The Great Debate

The Great Debate.
Feline Armor is the best

Wolf School is alright.

Manticore

Feline armor at Mastercrafted

Bear or Wolf when we go up to Grandmaster because Cat adds the retarded hood.

Gotta go with Bear.

Its fedora as fuck but I like cloaks and shit like that

This. Mad as fuck when I finally crafted grandmaster cat. Should have looked it up.

the only thing that matters is which one has the best stats

Cat's good when it looks like a medieval version of the sneaking suit.

Best fully upgraded is Wolf.

Can we find some pics of the ultimate versions of the armor?

Feline is the Fucboi The Set
I still love it best

CAT
Good, fits well, not fedora-ish with cloaks

WOLF
Looks like an edgy anime character

BEAR
Looks too big, looks like he's going to shoot up a school

GRIFFIN
Good, but not stylish. Second best choice

just wear the glasses of patriarchy to keep the hood down

>tfw went Wolf because "muh white wolf, muh schoole of the wolf" meme, only to find the raised collar on that armorset was a fucking chin-clipping horrorshow in dialogue scenes

Manticore > GM Griffin > GM Bear > GM Wolf > GM Cat

Manticore is pretty obvious, it's the best looking out of the set simply because it's simplistic and looks like something a frequent explorer would wear.

Griffin can look a little meh at times, but once it goes above tier 3 it looks really elegant, I like the contrast with gold. It's also technically the most practical out of the armors in irl design.

Bear is OK, looks nice while wearing it in Skellige.

I would put Wolf above others but its grandmaster form looks a little too overdesigned, plus it has a lot of clipping issues. In terms of design and its W2 inspiration it's the best.

Cat is "OW THE EDGE" tier. The further up the tiers it goes the uglier it gets. Should've been primarily leather instead of that disgusting navy cloth. The hood sucks too but at least you can get rid of it with a mod.

At least there's a mod to remove that fucking hood. Installed that shit immediately.

wolf armor dyed completely black + loosely gathered and tied behind the head is the patrician combination

they all give unique buffs on top of the core stats, if you want to minmax you can match the set to your build but I don't play this game for its 'hardcore RPG elements' so whatever looks best is fine by me

Does that work? I haven't upgraded to grandmaster yet but I have the spectacles on at all times so that's a life saver.

>Looks like an edgy anime character

Depends on your play style. Wolf is balanced, Feline is high damage quick attacks, Ursine / Bear is high defense and heavy attacks, griffin is high magic.

Theres no hood on feline armor

I personally like Bear the most. But I'm a sucker for any armor that combines cloth/robes with mail/plate. The Grandmaster version even gets an awesome fur collar and shit. Wolf is clearly a good canonical Geralt choice though.

Cat looks like Geralt is running around in tights and only gets edgier with upgrades. The starting version is kinda nice with the short-sleeve look, but then it just degrades. And with Grandmaster you get a goddamn hood that looks goofy. Griffin though is probably the worst looking. Geralt looks fat, the colors are off, it looks way to heavy and not in a way that seems like it offers tons of protection like Bear, and the Grandmaster version is just silly.

Bear = Wolf > Cat > Griffin

prettty sure bear would be terrible for combat with that chainskirt obstructing your movement

The reason why Griffin looks fat is because there's an armor plate under the leather. Griffin is basically just a witcher-ized knight's armor.

Wolf plus Short Hair = Manly Devil May Cry Mode.

>The reason why Griffin looks fat is because there's an armor plate under the leather.

Is that apparent on the armor? Never crafted it so I wouldn't know the minor details of what it has. Still looks rather goofy. I like the idea of a sign-focused witcher set, but it just looks too puffed up for my tastes.

Absolutely. Still looks neat though.

I think griffin's supposed to resemble a griffon's chest, which is puffy

I've been thinking about getting this game. Is there any real armor variety or is it just 4 sets? Also what about weapons?

I don't really care about the armor stats because it doesn't matter if your good at dodging. So I just go with what looks cool.

None of the other armors really go for that aesthetic though. Outside of Bear's Grandmaster form I guess which straight up has fur on it.

I just always hated all the armor sets that make Geralt look like he has some kind of beer belly. I get that there should be a fuck ton of protection in those spots, but it still bothers me.

