What does Cred Forums think of the koopalings?

What does Cred Forums think of the koopalings?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GlBs_Qspg6c
youtu.be/kT8UnBuIOOU?t=1m7s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to face fuck Wendy.

Wait...was Wendy even in Yoshi's Safari?

She does have some major league DSL's.

Bowser isn't Morton's biological father

The original official video game OC Donut Steels and everything that was gay and terrible about the 80s and 90s.

And Bowser Jr. is even worse.

Ludwig is cute

She was, she just didn't use a mecha.

Objectively I just prefer Junior.

They're a lot better than goddamn Bowser Jr. They actually have unique designs, and aren't just "Bowser but smaller".

None of them are his biological children.

I wanna FUCK Iggy.

What's with the stupid edit of Iggy's hair?

I wish they were Bowser's children again.

I love them. They're quite a fun bunch and have cool designs. Would like to see a Mario RPG where they are the full time villains and take over Bowser.
Also fuck Miyamoto, for me they will always be Bowser's children, with Junior beind their little brother they all hate.

Yeah. Why the hell did Miyamoto decide to change that?

It's especially strange since it's also official that they are siblings.

So for some reason Bowser has all of some other Koopa's kids hanging around him all the time.

Is Bowser some cuck raising another dude's kids?

Would explain why he's always kidnapping Peach.

>child soldiers

Jesus Nintendo

I love Roy.

they were cool when they were only in SMB3/SMW and I appreciated their return in superstar saga but now they're kind of annoying since they're in literally every mario game and even smash bros

same wendy is pretty hot

Ludwig/Roy is good too.

My favourite is Iggy

I want to fuck Bowser and Morton.

BJ is the best-- he'll be the most facinating to see grow up.

I love Morton!

>grow up
>Molly-o characters

30 years from now he'll still be a toddler.

I got a pretty crazy Wendy boner too.

I always play her in MK8. On a bike.

Don't mind me, just posting Bowser's REAL son.

I feel real bad for Peach's snatch

Those are the classic incarnations, so they are.

Webdy is mai Koopfu.

>only ever heard very little about Yoshi's Safari

>This is the first time I see a screenshot

>Hit up a YouTube video

>It's a mode7 rail shooter

>First person Mario on Yoshi

>Knock casually winged anvils out of the sky to defeat kooalings

The absolute madmen.

Ludwig > Morton > Roy > Iggy > Wendy > Larry > Lemmy > Jr.

Fight me.

This from some party game late in the N64's life?

i wonder how many of them are peaches children

Absolutely would hang with Ludwig.

That's what they said about Donkey Kong the 1st.

And whether she laid eggs that they hatched from.

Haha.

I wonder how many of them are Toad's children.

Miamoto has said definitively that they are NOT Bowser's kids, which begs the question of who their real parents are.

Bowser Jr. is the only offspring of a core Mario character (baby Mario isn't Mario Jr., etc.).

I want to fuck Roy, Jr and Ludwig
They're alright.

fuck, first post is always the truest post

He was the first of Bowser's children to be designed, followed by Lemmy, Iggy, then Wendy.
The former 3 were designed by Yoichi Katabe, same guy to finalize most of the Mario designs including the main characters. Wendy was designed by Tezuka.

Just Wendy.

ludwig > larry > iggy > roy > lemmy > morton > wendy

No one ever said that.

I always just thought of the koopalings as a gang of juvenile delinquents that support Bowser's tyranny because of racial favoritism.

Though I vaguely remember them treating him as their father in the Super Show.

Heh

>>First person Mario on Yoshi

I always confuse Lemmy and Iggy

Or they all have different moms, and Morton's is an ebony Koopa.

Are there actually female boomerang bros?

>Bowser Jr. is the only offspring of a core Mario character (baby Mario isn't Mario Jr., etc.).

Unless you count the Donkey Kongs.

Or baby Yoshis.

