Anybody else losing any sense of hype/hope for the NX due to the complete lack of information?

Anybody else losing any sense of hype/hope for the NX due to the complete lack of information?

I mean, after the WiiU I have next to none left, but I really though that they'd be trying more and this silence is just hurting them more and more.

I was sincerely expecting an announcement at TGS, but nope.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sb1oSrKj_qw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMU
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/_NivjItkYYBg6baZv8ZTlg/
mynintendonews.com/2016/09/20/pokemon-ceo-confirms-they-will-make-games-for-nintendo-nx/
youtube.com/watch?v=viWkJAiT9iQ
gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-ceo-talks-nintendo-nx-and-advantages-of-ne/1100-6443802/
nintendo-insider.com/2011/05/ubisoft-project-cafe-is-a-fantastic-platform-predicts-it-will-be-extremely-successful/
reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/4z80yo/nvidia_finally_revealed_tegra_parker_x2_with_more/
youtube.com/watch?v=tPBtXUUeFK0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's gonna be another gimmicky underpowered console with virtually zero third party support. You can set your watch by Nintendo these days, they're that predictable.

Well... I guess I'll take your word for it. Shut the thread down people!

I'm more excited now that it's confirmed to be the console/handheld hybrid. All I need to see is if the controller is any good.

Yeah, you're probably right. I used to be under their spell, believing in what they did purely because of the handful of IPs that I enjoyed that maintained a sense of quality, but the WiiU destroyed that idea by highlighting how having those franchises alone isn't enough.

Gimmicks and innovation is great, on paper, but when you isolate yourselves from the competition so much, you end up stranded with only yourself to rely on.

I can't think of another company that deals in hardware that has destroyed themselves as successfully as Nintendo.

I bought a Wii U. I'm not making that mistake again.

This.

No information is shit but it honestly all comes down to what and how good it is

Just you.
Expectations and hype are only increasing all over the internet

We are 6 months away from the NX launch and people know nothing about it. Do Nintendo really think that people are going to hold onto their money for a console they know nothing about, when there is a huge growth in PC gaming and two brand new competition consoles coming, as shit as they are?

I thought having a new CEO who is business oriented would cause them to not make stupid fucking decisions like this.

The only reason I can think of is that the system isn't ready; which is equally fucking stupid.

ayy, Im hype as fuck

5 hours

You will hear an announcement in 5 hours.

My guess would be that they are waiting as close as they can to the holiday season to cause as mush shitstorm as they can. And also they want to have concentrated hype to last the holidays, if they had revealed it two months ago then. By now the ps4 pro or some other shit would jave gotten all the attention.

Hey! That's what you said an hour ago! Something fishy's goin on around hereeee.

I am. Nintendo has been holding back for so fucking long now that I'm just losing any hope and interest. Watch out it turn out to be shit.

I CAN'T FUCKING CONTAIN THE HYPE ANYMORE WHERE THE FUCK IS THE REVEAL

Calm your titties

I really want Nintendo to announce the damn thing already, something to look forward to.

Why would hype something with so little legit info.?
Hype it when when things get announced or after release at least.

VIDEO. GAME. FORUM

My hype started dying down after the delay pushed it out of 2016 and all the rumors starting to solidify around some kind of handheld that plugs into a TV have snuffed it out.

nah, that's not an excuse to generate hype on zero info

Anyone want to get hype for Final Fantasy Tactics 4 with me?

Never get hyped for anything. I'm not happy with Nintendo but I love Xenoblade so I will get NX for it alone if I must.

From the sounds of it, it'll be a portable Xbone with video out.

That's enough to get me interested, if only for Pokemon and the infinite potential it has when it's hacked.

Redpill: Nintendo will never make another console aimed at people who like video games. They don't care about you, making good video games and appealing to a demographic that isn't toddlers. NX is going to be severely underpowered and gimmicky. If it fails, they're going full mobile.

Try again.

Thats like making videogame threads about shit that doesn't exist. Literally fan fiction rumor tier

But based on history the underpowered consoles edge out the most powerful one.

Statitically speaking its still in the clear

this

Old Nintendo is dead

But people who like videogames have moved on to pc

Cue the system wars music

What a drama queen.

>Redpill

LOL didn't read

Right. Pretendos may not admit it, but it is the Playstation and Xbox that are in trouble, not Nintendo.

Nobody plays games on PS Now, which Sony has stated is their next big thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sb1oSrKj_qw

I'm reggie and I can confirm the NX is the greatest console ever
/thread
>b-but you can't /thread your own post
I'm reggie bitches, watch me
/thread

Whats even to be hyped about? They haven't shown anything.

It's like that comic of the guy squatting over a plate while the other is expecting him to shit except the squatting guy isn't even there yet. Save your hype for when they actually reveal the damn thing for once.

>I was sincerely expecting an announcement at TGS, but nope.

Nintendo has only been at TGS once. The only time they did was for revealing the Wii remote and it was announced they would show up before the event happened.

Just wait for the PR to be released, surely you have videogames to play while you all wait, right? not that nintendo has any at all at the moment!

It's a new fresh meme that I created 5 hours ago

another whiny little bitch . go to sleep timmy

oh shit I think this is legit guys

>it'll be a portable Xbone

Nope. Too much heat in too small a place. Unless you've been hard at work finding a way to cram a cooling solution into a comparably tiny space, there's no way that's happening.

Whether it's cool or shitty, Nintendo always does something interesting with their consoles. I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do next.

The only way they're going to redeem themselves with this reveal is if they announce tons of dead IP revivals along with it. Metroid, F-Zero, Advance Wars HD. Hell, throw in some Super Mario NX and make it a 64 sequel. If they can do that and stay away from any control gimmicks, they may win me back.

>I can't think of another company that deals in hardware that has destroyed themselves as successfully as Nintendo.
Not even Atari back when they made consoles?

but they did that once, ever, in their entire lifetime, with the wii u

the wii had insane amounts of third party support. It just wasn't good support.

the gamecube wasn't underpowered, it was stronger than the ps2

the n64 was on par with the ps1

the nes and snes had ridiculous 3rd party support

nintendo has released exactly one console which was both underpowered AND had virtually zero third party support

Sega did the second screen that's also a handheld before it was cool.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMU

Very few people care about the dead ips

It will use a Tegra X2

I can't lose something I never had.

I wasn't even hyped for the Wii U.

It wasn't so much atari's fault as much as it was the shit quality of software being pushed out by developers.

I told you guys, I've been telling you guys, for weeks, for months...

It's still too early. Those that got hyped early are now feeling hopeless. Those "leaks" and rumors" haven't helped either. half of them are DUH, and the other half is re-phrased non-news made to give blogs and sites ad revenue.

Believe me, I know that hype is fun, but there is a time for everything, and the NX's time simply hasn't come yet. It will though, but for now, it's best to put it aside.

