One Way Heroics

So I just bought this and wondering if I should start with the base game or start with plus

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ntmWdb7LJV0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

plus

Start with plus, then play mystery chronicles when you've had enough.

You pretty much should just start on plus.

When it comes to the originals, yeah, you can just go with Plus.

Might want to try the original game to see if you actually like playing it before getting Plus though.

Pretty much this.
I got the original on sale after seeing it posted here so much, and instantly fell in love and bought plus.
It's a seriously great game in every regard if you ask me, I don't know why it's so underrated outside of Cred Forums. I hope MC gives it the popularity it deserves, even if it is slightly inferior overall.

Oh no, the dimension DICKBUTT is danger! Are you a chivalrous enough dude to save the dimension DICKBUTT, Cred Forums?

King Victor is right at the start!

>I don't know why it's so underrated outside of Cred Forums

Most people don't like Roguelikes maybe.

OWH can feel very rng dependent, even for a roguelike

Mystery Chronicle looks so fucking good, but I keep hearing all this talk about the mechanics being ruined, mostly involving traps, balance issues, etc. Makes me wary about buying it, is the RNG horrible like everyone says?

>Maniac mode

I hate it.

Why is everyone suddenly talking about this game? I remember threads last year about this game getting no replies at all, what happened?

If you liked OWH, you'll like MC. You have to learn to accommodate your playstyle for traps though, which is mainly never holding flammables, and staying away from pits and lava.

Sure, I'll give it a shot.

It got an animu coat of paint in the newest release.

Spike Chunsoft released their remake/own version of the game, a Mystery Dungeon spinoff, Mystery Chronicle One Way Heroics.

Remake got released some time ago.

Haven't played this in a while, guess I'll give it a go.

Ah, so that's why. I never actually played much of the original, gonna give it anther chance with this version.

Oh man, suddenly going from MC's controls to OWH+ controls is jarring. I was just getting used to those controls too.

>See rare animals, want the exp so fucking bad.
>The tree hugging dickweeds are always my demise in some of my best runs.

What do?

Don't kill animals.

>when you're holding too much good shit and you find more good shit

>tfw you're holding a bunch of good shit but need to throw everything out for survival

Heavy Lifting and no food. RIP

Killing animals simply isn't worth it unless you plan to join one of the groups that requires wanted level, because inevitably you will have to kill one of the PETA hippies.

Plus. I got bored of the original pretty quickly, but Plus made the game far more interesting.

DICKBUTT sure is a bountiful world.

I can't find any vendors rich enough to take this.

The funny thing is in one of my successful runs in the original, I abused the fact the rangers would fire arrows at you one square further than their max range giving me a free supply of arrow while waiting for the darkness to swallow him up.

Welp, just bought a love potion. Time to run.

>found Dosey
>still wanted

Welp.

That's why you trade it for other rare items dum dum

How do I check my wanted level anyway?

You murder someone again

Any less criminal ways?

So is the one on Steam the original and the DLC is the one that had the wolf girl?

Plus all the way, it's better and it improves on various shit

OWH is the original
OWH+ is a DLC on the original OWH page

OWH:MC is the remake with the wolfgirl hero C

Comrad!

F

Where is MC found? Vita only?

Steam, Vita, PS4.

Original and Plus are PC only, with Plus being listed as a DLC on Steam.

It has a PC port bruv just look up Mystery Chronicle

I love her

This time I have enough charisma

Does zombie even do anything? I got the infection skill at level 30 and died before seeing anything else, but since it starts at -99 charisma but has a charisma growth I guess it's just the joke class?

I just want to see all the nude portraits.

I think there are only six for the two "main hero" classes but I'm only about 5 hours in or so

Looks like Sir NPC also bit the dust, haven't seen his ghost though.

I died in a really silly way.

I can't stand Maniac mode like you two did, too hardcore for me.

RIP

Speak of the devil.

F

It's all up to you! Save DICKBUTT in our stead!

Thanks Sir NPC
Scroll of sharpening is a pretty good thing to get

I just can't fucking stand the art and sprites of Mystery chronicles. Everything is retarded. Pink hair, cat ears, ugly haircuts... Only cool female class so far is Pirate. Knight is passable I guess.

Welplooks like I'm re playing this game tonight. Thanks op about reminding me about this gem.

It's in-house Spike Chunsoft as fuck but I love how varied and high quality it is. Their artists go overboard but I really dig how no two characters look alike. Also I'm partially talking with my dick.

