Vampire The Masequrade: Bloodlines General Thread

Rich and Bald Guy are playing Vampire the Masquerade:Bloodlines on Previously Recorded over on Twitch and they absolutely hate it.

I thought you guys said VTM:Bloodlines was good, these two think it's absolute shit. So who's in the wrong?

tv/previouslyrecorded_live

Other urls found in this thread:

debofnight.andcuriouser.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=uGGoa1GSYS0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Evan keeps saying it's absolute trash, this is great, they loathe it so fucking much

It does look like dogshit so far.

I'm either out of the loop here, or OP is trying to shill his channel.

Either way, OP, no one cares.

Fuck off, you're playing it to bait hipsters.

aidsmoby and alcoholic drywaller rich evans have zero fuckin taste in games. they're just two mopes lucky enough to have friends with camera equipment.

These two shit fucks are part of RedLetterMedia which are pretty big on Cred Forums, Cred Forums, and Cred Forums
These guys have some really good taste in video games user, you're full of shit and salty they actually say the truth about this trash game

>they have really good taste about vidya
wow i love people who can't form their own opinion on vidya and suck in whatever the fuck their idols say like a fucking sponge

get your act together you child and play the game yourself

Speaking of which, they also say KotOR and KotOR 2 are complete trash and will be the next game(s) they will try

>general

/vg/ is that way ->

They spent an hour shit talking it before they even started playing it, while they downloaded a patch they should have downloaded BEFORE they started to stream it. Basically, they've already decided it was shit before actually going into it unbiased. It's honestly painful to watch considering how retarded they're acting.

They have a Thread of VTM:B every once in awhile, let them have it. Besides, the game is popular enough to keep a stable General

They haven't even started playing, why am I even watching these retards?

you know they're not actually your friends, right?

Agreed. Before they even attempted to try it they were being negative nacy's about it and how much they're going to think it's shit.

Now they don't even want to bother or pay attention to the game or story. This is a wreck.

I'm here to save this shit thread
>favorite hub world and why?

They kind of have now and they suck incredibly bad at it.

I don't understand why anyone would pay attention to these, their review vids show that they have no idea what they are doing, Cred Forums has better discusion about games htna these two, I say this as fan of the Cred Forums section of RLM, not hating on these guys, they just don't know shit about games.

IT LITERALLY SAYS CTRL C TO USE THE HACKING FEATURE
AND HE'S JUST PUTTING RANDOM SHIT IT

This is painful. How stupid can you be.

Probably the city with all the apartments you could dive into and look around and see how people lived and a bit of there life story

Fuck off, shill.

If they hate this game so much, why are they even playing it? These two are the worst sometimes

>Rich telling some guy he's an idiot for complaining he's being bad at the tutorial by saying he's not even interested in the game

I like Rich on Half in the Bag and all but this is just obnoxious, unironically worse then DSP. This is what those This Is How You Don't Play videos should feature nowadays.

redletter who?

they are two literal who's and on top of that they are also balding cucks with no taste and i think slight autism

>it's possible to be this bad at playing video games
how horrifying

>these faggots don't like VTM:B
as if we needed even more evidence of how fucking terrible redditlettermedia is

Any webm, gif, or image of these chuckle fucks are from RedLetterMedia. They're Cred Forums and Cred Forums DBZ Fusioned with each other and are quasi hipsters who hate anything popular most of the time and like niche movies no ones heard about.

Jesus fuck how can you be so bad at playing games?

I've been on this board since 2008 and I have never seen or heard anything about these fucks.

Besides a fucking webm isn't oing to make me want to watch their shit. Cred Forums isn't just one person and you're certainly not dictating what's popular around here you fucking child

I just spent a week straight sick in bed binge watching RLM videos as I'd never heard of them before the binge watching.
Sad to find out Rich has a shit taste in vidya.
Bald is of no consequence.

>underage e-celeb lapdog
Nice try at getting views for your fake friends.

