Hey Cred Forums

hey Cred Forums
i recently bought Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for Xbone along with the season pass 'coz i'm a sucker like that. Overall I'm pretty pleased with my purchase and am enjoy my time exploring ancient london but i have one question: what do you think of Evi Fryye?

because i dont mind her at all

>pleased with Syndicate
>ancient london
Fucking kill yourself, OP.

Also
>liking the worst Assassin yet

I hadn't played an assassins creed game since 2 and jumped back in with syndicate and wow. It was literally so boring it made me angry. The lack of soul and effort put into the game upset me as well. The worst part is the nerve this company has to put out a game called assassins crews and then put only a few kill animations in the thing. The whole fucking thing revolves around killing people and killing people isn't fun at all. It's a chore. Everything about this game is a chore.

Nice blog post

>i recently bought Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
>along with the season pass

>ends up with Henry
no
no no no no no

>Jack the Ripper is voiced by Alec Newman.

Hhhhnnnggg!

>ancient London
It's getting harder and harder to tell if posts are bait or not.

Syndicate is shit user. I fell for the meme. Unity on the other hand had some redeemable qualities. Fucking Syndicate doesn't even have a traditional Day/Night Cycle AND you can't change time of day.

Why was Syndicate's plot so simplistic? Like there isn't a single twist or change of objectives. I spent the whole game waiting for that other Assassin from the intro to show up and chew the twins out for going AWOL but I guess the rest of the order didn't give a shit about them running off half-cocked into a Templar stronghold.

Should've played Rogue.

Here are the issues with Syndicate and why OP is a drooling retard
>contextual hidden blades
>only three main weapon types
>can only use one main weapon at at time
>have to pause the game to switch them
>combat animations are janky as fuck

>leveled characters and enemies
>skill system
>both make no goddamn sense as Jacob and Evie are supposed to be Master Assassins

>worse graphics than Unity
>slow traversal, even with the zipline
>framerate goes to shit when you drive a carriage, which is required for some missions

>DESIGNATED forced romance
>villains are all shitty and one dimensional
>crossdressing dyke as a quest giver
>Lydia tells Churchill she wants the right to vote
>no prostitutes in VICTORIAN LONDON (main game)

>Jack the Ripper DLC makes no fucking sense
>Jack's identity is given away extremely early
>main weapon variety is further reduced to one weapon type

>being this bootyblasted about being Ubisoft's lowest common denominator

Man, China was a fucking hassle but it was an easy 100% to get. I hated it thoroughly

Unity was a bit better than Syndicate in everything but how stealth works.

Syndicate's map is actually too fucking big. Everything looks the fucking same, and the combat is shit because we got to have levels and you need to level up to do shit without it taking years. Melee combat is probably at its worst in Syndicate. The game requires you to use your grappling hook so much because of buildings being to scale, and they are fucking huge.

Reminds me of Dying Light, when I got to Old Town I had just unlocked the grappling hook but the map is designed around fucking tall buildings and your character climbs so slow you are almost forced to use the grappling hook to make shit not take ages.

New AC needs to go back in time, Egypt is fine if its going to be like the leak.

Is Unity good?

I've been waiting to get it cheap since all of the optimization problems and because >ubisoft

But I thought all of the stuff I saw and heard about the game systems sounded great such as:

>Non-counter centric combat
>Better stealth mechanics
>assassination missions letting you into a sandbox
>parkour up/down buttons

I thought all of this stuff sounded great and contributes towards making the AC experience I've wanted since #1.

Instead all I hear about is how shitty the bugs and story is.

So is the game good or not?

>Syndicate's map is actually too fucking big
The long-ass loading screens when fast travelling didn't help either.

It's decent if you ignore the story and how shit of a character Arno is.

I enjoyed it a lot. The story is kind of crap, but the levels are pretty well designed.

Arno is better than evie and Connor

>and Connor
I disagree.

Dont forget the further retardation of the parkouring. You cant even fuckin jump off a building if it would make you take damage.

I fucking Unity and never had any problems granted I played years after it got patched and fixed.

Running around Paris was fun as hell and the phantom blade is my favorite weapon in the series.

I fucking hated the throwing knives in syndicate, the clothing options (expect for Ezio's outfit you can get), and just about everything in syndicate.

Fuck Syndicate in general.

Syndicate has better stealth, but Unity's isn't bad. Compared to how bad it was before in any AC. Also Unity cuts down on the trailing missions 3 and 4 had.
People hate forced multiplayer, but Unity's co-op was pretty fucking fun for me and a friend.

Best map in the entire series, no joke. Buildings are big enough to have scale but aren't annoying to climb, there are multiple buildings you can enter first floor door/window or even go upstairs. So chasing/escaping feels really good with there being more access points through buildings. The rich district looks very distinct from the rest of the city and the assassinations are pretty good overall. The only one I thought was lazy was the graveyard one because it was so fucking easy

No, it's garbage. It has some improved combat but it stops there. Stealth is still a joke despite the addition of ducking, the freerunning is janky, missions are shit, the story is absolute trash.

It does look nice at times, but I just forced myself to play it. Thanks to it I stopped playing any Ubisoft games since 2014

The clothing options are so shit aside from the Legacy ones and The Huntsman.

I tried to pretend that Evie was Shao Jun throughout the game, but your hood gets removed after any cutscene.

>Jack the Ripper DLC

That first chase sequence was great. I was almost surprised that they were taking an unusual spin by letting you actually play as Jack, I thought I had the wrong idea of what the DLC was about. Then, as soon as I was getting excited for it, they drop the bomb, reveal who Jack is and you find out nothing progresses at all in the entire DLC. It was such a big waste of goddamned time.

Unity was the best in terms of fashion, it has a ton of shit to pick and it had all the legacy outfits from all the other games.

Even the weapons looked better in Unity, and you weren't locked down to fucking three weapons like Syndicate.

I absolutely hated all three options, fuck them for doing that. I

Also another bullshit I'd like to add is the 'QTE' fighting thing when you fight bosses like Crawford and Miss Littlehat or whatever her name was. That thing where the camera changes place, the enemy does a sort of tantrum thing and proceeds to just throw random punches and you have to counter them in sequence. The first time it happened, I thought the animations were glitched. Then it kept happening and I knew that it wasn't glitched, it was merely Ubisofted.

Thanks anons. you pretty much confirmed what I thought where gameplay was improved. I don't understand why anybody even gives a fuck about Assassin's creed story since it's been bullshit since the very beginning

I hope you're wrong, if only cause I want to like Unity. Otherwise thanks for the input.

Why didn't Syndicate just have a button control the hood being on/off or even a pause menu option?

On in stealth, Off in standing/running was fine though.

I don't expect an amazing story, just a decent one.

Both Unity and Syndicate are shit in those departments. Black Flag too, considering the series is supposed to be about assassins.

Except for this issue Some people don't like top hats, which are included in 90% of Jacob's outfits.

I'm surprised people here still play Asscreed after all the shit thes series went through. Even normalfags don't want it.

I any case, how's the game OP? I kinda miss the good old times of Assassins Creed 2 and its comfy atmosphere.

It's a short story and it's pretty mediocre, but goddamn it was great having all these clothing options and weapons unlike Syndicate.

Have fun m8

The combat is truly better and a nice change. However the climbing ain't good at all. The rooftops have tons of shit in them, which makes them annoying to travel.

There's also some bad animation going on with some kinds of jumps, when you do a certain long jump, you clearly go faster airborne than you were running, which looks extremely unnatural, it looks like you were catapulted into the other roof. It's so bad I made a webm that shows it. Might seem like a small thing but overall you see it happening again and again, and it really looks like crap.

Also the rooftops are quite far from each other, which don't make for a fun parkour element. I wouldn't expect anything remotely close to II if I were you, just better combat, but it's up to you.

see

Replaying Unity, it's not so bad now that it's patched.

damn, I had seen the parkour before and thought the animations were great but I understand how having Arno change his momentum instantaneously would be shitty and immersion ruining.

>I wouldn't expect anything remotely close to II

I have my problems with with II as well. I've given up all hope of them realizing any potential this series may have ever had and just play these games when they're incredibly cheap for a guilty-pleasure weekend romp every few years

it'd be great if the player character had momentum but that would counteract the heavily scripted mechanics of the parkour system

It's the Ubisoft shills in here I swear
>HOLY SHIT ASSCREED IV IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING
>play it
>it's okay at best, naval combat is repetitive, on foot content is awful

>WOW BLOOD DRAGON IS SUCH A MASTERPIECE
>play it
>it's Far Cry 3 with neon colors, and now you can't even pick which skills you want on level up, simplifying those already extremely shallow and simple games

>WITH UNITY THEY FIXED EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG
>play it
>it's a jumbled mess, looks good but has problems in nearly everything

So now I say, fuck it. I'm only playing anything from Ubisoft if Michel Ancel is working on it. Hopefully he leaves Ubisoft as soon as possible.

People only defend Black Flag because it's one of very few pirate games.

They just stick their fingers in their ears to anyone who points out how bad it is and say "just ignore the assassin parts".

I liked her. I felt the conflict with her brother was handled badly though. There's all this build-up but before they can have a truly major falling out, the game ends and they reconcile all their differences on the spot

He secretly hated her for her awkward romance with Raj Patel.

Evie was just ubisoft trying to ingratiate themselves with gurl gamerrrs after unity didn't have female player characters, and ultimately contributed very little. She fell in love with poo in loo for no real reason and most of the time just chased after the piece of eden, which most people don't really give a fuck about anymore.While I didn't like her because I felt she ultimately added far too little to the game, I don't feel that she actively detracted from it either.

Jacob was pretty based though.

Theres precedent for assassins doing exactly that. Ezio ran off to rome and dismantled the borgias, you could make arguments that connor acted rashly often too.

The VA's for both evie and jacob have admitted that they literally wrote the story as they went along. there was no plan. they both say they consider it far more in the genre of comedy than any previous AC game.

when those QTE things happen i also just started throwing knives or spamming quickshot with my gun. smoke bombs also worked.

its still pretty fucking stupid

Black Flag and Rogue were the best entries after 2 because they're the least Assassins Creed-like. Prove me wrong.

Black Flag is shit.

Can't believe I almost got this game.

The last AC I've played was Black Flag. I haven't finished it yet, but idk. I feel like it'd be a cool pirate game but there's too much Assassins Creed stuff in it. Also the fucking video game design subplot kinda irritated me.

I miss AC2.

Ugh

Black Flag is a bad Assassin's Creed game. It is a great ship sailing pirate simulator though.

see
Rogue has sailing and is the better game.

just skip unity i mean it
people all said its shit and i ended up getting it for about 15 bux on g2a because i couldnt contain my curiousity
nothing happens. at all
its basicly ok so youre a french dude heres your list of people to kill for revenge
the futuristic plot doesnt move a single bit. nothing fucking happens
the protag is boring as shit and the story is nonexistent
syndicate makes up for the same kind of bland story and almost 0 progress by having better gameplay but its still rather boring

i dont know if it was forced on launch but when i played it this year the coop missions were available to play solo if you waited 1min30secs in queue

>install game on my SSD
>instantly loads