There is a shit ton of different armor and weapons. But the best gear is the witcher gear and there are 4 (1 is free DLC) that are upgradable.

implying it's even a challenge. bear is by far the best. by FAR

There's a decent amount of armor variety. Those are just the main top-tier sets with special bonuses tied to them that you can upgrade over time. There's lots of armor, even some full on plate and shit.

There's a little weapon variety, but really all you'll use is swords because that's what you're supposed to use. You're a witcher after all. But there are some axes and maces that you can find. I can't even tell you if they swing any differently since swords is all you really use.

how the hell is it fedora

Wolf, Cat, and Bear are all good armor for their purposes and look easy to deal with on a daily basis.

Griffin armor is literally a trash can he found in Novigrad that he decided to wear because he's a deranged Witcher hobo.

There isn't really any proof that there's plate under it (unless you consider the metal plate used in crafting not being represented on the armor as a reason), but the model resembles how cloth would shape around a real metal armor plate. It also looks like a gambeson which is just leather ontop of plate. What said could also be valid.

Iffy quality, but here's the Grandmaster sets.

>Feline screenshot taken when Geralt looks the edgiest possible

Perfect.

Viper, and its bullshit that it only gets the one set.

I hate that scar they gave him in the hearts of stone expansion.

Viper.

The fact that blood and wine didn't add a upgrade it made me sad.

I really wish once you grandmaster them they scaled with your level, or even that you could "maintain them" or something, to keep them leveled with you.

In blood and wine I grew out of my grandmaster armour incredibly fast, which was frustrating considering how expensive in both money and materials they are to make.

ursine is the only good looking one

Did you not beat it or something? It's not permanent.

why couldnt the starting armor have more upgrades? that made me mad. even more so when the viper armor was just a reskin of the starting kaer morhen. also bear best GM set

manticore reminds me of the witcher 1 starting armour

I think that's the point though

bear school all the way nigga

also fuck griffin school

That's not grandmaster Manitcore

There's a shit load of weapons and armor but those are the 4 mainline armor sets that everyone uses because you get one of their basic versions early in the game. There's 5 tiers for each "school" that you're supposed to upgrade through throughout your playthrough. There's still one-off sets like New Moon and Manticore.

You're right, that's the exact reason they put it in. Geralt even mentions how he remembers using a set from the manticore school a long time ago.

Modded Grandmaster Ursine armor that makes it look like the actual concept art.

Wolf school goes with Eskel and Lambert so fucking well, fuck all the rest.

Dayum shame they ruined the colours with their dye system.

>he's using the new game+ version of manticore that has shitty chainmail and removed components

In the description for the quest you get to find it, it talks about how Geralt had an old set of it awhile back (in the witcher 1), so he was hype at being able to get his hands on a grandmaster set

But bear is all about staying stationary and using Quen and heavy strikes

it makes sense that its less mobile and more armor

I don't even play this game, but that bear armor is the best looking, and it's logical for the Era the game is trying to portray. The rest are shit except wolf and bear.

>not cosmetically replacing any given set with Kaer Morhen armor so you both look the best and have the best upgrades

It isn't? Sorry, just grabbed an image online and assumed since it lines up all the grandmaster shit.

There is almost no reason to use non-witcher gear though since the witcher set bonus blow everything else out of the water.

What do you mean?

viper was just a reskin, though. i wish it had a unique look. sure, it looked good, but it was still just a reskin. same deal with the weapons to be honest. pretty much all of them were just mix-and-match frankenstein creations from other swords in the game. WHERE THE FUCK DID THE DARK WEAPON SKINS GO. FUCK

Sure, but it's still kinda goofy to see Geralt spinning, twirling, and rolling while giant flaps of chainmail go flying with him. You are less mobile, but you still dodge and shit.

I used a dwarven axe for a while until I got a better steel sword. I liked using it and wish there were more high stat side weapon alternatives. I always thought it was dumb for him to lug 2 longswords on his back. Realistically it would make since to have the silver longsword for monsters and a short steel sword on his side for humans.

Quen heavy attack Bear build MR

Yeah but tbf there's plenty of room for fashion because the game still isn't exactly hard without using the absolute top tier armor.

I've never made the wolf armor because you get it too late

I think I might do ng+ and use either that or the viper armor instead of levity boosted bear armor

>yfw New Game+ ruined your chance to get Manticore Armor.