I think the artist just fucked up. She is the female Boom Boom who has a shuriken and does the disappearing Ninja-move in boss battles in 3D world. She has a name but what's-her-tits

More like female versions of the Bam Bam enemies.

The've tried to get them further apart lately.

Iggy's even lankier now, his glasses are bigger, and he's got a legit carrot top for hair instead of a mohawk.

What was up with THREE of the characters sporting mohawks anyway. How radical can you get. No wonder Miyamoto wasn't all that big a fan originally.

Apparently the Japanese think they can all be friends. Why can't we be friends too, anons?

Glad they finally came back, but I miss Iggy's old hair. The new tree-like thing he's got going on is just awful.

Pom pom was a fucking dorable.

I like it better than three mohawks between the seven of them.

But yeah, they could ahve fucked over Lemmy or Larry.

>Iggy lanker now

Living up to his namesake I see.

>That fanfic

___ ___ __ _____! _____!!

>I think the artist just fucked up.

She does totally have a boomerang in the game, though.

Who is this ugly sack of lard

I like to think that Iggy looked up to his big bro Lemmy. But Lemmy's had neon stripes and Iggy's had uneven pastels.

The koopa troop were supposed to rock a sort of 80's punk rock style back in the day. Notice the studded collars and arm bands. Mohawks just happen to fit the style.

ROYS OUR BOY

>It's especially strange since it's also official that they are siblings.

You're going to have to give a source.

Any source on them ever, at any point, being considered his kids would also be interesting because it really just seems like cartoon shit people put too much stock in.

Just go to the Mario wiki you fucking tard.

Well when I was a kid, I always thought the kooplings were Bowser's nephews and nieces, and he was watching them for his brother (Morton Koopa Sr.), who was in prison or something.

The only source I know of for them being his kids is the TV show. So that's no source.

Never hear that it should be official that they are siblings either.

see

The Mario Wiki's source is translated versions of Paper Jam. In the original Japanese text they never refer to each other as related.

I totally get where they were coming from, it just did get hard to tell them apart.

Roy is cute!

It seems ultimately pointless too considering that Bowser still treats them like they're his kin as much as he does Bowser Jr. Maybe the fact that he'd adopt seven additional kids is to show he isn't such a bad guy?

what the fuck was this thing
and he was in games after sunshine so it's not like it was bowser jr's old design or anything

>an english webpage anyone can edit is the crux of legitimate information on japanese video games

Best koopaling

What? No he doesn't! Did you see Paper Jam? Bowser reacted like pic related when Junior get wrecked. Here's how he reacted to the koopalings at 36:12 youtube.com/watch?v=GlBs_Qspg6c

Go away Chunk.

Great enemies who need to be used SMARTLY not shoved into everything because Nintendo remembered they existed a few years ago. And no they aren't Bowser's kids, they are strong Bowser's race Koopa who follow his orders because he's the strongest. Jr. Is his only son, the Koopa Kids are spin off garbage and are just normal Bowser's race Koopa's

Also

Larry>Roy>Ludwig>Wendy>Morton>Iggy>Lemmy

Is there any fanart of adult koopalings?
I imagine roy would look like bowser the most. Excluding jr. Of course

Iggy's the nerd, Lemmy's got some kind of inner ear disorder.

K.
See you.

Then why is Morton black?

The original Japanese game manual for SMB3 referred to them as his kids. It didn't start from the cartoon. Doesn't matter now of course since Miyamoto retconned them out of his family.

And the source for them being siblings is the official Nintendo site for New Super Mario Bros. U.

There you go chappy.

Imagine giving birth to a spiny ass ball

Just one

That was easy.

I think their new physique is different enough, Iggy's new hair is just plain and ugly.

They cite all of their sources. Just look at the Koopaling page.

The fuck is Bigmouth doing there

>someone defeats the teenagers that were given gave jobs that involve not being defeated

>someone curbstomps an actual toddler who was in his own home

See the difference here?

haha

The post that I was replying to stated he treated them like he does Jr. He does not-- he never once shows even a smidgen of concern for their wellbeing.

