What's next after Dark Souls 3 DLCs?

After FromSoft's masterpiece DLC for Bloodborne, the one for Dark Souls 3 is going to be incredible, considering there are going to be TWO. My body is certainly ready.

With that said, what do you think will be Miyazaki's next move? What ideas will he bring to the table next?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EwFA2VdCGcY
ign.com/articles/2016/09/21/from-software-working-on-3-games-one-of-which-is-armored-core
teamninja-studio.com/nioh/us/demo.html
knowyourmeme.com/memes/barneyfag-barneyfan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

From is working on Armored Core, a dark fantasy action RPG, and Miyazaki's next game which he repeatedly describes as "very weird". I'm looking forward to all three.

If they make a Bloodborne 2, I am going to shit myself

>more sequels

No thanks.

We know they're currently working on

>DaS 3 DLC
>A new Armored Core
>A new dark fantasy ARPG, but one that's apparently quite different to the Souls formula
>Something entirely new, which is according to Miyazaki, "quite weird" in both setting and gameplay

We also know that they've got a multiplat with VR support due out sometime next year, as well as another two contracted PS4 collaborations with Sony Japan Studio (The first of which is apparently some kind of RPG and was in development as of late last year).

nioh

they're going to make a scifi game

>"quite weird" in setting and gameplay
Blame! Souls

DS3 won't be saved by the DLC, it's broken at the core gameplay.

Lords of the Fallen devteam is already on that with The Surge

Kindly remove that trash Des from there.

It's the worst souls made by Miyazaki

>Lords of the Fallen devteam is already on that with The Surge
that doesn't mean that From isn't also working on it

But I want something playable.

armored core
demons souls ps4 port with a dlc area
bloodborne sequel with an aquatic theme
shitty anime waifu game
souls mosou game

why do people keep spamming Nioh in souls threads?

K I N G ' S F I E L D V

It's just one guy. He thinks it upsets people.

>bloodborne sequel with an aquatic theme
oh god please no

>people, plural

>people

Its literally just one guy.

problem?

so he's the barneyfag of souls?

Just looks like Dark Souls lmao

whos barney fag?

didn't that guy end up drowning?

It's just one guy trying to force some bizarre rivalry between the Souls/BB and Nioh fanbases here (You know, despite the huge amount of crossover between the two).

he was ok
you're thinking of the guy that got stuck upside down in a hole and they tried to pull him out but stopped after nearly ripping his leg off

which is funny because the nioh threads had ssome chill people in them

Aren't there signs everywhere in these caves telling you to not do exactly this? Fucking hell man

>DaS3 DLC is gonna be incredible

Yeah
>DaS1 copy paste boss with adds
>BB Cainhurst boss copy paste but lamer
>LOL I SWING GIANT VAT AT YOU XD

All of the bosses shown look terrible.

I want a dark messiah of might and magic style RPG with ds1 level design and bloodborne CUHRAZY

here's your reply

Nice joke. Anyone whose played it knows its more like OniNinjaGaiden with a pinch of Souls shit which is mostly leveling and other shit that isn't a combat mechanic.

Nioh also has 10x the mechanic depth that dodge hit r1/r2 simulator has.

i would carry a gun when cave exploring just so if I ever get caught I could immediately end myself so I would not have to stress out about being trapped

are we fighting Velka?

You actually think they look good?
NotSith looks like the same shit but DaS3 speed and has Adds
NotPriscilla is basically smaller Logarius with alot of the same moves shown and no badass effects
FlailyMcFuckVat looks boring as shit and looks like a early filler boss

If this is amazing looking to you i feel bad for you. The bosses look tame compared to main game ones effect wise and gameplay wise.

lol are you kidding nioh is 10x MORE casual.

Nioh's animations look like utter shit, worse than DaS2.

kekadoodledoo

But the old hunters was developed by Japan Studio.. ?

that shitty pic doesn't even refute anything lol.
nioh is casual garbage, bro

what if you can't reach it or even move your arms?

what is this image supposed to represent?

Mune is harder then anything in DaS3 and that was just a beta boss. But you never fought him or the Twilight missions i'm wagering. If you think anything is more casual then DaS3 you're sad. This is the easiest "hard" game to come out in a long time.

name a better boss theme than this youtube.com/watch?v=EwFA2VdCGcY

FUCK

wasnt refuting you,i used the wrong pic

Da feelings yo.

