Better combat

>better combat
>decent story
>actually good voice acting
>world is more lively and actually feels like you're in HK
do you think if this was released at the same time as GTA 5 it would been a solid contender?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tXxEokLaIUw?list=WL&t=51
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No.

There isn't enough to do on the map outside of dojo and main missions

Not really.

Probably not because
>no brand power
>doesn't look as nice
>smaller world
Those points I listed are really pathetic, but that's how most consumers think. I fucking love Sleeping Dogs though. 100%d the original release and still bought Definitive.

it has fun side activities.

>decent story

The story felt rushed and unfinished.

>actually good voice acting

LMAO

>world

It did feel like HK, but overall the world is nowhere near as good as GTA V.

Even the combat in SD wasn't that great. Just felt like BamHam shit.

Superior combat coming through.

youtu.be/tXxEokLaIUw?list=WL&t=51

shit i thought it was another watch dogs thread , look at me making an ass of myself

I was merely pointing out what it did right, so stop being cynical
yeah I just go it for $7.50

It bothered me that Jiang was willing to let Wei live in the end, despite the entire triad knowing he was a cop.

You're living in a dream

If you count gunplay, the combat isn't better and GTA's hand to hand isn't hard to beat. They don't even try with hand to hand. It's a fraction of GTA's map and there is nothing to do

It was a cool game but it's not even close to a contender.

I definitely enjoyed this way more than GTAIV and V, but no, there are no open-world crime games that can compete with the GTA brand. Releasing at the same time as V would have hurt SD, not helped.

GTAs world was not immersive in my opinion, I got pretty bored with it, yeah it's bigger, but pretty bland. I much rather roam a world thats interactive but smaller.

>le flaming ninja kicks

oh wow hahahah

You could have posted any other Yakuza game (besides 1), and yet you choose the one that might end up having awful combat ,if that demo is any indication.

>roam a world thats interactive but smaller

Then Yakuza is right up your alley.

It's objectively the best gta game ever made. Its only sin is that everybody else but me is retarded.

>le

cheers man never played it, is it similar to sleeping dogs, like if I enjoyed that, would I enjoy Yakuza

>It did feel like HK, but overall the world is nowhere near as good as GTA V.

But GTA5 Los Santos doesn't feel anything like LA.

>2016
>not eating pork buns

You pok gai will never become a whole man

The combat is nothing like the demo anymore. It's nowhere near as stiff or clunky.

>good atmosphere
>MOTHERFUCKING DOG EYES

>shitty bong writing
>fighting is ADD MORE GUYS
>THE WERE NOT GTA hurt it more than helped it
>shitty dlc
>scripted battles

truly wasted potential ruined by bongs the game.

I enjoyed it for what it was. If this game had twice the budget, it probably would've been one of the best GTA-likes ever made.

YOU'RE
A
HABITUAL FLIRT

AY YO HOL UP

was that Anri Okita?

what could user mean by this?

>those digits

see
Yes you would, but don't go in expecting GTA.

Yeah I agree, maybe I was pitching it too much. Probably not a contender, but it definitely holds it's own.

>shit driving physics
>not enough to do outside of story
>shit loads of DLC

Lame.

>good atmosphere
>MOTHERFUCKING DOG EYES
Yes?

>fighting is ADD MORE GUYS
Yes?

>shitty bong writing
>scripted battles
What?

It's the worst GTA knockoff. I've played them all.

This game instilled in me the need for real pork buns and other Chinese foods.
Unfortunately I live in South Californexico, so all the Chinese places here are chains operated by Mexicans.

It wasn't completely an unusable mechanic. If that's all it takes for you to be dissatisfied than I don't know what you play, because everything has flaws.

Yeah this game is better than watch dogs, so nice contrarianism.

The DLC and content issues are pretty much fixed by definitive edition, which incorporates most of the DLC (it scraps the ones that straight up give you free levels)and re balances them. There's a shitload of activities. the base game was pretty sparse though, I'd agree.

It came out years after GTA4, which had a much better world, better driving mechanics, a multiplayer mode etc

Aside from the combat really nothing stood out in sleeping dogs

Good point, I haven't played Watch Dogs!

Sleeping Dogs is the second worst GTA knockoff. I've played all but one.

Im not comparing it to GTA4 tho, seeing as that was actually good. GTA5 wasn't.

mah nigga

Really? Worse than True Crime: New York or Postal 3?

>Sleeping Dogs worse than Total Overdose, Driver and Saints Row

Nah, dude.
Dude, nah.

Saint's Row 2 is the best GTA game

Compared to GTAV it's decent, yeah. But it really wasn't competing with GTA5 at the time and if it was it would have sold worse. A lot of people bought it on the back of GTAV pre release hype

I was actually going to mention more, but I just thought I'd let him have his 5 second giggle.

Saints Row 1 is dogshit and Saints Row 4 has the taint of Burch

Yeah that's a really good point, honestly didn't think of that

Only played 2 and 3, you might be right.

