so full of himself, I can believe the latter easily.

It's kinda funny that Crysis still ended up being one of the best-selling PC games of all time.

>given how the CEO of the company is so full of himself
This is what I cannot understand about him for the love of God. The fact that he puts huge "CEVAT YERLI PRESENTS" in his tech demos alone is ridiculous. Sure, some games do have credits in the beginning but Crysis games are the only ones that I've ever seen CEO putting himself at the first position in. That just has arrogance written all over it.

Also the Darksiders spin-off Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded Age. I saw procedurally-generated and closed the tab. Crytek just keeps following trends.

>being one of the best-selling PC games of all time
nigga what it doesn't even come in the top 4

World of Warcraft 140million
Diablo III 120million
Counter-Strike 125million
The Sims 112million