So the NPC who damages himself to attack had a very interesting title today.

He fucking died to a shadow man 1 minute later of course.

I'm really enjoying how unique most of the C sprites are(!)

With plus you mean basegame plus or the remake plus?

Does the PS4 version have that purple shit on the left side of the screen that forces you to move forward? Is it impossible to disable? The game looks interesting but being forced to move constantly seems kinda annoying.

DICKBUTT must be stopped.

F

Durga here
Died because I forgot about awakening. It's been too long. This is fun

I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE

It's literally the crux of the game. It's called "one way heroics" because you have to move eastward constantly.

>Remake doesn't have the bard class
>It's replaced with genderlocked Queen class
>She doesn't have the sprint ability and can't heal her allies

Rest in piece spoony bard, you were too good for this world.

What's the standard?
I've always assumed it was Grueling Campaign and no dimensional vault

What was the max distance to get into Dimensional Passageway? Before you reach 2000km?

That's what I went in with.

Is based fairy companion still around?

There's a fairy companion but it's not Iris. She's still cute but she doesn't fight with you if you reach 1k without a partner.

dam it I was hoping they'd bring Iris back. The banter was fun.

And another one gone.

F

Why would anyone refuse to let Iris into your party?

I'm kind of curious as to what she says if I refuse, but I'm not going to.

Instead of bringing snark, the new fairy brings lewd.

Hm, I can definitely say MC OWH has a better autolock targeting system than the original games do.

Is this world supposed to be nothing but hidden elf villages at the start?

Love this game but haven't played much of it. Seems like the kind of game that would have unlockable secrets that are easy to miss. Anything like that? How about strategy tips in general? I mostly depend on lucky weapon drops.

Playing Plus, I didn't see any, are you on Plus or base?

Plus. I'm playing the original Playism release of Plus though.

Shit trade.

Just lockpicked a Holy Shrine and it's contents, got a Heavy Holy Axe out of it.

She isn't as helpful either, doesn't show companion affection levels.

The main "secret" is that beating the demon lord isn't the good ending. There's also some class quests in addition to the normal alternative endings.

As for general strategy upgrading your armor is extremely important, stay away from skeletons with pink capes, green dragons with shields, golems, and bears until you are extremely sure you can deal with them. Enemies with yellow triangles have modifiers that mean they are worth more xp but are stronger in various ways, purple aura means the monster will have less hp but make you take more damage when you are near it, glowing orange aura=accuracy penalty, glowing red aura means the mob is "ultimate" and you probably shouldn't mess with it unless it's a bat.

If the terrain is mountains or plains linger and collect food. If it's something else try to push through as fast as possible so you don't run into energy problems. That's all I can think of right now, most of the skill in the game is learning what is dangerous and what isn't and knowing how many resources to expend to deal with a situation.

Also you can't choose your own reply in the companion events anymore. Memoria just dictates that you are now giving a massage to your gay friend.

What's the difference between plus and MC?

Well apparently my game is still in fucking version 1.2 when the current build is 1.8

I'm retarded.

Its sad to see the negative reviews on Steam for MCOWH. I honestly don't get the trap hate. I feel like they add a bit of spice to the game, and they're right in line with typical roguelike RNG.

Pretty much everything.
>different characters
>slightly different plot
>different classes
>most game mechanics are different in some way
>300% more anime and fanservice

MC has more classes, different companions, a few new weapon varieties including boomerangs which pierce in a circle depending on the direction you're facing when you throw them, and traps which are absolutely pants on head retarded but won't actually kill you that often.

Plus runs much better (MC stutters a lot which can get annoying), has better companions overall, is darkness instead of light on the left side, and a less anime-esque artstyle. Basically MC has more content but you have to suffer the annoying trap mechanic.

There's a bit of technical problems with the game in general. I had to refund since I would crash on world load without an hacked exe that broke each time they updated the game.

Well, I liked that OWH had a pretty good ratio of bullshit and preparation against it.

Traps, mainly traps involving fire, just make it straight up suicide to stock any flammable items, cutting out a part of the game. Plus the preparation against traps mostly means taking the game and slowing it to an absolute crawl.

I like OWH because it's a roguelike without the bullshit. Traps are just plain bullshit how they are in MC, it's either stab everywhere in front of you or risk getting fucked. Traps wouldn't be so bad if they were just in certain biomes or in dungeons, but they can be anywhere in the huge open field world.

