What went wrong

It seemed like Level-5 couldn't make a bad JRPG until this came out, what were they thinking?

That game was fun.

They weren't.

Holy shit I remember when I played this with a buddy. We finished it during a 8 hour or so marathon session of gameplay. Fuck it was horrendously bad.

The second one is far superior to the first one.
The multiplayer was the best thing to ever exist in a console game.
The only bad thing was the story,absolutely cliche,close to garbage that undermined the whole experience.

First game was fun as fuck. The main focus was the multiplayer and it shows.

Then they had to fuck it all up in the sequel by ruining balance, making it a horrid grindfest, and adding micro-transactions.

It just seems like the only level 5 game that ages so poorly, what with dependence on online

I liked the revamped version that came with 2.

But Level-5 have never made a good RPG.

>It seemed like Level-5 couldn't make a bad JRPG until this came out

fuck off, rogue galaxy was shit

The multiplayer was fucked up from the word GO when the online quests were poorly paced, since you had to keep ranking up to get new stuff to do but there was a huge gap where you would unlock NOTHING for several ranks, and everyone low rank just kept running the same quest where you run through the desert to fight some boss at the ruins at the end of it, because it was the fastest way to build your rank, but every 2 to 4 times you run that quest in the same session would lead to a system hardlock.

Fuck that game.

They thought they were final fantasy and cloud do serious non cartoony games.

I think the real insult was the fact that yet did a sequel that fixed fucking nothing

Rogue galaxy was all good

Can someone tell me the entire plot of the game? The only thing that intrigued me was that the clothing wear basically made the character into a Knight Mecha

Also did anyone enjoy the fact that "WHITE KNIGHT" has the MC being a "Eternal Tipper" to the princess? I thought that was ironic.

damn son that is some shit taste.

God I remember this fucking desert level...

Honestly I had a lot of fun playing this game and it's multiplayer with a group of people I met in-game. But that level was such a ridiculous pace killer.

Good times. I remember people with decked out hubs. I also remember spending a few dollars to get some bonus i forget. Never played the second but i really enjoyed the first.

Personally im a big fan of level 5
I've owned maybe 4 copies of dark cloud 2 (they kept getting stolen), loved all the dragon quest games, liked rogue legacy, found ni no kuni to be enjoyable and also managed to enjoy dragon quest heroes.

>DQVIII
>DQIX
>Rogue Galaxy
>Ni no Kuni
>Dark Cloud
>Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicle
>Inazuma Eleven
>Jeanne d'Arc
>Crimson Shroud

Not a single one you liked?

Or just shitposting for a (You)?

I enjoyed Crimson Shroud. Had the same composer that did Valkyria Chronicles and Vagrant Story.

Got the true ending too!

They didn't make Rogue Legacy, and the only DQ names they developed were 8 and 9.

I remember seeing this in a gamestop years ago. I looked it up on my phone before I was gonna pay for it just to see that the multiplayer got shutdown. I really felt like I missed out on a good multiplayer game so I skipped out on it.

it's just a chain of simple quests involving simple jrpg problems like monsters invading a region, a town being affected by some mist and so on, so the heroes go look for the source and always find out the same Power Rangers villain being responsible for these problems and get a big monster thrown at you as the boss of each chapter.
the main arc for both games is way too basic. the megazords are meant for chosen rangers since centuries ago and there's been this war against an ancient evil that was cealed (emperor Grazel), so now after several generations the ancient evil has awakened.
the shounen hero discovers the white knight and must keep the princess safe, so along the way the father/master figure old man alongside them reveals to be one of the warriors from ages ago and has seen some shit.
your journey simply comprises of finding all the knights and being friends with all the other chosen people so at the end all of you will join forces to beat him. meanwhile along the journey you'll find the problems I've mentioned, along with a gorillion quests meant for the dead online features.

Thank fuck their new Sony-published JRPG is a new IP and not another WKC.

So many fond memories of WKC 1 multiplayer. I would take photos from various player towns and quests of assorted objects, people or creatures and post little amusing "news stories" related to them as if my character was a reporter traveling this region for the first time. Made a lot of people laugh, broke up the tedium of grinding those early quests.

I wish the online was still functional, I'd re-play it.

Whoops rogue galaxy
Didnt realize they didnt make all the dq

I enjoyed it but the grind was real.

One time in WKC 2 I made my character wear a fedora

you mean Ni No Kuni?
it really feels like DQ8 at times, with all the colorful places, cartoony monsters, orchestrated soundtrack and huge maps
it would have been a classic if it weren't for all the reliance on the dumb AI of your party, also the stupid difficulty curves that forced you to grind not just for your regular stats, but also for some extra tanking when your party screws up

I liked it alot for what it did. I wasnt too nit picky for the combats faults, but i did not like how the created character is tossed aside. That said i liked it alot but hated the sequel

DQ8 is the only half-decent game in that list.

Nah, NNK2 is published by Bamco. They have another thing cookin' under Sony.

I did like the idea that your character in the game wasn't THE hero of the game but the MC's friend.
Feel like they could do more with that

You mean SNACK WORLD or whatever that fucking steaming pile of garbage was?

Wasn't that a mobile game?

We got two of these bland generic games instead of dark cloud 3
We still dont have dark cloud 3.
RIP Level 5

this is for 3DS/mobile
I'm still looking for the sony published stuff he mentioned and can't find anything. NNK is the only sony exclusive thing they've made in years

>The multiplayer was the best thing to ever exist in a console game.
hyperbole much?-

I've had my fix of synthesis, mat farming and ridiculously large maps in Rogue Galaxy.

So did I, in 2007 when i bought it. Dont forget Dark cloud had the town building/georama in it while Rogue galaxy and ni no kuni did not.

When the fuck IS sony going to publish another niche japanese title
Its been so long

by the time I had to do Griffon's courtyard it was some huge boring ass chore. my best memories of that game were from Gundorada

I kind of liked how you just created some random faggot who hides out in the back.

Jeanne D'arc was the fucking shit man. I remember buying it specifically because Level-5 made it and not being disappointing.

The only thing that was bad about it was the awful single-player story, which meant bad reviews and probably scared a lot of people off from a fantastic multiplayer RPG.

SKY FANG

>You are a fucking sidekick to the Hero
>Hero gets all the fame
>Hero gets the romance
>You are almost never referred throughout the story
>The story is bland vanilla garbage
>The hero is bland fucker
>The heroine is a bland fucker
>Everything is bland as fuck
What a fucking waste of potential and cash.

Underage not allowed in here.

Slutting for (you)s, go and get some upvotes on the site you are meant for.

felt bad for my character he didn't even speak and no one acknowledged you.

people acknowledged u in multiplayer

Seemed pretty damn obvious to me that singleplayer was Leonard's story and online was your character's story.

Ni no kuni

>Jeanne D'arc was fucking shit man.
Fixed. There was no reason to care about that game at all outside of it being the first SRPG release on the PSP. The story was retarded, the characters sucked, the gameplay was incredibly shallow and unbalanced, the music was completely forgettable, and the graphics were arse.

I bought it a few months ago, spent a long time making a cute fuccboi and dropped it within an hour, or so of actual gameplay. Pseudo real-time combat with still a ton of menus was just awful.

I should clarify, I bought WKII that comes with a revamped version of the first game.