>can't even finish a fucking tutorial
I admit the stealth sections of the tutorial are far from stellar, but you have to be an idiot to keep fucking up that badly.

wow i've never watched their video game content. richs opinions on film is usually spot on

Jesus Christ, their fans are terrible
>HURR THIS GAME LOOKS SHIT
It's because Rich is playing like shit. He literally look at the double doors he was suppose to go through and went the wrong fucking way

These may literally be the two dumbest people I have ever seen.

How does my post, in anyway, shape, or form make me, wanting you to watch their shit, dictating what's popular and most of all me being a child when you asked
>redletter who?
I gave you a answer and you lash out user. I'm not even the same user, I just wanted to help.

Also
>I've been on this board since
Does that give you any higher power on a site that makes us all Anonymous? I don't want you're life story. I just wanted to help

No idea who they are so couldn't give a fuck what they think of it. I don't need the confirmation of some e-celebs to know whether or not a game is any good, I enjoyed the fuck out of it. Judging by the fan support lots of other people have too so whatever.

Chinatown for looks. Malibu (one with the video store) for everything else.

thanks for the reply mate

ana's the best hero

You mean Hollywood, dummy?

By taking tutorials and cutscenes in a game you've specifically never touched before as an opportunity to read a dingbat chat and blaming the game for your not knowing where to go or what to do.

Watched about 3 minutes. He can't even figure out how to go into his inventory to equip the crowbar. He's struggling on the fucking tutorial. Maybe they should play something like Overwatch instead.

This is physically painful.

Santa Monica.

I know this doesn't have much to do with the game, but

>Think I'd like more stuff set in this universe
>Remember the series comes from tabletop RPG games
>I know nothing of those so let's investigate
> There's a gazillion editions to choose from
>Apparently things are so confusing some of those are made by fans hired as professionals because they knew more lore and rules than the game makers
>Apparently i can easily download a pdf manual to play
>There's no board, pieces, cards or anything, just this required book to play, to the point that apparently some communities re-enact the game live action
>It's more than 500 pages long of text

HOW

I give up watching this. Fuck them and their fans. They didn't even fairly give the game a chance. They already were shitting on it before they even started playing it. It's like a bunch of grown toddlers.

BEFORE the Unofficial Patch was downloaded and they were playing Checkers waiting for it, they stated, persuasively, over and over again how much they're going to hate it. So they're not even going to try and fire off their neurons in their brain to even consider focusing to try and do anything in the game and instantly say it's absolute crap

>Read dialogue out loud in a voiced game using a shitty vampire voice
>Ignore everything telling them how to play
>Blame lack of interest on playing poorly and not knowing what to do
>Spend more time reading chat messages than playing a game

Why does anybody watch RLM content that isn't 95% Mike and Jay? How does this channel have followers?

>RedLetterMedia
Literally and unironically who?

DESU the tutorial is annoying as fuck.

See
And see if your response to this post is

These people pay real american dollars to watch 2 ramdom guys play games and curse at them, just let that sink in.

This was the worst thing I've ever seen.

This really lowered my opinion on these guys.

Yeah, it's very loose on crunch and very big on the narrative between players and gamemaster, to the point where the books do not give a single shit about constructing dungeons and where your character is positioned in them and most of those pages are spent giving you a dozen in-character commentaries on the setting itself to try and give you ideas instead.

Holy fuck. Is this working fucky for anyone else? Gets stuck every two seconds. I just tested my connection and it's working fine.

>All these autists buttmad there favorite LOL INSTALL ERRY TIM got revealed to be a piece of shit

Gotta defend you internet friends right?

Here's your (you)

What actually happened is these two guys revealed themselves to be idiots.

That stream was a fucking abortion.

literally who?

judging from the posts here, I would like to avoid the cringe for tonight. What are they saying about the game? Also, what kind of games do they like?

wtf i hate rlm now

It's really not that good of a game. The literal definition of "overrated".

See
These two have their own mini-show(s) in tie with their main shlick of reviewing movies. These guys think they're hot shit but they're absolute casual fucks who are so outdated in media, video games, and comics (they say they're "into" comics and they're experts; which was maybe like 20 years ago so they're pretty outdated) they think their opinions are fucking Top Gun here but they're not. They're the exact opposite.

They like hipster games and games that are suppose to make them question shit. They also only enjoy games from the 70's, 80's, and early 90's, anything else they consider absolute shit and wont even try it.

It's like combining DSP with Cred Forums and they don't know how to play games and they say that something is absolute shit and then completely ignore it and give it a chance; when they play it they're even worse at the game so they can't even attempt to enjoy it because of how bad they are

"hardcore" games like Doom, Souls series, new XCOM series and stuff like this, they say they hate story focused ones.

They decided they hated it before the game even started because it "looks bad". Then they spent an hour in the tutorial failing at opening doors and every other most basic shit over and over, and skipping over every info while reading tweets about how bad the game is. Then they reloaded the autosave which brought them right to the start of the tutorial again so they quit the game.

>This
They are extreme Cred Forums but aren't even good at video games. If a game has anything closely relating to a story or is story driven it's automatic shit.

They only play games for gameplay and nothing else YET they always comment that graphics are crap

The only real talents in RLM are Mike and Jay, the others are just there, Rich is a funny clown sometimes.

>Those comments.
Every day i discover a new fanbase that's pure cancer.

Rich Evans actively hates the rpg genre and has stated thusly 100% blatantly to anyone who brings it up.

He played this specifically to make every single one of the fuckers in their chat to shut the fuck up about the game.

He's played it and now they can fuck off or stay, and now he has a video to point at and say "I played it, fuck off."

That is the only reason that stream happened. THE only reason.

It's the fanbase's fault and their chat's fault they had to see this happen.

I'm glad they did it, just to shit all over the game to spite those annoying fucking faggots in their chat.

ok, so hipster contrarians on steroids? Sounds pretty bad t b h, I'll pass.

Then again if they really hated kotor 1 and 2 their opinion on RPGs might as well hold no value, so w/e.

Why do people even watch "reviewers" like that who judge games before playing, doesn't that defeat the whole purpose? I'm guessing their fanbase has to be ultra-contrarian as well in order to watch these kinds of "reviews". Anyway, I doubt I'll be hearing from them any time again considering this is the first time I've seen them mentioned in quite some time, but thanks for the update at any rate.

Aren't those people their fans? What a strange way to treat your fans

Bow down before the one TRUE clan.

We bring order to chaos and maintain the Masquerade.

You can bitch and moan all you like but in the end you WILL stand before us and be judged for your transgressions.

Also, debofnight.andcuriouser.com/

>"Played it" badly on purpose
>Loaded a save from the start "on accident"
Makes me glad i have never heard of this faggots until today. And i will have forgotten by tomorrow.

>Loves movies and comics for stories but absolutely hates video games that even include any sort of story in them
I'm not a full on gameplay guy, I take gameplay and story together but gameplay is always first because if the gameplay is bad, it makes it difficult to advance the story and interact with characters, environment and look at architecture and other objects that build on that said story

He's spent countless time telling people he hates rpgs. They continued to bring it up nonstop in their chats every stream nonstop.

He did the stream now.

>it's their fanbases fault they played a game in a genre they don't like while ignoring the game telling them how to play it

Did the fanbase collectively hold up a gun to Rich Evans' head to force him to play this? Because if not there's something called acting like an adult and just ignoring something you know you'd just dislike.

People who play video games are not adults. So your logic is flawed heavily.

So, it's a glorified pretend game? Assuming I'd find the people to experiment with, it sounds so intimidating to get into
But then again, I'm not into these things at all, despite my occasional curiosity

He should have said he had no interest and moved on, ignoring further comments about it. Instead they made this weird, passive aggressive stream.

His next game he's going to play is the Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2.

HERES THE FUCKING THING THOUGH, he's gone on record saying he really enjoyed Mass Effect 1 and a bit of 2 but didn't even bother touching ME3. So he contradicts himself constantly unless of course he SKIPPED all the dialogue and alternative dialogue in the first two games.

>So, it's a glorified pretend game
That's TRPGs in a nutshell, yes.

Their fans are faggots too.

the game is put together badly
it runs on a limited version of the source engine because valve didnt want any games using source releasing before hl2
the game stayed in development hell for a while
its not a great game but it is a good one
most of the people who praise it do so out of nostalgia because for its time it was pretty cool
i replayed it recently and it hasnt aged terribly but time has done it no favors

>it hasnt aged terribly but time has done it no favors
this statement contradicts itself

Their opinions on games are oddly narrow and very specific unlike Mike and Jay's half in the bag where Mike offers a pretty open viewpoint while Jay offers some contrast.

Usually Rich just screams at a game for having some cutscenes while aidsmobey just fake laughs more than people type lol casually. There's never anything fundamental explored with any of the games they talk about and I just seem to hear their preferences over and over on repeat.

The only review I really agreed with was the Sonic games one, but that was so contrarian to people it didn't really leave room for some open discussion.

The worst one was MGS5, even though I disliked the game they were the wrong people to come on to say why it's bad.

how?
i just meant that its still a good game and holds up fine but someone whos spoiled by newer games would have a harder time appreciating it since its a bit dated

I thought the game was a piece of shit right when it came out. It had a ton of bugs and I just didn't get into it at all. Last halloween I decided to replay it and fell in love. You basically just need to look past the engine and the combat and just get into the vampire sim elements and story and it becomes a more unique game than other RPGs.

I don't think it's a matter of aging really because the things that normally do for most games just weren't that good when it came out. The game just holds up for what it actually has going for it.

I wonder how bad they're going to be at Thief, can't wait for Jack's hot opinions on that one.

>General Thread

>the game is put together badly
>it runs on a limited version of the source engine because valve didnt want any games using source releasing before hl2
>the game stayed in development hell for a while
conceded

>its not a great game but it is a good one
no

>most of the people who praise it do so out of nostalgia because for its time it was pretty cool
certainly not for me. I played most RPGs since the 90s before this game registered in my radar, and it still blew all the competition away. As Eurogamer said back then, despite the technical problems and mediocre reviews, there are roleplaying aspects of the game, like the script, that no other game has even come close to matching. Certainly nothing since then has even attempted to reach such heights. I guess it depends on what you're looking for in your RPG, but it's no coincidence that you see so many people on Cred Forums praising it as one of the best RPGs ever.

There's no VTMB Generals other than the ISOLATED halloween threads.

I at least feel like I've learned something. I thought my dumpy over the hill uncle was complaining from ignorance when he called games pushing a button and the TV saying you did a good job, but it turns out that's literally what they're all looking for.

I hope Cred Forums will shut up about these guys now.

RLM boys have terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE taste in vidya.

youtube.com/watch?v=uGGoa1GSYS0

>21:00-41:13

Cred Forums BTFO

its a good game because it excels at its rpg elements
it cant be a great game only because it isnt mechanically sound
on my last playthrough i had to use the console to get past the pump area in the sewers because of a glitch
it had a ton of bugs that the community had to fix
dont get me wrong
i fucking love bloodlines
but it was released half broken and is an even worse offender for this than even elder scrolls

That's true, but VTMB is pure overrated horseshit.

congrats, people are dumb. it's a great game.

why would I care what that nobody thinks?

>VTMB is pure overrated horseshit

jesus, rich is really really dumb

when playing deus ex hr, he didn't realise he made the coroner flip out because he tried to drag the body in the basement of the police station and assumed it was scripted, so he kept reloading and starting a firefight with the cops, thinking the alarm would be triggered regardless

Time for you to get pwned.

This

They're acting really childish, I couldn't watch any more.

>it cant be a great game only because it isnt mechanically sound
again, priorities. Is this definition of a great game something you just made up for supposed objectivity or is it an exhibition of your preferences in a game? Technical problems, to me, don't matter in the slightest when the rest of a game is so good. Sure, they detract from the whole thing, but lemme tell you, I'd rather games had actual good content like bloodlines and technical problems, than be mechanically and technically stellar but with low-quality RPG content. So, like I said, it's all about priorities and taste. Sporadic technical problems rank the lowest in my book when rating a game.

>So who's in the wrong?

The two dorks who suck at video games saying it's bad for views?

I wouldn't have minded them shitting on the game if the time was actually spent on playing the game and picking apart things that were borked or silly about it, the game would lend itself to that sort ribbing

this was pure contempt from the onset and a waste of people's time

Is there a reason why anything this channel produces should be expected to be a good opinion?

>this was pure contempt from the onset and a waste of people's time
It was. They spent like a fucking hour just shitting on the game and people who liked the game, calling them sex fetish perverts and shit.

nah its an opinion im not trying to be objective
my most recent playthrough is what made me feel that way about it
i still had a great time playing it but i wasnt captivated like when it released
as far as plot, player choice, actions/consequences, and character building goes, youre right, its an awesome experience that you get to shape in ways other games dont allow

pathetic really

It's a 'show' called JESUS CHRIST SHUT UP! in reference to their fans. I'm not sure what they're thinking. Are they just trying to piss people off? Is this an attempt at edgy comedy or something?

One spot-on video about one contemporary movie's marketing strategy, I guess.

I just reinstalled this a few days ago. Please tell me I'm not the only one dumb enough to die on the damn warehouse mission repeatedly

dunno, all I know is that I was a dumbass thinking they'd give the game a fair shake and have fun with its writing and characters

Depends. Build? What did you die to? I had no problems.

Give me (You)'s

worse, he never tried entering from the front door of the precinct

he entered from the back and then spent an hour sneaking to the front reception area, not knowing he could be in there and be seen until he was told so by the viwers - then did the dialogue battle and walked into the basement

Here is one. How is she related to this game or any in general?

>nah its an opinion im not trying to be objective
alright then, no objections from me

Your post just gave me the impression that you can only consider a game "great" rather than just good if it is great at every aspect, without dropping the ball at anything. My point was that I'm not of the opinion that a game has to be at least decent or good at every aspect to be considered great, as in, having to be good at its controls, combat, story etc. all at once. I think that, if a game is absurdly good at once aspect, but not that much in another then that's fine. A GOAT game for me can be one that doesn't even have a coherent story, but has immensely satsifying controls for example (we can use Super Mario World as an example). It's more than good/great, and it lacks a focus on story and story-related features, but it excels at its gameplay. Similarly, VTMB excels at role-playing elements, but isn't as strong in the combat/control aspect, but it's still "great" for me.

Needed it to make this

You either like VTMB or you don't but it's a niche game for goths, Lets Plays don't make sense especially as "personalities" because you just have to enjoy the story. It's not an entertaining game from the aspect of "oh hey what are you playing" unless said person is a goth.

What a shit thread, probably the worst VTMB thread I've ever seen and I fucking love the game.

This is the game the modern Bioware RPG stole everything from

And it still dose some parts of the formula better

They will never stop being bad at vidya

that's hilarious

>niche game for goths
non-goth here, can't confirm, it's one of my favorite games ever

What the fuck is this shit still doing up?

MODS

>for goths

>it's a niche game for goths
no it's not, thats the dumbest thing ive read all day. it's a great game because of the good writing, setting, and the depth of WoD. there's loads of detractors but overall it's one of the best rpgs of its generation

>for goths

u w1t m9

No really, I'm just retarded. I died from the blast because I confused myself into going backwards through the warehouse, then got stuck around the trains in front of it. Then I got shot to death because I didn't clear enemies from my path to safety after setting the bombs.

technically this is an e-celeb thread with a link to a stream

the game legimately broke on me three times last run aside from some funny minor glitches
when i get stuck running on the side of a crate or have to use the no walls command in the console to get through a glitched zone it dampens my enjoyment and breaks my immersion
honestly i dont even think the controls/combat aged badly like some anons though they arent the games strong points
i always roll seduction ventrue anyway
there are just parts of the game that are sonic 06 tier broken even if it is a great example of how an rpg should react to its player

>for goths

lmao stay delusional

>A video of someone playing video games is not video games
Granted, the bastards ended up not playing it, but still,

I'm just fucking angry people actually watch people play video games and then probably believe their opinions on the game. I don't want more normies trying out VTMB and I certainly don't want people going "oh wasnt that game shit" FUCK I'm not even a goth but I mean if you're into vampires you'll probably come across the game or the actual role playing game and that's sort of what I meant by that fuck you

Glitches are all over the place, true, although it seems that my experience of glitches and crashes hasn't been as severe as yours or hasn't affected me as much. Frankly, having to noclip if I get stuck on a box or some glitchy pipe or other environment once or twice per playthrough doesn't really affect me that much. It frustrates me just a bit, but then I get back to the game and I completely forget about it.