And no, I don't have any new info at this time; I've yet receive any updated info concerning that one western publisher.

>implying that Wii era Nintendo was relevant.

so is the thing actually coming out March 2017 assuming you are in the know

From the very few pieces of inside-info I know, and frankly what everyone knows, no one can say when this is coming yet, but anything past 2017 is an unreasonable assumption.

In other words, it's safe to say it will come out in 2017 in at least the Americas and Japan. As for anything else or April vs march amiibo release listings on shopping site x or Nintendo tweet that, nothing more than click bait, and we all know it.

People would say a portable PS1 would have too much heat in the late 90s.

Tech advances, the Tegra X2 surpasses the Xbone in power while using significantly less power.

>Anybody else losing any sense of hype/hope for the NX due to the complete lack of information?

Yep.

By this point Nintendo should at least be "leaking" information here and there so people remember the thing fucking exists and to build hype towards it's reveal (which will probably be October/November).

At this point though, nobody gives a single fuck because there is no information. Nintendo could have the NX on the front page of every major gaming site and forum on a weekly basis by slowly releasing bits and pieces, but they are not even doing that.

Man how is Nintendo so good at keeping stuff secret?

They have to, since they regard everyone as a competitor.

They also only work with companies they trust, and keep things close and to the point.

NO ONE could have expected to see Shiggy and Bill at the Apple keynote.

>Final Smash Roster was leaked
>Pokemon Sun & Moon were leaked
>In fact entire 2016 3DS lineup was leaked

They are just good at keeping the NX a secret (somehow). I find it amazing that we really don't have a single leak on this thing besides rumors and patents.

>being hyped in the first place

LMAOING @ YOUR LIFE

Namco game, pokemon company game, and Western Non-NCL nintendo branch leak...

one of 2 things can be taken from this.

1. Leaks are being taken seriously throughout the regional divisions with higher reprimands.

2. NX is mostly being kept NCL and friends to japan, aka the Howard Phillips NOA has a say days are yet to return sadly.

Hope for 1, pray for 1.

Thats the thing though, Nintendo barely did anything interesting with their franchises. Mario 3D World was well polished but dull compared to Galaxy, Zelda mainly got ports, Mario Kart 8 and Smash were more of the same but their appeal wore out faster, Fatal Frame was digital only with 0 hype, I don't know what the fuck they were thinking

Wait for 2017.

>it's been confirmed
Why do people lie on the internet?

NX won't be revealed until early January.

Nintendo is still going to try to milk one last squeeze out of the 3DS and Wii U and announcing a new product right now would utterly destroy that effort

I'm assuming he's referencing that one asshole who said it was a hybrid

>Nobody plays games on PS Now, which Sony has stated is their next big thing.

Because no one wanted this and even Sonyggers lashed out at sony big time while Xbone users got it for free.

It was an odd choice for them, especially what they did with fatal frame. The game takes up half the Wii U's hard drive for christ's sake

I honestly believe that Sony is holding on any big announcements for when the NX is officially announced.
The early timing of the Pro was to let the dust settle for when they announce something bigger.
Like how PS Now will be tied to PS+ so no more "free games" will be released

>ever listening to neogaf
>ever

i'm excited for the possibilities of nx too but come on nintendo is NEVER gonna be wii-era relevant ever again

It's even dumber when you consider the fact that until 2014 or whatever the only Wii Us available came with fucking 8gb harddrives, which is pathetically small like those 12gb PS3s, but those costed a lot less I think.

>Anime poster
>iPhone poster

Kill yourself.

i really hope this is nintendos dreamcast. they out out a great system with great games but eventually put games out third party

Because announcing a brand new console after Black Friday and Christmas is a great idea. Christmas is only 13 weeks away guys. People won't have the money to drop on a new console because they spent it all on the holidays. The smart thing would have been for Nintendo to have revealed it already, so people can plan accordingly and be ready to spend money on launch day.

That's the other key factor: Launch Day/Launch Window games. Give consumers a reason to pick up an NX as soon as possible. Give consumers a reason not to go all out this holiday I'm aware that holiday 2017 is going to be crazy for the general public, but Nintendo can't wait THAT long for people to buy the thing IMO.

No but maybe if you keep making threads about it I'll eventually change my mind.

They said it themselves, Kimishima to be specific, that it would be revealed before 2016 ends. A Nintendo of Canada rep said it would be revealed in "fall" but technically autumn ends in december 21st.

But you do have a point with them not wanting to destroy their holiday marketing, so I think October/what is left of september will be the perfect time for a reveal.

>LMAO GET FUCKED SONY- NIGGER NINTENDO HAS ENOUGH MONEY TO LAST 3 FUCKING MILLENIAS AND WII U WAS ONLY THE TIP OF THE ICE BERG LMFAO ENJOYING YOUR VITA ? *Nintentoddler delusion intensifies*

The only new console out in time for the holidays is Pro.

Dawg, they said more info would come in fall.

Today was the first day of fall.

Y'all need to chill.

Nintendo would most likely die clutching their IPs tight to them before going third party.

Or just go full mobile, either is a disturbing thought.

A friendly reminder that Nintendo sold more DS systems than all three Xbox consoles combined.

They're sitting on $9 billion in cash and short term investments and they have effectively zero debt.

Let's stop the, "They need to go 3rd party" nonsense.

Wii U has zero third party suppport at the moment, sans a few eshop releases per month...

Point being we have Color Splash in a few weeks, and then fucking NOTHING until Breath of the Wild. They can't survive on ONLY first party games, not 2 consoles in a row

They're not talking about it because they don't want competitors copying it before it's reasonably close to release, which means a gimmick is involved.

Reminder the majority of those sales come from Monster hunter and Pokefaggotry.

Nine billion dollars.

They could survive another two decades of Wii U like performance.

The market doesn't need a third, underpowered x86 box. Making one to chase Fifa and Grand Theft Auto sales would be the dumbest thing they could do.

Jesus, I just picked up the console, wasn't aware they were made with less than 32 gb. They must have really hated fatal frame.

>Reminder the majority of those sales come from Monster hunter and Pokefaggotry.

What's your point. Money spent on Pokemon spends just as well as money spent on whatever shitty games you like.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/_NivjItkYYBg6baZv8ZTlg/

HOLY SHIT GET A LIFE

Actually, if the NX is a console/handheld hybrid like speculated then instead of spreading out games between console and handheld platforms, they can combine them into a single platform and focus on that entirely instead of splitting resources.
Therefore it's entirely possible that Nintendo could support the NX via first party titles alone. I'm sure there will be third party games but let's face it, people buy Nintendo to play Nintendo.

That if they lost MH then the sales wouldn't be nearly as high as they look and I guarantee if they push out number underpowered piece of shit in the current year they will not make as much off it as they could.