Fucking mad at this, fuck you CDPR for ruining my B&W gameplay.

I LOOKED FOR A MOD TO GET THE DARK WEAPONS AND ARMOUR INTO WITCHER 3 FOR LIKE 3 HOURS

none exists.

oh good, I've not played that DLC yet and was worried going in.

Unironically, Kaer Morhen is probably the best looking set in the game next to Manticore. Maybe it's just promotional content brainwashing, but it really fits Geralt. Too bad there isn't a way to get an upgraded version of it without mods.

When the update for blood and wine came out they changed the palettes and segmented the colours on the armour sets so you could properly dye each Armour piece individually.

Bear and Cat got shafted hard.

Yeah the whole brand is another incentive to complete the whole ordeal, even Geralt wants it fucking gone.

This, the starting armor is the best. That's why its on all the promo art. Basic leather and chainmail, perfect for Geralts fighting style.

You mean for the non-grandmaster versions? That is kinda shit.

Manticore is the only one that Geralt would actually wear

Wolf is too edgy, Cat is too gay, Bear is too heavy and Griffin is a joke

>2016
>Not modding the hood down

here, bro.
>witcher 3 nexus search:
>The Dark weapons (VGX Trailers)
>Witcher 2 Gear

agreed. i just used the mod that scales its level. swapped between that, ursine and witcher 2 modded gear

JUST

The early versions of the Wolf armor fit Geralt pretty fucking well. The studs multiplying is when it starts to go over.

the textures dont look great and i dont know if the mod is updated to the current version, but its the closest thing we got

Am I the only one who wanted Viper School stuff to be mastercrafted too?

>A jacket, two skirts and a dress

I wonder.

My only gripe with it is that chainmail attached to a backing like that is kind of silly and doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

It's a pretty minor grip, to be fair. The designs are still fantastic.

Well the problem is that the gear is level locked, so occasionally you'll pick up something that has better stats than your current witcher gear, and the next witcher gear upgrade is like 10 levels ahead so you'll be waiting long time before upgrading so you might as well use something else. I hate level restrictions on weapons and equipment.

Bear armor for sure.

Battle dress best dress motherfucker.

>wearing bear armour in Toussaint

It's like you want to look like a barbaric northerner

Griffin for dat Knight Errant swag

MOD IT

how is he not boiling alive under all of that

idk mutations

gotta represent Skellige n that Cerys en Craite pussy

You are letting Geralt relive his youth, right?

Ursine then Wolf Armor. Never liked the studs in Wolf though, makes Geralt look like he's gonna audition for a Depeche Mode fan band.

toussaint is so beautiful

I can't deal with it, guys

What?! Fuck. I was about to start getting the pieces to Grandmaster Cat

Nevermind, you've saved me user. Besides, the spectacles are pretty amazing on their own.

>not wearing nothing but white shirt in Toussaint

>Not being able to pound Cerys
She was casting "fuck me eyes" all over Geralt, why was it not an option?

This guy gets it. Toussaint is a vacation and a proper endgame.
>needing armor for it when you're massively overleveled

shes like your step-daughter

>lounging around the Vineyards before heading on horseback to the city for some gwent in your comfy clothes

Viper > Manticore > Feline > Wolf > Griffin> shitty gambeson with holes in it > Ursine

That's Ciri, retard.

read the books, retard

kek, not that poster but I thought you were talking about Ciri too until I reread your post. I think I got confused because part of your post was responding to someone posting Ciri.

Ciri is his biological daughter

Anyone else like how that cat school Witcher you meet in Hearts Of Stone commented on the armor you were wearing when you first walk up to him?

"Medallion of a wolf, armor of a cat...What are you? A hybrid?"

I thought it was a nice touch.

Cerys isn't Ciri retard

From his dead nutsack?

Ciri is his destiny.

Griffin is the most OP of the armours benefits wise.

Witchers are infertile, have you learned anything from the past 3 games

She is essentially adopted, by right of him helping her family

I have. Crach an Craite is mentioned once in The Last Wish, Cerys wasn't in the books.

What?
>who is Ehmyr Var whatthefuckever (the prick Nilfgaard emperor)

What does he say if you have bear or griffin?

Name's Geralt, the drowner killer. Got a nice ring to it. Whatcha think, Zoltan?

weebs are the worst

The books and games never say geralt and ciri didnt fuck offscreen.
You know witchers had that barrel duty for young lads in kaer morhen too.

