LMAO AT THIS FUCKING FAGGOT

youtube.com/watch?v=ulBYfJ4M5ks LMAO AT THIS FUCKING FAGGOT

>Game gives you a bike
>Shortly thereafter, Paula joins your party, making the bike useless

BRAVA EARTHBOUND.

BRAVA

And what the fuck was the point of the condiment system?

>Oh man, waste a slot to carry a packet of salt instead of just having another hamburger!

When I think about it, this game actually kind of does suck. For an RPG, it has no replay value to speak of

>99% linear with no side quests
>No party organization to give certain characters priority over others
>No unique equipment builds that reward smarter thinking, not harder thinking
>No way to truly test your characters skills with the lack of a new game+ feature

Would have been nice to have, but this is give or take:
>Alternate party members
>Alternate endings
>Monster/boss arena

At the end of the day, it's still a VIDEO GAME and not an "interactive experience". You don't cut Gone Home any slack(the hipsters that love Earthbound LOVE Gone Home as well), neither should you with Earthbound.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/snes/588301-earthbound/reviews/92527
youtube.com/watch?v=vEZb0Qtv2sA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What a nice thread.

what did you think of the ending?

I hate earthbound, but your post falls on mostly deaf ears, op.

They will just passive aggressively dodge all of your points because, "lol new age retro hippie, so whacky randumb xd!"

Say what you will about undertale, but it has 1000 times the charm as earthbound

Isn't the big reason Gone Home was shit on was because it was $20 and you can beat it in two fucking minutes?

It was just another walking simulator, but it triggered Cred Forums mostly because of it didn't star a lesbian, it wouldn't have gotten a fraction of the accolades it did, causing backlash

Earthbound is quality crap, but it's crap nonetheless. Same with the other piece of shit game you mentioned. Also it's "bravo", you fucking sperglord.

It's copypasta and I'm tired of seeing it.

This pasta is stale.

I just want another RPG with the pedometer HP counter.

ok

"B-but it did a few things other games in the genre weren't doing. Therefore it's okay to shill this game 20 years later even though hundreds of games are way more unique"

ok

Why are complaining about an SNES game?
You'd do better if you bitch about more recent shit, like ReCore being buggy or Persona 5 or PS4 pro not being true 4K. Instead you choose Earthbound? get that shit out of here.

Earthbound is my favorite game. Watcha gonna do about it?

>And what the fuck was the point of the condiment system?

So you can heal larger in one turn. Every turn is important in Earthbound because of the count down HP. It's optional, I never really use it.

The fans are still obnoxious shills that won't shut up.

I just want them to admit that their game isn't really that great, and that they are one of the most nostalgia blind fan bases in the industry, their game doesn't hold up, and to stop annoyingly bag people to buy Lucas amiibo so that maybe they'll bring mother 3 to the virtual console so that everyone can campaign to but that so that maybe they'll make mother 4

I'm getting really tired of people using the word "shill" outside the context of accusations of viral marketing.

*nag people

At the end of the day, I'll always take a challenging game over a "story heavy" one.

>mfw I've only played Earthbound maybe once or twice in my wife
>meanwhile on 20th replay of Gradius and Super Mario World
>over 50 replays of Super Metroid, just now getting into the mod scene

Why not both?

This copy pasta is more obnoxious than any Earthbound threads in the past decade.

>Implying you even have a wife to play video games in

If both could exist at once, then that would be great. But I've never once seen a video game have both challenge and a large story heavy experience.

why don't you play a game you haven't played before instead of wallowing in nostalgia fkkr.
And stop playing games in your wife that's why you didnt' like earthboun]d.

>The fans
kill yourself

i do play plenty of video games, especially in the modern times. I just avoid cinematic experiences like Metal Gear and Uncharted.

Stale pasta.

Shut the fuck up you nigger I bet you like Undertale

So anyone here enjoy and want to discuss earthbound?

my favorite character is Kumatora

See

>Google earthbound
>megalovania and halloween hack is almost the most searched

Oh shit, didn't know this was an ACfag thread. Everyone out before he starts shitting on Bayonetta and posting his ass-backward game rankings again.

hello toby

My favorite character is Lloyd

Not for me. That must be your search history affecting your searches.

Starts off fresh and actually rather brilliant, but quickly goes completely to shit.

>Uncharted isn't cinematic

Oh snap, I think I'm in a Neogaf crossboarding thread. Everyone abandon!

Pasta. The points aren't incorrect, they are annoyances that do exist, but it's nitpicky level and every RPG has bullshit worse than this.

Was not earned.

May I ask where you feel that occurs? Perhaps try mother 3. I like hearing others views on the series, good or bad.

>ACfag

What does Animal Crossing have to do with this?

Exactly. Earthbound is art, a game that transcends typical RPGs; its strict mechanics are not the reason it's beloved.

Have we really gone so far that people on Cred Forums are baiting the Gamergaters WITHOUT it being an Undertale thread?

>it's okay if the gameplay is mediocre, it's aaaaart

Now where have I heard this before?

Theres a glitch using a sugar condiment and rock candy to max out all your stats

Earthbound is a great game!

The only shit section of the game is Peaceful Rest Valley at the very beginning, so have a (you)

gamefaqs.com/snes/588301-earthbound/reviews/92527

>sees pic
If I had a PS3 and played this game I would give it a 5/10, honestly.

Armored Core.

What does that have to do with this? Who posted Armored Core?

youtube.com/watch?v=vEZb0Qtv2sA

Except it's earned in Earthbound's case because the series is written by a real novelist who has worked with people like Haruki Marukami, not some generic AAA B-movie story.

But it's not a novel, it's a video game. And what good is a game when the story constantly clashes with the gameplay and makes it unfun?

Example 1: too many filler segments, like backtracking between towns, fighting the moles who each think they're the third best while their battles play exactly the same, Magicant having no enemies until the last 3rd of it, essentially being a giant multicolored hallway with no gameplay, nonsensical rules and areas like Moonside, which requires trial and error just to get through, items that are only there to be LOLSORANDUM XD (the rulers, for example, or the orange machine), the entirety of the final battle which just involves praying, because actually figting Giygas would be too videogamey and "problematic")

Just for starters.

ACfag is a known shitposter and hardcore Armored Core fanboy that stirs shit up mostly in Metroid threads where he goes full paranoia saying he's the only one on Cred Forums who hates Other M and everyone else is trying to forgive and excuse Nintendo for their grave offense, he goes on an on about how much he HATES movie games and any games with cutscenes or NPC dialogues which take away from "raw gameplay", complaining that games like Bayonetta 2 and most every RPG out there are in fact "movie games". He also likes posting annual game rankings (on a ten point scale) images that are prime baiting.

okay, I think I see your point, but

>he goes on an on about how much he HATES movie games and any games with cutscenes or NPC dialogues which take away from "raw gameplay",

There is nothing wrong with this statement.