Thankfully NX being a Portable/Console hybrid means there fucked to begin with .

nintendo never will go third party if the nx flops nintendo will go full mobile

>The market doesn't need a third, underpowered x86 box. Making one to chase Fifa and Grand Theft Auto sales would be the dumbest thing they could do.

I know that, and it's nice that Nintendo fills it's own niche and is kind of in it's own league. I was just making the point that the Wii U is literally on it's last legs due to a lack of ANY type of support, first, third or otherwise

>if they lost MH

NEVER
E
V
E
R

I'm being 100% sincere when I say that would be a best case scenario: nintendo merges their development branches together and just makes either 10/10 GOAT stuff or really fun and interesting experimental shit like they love to do on their handhelds

Bloodborne is better anyway then the redundant shit that is MH but regardless my point stands.

Yeah thats true

>That if they lost MH then the sales wouldn't be nearly as high as they look a

60 million 3DS units sold. About 4 million copies of MH4U sold.

Most 3DS owners aren't playing Monster Hunter.

>They could survive another two decades of WiiU performance.
if the nx flops like the wiiu nintendo will go full mobile

>Bloodborne is better anyway then the redundant shit that is MH

Neat.

They're two completely different games.

They're two completely different games

NEVER
E
V
E
R

And BB is the better of the two.

So am I supposed to be excited about the main console dragging their hand held downwards?

>redundant shit
>Bloodborne is literally the fourth entry into a long running series of stamina based combat with an emphasis on committing to your attacks and knowing when to withdraw with an invasion element and an asynchronous multiplayer, but now with a cthulu mythos twist

Fromsoft is just as guilty as Capcom.

I happen to agree. They scratch two different itches though.

My local game store holds MH meetups. We go. We play. We have some beers. We shoot the shit. It's fun.

Bloodborne is an incredibly isolating (though cool) experience. It can't offer what MH does.

Think we'll ever get a FromSoftware game on a Nintendo console?

I would genuinely enjoy that. Though I want Fromsoft to make a sequel to 3D dot game heroes and put in the next nintendo console, or just make games other than the souls series again

or hell just fucking port 3D dot game heroes

nah

I have a feeling that there's always gonna be compromise to a games design so it can cater well to being played on a hanheld. Everything will be segregated into missions like a Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. And they'll think it causes no harm to the console experience.

I think you've been living in a bubble.

profits user profits

NX confirmed for Dreamcast 2

The NINTENDO TENCAST

>dragging

You seem to enjoy your 240 p screen

What's the endgame of going mobile? That Nintendo, with the power of it's brands, will make a business that is twice as valuable or three times as valuable as the previous market leader (KING before getting bought out by Activision)?

Cool. That would put their valuation at around $18 billion. That's barely above the book value of all of Nintendo's assets. Might as well liquidate and turn the assets over to the shareholder at that point.

>implying the 4DS would have a 240p screen

>You seem to enjoy your 240 p screen

lol yah. Specs matter on handhelds. That's why everyone fondly remembers playing their Atari Lynx and their Sega Gamegear.

That's why the PSP and Vita crushed the DS and 3DS.

Norwegian Cruise Line? What the fuck do they have to do with this?

Stop using uncommon abbreviations, you soggy cunt.

>Norwegian Cruise Line?

I just booked a cruise with them tonight!!

They obviously they are aiming for the casuals harder than ever, and they don't want their old fanbase to go apeshit, that's why they are waiting to make the announcement as quiet as possible and as close as the launch date.

NCL is Nintendo Company Limited's official abbreviation, I will continue referring to them as such.

ITR
nae
cxf
o|u
m|n
e|d

Pokemon CEO said it was a hybrid.
mynintendonews.com/2016/09/20/pokemon-ceo-confirms-they-will-make-games-for-nintendo-nx/

wat.

>NCL is Nintendo Company Limited's official abbreviation, I will continue referring to them as such.
No one calls it that. Stop being a faggot.

Lucky bastard.

Read vertically

>If it fails, they're going full mobile.

They will turn completley into electronic toys, shitty Disney-like movies and theme parks, living on their old franchises fame among other non-vidia related business.

Most people in the US get a nice chunk of money in the spring

>That's why the PSP and Vita crushed the DS and 3DS

Yep. Stopped caring about it. Was gonna get ulcers if i didnt stop.

And they're fucking rubes who treat it like surprise income instead of money that they already earned that the IRS is giving back.

Seriously if your tax refund is the difference between you affording or not affording the NX, don't buy video games.

if the nx flops and sell less than the WiiU. What you expect of Nintendo to do try again and launch another console? they will not develop for the PlayStation they are too proud to do that. Microsoft will likely leave the console market. PC is niche is nearly nonexistent in Japan. so mobile is the only way of Nintendo to continue developing games.

>post yfw not even SEGA went this low when they quit on consoles

>if the nx flops and sell less than the WiiU. What you expect of Nintendo to do try again and launch another console?

That's what is most likely, yes. Followed shortly by going third party, liquidating their assets and going out of business, licensing out all of their properties so that other people can make (real) video games with them, opening a chain of low margin grocery stores, and THEN going exclusively mobile.

For real dudes. Apple was dead in the water making shitty products for 15 years before the iMac and iPod. 15 years later they're the most valuable company on the planet.

Getting fatalistic when Nintendo sold a quarter of a billion dedicated gaming hardware devices between 2005 and 2011 just because 2012-2016 has been a bit rough... come on.

>Tegra X2 surpasses the Xbone in power
Do you have a source for that? The only application we know the Parker is in is the autonomous driving computer Nvidia put together and it's checking in at around 1TFLOP there without the constraints of a portable form factor or a battery power source.

>openig a chain of low margin grocery stores.
Kek remember user Nintendo used to have a chain of motels and sell instantaneous rice.

Apple will end up like this

Nope, I'm still excited to see what it is and what games it will have. Cred Forums shitposting can never stop me from enjoying a console or a game, especially Nintendo.

Which is why I ranked the grocery store idea above mobile exclusivity

>Getting fatalistic
Cred Forums is fueled by shitposts and bait, it draws responses to say "Nintendo is dead" every other sentence even when any reasonable person, whether they like Nintendo or not, knows that's not true. Just like the "going mobile only" line.

The only way that Nintendo's next console isn't going to flop is if it has zero motion or touch-related bullshit. People want to just sit and play their game with a comfortable controller on a nice big TV. Even games like Super Mario Maker could be redone to work on a regular controller. They just need to stop with the fucking gimmicks and give people what Sony and Microsoft have been giving them since the Gamecube.

You are wrong and an idiot on all levels. The Wii U's level of "gimmick" is perfect. You don't have to use the gamepad if you don't want to, and games that do use it like Super Mario Maker would be much worse off without it.

People are saying it's because they don't want their ideas stolen. My personal theory is they're preparing demos for actual games, and not tech demos that lead to disappointment. Pic related.

yeah, making the games is a lot of work. I don't doubt they have many more demos and announcements than usual.