>implying the protag didn't have an amazing voice actor.
WEI SHEN MOTHERFUCKER

Cred Forums meme'd me into buying this.
Generic cop story, boring as fuck open world with nothing to do, the ''combat'' is basically MGSV's, press one button to execute a flashy animation.
It's a 5/10, fuck off.

Probably not. GTA is a household name. If it released at the same time for one itd be called racist cause GTAV release what SJW budding season.

For two it wouldve been called a cheap attempt at a clone because theyre both open world with combat and cars

>the ''combat'' is basically MGSV's
>press one button to execute a flashy animation
What did he mean by this?

who hurt this man?

>press one button to execute a flashy animation.

At that point, he had already served them far better than most of the triad. Being outed as a cop, he can't really spy on their plans for the police anymore. It was better to, heh, let the sleeping dog lie rather than mess with him anymore.

was it bad that I laughed at that

Mah nigga

This, got the game for free with a AMD card and I still felt scammed.
Boring as fuck.

you clearly haven't played this game

Neither have you. Are you talking about the environmental kills or something?

>bunch of brits watch movies from their former colony and still fail to make something interesting

No fucking excuse. Motherfucking pok gais fucked it up. Wei Shen didn't deserve this shit.

>do you think if this was released at the same time as GTA 5 it would been a solid contender?

There's not a single game that could hold up face to face with GTA, much less a new franchise with as little marketing as this.

>he played 2 hours
so whats that, the opening scene and a bit?

Parkour felt half assed and close quarter combat was useless at around 40%
City felt lifeless and empty
Most mechanics weren't really fluid, be it driving or shooting
story was ok, nothing special
Gta was actually giving reasons to come back be it physics, the driving or the pvp/multiplayer

I'm legitimately baffled tbqh. It's a very strange comparison and description.

Hows the online game thing? Triad Wars iirc.

>press one button to do combos
ok user

If I remember correctly, the last mission I played before dropping it was one where I was grabbing money from some dudes in stores.

Fucked around a bit in the open world, and dropped it.

I love SD but

>Only land vehicles
>No multiplayer
>Smaller map

>WEI gets suprised so much just to have a shitty chase scene and show you the parkour system the devs dick suck so much
>rescue your faggot friend from being buried alive so he takes a walk to clear his head next cutscene hes dead

God save the Queen what a mess.

than you didn't really give it a chance, so you cant judge it
>I watched playthroughs
not the samething

No seriously, what the fuck are you on about?

If a game can't grab my attention after 2 hours, it has failed for me.

We have lots of Asians down here, enough to have areas like little Tokyo and other pockets of asian dominated stores, including markets.
Try leaving your home sometime.

there is comboing in this game, theres literally more than pressing one button, and you proved you dont know shit with this comment c

Unless by land you mean anything not airborne, there are totally boats in SD.

In LA, right?

Try eastward towards state line. The Mojave is heavily populated with Mexicans.

The BamHam combat really put me off.

But you don't press one button like MGSV.
This doesn't include contextual stuff either.

>comment
And you just proved you're a newfriend.

why did you direct this to me, Im literally arguing this point.

You responded to the wrong guy then.

when you have nothing of substance to say you pull out the "newfriend" card, jesus you're retarded.

How does that relate to MGSV and it's contextual CQC?

He was alright.
I just hated how everyone in China spoke English and had an American accent.

nope, I think that was you.
what are you talking about i never mentioned MG. Someone said sleeping dogs is only a one button press meme, and I said it has combos in sleeping dogs

The combat is better, but nothing else you said was true.

The driving was worse, the story was worse (not bad, but not as good), and how could you talk bad about GTA5 VA? Every character was incredible, not the best writing, but the preformances were awesome.

SD had worse gunplay, and the biggest lie you told is that it had good atmosphere. The world in SD is easily the worst aspect. It felt like you were on rails. You have to literally drive 2 and a half minutes to get from one section of HK to the other, and so much of what you see is inaccessible.

Its a good game, worth a playthrough, but unless you are really into hand to hand combat, or asian vibes, I find it hard to believe anyone truly found this game better than GTA5 and isn't contrarian.

>youtu.be/tXxEokLaIUw?list=WL&t=51

muh dick

Dude, you replied to thisguy, who was responding to the retard comparing SD combat to MGSV CQC. Are you having a stroke?

I agree that the game is completely average, but combating the combat to MGSV is just bait.

Any game that references Rumble in the Bronx is an automatic 10/10

The combat and story were both good, and the night market area actually felt pretty alive. I remember being surprised when some random dude came up to me and offered to sell me a new mattress.

Those driving physics were my biggest problem with the game. Felt like I was driving a mine cart.

There's plenty of references in this game.

I liked dressing up as Ryo from Shenmue.

>combating

comparing even

god damn

I loved it, but the sotyr feels so disjointed at points, like they cut chunks of it out and didn't work to patch it back together.

Winston doesnt trust you, you're another hired goon. 2 missions later you are his best buddy and outrank everyone he's known forever.

No. It released and wasn't as big as any GTA. If it had gone head to head with V it would've been completely buried.

Yes, the combat is better and the world is more intriguing. The general public doesn't care.