Ace Attorney Thread

DGS edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FQZuu8hAeeA
youtube.com/watch?v=UD2sCdQZ3Ek
youtube.com/watch?v=wCatinRA53k
youtube.com/watch?v=cxFFhUvlRiM
youtube.com/watch?v=F1ut-eTUMrc&index=68&list=PLiBIQyc2l71DxtTsCpRju1F5ZNAqp487c
youtube.com/watch?v=gk7Rfl4rpHo
youtube.com/watch?v=blYCQy2W0PY
youtube.com/watch?v=-L29-dbnY7k
youtube.com/watch?v=yIenrJpjPps
store.steampowered.com/app/306760/
youtube.com/watch?v=6LLCrKLZdlY
youtube.com/watch?v=4FwI5k3rLwc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dgs is shit, soj is god tier

Athena loves

BIG

BLACK

QUILL

Hey so are we gonna turn on SoJ yet or what?

I'll start. Case 2 and 4 had retarded, unrealistic motives.

I wish to have illicit sexual congress with this child.

Jesus, another fucking boring Phoenix clone, fucking another Miles game when?

Tahrust did nothing wrong

>you will never have a wife worth killing yourself in order to protect her

>DGS edition
Yeah great game, the localization is top notch. Can't wait for the secon one!

I'll end it.
Shut up

more like

>Never coming to America edition

Is the vampire guy related to Edgeworth?

Shit game full of shit gimmicks with a shit soundtrack and a completely convoluted story that makes no sense whatsoever. GameExplain was right

>Ahlbi Ur'gaid
>Paht Roll
>Tahrust Inmee
>Beleeb Inmee
The pun game in SoJ is off. Pisslube gets a pass because of how ridiculous his punny name is.

friendly reminder to all aspiring magicians to commit murder and blackmail with no regard for others and YOU too can join the greatest troupe on earth! Inspire the world with your magic!

Betcha I can do this blindfolded

That reminds me, how does Nahyuta take off his rosary without the braid getting in the way?

Oh just don't get yourself injured while doing magic or you're out forever.

>Want to fuck Datz
>Check profile
>He's in his forties
I still want to fuck Datz

>Ryuunosuke is carrying Asougi's sword
>Asougi has his sword in his hand
OBJECTION!

The cases are great when you turn off your brain

The motive in case 4 makes perfect sense.

What is that pose trying to convey?

It's a dragon.

he reminds me of most of you guys for some reason.

Why did GameExplain hate it so much anyway?

After playing the game I don't get it. It's a fantastic game and a huge step up from both AJ and DD.

Does the guy just despise Apollo? I hated AJ but it wasn't anything about the characters, it was their scenario that was shit. This game put Apollo on another plane of excellence but maybe if you always hated Apollo you wouldn't like the game.

Also
>I rolled my eyes at the twist in case 3
Fuck off faggot.

>Case 2
>retarded, unrealistic motive
No fuck you, Gramarye trash deserve worse

>That moment when it was literally supposed to be a prank
I don't think I've ever laughed harder at a moment in ace attorney

I didn't watch that review to avoid spoilers, who was reviewing it? I would be shocked if it was Derrick that said it was shit, he usually thinks all games are good.

I don't want to shit on Ted like this, but after years of watching Brainscratchcomms, he's consistently the one with the most contrarian opinions.

Spite is a very realistic motive. Not -smart-, but definitely realistic.

The reviewer is a Phoenix babby that is mad he got tricked into playing an Apollo game

>An'on Im'us
>Datz Are'bal
>Reel Na'mu

That's the spirit! Make sure not to handle any safety measures either!

youtube.com/watch?v=FQZuu8hAeeA
>Start grilling some fuckbag
>This music starts playing

How the fuck does Phoenix ever beat Edgeworth is this is how he investigates outside of court?

It wasn't Derrick

Case 4 is very japanese so it's hard to understand, in there having your father give his title to someone else sullies your name forever

What's unrealistic about revenge?
On the other hand, the fact that the villain's plan worked almost perfectly is kinda bullshit.

I think that a Presto of cross-exam should be introduced in the main series too

Because Edgeworth spent half his career trying his damndest to get everyone convicted regardless of what the truth was.

The other half of his career he relies on Nick to arrive at the correct conclusion and find an elusive murderer when he "prosecutes" someone with trumped-up charges.

They should have had Blackquill the ultra-weeb spell it out in great big neon letters.

It's ok, everyone does.

Because Nick usually has the truth on his side.

Scratch that, even Edgeworth's gimmick has the best music: youtube.com/watch?v=UD2sCdQZ3Ek

Just finished Case 4.

What the fuck was his problem?

I think it might be his eyebrows.

WHAT TIME IS IT?

Didn't know how to talk to his pupils.

seriously, He would still be alive if He was upfront with Geiru.

He's a huge asshole

Apollo's character is a mess. Apollofags keep telling me he's a good character now and is better than Phoenix, but all I see is a mary sue who keeps stealing the spotlight and gets a freshly retconned past every game.

I'm not so sure it's a good idea.
AAI Allegros seem to suffer as a result.

I'll admit, it's kind of annoying how they keep adding shit to his past with each game.

>freshly retconned

The only thing that has been contradicted since AJ is that his father didn't die on stage.

>Reus hurts himself during an accident
>Magnifi tells him to fuck off eternally

>Zak shoots Magnifi's daughter in the face and leaves her blind
>Magnifi makes him the heir to the Gramarye legacy

What kind of fucked up troupe is this?

>Mary Sue
As I recall, he struggled heavily in his own game having to rely on help from Phoenix or Trucy all the time.

Magnifi is a monster

>mary sue
People keep on using this without knowing what it means

I should clarify that they add obvious random shit to his past with each game.

>I'M FINE

>in PW: Asinine Attorney, the bad ending is Phoenix going back to being a hobo over losing a fake trial and thinking Rayfa will be kidnapped by a terrorist who is in fact a bailiff
>in AJ: Asinine Attorney, the bad ending is Apollo getting slaved for free by Gatewater Hotel after he's unable to convince Rayfa to recommend tourism in America and profits tank
It's always Rayfa's fault.

>mary sue
But he is literally everyone's favorite punching bag now that Phoenix has "matured"
>retconned past
While they probably hadn't thought of the whole Clay and Khurain thing in his debut game, none of what we have learned contradicts anything in AJ.
Besides, I could make the same argument for Phoenix in T&T
>spotlight stealing
Give Polly a break, this is basically the one and only game where he is the true protagonist

But he did, he was playing music for the royals of Khura'in. That's a stage.

Well, he didn't know who actually made the mistake.
Also, again, he basically made Zak and Valant into his slaves over it.

He's fucking Magnifi 2.0.
>If I make her twist balloons and hate her fucking life for 12 years then cuck her out of the title, she'll eventually move on!
FUCK Shisho
Geiru did nothing wrong

I agree that I'M FINE and muh friend outta nowhere were terrible.

Nigga we see his last moments, he was holding a baby and watching someone collapsed at a dinner table.

Everyone keeps saying Apollo's past is retconned but fucking nothing contradicts what we know about him in AJ. Hell, this game brings up his hanging plot threads a lot more than DD did. Do people just not know what the term retcon means?