>Nintendo should show up 3.5 years late to the party by being the third competitor in a line of underpowered, x86 gaming pcs.

Literally the dumbest thing they could do.

A dual screen handheld was a "gimmick"
Motion controls were a "gimmick"
Stereoscopic 3D is a "gimmick"
An exercise fitness board is a "gimmick"

You know what they all have in common?

More sales than the second banana XBox One. And you want them to be the third banana?

Well to be fair, Nintendo hasn't hyped a damn thing about the NX. All the hype is coming from Twitter users with "My dad works at Nintendo" credibility and Nintendo fanboys with nothing better to do for obvious reasons.

Believe it or not, Nintendo still has games (well one game really) coming out that they have to promote before getting into any NX news. Once that's out of the way then Nintendo will speak.

So chill out, be patient and most importantly CAN NINTENDO HURRY UP AND REVEAL THIS FUCKING THING!!!?[

>The Wi U's level of "gimmick" is perfect
>You don't have to use the gamepad if you don't want to

>My personal theory is they're preparing demos for actual games

I think this is the most likely explanation. They don't want to announce a system with no games. They'll delay it if they have to, but this son of a bitch is launching with games.

and they don't want to announce things 4 years early anymore.

Are you serious with this? Out of the four gimmicks you listed, only one actually worked well. Who the fuck uses 3D for more than a few minutes after first buying the system? Who other than children and old people used the fitness board and have used it since? How many games have touched controls ruined or made worse than if they hadn't shoehorned it in? You Nintendo apologists are the worst.

Funny thing is you mostly don't have to use the GamePad in SFZ. Games media collectively ignored that because you get more clicks when you say stuff like,

"SFZero is a bad game and I refuse to review it." - Kotaku

or

"SFZero is a fucking pile of dogshit" (paraphrased from Jim Sterling)

>I don't like it so Nintendo should stop doing it
Sorry bud, Nintendo's sales are stronger because of those "gimmicks" and they're not going to stop doing them because of you.

False, 32gb has been available since launch. Mind you, it still is pathetically small.

My bad, meant motion controls, not touch controls.

This. It's just not Nintendo's strategy. And they can definitely fulfill their "hardcore" fans without just making the Nintendo Xbox too. If Wii U had better sales and marketing in general, it would have been a good idea to sell it with a Pro controller too, but the games are there. And they will be on NX too.

Sure you don't have to use it, you just have to adjust to the misleading on screen crosshairs.

Well to be fair, mobile gaming wasn't much of a thing when Sega went third party.

>Who other than children and old people used the fitness board and have used it since?

Do children and old people not count or something?

And with regards to, "who used it since", Wii Fit 2 did pretty much exactly the same sales numbers as the first game.

Is anyone playing Wii Fit in 2016? Probably not, but who cares? Sometimes it's fun just to play something for a few months or years. Not everything has to stand the test of time.

Dead Space was super fun 2008. The odds of me every playing Dead Space again are pretty much zero percent though. Just because it doesn't stand the test of time in my memory doesn't negate the fun I had with it in 2008 (or to the company's interest, the money I spent)

Nintendo's sales are strong because their hardware is cheap and their games are family friendly. It's got nothing to do with the quality of over 75% of their games. People buy the yearly Olympic Game tie-ins and say they're good with a straight face. It doesn't make them any less wrong.

stupid fucking post

That was literally sarcasm you ignorant fuck. It directly contradicts the sentence beforehand, so it's most definitely sarcasm.

Who was even talking about games? We're talking about your hatred of so-called hardware gimmicks, despite the fact they work out just fine for Nintendo, which is all that actually matters.

Fuck I hope not. They should just add a quick save and restore option, that saves even when the system is off for every game.

Honestly, I can't even feel anything over it anymore.

I just want to be here when the reveal happens. It's gonna be a disaster and the shitposting will reach astronomical heights. It will be hilarious.

I wouldn't have said this a year ago. But Nintendo can only pull so much shit before the rope snaps. Fuck them. Fuck NoA. Fuck Reggie. Fuck all of them, they have no idea what they're doing anymore.

The games use the gimmicks, which is what we were talking about. And Christ, why do people think that just because something makes money it's automatically good? Cigarette companies make tons of fucking cash, but their product literally kills you. I'd rather quality over quantity.

I like the content of this image but the presentation is god-awful.
Please fix it.

>Fuck all of them, they have no idea what they're doing anymore.

In 2015 they released a game that was GotY on many prominent websites. They also launched a new IP on a system that almost no one has and it sold nearly 5 million copies.

Even when Nintendo is a distant third place, they're killing it.

I always found it odd they would show a "realistic" Zelda demo again. I would have thought they learned their lesson from the Gamecube.

Reminder that you are so pathetic that your primary interest in video games is as opportunities to shitpost like a prepubescent on Cred Forums, instead of actually playing and enjoying video games.

Is that Paper Jam or Dream Team?

It's funny to me the wide range of emotions people are showing over the NX, when we know almost nothing about it.

>We heard about the NX for the first time over a year ago
>It was supposed to ve revealed this e3
>6 months until its release and we don't know what the fuck it is yet
>All the fucking rumors
>Nintendo remains completely silent

Yes, I'm tired of waiting and I'm losing the hype for this shit.

Dream Team. Just about to finish it and then start Paper Jam.

Iwata revealed NX earlier than he wanted to in an investor meeting under less than ideal circumstances, which is why there's been a long gap between announcement and reveal. And it was never meant to be shown at E3.

Having one or two great games every couple of years doesn't excuse the astronomical levels of fuck ups they have the rest of the time. Everyone knows Breath of the Wild is going to be GotY 2017, but that one stroke of genius doesn't mean that Nintendo is any less fucking retarded the rest of the time.

Yeah, I messed up on that, they had both 8gb and 32gb hard drives available. It's still ridiculous especially with their only solution being "get an external hard drive", and a console that costs $300 but ships with an 8gb hard drive is terrible.

They discontinued 8gb models a long time ago, but it's clear they hated Fatal Frame because they never brought 4 or 2's remake stateside, which makes Nintendo owning it all the worse when it's as bad as M$ owning the series

Why do you care so much about whether Nintendo is "retarded" if there are good games available to play?

Fuck off Cody

Oh no, I myself am not going to shitpost. But there WILL be shitposting here, and it will be an exorbitant amount of it. Considering we still know jackdiddily about it I think whenever it happens will be a fun day. Very fun. And I will enjoy it. You cannot stop me you fag.
Also,

So just because Nintendo delivers on one or two great games a year I'm not supposed to care about the other 363 days where there's nothing? Not everyone can afford to buy every console and fill in the gaps with other games. The only big game releasing for Wii U between now and the end of the year is Paper Mario: Color Splash and it looks like garbage. Meanwhile, next month alone PS4 is getting Dragon Quest Builders and World of Final Fantasy. Why the fuck shouldn't I be pissed?