What exactly do you mean by "broken" though? Crashes, bugs or what?

>i always roll seduction ventrue anyway
You have played malkavian at least once, right?

>Rich is going to hate KoTOR 1 and 2

They whine when a game has a story.
They whine when the game lacks a reason for them to continue aka no story.

They whine when a game forces tutorials on them.
They whine when a game doesn't have a tutorial.

They whine that point and click adventure games are too easy.
They whine about text based adventure games requiring a very specific command to continue.

They whine when a game is too easy.
They whine when a game is too hard.
They whine when a game is multiplayer focused because all the other players will be "no life losers that play the game 24/7"

>Pre Rec won't ever die because it's RLM's second biggest money maker

one big thing is is that they don't focus on the game, but discussing capeshit and other retarded shit

having them play anything else but kiddie indie shit is both beyond their capacity and the format, I'm beginning to think

Why do we care what nobodies think? I watched when they began the game and they instantly said "I don't like it" despite not playing at all

I don't mind them hating the game and shitting on it. I never expected either of them to be big on RPGs, and Bloodlines is one of the wonkiest ones out there.

The really shitty attitude they had from the beginning, especially to the game's supporters, was really off-putting to me. I think these streams are specifically designed to discourage people from constantly suggesting games they have no interest in playing. That said, they were acting weirdly immature instead of just being their usual dick selves.

I know they don't give a shit what anyone else thinks (and they shouldn't), but they were really disappointing today.

broken as in i had go back to an earlier save because i somehow fucked up a quest chain
towards the end of the game i couldnt continue because the person i was supposed to talk to wasnt giving me the dialogue options to continue
i think it was either the prince or one on of the anarchs iirc
i also fell through the floor in the nosferatu caves after accidentally walking through a wall
i didnt have any crashes really
i still finished the game again though and i opened it

>You have played malkavian at least once, right?
oh yeah of course
tremere too they had the best magic

I just got to China Town on my first play through, I am playing as a Tremere. My question is, is the game completely different playing as Malkavian or Nosferatu? I would like to do a replay but I have pretty much 100% the game so far.

how is the gog version?

It's a big game.

Haven't heard of these game breaking bugs appearing with the unofficial patch to be frank. But then again, such bugs are very rare afaik, so it's plausible that you got unlucky, it happened to me too once in some questline, oh well.

>tremere too they had the best magic
tremere is cool, but nosferatu is best clan. If you haven't done a playthrough with nosferatu yet, do it, they have many unique dialogue options pertaining to their appearance, it's really immersive.

This really.

I'm sure if someone gave the same treatment to Thief 1 and 2, Rich would be foaming at the mouth.

Malkavian is completely different. People recommend playing something else for your first time because then you can appreciate the dialog more and it's easy to say something you don't mean. For example, i ended up killing Mercurio.
Nosferatu has a few unique reactions from the few humans you are required to see for quests. You will have to do a stealth build and spend most of your time traveling the sewers since you can't let anyone see you.

I really think these streams are just meant to be intentionally shitty to deter annoying requests. That's the "gimmick" here.

I guess that's fair. I just won't watch those then.

Again, it's not really a matter of them hating on a particular game. It's just that a stream where a guy does nothing but have a constant negative attitude isn't very fun to watch. Even the Retsupurae guys at least crack jokes and make fun of what they're playing instead of obsessing over how much they dislike it.

That stream got real draining, real fast because there wasn't anything fun about it.

honestly i had less trouble playing it way back when i didnt even know there was a patch but it was having lose a few hours of progress that rubbed me the wrong way

>play nosferatu
i will if i pick it up again, user
id like to try the antitribu mod also