World design

why does the Knight Set in DaS3 make your character look so fucking fat?

well said

It's casual as fuck if you play SS + shield. Anything else and it's just as hard as the other Souls games.

>fret not father... we have no need for thy flame
>only flame quivering at ash (?)
>now, avert thine eyes...
is she talking to bowl guy?

are you fucking kidding lol Mune is an easy bitch. If you thought either is hard you have to be under 18, how fucking pathetic

No that would be DS3.

I bet they're hiding the Gravelord Servant Covenant there!

I'm coming for that sword, damn it!

That's Gwynevere, who is the bowl boss. And guess what the bowl is.

White shores.

>DS2
fix for you, pham

>That's Gwynevere, who is the bowl boss
haha no

do what I did when I was inside of a nightmare and wanted to wake up, slam my head into the nearest and sharpest edge in hopes it knocks me uncnscious long enough to die

You.

You LIE.

Armored Core. Theyre already making a new one.

lol just pop a bold hunter's mark lmao, what an idiot

>bowlguy is actually Flame God Flann
scythe girl is Gertrude, daughter of Gwynevere and Flann, and Oceiros was just raising his wife's kids the whole time

The DLC in DS2 had the best bosses and levels in the entire series. DS3 on the other hand was by far the weakest. Maybe they make up for it with the DLC coming out but who knows.

The DLC had the best level design in DS2 no doubt and I love it, but I'd say it's about as good as a good level from demon's souls or ds1

>The DLC in DS2 had the best bosses and levels in the entire series
>implying that Ivory King and Alonne can top the bosses of The Old Hunters and AotA

It definitely is.
>bowl is full of fire/lava, obviously Lordvessel - who bequeathed the Lordvessel to the Chosen Undead again?
>trailer shows Oceiros, Nameless King, Banjo & Kazooie and Aldritch just before the bowl boss - all characters directly connected to Gwynevere
>Gwynevere is the only one of Gwyn's family we have yet to kill
>unused music that sounds like Gwynevere's theme

wow this game looks lame and easy as fuck.

what game

nioh

ign.com/articles/2016/09/21/from-software-working-on-3-games-one-of-which-is-armored-core
a new armored core. this makes me moist

>gank squad, blue smelter, and 2cat best bosses out of all the games.

It really is, the twilight missions that are supposed to be the most difficult parts just add extra enemies and nothing more, akin to DS2's artificial difficulty. Still it has tons more depth than DS combat so I'm excited for it.

first off,
>obviously lordvessel
the Lordvessel is not made of solid gold like bowlguy's bowl is, it's a stone bowl. Secondly, the dimensions of bowlguy's bowl are WAY off if it's supposed to be the lordvessel -- the lordvessel is very shallow and has thick walls, while bowlguy's bowl is much thinner and deep like a cooking pot.

>Oceiros, twin princes are associated with Gwynevere
only if you believe the incorrect english version of the Divine Blessing description, which wrongly states that Gwynevere was the queen of Lothric, instead of saying that Lothric Queen was so beautiful that she invited the comparison, as the japanese description states.

D4RK SOULS

DARK SOUL5

DARK 6OULS

DARK SOU7S

DA8K SOULS

That's false, they completely change the enemy layout to be different enemies, have enemies with higher stats than before, and give the boss higher stats and enemies that help them. Thinking extra enemies is artificial difficulty is almost as ridiculous as thinking artificial difficulty is a thing.

>have enemies with higher stats than before, and give the boss higher stats and enemies that help them
>this is considered a good thing

DARK S9ULS

Other than the different enemies part, you've perfectly described artificial difficulty. It was lazy as fuck for them to do nothing more than throw in adds to boss fights instead of changing or adding mechanics. Hopefully they listened to the beta feedback regarding that as most people complained about it.

and finally

DARK SOULS X

they did listen in the beta feedback

teamninja-studio.com/nioh/us/demo.html
DETAILS
■ Action & Controls
• Revise the TPS controls
• Add and adjust samurai skills
• Adjust the player damage/defeat
• Adjust the methods and performance of lowering the enemy stamina
• Adjust the weight and agility of armor

■ Enemies
• Adjust strength and attack power of enemies
• Adjust the AI tracking ability and groupthink
• Add Boss attack variations in the Twilight Missions
• Revise superarmor (stagger/no stagger) and homing abilities

■ Level Design/Stages
• Adjust position of enemies including the Twilight Missions
• Adjust enemy detection issues
• Adjust collision such as dropping edges

