How hard can it be to make one game? It's been almost 10 years already

How hard can it be to make one game? It's been almost 10 years already.

All the talent in Valve has left after Gabe and his cronies decided to completely change the company into a privatized money making powerhouse.

Basically it will never happen, all their employees don't specialize in making the type of single-player masterpieces anymore. They specialize in making money and gadgets, with a few to update every blue moon.

They have already showed they don't give a flying fuck about HL anymore after completely ruining mods with their HL2 updates.

They should just release something even if it's shit instead of leaving the series in an eternal cliffhanger

shouldn't have bought those tf2 hats

shouldn't have bought those counterstrike skins

shouldn't have even bought counterstrike in the first place

shouldn't have bought all those games you didn't really want to play but got anyways cause they were cheap

If you could not remind me of that pain that would be great thanks

why would they want to make this? Imagine if it bombed, I wouldn't want to make it. Duke nuke'em forever

People would buy and play it even if it sucked.

This. The game has so much expectation put on it that there's no way that it could live to the hype.

The story isn't that interesting anyway.

Just like HL2.

>didn't buy any TF2 hats
>didn't buy any CS skins
>Actually did buy Counterstrike in the first place
>rarely take advantage of sales
>nothing happened anyways

whoopty doo

I'm sure HL3 is in the works. Using Source 2. They need it to be perfect.

who said it's hard, it's too much of an investment when steam gives them plenty of cash

Valve is not gearbox or anyone else. They know how to make games, that's not the problem.
They are also not hyping it, we are.

I don't know why Gabe became scummy over time, but the direction Steam took over time, up until the recent 'you can log into anyone' s account lol" update, convinced me that there's nothing good left here.

That being said, the famous valve company structure, or lack thereof, meant that the games that did come out would be the product of M&A (DOTA team, Turtle Rock, the kids that made portal) rather than Valve staff, because there aren't any deadlines or meetings and eventually there just weren't any more projects, just money.

Fuck the steam link (owned it for an hour, laughed at it for an hour, sent it back with UPS), fuck your proprietary linux distro and shitty fisher price controller, and fuck your $800 pair of ski goggles that costs $200 to make.

>you can log into anyone' s account lol" update

how fucking ignorant can someone be

Valve employee on Reddit already said it's not even in development. Also multiple videos prove that it's not viable to even make given the hype surrounding it. It would effect their market value negatively for a long time if it were underwhelming.

scram gabe no scacks for you here

what the hell is the matter with these companies
if i started off as a developer, then made some crazy fucking minimal effort cash cow like steam or warcraft or ass creed or something, i wouldnt just sit on ass the rest of my damn life doing that, id put all those profits into making my dream game idea into a fucking masterpiece
i mean fuck me, its just fucking pathetic. like they didnt ever care about games in the first place

>Valve employee on Reddit already said it's not even in development
Others have said it is being worked on

>multiple videos prove that it's not viable to even make given the hype surrounding it
No, they posit reasons why it may not be likely. They don't prove anything, they are conjecture.

>It would effect their market value negatively for a long time if it were underwhelming
They're not making shit right now, practically all of their money comes from selling games on Steam. Yeah, that includes their own games, but they make up such a small portion of Steam's total sales. You're an idiot if you think HL3 being bad would actually cause Valve to lose money.

>the post was directed to me, personally, so i must respond to it as if it applied only to myself and then act smug for no good reason