His mom is probably black.

would cum inside

That's true. Even way back in SMB3 it was stated that Bowser yells at them when they fail. Doesn't mean he doesn't love them though, he's seen enjoying tine with them in the manga and some manuals.

His outburst in Paper Jam seemed out of character to me. He didn't freak out like that in Sunshine. Almost make Bowser Jr seem like a creator's pet kind of character, like Mario's Wesley Crusher.

Only Koopalingfags ever make this argument, and yet they can't explain why this 'creator's pet' couldn't make it into Mario Kart 8, or why he never wins any more than his dad does. It's the sad result of Cred Forumsirgins raiding TVTropes for help defending their favortie characters.

It would be nice if Nintendo could just take five minutes to have an official stance on their ages and whether Larry or Ludwig is their leader.

Their shells aren't really a part of them, user. It's a weapon and protection, different colors and styles indicate status, its part of the clan fashion.

Ludwig obviously is, or at least he thinks he is. He's always the penultimate world boss in the mainline games, and the only time he hasn't taken a leader role or smugly bossed others around was SSS.

Try not to resort to ad hominem and strawman, if you have a counterpoint to resume the conversation with then I'd like to hear it.

I played Yoshi's Safari at a con

This fight was ass

Bowser is the leader.

I have the super mario 3 booklet in my hand
It fucking says that the koopalings are his children.

I wanna impregnate Wendy!

I think I'm gonna request Wendy in a wedding dress.

She would he cute in a black bikini with red polka dots.
But only if she was totally on-model.

Great game, but Wendy is total bullshit.

>yet they can't explain why this 'creator's pet' couldn't make it into Mario Kart 8
People hate Bowser Jr. because he's a Scrappy Doo that took the place of seven perfectly good characters that were already very popular. With the exception of boss fights at the very end of Superstar Saga, the Koopalings were completely absent from the Mario series for almost 20 years.

Let's be honest here.
Bowser's fucking stupid.
He saw his child form and punted it out a window.

Maybe he felt bad for all Koopas after that and adopted 8 children and had a legit son?

>inb4 8
Koopa Kid.

True

Impressive how Nintendo had the wireless controls down pat a solid 10+ years before the Wii

Koopa Kid isn't one character, they're a type of generic Koopa race minions like troopas or hammer bros. They were never states to be his children.

You mean light gun controls?

Point and shoot, real hard. Old school light guns didn't work the same as the Wiimote for example.

How did he replace them if they were already retired for 12 years before he even showed up?

It's much more likely Nintendo simply wanted to have original bosses instead of 7 tiny Bowsers and then realized one kid was enough for Sunshine's story. Then they came back for NSMB WII because the entire game is nostalgia pandering and it all crashed together, but point stands that it wasn't junior that killed them it was Nintendo's desire to shake up the boss cast for the N64 and Gamecube era.

I thought of the koopalings as Bowser's nieces and nephews sorta like a ducktales situation

The dialogue says they're sad Jr. couldn't show up for Mario Kart 8 and he says it's okay, they'll get to hang out in Smash Bros because he's asking for Koopa Clown Cars for all.

Why is Kamek suddenly in the last panel?

KOOPATALES WOOHOO

Creator's pet characters get used regardless of how fans feel about them.

That's pretty much the #1 way to identify characters like that. And yet Jr. wasn't in MK8

It's been a while since I read it, but I'm pretty sure Miyamoto said they aren't part of the family, not just that they aren't his children.

Not to mention they came in different colours like green, red, erange and turkeouis.

In Mario Party he was presented as Bowser's son you casual. His recolors are clones, like a Kirby and the Amazing Mirror type deal.

The Japanese are less retardedly tribal about these characters than we are, I feel.

Iconic of Nintendo's cyclic policy of neglect-then-overcorrect: first the Koopalings practically didn't exist for the sake of Bowser Smegging Jr., and now we can hardly have a game without them.