>traps
Fucking dropped
Worst roguelike feature

On OWH vs MC, lets not forgot MC's music is garbo in comparison.

I think OWH can be bullshit at times too though. If you're playing on inhumane odyssey maniac mode and the game decides to spawn a "Strong Enemy" and rolls it to be a fire-breathing bat there's fuck all you can do whereas MC will tell you in the flavor text when it spawns that it's fire-breathing so you can plan ahead a few moves.

Please stand by to receive medical treatment from the healer.

Should I drop my almost broken Berserk Axe for an almost broken Mythical Lumberjack Axe?

Iris snark is best.

there's a reason why etna is best girl in disgaea, and thats because shes a smug snarky fuck.

I just transferred my original save data over to the Plus version. What am I in for?

Thanks for Scroll of Reclusiveness.

F

In one hour a Strong Enemy and it's minions will appear

a lot of new shit boyo. Also Iris can become a free ally if you pass 1000m without any allies.

Losing all your enchants.

>mfw still can't decide if I should get MC or not

Which one is and in?

It has a wolf butt

>when your first loot is a staff of prayers as a force user

Dosey is a universal constant.

She's in all of them, actually.

The image is the original OWH though.

Both of them, this particular screenshot and dialogue is from Plus though.

No problem pal.

>miniboss waves as tourist

So plus is the version to get.

is that something I want?

It's quite neat to see ghosts in OWH carrying the shit people had them on at the time of death.

Then MC had to force Twitter.

Goddammit, I needed Aria, but Auris is fine too.

How does multiplayer work?

You only see other player's ghosts when they die. They give you EXP and an item.

Otherwise you just see their progress on the top left corner if they're in your world seed.

>miniboss spawns in the mountain
>it can't fly

Can't reach them either, no free EXP for me.

The PVP in the new game? It's apparently a race. I don't really know how it works, nobody plays it.

You can see messages and the current progress of other players on the same seed as you. If someone has died recently, you can meet their ghost in-game and receive an item they were carrying.

Basically there's a log of how a few people playing the seed are doing. There's a hall of fame for those who saved the dimension. If someone dies then you can see their ghost, their ghost gives you an item from their inventory, some health, and some experience. That's it though

>bandits spawn
>strong enemies spawn immediately after the bandits die

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Got some 2 WT clothes I couldn't ID.

F

Huh, Cactus Meat can rot, who knew.

Iris and Mila are my companions, what did I even buy that love potion for?

The PVP is really bad and some of its stuff should of honestly have been put into the main game.

Basically, it's a race (you cant see each other directly) and otherwise the PVP works like this.

Pick your character and perks. You can see each others picks, you can be a dick and continuously counterpick.

Vault can be set on or off, you can guess how stupid it would be with vault on.

When it starts Memoria starts yapping at your face but the race has already begun, skip that shit and talk to the statue in the center quick for either unlocking all your class skills, or for a OP weapon or some good usable items.

Leave the castle, now it's normal gameplay until 50KM where a crystal thing is at and it spawns the other player into your world as an NPC, with their equip, items and skills they had at that exact moment and the NPC WILL use them, even things like awakening.

If you die at any point you just get sent back a few KM and the other player gets a bonus item.

Repeat for 100KM and 150KM, except 150KM is the end. Who ever kills that NPC first wins.

It was alright until you discover how unbalanced some character classes + perks can be for "PVP."

And right after that, Albert gets killed by a bear offscreen.

I wrote more than I thought, but last thing, since you know the other player is gonna spawn in your world at each 50KM 2 squares in front, you can always easily spawn them inside mountains or water and just keep moving, they will die to the wall.

You don't get EXP or items for killing them anyway.

Alright, got a Dosey. Goodbye, my Charisma.

There's really no good way to put in PVP, without the potentialof being absolutely broken.

Man what a disaster for MCOWH. I expected so much more but all I got was dissapointment. I guess I'll just go back to playing OWH+.

Also, it never crossed my mind til now, but are there any lewds for this game? Dosey and Freia are cute...

Playing MC, and just got my first ass blasting death by trap, about 1400km in with nearly 400HP, stepped on an explosion trap which then set off an elzite bomb in my pack.

Boy, I'm not really happy about that one.

Dosey will enjoy your Nayuta.

F

I liked the whole spawning the person into your world thing with their exact stuff.

