Do I have to play DC 1 to play 2?

Do I have to play DC 1 to play 2?

Nah

The first hasn't aged as well, so it's best saved for after 2 if you want more Dark Cloud.

2 on the other hand has aged pretty damn well and you should totally play it.

So I wont miss parts of the plot if I skip to 2 right?

They aren't connected at all.

The only direct reference between the two is in the end of the bonus dungeon.

There are terms that are shared between the two. They are not connected via plot.

No, it's not even an actual sequel: The japanese name is Dark Chronicle, not Dark Cloud 2

Anyways, play it, it's the best RPG i've ever played

Any things I should know before getting into the game?
I got it on the Playstation Store for PS4 a few weeks back when it was on sale but I keep putting it off.

There's also Osmond.

There are a lot of missable photos, look up a missable list if you want 100%.

NO.

but both games are a fucking master piece.

monica in dc2 is basically the same play style in dark cloud 1 for the mc

If you want to 100% the game you will need some sort of guide, or you'll lock yourself out of it for that save file very quickly

Not just for photos as mentions, but also for the city building segments

this

the missable photos can easily ruin the game

the first one i think is the elephant boss

the photos allow you to make robot parts

Fuck 100% completion, but the photo guide is helpful especially in the first dungeon before you realize why you really care about the photos.

The only notable fuckup you can do with Georama is in the Valley of Balance. You should ignore a guide for it otherwise because it is an interesting mechanic that is completely ruined if you just paint by numbers.

No but playing some PGA Tour games might help

First game was forgettable and clunky with retarded QTE, just play DC 2 it was a better game.

A guide for boss photos is nice, but that's it. There's no reason at all to have a guide for city building.

First one also more dungeon crawling content. The QTEs are predictable and rare, meanwhile 2 has the worst minigames ever.

Just play rogue galaxy, it's far better than DC2.

It doesn't have an equivalent to Georama though does it?

>tfw still got the pirate flag

This is the only thing worth buying from the medals you earn on each level.

You must be fucking joking. RG is a fucking slog of a game.

Speak for yourself, both games are worth playing and the first one is still nice as fuck. 2 would feel like a sweet upgrade on everything you liked from 1.

>not enjoying fishing
>not enjoying fish breeding
>not enjoying fish racing

>PC fats will never ever get a level 5 game

Holy fuck what fucking rock have I been under. Did not know Dark Chronicle had been released on ps4.

Ni no kuni 2 will be on PC.

It has factory building, which is optional and is really only used to get you a 7-star sword or two.

Georama and every single minigame in DC2 were shit anyway, especially photography.

Insect chess isn't fun either, but at least it's absolutely useless unless you want 2 optional costumes for the fat guy and worst girl.

Combat is shit compared to RG, and having a bunny as an antagonist that went crazy because muh waifu isn't much better than RG's dumb plot. Level design is awful in both games. Really, the only thing DC2 has over RG is pacing, and DC2's pacing goes to hell if you're going for 100%.

I did like the breeding but it and the golf minigame feel like shovelware intended to bloat the play time of the game, man. DC1 had a few grindy moments (like those character-locked levels) but at least you weren't doing some top shot bullshit.

The more I remember about this game the more I think it is responsible for many of my fetishes.

The golf was the only dumb mini game. I did enjoy leveling up my putter by beating monsters with it though.

RG's combat is just as tedious, especially late game aka LET ME SWITCH TO MY BARRIER BREAK GUN FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME. The plot had the bad kind of DBZ shit, I had to literally force myself to finish Rogue Galaxy. Didn't even do the Ghost Ship dungeon becausr the game got that tedious.

>100% DC2
>Still felt short
>Can imagine dev saying what more do you want? we gave you plenty of replayable levels and GOLF, don't like golf you little entitled shit!

So you got all spheda medals, all floor medals, got every endgame weapon, got every part for Steve, and fully upgraded all of Monica's Monster Badges?

Damn.

since we are in a JRPG thread about sequel. Is it necessary to play Grandia 1 before 2 for the plot

>got every endgame weapon

Don't see much point in doing this, just one per type is enough.
Unless that's what you meant

There are a couple references, but it's by no means necessary.

Who is sadly not playable in the 2nd game

>comparing Dark Cloud to MLP

FUCK SPHEDA

also it's bullshit that you can't replay Moon Flower Palace

no, but imo DC1 ost is far superior

Nope, games are completely unrelated from another.

True

OP if you want to have a better appreciation for DC2, play DC1 and you'll notice the vast improvements they've made. DC1 will be neigh unplayable after playing 2, nostalgia factor aside.

No, but you'll probably want to play the first one. The first one's a great game on it's own, but the fact that DC2 was an objectively better sequel in every way would make DC1 much more jarring to play.

The plots don't connect at all beyond a few easter-eggs a few cameos and very minor story elements but the plots are completely different. You won't understand the significance of some of the seemingly minor and irrelevent stuff if you just skip to the second.

>it's a spheda in the forest episode
>low shot count

They're both quite good, but if you're set on only playing one of them play DC2.

>It's a Spheda in Balance Valley episode
>Sphere is 3 feet from the distortion
>There's a 40 foot wall in the way that you have 1 shot to arc around

Post yfw you land an impossible shot

I want to fuck Monica so much.

No, but whenever Max opens his mouth you have to imagine Robin from Teen Titans talking.

W-what fetishes, user?

>They're falling.............. MONIIICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA