Rogue Galaxy

Is it and its sequel any good?

Haven't played a good JRPG in awhile, need something new.

It's a good game, the only problem is it uses every rpg cliche in a bad way in the story. I also found the end planet disappointing. Otherwise it's a lot of fun, and you'll probably like it if you liked Dark Cloud.

Funny you ask cause I'm playing it right now. Haven't finished it but so far it's been really fuckin good. I was a big fan of Dark Cloud 1 and 2, and always wanted a third, but I now consider this to be that game.

it doesn't have a sequel

I heard it has some kind of restrictive stamina bar so I'm not convinced.

There's an AP bar that goes down when you take actions like attacking or using items or skills, but it doesn't take long to fill up again and it recharges instantly when you block an attack. While it's doesn't feel really necessary it's not that bad in practice and doesn't get in the way.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is there most recent game.

God I had a raging boner for the girl with the bow.

It's garbage, literally a 1/10 game. No redeeming qualities.

Those who defend it have probably never played a good JRPG.

I can't really give an objective opinion without factoring in nostalgia, but I fucking loved this game. I beat it two times when I was younger, and I rebought it recently and platinum'd it.

If you like Level 5 games like Dark Cloud, White Knight Chronicles, Ni No Kuni etc. you should enjoy it.

Don't expect a super-deep JRPG with intricate battle systems or story.

it's alright.
Still waiting on PS2 classics versions of xenosaga, i'd love to see that game running not like total ass. Then again with wild arms 3 STILL fucking crashing around enemies that use special attacks, i'm not hopeful.

Or an IMOQ collection. I'd kill for an IMOQ collection.

Really bad. Boring story, bland characters, a tedious repetitive battle system and longass dungeons.

Getting some polarised opinions here.

It's an OK game just wait for it to go on sale.

It's terrible. Story and character wise it pulls out all the clichés it can think of. Combat devolves into pausing and spamming abilities.

It's a JRPG that doesn't do much special, and was part of the early wave of the popular gen 7 "action JRPG" genre. It's got traits of dark cloud mixed with the tales of games, but it's definitely a large, unrefined influence of eternal sonata.

The story and characters are indicative of an attempt to try and create a larger universe that would span multiple games, maybe even a comic or something, but that obviously never happened so it feels awkward, like the last remnant. They put in all this effort to making a world and building stuff up with not very much payoff.

It's a solid 6/10.

Pros:
Its a Level 5 game so its got a shitload of charm.
Great music
Great VA
Shitload of things to do
Unique skill system
Some of the planets are pretty great
Cons:
Cliche as fuck story and characters
Dungeons range from boring to very long and boring
Grindy
Some of the planets are ass

Its a solid enough game, just has some glaring flaws.

>Is [Rogue Galaxy] and its sequel any good?
>Sequel
>Rogue Galaxy

What? Wait, WHAT?

Err, it was part of gen 6, but it was an influencer of the gen 7 action JRPG genre, to clarify.

Play it yourself faggot and tell us.

What's the best 6th gen action rpg?

Yeah they put in a lot of effort into world building but they also played it extremely safe. It's probably one of the more derivative settings I've ever seen.

Which is a huge bummer because "space rpg with different planets" sounds like the most surefire way to make a cool setting.

The combat is pretty shit due to having to enter the menu everytime to use items and skills and wait for the animation or skip.
Also the encounter rate is annoying.
But the overall the game isn't bad, you should try it

Dark Cloud 2 aka Dark Chronicle in EUstan.

the boss battles were such shit and the ending blew cocks, but I had a great time

Personally i'd argue for star ocean 3 for pure gameplay, kingdom hearts/2 for a comprehensive experience.

Neat. I haven't played that yet but I've been emulating my way through a bunch of PS2, Gamecube and Wii classics I missed lately.

Will playing Kingdom Hearts give me autism?

Only if you start caring about the story.

no, but trying to look into the story will.

Dark cloud/2 are also great choices as the other user said.

I vaguely remember playing this way back.
It was pretty charming with good combat mechanics IIRC. It had lots of long empty halways though, and the story and characters weren't terribly interesting at least for the first half.
I'd give it decent/10. I remember having a good time with it.
No idea about the sequel though.

Sequel? WHat?

I've never had to grind once and all the dungeons have been varied, and each planet has a unique setting.

SEQUEL??

Greatest monster collecting/fighting minigame

This and Skies of Arcadia were my jams back in the day.

>always selecting skills every fight to make it annoying for yourself
Doing it wrong, the suggestion system is there for a reason.

Sounds worse than FF12

What sequel are you talking about? Anyway, it's just straight up 5/10 game. The only good thing I can think of is that the characters are not that gay. They're generic af though.

Do you actually know how it works or are you just assuming? The game is an action RPG, while you're all fighting a party member will ask you for a suggestion out of three skills or items to use based on what's happening, you can tell them to do one of them without stopping anything. It's a great system.

What region cover is that? USA cover is better than that.

Steve Blum voices the eyepatch guy.

>and its sequel

If only...

Great game, but honestly the ending was somehow even a bigger fuck you than ME3's.

Rogue Galaxy had a sequel?

I don't mind it but it is abominably frustrating to play at times
>Take way too much damage from everything
>AI is fucking retarded and I MEAN fucking retarded and will NEVER block attacks and always get themselves killed
>No healing spells either so you're forced to spam healing items which are admittedly plentiful
>MIMICS
>Bad script (and I mean bad)
>Special attacks are absolutely fucking useless
>Upgrades are based on items meaning some characters can't progress without getting certain rare drops
>Game explains the invention system incredibly poorly
It's the worst parts of Dark Cloud and Ni No Kuni all rolled into one, yet somehow I liked what I played of it. There's a lot to do in it and it looks really nice for a PS2 title.
I did stop playing after I got wiped out at that solo boss fight in the mines that kills you in one or two hits while you're forced to use the Boston Terrier man out of nowhere and with likely no preparation, and I can't be fucked farming rare items to upgrade him holy fuck why is there so much wrong with this game?

And it always suggests the worst fucking things so it just becomes an annoyance of JASTER JASTER JASTER JASTER.

>aka Dark Chronicle in EUstan.
or Japan or any other civilised nation that isn't dumb enough to not recognise the brand without having to call it fucking Dark Cloud 2.

I swear you entire media is based around catering to your stupidity.

You sound really bad at the game and games in general if you actually think special attacks are bad, mimics are a bad thing, you didn't upgrade the character you're forced to use and you didn't expect a duel and actually died there.
No it doesn't? It always suggests a variety of different options? You can turn off certain attacks so it only suggests the ones you want it to?

>MIMICS
monography shot makes defeating mimics trivial.

and fighting Gale in the mine is easy. learn to block and don't get carried away with combos and he goes down easy. it just takes a while.

I bought Bully from the PS4 store and it runs like shit, so badly it's unplayable for me and I deleted it. I can't even get a refund. Should all the PS2 classics on there be avoided? On PS3 I got the Fatal Frame games and God Hand, those work perfectly. What went wrong?

Are you european or australian?

Pal games run like shit because it's "upscaled" from 25 fps to 30 with frame blending.

>you didn't upgrade the character you're forced to use and you didn't expect a duel and actually died there.
Yeah you're right. I mean fuck me for not being clairvoyant enough to realise that the game would right then and there throw a boss fight at me with one particular character which had never been done prior in the game, and fuck me for not being aware enough to upgrade said character I would have no way of knowing I'd be forced to use.

>DC3 isn't coming for a while
FeelsDepressingMan

Nah, I'm in the US. Georgia. My account is not set in a different region either. I guess they were just sloppy with the PS4's emulation.

Psychonauts is even worse. PS2 version runs like arse anyway but the one we got (and subsequently got for this is even worse). Why couldn't they at least given us the NA version especially considering that they did that for the PS1 and PS2 games on PS3 plus the obviously newly released PS2 games on here. They've gotten lazier with them. The opening line up overall ran really well.

>Deego's entire arc and presence and the whole planet's story up to that point: "I have to stop Gale I'm the one that has to do it"
>he's been in your party the entire time you've been on the planet and you can't swap him out
>you somehow didn't level up a character that's in your party that entire time
>the fight isn't even difficult
Saying you were bad was me being kind, you suck more than nipples if you couldn't deal with that.

I've honestly forgotten just about everything about it, and I played it for the first time around a year ago.

The dungeons are so shit they make other dungeon crawlers look interesting. I've never seen a lazier copy and paste job. And they drag on and on and on, repeating the same room ad nauseum.

That's strange, I had literally no problems with Bully on my system. Not that I noticed anyway.

You could potentially contact sony and ask for a refund on the grounds that it runs like shit. Might be worth a try at least.