It's no different than T&T going "oh btw Nick devoted a large swath of his college life to a woman we've never heard of before and also was accused of murder and saved by Mia and that's why he joined her law firm"

>Nigga we see his last moments, he was holding a baby and watching someone collapsed at a dinner table.
the fire had already started at that point, the reason he was there at all was to perform music

He tried to escape from the burning building where he was playing. Yeah, he technically didn't die "on stage", but it's such a minor revision I wouldn't even call it a retcon.

The kind that fucks everyone and everything up, even those that are barely associated with them. Magnifi is a serious piece of shit.

>It's no different than T&T going "oh btw Nick devoted a large swath of his college life to a woman we've never heard of before and also was accused of murder and saved by Mia and that's why he joined her law firm"
"oh i forgot to tell you that she's also her cousin and had a twin sister"

>Give Polly a break, this is basically the one and only game where he is the true protagonist

This. While I don't like him as much as Phoenix or Athena, I appreciate his role in this game and thought it was a decent send-off for his character.

I could see him making minor appearances in the later games like what they did with Edgeworth in this game, but beyond that this is probably the end of his story.

>Apollo somehow manage to solve every spirit-channeling relate mysteries in case 5 before Phoenix does

how the fuck ?

he never even dealt with any spirit channeling stuff before he met Maya in case 5

>inb4 he lived in Khura'in the country of spirit since he was a kid.

only person in the kingdom that could channel spirit is the queen and i bet Apollo never met her or see her do it in action.

Meanwhile, Phoenix got tons of first-hand experience with Maya and solved Bridge to Turnabout which is pretty much ultimate spirit channel case

also Case 4 motive is fuking retard. Rayfa is only good thing came out of SoJ. she's cute

>excited as hell about Apollo vs Phoenix trial
>turns out it's a "he-was-forced-to-do-it-by-the-bad-guy-so-he-wasn't-at-his-best"

That was kind of a disappointment, Phoenix didn't even seem that dangerous of an opponent, wish he had pulled out his AA4's manipulative persona.

He was a weirdo with some issues giving shit to people straight.

He hasn't learned about his sister and mother yet.

Though I honestly can't really see how they could build an entire game around that, unless his mom got murdered.

>let me commit suicide and blame Valant because he's a faggot
Reminder that Trucy worships this fucking turd.

Never mind this, what the fuck was EVERYONE's problem at the end of Case 4?

>Geiru wants to be a rakugo performer and inheirit her father's stage name
>Has no talent for it
>Instead of helping her work hard and hone her craft, make Geiru do something she fucking hated for 12 years and never once express to her that she should find her own path in life
>Also steals the deed to Whet Noodle cuz its just a prank bro
>Give the Uendo name to a junior disciple while still making Geiru do shit balloon art
>but gonna make her some Udon that'll show her what I really mean
>Uendo then tries to blame Bucky just because
and then
>Once Geiru is convicted, Simon and Athena call her an idiot for not understanding MUH COMPLEX MOTIVES and then Athena sends her a bowl of Udon to remind her "you killed a guy that really cared for you!!!1"

Case 4 was fun and I enjoyed it, but what the fuck man.

They describe him as being kind of odd if I remember correctly. Should have been more upfront with people. Also I totally understand why Geiru flipped out.

Well he didn't have all the answers for the case, and he wasn't even given a full deck. All he could do was use what he had available to him, which honestly wasn't a whole lot.

Rayfa is for ______

It was ridiculously disappointing when we found out it was just fucking Maya's fault for Phoenix doing this.

I honestly thought Phoenix was doing all this just to test Apollo and prove to him that he really is a full-fledged lawyer.

armpit licking

I don't get what you're saying, but I want to fuck that loli.

a spot in the regular cast! ;_;

Bullying.

Adopting.

Even so he brought it pretty hard with a very limited amount of information and managed to convince a shut-in to testify against you. Apollo pretty much had a bunch of obvious truths on his side so Nick was fighting a hopeless battle.

That being said, when he shit on Apollo and turned it into a murder trial and his Objection theme started playing, my dick became diamonds.

*ka-tonk*

Oh please user, as if Nick of all people hasn't ever managed to pull a win with odds that were even more stacked against his favor

Ascended Bullying

How old is the drinking age in Japanifornia? Cause this nigga is walking into a court of law when he's drunk off his ass at 20.

Uendo rearranged the crime scene because Geiru blamed Owen, at first. With how fucked the courts are, he didn't want to take his chances.

Athena sent those noodles to Geiru to remond her she still has friends that will help her through her sentence.

Simon was probably just fucking with Athena about the whole COMPLEX motives business.

Probably 18 like the rest of the world

Simon and Uendo both said being straight with people "wasn't like him."

It's hard not to feel like he deserved what he got

Yeah, I think if they're going to work Thalassa into a major role it'll be focused around Trucy more then anything.

Hopefully they don't kill her off, that cliche's been literally done to death.

But he always had the truth on his side when he won. He didn't this time. Also, Polly had an abnormally large amount of ammo in that case. It was as if Polly had an entire arsenal on his side (which he wasn't initially aware of, mind you) while all Nick had was a couple blanks.

Seriously, in just the first ten minutes of the trial, pretty much all the evidence was stacked against him. But he still kept bluffing and managed to turn the whole thing around a couple times.

I find it hard to believe that neither Taifu nor Geiru ever told Uendo that Owen was a fucking 5 year old child. Just kind of silly considering Athena, Nahyuta, and the judge all dismiss him as a suspect immediately.

I thought Japan has a low drinking age.

I don't think Trucy knows the full extent of how awful everyone was and how hard they fucked over everyone directly and indirectly. Valant was a fucking cunt too.

Smug.

>The one AA actually set in England
>Doesn't get a Western localization
W E W
Eat your burgers.

>They kill Trucy off instead

To be honest from the trailer I was expecting something like a clash of ideals, Phoenix helping Rayfa (the monarchy) and Apollo helping Dhurke (the rebellion). Of course eventually it would have turned out that the rebels were right all along, but I really wanted to see Phoenix as an adversary fighting with all he's got.
Instead we got this Trump-wannabe blackmail shit.

Well she's lived with Nick for eight years. She probably thinks most adults are like him.

Anyone got those ace attorney tier list games?

Murdering Thalassa would be a complete waste considering both Trucy and Apollo have had their fathers already fucking murdered and were raised by two great men, while never knowing her.

I'm sure they'd try to tug at the heartstrings but why the fuck should Trucy and Apollo care? Nick raised Trucy solo (with Pearls as a big sister) and Apollo had Dhurke and Nahyuta to grow up with.

It'd just be retreading ground with both of them.

This is one reason why I think this plot thread has hung around so long. How the fuck do you introduce it without forcing them into some big drama? It really should have been at the end of AJ.

Nick would never help a monarchy with such a retarded justice system.

But maybe he'd get involved to protect Rayfa or something.

HI I'M PENN AND THIS IS MY PARTNER TELLER

Dude, spoilers.

Dickings.

Case 4 motive is hardly the most retarded thing ever.

You waste 12 years of your life doing something you hate just trying to make you father proud and then you master fucks you up, the same master that said for you to do that 12 years thing.

>is your penis erect?

The first case is now spoilers?

It's been a long time since I've played AJ but iirc the only shit she knows for sure is that her Father ran out and she never knew her mother.

She's fucking blessed to have grown up with Nick and his cohorts. No wonder she believes the best of Troupe Gramarye. Even Valant and Thalassa are assholes

They just gotta get to it before Apollo ends up fucking Trucy.