>that scene when Geralt finds Ciri's dead body in the Isle of mist
>he starts rocking her back and forth
>mfw

"what are you, gay?"

Geralt performed a service for the future Emperor of Nilfgaard. He couldn't pay Geralt money so usually when that happens Witchers ask for the unborn child. Turns out Ciri was born a girl and by that time the Wolf school didn't know how to turn people into Witchers anymore but they taught her everything there is about being a Witcher.

Damn this picture is pleasing to the eyes.

>not wearing the basic shirt

plebs

not anymore if you tested that potion in 2

geralt can finally have a son with his one true love, shani

lol should've asked that question the moment everybody started the Witcher series

nice spoiler
dick

gg ez

>pretty geralt mod

plebius maximus

is that gender-bent Ciri?

>When Geralt asks Yennefer to remove the scar
That was a nice touch

That's Garelt Targaryen.

It doesn't happen if you're a good boy

thanks actuallyillwatchoutforthat

>he says 14 month after game launch

Excuse me?!

I actually kind of like walking around novigrad with the hood up, thats just me I guess.

Also Manticore a best, just not the NG+ version that shit is puke

Disgusting. Completely disgusting.

Just watched the bad ending on youtube. What the fuck man. That was legitimately depressing.

is better gear the only difference in ng+ aside from stronger enemies

>tfw got bad ending on first try

The thing is though, how the fuck does the bad ending and Blood and Wine work?

People just thought in mass that Geralt dies in the bad ending, yet clearly he survived to adventure in Blood and Wine.

How? Were you roleplaying as an asshole father?

she is revived like a minute later
Vesemir dies defending Kaer Morhen from the wild hunt
you go and help Ciri kill his killer next quest
you go get help fro phillipa to reform the mages to trap wild hunt with magic; Sile is kill
Crach dies in final fight, avallach "betrays" you and if you dont treat Ciri like an independent women she dies
No one important dies in part 4
only trish, mista, and gio survive part 5
everyone but emporeo dies in part 6

There's a mod to change it back

Mods were a mistake..

Actually, roleplaying as a good father gets you the bad end. Being a doormat cuck and spoiling the shit out of ciri gets you the good ending.

How the heck is letting her destroy the lab being a good father

lol didnt read

Some of those things can change depending on the gameplay though so no real spoilers there.

She probably had almost no childhood so I guess she kinda deserves it? Not sure.
I honestly didn't expect them to destroy the lab when I chose that option No regrets

best outfit coming through

>That one part where you get drunk with Eskel and Lambert
That was amazing.

This

>reads file name

kek

Well the legendary manticore armor has a different appearance, and it looks like pure shit, see Thats the only one I can think of that changes though

>fucking classic, Witcher 1 getup was GOAT
>ugly as sin
>ow the edge/10
>breddy gud
>looks great

>manticore because its simplistic and looks like what an explorer would wear
No its because it looks like the witcher 1 outfit you fucking faggot

Feline grandmaster with white dye is the ultimate armor

If you aren't wearing the glasses you are shit tier with shit taste.

Nice taste

I try my best

>meme specs

they were amusing for a while, but it's time to leave the child's things behind.

>oh god, witchers are attacking

>ciri wants to go talk to the sorceresses
>asks me to come with her
>alright
>WRONG

I love this game, but the ending decisions are pretty fucking stupid.

nice job misspelling emporio spoiler man

>Taking her to the emperor in the first place

I wonder what Yen thought when she saw them like that.

Thats the best ending

>Not encouraging her to be independent and stand for herself

>Geralt, bring me the unicorn

Ciri clearly didn't want to be empress
Witcher Ciri is goat

I actually missed that my first run through somehow. Good thing, too, because I told her not to be a degenerate at the lab but still got the good ending.

I'm a sucker for bittersweet endings so on my full playthrough I went with:

Ciri becomes emperess
Olgierd gets his soul stolen
Slay the beast of Beauclair

I'll admit, the game is good at pushing the moral envelope

That fantasy world inside the book was pretty great.
>Stepping on Thumbelina

unless you are ciri.

Shes had the opportunity to be nobility before, prefered to be a robin hood bandit with a gang called the Rats.

bad ending is non canon is how

Just shut up Ricky, yah fucking idiot