Otherwise a fun and interesting concept that remains underevolved because that's Miyamoto's latest old-man hat: keeping things annoyingly rudimentary.

~
Topic: how old are the Koopalings? What's the order?

>Ludwig
>Lemmy
>Roy
>Iggy
>Wendy
>Morton
>Larry

Because they filled the role he had and then they did't.

There are things us video game nerds will argue about until the end of time, this is one of them.

Personally I'm cool with them just being a bunch of punk teenagers, and I watched the cartoons a bunch, wrong names and all.

>calls others casual
>is actually casual

Bowser calls it his cohort, not his son.

And in the Jap games they don't act like family at all.

I see it like
>Larry: 12
>Morton: 13
>Wendy: 14
>Iggy: 15
>Roy: 16
>Lemmy: 17
>Ludwig: 18

That doesn't make any sense: despite being labeled as his kids, Bowser never acted like he loved the koopalings. That's why it doesn't make any sense to say Junior 'replaced' them, as they were his kids in name only while Junior and Bowser acted more like father and son in his first apperance than the koopalings had in their entire history.

>He never played Mario Party 1
Cohorts can be family anyway

The only confirmed ages are Larry as the youngest and Ludwig as the oldest. The rest of that is fan speculation based on the order you fight them in.

They were simple platformers. That's like saying Mario and Luigi didn't act like brothers so it's fine to change that.

That's a poor comparison: they're called brothers in the title of their series. The koopalings meanwhile were only ambigously called his 'children' in the original japanese description, and even that was just that: the booklet description. The same way they retconned pretty much everything in the old Zelda booklets.

It was in the English booklet too. And the cartoon. So no it wasn't retconned out. Not until Miyamoto decided to, anyway. They were officially his children for years. This was not speculation.

I guess they wanted to get as much use out of the models as they could.

Yeah, that works pretty neatly. Makes you wonder what they'd look like as adults.

How old is King Bowser himself, in any case? I'd guess about 38. I'd also guess he's younger than the Mario Bros.

The cartoon wasn't canon and like I said, those booklets hardly mattered as pretty much all of the NES era booklets were retconned in some way shape or form.

>And the cartoon

Which doesn't mean a single thing.

Where's Larry?

Christ, how tiny is Ludwig?

But the booklets weren't retconned until Miyamoto did it, so I'm not sure why you keep saying that as though it matters.

It was in both versions and nothing contradicted them for years.

My headcanon is that Morton Sr. is either Bowser's father or (deceased?) elder brother, so the answer is sort-of yes and no.

It matters because it shows this is hardly unusual. This instance happened way later than others, but Nintendo hasn't held to the canon in their booklets for years. He didn't do it to specifically spite Koopalings fans, he did it because that was the internal story and, up until that point, there wasn't really a need to come out and make a public statement that they weren't.

[Citation needed]

That's all just purely your speculation.

Offscreen with Junior.
youtu.be/kT8UnBuIOOU?t=1m7s

Or there's a difference in tolerance for annoying Scrappy Doo characters between Japan and us.

Look at how Japs accepted and only very gentley chided parts of Other M. Then look at Nintendo's appalled rejection of a game which feature Samus actually hunting bounties. Japs are tame as all hell.

They were described his children in all appeances and all media for years. Then Bowser Jr debuted as Bowser's only child, replacing the koopalongs. It's not hard to follow.

Thank you for providing a better example than I could have come up with.

>objectively
> I prefer

they contradict each other you fucking moron

In english: they stopped referring to them as Bowser's children in japan after Super Mario 3

You sure showed that dude from three and a half hours ago.

Overstayed their welcome. I'd rather have giant generic mooks as bosses than those clowns at this point. At least that guarantees the fight will be different from a mini Bowser running back and forth, occasionally shooting something, and spinning around after being hit for the 15th time.

You're not aware of how big and numerous Mario manga was.

None of which was canon.