Was this any good? I love PW, but PL always felt like a chore to me. Although maybe that's because I tried to play all the PLs over a week.

My theory is that they'll have it all revealed to them off-screen, so at the start of AA7, things are kind of awkward between everyone at the start.

And I guess it'll culminate in Nick asking Trucy what she wants to do. Whether she wants to go with Thalassa or stay with him. Whatever she chooses, he'll support her all the way. That sort of thing.

The first case is called The English Turnabout.

Also happens to be the only assault case in the series.

>SURPRISE! YOU'RE SIBLINGS!

man, why did Gigi have to be such a cunt.

Layton and Nick both start out in London anyway, Nick has a full trial there

It's a Layton game with AA cases thrown in. Great if you like both series, good if you only like AA.

If you ask for my personal opinion, it's one of my all time favorite games. Even above T&T.

Yea it's completely understandable for her to flip her shit. Basically a slap in the face.

>And I guess it'll culminate in Nick asking Trucy what she wants to do. Whether she wants to go with Thalassa or stay with him. Whatever she chooses, he'll support her all the way. That sort of thing.
I was happy with Apollo's choice in this game, but it wouldn't feel right for Trucy to leave Phoenix. When the truth is finally revealed, I want her to stay with her daddy and visit mama occasionally.

Nope, they're at 20. But considering localized Ace Attorney takes place in Los Angeles, I'm surprised they didn't bump Bucky's age up one year.

Turnabout Graduation with Trucy graduating and a murder at the ceremony?

If that happened and Trucy left I think I'd throw my DS into a wall. Nick already gets shit on with the Zak altar and Trucy going on and on about her real family and how great they are.

She hates the fuck out of both DD and SoJ while praising Apollo Justice until the end of time, too.

You can love Apollo and Trucy and still recognize that game is a complete fucking mess.

The PL puzzles are babby tier. The story is still standard Layton retarded though.

I really enjoyed the aesthetics, music, multi-witness drifting, and Based Barnham.

It's fun. Not the best game, but good.

He's been drinking grape juice, obviously.

I guess Japinfornia also adopted Japan's legal drinking age.

Nah, that wouldn't be right either.

I think Trucy will leave Nick to be with Thalassa for a while, catch up on lost time. Maybe they'll stay with Polly in Khura'in. But Trucy would smile with tears in her eyes and tell him that she'll be back soon. Because no matter what, she's Phoenix Wright's daughter, Trucy Wright.

Funnily enough Nick's grape juice is actually the same in Japanese.

>Thalassa lives with Nick so Trucy doesn't have to choose

dumb frogposter

Apollo's all the way out of reach in Khura'in, so it's alight for now. Unless she decides to visit him and "catch up on old times" as she suggested during the epilogue

Just finished

How did this not ended up being Apollo's game?
If they replaced Pheonix with Apollo to go to Kur'ain, then the story and characters would've made more sense for the end credits and final case
>Apollo firsts enters Kur'ain
>Shows everyone how a lawyer should be from his teachings from Pheonix
>Becomes buddies with everyone
>All Kur'ain buddies work with him in his new office

it would've made more sense to do this and wrap up Apollo's character better than shoehorning him in the end

is the dlc case worth playing?

Why is Trucy not getting the hint that the magical troupe were assholes?

Is she just going through the DINDU NUFFIN phase or are the devs just sweeping this under the rug?

>those hints at Gumshoe
>DLC case has Ema working with Edgeworth, ruining the perfect classic reunion
I WANT GUMMY

Nice.

I think she probably knows to some extent. That's probably why she's happy to stay with Nick rather than being with the troupe.

It wouldn't have been as marketable, some people just can't let Phoenix go.
Does anyone know how popular is Apollo in Japan?

>Is she just going through the DINDU NUFFIN phase or are the devs just sweeping this under the rug?
They're not, 6-2 keeps reiterating all the Gramaryes were criminal assholes. It's simply unfair to lump Trucy in with them, and it's not her fault they were assholes either, so what she cares about is that they were good magicians. She never tries to argue Magnifi was a good person in general.

>Does anyone know how popular is Apollo in Japan?
Currently second place behind Phoenix and ahead of Edgeworth.

bonny best waifu

Post the webm

There's also the fact that explaining why all the troupe members are such assholes would've taken too much time and ultimately wasn't necessary for this game.

Help, I feel like kissing my computer screen.

I think this is a good opportunity for AA7 to give greater focus to Nick and Trucy's relationship. I've always felt that it needed some fleshing out.

I dont have it :(

just finished case 2

I want to fuck Ahlbi.

Pearl please.

Either Nick will be like a father to Athena or he'll be her sugar daddy.

such bullshit
because of pheonixfags Apollo's game didn't feel like it was his own

hopefully next game will have Athena and Simon wacky adventures, we need more of that chemistry from case 4

Well I guess they won't be scrapping him anytime soon then.
Good.

I hope this aint the end of apollo cases though.
im really hoping for spin off potential AJ titles again.
Maybe bring back trucy as partner character when visting apollo for few months.
or alhbi sinse i see some potential in his character.

Like holy shit apollo already has a full lovable cast o characters for his spin off.

I like Apollo after this game too dude but Phoenix has the entire weight of the trilogy behind him, let alone how good he's been since then.

Capcom fucking Takumi over doesn't excuse him from making a clusterfuck of a game, you can clearly have an Apollo-focused game with Nick still in it and make it good.

She tries to argue that the reason Magnifi kicked out Reus of the group was because of his releationship with magic which is ridiculous

This is coming from the man that blackmailed two of his crew into working for him forever.

He is literally the worst example of someone you should emulate when it comes to his releationship with magic

I agree with the spoiler. I'd also like a case with Phoenix and Trucy, unless they decide to go full nostalgia and have Maya become the assistant again (although it wouldn't make much sense now that she's the master of Kurain).

>Athena and Simon wacky adventures
I'm all for this, but how would that work?
Simon can't be her co-counsel all the time, doesn't he have a job as a prosecutor?

It was honestly really nice having Simon calling her out repeatedly for being incompetent lel.

Does Trucy know what an awful piece of shit Magnifi was?

i can see maya being assistant for 1 case. like shes taking an outting from the village for a bit.
i mean she been gone for 2 years i doubt the village would crumble without her.

Does she even know about the 'Magnifi blackmailed Zak and Valant' part? Wasn't she outside the courtroom during the case where Phoenix was disbarred? Only Phoenix could've told her afterwards, but maybe he didn't see the need to.

We need Miles Edgeworth Investigations 3, which has Gavin, Blackquill, and Nahyuta all working alongside with him.

It would be really cool if Edgeworth became someone Blackquill really respected and talked well too since theres no one he does that to really at this point.

Then we could have Gavin and Edgeworth and Gavin would always rock out and stuff and Edgeworth would yell NGHOOOOOOH and stuff.

And then Edgeworth and Nahyuta could work together in Khu'rain and Edgeworth would learn how to use the seances against the accused, because the prosecution ALWAYS gets to see the seance before the trial.

PLEASE CAPCOM MAKE IT HAPPEN WE NEED EDGEWORTH

yeah she does. she was there with apollo.

Shenanigans happen, he ends up disbarred unfairly, he gives zero shits and becomes a private investigator/legal consultant to keep doing his thing.

Is it just me or is Athena a lot less competent than she used to be? Like holy shit, she needed Simon to spoonfeed her every five minutes in 6-4, while I remember her pulling her own weight in DD.

Honestly I don't know how they could top Investigations 2. That is the perfect Edgeworth game.

Might be tied to the inevitable new prosecutor whom Athena would face. Not the worst idea I've heard.

Not the real heir to the kingdom.

i envy bonnies hands very much right now.

That's lame. Besides, the court still need Blackquill. If he got disbarred, it might cause another Dark Age of Law. There aren't enough decent young Prosecutors. Edgeworth even had to do a full evaluation of every single member of the Prosecutor's Office.

Simon and Athena are just the straight version of Edgeworth and Phoenix

>I remember her pulling her own weight in DD
Eh, she completely shut down in both the cases where she was playable. She got a grip in 5-3 but it wasn't too different from 6-4 in that regard, and her lowest point was lower.

Yes, and there's only like 5 prosecutors now since Edgeworth shitcanned everyone, but clearly Simon doesn't give a single shit and does what he wants. Which he did as a prisoner too.

She's still competent when the chips are down but she had Apollo and Nick as her co-council in AA5. She definitely felt less competent this time but she was completely alone and Nahyuta is a veteran.

I think it was moreso trying to bridge a gap to AA7, I feel like that game is going to be Athena coming into her own, or at least trying to.

please don't hurt me o great one!

you mean in 5-3?
hah play it again apollo literally spoonfed just as much other than when athena had her nonsensical ideas that somehow worked out.
the statue shit was stupid man.

There's also the fact that 5-3 was personal to her as she had to defend her childhood friend Juniper while in this case instead she was pulled in last minute without having the chance to perform an investigations and doesn't personjally know any of the people involved.

So it's also a matter of involvement and preparation

oooh..... y-you......

*ka-tonk*

delete this at once you.... nincompoop!

Simon is way more snarky than Edge

He is the snark master.

? I don't think we could have a more legitimate heir.
Friendly reminder that males can't rule in Khura'in.

Based

She's not quite the genius at law that Nick is, and she's been through more trauma than Polly.

Plus, Polly wasn't much better in his first couple trials. Almost the entire first game was Nick spoonfeeding him and Trucy was always calm and collected so he had a strong pillar of support.

well maybe they could if they were to get spiritual power from the holy mother.

Simon bullies Athena way harder than anyone bullied Nick. And it's amazing.

Edgeworth at least tried to give the air of having his shit together when we all know he's a goofy bastard. Simon just doesn't give a fuck.

What excuse will they have for him returning in AA7 after he got kicked out of the Prosecutor's office?

I want to violate Rayfa's royal anus with my lowly peasant dick while she insults my breeding.

They'll just bring Winston back, except this time he's Punished Winston

He'll wear a silly disguise and try to pass himself off as someone else by using a fake name.

depends what kinda of gimmick we will get in AA7

AA6 was supposed to be "underground court" instead of "foreign court" so if they decided to go with that setting they can make him having to work in said court to survive because he was kicked out of everywhere

Hes the new prosecutors adopted father.
so he just assists her. while taking over very quickly in the case.

By the way, do we have any idea how well AA6 sold?

In the West? Not yet. In Japan it did about 250k IIRC. Maybe slightly less, but I'm sure it was above 200 last time I checked.

not bad for japan.

What is everyones favorite breakdown?

just finished AA1 again, this one is near the top of my favorites.

youtube.com/watch?v=wCatinRA53k

also is there a tier list?

What would her name be? It would obviously have to end in payne.

He'll call himself Khura'in Payne.

On the UK eShop, it's top of the Recent Bestsellers software charts, so there's that.

I don't get why the localization can't just say it's about Phoenix's ancestor from Japan.

It's not improbable Phoenix could have Japanese lineage since it's established California is overrun by a Japanese population.

Ryunosuke's name could even be changed to something like...idk Suzaku Tadashi.
(Suzaku is the Japanese name of a legendary bird and Tadashi means "correct" or "that's right" ....I think)
Or keep the name "Wright" and say his father is English or something.

I have no idea what DGS is about so I have no idea what the characters backstory is.

Silly user, don't tell me you believe those old fairy tales!

Either Edgeworth will have some arbitary change of heart and give him another chance or it's time to introduce another member of the Payne family tree

It's not a matter of localization. They just fear it won't sell enough without Phoenix's name on it.

It'll be his son or nephew

>Either Edgeworth will have some arbitary change of heart
Gaspen bribes him with Steel Samurai merchandising.

A female Payne. Maybe even competent for a change.

Its amazing how his hair and beard made him look like a totally different person. Was that his real hair or just a disguise?

It was a disguise

>Khura'in Payne
FUCK

Maxxi Payne
nicknamed Max.

Philda.

khristope gavin is nothing but satisfying.

Dolores Payne.

Ima.

BLASPHEMY!

I hope the next rival prosecutor is an asshole through and through.

Having them as friends by the end is nice, but i want one who just antagonizes the WAA crew through out the entire game.

Still think he and Winston should try teaming up to take down the Defence, and cause chaos when they start objecting to each others' statements.

>Gaspen tries putting the screws on a witness
>Winston objects and has to remind his younger accomplice that a prosecutor must be a genteel-man after all
>Phoenix's eardrums burst from constant shrill objections

Headpatting. And throwing money at when she does the dance of devotion.

FUCKING CARLOS

So I just finished case 3 and I'm just wondering why didn't they show a recording of the microphone? The bailiff went to get it but he never came back.

Or did I just forget that it happened?

i dunno i kinda want a meek prosecutor who is socially awkward.

>uhhh objection.....
but then shes really fucking good at making arguments n shit.

I'm surprised the localization didn't just change it to 21

So now that Polly's gone, maybe Nick will give Athena a bit of attention for once. Honestly, he has all these cute daughters and he only pays attention to the eldest son.

eldest son's are generally the most important.

im hoping for the revival of AJ spin off games that are actually good.

Let's see, we've had:
Asshole
Asshole
Asshole
Nice
Asshole
Asshole

Nah, next I'd rather have a nice and fair, albeit still competent prosecutor. Make them an old friend of the protagonists and it could lead to some interesting banter in the courtroom. I'm sick of the usual insults.

>make it an old friend
nah.

Klavier was one of the reasons Polly had it so easy.

>Old friend
Just about all of the prosecutors have a connection to the protagonists in one form or another. I think it'd be neat to have someone who is a legit stranger.

None of them were exactly "friendly" though, at least not until the end.

I want an AAI3 where in one of the cases, Larry is Edgeworth's partner and Edgeworth is constantly on the verge of killing himself. And then when Gums hoe comes back, Edgeworth immediately gives him a raise, just for not being Larry.

well clearly, the only option left is to have a Mirrior Image of Phoenix Wright.

This, but also have a case where Phoenix fills in for Edgeworth, like 3-5 but reversed.

They'd have to be really well written to be still interesting as a completely unrelated character. Also it's AA, it's literally impossible for the prosecutor to have no personal connection to at least one case of the game.

That might be cool.

Heres a shitty pitch for AA7

Phoenix Wright and Athena faces Court-Martial, a court where feelings are disregarded. Most of your clients and suspects are people pushed way their breaking point in the line of duty. Rival Prosecutor is a giang bulking man with distant eyes. Moves almost like a robot, precise and direct during his trials. When he tries to joke around its a very very dry humour. Not a particularly mean dude, but very, very, very VERY serious. Disregards almost entirely Athena and her psychology shit. When Athena first meets him and tries to use the mood matrix she can only capture a constant droning sound.

Eventually learn that feelings are important after all and asks Athena to realize one of her typical therapy sessons or whatever new gimmick the team can think.

It's cliche to say, but all of the game-enders have been good. 2-4s is probably impossible to beat.

If I don't take the easy way out, I'd say White in 1-2 is one of the best because of how much you fight for it.

I'd also say Alba's mid-case breakdown in AAI1 is amazing. In general, the way AAI1's Confess the Truth kicks in during a breakdown is satisfying as fuck.

Here's their introduction.

>Bonny's cute as a button
>Betty's leg action

Perfection in magic bunny form.

I just started Case 4 and looks fucking horrible so far

Is it bad?

It was shitty when you first pitched it and it is still shitty now.

It's okay, Blackquill salvages it as does Uendo.

Make Athena the protag and somehow have Simon show up as an assistant or as some sort of viable asset and I'm sold

Do you have webms of the breakdowns?

Klavier taking it so easy on Apollo is one of the main reasons why AJ is shit. He basically walks you through it. If you're not fighting an uphill battle against someone who really wants to convict your client there isn't a sense of danger when you get cornered.

Blackquill was snarky but he was also hyper competent and was a huge step up especially considering he never told the witnesses to lie or covered shit up, made you walk into traps, but knew when the truth was undeniable. Nahyuta is a great character but not a great prosecutor.

Every Edgeworth-takes-over segment is basically what you're looking for.

Fucking Capcom you had one job now Carlos is trying to steal your job

Hot office romances are one of my kinks.

Athena's too old for him. Maybe to rookie Nick who took in a 17 year old Maya but not anymore. Veteran Nick is looking at that prime 15 and younger range.

>literally tricks Rayfa into following him around in case 3

you know she took the Nick Dick

Just how fit is Bonny if she can lift her twin sister like that?

It's giving me lewd thoughts for some reason...

Athena was a mistake

Is
>prosecutor in the center
>sad girl looking down and off to the side
basically the template for every final case in the series?

The only exception is 1-4, where Edgeworth would be the sad girl

I have a gif of Bonnie bouncing

Just beat the game. What a fucking ride. It's up there with AA3 and AAI2 for being one of the best in the series. Definitely a step below those two, but still up there. I was on the verge of being fucking pissed that they did a case involving Apollo's father and not mentioned Lamiroir at all, but hat fucking tease and the end solidified this game as being one of the best in the series.

What's the general conscious here so far?

Yes because if the game is going to make me care about a new prosecutor every time they better have a fucking awesome arc culminating at the end or make them come back and kick ass like Blackquill

>phoenix babbies thinking they've been tricked into playing a game about Apollo when his name is right there in the fucking title

Athena might be a shit MC but as a supporting character she's great, has dank bantz with Apollo, and nicely fills the sporty-girl archetype in the AA harem roster. Speed readers will say that she shits on Apollo too much, but Apollo also wrecks her a lot too. She's one of the rare assistants where both of you talk as if you're equals, instead of the other being super cute and lovable while everyone else treats you like trash. Reminds me of oldschool Maya and Nick, where both of them are awkward underdogs to society at large.

I could see the story revolving around how Edgeworh became a chief prosecutor.

>Trucy, I'd like you to meet your new mommy
>Daddy, you finally asked Ma-
Then Widget busts out laughing

Who the fuck would be mad with how things turned out? I like Phoenix alot but now I see Apollo with new eyes

I just started case 5 and this game is easily one of the best in the series, up there with AA1, AA3 and AAI2.

>IGN review says Case 3 is the longest and takes 6 hours
I know it's IGN, but whoever reviewed as to be retarded to think that case took anywhere near 6 hours to beat, it's the best flowing case in the game so far.

Truly aside, do you think anyone ever accidentally called Nick "dad"?

I'm a fullblown Phoenix fag and I loved SoJ, I think most would agree that Nick is meant to be a mentor and a boss taking only the biggest cases now. while letting the others shine more.

This is the game Apollo fucking deserved, not AA4. 6-2 and 6-5 made me care more about Apollo and Trucy than anything in that game.

>I just started case 5 and this game is easily one of the best in the series, up there with AA1, AA3 and AAI2.
Nigga you haven't seen shit. The game hasn't even fucking begun.

>IGN review says Case 3 is the longest and takes 6 hours
IGN is fucking retarded. Case 5 is the longest in the game by far, might be one of the longest cases in the series.

>you will never know the complex feel of realizing you're being channeled by your wife who you never reconciled with

Nick should only take on cases that have everyone else stumped.

>You're...
>Freakin'....
>INSAAAAAANNNNEEEE

>Apollo and Trucy STILL don't know they're related
It's funny because in the end it was a Gramarye that took down Reus

>Spirit of Justice
>JUSTICE
>final case involves Apollo's case being aided by his two dead fathers

title makes perfect sense in retrospect tbqh famicom

Don't forget his currently living dad!

Sometimes I wonder why the DGS series isn't a Sherlock Holmes game

If Apollofags aren't satisfied with AA6 they'll never be fucking happy. This was an incredible game for him.

Fuck gigi dg

Don't mix Apollo with that criminal bunch.

Because Sherlock is the detective, like Gumshoe, Fullbright, and Ema. This game is about lawyers.

I'll never understand when people pick AJ over DD.

>Polly accidentally calls Nick "dad"
>Gets embarrassed
>Trucy says it would be nice if Polly was her brother and suggests he get adopted by Nick to make it official
>Nick wants to say something but he can't...

OST for this one out yet?

His third brother Roland Payne

Gigi thinks highly of GK2, if anything

well, that would be extra weird if Apollo got caught with his adopted-but-actually-half-sister in the broom closet.

Maya in bed
Pearl in general since he and Maya are basically her parents
He calls Edgeworth dad

Apollo is safe, away from Trucy, and being looked after this semen demon. He'll be fine.

>tfw Datz is a spiderbro
Solidified him as the best character in the game desu

God, when was the last time Nick got laid, anyway?

So how was everyone's reaction when the judge said Phoenix name in the first case of AJ? How did you even react when he said he had a fucking daughter?

People do that?
I mean, DD is by no means one of the best, but I remember the bracelet mechanic in AJ being the fucking worst in some places.

If AAI2 got localized and Capcom didn't use the fan translation for the localization, going by AA6's levels of name puns, what would the character's localized names be?

>WHO
>WHO'S THE MOTHER
>SHE HAS BROWN HAIR HOLY SHIT IS IT EMA THAT SKANK

No one's getting laid.

Really surprised Maya didn't have that large of a role in the game. Figured if they were advertising her on the box she would've been a major character, but she basically fucks off after Case 3.

I suppose it sets up AA7 pretty well now since she's returned to the US.

>he thinks Athena didn't take the Blackquill dick after 6-4
She's literally at his beck and call

P-Pohlkunkaaaaaaaa!

God Nick is one handsome motherfucker. It's kind of amazing how none of the girls he's met over the games developed any sort of crush on him.

I want Bonny to bounce on my dick!

This judge was based as fuck, I love that they gave him a spine
>stands up for you when everything is going to shit in the very first case
>tells Rayfa to fuck off, her insights are wrong
>"My faith is as strong as ever but I must do my due dilligence"
my fucking nigger

Blackquill would never touch his late master's treasure like that. He is an honorable samurai.

BANZAI

Plus Apollo, he basically saved Trucy's life; no autograph requests from her fans, no date offers.

Trucy didn't even touch him.

>she basically fucks off after Case 3.
>

Chop chop

Literally every rival prosecutor that's been introduced in the series is a veteran in one way or another. Yes, even Godot because no matter how shitty a prosecutor he was, he was still a good defense attorney. What we haven't had is a rookie prosecutor. It'd make a nice dynamic for a prosecutors first case to be against WAA and to see them get more competent as the game goes on. At least in my opinion.

>You will never convince her that you can increase the her bust size with massages

Trucy's pure.

It would explain why they would be practically a pushover in the first few cases. Later on they start to have a better relationship with the detective and catch on to things quicker.

None of them hate him though. You can see that he was a big influence in some of them and Ema is proof of that. She looks at Phoenix like an older brother

>Character is a cute little 14 year old girl
>Let's give her a 26 year old's voice.

Ichiyanagi?

She has a minor role in 6-5 but that's it. I figured by the way they were advertising her return she would be central to the game's plot but that wasn't the case.

Not with what she carries in her purse. I say it's a skeleton.

Yeah, but none of them exactly want his "attorney's badge" if you catch my drift. Meanwhile, Juniper can't stop thinking about Polly.

Same. Her return had little to no fanfare. I guess this was her last hoo-rah, just to give us a case with Nick and Maya behind the defense's podium.

>Haw'kohd Dis'nahm Bi'ahni Lawga Ormo Pohmpus Da'nit Ar'edi Iz

Who?

So what is the deal with DGS? Why does the relative of Phoenix have a sword? Is the girl next to him Wright's great Grandma or something?

It's a picture of Polly and Klavier kissing that she commissioned Vera to draw.

Do you even know what a retcon is? Here i'll show how dumb you people are:

Dahlia and muh girlfriend outta nowhere where terrible just because they were not mentioned from day one

Edgeworth gave him his badge back AND got a private plane and personally went there to be with him and investigate in 6-5, and also the (canon) europe trip they took together and Trucy mysteriously being so fond of Edgeworth
If they're not a severe case of two daddies then I don't know what it is

Unrequited love.

Because YAMATO DAMASHII NIPPON BANZAI it's a memento of his friend who dies in a stupid way i am still mad about
Also not sure but most likely. DGS ends in a cliffhanger so they don't get together or anything.

>this is the mind of a fujo

>Maya is already 28

Shouldn't she be thinking about the making the next head of her village soon?

>tfw AA6 actually delivered and turned out to be best games in the series

after MGSV and Zero Escape 3 ended up huge fucking disappointments I needed this.

>Maya outlived Mia
wew lad

>best game
No, second best, not including the spin-offs

nigger did you even beat the game? it ends with her returning to the village and becoming the master

t. Someone who haven't played AAI2

Is Gaspen even a real name?

That's what Pearly is for.

Not a mainline game

Really? I always thought Mia was over 30.

How stupid was it?

QUICK, POST YOUR FAVORITE BREAKDOWN IN THE ENTIRE SERIES

MINE IS PIC RELATED

yes but the next master has to be her daughter
>Branch family nobody

Nah

More like common fucking sense, fuck Phoenix hoarding orphans doesn't help at all

>spin offs.

you missed "making"

He clearly means she needs to let Nick put a baby in her oven. Fey women don't enjoy nice long lives.

keep telling yourself that m8.

Maya is the law, and if she wants to erect a golden statue in Pearly's image, it will happen.

Don't worry that's what AA7 will be for.

Don't forget Edgeworth saying Nick always makes him go to Trucy's magic shows

That being said Maya just needs to take the Phoenix cock so she can birth the true lawyer / spirit medium and fulfill Mia's lost destiny

t. Irisfag/Mayafag

Was he the one killed by the knife thrown out the window during an argument?

A cat startles him, he trips and breaks his neck.
This is after he's shown to be a super bro and bona fide badass in the intro case.

well trucy thinks pearls as a legit sister so whats that make maya?
this logic is pretty dumb.

In the Investigation games Edgeworth's role isn't really defined, as in some cases he plays detective and in others outright defends people. Not being in court there really isn't someone with the ROLE of a prosecutor as everyone is a Witness at the end

Dhurke's Objection is the best voiceclip since Ben Judd's trilogy Phoenix Objection. It's literally perfect.

>Maya channels Mia during love making

Make it happen capcom

Do you think Nick brags about Trucy offscreen? I wish he did claim that Truck was the cutest during that whale/bird argument in AA5's DLC case.

No, but the "victim" of that case hadn't even died.

ima trucyfag.
all about that incest life desu senpai

>discounting one of the best games in the series because it's not technically mainline.
The AAI games are mainline in all but name, discounting them because they're "spinofffs" is really fucking disingenuous.

A troupe composed of only the greatest magicians in the world! It's magic that anyone likes us at all!

Well shit. That is hilarious and infuriating at the same time

why cant they be great games in their own right?

>Max Galactica vs. Troupe Gramarye: Battle of the Magicians
Sausage parties don't have this many dicks

Eh, at least 8 years have passed since the events of AAI2, by now Sebastian should be too much experienced to play the rookie

>Max wasn't mentioned at all during 6-2

The only thing I disliked about the case.

if mr. reus wanted to be a part of the troupe so much he shoulda pulled that trick he did at trucys show back in his hayday. he woulda been loved by all.

Trucy also takes Apollo dick and lives by stealing Gramarye's tricks
What's your point?

Mia clearly wanted Nick's cock. "Going out for drinks" my ass.

>Pearl channels Mia
>debatable legality ensues

What is her endgame?

Why he could even be the greatest magician of all! All he needs is a few more vict-volunteers like Mr. Mistree!

>Body takes the form of the spirit
>Mia died at 27
>Everytime she is channeled she will take the form of a 27 year old hotty

Wright is a lucky man, he gets older she will never age.

You're right

no DGS spoilers pls

Somehow I didn't realize Wright was that much older than Mia now. Wow

Now you're thinking like a true Gramarye.

Max isn't a killer so he is obviously worse.

There is a separate ending if you fail the mock up trial?

I still want Ghost Trick 2.
I'm not sure what the hell you could do with it, considering how perfect the first one was and how it ended in a perfect way, but I just want it.

>is the dlc case worth playing?
No. It's utter shit.

Just a text

This.

my only problem this i had with this game was the more info on spirt channeling.
>need a face
okay got it
>need a name
okay got it
>time flow stops for the deceased and begins moving again when they are channeled
this fucks with mia's over familiarity with the cases pheonix was in alot.
it always felt like she knew what she was talking about because she was watching over it. now it just seems strange.

And what about her speaking to Phoenix beyond the grave when Maya couldn't channel Mia? SoJ doesn't make sense in that aspect.

Fuck off gramaryes scum!

My magic is the real deal

No tricks nor gimmicks!

She wasn't really speaking to Phoenix. It was just in his head.

Mia's a special case

Maybe the souls of Spirit mediums are special.

t.Robert Downey Jr.

Rank the following thought routes from best to worst.

>THE WHITE HAIR IS L'BELLE'S
>THE BODY WAS HIDDEN BY WRIGHT'S STATUE
>ATHENA STABBED THE REAL CULPRIT
>THEY ARE 2 DIFFERENT ORCAS
>THE CULPRIT SWAPPED THE COFFIN SIDES
>TAHRUST'S DEATH WAS A SUICIDE
>THE MURDER WEAPON WAS UDON DOUGH
>A MEDIUM IS NEEDED TO OBTAIN THE POWER
>GA'RAN HAS NO CLAIM TO THE THRONE

They have a strong spiritual power when they're living, so their spirits are stronger after they're deceased. Makes sense.

that does not really explain dahlia though.

>THE MURDER WEAPON WAS UDON DOUGH

This one should be dead last on every list

6-3's Thought Route was neat.

Maybe you only need to have the memory of the person's face. She saw the picture of Iris in the Oh cult magazine after all.

I rank the first one higher than most because it caught me completely by surprise

Dahlia doesn't have any spiritual power and doesn't know what's going on when she's not being channeled. That's how Phoenix is able to pin her down in 3-5. She knows what Morgan had planned but not what actually happened.

well that may be an issue but im more referring to iris whole sense of time passing still being there.

>Giving tons of hints of the twist in investigation which literally killing the 'turnabout' feeling during the trial
I would have give SoJ a 8/10 if it weren't that DLC case.
God, what were they thinking with that case.
How did they manage to make AA5 DLC a wild ride while it's a pile of dog shit in SoJ?

This guy's.

The DD DLC was originally part of the main game - it was the original 5-3. But it was cut, and 5-5 was split into 2 cases.

im not saying she needs to be knowing what happends im more bugged out that sshe certainly knows its been a month since she died and such,

Two different orcas made me shit myself.
Also you missed the murder weapon was used during the reception.

I'm glad it got replaced. Cross examining a whale aside, the whole trial was too lengthy.

Fuck, man, is that the thought route for the SoJ DLC case? Come on, bro.

Hell, that guy's transformation was nuts.

>put something in a spoiler tag
>WHOA WHOA BUDDY IS THAT A SPOILER COME ON MAN

I want whatever was in that barrel. That's some sick gains.

He looks like a rejected One Piece character.

Fuck trying to decipher his testimonies

I put a spoiler tag for a reason. You got yourself to blame. The case was pretty shit anyway. The thought process is probably on one of the lowest tier.

I'm of the belief that was just Phoenix's intuition taking on the form of Mia to make him listen.

>we will never see Edgeworth marry and start a family with JudgeMILF

YOU HAD ONE JOB, CAPCOM, AND YOU BLEW IT!

>some of you are alright, dont go to the magic show tomorrow

what did she mean by this?

I would prefer Edgeworth stay single for the rest of his life.
The man is too logical to even accept the concept of love.

>The Great Ace Attorney not getting a Western release
What the fuck. The first game with Sherlock Holmes and this shit happens. Fuck the Japs.

>Fuck Crapcom
FTFY

Implying Edgeworth isn't taking flights on iFly airlines to random places for ... reasons.

This was the best track in AA6. youtube.com/watch?v=cxFFhUvlRiM

Prove me the fuck wrong.

>implying someone didn't already steal his heart along with some other things

that track was so smooth it surprised me
the entire soundtrack for this game was amazing
youtube.com/watch?v=F1ut-eTUMrc&index=68&list=PLiBIQyc2l71DxtTsCpRju1F5ZNAqp487c

Apollo theme was better.

Someone clonk that bitch, she was cuter broken

Kay is always cute you heathen

>Prove me the fuck wrong.

Okay.

youtube.com/watch?v=gk7Rfl4rpHo

this guy is correct.

REEEEEE fucking contrarians shitting on based Apollo every thread. Stop this shit at once.

>The in-universe music is provided by a group of bailiffs beatboxing over the PA

>implying Nahyuta's theme isn't the best

youtube.com/watch?v=blYCQy2W0PY

Bitch, I'm a gangsta! It's in my blood! Fight me hoe!

Moe Annin

>I think it was moreso trying to bridge a gap to AA7, I feel like that game is going to be Athena coming into her own, or at least trying to.
This since 6-4 felt like it was setting up a character arc for Athena to mature and be more independent

The biggest thing I hated about AJ was the final case being overwritten by Gavin/Phoenix faggotry.

We had a family of asshole magicians being assholes to each other and could have had a grand magical murder.

But instead we just told Valant to fuck off so we could troll a guy already on death row for murder.

Retarded.

Glad this game delivered a good magician-centric case.

>extended
You need to let go and move on, user.

Also the fact the flashback case made Phoenix act like a gullible retard in 4-4

Does anyone feel that Ga'ran is a shit tier villain who is just a Manfred/Morgan/Alba fusion

Eh, she had her moments. I liked her literally making new laws up on the spot.

>4-4
Speaking of, I'd like to see AAI3 delve into some of the fallout from that case

She's middle of the road. Not bad.

I like that they showed off her Prosecutor form immediately because the investigation was making it pretty obvious which way they were going.

Yeah that was the only thing I like about her

Meh but they just dragged it out and when she was revealed as the bad guy it made it seem like it would be a surprise plus her breakdown was not really that good

I'm replaying the trilogy right now and man didn't realize how much shorter the OG cases were

RoFA really sticks out because it's a modern long case compared to the shorter ones in AA1

I was incredibly impressed with AAI2 and that character. If it were Phoenix and Maya up against him, Nick would just be all "Oh it would totally be De Best to thing to let me investigate the crime scene. You're such a master I need the leg up after all..."

But that final logic debate showdown with him was absolutely brilliant.

So is SoJ actually a good AA game or was AAI2 a fluke

Better than DD for sure. Not as good as AAI2 or T&T.

Why not a prosecutor who is nice and friendly outside the courtroom and the cases but is a stone-cold professional who treats his job as a regular business.

No ideals like finding the truth or being the bestest prosecutor with a 100 percent record of wins. Just business.

I think SoJ is amazing. I'd say its nearly equal to AAI2.

>haha u los phoenix turns out the cape's just on a rock all long that whole last hour was just pointless
>no i am kill
>also the priest is actually rebel lol
>YOU JUST SAID MY ARGUMENT WAS WRONG FOR THE LAST THREE HOURS CUZ THAT WASNT TRUE
>also turns out the rebel hunter is Maya
Okay that's actually a good attack.

Still why do they try to make these day 1 trials where you literally know jack and shit about the case into these great big drama things when you're like only six inches closer by the end.
It's good.

Was AA6 good? About to buy it.

stepping on my dick and bullying me

Yes. Very good. Except the second case is pretty weak.

Get the DLC case though. It's good.

Yes, renewed my faith in the series.

I fucking love this song man.

>only in his thirties
>has four kids
>back problems

God, Nick.

OK Cred Forums. Never played AAI2 and wasn't really planning on it due to lack of localization (don't want to get to attached to unofficial names). But I always see you guys praise that game every thread.

Now I've been spoiled to high hell, but I still don't know everything. Should I bother playing through it? Or does being spoiled about Ray detract from the game enough that I might as well read the Wikia?

>mfw "NO ONE ASKED FOR YOUR COMMENTARY, MR. ARE'BAL!"