>In 2015 they released a game that was GotY on many prominent websites.
What game is that? The only 2015 game I remember was Splatoon.

You can do whatever you want. But this is a thread about the NX and it sounds sort of like you're saying "I already hate the NX because I hate Nintendo and I don't care that the NX will have a bunch of great games."

>make a barebones multiplayer shooter
>add lolis
>stick the name of Nintendo on it
>call it Goty

Nintendrones everyone

i'll buy whatever they put out

What about this:

So according to Ubisoft, the NX is a "great idea" that "nobody else has tried before ever" So what is the NX then? Name a gaming device that nobody has tried to make before.

>Inb4 nx is a vitaTV that uses smartphones as controllers for their freemium shovelware

Not saying Splatoon was game of the year just asking what the GOTY was because I can't remember any major Nintendo releases aside from that.

>Implying Splatoon isn't a great game
>Packed with content after months of free weekly content updates
>The most fun shooter i've played in years.
>Last nintendo system I owned was a Gamecube and this game made me buy a WiiU

Guess you don't like fun

>"The new Nintendo [system] is a fantastic machine. Its really a new approach, it's really Nintendo, [which is] coming with something new again. We love it." -Ubisoft CEO

Source:
gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-ceo-talks-nintendo-nx-and-advantages-of-ne/1100-6443802/

WHAT THE FUCK IS ITTT SOMEBODY TELL MEEEEEEEE

Actually, I can vouch for Mona Fan. NCL used to show up quite a bit in Nintendo Power when speaking of in-house development.

They said the same shit with the Wii U before dumping it. This means nothing

Sounds familiar.

>Yves Guillemot said exactly the same thing about Wii U.

>Ubisoft: Project Café is “a fantastic platform,” predicts “it will be extremely successful”

Ubisoft’s CEO Yves Guillemot has today commented on the forthcoming reveal of Nintendo’s Wii successor, codenamed Project Café,

nintendo-insider.com/2011/05/ubisoft-project-cafe-is-a-fantastic-platform-predicts-it-will-be-extremely-successful/

It's a Wii U but you have the choice of have it display on a TV or on the tablet's built-in screen

>Nintendo says its new
>"Lies"
>Kimishima says its new
>"More lies"
>Ubisoft, fucking Ubisoft, who abandoned the Wii U and hated it to fucking death, says its new
>"More lies"

HOW MANY FUCKING PEOPLE ARE YOU GOING TO CALL LIARS? UBISOFT HAS NO FUCKING CONNECTIONS TO THEM AT ALL. THEY HAVE NO REASON TO LIE AT ALL! IF THEY DIDN'T LIKE IT, THEY WOULD HAVE UNDERPLAYED IT LIKE FUCK. THEY HAVE NO AGENDA, YOU CAN'T JUST KEEP CALLING EVERYONE THAT TALKS ABOUT IT A LIAR! NOTHING IS EVER GOING TO LEAK THAT WAY!

You have no fucking clue what the NX is going to have other than Breath of the Wild. And yes, right now I have concerns based on what Nintendo's done up until now with their home consoles. The Wii U was a giant slap to the face for a lot of loyal purchasers, despite it having a handful of great games. The problems started with the Wii, but at least that system had so many games in the end that it wasn't that hard to find enough good ones to justify the purchase. I own about a dozen games for the Wii U and feel like I have the entire worthwhile catalog. That's fucking pathetic, especially when you see the 3DS getting all of the third party support, new IPs and worthwhile content. Why the fuck should anyone trust another Nintendo home console without some proof that it isn't going to be the same shit show?

Not saying they are lying. I'm saying that it means literally nothing because their previous boasting meant jack shit. Also watch the caps lock you spurg

That and in the 2k15 E3 event, they stated that transformation in Nintendo is happening, including Universal Studios Nintendoland, mobile apps and games, AND dedicated game platform code name NX which WILL BE DISCUSSED in 2016.

No date given, no quarter given. All we know, and have know, is that this year is the year.

Developers always say the same shit, but at the end there is no games or in the best scenario they just thow a bunch at launch and then forget it exist.

Remember those lies Iwata said of how many companies were making games for Wii U? I'm still waiting No more heroes 3

It was confirmed by the goddamn Pokemon Company CEO.

“The NX is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a hand-held device,”

Buying a Wii U has rewarded me with some of the best games ever made and the unique experience of not having to turn on the TV to play the tablet-suited games when I don't feel like it. For the cheap price of a Nintendo console, that's more than good enough. Hell, Splatoon, Smash, and Mario Maker alone have gotten enough play time to be worth it. I'm not someone who gets irrationally angry at my hobbies for trivial reasons, I just like playing good games.

No one even knows what the NX is, so hating it on the basis of the Wii U's underperformance is a pretty strange decision.

That doesn't confirm anything. The NX is tied to Nintendo's integration of handheld and console SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT, as per Iwata at investor meetings, and the comment you quote fits that. No one but clickbait rumor-hypers has "confirmed" that the HARDWARE is integrated.

Unironically, this.

Thank you.

Truly, near nothing is confirmed.

Wasn't it leaked that they got a patent for for some sort of hybrid with detachable controllers on each side? It even had diagrams of how it worked.

I'm on mobile but you could easily Google it.

The tegra X1 was already 1tflop.

I know leddit but here

reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/4z80yo/nvidia_finally_revealed_tegra_parker_x2_with_more/

You're an idiot. 6 months is more than enough time for a reveal for Nintendo. Hell, Apple gives consumers about a weeks notice before they release their shitty downgraded phones. Fans will buy it no matter what, NX has been hyped far too long to fail.

Patents aren't leaked, they're public information. And Nintendo patents a lot of things, including some dumb controller-like thing that led to people being fooled by this 3D printed fake.

Patents don't mean squat. They also don't mean that someone else isn't gonna use it.

Clickable Scroll toggle shoulders? Remember that?

This Xbox One controller has them.

I don't hate the NX - like you said that makes zero sense since it isn't out yet. I'm worried about the NX though and I'm sure as hell not going to get hyped for it until we get some information about what it is and what games are going to be releasing with it. Like I said, there are some fantastic games for the Wii U, but I still feel like it could've been so much more if Nintendo had actually put more effort into it the way they did with the 3DS. It especially hurts when the few great exclusives that the Wii U does have eventually end up on 3DS with additional content (Super Mario Maker doesn't count obviously).

