Do you play vidya to fill in some kind of void in your life? Have you found other things to fill in that void?

Do you play vidya to fill in some kind of void in your life? Have you found other things to fill in that void?

I feel a deep need for adventure or exploration. I play vidya to sate that appetite.

Nothing fills the void
Its a meaningless abyss
Darkness closes in

love

Nah. I find it legitimately fun. Rather than filling a void I actually don't have room for it in my life. It takes up too much precious time that I need for other more important things so I've been trying to cut it down to 8hrs a week at most.

Nothing will ever fill the void. There is no hope.

God has abandoned us all, and the effects become clearer every day.

no i play them because i'm in love with/addicted to them.
i can't stop

Yeah I play it to fill the void of literally nothing mattering and severe depression mixed with thinking about killing myself every hour
Videogames are fun

>It takes up too much precious time that I need for other more important things
same here buddy

This

>tfw you don't live in some fantasy rpg world

How great would it be if Cosmo killed himself on stream? That hasnt been done before, wait nevermind. He killed himself by becoming a fucked up girl that no one would ever want, not even himself. Hes reading this to fuel his suicidal thoughts,

When I play good single-player video games I get really immersed and for a while nothing exists outside of the game. My mind really gets sucked into it, like a dream but without the confusion and sadness when you wake up. I wouldn't however call that my reason for playing video games

he's a fucking kike

I like games. card games, board games, sports games but only watching because I'm a wimpy asthmatic fuckass, tabletop RPGs, and video games are included as well. It's fun to try and "win", given a certain ruleset.

Games like Puyo Pop and Tekken interest me more than Grand Theft Auto or Journey.

no, I just find it fun. Half the time I switch up playing video games with other activities

to surpress the feeling of not having a strong, loving bf

I play military "sims" (not really sims but realistic) like Project Reality and Squad to fill the void of noguns and not being an operator. I play Total War to relive historical battles.

Yes. Sex and drugs also help.

>>Do you play vidya to fill in some kind of void in your life?

>in mid 20's
>work shit job
>no friends
>no future

I play vidya because it's all I have OP.

I am the only person in my circle of friends who legit enjoys to play vidya. Others always complain that its their escapism and a way to forget all of their worries for even a second. Me on the other hand is so overly grounded person that I know that no matter what vidya I play, the problems and worries wont just fix themselves. This allows me to enjoy vidya without interruptions, pretty much.

it used to
now it's kind of like an old habit that you keep on repeating, trying to get the same satisfaction you once had
like eating a fantastic burger or something, and you think "Oh my god what in the fuck is this delicious heaven", so you order another one, but it's not quite the same, and another one, and yet another one, but none of them are the same, yet you keep on ordering burgers, hoping that one day you'll find that same taste, even if you know deep down (or not so deep, it's quite obvious) you won't.

>fill in some kind of void in your life
That's a shitty way to look at hobbies. Practically any hobby is just that. I do have other things I like doing, like music, books, tv, cooking.

Let ME ax a question. Do you feel better about yourself for making yourself look superior to someone else? Because I don't see how else someone is negative enough to think this way.

I play for fun you sad sack of crap.

I never implied that I was superior to anyone in this thread. I used to find myself playing for fun as a kid but now I don't find vidya or much of anything fun or satisfying. I just wanted to know if anyone else feels the same way and maybe some ways to enjoy playing video games the same way I did when I was younger.

Yes. I'm a depressed social anxious slob with zero skill in real life but i'm too scared of failure to try, also irl stuff really doesn't appeal that much to me. So i jump form game to game in the hope to find the ONE and become a big name in a community of pathetic people like me. Too bad i don't like any of the big esports title and when i found a potentially good one it inevitably dies. Also no matter how much i play i never git gud and it takes me forever to learn

Yes, I do. And no, I haven't.

I'd gladly fill Chun-Li's void, though.

i filled your moms void lmao

i like to buy things to fill the void. VG doesnt help when you see sexy bitchs like chun and laura. my void is not having a gf. pls hold me Cred Forums

These but I'm also taking shittons of screenshots along my journey just to watch them later and remember the good times and beautiful landscapes. This varies from game to game, though. Is this normal?

Masturbation

& LOT'S of it

Yeah I play occasionally after work or just to unwind from dealing with stupid shit, which usually go hand in hand.

DRUGS
and in great quantities
also that was like 10 years ago that i left that shit and the void has come back, but i still enjoy vidya for what it is; not some miraculous void filling shit

>There are NEETS that somehow don't get bored of playing vidya after 4 hours straight

how the fuck do you do it?

Does it matter?

play better games

I think i played dq7 for like 12 hours straight yesterday

but i agree, playing shit like gta or tw3 gets boring after a couple hours

Nice Haiku

this too

smoking a little pot makes anything interesting, would play bo1 zombies stoned for 20 hour stretches

being absolutely dead inside helps I guess.

A lot of different reasons, really. Some games, like platformers or rts games or dota 2, I play for the mental challenge and feeling of progress/getting better at something and eventually feeling competent.

Stuff like Ghost Trick and Time Fcuk, 30 Flights of Loving and Sword and Scorcery, I play for the interactive narrative experience. There are some narratives that can't really work unless the consumer is actively involved, and video games are perfect for that. I think that some people consider these the only truly artistic games, that's bullshit but I see where they are coming from.

Okay maybe those are the primary two reasons I play games.

I also jerk off to the girls in fighting games

I've got a friend who's done nothing but play overwatch for 10 hours a day since it released. I don't understand how he hasn't killed himself out of boredom yet.
2 hours of my GOAT series Dynasty Warriors and I'm done for the day.

>Used to keep a list of all the vidya, movies, TV shows, novels, etc that I'd played/watched/read
>Before long I was getting more satisfaction from adding something to the list than from the thing itself
>Never go back to things I like because they're already on the list so it's a waste of time
>Forced myself to play/read/watch stuff I knew I would hate so it could go on the list
>Recently deleted the list to set myself free
>Okay now I can play whatever I want
>mfw I can't finish a game to save my life because without the list it feels pointless
the moral of the story is don't make lists of things

THERE IS NO LIFE

IN THE VOID

RPGs.

yep pretty much this
if i've got 2 hours a day to spare for vidya, i tend to invest that amount of time on at least 3 diffrent games; and it has worked out pretty well so far, i don't ever get bored of a single game and am always looking forward to the next vidya session

it sucks to be you

thing is the list is unrecoverable now and I'm toying with the idea of just starting over from scratch, putting myself through all that shit all over again

>I've got a friend who's done nothing but play overwatch for 10 hours a day since it released

how do you have friends with such shit taste?

>hopeless introvert throughout my teen years
>finally get sick of sitting inside playing video games
>become primarily extroverted
>start to feel slightly anxious when friends are too busy to hang
>play video games to kill time
Kill me

Literally an achievement/trophy whore, without the dedication to actually get them. That's mad pathetic user

don't do it user
don't be a slave to your own obsessions
boy did it feel godd after ditching the wristwatch which i wore for over ten years.
the freedom of being in control of my own time, its the best

>Have you found other things to fill in that void?

alcohol