Would of been cool to have those Crystal Pillars placed in the normal game instead and if you activated them by choice you fought someone elses character from the same world for some good rewards, but nope.

Oh, I found the King. Too bad my party is full.

I have no Charisma anyway. All my love to Dosey.

I had an golem follow me for like 50km before it managed to kill me, could have maybe killed it if I didn't use all my awakenings on the demon lord ;_;

Didn't help that I was going barefisted/naked as hero, pretty much oneshot me from behind

So many dead people. Anyone clear DICKBUTT today?

I see why it's said some NPCs in MC are so shitty now, just had one be one shot speared through a door and my own character, didn't matter I was in front.

Spear enemies and Shadow men seem like good NPC friends.

Meanwhile Alma OP as hell tho.

Well, I had to enter the Dimensional Passageway without getting Detection. Hopefully shadows don't blindside me.

Everyone is playing catchup to Nameless. I'm sure someone could clear it if half of us weren't playing on Inhumane Odyssey.

when does she say this

She'll say it if it's one of those dimensions where she's a pervert.

Well, Dosey is a dog now. If only I had Albert with me.

I'm in that screenshot!

HI MOM

>your sin for hunting endangered species is 7

SOMEBODY LOCK ME UP

Now that's going into the vault.

Found a toll gate in the dimensional passage.

Bought a horse because I need some emergency rations.

Probably not, you've already seen it after all.

MC OWH isn't that good.

It says it's wanted, so it's morally justifiable to hunt it, right?

Hm.

It's still wrong in the eyes of The Law.

In the end, it summoned a bunch of spirits that instantly died in the lava, and I just walked by.

Can't do more, Wrestler's zero agility gain and low defense with inability to wear armor is killing me. Should've taken Agility UP instead of Pro Wrestler/Pugilist.

I wanted to reach the end of the world but the Demon Lord trapped me in a mountain range. I had to kill her early before the darkness got me.

Good job.

>That distance

Just cleared this myself, wasn't on Maniac but first time I killed pluton too.

RIP Olga and Shit Title Aerdou, made it with just Alma.

Every time I play OWH I have a little giggle at how shitty the UI is with shit just kind of randomly floating around. It has charm though.

>9 Titles
>S

>8 Titles
>SSS

I don't get it.

Prob not by title amount but by title points, killing pluton gives 150 alone.

Fuck

I think the UI is a lot more practical than MC's.

Oh shit, Iris just died.

F

Scroll of Stonewall, guess I'll take it.

F

I beat this game on my first ever run then never played again.

Accidentally climbed a mountain when the demon lord was close. Ended up being combo'd super hard between her and some bird.

First victory condition on normal is ez, yes

Ok.

OWH+ is literally vanilla OWH but with quality of life improvements to the interface and controls, in addition to -a lot- of additional content in terms of items and enemies, but also to an extent in regards to classes and abilities.
Which is a much, much welcome addition to the base game since it does wonders to keeping the quick yet randomized runs fresh that the game promotes thrives on so.

I'd say play OWH+ until you've unlocked everything or until you just feel like you've had your fill. And only then check out Spike Chunsoft's Mystery Chronicles OWH.

From my own experiences I'd say that Mystery Chronicles is absolutely great too. But unlike OWH vs OWH+ that is essentially an objective improvement, OWH+ vs MC:OWH have their pros and cons to each other. I'd say that both are very much worth checking out, but start with OWH+ and only check out MC:OWH if you liked OWH+.

Walk in the Park difficulty is literally practice mode.

>OWH+ vs MC:OWH have their pros and cons to each other.
I'm curious, everyone else says OWH+ is better in almost every way. What would you say MC:OWH has over it?

There goes Mila too, courtesy of Tough Shadow +16.

Really wish I managed to get Detection beforehand.

Unknown 1 WT Sword.

F

MC has WAYYYY more classes to unlock and thus play. I really do like the portraits and some of the Voice acting both Japanese and English is nice. Even without carrying flammables traps can ruin the game and really need to be changed.

Your ghost just saved my ass, Wanka.

OWH has everything i want on a roguelike but i am really not a fan of the whole thing being on a pseudo time limit

everything needs to go to the right at the game's pace and not mine

Is it fully voiced? Or is it just battle lines?

A better target/autolock system.

Tons more content.

You can get it for Vita and play it on the go.

np bb

>Trapped between the darkness and a tough fire imp
>I got one more turn I can kill it now
>I don't actually have one more turn

Shit. I swear the darkness is super inconsistent, sometimes you get one turn offscreen and sometimes you don't.