I honestly don't believe the whole "People will start to be uninterested because we aren't getting info". When they come out and show it, everyone is gonna be excited. Whether Diablo 3 was good or not, it was in development forever and when it came out it broke sell records. No man's sky sold incredible amounts of copies and people said oh the hype is dying when they didn't show stuff for some time. I think it's just people wanting to try and pressure Nintendo and yeah I would like to know more about the NX too but unless we pass march next year and it wasn't when unveiled then, at that point people will start giving up. At this point who knows how long they can keep it secret before it comes out? No one knows what's gonna happen

>Anybody else losing any sense of hype/hope for the NX due to the complete lack of information?
No. What's making me lose any sense of hope is Nintendo's track record for the last 10-15 years. They're a fucking joke these days. If Miyamoto dies i'll get excited for them again.

I respect your opinions. Agreed the Wii U's life could have been much better than it was. I just feel no reasons to be worried that the NX won't make me personally happy. Maybe I'm just too easy to please.

>Mona Fan

Wasn't that that guy who was on the level with the Wii U, 3DS, and DSi?

I don't really care what the NX is I just hope Nintendo doesn't sabotage the third party support the 3DS had with a hardware iteration that acts as a technical barrier to development just to try and regain ground in a console market that long since left them.

I just want a 3DS successor. Nintendo has no place in the console market anymore, their first party games can all easily be regulated to handhelds and in fact would look and play brilliantly on them. I dont like forking out $300 for a console just to play games that are essentially Super Mario Bros reskins or 64 games with better textures, Nintendo software simply dose not justify nor scale with console hardware at all.

Just make a 3DS successor Nintendo and keep the third party support it has, that's all I want from the NX..

Tegra X2 doesn't surpass an xbone in power. The inky way it comes close is if it's maxed out, which would draw far too much power and create too much heat AND if it exclusively uses FP16. Even then it's not as much.

It WILL have a better CPU pretty much whatever happens, though. Jaguar is fucking terrible.

Best can hope for is 2-3.5x Wii U which, on a modern architecture and 720p screen, should allow for decent-looking xbone ports.

If Eurogamers wasn't a leak, what would a leak look like? Nothing short of photo evidence? It's not like there was photo evidence of the 3DS launch lineup.

>nintendo
>powerful handheld
Didn't we learn anything from history? They can't afford power, they're not a hardware company nor do they market outside of the casual family audience.

Nintendo has always been about technology and power. In some instances, not in the ways most would think, nor in ways which would be common, but Nintendo has always been about current and future technology and trends, and how THEY can use it to create a canvas wide enough to capture the creativity of their artists.

That's how they've always done it, how it should be.

>Funny thing is you mostly don't have to use the GamePad in SFZ
yeah you do, the cursor on-screen doesn't represent your actual shots crosshair. It's so dumb.

It's not the worst game ever, but it's bad enough to kill the series for another 10 years.

calm down friendo, Ubisoft is a lying sack of shit regardless of platform, and they said similar things about the Wii U. As we know, they fucked the console over 5 ways to sunday before completely dropping support for it.

Read your own link and read it carefully. See if you can figure out what it's really saying.

the X1 was a teraflop in closed doors with nvidia numbers. In actual use it was closer to 450 GFLOPS, which is still great for a mobile GPU, but nothing compared to the Xbone and PS4.

You sound like the biggest Nintendo cock sucker alive. Nintendo dropped technology after the Gamecube you dumb fuck.

if you think nintendo has the same pull as apple today, you are horribly wrong

just 5 more hours user and you will know

The thing is iPhones at least have a set template of what they are and do.

No, no they didn't. And trust me, I am very critical of Nintendo, and I do call them out of their bullshit. It's delusional to say Nintendo dropped technology since the GCN. They have always been about technology power, or new implementations of such, even though how they approach it may seem different. Since GCN they've invested in holographic storage, have put an emphasis in performance per watt for processors regardless of application, debuted NFC reader/writers in a major game platform, had the first use of mainstream parallax-barrier glasses-free 3D, brought resistive touch to the masses, made fast flash storage for console a standard, made built-in wireless NICs a standard, embraced expandable generic media storage, and most importantly IMO, debuted pointer control to the masses, so games like Metroid Prime Trilogy and Super Mario galaxy and Trauma Team could literally BE.

They have always been about technology, they will always be about technology. Perhaps in a way different than the other guys? absolutely.

>Wii is a overclocked GCN WiiU is 3 Wii duct taped.
>Nintendo don't dropped technology;

one fuck up it's all it takes especially if it was the previous console, Nintendo has to recapture the interest of nintendrones and devs, be appealling to the ps4, xbone, pc and casual players. The launch will define everything, if they fail they're dead, there's no recovering from it.

The Power-based CPU in the Wii U is actually fairly interesting. It has a fairly nice performance-per-watt rating, AND a shorter pipe. Remember, clock is NOT everything to specs, it is just another number. See what Nintendo has done with it, and what they have been able to achieve with it. The Canvas that is Wii U has served Nintendo well, their work shines on it.

This video actually showcases the advantage of a shorter pipe, and that a higher clock doesn't exactly equate to more power or better performance.

youtube.com/watch?v=tPBtXUUeFK0

With this is mind, should this thing be a hybrid with a mobile/based architecture, PPW is gonna be VERY important. Also important is compatible architectures that dev are already comfortable with, something they did not meet with Wii U unfortuntatly.

>Nintendoomed

I was more talking about the standard of hardware for their consoles after the gc but didn't know they did all that other stuff but pointer controller stuff was done before by Sony during the ps2 I believe. Implementing existing technology to me is sort of questionable, I can appreciate the 3D stuff they've done though

but it's true, third party devs don't want to go near the Wii U, because of that there's droughts, and if then NX is another gimmicky console then it'll be the Wii U all over again, if it's not powerful enough people won't buy it, the PS4 Pro and Scorpio are guaranteed to have third party support, will be way more powerful, so tell me what is there besides Mario, Smash and Mario Kart? BotW is crippled by the Wii U, so much potential wasted.

Fucking Wait you man child

>portable Xbone
Hahahahahahaha
Nope, 360 at best.

>the PS4 Pro and Scorpio are guaranteed to have third party support, will be way more powerful
>more powerful
>same garbage performance, just at a higher resolution
>Ps4 Pro can't run 4K blu rays
>full priced consoles

What's it like living with brain damage?

Wii U didn't fail because of the gimmicks, they failed due to crashing the proverbial marketing plane with no survivors. They couldn't have fucked up the Wii U marketing harder.

>Sony, the creator of Blu-Ray, can't play 4k Blu-rays on PS4
>Xbone S can

>They're sitting on $9 billion in cash
So, you are nintedo investor or something, because why the fuck do you care about cash.
As a gamer you need to think only about good hardware and great games with big 3rd party support. And nintendo have none of this.

as a gamer I generally don't care about specific third-party support, just good games.

Never will, either, and yet they're still the best console to have, seeing as Sony and microsoft are in a race to see who can fuck the customer harder.

