Is this the hardest Resident Evil game?

Is this the hardest Resident Evil game?

I think REmake might be the hardest in the series but I've never played Code Veronica so I need someone to back that up

Yes.

0 is for all the wrong reasons

You can literally kill all of the regular zombies in the game with the knife.

By the time I found the handgun upgrade I had over 300 bullets for it in storage.

>for all the wrong reasons

I've never played 0, what's so hard about it.

The combat and situations themselves aren't particularly challenging, but it is really easy to trap yourself in a corner, moreso than the other games, if you don't plan your inventory properly.

>Cargo hold with tyrant and no ammo
Pure unfiltered hell, also the steve chase was pretty bullshit too.

the only parts where it's hard are the cargo hold with the tyrant and the steve chase, and that's because you can get permanently fucked over if you don't know they're coming up and don't have the gear

>Insane amounts of backtracking. The first area of the game is literally a long hallway you brainlessly backtrack across several times
>No item box, have to sort through piles of garbage on the floor instead of a tidy menu
>No way of knowing what's going to happen your first time through the game, so if you leave something on the ground and trigger the next section of the game you could lose it forever
>Billy can't mix herbs for no reason other than to add to the amount of bullshit micromanagement you have to do. Even fucking 10 year old Sherry Birkin could mix herbs.

its funny how Chris goes from boy band model to rock puncher

also claire a cute

>Respawning enemies up the ass
>Shit inventory system
>Worse case of backtracking in the entire series
>Some enemies hitboxes are comp
>The Bat boss

I found REmake harder

Code Veronica best resident evil.

So if I'm playing through the RE series, is 0 skippable then? Am I missing anything really great if I skip over it?

Yes, it might as be non canon since it's never referred to in any other games

Skip it. It's easily the worst of its kind.

Definitely the hardest. I think it is also the longest.

Item management is pretty intense in Code Veronica, and there's just a ton of enemies in the game that aren't regular zombies so you're always up against something that'll fuck up your day. This is granted you don't use - by far - the strongest knife in the RE series to date.

Play it and form your own opinion, I replayed it not too long ago and didn't have any problems beating it. I remember having a bitch of a time in multiple spots in code veronica though.

I've never finished it, but it's really not very fun. I wouldn't say skip it but give it a try.

What is the easiest RE?

I'd say Resident Evil 2 - ClareA / Scenario 1

It's the worst RE, or it was was until RE7 happened.

Outbreak anyone?

Outbreak feels pretty obtuse, but I don't know if it is as brutal as CV is.

>Ridiculously strong knife
>SMGs which are insanely overpowered against the hunters in the Chris section
>Handgun upgrade makes the handgun godly
>Only like 3 bosses you actually have to fight

In what universe was CV hard? Am I missing something?

Is outbreak actually good? the concept always interested me

I remember the beginning part of the game being extremely hard. But only because I couldn't adjust the brightness on my shitty tv and there was so little lighting in the game.

the most difficult thing about it is not falling asleep playing it because it's the most boring game in the franchise.

This. The game has a fucking huge amount of ammo too.

A first playthrough, assuming you're not using a walkthrough, can be challenging, but I don't think it's hard at all if you know what you're doing. Same goes for RE0.

I'd say Real Survival or Invisible Enemy mode on REmake is probably the most challenging, regardless of your knowledge.

Its a matter of taste, do you like to play re games with a timer? I personally liked it a lot

One of the best RE imo

Fuck off, retard.

It's only hard the first time through when you don't know the bullshit parts like when it switches from Claire to Chris in the middle of the game and the Tyrant Steve part where you unavoidably have to use 2 full health items to run away from that asshole.

hang yourself from a lamp post

I played it as a kid and got to here and was fucked.

Just FYI if you don't like this game and don't think it's the best in the series then you are transphobic and are not welcome here. Kthx

>Cargo fight
>Not using the B.O.W grenade rounds

I used to use BOW rounds on that part where the tyrant is walking towards you and your back is to the fire.

>>No way of knowing what's going to happen your first time through the game, so if you leave something on the ground and trigger the next section of the game you could lose it forever
you can always get shit you drop. There is no place you can lose shit forever. Game has problems but at least get your facts straight

This. After the train, you can pick up any of your dropped items below the mansion.

Is RE2's Scenario 2 longer than Scenario 1?

S tier:
REmake, RE4, RE2, Outbreak series

A tier:
RE3, CV, Revelations 1

B tier:
RE1, RE0, RE5

C tier:
Revelations 2, Gaiden, Survivor series

F tier:
RE6

What do you guys think?

I agree with this, user! This reflects my personal opinions quite well.

I think you're just another faggot with a shitty opinion.

No

>replying to yourself

I'm not even going to bother with a screencap with you.

All you are missing is more Rebecca.

Shame she only has 0 to really call her own game.

>Re4 that high
Kill yourself

RE4 is great! You're simply a contrarian or someone hung up about some small pedantic thing if you don't think that RE4 is a good game. Not placing it in your personal hall-of-fame is understandable, but it should be recognized as a great game.

Ive got a lot of appreciation for this franchise, hardest for me is REmake with The grenade zombie difficulty.

REmake>RE4>RE3>RE2>RE6>RE5>Rev2>Rev1>CV>>>>>>>

>Killed the series
>Sent it off on a bizzare tangent the next 2 games were wasted on trying to clean up and correct
>Brought a poster boy into the limelight spawning cancerous cgi movies
>Brought in a wave of kids hating on previous games
>Sold worse than 5 and 6
>1/2 the game is shit
>QTE's for no reason
>Rewards you with ammo,herbs and gold making it casual as hell
>Not even what it set itself out to be to begin with.
>Fedora-tier us gamers amirite XD fanbase

Its fucking shit

None of your points matter at all dude. They have nothing to do with the game's quality.

"QTEs for some reason" is the closest you get but like... what?

Yes, it is; the hardest to fucking stand that is.

I can knife my way through 2/3rds of that game.

Also, they changed Steve's original haircut and color so fuck that revisionist shit.

Oh look the same guy from earlier posting the exact same thing.

Steve's original hair? Steve wasn't in the series before CV

They changed his hair in CVX

Ah, do you have a pic? I don't see any different when I google but they may all just be CVX... I don't remember how it looked on Dreamcast.

Yes.

ahhh yeah.

He looked exactly like Leonardo Dicaprio and Capcom was getting shit from the fans so they changed it into something even gayer.

RE1 is S tier
RE4 is A tier
Revelations should be in your nonexistent D tier
F tier is for any truly awful RE like the GBC one that you somehow think is C tier.

>it's a "decent/good RE thread devolves into retards posting rankings and arguing about RE4" thread

It's the same faggot as always still pissy that no one else loved outbreak as much as him.

You guys like The Evil Within? I think they went overboard with the difficulty levels. It becomes unbelievably tedious on anything but Easy or Survival.

The mansion kind of kills any motivation to replay it, also not a fan of psychological "Is this real life" horror.

I had to restart the game all over again because of that one hsitty boss that requires you to stock on healing items. This game is bullshit.

I'm fine with the premise but pissed that they haven't announced a sequel, with all the loose ends.

Sebastian was still in STEM, right? The headache, Leslie disappearing, and his partner not being there all seem to point to it.

Also, what was up with Kidman suddenly being in the STEM room with that cut on her palm?

Nope