Why are pic related so underpowered in vidya?

why are pic related so underpowered in vidya?

to punish weeaboos

did you not play dark souls 1-3 ?

dark souls is a very difficult series

because laser swords exist in games
get with the program

someone hasnt played DMC3

Because they're only good at one thing.

>mfw getting approached by a peasant-killer who wear wood and leather on the battlefield
>mfw his sword breaks after a single swing

>mfw faggot knight doesn't understand what happened as I easily cleave him in half with a single draw slice

Where would you even draw slice on him? He's armored from head to toe

It doesn't matter, a katana would slice him cleanly in half

>mfw some fat motherfucker tries to fight me with a replica he got at Disney
DEUS VULT

Even Africa had better swords than Japan. Start posting superior swords nigga.

you're confusing swords with blunt weapons, and how every fucking rpg has a goddamn bias to piercing weapons and ups the blunt resistance of every fucking enemy.

Something something the katana is underpowered in d20 see stat block

>wrong pic

Literally the perfect sword

They didn't used to be that must be a modern thing. Old gta and dead rising would love to chat great weaswords.
Practical and great for nig nogging 10/10 would ooga Booga. again

>African blades
the land of Christmas tree weapons

Because IRL they are pretty shitty compared to a Greatsword

RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1 RUNNING R1

>REEEEEEEEE ONLY BLACK PEOPLE USED SWORDS FOR FIGHTING! EVERYONE ELSE IS GOOD BOYS WHO DINDU NUFFIN!
(you)

I'm aware that the Katana is shit for anything other than bare flesh.

Are you aware that knights were just as into peasant murder and rape?

sigh, not this debate again -.-

Only western games depict katanas as weak. That's why they're shit games

because it can cut solid steel from 10,000 miles away by using the secret super subarashi chinpo kira kawaii doki doki kokoro kakkoii slashu technique

It's pretty great in Killing Floor 2.

Samurai mostly used spears and archery. The sword was the same as it was in Europe: an ornamental piece displaying power, and meant for killing unarmored foes. And in that regard, curved swords were actually generally better. The Indian tulwar could slash up a nigga like it was nobody's business

>The sword was the same as it was in Europe, the best side arm you could possibly get
ftfy

Oh, hello!

You know why the Japanese had such complicated and ritualistic smithing techniques?

Because their iron is absolute shit, they had to fold a piece of metal a couple hundred times while smashing coal into it to impart some carbon superstructure into their shitty fucking iron.

It was just that bad.

>A couple hundred
10-12 times usually

Off by a power of ten, psssh

nothin' personal, kid

all swords were folded time and again, no matter the quality of the metal folding it several times will impart more strength to the final weapon. folding the metal "hundreds of times" would do nothing but homogenize the metal, completely negating any benefits of folding it.

Well those are throwing blades. I assume all those protrusions are so they'll still fuck someone up even if it hits them at a weird angle.

>You know why the Japanese had such complicated and ritualistic smithing techniques?
small time, it's time you seen a properly hand-crafted blade instead of amateur trash.

Folding the steel was done to homogenize the metal, that was the entire reason for it. This was not necessary in later medieval times as they had excellent steel production capabilities

Homogenizing the metal was desired because you didn't want a sword with a carbon content of .9% in one section of the edge and .5% in another, because that .9% would be be far too brittle and would be a serious weak spot because you run the risk of over hardening that spot trying to get the section with .5% up to a proper hardness.

But by turning that piece of metal with varying carbon contents, some higher than others, suddenly you have a sword with an even .6% carbon content which is excellent for swords and other bladed weapons/tools.

how do i identify a katana from a not katana

>tfw Africa could/did make a better sword?

Actually, those "hundred folds" are relative to how many metal layers there is, rather than the number of times they fold.
so goes 2,4,8,16,32,64...

The sutton hoo burial stuff is fucking gorgeous.

Look at the shape of the sword in the op.

Does it not look like that shaped? Then its not a katana. They are a very specific shape

i know this is a joke, but its sad thinking the weeaboos that think this.

So is this a katana?

how old is it?

>le 10×10^1000 fold swerd

It's realistic to do so

I couldn't tell you if these are reproductions or very well kept antiques, however they are likely modelled after the ssangsoodo, a korean sword, which was probably modelled after Chinese swords when it first showed up much like how Japan used Chinese sword designs

its perfectly fine in nioh

Not as much as shotguns

>Shotguns are useless past 4 feet
>ALL shotguns fire birdshot
I fucking hate this shit

Dark Souls actually do it correctly.
Katanas are quick, cut flesh with ease but are brittle like butterfly wings.

/thread

Knock knock.

autism

not in pso2, i prefer guns btw

(sub sharan)africans never made swords, closest thing was the short stabbing spear of the zulu.

Well looks like if they made the handle shorter they'd basically have a sword. A spear was probably just more practical for whatever hunting/fighting they had to do.

Katanas are generally pretty decent on average in games. Always have been.

>Running R1
FUCK THESE PEOPLE.
THE NETCODE IS ALREADY GARBAGE AND PEOPLE SWING WHILE IM FIVE FEET AWAY AND STILL MANAGE TO GIT ME, BUT THESE MOTHER FUCKERS STILL MANAGED TO OUTBULLSHIT THEM

WELL, I HAVE NOTHING BUT POISE, BIG SWORDS AND HAMMERS NOW, CUNT
GO AHEAD AND TIP-TOE TOWARDS ME, YOU THUNDEROUS TWAT, I'LL TEAR YOUR TENDONS OFF MY GREAT MACHETE
>Implying I'm mad

>Always the most powerful weapon in its weaponclass
>Even in western games
>Underpowered

H-how strong do you want it to be?

>getting this butthurt over a nigger joke

Because they are made to slash flesh with easy, not to clash against fucking armors, granted it can pierce armor with thrust, but at that poing might as well use a rapier

>Katana
>Baseball bat
>Frying Pan
>They all basically do the same damage

Left 4 Dead 2 was odd

It's a historical fact that katanas were used in WWII to slice tanks in half. Until I see that represented in-game they're underpowered.

What, you haven't played Metal Gear Rising?

>not using grorious 太刀 (that's tachi for you whitu piggus, the greatest of nihonto)

Good thing they also carried these

>Slicing a sherman tank
>hard
The only reason why you can't do it with a butter knife it's because it will stop on the pilots.

cant you do that in metal slug 5?

Kid. You better take that back.

I thought only Oni carried those

>le death traps meme

Man, this thread has EVERYTHING.

Kanabō were used by samurai sometimes, in 1 and 2 handed varieties. They had ones made out of just metal too.

I dunno how practical the huge ones would be though since if you miss your swing you'd basically be fucked in the time it takes to pick it back up

This is the worst design of a priest I've ever seen

Are you sure?

Daily reminder that the Sherman was better than its German and British counterpart in almost every conceivable way.

It was too easy to be set on fire, which made it an easy target for the japanese fire arrows.

It was no easier to set fire than other tanks.

Early war the British had issues with ammo cooking off, but it was addressed before US troops used the tanks, certainly before the Japanese encountered them.

Nazi tankers would often fire on abandoned tanks until they combust so they couldn't be retrieved.

On the other hand, you had the panther tank which would catch fire if you look at it funny.

LOL

because japanese sword making and metal was so shit it separated into two peices and they had to cast the harder steel over the soft steel causing weird gaps in the metal. eroupsteel strong

literally edgy armor design.

I prefer knives.

nothing personal

pretty funny.