Nintendo's guilty of retarded shit too, but I like muh marios and zeldas, it's the only reason why I hang around

>This is what Nintenbabies actually believe

I didn't buy their console because it has virtually zero 3rd party support, which means no alternatives, and even their own games are shit compared to their predecesors, not to mention Amiibos, DLC, which they swear never implement, shit online, expensive as fuck and underpowered hardware, but probably the thing that pisses me more is that not even their own games use the full potential of the console.

Honestly, Mario Kart and Paper Mario are the only games made by Nintendo whose graphics look appealing to me.

Pikmin 3 looked pretty nice. Though I felt the gameplay was a step back

>just good games.
>no 3rd party support
>no gta
>no witcher
>no dark souls
ok.

>what is a PC for those

Any nintendo fan nowadays with any sense will have a PC for the third party shit, and a Nintendo console for their Nintendo games.

>I own a PC so I don't need to degrade myself to console versions of multiplats

Nintendo + PC is truly the best route to go, especially now that Microsoft is starting to abandon the Xbox brand.

>not PS4+3DS+Wii U+PC

>Any nintendo fan nowadays with any sense will have a PC
Hahaha, no.
Most nintedo fans do not play on anything besides nintedo platform, and never tried those games, thinking mario and zelda - best offerings in game world.

isn't can't is don't want.

>not thinking the Wii U failed marketing-wise, which caused third-parties to abandon it.

Are you an idiot? The Wii U had a pretty stellar third-party launch lineup all things considered. EA, WB, Square Enix, Activision, and Ubisoft all were on-board. Then the console stopped selling in like March and Ubisoft was the first to pull the plug.

>Nintendo + PC is truly the best route
>Nintendo
>best
Sorry, just no.

NX confirmed for Sombra

why would I want a PS4? Bloodborne is amazing but I'm not buying a console for one game.

who's talking about 4K? do you serously believe a handheld/console hybrid is gonna be near as powerful as the regular ps4 or xbone? what's gonna change about the Scorpio and the Pro? same consoles with just updated graphics, same third party devs, no reason not to develop games for them, whereas the NX is an entirely new console with zero established consumer base, pretty risky if it's another gimmicky underpowered console, they won't trust nintendo.

>stellar third-party launch lineup
Not really. Bad ports of old games with bad sales.

Holy shit based Sony!

gesundheit

Nope, sorry. PC + Console that actually gets games is the best.

PC for everything, PS4/Xbone for those few multiplats that don't come to PC.

You miss out on nothing by skipping the Wii U, especially since at this point all of their exclusives have been ported to the 3DS, and all 3rd party titles have gone to PC including Devil's Third.

I never said that. I'll get to shitting on the NX when it comes out, but I'm currently shitting on the Pro and Scorpio because they're garbage that Sony and Microsoft are trying to push down your throat.

They're not any stronger than the PS4 and Xbone, they're mainly focused on 4K shit and VR garbage

You can't play FF15 or Kingdom Hearts 3 with PC + Wii U.

>Console that actually gets games

yeah, the Wii U. Sony consoles get movies and Microsoft consoles get DLC platforms

Just like it happened with Wii, and it sold like andies. Not to mention third's stop supporting it when sales of their games on the Nintendo console dropped and they started developing games for a new generation Wii U couldn't handle

im going to be deeply disappointed if this turned out to be a "handheld" (in any format; hybrid, whatever)

im not 13 years old i have a beautiful TV and want to game on it to it's fullest capacity.

FF15 is gonna get a PC port and Kingdom Hearts has been otaku normie shit for 3 games now.

There are literally 2 exclusives left on the Wii U worth playing that haven't been ported to 3DS or aren't also on PC.

well yeah, they're the iphone of consoles, but people are gonna still buy them, Nintendo will be competing against them.

Some third-parties didn't do well, some flourished. Ubisoft basically revealed that games like Assassin's Creed and the new Far Cry's wouldn't exist if it weren't for all the shovelware they put on the Wii.

>Kingdom Hearts has been otaku normie shit for 3 games now.

which is a shame, I like the combat in KH 2, I just wished they didn't go full retard with the story, and I never liked those random gimmick battles throughout the game.

They shoulda just stuck with the story of a kid teaming up with disney heroes to fight evil with the power of friendship, that's literally all it ever needed to be

The NX is our last hope for a console worth anything, it's reveal determines if this generation is a complete loss or not. There will be hype and anticipation until it's finally unveiled, it's release isn't until 6 months from now, why does everyone expect information this early?

>only 2
>3D World
>Splatoon
>Bayonetta 2
>Tropical Freeze
>Nintendoland
>Game & Wario
>Pikmin 3
>Sm4sh

What weirds me out is that it's not a hybrid if all you do is upscale a 540p screen to your TV. So there has to be a dock of some sort, and it's totally possible that it will have some sort of supplemental graphical processor to it.

I agree with everything there, but.

>nintendoland
>game & wario

seriously, user? Replace those with Mario Kart 8

Deep down, I am hoping for a good at-home console experience, regardless of it being a console or some sort of hybrid.

Wii U has made me very happy with the way Nintendo has put out games, almost every single one is 720p @ 60FPS locked. I would be very happy with the next Nintendo system being 720p with AA in all games @ 720p as bare minimum and 1080p 60 FPS as a common occurrence.

After all, resolution is only a number, what really matters is fluidity and performance.

>Sm4sh
Then you should name Mario Kart 8, Mario Tennis and Mario party then.

Those two are probably my most-played games user. They're the fucking tits at college parties. Girls love it, guys love it, it's simple and easy to set up.

I seriously think I have close to 200 hours in Nintendoland. Best investment I've made on the Wii U.

Sure, throw them on the list if you want. They're exclusives.

That DK game is criminally underrated.

Fun as fuck and hard as hell. The Zelda game is also really hard at later stages.

Fuck the Pikmin and Yoshi games though, boring as sin. Octodance is also boring.

Oh look it's /r/ShitRedditSays

Did you shit on N3DS too?

Yeah, it's also fucking retarded and unnecessary.

THIS man, idk why both Microsoft and Sony have gone off the rails and pushed so hard for 4k gaming (and nearly any of the games are 4k native), it's almost like they have a stake in the 4k TV market and they're desperately trying to stimulate their sales. I don't know anyone who has a 4k TV, and I expect that only 5-10% of people do. Both Sony and Microsoft's next consoles are doomed to fail and I think it will be remembered as a monumental mistake.

>720p in 2017.

>2016
>720p 60FPS locked no tearing is YET to be the defecto standard for the other guys.

Performance and fluidity is what matters, resolution truly is just a number.

No, anything less than 1080p on a console plugged into a TV is almost unacceptable at this point. 720p is extremely limiting with visuals.

Well honestly, the Wii U looked good before Nintendo fucked it up.

TVs aren't monitors...

By this I mean I get it, 720p "nigger resolution" as some call it is unacceptable for a notebook as the workspace is minuscule and everything looks like shit, but on a console, on a TV, everything is built around a 10-foot UI anyways, or at least should be, so it's nowhere near as big of a deal as it might be with say a desktop monitor and you being 2 feet away from it.