We Wan Way Heroics now.

Any decent roguelike has at least things like hunger keeping you in check.

Still gotta pay a toll to reach End of Dimension.

yeah but i can manage it
if it not the pacing then maybe its just linearity or something

either way i still dont like it

Cue credits.

youtube.com/watch?v=ntmWdb7LJV0

Fuck, Cred Forums. You're gonna make me buy OHW+ and MC. I can't wait for a sale, the itch is too strong.

isn't owh+ like 3 dollars

Does dosey spawn by the start for anyone else? I didn't notice the first time but when I took tough enemies she was there

>killing off every single endangered animal for the pelts and just going full ham on the forest rangers because my stats are raised such that they can never stop me

Such a good feeling slaughtering my way through these fuckers.

King Victor spawned at the start for me, if you're talking about DICKBUTT dimension.

Yeah, she was nearby the start for me, but died before I got to her.

Just wanted to post my inventory after clear.

End score?

It was just on Grueling.

Nigger what? OWH stands out as a roguelike because there's very little that relies on RNG. The reason people are responding so negatively to MC is because it changed that.

What? The Steam version of Plus is 1.25.

My cat died, is poor Pocky just gone forever or can I get it back somehow?

What does it actually do? I've never been able to afford it the few times I've seen it.

+3 Charisma.

+8 Wanted levels.

Help

If they die before you recruit them, you can find them again.

If they die after you recruit them, they're dead.

But you can change how it works in the options.

How do I get good?
I've played OWH, and +, and now MC, but now I realize that I am not, infact, good.

Reload last save. No save title is only worth 10 extra points anyway, not worth the risk.

Oh...

Why is Mila's ending such a goddamn pain in the arse?

I did my best, but my best wasn't good enough.

Don't be afraid to use your awakenings, it's better than being dead.

Killing animals can totally work if you have high agility, sprint, teleport pots, traps, or ivy.
I managed to make it to 2000km after having gained over 50 levels from killing animals without killing any treehuggers.

F

I can't play Maniac mode like everybody else does, I want to win.

Some conversations are properly voiced, most are just generic clips playing over the dialogue.

That's a horrible tradeoff.

Plus. No reason not to use it.

No promises...

In my last run I finally found her as my first companion.
Didn't reach licking phase when boss-dogs underlings ate us.

You can only get it on classes that don't have charisma growth, so yeah.

I would tell you to never carry bombs so that doesn't happen, but I just died to a landmine that did 400 damage and instagibbed me with no flammables in my inventory.

I think it's time to give up on Wanka.

I'm pushing 2500km as samurai and I'm one-shotting fucking everything with mountain break. This class is so good what the fuck.

Screenshot?

i've had this in my steam library forever but i've never played it

is it really any good? what do i do?

It begins. The journey of NAKED GIRL to defeat the Demon Lord... with no clothes on!

Slut.

It's a roguelike where you save the world.

What world are we playing on in MC? DICKBUTT doesn't work.

I think everyone is playing OWH+ at the moment. There's some people playing MC, but I'm not sure if they're playing in the same world.

Current one week world since and already did that dimension?

Never heard about this game before, but I saw like 7 threads about it in last 3 days. What is it like?

Samurai is hilariously broken, he has folding fang and bash on one skill that takes only one durability and Seismic slash that does force damage so you can deal with slimes, and on top of that swords are the most common weapon type.

Cleared it
Probably could have gone on for a lot longer but Knight gets boring after a while

It's a roguelike where you save the world.

Not just a slut, a drunken slut.

That's it, Cred Forums, I'm finally doing it

wish me fuck

give me some tippy tips

Why is force knight so goddamn weak?

Is it heavily based on RNG? Can you prostitute yourself?

H-how did you pay for the booze?

>wish me fuck
not even gonna make a joke, too tired

You know how.

Stat growths all over the place, energy costs out the ass for daily skills that don't last that long. At least he's not ninja though.

5x pro-wrestler ninja is super strong though.

They just don't understand me.

Doing what? Getting MC? Best tip, don't carry flammables, watch for traps around chests and every step you take inside dungeons and towns.

Because you can learn Paralyze.

Good game, wish I still had my screencap of my generic knight despairing in one of the endings I got

Was Auris an old hag? I always thought she was supposed to be a young sorcerer.

