Steam Refunds

>*Play game for 1 hour and 50 minutes (possibly even beat the game in this time)*
>"I've had enough of that. Give me my money back, Steam."
>*Gets refund*

Why is this allowed?

Why not indie dev? if your game is good enough very very few people will do this jewery but if it's shit expect people to return it even before they play it for an hour if anything 2 hours is too little to decide on some games just like no man's sky.

Because of Gone Home.

>Why not indie dev?
what ever happened to philfish? did sean murray run away to join the secret indie dev club?

>game promises to be a 50 hour long adventure
>beat it in less than 1 hour and 30 minutes
>refund it for false advertising

>what ever happened to philfish?
Didn't he retired because all the criticism he got?

I did this with The Witness, it gave me motion sickness but I was hungover the first time I played so I chalked it up to that. Then when I played the next day it happened again so I refunded it.

>hype your game up
>lie about mechanics in it
>post prerendered gameplay footage of it to showcase the game
>post low requirements
>advertise x and y
>launch game
>change system requirements to be much higher
>disable x and y and offer them as dlc 3 years later
>hire people to say "get a new pc" in any threads/posts about the game running badly

why is this allowed?

im a talanted indie dev, and i think refunds were a good idea

>buy game at Gamestop
>realize you don't like it
>bring it back within a week and get refund
Why is this allowed?

>Steam refunds automatically for games under 2 hours
>now Steam reviews don't count keys for overall score

It's like Steam wants to fuck with indie devs.

as an indie dev with everything on the line, I say fuck them.

make your game good enough and don't be a prick about it, then people won't refund it.

I'm sorry man, but indies need to just suck it up. Too many have abused the system, so a bunch of low quality garbage has gotten through.

Good, maybe we'll get some good indie games again.

don't bait like that, user. please.

No you aren't.

You're a shit smeared blanket covered in dog hair.

its true tho.

okay. be like that then. see what happens. I'm a very talented navy seal btw.

i dont care who u are. and indie devs are more valuable than army drones

Honestly an indie game that can be beat in under two hours is not worth the price they fucking charge. Not a single indie dev who makes good games complained about the refund policy.
And the key reviews make sense both because of indie devs giving away keys for good reviews, and people giving a game a good review because "I got it for like a buck in a humble bundle, it was worth it the price!"

I'll have you know I graduated top of my class.

See, this is a series of good points. When you charge 50 bucks for an """indie game"""", and you give it awayf or like a buck on a humble bundle, it gives a false impression come time for reviews.

Contrary to what people will say, the price of a game DOES factor into how good it is. I wouldn't pa 500 bucks for Fez, no matter how many good reviews it got.

post your steam profile. i bet u bought my game

Make something worth keeping

Because Neets need to recycle the 50 dollars they have for life, come back and shitpost about it while I plow their Mom.

You earned it champ.

Exactly, price does matter. Take no mans sky for example. If they charged a reasonable price, like $15-20, and didn't fucking lie about major features in the game then it wouldn't be making headlines with how fucking shitty the game is and how the dev lied about countless features.

Anything under 2 hours should have been a flash game in newgrounds.

It probably could've prevented the massive influx of refunds too. But hey, actually delivering a product as promised is too hard these days.

Any "game" that can be beaten in less than two hours without any speedrunning horseshittery isn't worth whatever money you paid for it.

If your game is ~1 hour long, it deserves it.

Beer battered Fish.

what is valve's stance if you do a chargeback on a game that's in your steam library but you didn't purchase it through steam itself?

i know they restrict access while the dispute is settled but i've heard they ban you for fraud if you try to chargeback a game that you own on steam; does this apply to games that you own on steam but didn't purchase through steam?

Why are you posting like that

If you can beat a game in an hour and 50 minutes without exploits or glitches then it shouldn't be charging money.

indie devs these days...

Honestly it's partly the fault of the gaming community for just accepting this shit. Sean should have the shit sued out of him for straight out lying about multiplayer nonstop to sell his game, and going silent after it's release not addressing any of the complaints about him lying.

The funny thing is that there are games that are not even 30 minutes in length, ala some sidescrollers and shmups. Yet people almost never refund them because of how replayable they are. So I wonder why these cinematic walking simulators suffer from it so much.

Hmmmmmm

Indie devs need to learn their place.

Which games are you talking about specifically. The only recent example I can think of is Jamestown and that isn't close to 30 minutes if you want to complete it.

www.steamcommunity.com/id/neverknowsbesthuh

Bring it.

Anything by astro Port, several games by Devolver Digital.

u dont have it. but u mostly play generic AAA trash. thanks for posting tho

Not but pretty much every single shmup is roughly 30 minutes long. The genre revolves mainly around arcade gaming, so STGs always follow the same format: 5 to 6 stages, roughly ~25 minutes from the beginning to the end. Slightly more if you milk bosses or double that if the game allows for 2 loops.

But the replay value is extremely high so no one is going to ever ask a refund after 30 minutes unless you really hate the game and in that case it's kind of fair. In an arcade you would have paid ¥50~100 to have the very same experience (playing 10-15 minutes and quitting/dying).

He's with some group making a pretentious VR cube game now.

>Steam has amazing customer service
>But they're literally DRM
Hmm ...

>Plays game for 200 hours, 100% completes it
>Writes negative review
Why is this allowed?

Because he's entitled to give any review that he wants? I may not agree with it, but its wrong to attack someone for having an opinion that you don't agree with.

Don't forget, it's usually preferable to saying a game is horrible trash while having done zero research into it, or not playing it past 5 minutes.

>game is shorter than 2 hours and has no replay value
I've seen flash games that had this. You don't deserve money for any less

>>*Play game for 1 hour and 50 minutes (possibly even beat the game in this time)*
>>"I've had enough of that. Give me my money back, gamestop."
>>*Gets refund*

Because if your game can show all its features in the first two hours, it shouldn't exist

>Play a game for a while
>Dislike it and recognize that it could be better or isn't as good as they devs promoted
>Write a negative review
>LOL YOU CLEARLY LIKED IT IF YOU PLAYED THAT MUCH, STOP LYING
>WHY DID YOU PLAY THAT MUCH IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT?
Why is this allowed?

Try to make games that are fun for at least 3 hours, indie dev.

>buy gamemaker bundle
>not sure what to make aside from mobile advertising games for chump change
Help

So most indie games should be free then?

Hi Digital Homicide

lately i've been getting card drops in the first hour of play, does that mean i won't be able to refund the game?

maybe they should stop making shit games if they don't want people to return them

>I remember getting gunpoint on steam, beat in 1 hour 45 minutes, refunded it, and was very happy i was allowed too
the lesson learned is that developers should add lengthy and fulfilling content within games

>Make a game that's either shorter than two hours long with no replay value or a game that is so boring and uninteresting that there's nothing to gain from playing it
>Expect people to feel glad they made their purchase

Just say your game.

>1h 50 mins
>game
kill yourself indie cuck

If the person in question didn't want to pay the money to play the game, they can just pirate it. Steam Refunds give access to a way to undo purchases you regret, and allow Steam's users to be more outgoing in their game selection; if they don't like it, it's not money down the drain. Steam Refunds are a great implementation and generally a step in the direction of a storefront with less shovelware.

because people think charging money for newgrounds crap is a good idea, and it's working

>posting his steam ID

OHSHITNIGGER.JPG

user in Cred Forums is an idiot, more news at 11

>anime shit
>fanservice shit
>movie games
Garbage

>under 2hours
>beat the game

sounds like grounds for refund, it shouldn't have cost anything if it was that fast.