■ UI
• Improve each type of interface and usability
• Expand the tutorial

■ RPG
• Expand the maximum number of items (overall and per item)
• Adjust the amount of armor items dropped
• Expand the functions of the Blacksmith, adjust the requirements of Re-Forge and Soul Match
• Implement items when player level is reset
• Revise each type of reward

■ Camera
• Improve camera behavior in areas of bad visibility and inclines
• Add the ON/OFF option for camera autocorrect

■ Online
• Adjust Revenant drops
• Improve the enemy attack behavior during co-op play
• Fix enemy transparency bugs
• Allow movies to be skipped after the Boss is obliterated in co-op play

■ Other
• Stabilize the frame rate of image optimization
• Fix various problems and bugs

no, finally:

DARK SOULS

agreed

Yes? Are you implying enemies in the next level should always have the same health and damage as the enemies in the first level, regardless of the player's stats? Do I have to tell you how stupid you sound?
"Artificial difficulty" is a misterm that refers to only changing enemies' health and damage to make it harder, which is still a valid challenge, one of endurance. There's nothing wrong with that if the game is made with that kind of thing in mind, which this game certainly is. Assuming it's lazy to add enemies is taking no account of how the actual fight plays out with them, and disregards that they had to decide what enemies would go there. Having other enemies drastically changes the situation in a unique way that can't be duplicated, and they should have stayed in Twilight boss battles, as they're supposed to be optional hard mode versions. Can't stop people complaining about things they don't understand though.

fuck off. The scythe lady is Velka and the big bird guy is Allfather Lloyd. Just listen to what she says. It makes perfect sense

Allfather Lloyd was a hack and a fraud! Literally just a normal man PRETENDING to be a god, and you retards fell for it!

This tbqh. Not 10x, but definitely more.

Just playing the first tutorial of the demo, I already realized it was mechanically superior.

Shame so many dummies are comparing it to Souls though.

yee, all it really did was use souls as a template and improved on its combat systems

They should make an actual well balanced well crafted difficult game
Instead of the amateur trash they been shitting out

I don't think it really did. It borrowed a few minor things, but otherwise it's just another action RPG.

People just think its like Souls, because other than Souls, the industry just doesn't make as many of these anymore.

Souls just took some of the same mechanics presents in previous action RPGs before it, and advanced them or modified them a little bit.

Likewise, so is Nioh.

"Soulslike" is meme buzzword.

Shield is useless in DS3 though.

They're really really not. Especially greatshields. Just don't keep them up all the time and remember you can still dodge rather than try to block everything.

Well yeah Greatshields are very good but normal shields are nowhere near as good as they were in DS1. In DS1, you could literally put up your shield and circle strafe almost every enemy in the game (even some bosses). DS3 fucks you over if you do that since most enemies have absurdly long combos that will destroy your stamina.

But yes, if you use shields and rolls together then shields do become a lot more viable. But honestly I felt the game to be a lot more easier to just 2H weapons and learn to roll correctly.

DS3 wasn't as hard until it got to the bosses. That could easily be fixed by having more people fight with you.

I will say that at least the boss fights in Bloodborne were far more accessable that it didn't need me to summon up other people.

>being this new
Or have a fallen for b8?

im sry man gotta start somewhere, what is barney fag?

You almost never have to block more than one attack in a row, they were always supposed to be used as part of a defense alongside dodging rather than the sole option, unless perhaps you have a greatshield but even then you don't have to. Holding a smaller shield up all the time is using them wrong and inefficiently. You should also always drop your shield when you can to refill on stamina, and there's plenty of times to do that and keep yourself safe and solid. If you can consistently dodge everything then a shield isn't as necessary but they're always the much safer option and you're not always going to be able to dodge everything, plus they can still give you a parry, weapon art or armoured bash.

u wut

90% of the bosses of DaS3 are easier than the areas you had to traverse to get to them. The only real exceptions to this are Pontiff, NK, and Champ

knowyourmeme.com/memes/barneyfag-barneyfan

Gives you a fair idea

Not really. At first, I would agree with you, but afterwords I felt like the regular enemies became weaker and the bosses became stronger.

Pontiff is easy, the part before your second bonfire in Boreale Valley was a strange spike in difficulty from the rest of the area. Old Demon King is a lot harder than the area he's in.

Barneyfag was one guy, similar to the nioh webm poster

i see thank you for clearing it up