Game creators are aware of this.

I would have to agree with this user, 1080p has 2.25x the amount of pixels than 720p. It adds an enormous amount of detail. It's only that it's not technologically feasible for the console that Nintendo is rumored to be releasing to have 4K resolution, and is why it's forgivable.

As someone who watches a lot of films, there is a VERY large difference between a 720p tv and 1080p tv. It's immediately noticeable.

Perhaps you're thinking of 1080p vs 4k?

>that Nintendo is rumored to be releasing to have 4K resolution
not gonna happen dude.

you should probably read the post again. I was specifically saying that it will not.

>Nintendo is rumored to be releasing to have 4K resolution

Right, and do you believe the rumors of the NX being VR compatible too?

Me. Mainly because if these false prophets. Every week there seems to be a new rumor, it's tiresome. I know it's my fault to begin with for even following these rumors for a fucking UNANNOUNCED CONSOLE, but when Nintendo finally reveals it it's gonna be more like a sigh of relief than actual hype.

Wow, nevermind, I'm guilty of being unable to read too.

Sorry, too used to seeing overly optimistic fuckboys claiming that the next Nintendo console will be some amazing powerhouse.

no worries, I'm grammatically illiterate. It's tough to discuss ideas when literally half of the community are from 12-15. We should probably only lurk during school hours.

But Wii U Mario Party and Tennis are shit

Wii U was total shit and the 3DS hasn't had anything I've really wanted to play in quite a while, and with the NX being another go at some stupid gimmick I'm ready to drop Nintendo altogether. I'd love for Nintendo to be good and give love to all the IPs we've enjoyed over the years but with all the recent blunders and shit like Color Splash, Federation Force, and #FE I don't see it happening.

its gonna be delayed and the complete lack of info will continue until march 2017 when they will announce a november release

screenshot this

I've never owned a Nintendo system, so I would be completely satisfied if they milked me on virtual console. But it has to have a decent GC and N64 library, at least decen online store/account system, and an actually good physical piece of hardware.

WiiU titles would be a nice bonus, but I guess that's super unlikely.

>But it has to have a decent GC and N64 library, at least decen online store/account system, and an actually good physical piece of hardware

Lol that ain't gonna happen. They are going to go with the cheapest hardware they can fiund and sell it to you at full price.

As someone who watches a lot of films, there is a VERY large difference between a 1080p tv and 4K tv. It's immediately noticeable.

Perhaps you're thinking of 4K vs 8K?

All of these are a factor of distance and screen size.

Like on a 20 inch screen at 15 feet away you're not benefiting from anything over 720p really, even if your eyesight is good, but a 50 incher from 10 feet or less? shit best be at least 4k or it'll look badtimes.

:^)

>that low as fuck stock price when Wii U released, low as Gamecube back in 2003 when Nintendo was in the verge of bankruptcy before the DS and Wii saved them

No wonder why they're developing mobile games now.

Are you retarded?
Wtf is context

Nintendo is a japanese company and follow the japanese model, aka always have 2-3 domains that nearly independantly work for the main company. it's a smaller scale Sony, who has insurances, electronic, movies and games. Nintendo has games, but also toys, "quality of life", and probably trying to push their own multimedia thing soon. so even if they "go mobile", they won't abandon other markets. mobile market is way too unstable, no analyst would advise "full mobile" unless it's an expendable startup

today is the last day for the French leak to become true. After that we are free to hate that fagot forever and put his head near Roger's.

>stocks equals reverence
jesus your a sad little drone the wii made nintendo profitable by targeting non gamers they were not reverent to actual gamers as seen with every good gamer focused games being mostly failures

And what's your point, shitstain?

Nintendo was relevant in the Wii era. They were highly popular.

>you lose because I prove you right you... you DRONE!
this is why you will forever be called "sonyggers". You are obcessed with calling people drones wherever you go.Because clearly, buying the fifabox makes you a rebel like those other 40 millions "bros" of yours.

5 MORE HOURS
H
O
U
R
S

Stop following rumours retards

U N T I L L ?
N
T
I
L
L
?

UNTIL 5 MORE HOURS user

Until french leak was a faggot forever since we should have had info already if he was right in any way. And the best we have is some german shit that is nowhere close to be a reveal.

What would you have them do? Release a shit-tier PC rig with it's own exclusives?

Because that's all SONY and Microsoft's next consoles will be.

At least NX may offer a genuinely interesting alternative.

H Y P E
Y
P
E

>there are actually people who thought Nintendo would kill the hype for their only 2 Xmas titles by releasing info on the NX 6 MONTHS before launch

wewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

They're gonna release info and take preorders on the NX AFTER Pokemon launch and just before Black Friday.

*assuming the launch isn't being delayed bc software delays

But with every day of them building up the mystery, I'm just gonna be more let down when it turns out to not be a ground-breaking innovation.

The hype is practically dead at this point.

>Anybody else losing any sense of hype/hope for the NX

I can't lose something that I didn't have in the first place

The lack of NX news has made me unwilling to buy any WiiU games for fear that superior ports will be on the NX.

Like Tropical Freeze which was my favorite WiiU game but I sold it for some quick cash. Now that it's $20 I really want to buy it again (It costs less than what I sold it for), but I'm almost positive the NX will bring either Tropical Dong: Expand the Dong Edition with portable play or a DKCRHD Remaster Collection.

I love that its going to be flash roms instead of optical media. i fucking hate optical media. Not too exited about the 720p display, if that is true even. NV tegra doesnt sound very exciting either. Curious if this thing will have RGB analog out. Which would make it perfect for emulators. Lets wait and see...

false flag, true fag.

Flash roms are great, but buying digital is just much more convenient, especially if they go region free because US/JP often get games way ahead of Europe.
I hope it comes with good storage options.

How is that falseflagging?

For me it'd have to show clear superiority to the Wii U. That means graphics, game library, online infrastructure, ways of playing and form factor

Source?

his big fat ass

Every new day without news is a new day with more ps4 owners. Nintendo is wasting time here

I want one on launch day still but I'm still bummed out by all the rumors. I stopped caring months ago. I don't want rumors, I want facts.

I doubt TF will get a port. SSB4 and MK8 are the games I'm worried about. There's no reason for ports but rumors exist so I'm scared I'll buy the U version only for a NX port with all the DLC to be announced.

Wii U

SSB4 has ALOT of reason for a port dude. It was a severely expensive and long game to make that did not sell nearly enough on the Wii U, they will want to milk it penny for penny. And that is not mentioning the fact that it has a gargantuan roster and assets that they WILL want to reuse instead of redoing all over again.

MK8 I feel a port is unlikely since 3 to 4 years between new Mario Karts is pretty default time, but Smash is just... if Nintendo doesn't it's a literal waste of money.