Doesn't pro wrestler ninja fall off? I remember in plus they changed something about how unarmed crits work that make it fall off hard on higher difficulties the farther you get but I can't remember exactly what it was.

Testing.

And going through that replay, I realized I wore that chainmail for about 2700km. It served me well.

I played that build to 3000km on gruelling last week, so it can't be too bad.

Nice.

Yeah, Knights are pretty boring.

I haven't played in so long

Is the dlc worth it for what it adds to the main game?

And so the journey of NAKED GIRL ends. Turns out when you don't have pants on, you're weak to attacks from... behind.

The wolf attacked my rear, overwhelming my defenses, as the Demon Lord watched... Is this the fate of all NAKED GIRLs in this cruel world? To have their behinds mercilessly plowed by wild beasts?

Until next time...

Absolutely. No wonder it's more expensive than the base game.

F

Wonder if the thread will be up in the morning.

Good night, Cred Forums.

Don't go yet, mate. Stay for another drink.

I keep dying at around 640 km, I give up.

New character woo

Toll Collector best NPC.

> tfw you fuck with animal sjws pet early on see that nigga coming at the same time as demon lord and you nope the fuck out with teleport and this mofo solos demonlord

apart from having the worst hud known to man, it's still pretty fun

Does plus need the original game or is it like dragon's dogma dark arisen?

What are the problems with the HUD that everyone keeps mentioning?

Meh. Defeating Dimensional Ruler yield only 150 points compared to end of dimension's 250 points along with huge distance points.

>OWH is 130mb
>MC is 4gb

Are you a bad enough dude to save UREWAIFU, Cred Forums?

I sure am trying

SSStylish.

You'll have to ask the Europeans, or wait 12 hours or so.

Made a thing using Green = consistently usable screen
Most everything else is waste

The new one? Or the Old one?

Yet to play the new one. Haven't seen how it looks yet.

You can move the life/ST/energy bars and minimap, dumbass.

>Doing extremely well
>Want to fight the Darkness for once
>Went far into the dimension, ended up recruiting Dosey, Panty, and Frieda
>re-recruited Dosey after she transforms
>had enough Charisma to recruit the Demon Lord
>didn't know how to do it
>got killed, failed to do it because Darkness hits hard
Which it was a bit easier to tell how to do it.

please respond

Yes.

Put it on top
blocked by Iris messages, clock, and world info

Put it on bottom
blocked/blocking useful info and spam

Put it left
Blocked by other players spam

put it right
blocks important space, since knowing whats coming 3 tiles late is shit

You need the original.

Pretty sure you couldn't recruit THAT since you already had 3 people.

If I see a thread tomorrow user I'll be game
It's way too late here to go for a run I'd be satisfied with

how do you get alma as a party member

You might be retarded, because none of those things happen. It moves the other UI elements around to make room for them. You would know this if you'd even tried.

Plus is a standalone expansion in the original and Playism releases of it. The Steam version is the only one that makes it a DLC, requiring the base game.

See, I didn't even know the limits and that was literally my first time taking on the Darkness.

Thanks for the heads up though.

I'd give DICKBUTT a run to get a Hunter win finally but I want to work on my ToS dailies.

I'll save UREWAIFU user.
Don't worry.

Tried it once. Starting the game in Santa's winter-land is already a bad way to get going.

Then I found a super strong golem and even awaken didn't help me to run away.

Knight C is best skin

Throw potion of purity or whatever it's called.

Try all of them.

What's the best class to unlock the Ninja? I'm having a hard time using the Adventurer.

Hero, duh.

Bump.

30 runs later and still I can't clear the travel journal in OWH+. Send help.

Wish this game received this much attention before Chunsoft made their version.

Afternoon Stroll
Charisma
Both Goddess Companion Statues
Companion Campaign
Stock up on good armor and a shield to write hundreds of pages in dangerous situations.

It's a relatively old game by now, it can't be helped.

Is it just me or does Plus make towns more scarce? Nothing like this is documented anywhere, but I feel like I'm barely seeing any towns compared to vanilla.

I think all building types are considered when building a world, since Plus has more types to use, less towns show up.

Pretty sure the number of towns falls off at the same pace in both the original and Plus after a while. At 500km or so, it's just infected villages and an occasional tiny hut with just a guard, a save attendant and a useless tutorial NPC.

Also I think there's more "town" types in Plus, which makes large towns rarer.