Second case was based.
you have shit taste.

>second case
>very weak.
your all tricks and gimmicks kid.

>spoiled about Ray
>spoiled about Ray
>spoiled about Ray
>spoiled about Ray
>spoiled about Ray
*laughing intensifies*

Close this thread right now. Download the rom and play it. Even if you were 100% spoiled it's still an incredible game.

>two hours of this piece of shit fucking raccoon telling obvious lies over and over and over

You're talking about 5-2 when the guy was asking about 6.

Why is Datz so based?

pic is me

Time for these threads to die out friends. It's starting to be the same exact convos

>is a complete fuccboi throughout the game
>unfuccbois himself
>gets a based theme

Fucking incredible.

youtube.com/watch?v=yIenrJpjPps

>he hasn't heard about Obduction
store.steampowered.com/app/306760/

Also Syberia 3 in December

He becomes the new enemy prosecutor for the game.

>A female Payne. Maybe even competent for a change.
The SJW fujoshits would love that

>Or does being spoiled about Ray detract from the game enough

I wonder when Japan will do the next Ace Attorney character poll

You missed
>There must be a second Bonnie.

> Minstral Payne

post webms

Sorry gents, but this is the correct choice

Okay this is really fucking stupid.

Where in the video in 6-2 am I supposed to point out Mr Reus' luggage being in the tv footage and not in the Bonny fanatic's footage? I know that's the fucking thing.

wew lad

it's the playing cards

playing cards are flying in one of the videos

gtfo off these threads and download the game right now and don't come back until you beat it

Thanks for the laugh

BONNY ISN'T EVEN IN FUCKING FRAME IN VIDEO 1 WHEN THAT HAPPENS, WHY FUCKING THEN IS THAT LUGGAGE NOT IN VIDEO 2? I'VE FUCKING HEARD ABOUT RED HERRINGS IN AA GAMES BUT THIS GOES OVER THE FUCKING LINE

Relax and let go

I'll be completely honest, I have no idea what luggage you're talking about

Pretty sure he is talking about the box that the dude was in when he was stabbed

It's asking you to point out something that shows up in one video and not the other. Playing cards show up in one video and not the other. At least I think we're talking about the same part, I really don't know why you keep mentioning luggage. Maybe you need to take a break and go for a swim

>Multiple personalities

Case 4 is terrible

TAKE THAT

You can clearly see that this upon further inspection what looks to be a holding rack is not present in video 2 at all, the camera pulls back enough for it to be seen but as you can see it is absent

Capcom needs to patch this or give an alternate route when picking this discrepancy

I'm sorry user, truly. I had no idea what you were talking about, but you are right, but yea, that is a red herring alright

Interesting, you're right

But yea it's a fuck up on their part

Good eye, but I don't know how that luggage jumped out at you more than the cards. Still, that's kinda sloppy of Capcom.

youtube.com/watch?v=6LLCrKLZdlY

Pick your favourite Cross Examination theme, ladies and gents.

I can't pick between Apollo Justice and Trials.

While you're not wrong, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that the perspective just happens to be a little messed up and the container that you've chosen to focus on is actually behind the coffin in tape 2.
Meanwhile, the playing cards show up smack in the middle of the frame and are without a doubt, missing from tape 1. I wouldn't fault you for making a mistake and selecting the box once, but to actually get stuck on it and not even consider any other possibilities is just embarrassing.

DD for me

Gezz, give that user a break

>He didn't like Apollo Justice

I can't understand you people, but maybe I'm just too biased because it has the best soundtrack.

t. Hiimdaisy

God the music in Justice for all is fucking garbage. How did they manage to fuck that game up so much? And after fucking it so hard, how did they manage to actually manage to make case 4 so good? It boggles the mind

I hate to break it every time but there are no bad ace attorney games, it's a rare breed of series where every single game is good

Dunno dude, JFA was pretty fucking bad

It's easier to see than the cards, and it seemed that the video comparing thing implied that both of the discrepancies had to be in frame. So if it they wanted you to focus on the cards they should of had Bonny in frame in video 1 when she reacts to the cards flying by her.

Also, in a previous showing of video 1 I noticed Trucy stashed the real sword in the purple and green holding rack when she swapped them. So it was still on my mind when it came to comparing the two videos

the worst thing in the game is the translation that lacks commas and day1 investigation in big top, it's almost as bad as day2 investigation in 1-5

JFA is the worst game in a series of very good games. If it wasn't for 2-4 it would be completely worthless, but that case it so strong it's makes the game worth playing all on its own. I also really liked Franziska

AAI2 as the best moderato
T&T as the best moderato>allegro transition

Is DGS any good and should I be as disappointed as I am about probably never being able to play it? It has such a neat concept and good designs, it seems like a fucking shame not to port it

The sword bin is in front of a simple white wall with a spade on it, right next to the curtain to backstage. I don't see that in the first video.

What's the quickest chapter select to get to this part? Is this after cross-examining Trucy?

>tfw Apollofag
>tfw can't justify myself
>tfw just want him to be well written because I liked his game so much
>tfw he is basically a completely new character every game he's appeared in since his inception

I REALLY liked what they did with him in DD, and made it so he wasn't a paragon of justice like Phoenix, that little mini villain thing he had going for him was fuckin great. Why do they keep randomly pinning weird tragic past backstories onto him instead of just fleshing him out as a character as he is NOW?

It's not fair, this series is driving me insane because 3 games since the original trilogy and they STILL can't decide what direction to fucking take the games in.

Only played Case 2 once,

Reus was killed AFTER Trucy saw the prank body, right?

So did she ever point out she didn't see a bloodstain on his back before the dragon setpiece fell?

>made it so he wasn't a paragon of justice like Phoenix, that little mini villain thing he had going for him was fuckin great

he was a giant nerd that put a bandage over his eye because he didn't want to suspect a friend

Argue with me

she was traumatized as fuck at the moment it all happened, it's reasonable for her to not even have thought about it

You're not worth it

I'm not sure where to begin

>God Emperor Tier
Edgeworth

>No one fucking cares tier
Everyone else

Switch Klavier and Blackquill and you got it right.

>Klavier
>The only prosecutor that actually cares about finding the right culprit the entire time
>Not top tier
Achtung, baby

Klavier is automatically great because he's not an edgy asshole

He acts like a friend and helps you in the game, dude's a fucking rockstar. He's great.

But Godot was a shit prosecutor. I don't think there's a single other prosecutor in this series who cared less about his job than him.

>past bump limit
Farewell everyone
youtube.com/watch?v=4FwI5k3rLwc

He was well written, charismatic and also a fuckin martyr

also best theme

NEW THREAD WHEN

Yeah, but he was a bad prosecutor.

Okay, I rewatched it and yeah you're right

The coffin and bin are only two diagonal squares apart in the first video and you can see that distance briefly at the start of the second

What a weird omission

So...how slim are our chances that both games are gonna be localized once the second game drops?

So slim as to be virtually non-existent

GOAT theme to be honest

I'm getting tired of the default Trucy expressions: happy, sad, and pouty.

Heck I was glad to see Evil Trucy moving the body in the testimony.

Where's the: devious, enraged animations?

Nick raised her too well.

>Try to raise your adoptive daughter right
>Still idolizes her shitty biological father that left her the first chance he got
Trucy wtf